ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:20 PM   #161
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Actually, all of it is.
That is just risible.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:30 PM   #162
Lambchops
Thinker

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you very much.

Last edited by Lambchops; 22nd March 2018 at 09:35 PM.
Lambchops is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:35 PM   #163
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by logger View Post
that’s a given, they’re patriots. Most on the right support the military and the president who gives the orders.
"Führer, befiehl, wir folgen!"
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:37 PM   #164
Cabbage
Critical Thinker

We’ve got no evidence of Russian collusion.
LOL. The fact that this particular lie did not die after Donnie Jr admitted to meeting with Russians in Trump Tower simply demonstrates how indoctrinated/brain washed Trump supporters are.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:43 PM   #165
Lambchops
Thinker

that’s a given, they’re patriots. Most on the right support the military and the president who gives the orders.
Lol, "patriots" blindly following orders.

So to you it would be a good thing if they followed the Trumptard in to WWIII if he told you all non-muricans were lizard-people? Because the Prez is always right.

You'd just love living in a dictatorship, right? Freedom means nothing to you. Follow the leader!

Last edited by Lambchops; 22nd March 2018 at 09:50 PM.
Lambchops is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 09:48 PM   #166
Lambchops
Thinker

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
"Führer, befiehl, wir folgen!"
Gott mit uns!
Old 22nd March 2018, 10:06 PM   #167
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Actually, all of it is.
Quote:
Politicizing these departments does significant damage to the culture and the process.
That is simply not an objective fact. That is (more like) a thesis.

Last edited by BobTheCoward; 22nd March 2018 at 10:09 PM.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 10:14 PM   #168
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Amazing how people on the left missed the entire leadership at the top has left in disgrace.
You mean the leadership that were republicans and were apparently fired for being mean and unfair to Hillary?

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 10:24 PM   #169
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
Lol, "patriots" blindly following orders.

"I was only following orders" didn't work too well for certain people roughly 70 years ago. Maybe logger thinks it'll work better today.
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 11:27 PM   #170
chrispy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
Depends on how you define "of". And/or "that".
Ah, Lambchops. I would like to introduce you to Bob, with whom you seem have already familiarized yourself with. Please, don't get 'Bobbed', though you seem to be handling yourself admirably.
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 11:48 PM   #171
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Yes, he is dangerous to these evil nations. Bolton is one of the best picks he’s made yet. He’ll help clean up what Oidiot screwed up.
If there's anyone who shares the blame with Dick Cheney for this country's most stupid and most disastrous foreign policy blunder, with no end yet in sight to the misery it caused, it's John Bolton. John Bolton's responsibility as NSA was to present the best intelligence and analysis we could get to the president so he could make informed decisions. Instead, Bush got intelligence that was filtered and slanted to support the neocon's poisonous invasion agenda. Now everyone says, "Hey, that disaster wasn't Bush's fault; he got bad intelligence," and you celebrate that this extremely dangerous and stupid warmonger is back, informing a delusional and willfully ignorant idiot like Trump how to "clean up what Oidiot screwed up" in Iran and North Korea? Surely, the only reason you could say something so foolish is to piss people off?

I don't think it's working any more. All you're doing is embarrassing the stereotype of a trumper.

(ETA: It has occurred to me that perhaps that's your intent? If so, great job!)

Last edited by WilliamSeger; 22nd March 2018 at 11:57 PM.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 01:14 AM   #172
Planigale
Master Poster

Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
Lawyers come in, Layers go out.

You can't explain that.
Presumably blonde East European 'lady' lawyers are being briefed!
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 01:28 AM   #173
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
You mean the leadership that were republicans and were apparently fired for being mean and unfair to Hillary?
They were republicans?

They were fired? By who?

Unfair to Hillary?

Do you even know who I’m discussing?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 01:31 AM   #174
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
If there's anyone who shares the blame with Dick Cheney for this country's most stupid and most disastrous foreign policy blunder, with no end yet in sight to the misery it caused, it's John Bolton. John Bolton's responsibility as NSA was to present the best intelligence and analysis we could get to the president so he could make informed decisions. Instead, Bush got intelligence that was filtered and slanted to support the neocon's poisonous invasion agenda. Now everyone says, "Hey, that disaster wasn't Bush's fault; he got bad intelligence," and you celebrate that this extremely dangerous and stupid warmonger is back, informing a delusional and willfully ignorant idiot like Trump how to "clean up what Oidiot screwed up" in Iran and North Korea? Surely, the only reason you could say something so foolish is to piss people off?

I don't think it's working any more. All you're doing is embarrassing the stereotype of a trumper.

(ETA: It has occurred to me that perhaps that's your intent? If so, great job!)
That was all Bolton’s fault? That just simply isn’t even reality.

And yes Oidiot is the one, with his weak knee approach, got us into this.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 01:44 AM   #175
Lurch
Critical Thinker

The left is not used to a republican who fights back, one that fights on their level. I’m thoroughly enjoying his dismantling of leftist institutions. It will be interesting to see what he gets done before the left and establishment are able to remove him.
This bespeaks the nihilism I so decried upon Dolt45's election. Now it's scorched earth before the final act.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 01:46 AM   #176
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

And yes Oidiot is the one, with his weak knee approach, got us into this.
Is that a "yes" to my questions?
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 01:55 AM   #177
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Republican political entities have spent almost $1.5m at Trump properties over the last year
Old 23rd March 2018, 02:14 AM   #178
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

You're right; I was misremembering Bolton's role in the disaster and why I name him #2 on the blame list. Filtering and slanting intel will be his new job, but under Bush his job was to aggressively assert the neocon "solution" to that distorted intel. Under Trump, I assume he will continue to do that, too. Still, is "And yes Oidiot is the one, with his weak knee approach, got us into this" a "yes" to my questions?

Last edited by WilliamSeger; 23rd March 2018 at 02:16 AM.
Old 23rd March 2018, 02:30 AM   #179
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Are you saying that patriots go to war? Well, Donald Trump dodged the draft. John Bolton enlisted in the National Guard and then the Reserve during Vietnam to avoid the draft because "I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy".

I guess that means neither are patriots.
Old 23rd March 2018, 02:32 AM   #180
Belz...
Fiend God

The FBI, CIA and state are not being dismantled. What’s being dismantled is leftist control at the top.
Trump doesn't care for right or left. You're projecting your own biases onto him.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 02:38 AM   #181
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/Stop_Trump20/sta...54634847408129

Just for a giggle.
Old 23rd March 2018, 02:47 AM   #182
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

According to this twitter user, yesterday's stockmarket crash means that Trump now owns 4 of the largest day crashes in history
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:09 AM   #183
Henri McPhee
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Are you saying that patriots go to war? Well, Donald Trump dodged the draft. John Bolton enlisted in the National Guard and then the Reserve during Vietnam to avoid the draft because "I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy".

John Bolton is going to drag us all into war.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:11 AM   #184
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Maureen Dowd's op-ed Donald the Dove, Hillary the Hawk hasn't aged that well.
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:19 AM   #185
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

?
Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
John Bolton is going to drag us all into war.
logger was saying that it's likely to be Trump voters (or their children) who die in any war the US enters, because they're patriots and patriots serve their country and their president. I'm saying that if that's the criteria for being a patriot, then what does that say about the two draft-dodgers at the top?

John Bolton will send other people to die on foreign soil, but joined first the National Guard and then the Reserves during Vietnam to - in his own words - avoid dying on foreign soil.
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:24 AM   #186
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
You're right; I was misremembering Bolton's role in the disaster and why I name him #2 on the blame list. Filtering and slanting intel will be his new job, but under Bush his job was to aggressively assert the neocon "solution" to that distorted intel. Under Trump, I assume he will continue to do that, too. Still, is "And yes Oidiot is the one, with his weak knee approach, got us into this" a "yes" to my questions?
Because slanting Intel is reality? I guess if you’re the only person in intel that might be realistic.
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:27 AM   #187
logger
Banned

That really doesn’t matter now does it?
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:31 AM   #188
logger
Banned

?

logger was saying that it's likely to be Trump voters (or their children) who die in any war the US enters, because they're patriots and patriots serve their country and their president. I'm saying that if that's the criteria for being a patriot, then what does that say about the two draft-dodgers at the top?

John Bolton will send other people to die on foreign soil, but joined first the National Guard and then the Reserves during Vietnam to - in his own words - avoid dying on foreign soil.
Once again that really doesn’t matter, the patriots will go where they are sent, while the left continues to prop up the bad actors of the world, because they are weak.
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:36 AM   #189
newyorkguy
Philosopher

There is abundant evidence of collusion between Trump, his campaign and the Russian government. Anyone who has any loyalty to this nation can see that and is troubled by it. The Russian government whose leaders have stolen literally billions of dollars that belonged to the Russian people and whom practice murder against opponents.

It's scary to see people so full of hate and alienation that they not only refuse to acknowledge these facts, they act like they don't matter. Willing to throw 200+ years of democracy out the window because they think the piece of garbage in the White House is ready to indulge their revenge fantasies on fellow citizens.

The blind leading the blind. What a nightmare.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:36 AM   #190
logger
Banned

Trump going after the thieves in China. Something the weak left would never do. Oh yes because the left is for the less fortunate.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...a/#more-147291
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:38 AM   #191
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
There is abundant evidence of collusion between Trump, his campaign and the Russian government. Anyone who has any loyalty to this nation can see that and is troubled by it. The Russian government whose leaders have stolen literally billions of dollars that belonged to the Russian people and whom practice murder against opponents.

It's scary to see people so full of hate and alienation that they not only refuse to acknowledge these facts, they act like they don't matter. Willing to throw 200+ years of democracy out the window because they think the piece of garbage in the White House is ready to indulge their revenge fantasies on fellow citizens.

The blind leading the blind. What a nightmare.
Yes sure, the investigations surely show it.

What’s fun is watching the left not even realize what’s coming.
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:45 AM   #192
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

That really doesn’t matter now does it?
Whether or not the president is interested in what's best for America is important to some. Not to you. Okay.

Whether or not its in America's interests to send its citizens off to die in wars is important to some. Not to you. Okay.
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:49 AM   #193
Belz...
Fiend God

Trump going after the thieves in China. Something the weak left would never do.
...you really have no idea what "right" and "left" mean at all, do you? They're just labels for people who agree with you on some issues, and people who don't.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:51 AM   #194
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
...you really have no idea what "right" and "left" mean at all, do you? They're just labels for people who agree with you on some issues, and people who don't.
I don't recall logger ever using the word "right." As far as I'm aware, he considers the entire world to be left of him.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:52 AM   #195
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Once again that really doesn’t matter, the patriots will go where they are sent, while the left continues to prop up the bad actors of the world, because they are weak.
What would you consider "a bad actor"? Would, for example, a dictator who holds sham elections; who kills or imprisons his political opponents and anybody who speaks out against him; who interferes in foreign elections; who commits murder on foreign soil, uses that as a springboard on state TV to threaten people with death, and who mocks those affected by the murder be considered "a bad actor" by you?
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:53 AM   #196
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Trump going after the thieves in China. Something the weak left would never do. Oh yes because the left is for the less fortunate.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...a/#more-147291
Much of the USA trade deficit is directly caused by borrowing money. A trade war won't change that.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:54 AM   #197
logger
Banned

Whether or not the president is interested in what's best for America is important to some. Not to you. Okay.

Whether or not its in America's interests to send its citizens off to die in wars is important to some. Not to you. Okay.
Not sure what you’re On about. You brought his lack of service in the military. The presidents interest in what’s best for America has nothing to do with his non military experience. The last two Dems shouldn’t have been president with your criteria, it simply isn’t reality.
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:55 AM   #198
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Much of the USA trade deficit is directly caused by borrowing money. A trade war won't change that.
And the intellectual property thefts?
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:57 AM   #199
logger
Banned

What would you consider "a bad actor"? Would, for example, a dictator who holds sham elections; who kills or imprisons his political opponents and anybody who speaks out against him; who interferes in foreign elections; who commits murder on foreign soil, uses that as a springboard on state TV to threaten people with death, and who mocks those affected by the murder be considered "a bad actor" by you?
Yes, the same as the Chinese, the Saudi’s, and many more. Yes I know the left thinks the President is somehow playing golf with Putin. It simply isn’t reality.
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:58 AM   #200
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

I remember that. Because it got me.

It is, in fact, one legitimate case of “fake new”, edited in a way that would make Michael Moore proud.

Watch the entire encounter and there was no “dissing” involved at all.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics