ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 15th April 2018, 07:02 AM   #1
logger
Banned

DOJ/FBI scandal

Here’s a good summary of this scandal that has it all. With the added bonus of the Clintons.

https://www.investorvillage.com/smbd...g&mid=18186731

From 2001 to 2005 there was an ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

A Grand Jury had been empaneled.

Governments from around the world had donated to the “Charity”.

Yet, from 2001 to 2003 none of those “Donations” to the Clinton Foundation were declared.

Hmmm, now you would think that an honest investigator would be able to figure this out.

Guess who took over this investigation in 2002?

Bet you can’t guess.

No other than James “Wassup Homey” Comey.

Last edited by logger; 15th April 2018 at 07:50 AM.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 07:03 AM   #2
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

No, it isn't interesting.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 07:10 AM   #3
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
No, it isn't interesting.
I knew youíd say that! Of course youíre wrong though. Iím sure many will agree with you since theyíre simpathetic to the leftist cause.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 07:11 AM   #4
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by logger View Post
I knew youíd say that! Of course youíre wrong though. Iím sure many will agree with you since theyíre simpathetic to the leftist cause.
How am I wrong that I don't find it interesting? And if the premise is that it is interesting, why ask the question?
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 07:14 AM   #5
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Plagiarised from here.

I'm basically just left giggling, as usual, over the idea that Hillary Clinton was the head of a conspiracy to announce that she was under FBI investigation and thereby lose herself the election. How can anybody take that even remotely seriously?

[edit]This seems to be the original source

Last edited by Squeegee Beckenheim; 15th April 2018 at 08:12 AM.
Squeegee Beckenheim is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 07:14 AM   #6
logger
Banned

How am I wrong that I don't find it interesting? And if the premise is that it is interesting, why ask the question?
Because it is interesting. Any kind of clear corruption like this is at least interesting. Maybe you should have put an “I” in front of your sentence, like “I don’t find it interesting”

Last edited by logger; 15th April 2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 15th April 2018, 07:15 AM   #7
Amazer
Graduate Poster

Hereís a good summary of this scandal that has it all. With the added bonus of the Clintons.

[Snipped for brevity]

As of this writing, the Clinton Foundation, in its 20+ years of operation of being the largest International Charity Fraud in the history of mankind, has never been audited by the Internal Revenue Service.
I find it to be quite boring actually.... there's really nothing tangible in the summary you offer. Now if you had any real evidence, present it, but please stop with these ' let's connect the dots' attempts.
Amazer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 07:16 AM   #8
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Plagiarised from here.

I'm basically just left giggling, as usual, over the idea that Hillary Clinton was the head of a conspiracy to announce that she was under FBI investigation and thereby lose herself the election. How can anybody take that even remotely seriously?
No, that isnít where itís from. The post even says itís a copy. Google it.
Old 15th April 2018, 07:17 AM   #9
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Because it is interesting. Any kind of clear cottuption like this is at least interesting. Maybe you should have put an “I” in front of your sentence, like “I don’t find it interesting”
Nothing possesses the attribute of inherent interestingness.

Last edited by BobTheCoward; 15th April 2018 at 07:18 AM.
Old 15th April 2018, 07:18 AM   #10
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

That seems like a good argument that you shouldn't have plagiarized.
Old 15th April 2018, 07:19 AM   #11
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Amazer View Post
I find it to be quite boring actually.... there's really nothing tangible in the summary you offer. Now if you had any real evidence, present it, but please stop with these ' let's connect the dots' attempts.
Evidence? Itís people and timelines.

Maybe these people donít even exist!
Old 15th April 2018, 07:21 AM   #12
logger
Banned

That seems like a good argument that you shouldn't have plagiarized.
Plagiarized? I didnít claim it as mine.
Old 15th April 2018, 07:22 AM   #13
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Of course, it's the precise source that's the issue, rather than the plagiarism...
Old 15th April 2018, 07:23 AM   #14
Cleon
King of the Pod People

The post even says itís a copy. Google it.
Yeah, you edited your post to put "Copied" in it after you were called on it.

That "last edited by logger" line can be a real pain sometimes.

Meanwhile, silly conspiracy copypasta is silly conspiracy copypasta.
Old 15th April 2018, 07:23 AM   #15
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

You didn't note that it was someone else's until 3 minutes after the fact that it was plagiarised was posted.
Old 15th April 2018, 07:24 AM   #16
Cleon
King of the Pod People

Plagiarized? I didn’t claim it as mine.
That's exactly what you do when you post something without any indication that it's not your words.

And yes, I see that you put "Copied" in there AFTER you were called on it.
Old 15th April 2018, 07:24 AM   #17
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

You didn't claim that it wasn't yours. You left it unstated and didn't specify the actual author.
Old 15th April 2018, 07:26 AM   #18
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
That's exactly what you do when you post something without any indication that it's not your words.

Copied also doesn't sufficiently indicate "copied from someone else."
Old 15th April 2018, 07:33 AM   #19
Amazer
Graduate Poster

Evidence? Itís people and timelines.

Maybe these people donít even exist!
I know what it is that you presented... and it's boring.

I've also told you what might make it more interesting. Instead you prefer to play stupid... which is fine... just don't expect people to engage honestly with you then.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
Amazer is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 07:38 AM   #20
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Plagiarised from here.

[edit]http://www.topix.com/forum/city/alam...riginal source
You miss part of the brilliance of this devious Hillary Clinton conspiracy: not disclose before the election that the Trump campaign had been under investigation for months.
Old 15th April 2018, 08:06 AM   #21
logger
Banned

When is someone from journalism going to write a book about this timeline? At least it would be a great read on government corruption.
Old 15th April 2018, 08:08 AM   #22
logger
Banned

Plagiarised from here.

[edit]http://www.topix.com/forum/city/alam...riginal source
I don’t think that is the idea. She’s just involved, as usual.

Last edited by logger; 15th April 2018 at 08:14 AM.
Old 15th April 2018, 08:19 AM   #23
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

I donít think that is the idea. Sheís just involved, as usual.
So what was the plan in Comey announcing just before the election that she was under investigation?
Old 15th April 2018, 08:24 AM   #24
logger
Banned

So what was the plan in Comey announcing just before the election that she was under investigation?
Thatís a great question. Maybe to cover his tracks? He said it because of the new found emails on Weinerís computer. But then ended it again.
Old 15th April 2018, 08:27 AM   #25
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Thatís a great question.
It is, isn't it? Rather exposes this whole pro-Hillary conspiracy idea for the foolishness it is, doesn't it?
Old 15th April 2018, 08:32 AM   #26
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

"James Comey was so sure that Hillary Clinton would win the 2016 presidential election that he publicly announced re-opening her email investigation because he feared not doing so could make her appear ďillegitimate.Ē

That is why, and no, it does not make any sense.

I suspect he was doing it to mitigate the fact that the Clinton email investigation was grossly incompetent. After being told by the Intelligence Community IG that the emails contained top secret information, the FBI did not move to seize the computers, he let the *********** perps turn what they wanted in. I wonder how many other devices they let slip through the cracks.
Old 15th April 2018, 08:44 AM   #27
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
"James Comey was so sure that Hillary Clinton would win the 2016 presidential election that he publicly announced re-opening her email investigation because he feared not doing so could make her appear ďillegitimate.Ē
So it had nothing to do with a conspiracy to win her the election, then? Good-oh.
Old 15th April 2018, 08:49 AM   #28
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Yeah, you edited your post to put "Copied" in it after you were called on it.

That "last edited by logger" line can be a real pain sometimes.
You didn't note that it was someone else's until 3 minutes after the fact that it was plagiarised was posted.

In a thread touting a conspiracy theory about the unethical behavior of the Clintons, the only actual evidence of unethical behavior we have is that of the conspiracy theorist.

Has there been a harder face-plant of a thread in recent memory?

Last edited by johnny karate; 15th April 2018 at 08:51 AM.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 08:53 AM   #29
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

So it had nothing to do with a conspiracy to win her the election, then? Good-oh.
Rule of so.

I suspect that it did, given the fact that Comey and klutzes ********** up the email investigation so badly that he panicked at the end that he had gone to far to favor Hillary.

Comey: Did you turn over all the computers with Top Secret information?
Huma: Yep!
Wiener: wacka-wacka-wacka-wacka
Old 15th April 2018, 09:07 AM   #30
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

When is someone from journalism going to write a book about this timeline? At least it would be a great read on government corruption.
This is the way the GOP ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 09:11 AM   #31
logger
Banned

It is, isn't it? Rather exposes this whole pro-Hillary conspiracy idea for the foolishness it is, doesn't it?
When put up against the other mountain of evidence? Surely you can see how the strategies change with circumstances?
Old 15th April 2018, 09:12 AM   #32
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

All this states is that senior members of the federal government have been members of the government when they were no so senior and did there respective jobs on issues present at the time.
Old 15th April 2018, 09:15 AM   #33
Bob001
Philosopher

Here’s a good summary of this scandal that has it all. With the added bonus of the Clintons.

From 2001 to 2005 there was an ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

The rant you are citing doesn't appear to be an account of the -- or any -- facts.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 09:17 AM   #34
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

When put up against the other mountain of evidence? Surely you can see how the strategies change with circumstances?
Very astute. Comey learned that McCabe was sitting on the Weiner tape and that Congress knew it.

Panic
Old 15th April 2018, 09:18 AM   #35
Cain
Straussian

Hereís a good summary of this scandal that has it all. With the added bonus of the Clintons.

A Grand Jury had been empaneled.

Governments from around the world had donated to the ďCharityĒ.

Yet, from 2001 to 2003 none of those ďDonationsĒ to the Clinton Foundation were declared.

Hmmm, now you would think that an honest investigator would be able to figure this out.

Guess who took over this investigation in 2002?

Bet you canít guess.

No other than James ďWassup HomeyĒ Comey.
Interesting.
Old 15th April 2018, 09:21 AM   #36
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Is this the best the wingnuts has to offer?

Jeez, what a failthread.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 09:30 AM   #37
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Is this the best the wingnuts has to offer?

Jeez, what a failthread.
Any comment about the timing of the Weiner disclosure, or just going to type ďwingnutsĒ?
Old 15th April 2018, 09:48 AM   #38
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Any comment about the timing of the Weiner disclosure, or just going to type “wingnuts”?
He shouldn't have done it. He should have been fired and it would have been the perfect cover for firing him. The remaining problem is that the reason for firing was a cover.
Many have made that point.
Old 15th April 2018, 09:50 AM   #39
logger
Banned

He shouldn't have done it. He should have been fired and it would have been the perfect cover for firing him. The remaining problem is that the reason for firing was a cover.
Except Bob, firing him wouldnít stop the investigation one bit or obviously give him ANY cover. You do understand that?

Comey was fired because Trump knew what he was.
Old 15th April 2018, 09:52 AM   #40
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Comey should have fired McCabe?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics