ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , creekfreak

Old 31st January 2008, 02:39 PM   #201
Loss Leader
Do you want to date my Avatar?

The weird thing is that just today we saw an example of how real researchers go about discovering and documenting a previously unknown species.

It's not impossible. It can be done and it is being done.

L. Leader

Last edited by Loss Leader; 31st January 2008 at 02:41 PM.
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 02:40 PM   #202
Creekfreak
Banned

Lock you have been invited to put your views on the table in a live arena .
It has nothing to do with me or my photo just bigfoot research with the people that are conducting said research .
Come on over tonight if you can stand the heat .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 02:41 PM   #203
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
No I havent talked for them
Your 'no' is worth about as much as your 'no, Meldrum put the screw board there'. I can do it as long as you can, freak. Say no all you want. You said some unspecified people are the leading researchers in the country. You can't even clarify what the heck you're talking about. Let me put it in freakish:

worng

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 02:43 PM   #204
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Lock you have been invited to put your views on the table in a live arena .
It has nothing to do with me or my photo just bigfoot research with the people that are conducting said research .
Come on over tonight if you can stand the heat .
I see...so none of this has anything to do with you proving any of your claims. I didn't think so.

Exactly where is this Internet show/event?
Old 31st January 2008, 02:44 PM   #205
Texastwister
Scholar

you have no credibility Freak....you are not worth the time
Texastwister is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 02:50 PM   #206
Creekfreak
Banned

I said two leading researchers are conducting the radio show not all researchers kit youve got a problem understanding what you read .If you care to queston what they are doing feel free to ask them .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 02:50 PM   #207
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
The weird thing is that just today we saw an example of how real researchers go about discovering and documenting a previously unknown species.

Well of course they found that thing. It's not invisible, doesn't like venison, and probably can't fart worth a damn.

Last edited by Garrette; 31st January 2008 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
Garrette is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 02:57 PM   #208
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

I said two leading researchers are conducting the radio show not all researchers kit youve got a problem understanding what you read .If you care to queston what they are doing feel free to ask them .
To be fair, you said leading researchers are conducting the show (without specifying numbers), but your next post in direct response to a question about who the researchers are said that 40 or 50 of them were online last time. So it's hardly a clear cut case of misreading you and more a case of you being inconsistent in your message.
Old 31st January 2008, 02:58 PM   #209
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

I said two leading researchers are conducting the radio show not all researchers kit youve got a problem understanding what you read .
worng

Try reading what you wrote. Slowly. Carefully. The only problem is you being semi-illiterate.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 03:03 PM   #210
Creekfreak
Banned

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...d=10072&cmd=tc is this link clear enough for you ?
Old 31st January 2008, 03:11 PM   #211
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...d=10072&cmd=tc is this link clear enough for you ?
How silly of me not to have read your mind and known you were talking about the MABRC show (vs countless others that abound on the Internet).

If I'm around, I'll be happy to join in...if not, oh well. But just to make ya happy I'll let DK know I stopped by.

As I recall, you are not a active member on MABRC?
Old 31st January 2008, 03:15 PM   #212
Creekfreak
Banned

Correct I am not a member of the mabrc .
Old 31st January 2008, 03:22 PM   #213
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Correct I am not a member of the mabrc .
Odd that a researcher of your obvious stature is not; you should consider joining?
Old 31st January 2008, 03:22 PM   #214
Creekfreak
Banned

There are two that conduct the show but everyone is welcome even me .
It is research nothing personal or disrespetfull to other researchers ideas .
It is sponserd by the mabrc the mid america bigfoot research center .
It has a call in or you can coment in a chat room live dureing the show .
I think I made it pretty clear who was sponcering the show
Old 31st January 2008, 03:24 PM   #215
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

I think I made it pretty clear who was sponcering the show
Actually most of what you write is just above gibberish; you did however mention the show was on the MABRC. Your lack of capitalization (in terms of names) threw me off.
Old 31st January 2008, 03:25 PM   #216
Creekfreak
Banned

I might consider joining when I have the time .
Old 31st January 2008, 03:26 PM   #217
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

jnugle
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 03:27 PM   #218
Creekfreak
Banned

Read the fine print a place to talk about bigfoot research
Old 31st January 2008, 03:41 PM   #219
PetersCreek

Yes, I can see how posting baseless claims, puerile self-aggrandizement, and nearly incomprehensible gibberish can consume quite a bit of a "researcher's" valuable time.

Last edited by PetersCreek; 31st January 2008 at 03:41 PM.
PetersCreek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 03:53 PM   #220
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
jnugle
That's certainly my reaction at times as well.
Old 31st January 2008, 04:07 PM   #221
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Well with the wealth of obviously credible, usefully information and samples....I'm surprised they are not beating down your doors offering support, wanting to be part of it all.
Old 31st January 2008, 04:14 PM   #222
Creekfreak
Banned

Yea its a rough life Brett but somebodys got to man up enough to do it .
You should check out the show its allways very intresting and imformative the guys do a great job keeping it intresting .
Old 31st January 2008, 04:16 PM   #223
Creekfreak
Banned

I feel the same way lock I cant figure out why no one has jumped on the hair samples .
Old 31st January 2008, 04:21 PM   #224
PetersCreek

I feel the same way lock I cant figure out why no one has jumped on the hair samples .

Hooooooooo boy. Language-, reality-, and irony-impaired.

Trifecta!
PetersCreek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 04:22 PM   #225
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Somehow I kinda figured that; odd, seems painfully obvious to the rest of us.
Old 31st January 2008, 04:54 PM   #226
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post

Hear, hear.

All this talk of shooting or trapping a BF is SO 19th century. (note the discovery of the Platypus for example.

Either that or American natural science researchers must all be hillbillies, "jack"-lighting out of the back of their pickups. Really CF. You've already boasted of the photo gear you have. It rivals that which has been deployed to find the Ivory-billed Woodpecker.
(BTW WHEN are you going to share the scanned photo? It's been 3 weeks since you gave the film/print to your "researcher" friend)

There is absolutely NO reason that photo, video scat or hair samples aren't adequate to establish whether there is good reason to further research the existence of an animal (IBWP being a point in case (except that IT actually existed)).

And since CF he has at least 3 of the 4 for BF and a the US Wildlife and Fisheries Dept are offering a $10,000 reward ...for information that leads a biologist from The Nature Conservancy or the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission to an ivory-billed woodpecker nest, roost cavity or feeding site in Arkansas.

and that

..biologists will follow up only on those reports substantiated with an original photograph or sound recording of an ivory-billed woodpecker, or other evidence... the biologists consider substantive.

Why are you bothering with this forum? Send 'em your photo and collect for dog's sake. The post the link to their news release on this great scientific breakthrough.

Ah, just read the last four words of the conditions on evidence.
"evidence... the biologists consider substantive"

Answered my own question.
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 04:55 PM   #227
Creekfreak
Banned

Yea bett they broke the mold when they made me anit ya glad they did !
Old 31st January 2008, 05:01 PM   #228
Creekfreak
Banned

I am waiting to see them too they are in Thunderfoots hands and if you knew Thunder foot you would knew he does not rush anything ..
Hes 7 foot tall so its not a good idea not to pressure him about anything but I will call him tomarrow about it I want to know too .
Old 31st January 2008, 05:01 PM   #229
EHocking
Philosopher

Yea bett they broke the mold when they made me anit ya glad they did !
Evasion noted.

Where's the IBWP photo? It's worth US$10,000. Why are you bothering to boast here, when you can collect cold, hard cash and accolades as a scientific "researcher" (one of your other unsubstantiated boasts)?
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 05:10 PM   #230
Creekfreak
Banned

This is the first Ive heard of any money being offered .
That just makes it more exciting for me I could use 10 grand about now .
Old 31st January 2008, 05:19 PM   #231
EHocking
Philosopher

Liar.
You were informed of this at the start of the month when you first boasted of these photos and said you'd chase it up :
[quote]
Funny you brought up saleing the woodpecker pic to fund my bigfoot research that is just what I talked to a freind about last night .
Thanks for the advice I will take it .

Last edited by EHocking; 31st January 2008 at 05:21 PM.
Old 31st January 2008, 05:19 PM   #232
Creekfreak
Banned

If your saying a 3 mp capture veiw cam is as good as anything they have then they will never find it and get a good picture of it
That is not the camara that will do the job you need a super telephoto lens to get the good shots .
Ive got the 118mm lens I just need the cam to hook to it then sure Ill run wild after it but untell then why even try if you cant record it .
Old 31st January 2008, 05:23 PM   #233
Creekfreak
Banned

saleing it and knowing they where offering money is two different things .I did not know at that time they where offering money does this make me out to be a lier ?
Old 31st January 2008, 05:23 PM   #234
EHocking
Philosopher

If your saying a 3 mp capture veiw cam is as good as anything they have then they will never find it and get a good picture of it
That is not the camara that will do the job you need a super telephoto lens to get the good shots .
Ive got the 118mm lens I just need the cam to hook to it then sure Ill run wild after it but untell then why even try if you cant record it .
I'm saying you lied just now when you said you were not aware of the reward offer.

As with all your other claims, I'm hiring a JCB to work down a mine in Siberia each time I read one of your posts...
Old 31st January 2008, 05:33 PM   #235
Creekfreak
Banned

What are you looking for in that mine ?
Old 31st January 2008, 05:34 PM   #236
EHocking
Philosopher

saleing it and knowing they where offering money is two different things .I did not know at that time they where offering money does this make me out to be a lier ?
Read YOUR POST that I quoted (link and all). You acknowledged on the 5th Jan :

Quote:
5th Jan
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0&postcount=34
"10 k that is worth looking into where did you see that ?"
Ravenwood then responded:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1&postcount=36
The Nature Conservancy – a private, non-profit conservation organization – and the Arkansas Game
and Fish Commission are offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads a Conservancy or
Game and Fish biologist to an Ivory-billed Woodpecker nest, roost cavity, or feeding site in
Arkansas.
To collect the reward, you must be the first individual to lead a
biologist to the Ivory-billed Woodpecker site, and the biologist must be able to take a good quality
photo or video of a living Ivory-billed Woodpecker.
Locknar reminded you:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...6&postcount=38
Try reading Creekfreak; I posted the $10K link in post #54. I also gave you the link for the group from Auburn University that is studying the IBW.
You responded to this information in post 47 (on the same day) of that thread.

So yes. This makes you a lier. (ETA, the spelling is supposed to be ironic)

ETA: I retract the word liar. I was incenced by your lack of integrity on the subject, and especially your recollection of your own posts. So I retract the liar epithet only because I don't want this thread to degenerate into a ad hom slanging match that requires the moderators to step in.

Last edited by EHocking; 31st January 2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: apology
Old 31st January 2008, 05:35 PM   #237
EHocking
Philosopher

What are you looking for in that mine ?
salt

Is that deliberate or innocent obtuseness?
Old 31st January 2008, 05:36 PM   #238
GT/CS
Illuminator

I am waiting to see them too they are in Thunderfoots hands and if you knew Thunder foot you would knew he does not rush anything ..
Hes 7 foot tall so its not a good idea not to pressure him about anything but I will call him tomarrow about it I want to know too .
Creek, will you please use the quote button when you reply to people? I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out who you are replying to.

Thanks
Old 31st January 2008, 05:41 PM   #239
Creekfreak
Banned

It must have sliped my mind that just shows how much they mean to me compared to bigfoot .
Salt for what ?
Old 31st January 2008, 05:44 PM   #240
EHocking
Philosopher

It must have sliped my mind that just shows how much they mean to me compared to bigfoot .
Uh, huh. Like you don't need $10K.
Quote:
Salt for what ?
The size of a pinch required to take your word for anything posted on woodpeckers etc

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal