ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 15th April 2018, 09:52 AM   #41
logger
Philosopher

Remember this nugget before the election? A slimy liberal laying out the corruption the Dems were already involved with. He was also a good friend of Comeys.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/coalitio...-if-trump-wins

Last edited by logger; 15th April 2018 at 09:54 AM.
logger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 10:03 AM   #42
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by logger View Post
Remember this nugget before the election? A slimy liberal laying out the corruption the Dems were already involved with. He was also a good friend of Comeys.

"Corruption" like this?

Quote:
The essential task of the Coalition of All Democratic Forces during a Trump administration will be to protect democratic institutions against his promised predations and to protect individuals subject to the abuses he promises.
Prophetic.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 10:03 AM   #43
The Big Dog
Suspended

“If Trump wins it, the Coalition of All Democratic Forces needs to be prepared to see him in court.”
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 10:04 AM   #44
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

What's supposed to be interesting about it?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 10:06 AM   #45
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Rule of so.

I suspect that it did, given the fact that Comey and klutzes ********** up the email investigation so badly that he panicked at the end that he had gone to far to favor Hillary.

Comey: Did you turn over all the computers with Top Secret information?
Huma: Yep!
Wiener: wacka-wacka-wacka-wacka
Ah, it is part of the conspiracy to elect Hillary, by being a walking back of the conspiracy because it was succeeding too much? Interesting theory.

It's a bewildering kind of conspiracy that requires its members to act against their own interests. Were I someone who believed in such a conspiracy that's the kind of thing that might make me pause to think "hang on, is this all bollocks?"
Old 15th April 2018, 10:07 AM   #46
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

When put up against the other mountain of evidence? Surely you can see how the strategies change with circumstances?
Do you agree with The Big Dog that the change in strategy in this case was to make it less likely that Clinton be elected because reasons?
Old 15th April 2018, 10:07 AM   #47
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
"Corruption" like this?

Prophetic.
Yes prophetic. That means democrats working for government need to do their part to protect liberal causes. Might the coalition be the small group coup that has been working behind the scenes at DOJ/FBI?
logger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 10:10 AM   #48
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Do you agree with The Big Dog that the change in strategy in this case was to make it less likely that Clinton be elected because reasons?
I think he was covering his ass. There were so many things going on corruptly in secret at that time, it’s no wonder he screwed up.

Last edited by logger; 15th April 2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:14 AM   #49
The Big Dog
Suspended

Ah, it is part of the conspiracy to elect Hillary, by being a walking back of the conspiracy because it was succeeding too much? Interesting theory.

It's a bewildering kind of conspiracy that requires its members to act against their own interests. Were I someone who believed in such a conspiracy that's the kind of thing that might make me pause to think "hang on, is this all bollocks?"
Cool strawman.

The gross incompetence of the investigation was revealed and then Comey had to cover his tracks. He said he thought Hillary was a shoo in, so he calculated that disclosing it would not hurt Hillary.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 10:15 AM   #50
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Might the coalition be the small group coup that has been working behind the scenes at DOJ/FBI?
If you wanted to know who the coalition he was talking about was supposed to be, why didn't you read the article in which he explains exactly that?

Quote:
I want to suggest that whether one is a liberal or a conservative or a centrist, one needs to see oneself first as a member of the country’s democratic forces, and for these forces to prevail, they need to be in coalition—if not in agreement—with one another.

[...]

This coalition most emphatically includes every conservative, however much she may loath Clinton, who did not seriously consider voting for Trump and never let political expediency or social pressure sway her.

[...]

For present purposes, the key point is that whichever side wins, we have to imagine this coalition as including everyone whose voting behavior in this election was fundamentally democratic in character. This will mean putting aside, or deemphasizing, some pretty fundamental points of political and policy disagreement to focus on the protection of democracy and its institutions and the restoration of confidence in them.
So this "coalition" he's discussing consists of every single politically engaged American who did not or would not vote for Trump. That's one wide-ranging conspiracy.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:17 AM   #51
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The gross incompetence of the investigation was revealed and then Comey had to cover his tracks.
Well, if we grant for the sake of argument the silly idea that he had to publicly announce an investigation in order to hide the investigation, then can you explain how that makes the announcement part of a conspiracy to elect Hillary Clinton?
Old 15th April 2018, 10:18 AM   #52
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

I think he was covering his ass.
Can you explain what he was "covering his ass" from, and how publicly announcing the investigation accomplished that?
Old 15th April 2018, 10:22 AM   #53
logger
Philosopher

You’re making it ridiculous by focusing on one aspect. You have to take it as a whole, there are a lot of moving parts that are changing even to this day. But remember the Inspector General is about to release his findings, some had already been released.

The the whole leadership of the FBI has been fired, demoted or reassigned, it’s going to be exciting to find out why.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:23 AM   #54
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Yes prophetic. That means democrats working for government need to do their part to protect liberal causes. Might the coalition be the small group coup that has been working behind the scenes at DOJ/FBI?
"Liberal causes" like "no one is above the law?" Scoundrels!
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 10:23 AM   #55
logger
Philosopher

If you wanted to know who the coalition he was talking about was supposed to be, why didn't you read the article in which he explains exactly that?

So this "coalition" he's discussing consists of every single politically engaged American who did not or would not vote for Trump. That's one wide-ranging conspiracy.
This is just some slimy libs wish list. These things were already well underway.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:24 AM   #56
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

You’re making it ridiculous by focusing on one aspect.
No, I'm highlighting one aspect which reveals that it's ridiculous. There's a difference.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:24 AM   #57
logger
Philosopher

"Liberal causes" like "no one is above the law?" Scoundrels!
Obviously so many libs under investigation would tell you that.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:25 AM   #58
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

You’re making it ridiculous by focusing on one aspect. You have to take it as a whole, there are a lot of moving parts that are changing even to this day. But remember the Inspector General is about to release his findings, some had already been released.

The the whole leadership of the FBI has been fired, demoted or reassigned, it’s going to be exciting to find out why.
LOL, what a convoluted way to say, "We can spin anything that happens into our conspiracy theories."
Old 15th April 2018, 10:25 AM   #59
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

This is just some slimy libs wish list.
Which is why it's bemusing that you brought it up and tried to point to it as referring to a conspiracy.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:26 AM   #60
logger
Philosopher

No, I'm highlighting one aspect which reveals that it's ridiculous. There's a difference.
Because you speculate to your sides favor on one aspect, does not in any way effect this huge wide ranging investigation.

Do you know anything about the Inspector generals investigation?
Old 15th April 2018, 10:28 AM   #61
logger
Philosopher

Which is why it's bemusing that you brought it up and tried to point to it as referring to a conspiracy.
What’s amusing is you thinking I called this slimy libs theory a conspiracy. I pointed out his theory was already underway. I know it was underway because the investigations so far have shown it.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:29 AM   #62
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Because you speculate to your sides favor on one aspect, does not in any way effect this huge wide ranging investigation.
I haven't done any speculating. I think you're confusing me with someone else.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:29 AM   #63
logger
Philosopher

LOL, what a convoluted way to say, "We can spin anything that happens into our conspiracy theories."
We can’t spin anything the way we want, that’s because we have so many critical thinking skeptics on here willing to discuss the points.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:31 AM   #64
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

What’s amusing is you thinking I called this slimy libs theory a conspiracy. I pointed out his theory was already underway. I know it was underway because the investigations so far have shown it.
What you said was "Might the coalition be the small group coup that has been working behind the scenes at DOJ/FBI?"

BTW, I notice that you're unable to explain how Comey publicly announcing the Clinton investigation covered his "ass", or what it was being covered from.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:32 AM   #65
logger
Philosopher

I haven't done any speculating. I think you're confusing me with someone else.
Speculating that it’s all ridiculous? In the face of so much? Maybe I do have you confused.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:34 AM   #66
logger
Philosopher

What you said was "Might the coalition be the small group coup that has been working behind the scenes at DOJ/FBI?"
That was already underway? Had nothing to do with what this slime ball wrote, it was just interesting that he wrote an article about it.
Quote:
BTW, I notice that you're unable to explain how Comey publicly announcing the Clinton investigation covered his "ass", or what it was being covered from.
His incompetence.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:35 AM   #67
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

We can’t spin anything the way we want, that’s because we have so many critical thinking skeptics on here willing to discuss the points.
Your problem is the only people who believe such nonsense and are so easily distracted are the same people who already don't care if Trump shot someone on 5th Avenue. Trump and his supporters are making this a battle to the death, and you're going to lose because you are outnumbered.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:44 AM   #68
logger
Philosopher

A fascinating read on McCabes firing.

https://static01.nyt.com/files/2018/...abe-report.pdf
Old 15th April 2018, 10:46 AM   #69
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

That was already underway? Had nothing to do with what this slime ball wrote, it was just interesting that he wrote an article about it.
...but he didn't write an article about it. He wrote an article about something else. Which you brought up and tried to pretend was about what you were talking about.

Quote:
His incompetence.
And how did it do that?
Old 15th April 2018, 10:47 AM   #70
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Speculating that it’s all ridiculous?
Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the word "speculating". Even you agreed that it was ridiculous.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:52 AM   #71
Random
Master Poster

Here’s a good summary of this scandal that has it all. With the added bonus of the Clintons.

https://www.investorvillage.com/smbd...g&mid=18186731

From 2001 to 2005 there was an ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation.

A Grand Jury had been empaneled.

Governments from around the world had donated to the “Charity”.

Yet, from 2001 to 2003 none of those “Donations” to the Clinton Foundation were declared.

Hmmm, now you would think that an honest investigator would be able to figure this out.

Guess who took over this investigation in 2002?

Bet you can’t guess.

No other than James “Wassup Homey” Comey.
Looked through it. Usual CTer dross. List a bunch of connections between people in the upper branches of government, leave out anything that would explain how they are harmless or ordinary, and then, rather than actually make a specific accusation that can be refuted or questioned, say things like "Now, that's interesting, isn't it?" or "Guess who...?"

The upper levels of politics are pretty clubby and chummy. People who work on a successful political campaign tend to be those that get hired by that incoming politician. LEOs and lawyers who work on big cases tend to get tapped for other big cases. People with lots of experience in one division of the government tend to get tapped when a management slot opens up in another. They tend to make friends amongst their co-workers, and those friendships might continue after both parties have changed jobs.

It's a situation ripe for abuse and insider dealings, but it also a situation ripe for CTers to take harmless, boring coincidences and stitch them together into goofy plots in their minds.
Old 15th April 2018, 10:57 AM   #72
The_Animus
Master Poster

Two new political humor threads in one week? It's Christmas at the ISF!

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.
The_Animus is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 11:00 AM   #73
logger
Philosopher

...but he didn't write an article about it. He wrote an article about something else. Which you brought up and tried to pretend was about what you were talking about.
Pretend? It has fascinating similarities, but what he was talking about was clearly underway. Wouldn’t you agree?

Quote:
And how did it do that?
Because he shouldn’t have announced it publicly. How do you not understand this?
Old 15th April 2018, 11:02 AM   #74
logger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Random View Post
Looked through it. Usual CTer dross. List a bunch of connections between people in the upper branches of government, leave out anything that would explain how they are harmless or ordinary, and then, rather than actually make a specific accusation that can be refuted or questioned, say things like "Now, that's interesting, isn't it?" or "Guess who...?"

The upper levels of politics are pretty clubby and chummy. People who work on a successful political campaign tend to be those that get hired by that incoming politician. LEOs and lawyers who work on big cases tend to get tapped for other big cases. People with lots of experience in one division of the government tend to get tapped when a management slot opens up in another. They tend to make friends amongst their co-workers, and those friendships might continue after both parties have changed jobs.

It's a situation ripe for abuse and insider dealings, but it also a situation ripe for CTers to take harmless, boring coincidences and stitch them together into goofy plots in their minds.
Yeah sure, when the top leadership of the FBI is fired demoted or reassigned?
When the Inspector General is finishing up a year long report specifically about the politization of these agencies?

Sure nothing to see. LOL
Old 15th April 2018, 11:10 AM   #75
logger
Philosopher

Can’t wait to get all of Rosenstein’s facts in the Comey firing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...-fired-n865596
Old 15th April 2018, 11:10 AM   #76
Random
Master Poster

Yeah sure, when the top leadership of the FBI is fired demoted or reassigned?
When the Inspector General is finishing up a year long report specifically about the politization of these agencies?

Sure nothing to see. LOL
Your "FBI is corrupt" theory could just as easily be a "Trump is purging the government of those who are not personally loyal to him" theory...
Old 15th April 2018, 11:13 AM   #77
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Your "FBI is corrupt" theory could just as easily be a "Trump is purging the government of those who are not personally loyal to him" theory...
That's not a theory.
Old 15th April 2018, 11:14 AM   #78
logger
Philosopher

This is what your side does. No one is saying the FBI is corrupt but there is a small group of politically appointed leadership that has politicized the department for their own purpose.

Trump purging is obviously not a valid theory, guess why?
Old 15th April 2018, 11:15 AM   #79
logger
Philosopher

That's not a theory.
See this Random? Some believe in the face of facts Trump is doing this. Love it!

Last edited by logger; 15th April 2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 15th April 2018, 11:20 AM   #80
Leftus
Muse

Trump purging is obviously not a valid theory, guess why?
Trump promised to "drain the swamp" which is the same thing as a purge.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics