ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 22nd March 2018, 02:45 PM   #81
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I don't have problem with Biden saying it. Trump should have been beaten to a pulp many of times in his life given how offensive he is. If ever there was a guy who needs a lesson taught to him, it would be Trump.

Trump's genius if that isn't an oxymoron is how outrageous he speaks about others. I'm convinced that you're going to have to get muddy if you're going to take him down. Im frankly shocked that a Democrat doesn't call him a scumbag and a sleaze constantly on National TV. Because that is what he is.
I don't agree, though I usually agree with you. Biden's comment was beyond the pale, though Trump's was even worse, since Trump is president.

Biden tweaked him and he took the bait.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 02:46 PM   #82
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
And Trump probably started a full scale Trade War With China today,and the stock market is in free fall.
He might well wreck the best thing the GOP has going for it...a good economy.
Dow's down 724 thanks to President Stable Genius.

Bill Donohue
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 02:49 PM   #83
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Totally would have worked but for the misspelling.
lol damn :O
Old 22nd March 2018, 02:53 PM   #84
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

And Trump probably started a full scale Trade War With China today,and the stock market is in free fall.
Stocks go up. Stocks go down. You can't explain that.
Quote:
He might well wreck the best thing the GOP has going for it...a good economy.
Who could have predicted that starting a trade war, destabilizing the economy with cuts to regulations and adding billions to the deficit could have wrecked the economy?

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:19 PM   #85
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I don't have problem with Biden saying it. Trump should have been beaten to a pulp many of times in his life given how offensive he is. If ever there was a guy who needs a lesson taught to him, it would be Trump.

Trump's genius if that isn't an oxymoron is how outrageous he speaks about others. I'm convinced that you're going to have to get muddy if you're going to take him down. Im frankly shocked that a Democrat doesn't call him a scumbag and a sleaze constantly on National TV. Because that is what he is.
Despite what I said earlier, there is definitely a large part of me that would love to see Trump get his ass kicked. I suspect that, like most bullies, Trump would run like his fat ass was on fire if someone actually confronted him. And there is no way that fat slob weighs only 236 lbs.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:23 PM   #86
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Outgoing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson gave a speech today how mean-spirited DC is.

Isn't that like Robespierre complaining about the injustice in Paris?
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:32 PM   #87
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

H.R. McMaster is out as National Security Advisor.

John Bolton will take his place.
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:34 PM   #88
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
I don't agree, though I usually agree with you. Biden's comment was beyond the pale, though Trump's was even worse, since Trump is president.

Biden tweaked him and he took the bait.
That's fair. But I want a thoughtful intelligent Democrat point out just how offensive Trump is, in a way that makes news. Being polite is not going to keep you center stage. Say you have all the respect in the world for the office and absolutely no respect for Trump. That he needs to be flushed not because of his crazy positions but because he's a disgusting dangerous incompetent troll. It's not that he can't keep his dick in his pants, it's that he has no respect for anyone but himself. He sullies his the office of the Presidency and this great nation. Plan it out so you amp up the shock value day after day after day.
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:41 PM   #89
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post

Well, that's just peachy. The Neocons are back.
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:52 PM   #90
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

OMG! We are truly doomed if we don't get this jerk out of office.

He just fired McMaster and hired WAR-with-IRAN John Bolton.
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:53 PM   #91
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Well, that's just peachy. The [most extreme of the] Neocons are back.
ftfy
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:57 PM   #92
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Cartman makes a perfect Trump. I'd love to see a South Park Trump edition movie with Cartman starring as Trump. They could bring back the Blame it on Canada song among other bits. Kenny could play Jeff Sessions.
Mr. Garrison has been Trump for about two and a half years, now.
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:58 PM   #93
Bob001
Philosopher

Yep. Announced by tweet.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.48af0fbf7edf
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:03 PM   #94
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
The official line coming out of the White House was that there was a need for a new foreign policy team to be put in place before the publicized meeting with Kim Jong-un of North Korea takes place in the spring.
But McMaster’s departure was also announced just two days after the president was reportedly infuriated by a leak of intimate briefing documents relating to his conversation with the Vladimir Putin, in which he congratulated Putin upon his re-election as Russian president against the advice of aides.
The White House has denied that McMaster’s departure has anything to do with the leak.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...dviser-resigns

The last line confirms it : Trump accused McMaster of being the leaker, it wasn't McMaster and he said so, and Trump called him a liar to his face. Which was the last straw.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:13 PM   #95
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...dviser-resigns

The last line confirms it : Trump accused McMaster of being the leaker, it wasn't McMaster and he said so, and Trump called him a liar to his face. Which was the last straw.
On March 15 the Washington Post reported Trump wanted to boot McMaster.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:14 PM   #96
newyorkguy
Philosopher

I didn't think Biden's comment was beyond the pale, or even out-of-character:
Quote:
“A guy who ended up becoming our national leader said, ‘I can grab a woman anywhere, and she likes it.' They asked me if I’d like to debate this gentleman, and I said ‘no.’ I said, ‘If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.’ ”

Biden is who he is. Remember the Onion photo, Joe Biden spending a sunny Sunday afternoon at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue? He probably loved it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Joe Washes TransAm on Pennsylvania Avenue.jpg (41.1 KB, 16 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:18 PM   #97
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
On March 15 the Washington Post reported Trump wanted to boot McMaster.
McMaster resigned.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:32 PM   #98
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

War with Iran by June?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:35 PM   #99
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trumps 'coming arms race' comment springs in to focus now.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:37 PM   #100
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Sure sure, fake news lol

Sarah Sanders@PressSec

Just spoke to @POTUS and Gen. H.R. McMaster - contrary to reports they have a good working relationship and there are no changes at the NSC.

7:12 PM - 15 Mar 2018
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:37 PM   #101
dudalb
Suspended

McMaster out, Bolton in as National Security Advisor.
Bolton who has stated on Fox news that the US needs to bomb more countries If the US is to be respected.
Bolton, who is obsessed with the overthrow of the Iranian Government.
And a President obsessed with looking "Tough" who will probably listen to him.
I know this sounds cruel, but I hope it is the bodies of the kids of Trump Supporters who come home first.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:40 PM   #102
dudalb
Suspended

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
War with Iran by June?
Given Bolton's notorious obsession with Iran, yes.
I an, as my singautre indicated, no pacifists, and I would be overjoyed if the Iranian Regime vanished overnight to be replaced by a regime not ran by Religious fanatics,but Military action is no way to achieve this.
As for air strikes to eliminate Iran Nuclear capability. that is almost impossible according to most military experts Let's put it this way. if it were possible to do Israel would have done it a long time ago.....
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:47 PM   #103
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

I know this sounds cruel, but I hope it is the bodies of the kids of Trump Supporters who come home first.
It sounds worse than cruel.

But it highlights the overall debasement of common human decency this President can provoke.

I would just encourage everyone to do their best to rise above such sentiments.
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:51 PM   #104
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
Sure sure, fake news lol

Sarah Sanders@PressSec

Just spoke to @POTUS and Gen. H.R. McMaster - contrary to reports they have a good working relationship and there are no changes at the NSC.

7:12 PM - 15 Mar 2018
I wonder if Sarah Sanders regrets selling her soul for a job?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:01 PM   #105
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Does she look tired to you? Heart no longer in it?

Old 22nd March 2018, 05:01 PM   #106
dudalb
Suspended

It sounds worse than cruel.

But it highlights the overall debasement of common human decency this President can provoke.

I would just encourage everyone to do their best to rise above such sentiments.
Sorry, but the coming bloodshed that we will have with Genghis John in the foreign policy driver's seat is squarely on the heads of the Trump voters.

Last edited by dudalb; 22nd March 2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:02 PM   #107
dudalb
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
"To sell your soul for the entire world is bad enough..but for Wales?"
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:05 PM   #108
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
Does she look tired to you? Heart no longer in it?
I have an unreasonable image that either she (or KellyAnn Conway) would have a momentary crisis of conscience (or extreme fatigue) while spewing BS, sigh, and say "OK, I just can't do this any more. This President is *********** crazy!""
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:06 PM   #109
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

War with Iran by June?
I'm thinking more like April.
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:07 PM   #110
dudalb
Suspended

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I'm thinking more like April.
Nah, it will take a little more time to move the military units into place......
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:30 PM   #111
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

War with Iran by June?
I've said before that only Congress can stop it, and this Congress won't, so it'll have to start before the mid-terms.

Last edited by CapelDodger; 22nd March 2018 at 05:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:34 PM   #112
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

The Saudis must be hugging themselves in glee right now : my hope is that they pay an enormous price.

Old 22nd March 2018, 05:38 PM   #113
Mumbles
Philosopher

Bolton who has stated on Fox news that the US needs to bomb more countries If the US is to be respected.
It is very cruel.

The kids didn't necessarily support Dolt 45, after all. I mean, I'm fine with hoping that the people who actually voted for him suffer the worst, since they're immune to logic and empathy, my view is that maybe outright pain from their own decisions will get most of them to learn. But if their kids voted for someone else...let them be.

And on the plus side, Dolt 45 is going to do whatever he wants regardless, so I doubt this is anything but him getting more yes men to tell him how great he is.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:48 PM   #114
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

I can't see this settling down the financial markets one tiny bit.

Old 22nd March 2018, 06:00 PM   #115
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Nah, it will take a little more time to move the military units into place......
So that's why Donnie wants a military parade down Pennsylvania Ave.!
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:02 PM   #116
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I have an unreasonable image that either she (or KellyAnn Conway) would have a momentary crisis of conscience (or extreme fatigue) while spewing BS, sigh, and say "OK, I just can't do this any more. This President is *********** crazy!""
It would make a great SNL skit.
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:05 PM   #117
Lambchops
Muse

War with Iran by June?
First strike; sunday during the Stormy Daniels interview on 60 Minutes?

Last edited by Lambchops; 22nd March 2018 at 06:07 PM.
Lambchops is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:20 PM   #118
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
First strike; sunday during the Stormy Daniels interview on 60 Minutes?
There's a job for you in the White House.

Old 22nd March 2018, 06:40 PM   #119
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Note that this happens after his meeting with the Saudis.
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:52 PM   #120
logger
Banned

that’s a given, they’re patriots. Most on the right support the military and the president who gives the orders.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics