ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 17th March 2018, 12:54 PM   #281
baron
Philosopher
 
baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,307
Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
Oh okay then.

I just love how obvious it is that you really don't object to them being gang-banged by 50 year olds as much as it's about them being gang-banged by 50 year old Pakistanis. Your prejudice and xenophobia is really telling.
The phraseology I used explicitly states that I make no distinction between Pakistanis and non-Pakistanis in this case. If you think otherwise then take this as a free English lesson. The reason I specified Pakistanis in the first place is that despite Pakistanis being only 1.8% of the population, they comprise 84% of the grooming gang members.*

* Actually 84% 'South Asian' with the rider, "The majority of these offenders are of Pakistani origin with Muslim heritage." Other sources routinely confirm the figure to be 2/3rds or over.

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
Right. White teenage British girl + pakis = Muslamic rape gang. Got it. Case closed.
Yes, you got it. The fact it offends your apologist values does not change the facts.

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
Exactly. It's not about protecting children and youth from sexual abuse, it's about protecting children and youth (or at least white British ones) from being sexually abused by swarthy Muslims.
Here we go. Never go full apologist, not least because it leaves me nothing to argue against. You condemn yourself further with every sentence.

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
Please do explain how the police would be able to suspect that someone is being abused physically, emotionally, sexually or otherwise without the victim, or someone close to them, reporting it?
So now we've slipped a 'someone close to them' in there. Well, perhaps if the police actually, you know, saw it happening? In your eagerness to extol the virtues of young teenage girls being gang-banged by groups of Pakistanis double their age you skipped over the accounts in your very own link that would answer this question for you.

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
You can't prosecute anyone without at the very least having a criminal investigation beforehand.
And how do you begin criminal investigations in your county when a police officer asking a question is, according to you, a breach of privacy that cannot be tolerated. Working well in Malmo, is it?

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
Merely being in a intimate relationship with "pakis" isn't, and certainly shouldn't, be considered indications of abuse which would warrant opening an criminal investigation.
'Merely'. What is this 'merely'? Is it being molested in a car park at midnight by four men? Is it a 14 year old being held captive in a house full of adult Pakistanis? Oh I forgot, you're banging on about the straw man that has me suggesting that any woman walking down the street accompanied by a male of darker skin colour needs rescuing by the police. Try to come up with something more original or just admit you haven't got an argument.

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
I'll take this as an admission that you aren't interested in the least to discuss this subject with an open mind and a view towards coming up with actual credible solutions.

Pathetic.
I've already heard your solution: Let it carry on. What I'm now doing is exposing your slimy viewpoint just in case anybody was in any doubt.
__________________
"I am a liar as well as a dwarf!"

Last edited by baron; 17th March 2018 at 12:55 PM.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2018, 12:59 PM   #282
baron
Philosopher
 
baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,307
Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
I'm not going to say that they should never ask any questions about young peoples sex lives, including those that are adults, especially if they are considered a regular at youth health clinics.
No, you already said it

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
In a "civilised society" we have this thing called privacy. If you are deemed old enough to have your own sex life without law enforcement and social services intervening then you are entitled to the privacy associated with such a sex life.
__________________
"I am a liar as well as a dwarf!"
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2018, 05:22 PM   #283
Stout
Illuminator
 
Stout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,353
Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post

Well apparently it's not about swarthy people, rather it's about about "pakis" that you are obsessed about. Again you haven't bothered to come up with any solution whatsoever. Not a single one.
Now that's just plain weird.

Nobody, save one person, has used the ethnic slur "paki" in this thread and it just happens to be the person going on about racism and xenophobia. Link

Why is this word being presented as if someone else used it ?
Stout is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2018, 06:25 PM   #284
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,180
A teenage girl travelling late at night in a car full of older men, all of a different generation and a different race to her. Not seemingly family, not the most likely friends. I wouldn't call a police officer racist for being at least suspicious about that.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2018, 08:06 PM   #285
Arcade22
Illuminator
 
Arcade22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,715
Originally Posted by Stout View Post
Now that's just plain weird.

Nobody, save one person, has used the ethnic slur "paki" in this thread and it just happens to be the person going on about racism and xenophobia. Link

Why is this word being presented as if someone else used it ?
I'm just trying to poke fun at the kind of racist banter that British yobs engage in.

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
A teenage girl travelling late at night in a car full of older men, all of a different generation and a different race to her. Not seemingly family, not the most likely friends. I wouldn't call a police officer racist for being at least suspicious about that.
Neither would i considering the quite extreme situation you painted. Same thing if such a group were to check in at a hotel together. In fact I'd be suspicious myself even if they all had the same kind of racial appearance.

I don't know about British or English law, but at least in Sweden the police are allowed to intervene in such situations:

Quote:
If someone who is likely to be under eighteen years is found under conditions that obviously imply imminent and serious risk to his or her health or development, he or she may be taken care of by a police to be promptly handed over to his or her parents or to another custodian or social welfare committee.

When assessing the risk of the health or development of the young person, consideration should be given to the possibility that the young person may be subjected to crime, involved in criminal activities or be injured by any other socially degrading behavior.
Of course if you pull over a bunch of cars at a sobriety check point it's more than possible that they didn't even notice that they were there in the first place.
__________________
Freedom you all want, you want freedom. Why then do you haggle over a more or less? Freedom can only be the whole of freedom; a piece of freedom is not freedom. You despair of the possibility of obtaining the whole of freedom, freedom from everything - yes, you consider it insanity even to wish this? - Well, then leave off chasing after the phantom, and spend your pains on something better than the - unattainable. - Max Stirner
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 03:06 AM   #286
Information Analyst
Philosopher
 
Information Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, UK.
Posts: 8,322
Originally Posted by baron View Post
That's right, I'm racist for suggesting that a very young white girl found in the company of a car full of adult Pakistanis in a car park at midnight warrants a question to be asked by the discovering officer. You're not fooling anyone. Racist on one hand, so be it, vs supporting child rape on the other. I'm happy with my side of the fence, how about you?
If you insist on saying that, I've got nothing more to say to you.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 03:16 AM   #287
Information Analyst
Philosopher
 
Information Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, UK.
Posts: 8,322
Originally Posted by ddt View Post
This is not the regular anti-conception pill she's talking about. She's talking about the morning-after pill, which is only meant as an emergency, last-resort, after the fact, measure. Going to the clinic a couple of times a week, week-in, week-out, to get that should certainly raise red flags.
Notwithstanding the fact she mentioned two sources, the suggestion that it would be "ignored" raises an eyebrow. At the least she'd be offered the regular pill, which could have been prescribed to her even under 16, not least because it would be far more effective than the MAP, which would also have a lot less side effects. We also only have her account that the frequency was as high as she claimed.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 03:28 AM   #288
baron
Philosopher
 
baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,307
Originally Posted by Stout View Post
Why is this word being presented as if someone else used it ?
I think we all know the answer to that.
__________________
"I am a liar as well as a dwarf!"
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 03:36 AM   #289
baron
Philosopher
 
baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,307
Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post
If you insist on saying that, I've got nothing more to say to you.
How many posts have you made in this thread? 30? 50? Every single one that expresses an opinion plays down the issue. Not one, to my knowledge, accepts the best evidence we have and condemns the culpable parties on that basis. You began in your very first post by trying to minimise the report, which you haven't read, like you haven't read any of the others, and you took it from there. When someone else posts the facts you call them racist and are surprised when they respond frankly about your own clear motivations.
__________________
"I am a liar as well as a dwarf!"
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 03:40 AM   #290
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,180
Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post


Neither would i considering the quite extreme situation you painted. Same thing if such a group were to check in at a hotel together. In fact I'd be suspicious myself even if they all had the same kind of racial appearance.





I don't know about British or English law, but at least in Sweden the police are allowed to intervene in such situations.


My point was that I understood that was a specific event which you described in post #262, and concluded that if she was 16 it was no matter for the police to ask questions about.

Last edited by Jack by the hedge; 18th March 2018 at 03:43 AM.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 07:00 AM   #291
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing
 
Nessie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,081
Originally Posted by This is The End View Post
First of all, I hope you aren't implying that all whitewashing has to be intentional... It's possible to have written something in a way that, to many people, is clearly whitewashing without realizing it. Just because that is the language you are used to.

Secondly, have you read about any of these cover-ups that have been occurring?? They are jam packed full of whitewashing.
Your original comment was phrased such that there was whitewashing going on here, in this discussion.. I was asking you about that.
__________________
Audiophile/biker/sceptic
Nessie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 07:23 AM   #292
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing
 
Nessie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,081
Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
The BBC has a feature article about this and I'd like to focus on the victims story that they included: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-43400336



Since no specific age was mentioned beyond her being gang raped at the age of 16 I'll assume that she was at least 16 years old when these incidents occurred. In the case of traffic stops i don't see why the police would ask for the identity of any passenger unless they suspect that they have committed, been a victim of or otherwise witnessed a criminal offence.

Again, in the case she was 16 years old, there's presumably nothing illegal with being in a car with adult male strangers even if they are swarthy Asians. They have yet to impose sharia law in the UK, at least for now.
There is no specific crime making that act illegal. There are plenty of indications that an illegal act is in commission.

Quote:
If she's old enough to have sex then it's obvious why they didn't ask any questions: they would presumably assume that it's consensual sex that she's engaging in and they have no business being nosy about their private sex life.

What would they ask her anyways? "Hey, if your boyfriend likes to have raw bareback sex, then have you considered the possibility of him having a vasectomy, so you won't have to take the pill?"
The training given by Police Scotland was to separate the girl from the males and ask her if she was willing to be in the car, if she had been given any drink, drugs or gifts or had pressure put on her to be in the car through threats. The crime being investigated is a possible abduction.

She would be told that she was in a similar position to young girls who were being groomed for sex and asked about that. The crime being investigated being one of a number of offences under the Sexual Offences (Scotland) Act 2009.

Quote:
Again as above. It sounds really harsh, because it is, but unless they tell others about their troubles then there's nothing that can be done about it.
Wrong. Operation Dash involved proactively identifying vulnerable young people (the starting point was children in care and children who go missing) and then arranging a joint police social work interview (called a JIT) whereby the concerns of the police and social work would be put to the young person.

That provides even the most reluctant victim the best opportunity to speak out.

Quote:
If you are old enough to have a sex life then you are (presumably) old enough to be afforded the privacy associated with it. It really shouldn't matter whether they are 16, 18, 20 or 35 years old.
There is no society or religion whereby it is OK for multiple males to have extra-marital sex with a girl.

Quote:
In other cases showcased in the article there were pretty clear examples of dereliction of duty and professional misconduct. That's not to say that police officers should be expected, let alone obligated, to be busy bodies interrogating people over their private intimate relationships and performing spot checks in the hope that they can sniff out anything suggesting improper or abusive relationships.
The police should be expected to be;

- knowledgeable about the warning signs and what is high risk behaviour which leads to sex abuse, exploitation
- be proactive and question those who are at risk to check to see if a crime has been committed or not.
__________________
Audiophile/biker/sceptic
Nessie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2018, 08:42 AM   #293
Giz
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 8,252
Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post
Notwithstanding the fact she mentioned two sources, the suggestion that it would be "ignored" raises an eyebrow. At the least she'd be offered the regular pill, which could have been prescribed to her even under 16, not least because it would be far more effective than the MAP, which would also have a lot less side effects. We also only have her account that the frequency was as high as she claimed.
Because if thereís anything these cases have told us, itís that we should be dismissive of these girls while assuming the authorities are doing their job correctly.
Giz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 04:59 AM   #294
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 83,439
Mod WarningI understand this is an emotive topic for many people but that does not mean you should breach your membership agreement to attack people you disagree with. For now I'm going to put the thread onto Moderated status until it calms down.
Posted By:Darat
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 08:13 AM   #295
Information Analyst
Philosopher
 
Information Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, UK.
Posts: 8,322
Originally Posted by Giz View Post
Because if thereís anything these cases have told us, itís that we should be dismissive of these girls while assuming the authorities are doing their job correctly.
Why would the NHS be in on any supposed cover-up?
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 03:31 PM   #296
baron
Philosopher
 
baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,307
BBC bias. No surprise there.

https://youtu.be/IuBwPKidlOk
__________________
"I am a liar as well as a dwarf!"
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2018, 03:43 AM   #297
baron
Philosopher
 
baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,307
Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post
Why would the NHS be in on any supposed cover-up?
Yeah, it's not like the NHS would cover up serious sex crimes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ort-finds.html

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...le-jeremy-hunt
__________________
"I am a liar as well as a dwarf!"
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:38 AM   #298
baron
Philosopher
 
baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,307
Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post
Why would the NHS be in on any supposed cover-up?
Seeing this thread appears to be out of moderated status, and my reply was submitted and never posted, I'll try again.

Why indeed? Because of course the NHS would never cover up such abuse!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ort-finds.html

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...spital-inquiry

Quote:
Two new reports into widespread sex abuse by the late BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) entertainer Jimmy Savile have found that victims' complaints about his activities were ignored.

The reports released on Thursday showed an extensive pattern of abuse by Savile at numerous National Health Service (NHS) hospitals where the celebrity broadcaster was given wide access to patients, even though he was known by some staff to be a sexual predator.
__________________
"I am a liar as well as a dwarf!"
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2018, 01:44 AM   #299
This is The End
 
This is The End's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,467
Did the new news week cycle bring any updates on this?
__________________
________________________
This is The End is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 09:08 PM   #300
Wildy
Adelaidean
 
Wildy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,943
I know it's The Sun but they're reporting that CPS refused to prosecute because the victim had consented. The girl in question was between 13 and 15 years old at the time.

Other news is that there are calls for an inquiry into what happened. Honestly, I expect them to find nothing that we already don't know, but maybe something new will come to light.
__________________
Wildy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2018, 01:08 AM   #301
Information Analyst
Philosopher
 
Information Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, UK.
Posts: 8,322
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
I know it's The Sun but they're reporting that CPS refused to prosecute because the victim had consented. The girl in question was between 13 and 15 years old at the time.
That'll be because under English law practical consent is recognised, even when it's not legal consent.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2018, 02:14 AM   #302
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 83,439
Mod WarningModeration switched off. As ever keep to your Membership Agreement and if you can't don't post.
Posted By:Darat
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2018, 02:56 AM   #303
baron
Philosopher
 
baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,307
Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post
That'll be because under English law practical consent is recognised, even when it's not legal consent.
That makes no sense. Do you have a source for that? The law deals with legal matters. Legal consent is all that is relevant. Practical issues may be considered in mitigation at sentencing but aren't relevant in a decision to prosecute.
__________________
"I am a liar as well as a dwarf!"
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2018, 10:23 AM   #304
Information Analyst
Philosopher
 
Information Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, UK.
Posts: 8,322
Originally Posted by baron View Post
That makes no sense. Do you have a source for that? The law deals with legal matters. Legal consent is all that is relevant.
On the contrary, it is more complicated than that. A 13-15 year old can consent to sexual intercourse, but it's still illegal. It would mean the difference, though, between a charge of rape (no consent) or one of unlawful sexual intercourse. In contrast, under 13 is always treated as rape.

Quote:
Practical issues may be considered in mitigation at sentencing but aren't relevant in a decision to prosecute.
CPS: Rape and Sexual Offences - Chapter 3: Consent

"Where the victim has consented in fact but not in law alternative offences may be appropriate. Examples include incest or unlawful sexual intercourse (in the case of a female victim) or, where consensual intercourse with a male under the age of consent, the offence of buggery."

The Sun piece says that the CPS letter states that although the girl was aged between 13 and 15:

"The defence that was put forward in this case was that she willingly met the suspect and had consensual sexual intercourse with him.

Also that at the time this took place, the suspect held a reasonable belief that she was over the age of 16.

In her statements to the police she was clear that although she may not have wanted sexual intercourse with the suspect, she agreed to do so."

I doubt there was any uncertainty about how old she actually was, but rather the 13-15 range was quoted as that's the on within unlawful sexual intercourse fallsIt may also be relevant that until 2004 there was a 12 statute of limitations on unlawful sexual intercourse - it's not possible to determine from the Sun piece when the offence actually happened.

Last edited by Information Analyst; 4th April 2018 at 10:26 AM.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2018, 01:31 AM   #305
This is The End
 
This is The End's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,467
How UK Authorities Cover Up Child Abuse by Muslim Grooming Gangs


This just about sums it all up now doesn't it:


Quote:
Öthe girls were white and the perpetrators were Asian. Men were gang-raping young girls and everybody wanted to pretend it wasn't happening. All anyone seemed concerned about was the risk of a race riot if we mentioned it

And the inconvenient truth:

Quote:
the UK is not a democracy in any meaningful sense
__________________
________________________
This is The End is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2018, 01:38 AM   #306
Information Analyst
Philosopher
 
Information Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, UK.
Posts: 8,322
Originally Posted by This is The End View Post
How UK Authorities Cover Up Child Abuse by Muslim Grooming Gangs

This just about sums it all up now doesn't it:

And the inconvenient truth:
"Sputnik (news agency)

Sputnik (Russian pronunciation: [ˈsputnʲɪk]; formerly The Voice of Russia and RIA Novosti) is a news agency, news website platform and radio broadcast service established by the Russian government-controlled news agency Rossiya Segodnya....

According to The New York Times, Sputnik engages in bias and disinformation, and has widely been described as a Russian propaganda outlet." [Wikipedia]

In other words, to be trusted about as far as one could comfortably spit out a rat.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2018, 11:22 PM   #307
This is The End
 
This is The End's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,467
Oh give me a break... Attack the data not the delivery method.

All the quotes are from Peter McLoughlin an author who has studied this topic to death. Born in 1961, Dublin, Republic of Ireland.

In other words, spitting out an interview to a rat does not magically make the information untrue.

The UK in general has been complicit with massive amounts of readily available sex with young teenagers for at least 100 years. It needs to end. It's so far from ending right now it is barely even recognized as a bad thing.
__________________
________________________
This is The End is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2018, 11:46 PM   #308
This is The End
 
This is The End's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,467
Quote:
Britainís refusal to confront the menace in an honest manner has allowed such grooming gangs to flourish with impunity for decades.
Quote:
Peter McLoughlin records that Sikh groups were aware of the phenomenon and were trying to warn everyone before anyone else. Even last year, when Labour MP Sarah Champion was fired from Jeremy Corbynís shadow cabinet for calling out the ethnicity of the rapists and alleging that there had been attempts to cover it up for far too long.

http://www.opindia.com/2018/03/musli...-confirmation/


These people do not give two ***** about political correctness. They are just using it as an excuse to allow the child sex mills to flourish.

It's a British tradition that should have ended decades ago.
__________________
________________________
This is The End is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2018, 01:55 AM   #309
Information Analyst
Philosopher
 
Information Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, UK.
Posts: 8,322
Originally Posted by This is The End View Post
The UK in general has been complicit with massive amounts of readily available sex with young teenagers for at least 100 years.
Really? How did I miss my share?!
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2018, 05:52 AM   #310
fagin
Philosopher
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 6,419
Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post
Really? How did I miss my share?!
Too poor for public school?

(Joke just in case TITE takes it seriously)
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2018, 07:22 AM   #311
Information Analyst
Philosopher
 
Information Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, UK.
Posts: 8,322
Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Too poor for public school?
Catholic school, luckily without "incident."
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2018, 07:33 AM   #312
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,180
Originally Posted by This is The End View Post
http://www.opindia.com/2018/03/musli...-confirmation/


These people do not give two ***** about political correctness. They are just using it as an excuse to allow the child sex mills to flourish.

It's a British tradition that should have ended decades ago.
Hmm. Whatever the people in officialdom who allowed this to happen deserve, I'm less than persuaded that their motives were an active desire to see children sexually abused.

You appear to have posted an article that describes the authorities inaction due to fear of appearing racist as 'support' for your claim that they were not in fact worried about that, but actually wanted to encourage the sexual abuse of teenagers.

Since any public official who did that fully deserves to be rotting in jail, is it too much to ask if you have any evidence that might support your remarkable accusation?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2018, 09:37 AM   #313
quadraginta
Becoming Beth
 
quadraginta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Vale of Humility
Posts: 22,362
Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post
Catholic school, luckily without "incident."

That explains it.

The nuns and priests don't like to share.
__________________
"It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it."
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2018, 07:24 PM   #314
This is The End
 
This is The End's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,467
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Since any public official who did that fully deserves to be rotting in jail, is it too much to ask if you have any evidence that might support your remarkable accusation?

First of all, just go back a couple decades before "PC Culture" even existed. This business of having young teenage kids (12 to 14) available as a sexual commodity was just as huge. And just as protected.

Do you seriously think they are now currently actually worried about this PC crap or that they were just using it as a convenient excuse for orders that were sent from the top down that this was a protected, hands off, racket?

It is clearly an excuse that has nothing at all to do with the actual reasons for the protection of this sex trade industry.
__________________
________________________
This is The End is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2018, 01:39 AM   #315
Information Analyst
Philosopher
 
Information Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, UK.
Posts: 8,322
Originally Posted by This is The End View Post
First of all, just go back a couple decades before "PC Culture" even existed. This business of having young teenage kids (12 to 14) available as a sexual commodity was just as huge. And just as protected.

Do you seriously think they are now currently actually worried about this PC crap or that they were just using it as a convenient excuse for orders that were sent from the top down that this was a protected, hands off, racket?

It is clearly an excuse that has nothing at all to do with the actual reasons for the protection of this sex trade industry.
Do you have any actual "evidence" for this fine conspiracy theory of yours?
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2018, 11:03 PM   #316
This is The End
 
This is The End's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,467
Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post
Do you have any actual "evidence" for this fine conspiracy theory of yours?

Other than the massive amounts of obvious evidence that has come out for years? You're asking for evidence about their excuse, not the cover-ups.

You buy their excuse. It's idiotic. I do not.

I seriously doubt anyone who has kids would buy this ****.

It's the equivalent of "Oh I didn't mean to push brother down the stairs, I was just trying to help him down!!".

It's not like they can say "We have been directed to not investigate child sex rings because they have very powerful patrons.". For obvious reasons.

But yet when they say "We have not been investigating child sex rings because we do not want to appear racist." you eat it up hook line and sinker.

I find it hard to believe that anyone who buys that *** is thinking critically.
__________________
________________________
This is The End is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 06:39 AM   #317
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,180
You appear to be conflating one conspiracy between the police and a social elite (like some kind of British pizzagate) with another conspiracy where the police were ordered not to investigate Pakistani immigrants grooming teenagers at fast food shops (kebabgate?). In this plot, who ordered the police not to investigate the immigrants and why?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 07:08 AM   #318
Information Analyst
Philosopher
 
Information Analyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, UK.
Posts: 8,322
Originally Posted by This is The End View Post
It's not like they can say "We have been directed to not investigate child sex rings because they have very powerful patrons.". For obvious reasons.

But yet when they say "We have not been investigating child sex rings because we do not want to appear racist." you eat it up hook line and sinker.
Who were the "very powerful patrons" in Rochdale, Rotherham, etc.?
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 10:19 AM   #319
Wildy
Adelaidean
 
Wildy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,943
I think that would depend on what you'd view a "patron" as. In the case of Rotherham it'd probably be the Labour party, and by extension the Rotherham Council, who didn't want to make waves among the British Pakistani community because they vote for them.
__________________
Wildy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 11:14 AM   #320
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,180
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
I think that would depend on what you'd view a "patron" as. In the case of Rotherham it'd probably be the Labour party, and by extension the Rotherham Council, who didn't want to make waves among the British Pakistani community because they vote for them.
Chasing immigrant votes isn't This Is The End's theory though. That one is about actively wanting to support some grand tradition of sexually abusing youngsters.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.