ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , creekfreak

Old 31st January 2008, 05:54 PM   #241
PetersCreek

Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
If your saying a 3 mp capture veiw cam is as good as anything they have then they will never find it and get a good picture of it
That is not the camara that will do the job you need a super telephoto lens to get the good shots .
Ive got the 118mm lens I just need the cam to hook to it then sure Ill run wild after it but untell then why even try if you cant record it .

Oh, for mercy's sake. You do realize, don't you, that the resolution (MP) of the camera is different than the focal length of the lens?

Your CaptureView binoculars have a power of 8x, don't they? That's roughly equivalent in focal length to a 400mm telephoto lens mounted on a conventional 35mm camera. A 118mm lens would be a little over 2x power on the same camera. Hardly the "super telephoto" that you claim is needed. How wild are you gonna go with that?

At maximum resolution, the CaptureView image size is 2274 x 1704 (3.2MP), right? Such an image file will easily print to 5x7 at 300dpi. Sure, 3.2MP doesn't leave a lot of room for cropping but if you get "right under him" as you claimed to do in another thread, you should have no problem getting the money shot.

Quit making excuses and work with what you've got until you get what you want.
PetersCreek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 07:24 PM   #242
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

This is the first Ive heard of any money being offered .
That just makes it more exciting for me I could use 10 grand about now .
That is a lie; I (and others) told you about this.
Old 31st January 2008, 10:34 PM   #243
Creekfreak
Banned

Brett you need to be able to focus on something like a bird a wide angle picture just doesent show the detail that is needed .
I am after a close up shot that there would be no dispute over the capture veiw just wont get the shot needed Ive tryed and tryed with other birds .
Its no good at close range ill send it to you if you would like to check it out for yourself .
I need a cam I can focus on the subject thats not an ezcuse just a fact of the beast .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2008, 11:51 PM   #244
Ravenwood
Muse

Here are some examples of pictures taken with the same model of digital camera/binoculars that you have. It would seem to be more than adequate to produce the photographic evidence needed.
http://www.meade.com/captureview/closeups/pelican.html
http://www.meade.com/captureview/closeups/patio.html
http://www.meade.com/captureview/closeups/bridge.html
http://www.meade.com/captureview/closeups/tiger.html
I will choose a path that's clear-
I will choose Free Will.
-Rush, "Free Will"
Ravenwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 12:51 AM   #245
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

I am waiting to see them too they are in Thunderfoots hands and if you knew Thunder foot you would knew he does not rush anything ..
Hes 7 foot tall so its not a good idea not to pressure him about anything but I will call him tomarrow about it I want to know too .
Have you checked his closet for a hairy suit?
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 01:11 AM   #246
PetersCreek

Brett you need to be able to focus on something like a bird a wide angle picture just doesent show the detail that is needed .
I am after a close up shot that there would be no dispute over the capture veiw just wont get the shot needed Ive tryed and tryed with other birds .
Its no good at close range ill send it to you if you would like to check it out for yourself .
I need a cam I can focus on the subject thats not an ezcuse just a fact of the beast .

Perhaps you've forgotten that I'm a photographer. Trying to explain to me what is required for wildlife photography really isn't the least bit necessary. Given the utter nonsense you've previously spouted on the subject, I think you'd be well advised to actually listen to someone with more experience than you...be it me or one of the many other well-qualified people on this forum.

According the the Simmons website, your binoculars have a power of 8x and a 7° field of view...most definitely not wide angle. The binoculars themselves will focus as close as 16 feet while the camera has a variable focus of 30 feet to infinity. So it would appear you can make satisfactory photos at least as close as 10 yards. Blaming your equipment is just more excuse making.

The thing is...and I'm repeating myself here...the 118mm lens you propose to use won't do nearly so well. If you mount it on a 35mm body the equivalent power will work out to roughly 2.4x. Do the math. Which is more powerful...8x or 2.4x? Hint: bigger numbers mean more power.

As I said before, the 118mm lens is not a "super telephoto" lens. Focal lengths of 80-100mm (short-to-mid telephoto) are commonly used for portraiture...not long range wildlife photography. To beat the reach of your binoculars, you'll have to go longer than 400mm. Long lenses like that require a tripod or other solid support and even then, it will also require sound photographic technique to avoid image blur due to camera shake. So far, you have not demonstrated an aptitude for things photographic, so I'm not optimistic that you'll pick that skill up any time soon.

But look at the bright side. A big lens like that would provide you yet another nearly endless source of excuses.
PetersCreek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 06:24 AM   #247
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Excuses

This from the person who claimed to be to busy with silly "BF" research to worry about birds such as the IBW (how is that pic comming along?)

Excuses
Old 1st February 2008, 06:43 AM   #248
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Lock, can you imagine if you actually had bigfoots, freaking bigfoots, habitually approaching your property? They dig your meat. They dig your trash. They stop by for beans, even! I don't know about you but I think I would have been on the news the world over by now.

I'm just having one of those moments where I can stand back and feel the stupid all over.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 06:47 AM   #249
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
Perhaps you've forgotten that I'm a photographer. <snip>The thing is...and I'm repeating myself here...the 118mm lens you propose to use won't do nearly so well. If you mount it on a 35mm body the equivalent power will work out to roughly 2.4x. Do the math. Which is more powerful...8x or 2.4x? Hint: bigger numbers mean more power.

As I said before, the 118mm lens is not a "super telephoto" lens.<snip>
PetersCreek - just a little correction here. CF has misled you when he said he had a 118mm lens.

He has a 118mm Spotting Scope.

Quote:
[Moderated]bigfoot is real I have the proof
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=1528
Raven ive got an 118mm scope that will be video capable that puts this to shame .
Quote:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=440
As for equipment I have a 118 mm spoting scope its the bigest on the market magnifacation is 30- 90 x objective 118 mm field angle 1.8-1.2 field of veiw at 1000 yards is 96-63 ft brightness 17.6-1.96 . this one is for distance I also have a 50mm for short distances and of course you know what kind of field glasses I have you googled for men ! I have a pentex 35 mm film camara and a night vision monoculer with video out so I can moniter it from the lower cabin or on the tower from 2 small 12 volt moniters...
His continued denying that he doesn't have adequate equipment to get a decent BF or IBWP photo just does not hold water.

CF - you had adequate opportunity in your subsequent replies to PetersCreek to correct your misleading statement about the lens.
Obfuscation again? Or will you put it down to poor recollection? Again.
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 06:57 AM   #250
kitakaze

freak will never admit his... discrepancies, shall we say? The fun comes in watching him try to navigate them.

kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 07:00 AM   #251
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Lock, can you imagine if you actually had bigfoots, freaking bigfoots, habitually approaching your property? They dig your meat. They dig your trash. They stop by for beans, even! I don't know about you but I think I would have been on the news the world over by now.
If only he had a camera that worked/focused...if only!

I'm just having one of those moments where I can stand back and feel the stupid all over.
In my best Scotty from "Star Trek" impression: Aye....

Last edited by Locknar; 1st February 2008 at 07:09 AM.
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 07:21 AM   #252
trvlr2
Muse

Originally Posted by Locknar View Post
I think if you replace the 81mm mortars with say cans of beans, and the gun for say a sling-shot you'd be on to something; maybe somehow work his boat w/haproon into the equation.

I can't think of much more terrifying then Creekfreak digging pits, lining them with spikes, and then lobbing mortar rounds and blasting away. I just keep getting this "Rambo, BF Hunter" image in my head.

Makes me glad I live far, far away.

*ETA: I picture the "Rambo" role as portrayed by the late Larry Linville in his Major Frank Burns character.
Thank You, Locknar!....Now, I gotta wipe off the monitor..
Old 1st February 2008, 07:42 AM   #253
Correa Neto
Philosopher

You mean, like Mary Green?

Hey, what about joint venture between Mary and creek?
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…

Last edited by Correa Neto; 1st February 2008 at 07:42 AM.
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 08:35 AM   #254
Creekfreak
Banned

i never claimed not to have some equipment I am just lacking a good camara to hook to the scope .
Yes bret it will require a heavy duty tri pod and yes I know about camara movement I am not stupid ive read up on digiscopeing before I bought the bigest scope on the market .
The system I have in mind will be run through a lap top the subjects will be focused in on the lap top screen I will be able to film and take stills at the same time . No I am not stupid even the program I will be useing will insure no tampering can be made to the photo with out it being known about . .
the next pictures I bring in will not need enhanceing they will be the best ever made of this creature ..I am talking about close ups of its eyes at 100 yards . Put it this way I can spot a bullet hole in a board at 250 yards thats good you dont need to be an expert to know that .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 08:42 AM   #255
GT/CS
Illuminator

And doesn't Creek have neighbors? Don't the neighbors hear any bigfoot screams, or get their coolers raided, or their beans eaten, or their cherry pies taken from the window sills?

Who would have thought that an infestation of bigfeet could be so annoying. Sounds like an awful place to live.
Old 1st February 2008, 09:02 AM   #256
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

i never claimed not to have some equipment I am just lacking a good camara to hook to the scope .
You've said that "BF" stands in your yard and roars...enters your home; you need a scope for this?

The system I have in mind will be run through a lap top the subjects will be focused in on the lap top screen I will be able to film and take stills at the same time . No I am not stupid even the program I will be useing will insure no tampering can be made to the photo with out it being known about . .
Same comment above applies. That aside, what is the name of the program you'll be using?

the next pictures I bring in will not need enhanceing they will be the best ever made of this creature ..I am talking about close ups of its eyes at 100 yards . Put it this way I can spot a bullet hole in a board at 250 yards thats good you dont need to be an expert to know that .
Well, a picture of just the eyes? What exactly would this do to support your claims?

Just more blather, excuses, and false claims.

It seems, with "BF" being so prevalent around your house, you could almost just throw a rock and hit one. Why not just set up a cooler with venison, a table with a few cans of beans & some cooked bacon in your yard....and snap that high quality photo?

Let the excuses being.....

Last edited by Locknar; 1st February 2008 at 09:16 AM.
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 09:27 AM   #257
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
And doesn't Creek have neighbors? Don't the neighbors hear any bigfoot screams, or get their coolers raided, or their beans eaten, or their cherry pies taken from the window sills?

Who would have thought that an infestation of bigfeet could be so annoying. Sounds like an awful place to live.
Creek has already said that his neighbors do see Bigfoot just as he does. But he added that they don't even try to inform "the outside world" of this because nobody will believe them. The same Bigfoot is messing with his neighbors (according to him).
Old 1st February 2008, 09:40 AM   #258
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Creek has already said that his neighbors do see Bigfoot just as he does. But he added that they don't even try to inform "the outside world" of this because nobody will believe them. The same Bigfoot is messing with his neighbors (according to him).
According to Creekfreak's latest "Captains log" (ie. his myspace blog), a neighbor did see the same "BF" that roared standing in his (Creekfreak's) yard.

However, Creekfreak was told this through a friend...seems the neighbor didn't want to talk about.

I'd think, overall, with such a localized "BF" infestation the local authorities would take action...people's property, well being are in jeopardy (according to Creekfreak's claims that is); where is the local news coverage? Why arne't the Police, or National Guard, taking a more proactive role in protecting citizens?

This is where you start making yet more excuses Creekfreak....
Old 1st February 2008, 09:41 AM   #259
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post

They probably think it's just Creekfeet.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 09:43 AM   #260
Creekfreak
Banned

If you think its as easy as walking out your front door and snaping a picture its not .
They do not just stand in my front yard and roar they are allways in the cover of the brush .
They are very hard to spot even with a scope if you dont know what you are looking for .
And the fact they are all not the same color makes it more dificult to reconize them not excuses just the facts .
This is the most elusive creature on earth it takes a lot of effort and time to learn about them.
If you think you can do better bring your ass down here and show the world how good you are .
You have no idea what so ever what your talking about when it comes to this creature and yes I can prove that to you but you you just dont have what its takes in the guts department .
Old 1st February 2008, 09:50 AM   #261
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

If you think its as easy as walking out your front door and snaping a picture its not .
They do not just stand in my front yard and roar they are allways in the cover of the brush .
They are very hard to spot even with a scope if you dont know what you are looking for .
Excuses

And the fact they are all not the same color makes it more dificult to reconize them not excuses just the facts .
I'd agree...it is dfficult, dare I say impossible, to take pictures of something that does not exist.

This is the most elusive creature on earth it takes a lot of effort and time to learn about them.
Things that do not exists are often quite elusive....

If you think you can do better bring your ass down here and show the world how good you are .
Naw...you are doing an excellent job in proving "BF" does not exist. But if it will make you feel better, I can take some pictures that don't show "BF" from my deck tonight/tomorrow and post them.

You have no idea what so ever what your talking about when it comes to this creature and yes I can prove that to you but you you just dont have what its takes in the guts department .
I've said many times - prove me wrong. Odd all you can muster is blather, rants, false claims, lies, etc.

For that matter, you don't find it odd that "BF" researchers are not flocking to your area, your website? Perhaps I should post this question on MABRC tonight and see the response I get...since you are not a member there.

Last edited by Locknar; 1st February 2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 1st February 2008, 09:53 AM   #262
kitakaze

freak, you claim to have multiple bigfoots entering your property. Why do you keep making excuses about baiting or habituating them?

Old 1st February 2008, 09:55 AM   #263
Creekfreak
Banned

Lock that last sighting was 15 miles from here it was not of the one in my yard the other night .
Yes I do have neighbors that have seen them and they do talk about them there have been many sightings in this area .
I might add there is a lady just down the road from here that did call the cops but they tryed to tell her it was a bear it really pissed her off they where trying to make her think it was something it wasent .
You can ask her yourself she will tell you right off the bat dont try and tell her what she saw was a bear becouse it wasent it was a bigfoot there is no dout about it .
On another note last year some people moved from this area becouse they where so scared after seeing one .
I tryed to calm them down but they would hear nothing of it they said your crazzy for staying here ..Come on down light foot and see for your self or are going to be a gutless wonder all your life
Old 1st February 2008, 09:57 AM   #264
Creekfreak
Banned

the bfro thought enough about it to come out here 4 times or do they not count .
Old 1st February 2008, 10:01 AM   #265
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

<snip>
I might add there is a lady just down the road from here that did call the cops but they tryed to tell her it was a bear it really pissed her off they where trying to make her think it was something it wasent .
That is because if she saw anything, it probably was a bear.

You can ask her yourself she will tell you right off the bat dont try and tell her what she saw was a bear becouse it wasent it was a bigfoot there is no dout about it .
"no dout [sic] about it"? Alert the media! You of course have proof, so I'm eager to see the news tonight as the media reports this breaking news.

On another note last year some people moved from this area becouse they where so scared after seeing one .
Yeah....right.

I tryed to calm them down but they would hear nothing of it they said your crazzy for staying here ..Come on down light foot and see for your self or are going to be a gutless wonder all your life
Now that is just sad. Yet more excuses, blather, rants, etc.

Again I ask, why do I (or anyone) need to "come on down"? You are doing a stellar job in showing the world that "BF" does not exist - keep it up.

the bfro thought enough about it to come out here 4 times or do they not count .
Excellent! I'll make sure to mention that to the MABRC folks...I'm sure that will make them eager to investigate for themselves.

Last edited by Locknar; 1st February 2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: minor corrections
Old 1st February 2008, 10:04 AM   #266
kitakaze

1) Let me guess. Four times, no bigfoots?

2) freak is trying to gain credibilty by name dropping the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization.

Old 1st February 2008, 10:05 AM   #267
Creekfreak
Banned

Face it your a coward .
Old 1st February 2008, 10:07 AM   #268
Creekfreak
Banned

no just telling you who has been here .Lock ill even pay for your bus ticket come on down coward
Old 1st February 2008, 10:08 AM   #269
kitakaze

Lock that last sighting was 15 miles from here it was not of the one in my yard the other night .
Yes I do have neighbors that have seen them and they do talk about them there have been many sightings in this area .
Freak, why are the authorities and news agencies not interested in the 8ft man-monsters in your neighbourhood?

Can you produce one other person from your neighbourhood that will back your claims?

Old 1st February 2008, 10:08 AM   #270
Creekfreak
Banned

Why dont you contact the FWC and ask them about the stacks of reports they have ?
Old 1st February 2008, 10:10 AM   #271
Creekfreak
Banned

and yes they said on the news they had stacks of reports of the creatures they did not lie about it they just dont know what to do about it .
Old 1st February 2008, 10:10 AM   #272
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

[edited]
no just telling you who has been here .Lock ill even pay for your bus ticket come on down [edited]
Insults do nothing to advance or otherwise prove your false claims.

Really more to the point, when are you going to set about proving me wrong? Any particular date, I wanna make sure I'm around to see it?

ETA: Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather you use that money to buy a camera that will focus, pay for DNA testing, etc. to prove me wrong.

Last edited by Locknar; 1st February 2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 1st February 2008, 10:11 AM   #273
Creekfreak
Banned

How many witneses do you want I think we are up to about 20 just in this area
Old 1st February 2008, 10:12 AM   #274
Creekfreak
Banned

Ive allready proven you worng lock now I am just makeing you out to be a fool becouse I feel like it .
Old 1st February 2008, 10:13 AM   #275
kitakaze

edited
edited
freak, I started this thread and have given you a venue to defend your claims. No one is resorting to insults to address your claims. Please delete your personal attack posts unless you want to have another of your threads moderated.

Last edited by kitakaze; 1st February 2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: spelling and quotes
Old 1st February 2008, 10:15 AM   #276
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Well now we are getting someplace!

Tell ya what...PM me the names, addresses and phone numbers (or e-mail addresses) of these folks, and I'll pass along to the local authorities (ie. Police in your area) and ask them to investigate.

I'll probably also send along to the MABRC folks as well; I'm sure they would love to talk to "20" in a single location. This is probably the hard-hitting, biting news/evidence they have been waiting for!

Last edited by Locknar; 1st February 2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 1st February 2008, 10:17 AM   #277
kitakaze

'Produce' does not equal 'mention'.

Old 1st February 2008, 10:20 AM   #278
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Ive allready proven you worng lock now I am just makeing you out to be a fool becouse I feel like it .
You did? Where? Dang it, and I missed it?

NOTE: Sadly, he probably thinks this to be a true, valid statement....
Old 1st February 2008, 10:20 AM   #279
kitakaze

and yes they said on the news they had stacks of reports of the creatures they did not lie about it they just dont know what to do about it .
freak, could you be so kind as to consult the word 'anecdote' in your dictionary. If you have dictionary, I mean.

Old 1st February 2008, 10:21 AM   #280
Creekfreak
Banned

go ahead have it moderated and ban me it makes no difference to me
Why should I waist my time trying to teach you people about something you will never beleave unless I bring in a body .

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal