ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:59 AM   #201
logger
Banned

Was McMaster another leaker?

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...r-hr-mcmaster/
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 04:00 AM   #202
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
A fake giggle?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 04:14 AM   #203
Henri McPhee
Master Poster

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
There is abundant evidence of collusion between Trump, his campaign and the Russian government. Anyone who has any loyalty to this nation can see that and is troubled by it.
Like what facts and evidence? That's just an opinion.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 04:17 AM   #204
Octavo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by logger View Post
Welcome back - your posts were missed.

Trump can fire the entire Administration and it would still leak like a sieve, because TRUMP HIMSELF is the leaker. It's been obvious for a while.

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-leaker...k-aides-786915
Old 23rd March 2018, 04:51 AM   #205
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Not sure what you’re On about. You brought his lack of service in the military.
Which, according to you, is a sign of not being a patriot.
Old 23rd March 2018, 04:56 AM   #206
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Octavo View Post
Trump can fire the entire Administration and it would still leak like a sieve, because TRUMP HIMSELF is the leaker. It's been obvious for a while.

What? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you. Who knew that a president who gave secret intelligence information to the Russians , held important international meetings about North Korea in front of random members of his golf club
and Uses a personal cell phone that is prone to security hacks would be the source of leaks within the white house.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 04:58 AM   #207
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, the same as the Chinese, the Saudi’s, and many more. Yes I know the left thinks the President is somehow playing golf with Putin. It simply isn’t reality.
Your assertion was that it was the left who were propping up the bad actors. Yet Trump has done so little against Russia that Congress had to sneak sanctions into the spending bill. Because he is weak.
Old 23rd March 2018, 04:59 AM   #208
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
I remember that. Because it got me.

It is, in fact, one legitimate case of “fake new”, edited in a way that would make Michael Moore proud.

Watch the entire encounter and there was no “dissing” involved at all.
I didn't claim there was any dissing involved. I explicitly said I was posting it just for a giggle.
Old 23rd March 2018, 05:29 AM   #209
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Who spent all that money on Ben Carson's furniture? Ben Carson blames his wife. Claudia Tenney blames the deep state. Conclusion? Ben Carson's wife is part of the deep state.
Old 23rd March 2018, 05:34 AM   #210
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Who spent all that money on Ben Carson's furniture? Ben Carson blames his wife. Claudia Tenney blames the deep state. Conclusion? Ben Carson's wife is part of the deep state.
Lock her up! Lock her up!

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 05:48 AM   #211
logger
Banned

Your assertion was that it was the left who were propping up the bad actors. Yet Trump has done so little against Russia that Congress had to sneak sanctions into the spending bill. Because he is weak.
Oh, I seem to remember Trump imposing those sanctions.
Old 23rd March 2018, 05:49 AM   #212
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Table comes out, table comes in. You can't explain that.

(Wow, its amazing how many situations that joke can be applied to!)

We are Groot - Groot
Old 23rd March 2018, 05:50 AM   #213
logger
Banned

Which, according to you, is a sign of not being a patriot.
You’ll have to prove that. It’s quite clear which group of Americans proudly serve, that is what we were discussing. Your assertion about
Trump is simply irrelevant.
Old 23rd March 2018, 05:53 AM   #214
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Octavo View Post
Welcome back - your posts were missed.

Another personal attack, once again my posts are not the topic of the thread.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:02 AM   #215
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

It's being reported that McGahn is hoping to quit before summer
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:03 AM   #216
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Specifically which sanctions are you talking about?
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:05 AM   #217
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

You’ll have to prove that.
You said "the patriots will go where they are sent". Both Trump and Bolton deliberately avoided that. Ergo they're not patriots, as per your own words.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:06 AM   #218
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

Those were the old sanctios,, long past the deadline and not to the extent demanded by Congress.
These are new sanctions.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:07 AM   #219
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

No comment needed!

"I am considering a VETO of the Omnibus Spending Bill based on the fact that the 800,000 plus DACA recipients have been totally abandoned by the Democrats (not even mentioned in Bill) and the BORDER WALL, which is desperately needed for our National Defense, is not fully funded."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...66887493799936
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:07 AM   #220
logger
Banned

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/u...sanctions.html
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:08 AM   #221
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Trump has exempted the EU, Australia, South Korea, Argentina, and Brazil from the steel and aluminium tariffs
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:09 AM   #222
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Not the ones under discussion, then.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:09 AM   #223
logger
Banned

You said "the patriots will go where they are sent". Both Trump and Bolton deliberately avoided that. Ergo they're not patriots, as per your own words.
Trump and Bolton aren’t being sent, why does this need explaining?

What Trump and Bolton avoided is irrelevant, again.

Last edited by logger; 23rd March 2018 at 06:13 AM.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:12 AM   #224
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

The Trump administration did supposedly announce actual sanctions on March 15, against "nearly 25 Russian individuals and organizations, including members of Internet Research Agency (IRA) — the troll farm that used social media to sow divisions before the November 2016 vote." (See: https://www.vox.com/2018/3/15/171243...easury-mnuchin)

This was of course over half a year after congress had initially passed a bill requiring sanctions, and long after the Trump administration had missed several deadlines, and long after the Trump administration had said "No sanctions are needed, just the threat of sanctions is enough". And it appears to be reactive rather than proactive.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:12 AM   #225
logger
Banned

Not the ones under discussion, then.
okay, which ones did you want?
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:14 AM   #226
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
I am considering a VETO of the Omnibus Spending Bill based on the fact that the 800,000 plus DACA recipients have been totally abandoned by the Democrats (not even mentioned in Bill) and the BORDER WALL, which is desperately needed for our National Defense, is not fully funded.
Yet 2 days ago: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...54851684945920

Quote:
Got $1.6 Billion to start Wall on Southern Border, rest will be forthcoming. Most importantly, got $700 Billion to rebuild our Military, $716 Billion next year...most ever. Had to waste money on Dem giveaways in order to take care of military pay increase and new equipment.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:15 AM   #227
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

They aren't now, because the Vietnam war is over. When they were they dodged the draft.

Unless your hypothesis is that they weren't patriots back then, but now they are?
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:16 AM   #228
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Dow's down 724 thanks to President Stable Genius.
The trade war will be over in time for his military parade celebrating our victory.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:17 AM   #229
logger
Banned

They aren't now, because the Vietnam war is over. When they were they dodged the draft.

Unless your hypothesis is that they weren't patriots back then, but now they are?
Again, they are irrelevant.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:18 AM   #230
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

okay, which ones did you want?
The ones that were under discussion.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:19 AM   #231
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trumps 'coming arms race' comment springs in to focus now.
Yep us and the Russians vs NATO!
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:19 AM   #232
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Again, they are irrelevant.
Yes, you've already said that you don't care whether Trump and Bolton act in America's best interests.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:21 AM   #233
logger
Banned

Yes, you've already said that you don't care whether Trump and Bolton act in America's best interests.
No, you’re wrong again. Post where I posted that.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:22 AM   #234
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
CSPAN video: Senator Obama questioning John Bolton about his irrational beliefs. Obama is masterful pinning down a CTer. So diplomatic.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c46307...ns-john-bolton

There's a transcript for those of you who lack the time to watch it. It's just Obama-Bolton exchange. The rest of the hearing is available at the same link.

Bolton wants to take out Iran before they get nukes.
Which of course goes to show how smart Kim Jung Un is to get and keep his nukes. He gets meetings with Trump instead of invasions.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:23 AM   #235
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Both President Bonespurs and Bolton avoided serving in Vietnam.
Quote:
What Trump and Bolton avoided is irrelevant, again.
Not really. If you characterize patriotism as a willingness to follow orders (i.e. "go where sent") then people who avoided military service when elidagible cannot be considered patriots.

Of course, we all know Trump is a patriot... just not to the U.S.

We are Groot - Groot
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:23 AM   #236
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Both President Bonespurs and Bolton avoided serving in Vietnam.

Not really. If you characterize patriotism as a willingness to follow orders (i.e. "go where sent") then people who avoided military service when elidagible cannot be considered patriots.

Of course, we all know Trump is a patriot... just not to the U.S.
Trump was not eligible.

John Bolton served.

Last edited by BobTheCoward; 23rd March 2018 at 06:25 AM.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:27 AM   #237
chrispy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
No comment needed!

"I am considering a VETO of the Omnibus Spending Bill based on the fact that the 800,000 plus DACA recipients have been totally abandoned by the Democrats (not even mentioned in Bill) and the BORDER WALL, which is desperately needed for our National Defense, is not fully funded."

Ooh, ooh!! I have a comment! Ok, here goes... ""
chrispy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:28 AM   #238
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

No, you’re wrong again. Post where I posted that.
You've said multiple times that you think it's irrelevant whether or not Trump and Bolton are patriots.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:33 AM   #239
logger
Banned

You've said multiple times that you think it's irrelevant whether or not Trump and Bolton are patriots.

Thanks for admitting that.
Old 23rd March 2018, 06:35 AM   #240
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Thanks for admitting that.
O...kay.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics