ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING!

Closed Thread
Old 26th February 2018, 08:52 PM   #321
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 9,201
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
You have actually brushed up against reality, but by accident.

Outside of use on machineguns or submachine guns, suppressors on bolt action or semi auto rifles will virtually eliminate muzzle smoke/flash unless the piece is fired to the point the can gets seriously hot - a can will heat up over ambient temperature by approximately seven degrees per round. A shooter that limits their firing to 1 round per minute can put between 15-20 rounds downrange before the effectiveness of the can and the ability to suppress sound and dissipate muzzle flash/smoke is compromised.

Use a can in full auto, it gets loud quick and they glow real pretty.
It must be a real bugger being a CT when you claim to know what you are talking about on a subject, only to run into someone who actually DOES know what they are talking about, and who then promptly trashes your claimed knowledge.

I love it!!
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 08:51 AM   #322
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 17,371
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
It's a hell of a lot more than assertion, and how many times will I need to make this note?

Earwitness accounts of gunshots are subjective and unreliable. If I can be fooled, anybody with less experience is even more likely to be fooled.
I'm unclear. AFAIK, Connolly's statements are perfectly consistent with the narrative.

1) He heard a shot. It didn't hit him.

2) He was hit by a bullet, but he didn't hear it. Not surprising, because he had just been hit by a bullet, fractions of a second before the sound would arrive.

3) He heard another shot. This was after the first two, and was not the shot of the bullet that hit him.

What's the problem? That he didn't hear the second shot? He only heard two shots. The majority of the witnesses heard three, so it's not as if the second shot wasn't made and used a silencer.

Moreover, we have an explanation for why Connolly didn't hear the second shot. A bullet ripped through his body in three places. His body was responding to that, it's not surprising his ears weren't attuned to specific noises.

Meanwhile, other people who weren't responding to the shock of being shot heard three shots fired. Connolly accounts for all three of them. Heard 2, felt 1.
__________________
"As your friend, I have to be honest with you: I don't care about you or your problems" - Gidget, Secret Life of Pets
pgwenthold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 08:52 AM   #323
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 17,371
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
It must be a real bugger being a CT when you claim to know what you are talking about on a subject, only to run into someone who actually DOES know what they are talking about, and who then promptly trashes your claimed knowledge.

I love it!!
Pablo's First Law of Internet Discussion: Regardless of the topic, assume someone participating knows more about it than you do.
__________________
"As your friend, I have to be honest with you: I don't care about you or your problems" - Gidget, Secret Life of Pets
pgwenthold is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 10:55 AM   #324
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...
 
turingtest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,752
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
BTW the only reason I'm skeptical of the ventriloquist suppressor as a good explanation for the grassy knoll loud report phenomenon is because I have a hard time discounting all the statements about smoke on the knoll, some of them happening very early on on news reports and written statements/interview summaries.
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Of course, that's what CTists do. What you should have a hard time doing is reconciling all the statements.

You have to not discount all the statements. That's how CTists maintain a sham veneer of relevance and keep the discussion going.

Shame, really.
Hell, CTists like MJ have a hard time reconciling their own statements, much less anyone else's- his post above is a good example of that. First he introduces a scenario (ventriloquist suppressors) which has no evidence to support it only because he needs it to explain what he thinks is effectively an anomaly in the ear-witness accounts which might point to conspiracy (but which is really only the kind of discrepancy to be expected from witness testimonies). But this scenario of a ventriloquist suppressor implies a conspiracy which worked to keep the real shooter's location hidden. And now MJ's skeptical of that because of "evidence" for another type of conspiracy that doesn't even make any sense, and is directly opposite to the first one- now we have a conspiracy posited which not only puts the real shooter in a location (the knoll) where he could be easily seen, but gives him a rifle emitting smoke, which makes his location even more obvious. Meantime, the "patsy" (Oswald) is in a location where he can't be so easily seen, in a building six stories up, and firing a rifle that uses smokeless powder. Uh huh...

The whole thing is an illustration of the fact that CTists aren't interested in resolving any mystery, only in creating one where none exists and then maintaining it at any cost, even when the cost is the complete loss of basic logic. They'll blithely bounce from a scenario that has no evidence to one that makes no sense, and contradicts the essence of the first, without any thought of consistency beyond what's needed to keep the CT going.
__________________
I'm tired of the bombs, tired of the bullets, tired of the crazies on TV;
I'm the aviator, a dream's a dream whatever it seems
Deep Purple- "The Aviator"

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King

Last edited by turingtest; 27th February 2018 at 10:57 AM. Reason: grammar
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 11:07 AM   #325
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,574
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
The ventriloquist suppressor is possible, but your assertion is that there is no direct evidence for it.
Nobody has to disprove your assertions, you need to prove them. Let's see how you try to do that. You cite the Governor as suggesting that, but only by selecting from the record incompletely and falsely.


Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
What about Connally's repeated statements?

A. Connally said the shot that struck him occurred very shortly after first loud report he heard.
Never said that. In fact the Governor said the opposite.

To the Warren Commission:
Governor CONNALLY. It was a very brief span of time; oh, I would have to say a matter of seconds. I don't know, 10, 12 seconds (reminder: he thought there were THREE shots, that works out to five or six seconds between shots).

To the HSCA:
Mr. CONNALLY. Congressman, you know, I think it is impossible for me to say with precision, but obviously a very short period of time, a matter of seconds, because it was, you know, I think undoubtedly a fairly fluid movement. I heard the shot, I reacted by looking, I saw nothing, and I was in the process of turning when I felt the impact. I guess 6, 8, or 10 seconds, in that range, but I certainly couldn't be more precise than that, but it wasn't long. (Reminder: That works out to three to five seconds between shots).
Mr. DODD. Could it have been a second? What you are telling me it is more like 2, 3, 4 seconds. It wasn't something that happened almost instantaneously?
Mr. CONNALLY. No, it was not. It could not have been 1 second.


So much for your "shortly" argument. I've asked you to cite for that previously. You never did. Here you resurrect the claim but you have never cited for it.


Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
B. Connally said that he did not hear the shot that struck him.
Agreed. He put that as the second shot. He said the first one did not strike him. He attributed that to the fact that he was struck with a bullet that went through his body, causing five wounds. He didn't attribute that to a suppressed weapon. Once again, we see you disagreeing with the very witness you cite as your supposed evidence for your claim.


Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
C. Connally said that he heard two loud shots, the second one is apparently describing the z313 shot.
Agreed, of the three shots, the second he heard was the one that hit JFK in the head. Note you're citing a guy who didn't say there were two shots to the head to support your claim there were two shots to the head, one from a suppressed weapon.


Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
D. Connally said the single bullet theory could not be true unless the first loud shot missed.
Missed him, yes. And he never wavered from that claim.


Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
E. Going to the dozens of other witnesses who gave a thorough description of the shooting, there is very little to zero indication that
Of what? That the first shot missed? How would most witnesses know? Many were dozens of yards from the limo thoroughout the shooting sequence, and did have a view INTO the limo. Since all of the Governor's wounds were near or below the side of the limo, they could only judge the wounding by the reactions. Nobody can see a bullet that travels faster than sound. The Z-film couldn't record it. They can only judge the results after they see the reactions. In addition, nobody was expecting a shooting, and some witnesses heard no shots whatsoever.


Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
F. I have not found any evidence for any loud report before Z190-224. Maybe Connally's quick head turn at z160 is something, but that can be discounted if it doesn't match the rest of the evidence.
What "rest of the evidence"? You have none.


Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I know about the phrase "you never hear the one that hits you", but show me any early statement by Connally describing what happened and try to fit it into a scenario without any loud shot before ~z190-224.
Begging the question. This is you trying to shift the burden of proof once more. You're now asking us to cite the evidence for YOUR theory.

Sigh. Conspiracy theorists can't operate without logical fallacies.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 27th February 2018 at 11:13 AM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 11:17 AM   #326
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,574
Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
I'm unclear. AFAIK, Connolly's statements are perfectly consistent with the narrative.

1) He heard a shot. It didn't hit him.

2) He was hit by a bullet, but he didn't hear it. Not surprising, because he had just been hit by a bullet, fractions of a second before the sound would arrive.

3) He heard another shot. This was after the first two, and was not the shot of the bullet that hit him.

What's the problem? That he didn't hear the second shot? He only heard two shots. The majority of the witnesses heard three, so it's not as if the second shot wasn't made and used a silencer.

Moreover, we have an explanation for why Connolly didn't hear the second shot. A bullet ripped through his body in three places. His body was responding to that, it's not surprising his ears weren't attuned to specific noises.

Meanwhile, other people who weren't responding to the shock of being shot heard three shots fired. Connolly accounts for all three of them. Heard 2, felt 1.
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 11:32 AM   #327
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,574
Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
Some of those "better conditions" objections are pretty specious anyway. For example-

The oak tree was out of the way by, what, Z210? If you want to duplicate LHO's timing and accuracy, then it makes no sense to impose an obstacle on the re-enactors that Oswald didn't have by the time he began his shooting (or at least by the time the first effect of any shot can be seen).

Taking these two together (a little out of order, but the same idea applies to both)- I'll admit, I'm no rifleman, but it seems to me that these "better conditions" are actually worse ones. As a very crude analogy, shooting a fish in a barrel is harder if you make the angle shallower, shooting more across than down. As for the "stationary target" thing- because Oswald was shooting at that steeper angle at a target moving downward and away in effectively a straight line, his target was, in fact, relatively stationary in respect to him- his own movement was minimized. But shooting at actually stationary targets, at different distances at a shallower angle, means that that the rifleman- the re-enactor- had to move to compensate for the target not doing so. And remember, these re-enactors, unlike Oswald, weren't familiar with the action of the bolt of the trigger- from here:

To sum up- re-enactors having to move themselves and a rifle they were unfamiliar with to simulate the movement of a target is not a "better condition" than Oswald firing a rifle he'd practiced with at a target that was in a position throughout which minimized his own movements.

Next "better condition"-

They could have been ten feet square for all the difference this makes- if the issue is accuracy, then the placing of the hits is what matters, not how big the surrounding area is.


This whole "shims" issue is a red herring- from what I can understand, they were placed because the rifle, as received by the labs, was difficult to test in that condition. But (from here, near the bottom of the page):

(My bold)
So the "shims" issue is framed as a "better condition" only on the assumption that the rifle as received, and needing correction for testing, was the same as the way Oswald used it.

Finally-

Gotta love this one. Not only does it assume that the "pressure of killing a President" would have been a significant obstacle to Oswald in achieving what was, after all, his aim- the idea seems to be that the only equitable condition for the re-enactors to duplicate the accuracy and timing required to kill a President would have been for them to kill another one. I can just hear that conversation with LBJ-

"Mr. President, would you mind awfully going back down to Dallas for a bit and riding down Elm St. in that limo?...Well, sir, we need to re-enact as exactly as possible the conditions of the assassination, which requires our enactors to fire at a President in the car...Well, yes sir- live fire, actual bullets and all that...What's that, Mr. President? Suck your what?"
Absolutely. And it should be pointed out that this is not the first time MicahJava has cited the same opinion of the same conspiracy theorist. Nor is it the first time we saw those arguments dismantled.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=364

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2721

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2778


It's just him doing his standard fringe reset once more.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 27th February 2018 at 11:45 AM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 03:49 PM   #328
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,218
Here's part two of the interview with Secret Service Agent Mike Howard:

http://www.pressargus.com/news/20180...tion---part-ii

There is some interesting details in here, like being assigned to protect Marina Oswald, and his mother, and brother by LBJ after the assassination.

He makes this allegation:

Quote:
Part of what they reviewed was Oswald’s notebook. Howard said it contained statements that Oswald would kill FBI agent James Hosty, John Connelly, Gen. Edwin Walker and vice president Nixon.
Followed by this ditty:

Quote:
Do you have any reservations about the Commission’s findings, I asked? “Oh no. They tried their best with what information they had. They failed to put one thing in there that was a dead ringer and that was what was in his notebook, where someone had torn out the page where he said he was going to kill these people. Someone tore that page out between the time it left our hands and when it got to the Warren Commission. It (the notebook) went through the FBI, which is who we turned it over to.“
I can't speak to the truth of the matter, but this is how you do history; one piece at a time weighed with the larger body of evidence.

There is another story from The Daily Star, a UK publication, dated Feb, 22, 2018, about new technology that - allegedly - can pull finger prints from bullets.

I can't post a link because the source is NSFW due to tons of links to female nudity. So hunt it down with caution.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 05:10 PM   #329
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,574
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Here's part two of the interview with Secret Service Agent Mike Howard:

http://www.pressargus.com/news/20180...tion---part-ii

There is some interesting details in here, like being assigned to protect Marina Oswald, and his mother, and brother by LBJ after the assassination.

He makes this allegation:

Quote:
Part of what they reviewed was Oswald’s notebook. Howard said it contained statements that Oswald would kill FBI agent James Hosty, John Connelly, Gen. Edwin Walker and vice president Nixon.
Followed by this ditty:

Quote:
Do you have any reservations about the Commission’s findings, I asked? “Oh no. They tried their best with what information they had. They failed to put one thing in there that was a dead ringer and that was what was in his notebook, where someone had torn out the page where he said he was going to kill these people. Someone tore that page out between the time it left our hands and when it got to the Warren Commission. It (the notebook) went through the FBI, which is who we turned it over to.
I can't speak to the truth of the matter, but this is how you do history; one piece at a time weighed with the larger body of evidence.

There is another story from The Daily Star, a UK publication, dated Feb, 22, 2018, about new technology that - allegedly - can pull finger prints from bullets.

I can't post a link because the source is NSFW due to tons of links to female nudity. So hunt it down with caution.
Oh, my.

It's certainly a much better story Howard's way. But it's not close to the truth.

That's what 54 years of recollection, hearsay, and rumor does to a story. Plus, I guess, the urge to tell a good story, with the premise that nobody can verify it at this late date.

FBI Agent James Hosty had interviewed Ruth Paine in his attempt to track down where Lee Oswald was living. Hosty was informed Oswald had been living at the Paines, but only Marina and her child were living there.

Oswald had left only a phone number where he could be reached, but forgot to mention that he was living at 1026 North Beckley under an alias.

Hosty left his card with his contact number on it, asking Ruth to call him if she found out where Oswald was living, and Ruth Paine passed it to Oswald. Marina was instructed to write down the license plate if Hosty visited again, and she did the next time Hosty came by. All that information eventually found its way to Oswald's little address book.

The FBI transcribed & translated Oswald's address book (a lot was in Russian) and sent the transcription to the Warren Commission, but omitted the page with Hosty's information in it. Their excuse was the origin of that information and how it got into Oswald's phone book was known, and hence, there was no need for the Warren Commission to investigate that.

When they found out about it, the Warren Commission was rightly suspicious of that as detailed in the notes of one executive meeting: https://www.history-matters.com/arch...0224_0004a.htm

This was at a time when the rumor was circulated (started by newsman Alonzo Hudkins in his urge to get a 'scoop') that Oswald was an informant for the FBI. There is no evidence to support that claim. None. But the Warren Commission didn't know that at the time.

The FBI eventually turned over the entire phone book to the Commission and it became a Commission Exhibit. CE18, in fact. No page was torn out.

Here's the page of Oswald's address book with Hosty's name. None of the BS about killing anyone, nothing about Connally, Nixon, Walker, or anyone else (scroll to the bottom of the page):

https://www.history-matters.com/arch...ol16_0044b.htm

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 27th February 2018 at 05:23 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 27th February 2018, 07:54 PM   #330
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,500
Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
I'm unclear. AFAIK, Connolly's statements are perfectly consistent with the narrative.

1) He heard a shot. It didn't hit him.

2) He was hit by a bullet, but he didn't hear it. Not surprising, because he had just been hit by a bullet, fractions of a second before the sound would arrive.

3) He heard another shot. This was after the first two, and was not the shot of the bullet that hit him.

What's the problem? That he didn't hear the second shot? He only heard two shots. The majority of the witnesses heard three, so it's not as if the second shot wasn't made and used a silencer.

Moreover, we have an explanation for why Connolly didn't hear the second shot. A bullet ripped through his body in three places. His body was responding to that, it's not surprising his ears weren't attuned to specific noises.

Meanwhile, other people who weren't responding to the shock of being shot heard three shots fired. Connolly accounts for all three of them. Heard 2, felt 1.
I was attempting not to discount Connolly, but to explain for the FSM only knows how many times that using contradictions in earwitness accounts as "evidence" is inherently unreliable. Connolly is an exception because the extent of his involvement as a shooting victim makes his account credible.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 12:03 PM   #331
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,849
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
Nobody has to disprove your assertions, you need to prove them. Let's see how you try to do that. You cite the Governor as suggesting that, but only by selecting from the record incompletely and falsely.


Never said that. In fact the Governor said the opposite.

To the Warren Commission:
Governor CONNALLY. It was a very brief span of time; oh, I would have to say a matter of seconds. I don't know, 10, 12 seconds (reminder: he thought there were THREE shots, that works out to five or six seconds between shots).
Hank, that is very, very nasty of you. Here is the full quote from John Connally in context:

Mr. SPECTER. Governor Connally, I hand you a photograph, marked Commission Exhibit 699, which is an overhead shot of Dealey Plaza depicting the intersection of Houston and Elm, and ask you if you would take a look at that photograph and mark for us, if you would, with one of the red pencils at your right, the position of the President's automobile as nearly as you can where it was at the time the shooting first started.

Governor CONNALLY. I would say it would be about where this truck is here. It looks like a truck. I would say about in that neighborhood.

Mr. SPECTER. Would you place your initials, Governor, by the mark that you made there?

Governor, you have described hearing a first shot and a third shot. Did you hear a second shot?

Governor CONNALLY. No; I did not.

Mr. SPECTER. What is your best estimate as to the timespan between the first shot which you heard and the shot which you heretofore characterized as the third shot?

Governor CONNALLY. It was a very brief span of time; oh, I would have to say a matter of seconds. I don't know, 10, 12 seconds. It was extremely rapid, so much so that again I thought that whoever was firing must be firing with an automatic rifle because of the rapidity of the shots; a very short period of time.


I don't know why I even try with you. You know what, I would laugh so hard if you tried to pull the "I made an honest mistake and conspiracy theorists always think mistakes are malicious" routine right now. I would laugh so hard.

Also, here is Commission Exhibit 699, from the same paragraph you quoted from, where Connally placed the first loud shot occurring with the limousine in the z190-224 area, circled below.



Please fix your first major mistake before we can talk about your others.

Last edited by MicahJava; 28th February 2018 at 12:06 PM.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 12:27 PM   #332
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,595
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Hank, that is very, very nasty of you. Here is the full quote from John Connally in context:

Mr. SPECTER. Governor Connally, I hand you a photograph, marked Commission Exhibit 699, which is an overhead shot of Dealey Plaza depicting the intersection of Houston and Elm, and ask you if you would take a look at that photograph and mark for us, if you would, with one of the red pencils at your right, the position of the President's automobile as nearly as you can where it was at the time the shooting first started.

Governor CONNALLY. I would say it would be about where this truck is here. It looks like a truck. I would say about in that neighborhood.

Mr. SPECTER. Would you place your initials, Governor, by the mark that you made there?

Governor, you have described hearing a first shot and a third shot. Did you hear a second shot?

Governor CONNALLY. No; I did not.

Mr. SPECTER. What is your best estimate as to the timespan between the first shot which you heard and the shot which you heretofore characterized as the third shot?

Governor CONNALLY. It was a very brief span of time; oh, I would have to say a matter of seconds. I don't know, 10, 12 seconds. It was extremely rapid, so much so that again I thought that whoever was firing must be firing with an automatic rifle because of the rapidity of the shots; a very short period of time.


I don't know why I even try with you. You know what, I would laugh so hard if you tried to pull the "I made an honest mistake and conspiracy theorists always think mistakes are malicious" routine right now. I would laugh so hard.

Also, here is Commission Exhibit 699, from the same paragraph you quoted from, where Connally placed the first loud shot occurring with the limousine in the z190-224 area, circled below.

https://i.imgur.com/AKBIEl1.png

Please fix your first major mistake before we can talk about your others.
Erm... You do realise this fits precisely with the quote Hank posted?

He posted an estimate of 6, 8, or ten seconds between two shots.
You post a different quote suggesting 10 to 12 seconds for all three shots.

Given both are just his subjective estimates, and accounting for variation, all we can conclude is that he thought there was a longer gap between the first and second shot, than the second and third.

None of which helps your vague innuendos of conspiracy.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 12:40 PM   #333
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,849
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
Erm... You do realise this fits precisely with the quote Hank posted?

He posted an estimate of 6, 8, or ten seconds between two shots.
You post a different quote suggesting 10 to 12 seconds for all three shots.

Given both are just his subjective estimates, and accounting for variation, all we can conclude is that he thought there was a longer gap between the first and second shot, than the second and third.

None of which helps your vague innuendos of conspiracy.
Connally always said that he was struck only a brief moment after the first loud shot he heard. A few moments after that, the final loud "third" shot (around the time of z313). Hank took Connally's description of the space between the time he was struck and the final loud shot he heard and quoted it as if he was describing the time between the first loud shot and the unheard shot that struck him.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 12:51 PM   #334
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,595
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Connally always said that he was struck only a brief moment after the first loud shot he heard. A few moments after that, the final loud "third" shot (around the time of z313). Hank took Connally's description of the space between the time he was struck and the final loud shot he heard and quoted it as if he was describing the time between the first loud shot and the unheard shot that struck him.
We know exactly what was said. Your attempt to skew context doesn't work.

Hank stated the time (for all three shots) was 10 to 12 seconds.
He applied FURTHER context with the HSCA exchange.

Once again you are using a subjective word like "slightly" and trying to make it fit the version of events you want to believe.

You have no interest of actually reading what was said, and considering if Connally said what you claim, or if he *always* said that.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 01:09 PM   #335
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,218
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Hank, that is very, very nasty of you. Here is the full quote from John Connally in context:
This is hilarious...watch as MJ shoots himself in the foot...again...


Quote:
Governor, you have described hearing a first shot and a third shot. Did you hear a second shot?

Governor CONNALLY. No; I did not.
He didn't hear the second shot because it struck him and JFK.


Quote:
Mr. SPECTER. What is your best estimate as to the timespan between the first shot which you heard and the shot which you heretofore characterized as the third shot?

Governor CONNALLY. It was a very brief span of time; oh, I would have to say a matter of seconds. I don't know, 10, 12 seconds. It was extremely rapid, so much so that again I thought that whoever was firing must be firing with an automatic rifle because of the rapidity of the shots; a very short period of time.[/color]
We all know that 10-12 seconds was plenty of time for Oswald to make his shots, so what MJ just did was confirm the Warren Commission's findings while trying to argue against them.

Classic.

Quote:
I don't know why I even try with you.
We're asking the same question.

Quote:
Please fix your first major mistake before we can talk about your others.
Another classic, comedy gold.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 01:21 PM   #336
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,849
I think you have bad reading comprehension.

Last edited by MicahJava; 28th February 2018 at 01:25 PM.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 02:02 PM   #337
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 29,268
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I think you have bad reading comprehension.
So you're still unable to comprehend questions and answer them?

Sad, really.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 02:09 PM   #338
bknight
Muse
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 916
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I think you have bad reading comprehension.
I think you have logical decision making abilities, posted from all your logical fallacies. As Axxman300 and Tomtomkent have posted your version of the proceedings and Hank's are nearly identical and fall inline with the actual events.

Given the timespan that JBC looked the image, any of the vehicles could have marked where they were. Memories fade as time passes, get this through your CT mind.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 02:33 PM   #339
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 9,201
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
Erm... You do realise this fits precisely with the quote Hank posted?

He posted an estimate of 6, 8, or ten seconds between two shots.
You post a different quote suggesting 10 to 12 seconds for all three shots.

Given both are just his subjective estimates, and accounting for variation, all we can conclude is that he thought there was a longer gap between the first and second shot, than the second and third.

None of which helps your vague innuendos of conspiracy.
Not to mention that people hugely under and over estimate very short periods of time. I've heard people claim that things took several seconds, when in fact they took less that a second. For example for anyone who knows about American Football, back in 1994 there was a QB called Kordell Stewart (Colorado) who threw a 79 yard (in the air) "Hail Mary" 64 yd TD pass against Michigan. When you ask people who have previously seen the video, how long the pass was in the air, most people answer in the 7 to 10 second region. The actual pass was in the air less less than 3 seconds.

However, there is another simple reason why 12 seconds is simply out of the question. The Presidential Limo was travelling at 12 mph (established fact). That is 17.6 feet per second. If there was a 12 second gap between the first and second shots (no matter where those shots came from) the Limo would have travelled 12 x 17.6 = 211 feet. This would put it near the entrance to the triple underpass, and just about inside two seconds (35 ft) later for the kill shot.
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 03:17 PM   #340
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,849
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Not to mention that people hugely under and over estimate very short periods of time. I've heard people claim that things took several seconds, when in fact they took less that a second. For example for anyone who knows about American Football, back in 1994 there was a QB called Kordell Stewart (Colorado) who threw a 79 yard (in the air) "Hail Mary" 64 yd TD pass against Michigan. When you ask people who have previously seen the video, how long the pass was in the air, most people answer in the 7 to 10 second region. The actual pass was in the air less less than 3 seconds.

However, there is another simple reason why 12 seconds is simply out of the question. The Presidential Limo was travelling at 12 mph (established fact). That is 17.6 feet per second. If there was a 12 second gap between the first and second shots (no matter where those shots came from) the Limo would have travelled 12 x 17.6 = 211 feet. This would put it near the entrance to the triple underpass, and just about inside two seconds (35 ft) later for the kill shot.
Not to mention that ignoring Connally's statements can't undue them.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 03:31 PM   #341
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,595
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Not to mention that ignoring Connally's statements can't undue them.
When you talked about the context of the comments, did you take into consideration that he was under the stress of being shot at, and indeed of being shot?

How accurate is his ability to judge times? I would assume his abilities are in the human range. Humans are not, unless actively counting, very good at guessing times.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 03:32 PM   #342
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 29,268
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Not to mention that ignoring Connally's statements can't undue them.
So you aren't going to ignore any statements whatsoever?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 03:45 PM   #343
Wolrab
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,372
Quote:
Quote:
Mr. SPECTER. What is your best estimate as to the timespan between the first shot which you heard and the shot which you heretofore characterized as the third shot?

Governor CONNALLY. It was a very brief span of time; oh, I would have to say a matter of seconds. I don't know, 10, 12 seconds. It was extremely rapid, so much so that again I thought that whoever was firing must be firing with an automatic rifle because of the rapidity of the shots; a very short period of time.[/color]
Automatic weapon firing with 12 seconds between shots?
__________________
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 03:51 PM   #344
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,574
Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
Automatic weapon firing with 12 FIVE TO SIX seconds between shots?
FTFY.

Connally was obviously confused. MicahJava ignores all that and pretends anything Connally said was gospel (but only when it agrees with his theory).

Connally said 10-12 seconds for the entire shooting span, of which he said there were three shots. That means roughly five to six seconds between shots, as the clock starts with the first shot.

And as I pointed out to an earlier poster, there is almost exactly five seconds between the shot that wounded JFK & Connally (the so-called 'magic bullet') and the shot that struck JFK in the head (Zapruder frames 223 & 313). Since Zapruder's camera exposed film at 18.3 frames per second, that's 90 / 18.3 or 4.9 seconds between shots. 4.9 seconds before 223 is frame 133, perhaps too early for the first shot, but nowhere in the area MicahJava likes to pretend the first shot occurred (Z190-224). Z223 is when the second shot occurred, as we can see both men start to react to a wounding at that time.

So Micah Java has to pretend Connally got the roughly five seconds between shots two & three almost exactly right, but missed wildly on the total time by allocating about 10-12 seconds for all three shots.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 28th February 2018 at 04:04 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 04:11 PM   #345
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,574
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Hank, that is very, very nasty of you. Here is the full quote from John Connally in context:

Mr. SPECTER. What is your best estimate as to the timespan between the first shot which you heard and the shot which you heretofore characterized as the third shot?

Governor CONNALLY. It was a very brief span of time; oh, I would have to say a matter of seconds. I don't know, 10, 12 seconds. [reminder, Connally thought there were three shots, and he felt quite certain of that - Hank]. It was extremely rapid, so much so that again I thought that whoever was firing must be firing with an automatic rifle because of the rapidity of the shots; a very short period of time.


I don't know why I even try with you. You know what, I would laugh so hard if you tried to pull the "I made an honest mistake and conspiracy theorists always think mistakes are malicious" routine right now. I would laugh so hard.

Also, here is Commission Exhibit 699, from the same paragraph you quoted from, where Connally placed the first loud shot occurring with the limousine in the z190-224 area, circled below.
How'd you determine that the area where the white vehicle is represents 35 frames of the Zapruder film - specifically frames Z190 - Z224?

You won't answer of course.

You're just making that specificity up. If the spot where the white vehicle is represents 35 frames, that's the same as claiming the limo stopped for 35 frames during the early part of the shooting. Is that what you're claiming?

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 28th February 2018 at 04:12 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 04:20 PM   #346
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,574
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Not to mention that ignoring Connally's statements can't undue undo them.
Tell us why Connally estimated 10-12 seconds for three shots, if the first one was in the range of Z190 - Z224, as you claim.

That's as little as 4.9 to 6.8 seconds for all the shots. Was Connally a good witness despite estimating 10-12 seconds?

And if there were additional shots from other weapons as you're trying to allege, where's the evidence for the other weapons and the other ammo?

Not one witness saw a weapon anywhere but the Depository's upper floors. Not one fragment, shell, or bullet was recovered from anywhere in Dealey Plaza that points to another shooter. Not one wound inflicted on either victim points back to anywhere but the Depository.

Ignoring my points won't undo them either.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 28th February 2018 at 04:22 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 05:04 PM   #347
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 9,201
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Not to mention that ignoring Connally's statements can't undue them.
I just finished telling you that people make mistakes in the judgement of timing. You reply by saying that Connally's statement cannot be dismissed as errors in judgement. This is known as ignorance.

Physics and maths trump human estimates.

There is NO ERROR in the mathematics
There is NO ERROR in the physics
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 05:25 PM   #348
bknight
Muse
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 916
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Not to mention that ignoring Connally's statements can't undue them.
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I just finished telling you that people make mistakes in the judgement of timing. You reply by saying that Connally's statement cannot be dismissed as errors in judgement. This is known as willful ignorance.

Physics and maths trump human estimates.

There is NO ERROR in the mathematics
There is NO ERROR in the physics
FTFY.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 06:26 PM   #349
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,218
Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
Automatic weapon firing with 12 seconds between shots?
Technically any US Marine is an automatic weapon...just ask one....

*runs and hides*

__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 06:30 PM   #350
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,218
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
When you talked about the context of the comments, did you take into consideration that he was under the stress of being shot at, and indeed of being shot?

How accurate is his ability to judge times? I would assume his abilities are in the human range. Humans are not, unless actively counting, very good at guessing times.
He hears the first shot.

The second just hits him before the sound gets there, and by then he's gasping for air and going into shock (that kinda thing happens when a bullet enters your body), plus his wife is screaming, Jackie's screaming, JFK was probably making some kind of awful sound before his head went boom, so the only reliable thing the governor can tell us is that he was shot.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 06:35 PM   #351
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,218
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Not to mention that ignoring Connally's statements can't undue them.
They do not matter.

He never saw a shooter.

In the big picture Connally is at best a background witness, and is certainly not key to the investigation.

All that matters is that we know only two bullets struck the car, and that those bullets were fired by the same rifle from the same place, and those bullets (6.5x52mm) were exclusive to the Carcano rifle. These facts are unassailable and have not changed since 11/22/1963.

And that's the funny thing with facts, unlike CT-allegations the facts don't change.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 06:38 PM   #352
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,500
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I think you have bad reading comprehension.
I believe if the question is comprehension, you'd not be in the running for any awards.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 11:38 PM   #353
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,500
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Connally always said that he was struck only a brief moment after the first loud shot he heard. A few moments after that, the final loud "third" shot (around the time of z313). Hank took Connally's description of the space between the time he was struck and the final loud shot he heard and quoted it as if he was describing the time between the first loud shot and the unheard shot that struck him.
Here's another thing I know first hand but wished I didn't

Getting shot under any circumstances is guaranteed to cause confusion and a temporary loss of memory.

State Governors are not exempt from the physical effects.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 12:21 AM   #354
smartcooky
Philosopher
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 9,201
Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Here's another thing I know first hand but wished I didn't

Getting shot under any circumstances is guaranteed to cause confusion and a temporary loss of memory.

State Governors are not exempt from the physical effects.
Now I have not been shot... but I have been shot at (UNIIMOG 1989)

The absolute LAST thing I was thinking about was counting the seconds between gunshots.
__________________
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 06:22 AM   #355
bknight
Muse
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 916
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Now I have not been shot... but I have been shot at (UNIIMOG 1989)

The absolute LAST thing I was thinking about was counting the seconds between gunshots.
I have been shot at also, and I agree with you on that comment. I suspect JBC was just "filling" in numbers that have been published for years. Other than the "short interval" which is a relative evaluation.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 06:59 AM   #356
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,849
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
I have been shot at also, and I agree with you on that comment. I suspect JBC was just "filling" in numbers that have been published for years. Other than the "short interval" which is a relative evaluation.
Yeah, he concocted a lie while he was being interviewed on the hospital bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP04_lGjkO0

Hilarious.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 07:13 AM   #357
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 29,268
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Yeah, he concocted a lie while he was being interviewed on the hospital bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP04_lGjkO0

Hilarious.
Why do you accuse him of lying?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 07:14 AM   #358
Wolrab
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,372
You don't find it odd that he thought the shooter was using an automatic weapon with several seconds between shots?
__________________
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 07:43 AM   #359
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,595
Why do so many Conspiracy Theories rely so heavily on not understanding the fundamentals of human nature?

Look at the language in this thread:

People can never be honestly mistaken, or reach a wrong conclusions. They must be lying, or delusional.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 07:48 AM   #360
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 29,268
Originally Posted by Tomtomkent View Post
People can never be honestly mistaken, or reach a wrong conclusions. They must be lying, or delusional.
To be fair, they are relying on personal experience of the CTist echo chamber and projecting that onto others. It isn't like they get out of the basement to interact with real people.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:39 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.