ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , creekfreak

Old 1st February 2008, 12:17 PM   #321
Ravenwood
Muse

The only person ruining your reputation is yourself CF...BTW, what is that tamper proof imaging software that you are going to be using on that lap top. You have yet to answer that...
I will choose a path that's clear-
I will choose Free Will.
-Rush, "Free Will"
Ravenwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 12:21 PM   #322
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Freak, if you want to know how to use any other forum features, you let me know.

Now, I may be getting ahead of myself here but you know when you want to type the word 'wrong' as in "Hey kit that's wrong." and it comes out like this:

worng

Just remember - 'r' before 'o'. r before o, r before o.

Give it a whirl.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 12:27 PM   #323
kitakaze

Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
kit my freind and I had a face to face encounter with a small one about 12 or 13 years ago out here ,
We did not know what it was at the time but we both agreed on what we had just saw .
The thought of it being a small bigfoot never entered our minds we just called it a hobbit becouse of its hairy feet and other names but never a bigfoot .
Then when I moved up here 12 years later that is when I had my face to face with the 8 foot male going through my trash .
And after consulting with the bfro we realized the small one was most likely a young bigfoot .
as far as the sightings go I saw one 2 times in one week but then you will go a long time not even hearing anything they just show up when you least expect it .
There is not much I can do to convince you guys that I am telling the truth .
Ive tryed the best I know how but that hasent been good enough .
I am tired of fighting about it you win this time I cant sit here and keep this up it is draining me .
I wish you all the best of luck and I pray someday you get to see for yourelfs these fantastic creatures .
OK, so your trying your best to get people to believe and it's frustrating. Let me help you and see if we get things making more sense.

OK, I know about the little guy and the one in the trash. The little one was before you live where you do know. Not long after you moved to where you are now and soon after moving there you had the encounter with the one in your trash. Was this the week where you saw two? If so, what was the sighting after the trash?

kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 12:33 PM   #324
sinclairmcevoy
Philosopher

Kit after I talk to the FWC they will not need to talk to other witneses .
Have a nice life thanks for helping to ruin my reputation
If looking for followers on a Skeptic's forum is ruining your reputation, then you are looking in the wrong place. Being a reputable Bigfoot researcher WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE THAT CAN BE VERIFIED BY SOMEONE ELSE does not do a lot for your reputation. You don't need help ruining your reputation, you've got that part well under way.
After you talk to the FWC, after I get a camera, after I get a picture, after I get a head shot at one, after all that, THEN publish your findings. Or do you have time for that?
Old 1st February 2008, 12:59 PM   #325
sackett
Philosopher

Folks, if I may intrude at this late date:

Creekfreak is like other individuals we've seen here over the years. His content, his claims, his wince-inducing style, his attitude: they form the familiar outline of just another poor nutcase, nothing more.

So far he hasn't drawn a lot of mockery, and that's well. We tend to bully too much for our own good. But what can possibly be gained by trying to respond to him? Not amusement, I hope; that would be no more than baiting the village simpleton.

Let him have his make-believe bigfeet, I say, and remain silent. Classier fools will come along soon; this site draws them.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil

Last edited by sackett; 1st February 2008 at 01:00 PM.
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 01:02 PM   #326
Creekfreak
Banned

I am done folks Ive had enough I did the best I could thanks for paying attention to what I had to say .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 01:06 PM   #327
Drewbot
Philosopher

Sackett, while your suggestion is compelling, it would mean that Creekfreak would pack up and leave.

It's also been suggested before, but, it was reasoned that, if we ignored the Creek, we would be stuck with rehashing the PGF for the 652nd time.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 01:12 PM   #328
kitakaze

I am done folks Ive had enough I did the best I could thanks for paying attention to what I had to say .
I don't think you gave it your best, freak. But, if that's your perogative...

OK, bye.

Old 1st February 2008, 01:59 PM   #329
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

You're welcome, though to be honest you deserve much of the credit. Between your incoherent posts, pointless rants, baseless/false claims, lies, etc. you invite critisim...it would be rude of us not to accept.

Just more excuses for you to not follow through on ANY of your claims.

In closing, let me just say - bye bye

Last edited by Locknar; 1st February 2008 at 02:06 PM.
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 02:45 PM   #330
PetersCreek

I would say "bye" as well...only I'm not convinced of the veracity of this latest claim any more than the previous umpteen.
PetersCreek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 02:46 PM   #331
mikeyx
Banned

Originally Posted by Locknar View Post
You're welcome, though to be honest you deserve much of the credit. Between your incoherent posts, pointless rants, baseless/false claims, lies, etc. you invite critisim...it would be rude of us not to accept.

Just more excuses for you to not follow through on ANY of your claims.

In closing, let me just say - bye bye
Seconded, don't let the hit ya on the way out whacko. Its amazing you weren't banned for the extortion or the hoaxing but you were good for a chuckle. Buh bye.
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 05:03 PM   #332
EHocking
Philosopher

CF, before you next wander out looking for BF, take some of the advice that has been put forward to you, especially if you wish to be taken seriously as a researcher.

Keep a journal and take field notes.

On the day and at the time. Not post hoc.

You have demonstrated that your faculty for recollection is less that great. And I'm only referring to your recollection of the contents of your posts, let alone the veracity of your anecdotes.

I'll give you an anecdote of my own to demonstrate my point. This sprung to mind with your pathetic excuses about not being able to get a decent shot of an animal, even though you were out looking for it.
In this example we were NOT expecting see these, but I still got the shot.

In 1996 I went on a 4 week trip to East Africa. I was so overwhelmed the the number of species we were seeing each day and the fact that I was shooting 5 rolls of 36exp film a day, I kept a basic daily list so I could keep track of both and match them up after the fact.

Our 3rd week started at Hwange Nat.Park in Zimbabwe. By that stage we'd seen the Big 5 (AND 7), so when we were asked by the guide what we wanted to spot we replied, "Roan Antelope", to which he replied, "I've been here 15 years and never seen one."

Not surprising, I guess, since the http://www.iucnredlist.org/search/details.php/10167/all]IUCN Red List of threatened species[/url]
Lists the Roan Antelope as:
Red List Category & Criteria: LR/cd (Lower Risk / conservation dependent)
...the focus of a continuing taxon-specific or habitat-specific conservation programme targeted towards the taxon in question, the cessation of which would result in the taxon qualifying for one of the threatened categories above within a period of five years.
Year Assessed: 1996

Needless to say we saw three that day.
I took 4 photos.

Film was Fuji colour neg ASA400 and the frames were 23 - 26 inclusive (Processing ID tag no: 6191)

Here's the ID photo. Frame 26:

Lens: MInolta 100-300mm
Camera: Minolta 8000i.
(2nd hand bought in Nairobi 19th Sept 1996, Expo Camera Centre Ltd, Jubilee Exchange Building. Mama Ngina Street)

The day was 22nd September 1996
(note the date of the category assessment).

In addition to me seeing it (first), I have 3 other witnesses as well as the camp's guide.

All of this can be verified from my brief list.

Two of the witnesses that aren't my wife could be contacted by email to get their version of the account, one of whom also kept a diary.

Since I still have our itinerary we could probably contact Jijima Camp and find the guide's name, if the animal was actually important enough.

All the above, including the scanning, took less than an hour.

Just a short example of how taking very basic notes AT THE TIME can be used to flesh out FACTUAL details of the sighting.

So, in one hour I was able to get all this background data on a sighting of an At Risk mammal I recall from 11 years ago. Nothing, except for the exact wording of the Q/A with our guide, has been invented from recall.

All facts taken from documents and negatives.

Those woodpecker photos, now.
How long have you been processing them? 22nd October last year I believe.
That's one heck of a slow scanner.
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage

Last edited by EHocking; 1st February 2008 at 05:05 PM.
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st February 2008, 07:55 PM   #333
devnull
Philosopher

That is just *pathetic*.

You come on here, make a series of wild claims, fail to back any of them up, and then somehow its our fault?

Seriously..... *pathetic*.
"Here we go again.... semantic and syntactic chicanery and sophistic sleight of tongue and pen.... the bedazzling magic of appearing to be saying something when in fact all that is happening is diverting attention from the attempts at shoving god through the trapdoor of illogic and wishful thinking." - Leumas
devnull is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:50 AM   #334
Ravenwood
Muse

I guess we'll never find out about what imaging software he has managed to find that is "tamper proof"
I will choose Free Will.
-Rush, "Free Will"
Ravenwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:09 AM   #335
amb

I arrived late to this thread, but reading thru it it reminds me of all the so-called sightings of this creature, and not one single clear non faked photo. Like the rest of ALL these and other so-called evidence of the paranormal, why is there not a scrap of evidence ever produced. Saucery is the same. Not one photo, film on the interior of a spacecraft or exterior for that matter. It should be easy nowadays, what, with every second person having a mobile phone with camera, we should have had at least one shot that would silence the skeptics by now, that we haven't says it all really.
amb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:46 AM   #336
PetersCreek

Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
I guess we'll never find out about what imaging software he has managed to find that is "tamper proof"

...and then we would have been subjected to his complaints and excuses about not being able to afford Lexar's new LockTight memory cards and access system.
PetersCreek is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:56 AM   #337
Ravenwood
Muse

Not to mention, needing gyroscopic stabilizing for the camera after realizing how much moving & shaking that lens is going to be doing on that 12'tower...
I will choose Free Will.
-Rush, "Free Will"
Old 2nd February 2008, 02:35 AM   #338
PetersCreek

I picture a buoy in my head....donnnnngggggg....donnnnngggggg....
Old 2nd February 2008, 05:51 AM   #339
Maldon
Thinker

Quote:
I arrived late to this thread, but reading thru it it reminds me of all the so-called sightings of this creature, and not one single clear non faked photo. Like the rest of ALL these and other so-called evidence of the paranormal, why is there not a scrap of evidence ever produced.
I've come to believe that every clear, in focus, non shaken photo ever taken of a BF shows the clear image of a bear, cougar (or another well known animal) or a moron in a monkey-suit, and are therefore either shown to be a hoax, or not presented as "evidence" of BF.

Would be cool to be proven wrong.
Maldon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:40 AM   #340
Creekfreak
Banned

The sad truth is no picture will be good enough to convince people like you my God your still argueing about some film taken over 30 years ago .
Oh and btw that film has never been proven to be faked so get over it .
The same goes for my photo you have not proven anything except that nothing will ever be good enough except a body .
Its people like you that will lead someone like me into killing one just to prove a point .
Is that what you want ?
Are you going to be so hard headed that blood will have be shed just to prove you wrong ?
Even after someone kills one will you sit there and call that person a dumb ass for not haveing the resourses to prove it any other way ?
Thats what is going to happen people someone will kill one be it me or someone else its going to happen then how will you feel ?
It will be too late then to say well we should have some how helped raise some money for equipment so one did not have to die .
If you people where as smart as you think you are then you would put your energies into helping not hampering research by not trying to make every shread of evidence out to be hoaxed .
You could make history but you wont do it by being sceptical about everything .
The fact is people are seeing this creature they have been for many years why not try to help find out more about it then denying it .
It doesent help trying to brake the sprits of the ones that are out there doing there best to find out for you .
Sure I may have gone about presenting my photo in the wrong why but that doesent mean I am a bad person or lieing about it .
They dont hand out a handbook on how to handle bigfoot photos when you buy a camara .
If they did the first page should say dont pay attention to what the scptics say becouse they will not beleave you no matter how you handle it .
Its very easy to sit in front of a computer and put down the efforts of others it takes work to go into the feild to look for evidence .
This country was built with a can do mind set not a cant do mind set that is what you have .
We would have nothing no cars no light bulbs or any other invention if those men and women that invented them payed attention to the sceptics .
Edison said of his 1000s of attenpts at the light bulb I was never wrong I just found out what did not work .
The same goes for bigfoot research we are not wrong we just havent found out what works yet .
Well maybe I have but why should I tell you ?
I know how hard headed you sceptics can be my best freind is the worst of all he would put you all to shame .
My point is Ive proven him wrong so many times its just stagering how many times he is worng about things even simple things .
For example I use a lot of aluminum for building things I know how to handle it .
He comes over one day when I was in the middle of a project I had just made 20 cuts with a hack saw mind you .
So I am geting ready to make a cut and he says your not going to be able to cut through that no way you need a torch .
I looked at him and said just how the hell do you think I just cut all this it dident matter that the cuts where siting right in front of him he still dident beleave I cut them with a hack saw .
I couldent beleave he could be so hard headed so I asked him would you care to make a bet I cant cut through this with a hack saw ?
I know a sucker bet when I see one !
He was so stupid he bet me I had my douts at the time myself becouse that blade was about gone and I knew it might not make it one more cut .
First of all that blade had made hundreds of cuts before this project .
Your going to say no way so I will tell you I know a way of sharpening a hack saw so I can make it last a long time when your poor you figure stuff like this out .
I dident want him to see how I did it but I had to show him to be able to make the cut he knew he was had when he saw me sharpening it that was something he did not figure into it .
Anyway I made the cut and that blade made many more after that becouse I made it happen .
The same goes for you it will never happen unless you make it happen siting there puting others down will not get it .
The bad part is that some of you are pretty smart but there will come a time when others will not pay attention to anything you say becouse you have been so worng in the past .
You thought I was gone dident you not yet I still have one lung left boys !
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:16 PM   #341
Olowkow
Philosopher

I actually have to admire Creek for the steadfastness in his beliefs, sort of. I am also impressed by his resourcefulness with limited resources, fixing old computers etc. I picture him living in a swamp, surrounded by miles of wilderness and surviving as best he can while enjoying nature. Nothing wrong with that.

Creek, you must understand that the folks on this forum just don't believe in the existence of bigfoot, not that they would not if provided proper evidence. They are responding to your claims without proof in the same way that they would respond if you claimed that you saw a 40 foot alligator. Picture someone telling you that he has evidence of a 40 foot long alligator, but he refuses to show you. How would you react to this? You might even make fun of the guy much the same as what you are experiencing here at the hands of the forum members, since you know how big alligators can really grow to.

Let's say this guy then produces a photo purporting to be a "40 foot alligator", and you take one look and say, "Hey, this is just a log floating in the swamp. I know where that is! I saw it yesterday." But the guy persists claiming you are wrong. What would you do?

Similarly, these guys are simply frustrated that they can neither get you to see what they consider to be the truth, nor cause you to just set up a "bait" with a camera you already have, and snap a bunch of reasonable photos that show a bigfoot raiding your food stores.

I don't think anyone wants you to kill a bigfoot, but what we all want is a "credible" photo. Bear in mind, what you see is what you probably want to see, but to a "non-believer", it is just a vague form..not a creature. No one is rejecting your photo on the sheer basis of trying to be cruel. It just does not show what you claim it shows, that's all.

No one is saying that you are a bad person, or seriously accusing you of lieing. I get the sense these guys actually like you, until you start accusing them of "ruining your reputation", etc., or else they would have abandoned this thread long ago.

I suggest everyone take a deep breath, start all over, and calmly try to inform Creek just what it will take to convince each of us.
Olowkow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:44 PM   #342
kitakaze

You almost made 24 hours there, tiger!

So, first, thank you for starting to poke that enter key more and...

Quote:
My point is Ive proven him wrong
Run out the door, sing it loud, put your clothes back on! Super freak! Look at you... quoting, spacing, spelling 'wrong' correctly. Things are looking up.

Now then, freak, let's not forget - ix-nay on the oto-phay. Fair?

Moving on, I know it's frustrating when people don't believe you so let's try and take things one step at a time and get an idea of what you say is going on there, OK?

This is where we left off. Just hit the quote button on my post and remember... r before o, r before o.
Quote:
OK, I know about the little guy and the one in the trash. The little one was before you live where you do know. Not long after you moved to where you are now and soon after moving there you had the encounter with the one in your trash. Was this the week where you saw two? If so, what was the sighting after the trash?

Old 2nd February 2008, 01:02 PM   #343
Creekfreak
Banned

I just had another face to face encounter at about 40 yards It lasted a good 5 min.
He stared at me and I stared at him the whole time .
I could not see much detail but I saw his face and color well enough to be able to tell what it was .
He had a white face monkey in apperence with black hair covering his body not very thick in the chest area and stood about 5 feet tall on 2 legs bent at the knees .
He showed no experession change in his face just one expression the whole time he was very still .
Except to very slowly look to his side a few times maybe to warn others I could not see .
This just happened within the last half hour No photos I dident have my cam with me .
By the time I got back with it he was out of sight there was no use trying to track him I would not have got close again becouse of the dence brush .
No excuses folks just the facts sorry but thats the way it goes researchers call it the bigfoot curse .
This makes 3 sightings within 100 yards of my trailer I do beleave that calls for a bottle of run this was just what I needed to get focused again .
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:06 PM   #344
Normal Dude
Space Shuttle Door Gunner

OK, I think we need to just leave Creek alone. Posts like his last tell me he is just desperately looking for attention.

And I dont care if your name is Norm or Jack, Or Dick. I dont see why you have to post your name everytime you make a comment./ its IRRELIVANT -Rwalsh
Normal Dude is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:09 PM   #345
kitakaze

So, that would make four encounters, yes? Going with the idea that you're not lying and may have actually seen what you claim, how can you reasonably rule out a prank? Also, was it day or night? 40 yards, 5 ft, no expression change, couldn't see much detail. Kids messing with you?

Last edited by kitakaze; 2nd February 2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:11 PM   #346
Creekfreak
Banned

No desperately looking for bigfoot dude you can go with me or you can stay under the porch with the little dogs .

Last edited by Creekfreak; 2nd February 2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:13 PM   #347
Creekfreak
Banned

How would a kid know I would be in that area at that time no this was an animal no dout flesh and blood clearly visable and showed no super powers .
This just happened kit no more then a half hour ago .

Last edited by Creekfreak; 2nd February 2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:18 PM   #348
kitakaze

Originally Posted by Normal Dude View Post
OK, I think we need to just leave Creek alone. Posts like his last tell me he is just desperately looking for attention.
Look, Normal, living in a trailer down by the river - what kind of coversation do you think these sasquatches offer? You should ask freak. I mean, from what he tells us they talk but not so hot.

freak from the trailer: "Marco!"

sasquatch from the bushes "mmmrrrrrgooo..."

freak: "Idiot."

Old 2nd February 2008, 01:21 PM   #349
kitakaze

How would a kid know I would be in that area at that time no this was an animal no dout flesh and blood clearly visable and showed no super powers .
This just happened kit no more then a half hour ago .
Freak, I'm in Tokyo. I don't know what time it is in Florida. You're at your trailer. It's completely possible for people in your neighbourhood to know about your bigfoot activities.

ETA: Also, if it happened 30 minutes ago, go right now and set out some beans, bacon, venison, or whatever and get ready with your camera.

Last edited by kitakaze; 2nd February 2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:23 PM   #350
Creekfreak
Banned

No that makes 3 face to face encounters damm I am good !! Not really every sighting Ive had has just been been lucky to be in the right place at the right time .
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:24 PM   #351
halofish2000
Thinker

I have studied biology all my life. Wanted to be the next Merlin Perkins and Jim Fowler(whom I've met) Still remember the phone number for Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom from the 70's. This purported creature has been talked about for longer than I can quote. There is even a website that chronicles tales of BF being shot. So, I won't be the first to say we need a specimen. Live would be preferred. If someone would be so stupid to be out in the woods dressed like one...well. Would not matter if the thing is 5 ft or 9 ft. I know I could ping one from 100 yards...and would not even have to leave the porch.
halofish2000 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:29 PM   #352
halofish2000
Thinker

Freak, round up some friends(with good rifles) and have them come over to watch some B-ball, drink some beers, and do some target practice. The weather is nice today. Just a slight chill in the air. Good day for the BF to take a stroll.
halofish2000 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:31 PM   #353
kitakaze

No that makes 3 face to face encounters damm I am good !! Not really every sighting Ive had has just been been lucky to be in the right place at the right time .
Hold the phone...
kit my freind and I had a face to face encounter with a small one about 12 or 13 years ago out here ,

...Then when I moved up here 12 years later that is when I had my face to face with the 8 foot male going through my trash .

...as far as the sightings go I saw one 2 times in one week
I just had another face to face encounter at about 40 yards It lasted a good 5 min.
Looks like you are claiming at least 4 sightings. Can you clear the up? And go put the beans outside already. You're telling us you have a sasquatch outside your home right now.

Last edited by kitakaze; 2nd February 2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:32 PM   #354
Creekfreak
Banned

This was not a person in a suit I dont think anyone in this area could make something like this hollywood maybe not not anyone around here .
Other then that none would have been able to get away as it did without me hearing them no man is that good in the woods .
a man or kid would have had to make a lot of noise in that brush to be able to get away as fast as it did I would have heard them . a navy seal could not do it no kid could ether
It dident take me long to go get my cam I was only about 20 yards from it I would have heard a mans movement in that brush
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:36 PM   #355
Creekfreak
Banned

Kit this makes 7 all together not counting the photo I dident see that one when I took the photo .
I did see it but I did not think it was a bigfoot at the time just a stump.
To make it clear Ive had 3 face to face encounters the others where just sightings .

Last edited by Creekfreak; 2nd February 2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 2nd February 2008, 02:07 PM   #356
Ravenwood
Muse

There you go again, CF. You can purchase some pretty good appliances & makeup FX online these day, heck, you can get damn near movie FX stuff starting at around 45$ for a good "planet of the apes" type chimp mask...You saw this critter at 40 yards in dense brush, by your own words, "you could not see much detail" yet you seemed to get a pretty good description? Seems contradictory, added with the fact that the brush was so thick that you feel that you would have heard movement (or seen it), but did not...repeat after me "the plural of anecdote is not data..." If you want people to take you seriously, CF, you have to produce solid evidence, not campfire stories...
Olowkow asked us to explain what it would take for us to take you seriously, so in that regard I will step up & say 1st, a detailed step by step instruction on the process used to "enhance" the blues that will produce the image in your original photo. 2nd, You need to drop the "Cletus" act & understand that there is a very real chance you are mistaken. What will it take to convince you that you are mistaken. PC did a comprehensive analysis of your photo & showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that something other than what you claimed was done had been done to the photo & it pointed towards manipulation of the image to show something that was not there. You need to document the chain of custody of any hair samples you send for analysis, & heck, actually posting pictures of your supposed evidence like hair & footprints would help. BTW, where are those IBW pictures anyway? That's another example of what I mean about you having zero credibility. You said you could see it clearly, than you said that your camera can't get a clear picture, So I posted pictures taken with the exact same camera showing that it is more than capable of taking said photos quite clearly, after which you changed the subject...Behavior like that makes it look like you are being less than honest in your research.
I will choose Free Will.
-Rush, "Free Will"
Old 2nd February 2008, 02:14 PM   #357
Maldon
Thinker

Quote:
just had another face to face encounter at about 40 yards It lasted a good 5 min.
He stared at me and I stared at him the whole time .
I could not see much detail but I saw his face and color well enough to be able to tell what it was .
He had a white face monkey in apperence with black hair covering his body not very thick in the chest area and stood about 5 feet tall on 2 legs bent at the knees .
He showed no experession change in his face just one expression the whole time he was very still .
Except to very slowly look to his side a few times maybe to warn others I could not see .
This just happened within the last half hour No photos I dident have my cam with me .
I just can't believe you would come here with a story like that!

This will only add to your reputation of being mentally ill.
Why would you want that?
Are you really that lonely?
Maldon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 02:19 PM   #358
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I could not see much detail but I saw his face and color well enough to be able to tell what it was. He had a white face monkey in apperence with black hair covering his body not very thick in the chest area and stood about 5 feet tall on 2 legs bent at the knees. He showed no experession change in his face just one expression the whole time he was very still.
Like this?

Old 2nd February 2008, 02:21 PM   #359
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

The sad truth is no picture will be good enough to convince people like you my God your still argueing about some film taken over 30 years ago .
Excuses
Oh and btw that film has never been proven to be faked so get over it .
Partially true, the PG film has never been proven a fake...that is different then saying it is genuine (ie. it shows a "BF").

Alternative explanations to what the PG film shows have been successfully demonstrated, and thus discounts its (the PG film) credibility.

The same goes for my photo you have not proven anything except that nothing will ever be good enough except a body .
Excuses; that aside your pic is worthless

Its people like you that will lead someone like me into killing one just to prove a point .
Is that what you want ?
Shooting a bear (which is what you are seeing, they are common in your area) does nothing to prove your point.

Are you going to be so hard headed that blood will have be shed just to prove you wrong ?
Even after someone kills one will you sit there and call that person a dumb ass for not haveing the resourses to prove it any other way ?
Thats what is going to happen people someone will kill one be it me or someone else its going to happen then how will you feel ?
It will be too late then to say well we should have some how helped raise some money for equipment so one did not have to die .
Same comment above applies.

If you people where as smart as you think you are then you would put your energies into helping not hampering research by not trying to make every shread of evidence out to be hoaxed .
Excuses. That aside, "every shred of evidence" as it relates to "BF" thus far has been shown to be either hoaxed, or explainable via other means.

You could make history but you wont do it by being sceptical about everything .
Pointless babble

The fact is people are seeing this creature they have been for many years why not try to help find out more about it then denying it .
Amazingly wrong; the fact is people are seeing things they can not readily explain which is ofter the case. In every case, the "witness" has been shown to be less then credible, or what they claim to have seen is explainable via other means.

It doesent help trying to brake the sprits of the ones that are out there doing there best to find out for you .
If you are doing this for me, then please stop.

Sure I may have gone about presenting my photo in the wrong why but that doesent mean I am a bad person or lieing about it .
They dont hand out a handbook on how to handle bigfoot photos when you buy a camara .
If they did the first page should say dont pay attention to what the scptics say becouse they will not beleave you no matter how you handle it .
Pointless babble and excuses.

Its very easy to sit in front of a computer and put down the efforts of others it takes work to go into the feild to look for evidence .
It is equally easy to pick up a book (such as one on "Research Methods"), and learn how to do "credible scientific work".

This country was built with a can do mind set not a cant do mind set that is what you have .
Pointless babble

We would have nothing no cars no light bulbs or any other invention if those men and women that invented them payed attention to the sceptics .
Edison said of his 1000s of attenpts at the light bulb I was never wrong I just found out what did not work .
Pointless babble, not to mention galactically wrong and demonstrates your complete lack of understanding of what skeptics do as well as the "scientific method" (or science in general).

The same goes for bigfoot research we are not wrong we just havent found out what works yet .
Excuses

Well maybe I have but why should I tell you ?
Proof?

I know how hard headed you sceptics can be my best freind is the worst of all he would put you all to shame .
My point is Ive proven him wrong so many times its just stagering how many times he is worng about things even simple things .
Pointless babble

For example I use a lot of aluminum for building things I know how to handle it .<snip>
Pointless babble.

The same goes for you it will never happen unless you make it happen siting there puting others down will not get it .
Excuses

The bad part is that some of you are pretty smart but there will come a time when others will not pay attention to anything you say becouse you have been so worng in the past .
Prove me wrong, and I'll gladly admit it.

Actually, you said you were leaving; your return (while not unexpected) is just another example of how intellectually dishonest you've been.

Last edited by Locknar; 2nd February 2008 at 02:34 PM.
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2008, 02:21 PM   #360
halofish2000
Thinker

Why couldn't this have been a monkey or ape? Florida has been home to countless wildlife parks or mini zoos. I remember the 100's if not 1000's if monkeys at Silver Springs decades ago. They tried to catch them all. I am sure they didn't. The panhandle of Florida would be good habitat for them. When food gets scarce or they get bored...a trip to Freak's place. Kinda like the Geico commercial with the squirrel we see the monkeys high fiven each other every time they mess with Freak.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal