ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 22nd March 2018, 03:27 AM   #1
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

The Trump Presidency VI

Mod InfoThis thread is a continuation from here.
Posted By:Loss Leader

Did Trump just challenge Joe Biden to a bout of fisticuffs?

Last edited by Loss Leader; 22nd March 2018 at 06:35 AM.
Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:28 AM   #2
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
Stop. You've lost the plot. This particular thread of discussion was not about Trump himself, but specifically about Trump University.

Again, this is about Trump University specifically, but... Yes. That was the point of questioning the claim that Trump University was a "failure". It's likely that it was actually fairly successful at achieving the goal it was intended to achieve: swindling people out of their money.
Exactly on Trumps Ballance sheet it is likely a successful con.
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:37 AM   #3
fagin
Philosopher

Not recently.
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:40 AM   #4
Strawberry
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Did Trump just challenge Joe Biden to a bout of fisticuffs?
Yes.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...65417908776963
Strawberry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:48 AM   #5
phiwum
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
No, that's not a challenge for a schoolyard fight. It's just the usual taunting of our President, a statement that if they fought, Trump would totally kick ass.

Not the same thing as an invitation to throw down. Embarrassing, sure. Totally inappropriate for a fully growed man, sure. Not a challenge to meet after the bell, however.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:50 AM   #6
Strawberry
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
No, that's not a challenge for a schoolyard fight. It's just the usual taunting of our President, a statement that if they fought, Trump would totally kick ass.

Not the same thing as an invitation to throw down. Embarrassing, sure. Totally inappropriate for a fully growed man, sure. Not a challenge to meet after the bell, however.
Yes I expect Cadet Bone Spurs would pee his pants if Joe Biden actually came up to him with a raised fist.
Strawberry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:56 AM   #7
Strawberry
Graduate Poster

OMG, look at what he's just tweeted....

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...70619424563200

Somewhere, Mark Zuckerberg is preparing a bottle of whiskey and a revolver.
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:26 AM   #8
Lambchops
Scholar

^Wait... Is that pretty much a confession?
Lambchops is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:36 AM   #9
kellyb
Philosopher

Oh, wow.
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:37 AM   #10
kellyb
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
And some gloating, to boot.
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:44 AM   #11
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Confession to what?
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:56 AM   #12
C_Felix
Master Poster

I prefer press bot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (34.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:14 AM   #13
Lambchops
Scholar

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
Confession to what?
I have no opinion on that.
Lambchops is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:15 AM   #14
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

I didn't ask for one.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:19 AM   #15
Belz...
Fiend God

What does it say?

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:23 AM   #16
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
What does it say?
It was a well reasoned and insightful response to the role social media should have in our lives.
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:23 AM   #17
Worm
Graduate Poster

More campaign reminiscing.

Quote:
Remember when they were saying, during the campaign, that Donald Trump is giving great speeches and drawing big crowds, but he is spending much less money and not using social media as well as Crooked Hillary’s large and highly sophisticated staff. Well, not saying that anymore!

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:28 AM   #18
kellyb
Philosopher

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
It was a well reasoned and insightful response to the role social media should have in our lives.
Ha. That one was actually cute.
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:08 AM   #19
phiwum
Philosopher

Let me add that Biden's comment was asinine as well.

That doesn't mean Trump's response was reasonable for a sitting President, but Biden also shoulda avoided schoolyard taunting.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:14 AM   #20
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

That doesn't mean Trump's response was reasonable for a sitting President, but Biden also shoulda avoided schoolyard taunting.
Also, the implication was they would have fought 60 years ago when young and stupid.
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:17 AM   #21
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

I don't know, beating Trump as his own game is exactly what is working so well for Stormy.
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:24 AM   #22
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

As an aside, I've seen it opined that Biden's taunts amount to threatening the President.

I think that's ridiculous - its clearly a hypothetical boasting how he might have dealt with someone like Trump had he encountered him in High School. Still maybe inappropriate, but hardly a threat.
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:44 AM   #23
phiwum
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
As an aside, I've seen it opined that Biden's taunts amount to threatening the President.

I think that's ridiculous - its clearly a hypothetical boasting how he might have dealt with someone like Trump had he encountered him in High School. Still maybe inappropriate, but hardly a threat.
Agreed. An asinine comment, but not a threat.
ETA: Unless Biden has a time machine.

Last edited by phiwum; 22nd March 2018 at 07:46 AM.
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:53 AM   #24
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

For the record, I have no opinion on your having no opinion on that.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:54 AM   #25
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Agreed. An asinine comment, but not a threat.
ETA: Unless Biden has a time machine.

Never underestimate the powers of the Deep State.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:08 AM   #26
DetectedMotion
Student

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post

When the Commander-in-Chief acts like a big mouth schoolyard kid, the possibility of any respect left in the government goes away with this behavior.

Having said that, I do think Biden would take Trump in round 2.
DetectedMotion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:10 AM   #27
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DetectedMotion View Post
When the Commander-in-Chief acts like a big mouth schoolyard kid, the possibility of any respect left in the government goes away with this behavior.

Having said that, I do think Biden would take Trump in round 2.
I am certain the high school Trump would hire someone to beat up Biden.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:12 AM   #28
Distracted1
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
I don't know, beating Trump as his own game is exactly what is working so well for Stormy.
Perhaps the most depressing part of the Trumpsters administration. A degradation of the office, and of American governance in general.
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:12 AM   #29
phiwum
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Ouch.
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:15 AM   #30
Belz...
Fiend God

Unless Biden has a time machine.
I wouldn't put it past him.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:16 AM   #31
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

I figure he had people on staff for that.
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:21 AM   #32
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Using Daddy's money, as usual.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:22 AM   #33
Fast Eddie B
Illuminator

And then sue Biden for, you know, reasons.
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:22 AM   #34
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

The Trump Presidency VI
I prefer The Trump Presidency Emacs.

Actually I'm still disappointed that The Trump Presidency IV thread wasn't subtitled "drip, drip, drip."
Beelzebuddy is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:49 AM   #35
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

On March 11 Trump tweeted:
"The Failing New York Times purposely wrote a false story stating that I am unhappy with my legal team on the Russia case and am going to add another lawyer to help out. Wrong. I am VERY happy with my lawyers, John Dowd, Ty Cobb and Jay Sekulow. They are doing a great job and....."

Today's news: "John Dowd Resigns as Trump’s Lead Lawyer in Special Counsel Inquiry"

And three days ago: "President Trump hired the longtime Washington lawyer Joseph E. diGenova on Monday, adding an aggressive voice to his legal team who has pushed the theory on television that the F.B.I. and Justice Department framed Mr. Trump." (link)

Last edited by Firestone; 22nd March 2018 at 08:51 AM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:55 AM   #36
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
The Trump Presidency VI
I prefer The Trump Presidency Emacs.

Actually I'm still disappointed that The Trump Presidency IV thread wasn't subtitled "drip, drip, drip."
At least they didn't make the "Third Term" mistake again.
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:03 AM   #37
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
On March 11 Trump tweeted:
"The Failing New York Times purposely wrote a false story stating that I am unhappy with my legal team on the Russia case and am going to add another lawyer to help out. Wrong. I am VERY happy with my lawyers, John Dowd, Ty Cobb and Jay Sekulow. They are doing a great job and....."

Today's news: "John Dowd Resigns as Trump’s Lead Lawyer in Special Counsel Inquiry"

And three days ago: "President Trump hired the longtime Washington lawyer Joseph E. diGenova on Monday, adding an aggressive voice to his legal team who has pushed the theory on television that the F.B.I. and Justice Department framed Mr. Trump." (link)
Trump's the type of guy who would deny to eating a sandwich as he's eating it and you're right there in front of him.

Old 22nd March 2018, 09:07 AM   #38
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

Dowd resigning and diGenova coming on board is for people familiar with the justice system a clear sign that Trump's legal case is hopeless, and that the only play Trump still has is in the court of public opinion, the only area Cohen and diGenova have some skill in playing in.
It is incredibly embarrassing that the most powerful man in the country cannot get a tier one defense team to work for him.
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:09 AM   #39
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Dowd resigning and diGenova coming on board is for people familiar with the justice system a clear sign that Trump's legal case is hopeless, and that the only play Trump still has is in the court of public opinion, the only area Cohen and diGenova have some skill in playing in.
It is incredibly embarrassing that the most powerful man in the country cannot get a tier one defense team to work for him.
Those tier one lawyers spent a lot of time building up their reputation. If I were them, I wouldn't want to sully that by associating with the president of the United States, either.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:10 AM   #40
3point14
Pi

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
Perhaps the most depressing part of the Trumpsters administration. A degradation of the office, and of American governance in general.
And, for those who care, a shattering of US reputation abroad. Which has come as quite a shock after the previous, eloquent and charming incumbent.

(I would note that, for some, a lowering of the USA's reputation abroad seems to be a 'win'. In which case, he is definitely the winingest president ever)

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics