ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 15th April 2018, 11:24 AM   #81
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Trump promised to "drain the swamp" which is the same thing as a purge.
Trump has not purged the leadership of the FBI, except for Comey and his firing was recommended within the bureau.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 11:31 AM   #82
Leftus
Muse
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 805
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Trump has not purged the leadership of the FBI, except for Comey and his firing was recommended within the bureau.
Yes, glad to see you can see that Trump has been a failure.

The "recommendation" was written at the behest of Trump. Also, Trump stated he would have done it with or without the "recommendation" he specifically requested.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 11:37 AM   #83
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Yes, glad to see you can see that Trump has been a failure.
Lol
No that’s not what I said.
Quote:
The "recommendation" was written at the behest of Trump. Also, Trump stated he would have done it with or without the "recommendation" he specifically requested.
That’s not what Rosenstein said. Trump said that because Comey is truly incompetent. Any thoughts on the rest of the leadership or are you only going to focus on Comey?
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...-fired-n865596
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 11:39 AM   #84
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,219
Originally Posted by logger View Post
See this Random? Some believe in the face of facts Trump is doing this. Love it!
You don't understand how this works: "Trump is purging the government of those who are not personally loyal to him" is an observable fact. Adding "... because they are not personally loyal to him" would make it a danged good theory.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 11:44 AM   #85
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
You don't understand how this works: "Trump is purging the government of those who are not personally loyal to him" is an observable fact. Adding "... because they are not personally loyal to him" would make it a danged good theory.
No, that’s not it at all, especially with the FBI scandal.

It’s not even true when draining the swamp. Which most should agree with getting rid of corrupt government “workers”. Too bad most are probably left.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 11:57 AM   #86
Leftus
Muse
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 805
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Lol
No that’s not what I said.
Is he, or is he not draining the swamp?

Quote:
That’s not what Rosenstein said. Trump said that because Comey is truly incompetent. Any thoughts on the rest of the leadership or are you only going to focus on Comey?
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...-fired-n865596
Since he hasn't drained the swamp, who else can we focus on?

BTW, there are no "government workers" who are political appointees. They are all senior executives. Despite what Trump will tell you, the GS4 Mail Room clerk is not politically motivated, nor part of the "swamp." But they are the ones feeling the attempts at draining.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 12:06 PM   #87
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,219
Originally Posted by logger View Post
No, that’s not it at all, especially with the FBI scandal.
"Observable facts" does not include things that only exist on Trump TV and its affiliates.

Originally Posted by logger View Post
It’s not even true when draining the swamp. Which most should agree with getting rid of corrupt government “workers”. Too bad most are probably left.
Most trumpers seem to agree with keeping some clearly corrupt but clearly right-wing government workers in Trump's cabinet, so that doesn't look like a valid theory, either.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 12:10 PM   #88
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Is he, or is he not draining the swamp?
I don’t think you understand what the term means.


Quote:
Since he hasn't drained the swamp, who else can we focus on?

BTW, there are no "government workers" who are political appointees. They are all senior executives. Despite what Trump will tell you, the GS4 Mail Room clerk is not politically motivated, nor part of the "swamp." But they are the ones feeling the attempts at draining.
Obviously the mail room clerk isn’t the swamp.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 12:18 PM   #89
Leftus
Muse
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 805
Originally Posted by logger View Post
I don’t think you understand what the term means.
No, it's Trump that doesn't understand the term.

Quote:
Obviously the mail room clerk isn’t the swamp.
You wouldn't know that by what Trump has been trying to accomplish. And who will take the brunt of the changes. It's not those in the ES, but the GS, who he has been targeting.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 12:19 PM   #90
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
"Observable facts" does not include things that only exist on Trump TV and its affiliates.
Agreed, there are multiple investigations for your viewing.

Quote:
Most trumpers seem to agree with keeping some clearly corrupt but clearly right-wing government workers in Trump's cabinet, so that doesn't look like a valid theory, either.
Cabinet? You mean his closest trusted advisors?

Are you saying Trumps cabinet shouldn’t be right wing?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 12:31 PM   #91
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,219
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Agreed, there are multiple investigations for your viewing.



Cabinet? You mean his closest trusted advisors?

Are you saying Trumps cabinet shouldn’t be right wing?
I'm saying they shouldn't be so goddamned corrupt, and don't talk to me about "draining the swamp" until several of them are gone. Theories about why they aren't gone already are secondary.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 12:34 PM   #92
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,705
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
I'm saying they shouldn't be so goddamned corrupt, and don't talk to me about "draining the swamp" until several of them are gone. Theories about why they aren't gone already are secondary.
That includes Trump himself and his spawn, by the way. Comically corrupt, the lot of them.
__________________
Before you say something stupid about climate change, check this list.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 12:39 PM   #93
mgidm86
Illuminator
 
mgidm86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 4,799
Thanks everyone for wasting my time with this thread. Anyone who hasn't already read this thread, yet some how happened upon this post - don't waste your time.
__________________
Franklin understands certain kickbacks you obtain unfairly are legal liabilities; however, a risky deed's almost never detrimental despite extra external pressures.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 12:52 PM   #94
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: People's Democratic Republic of Planet X
Posts: 27,349
This thread is a great example of grasping for straws while one is drowning.
__________________
"Shemp, you are the one fixed point in an ever-changing universe." - Beady

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 12:56 PM   #95
WilliamSeger
Illuminator
 
WilliamSeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,219
Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Thanks everyone for wasting my time with this thread. Anyone who hasn't already read this thread, yet some how happened upon this post - don't waste your time.
Aw... bye. Maybe if some "DOJ/FBI scandal" actually materializes someone will start a better thread.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 01:02 PM   #96
Lurch
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 459
So, what do the Trump supporters do when the most corrupt administration in the history of the US has so many of its staff quit, been fired, are under investigation, indicted or have pled guilty? Members of that political party who've had criminal convictions at a rate at least 10X that of its opposition?

Why, descend to CT babbling, connecting tenuous dots in a fevered attempt to distract themselves from the nightmare of the ignominious end looming for their ill-chosen, unpopular, travesty of a President.

When they screech about the lies of others, they blithely ignore the *documented* 2,400+ lies the Liar in Chief has uttered or tweeted. Does not that single fact elicit within the blindly partisan subconscious the tiniest discomfiture at least that the their *President*, ffs, is a proven liar of the most grotesque proportion? That alone should disqualify him for any halfway aware citizen.

Oh well, what else can a guzzler of the Kool Aid do, eh? As long as the Grifter in Chief has his oily hooks in the Presidency, keep on pretending it'll all turn out fine. Just gotta root out those shadowy cabals lurking in the background, pulling the strings that are but dimly perceived yet unaccountably and potently tethered.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 03:04 PM   #97
Cabbage
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 399
It's simultaneously frightening and hilarious to see how Trump supporters demand only the smokingest of smoking guns for evidence against the Donald, while at the same time are all too eager to connect the most imaginary of dots for evidence against the Clintons and Obamas.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 03:16 PM   #98
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
It's simultaneously frightening and hilarious to see how Trump supporters demand only the smokingest of smoking guns for evidence against the Donald, while at the same time are all too eager to connect the most imaginary of dots for evidence against the Clintons and Obamas.
Cant even begin to imagine what’s imaginary about the top leadership of the FBI Being fired, demoted or reassigned.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 03:32 PM   #99
Cabbage
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 399
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Cant even begin to imagine what’s imaginary about the top leadership of the FBI Being fired, demoted or reassigned.
Oh, that's every bit as real as Donnie Jr meeting Russians in Trump Tower to get dirt on Hillary. The imaginary parts are in the details.

But you knew that already.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 03:32 PM   #100
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
The small group is obviously involved with the Cohen raid. Propaganda has already started to Leak.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ropaganda-war/
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 03:41 PM   #101
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,513
Originally Posted by logger View Post
The small group is obviously involved with the Cohen raid. Propaganda has already started to Leak.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ropaganda-war/
Talk about koo koo conspiracy theories and ridiculous son. This has it all.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 03:50 PM   #102
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,513
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
It's simultaneously frightening and hilarious to see how Trump supporters demand only the smokingest of smoking guns for evidence against the Donald, while at the same time are all too eager to connect the most imaginary of dots for evidence against the Clintons and Obamas.
It shows they were and are not really interested in corruption. Now I'm not saying Obama and Clinton never made mistakes. They did. I mean Obama wore a tan suit and Hillary cleaned out her email inbox. How bad is that?
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 06:05 PM   #103
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
It shows they were and are not really interested in corruption. Now I'm not saying Obama and Clinton never made mistakes. They did. I mean Obama wore a tan suit and Hillary cleaned out her email inbox. How bad is that?
Yes, they are only looking out for the people. Like McCabe and Comey keep telling everyone they did a wonderful job, people will eventually see how much integrity is boiling out of them.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 06:06 PM   #104
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Talk about koo koo conspiracy theories and ridiculous son. This has it all.
Possibly coo coo, but we’ll have to see where it lands. With this government, anything is possible!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 06:11 PM   #105
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,513
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Yes, they are only looking out for the people. Like McCabe and Comey keep telling everyone they did a wonderful job, people will eventually see how much integrity is boiling out of them.
You're only upset at them because they threaten the image of your sleaze and he wants you to.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 06:12 PM   #106
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,513
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Possibly coo coo, but we’ll have to see where it lands. With this government, anything is possible!
You mean Trump? I agree.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 07:21 PM   #107
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
You're only upset at them because they threaten the image of your sleaze and he wants you to.
Why do you continue to make this personal? I know he’s a sleaze, but he’s putting forth the policies I like.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 07:32 PM   #108
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,513
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Why do you continue to make this personal? I know he’s a sleaze, but he’s putting forth the policies I like.
It's not personal.

The fact is you're apologizing for Trump and carrying his water for him. You're not outraged that Comey handed the election to Trump. Trump calls Comey a liar and slimey and that he should be in jail and you're right there joining in as his chorus. When there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to think Comey lied about his interactions with Trump. None.

You're not contributing to this thread by saying I want the wall and I like my tax cut. No, youre attacking Comey and McCabe and pretending it is because of actions against Hillary. If it was policy that drove you,you wouldnt be tagging anyone and everyone with a different position as liberal as if that says something.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 07:42 PM   #109
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Wow, this just posted!

What is the Inspector General going to uncover? This is explosive stuff. I remember the rumor about what was on Weiners laptop.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e/#more-148094
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 07:56 PM   #110
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,513
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Wow, this just posted!

What is the Inspector General going to uncover? This is explosive stuff. I remember the rumor about what was on Weiners laptop.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e/#more-148094
Koo Koo's tree house is more like it. You gotta want to taste the swill they're peddling on this website. Good luck with that.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 08:02 PM   #111
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Wow here’s another straight out of the IG’s report. More about McCabe and th3 Clinton Foundation.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/15/fb...investigation/
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 08:17 PM   #112
newyorkguy
Philosopher
 
newyorkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 9,440
Found this on Fox News:
Quote:
In his first TV interview since being fired by President Trump, former FBI Director James Comey came out swinging, describing Trump as “morally unfit to be president,” and an ego-driven serial liar who treats women like “meat.” Fox News link

'k
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 08:36 PM   #113
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17,513
Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Found this on Fox News:

Quote:
In his first TV interview since being fired by President Trump, former FBI Director James Comey came out swinging, describing Trump as “morally unfit to be president,” and an ego-driven serial liar who treats women like “meat.” Fox News link
'k
Unfortunately, this isn't news. Anyone with any sense and any moral scruples at all should already know this.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2018, 09:51 PM   #114
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher
 
Cl1mh4224rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,742
Originally Posted by logger View Post
When is someone from journalism going to write a book about this timeline? At least it would be a great read on government corruption.

You don't seem too interested. I mean, that sounds like a real money-making opportunity, but despite believing that you, personally, have enough information to blow the conspiracy wide open, you'd rather someone else have the fame and fortune?

Or is there something else you expect the author of such a book to acquire? Something less pleasant?
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 12:29 AM   #115
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,263
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Pretend? It has fascinating similarities, but what he was talking about was clearly underway. Wouldn’t you agree?
He was talking about every eligable American who didn't vote for Trump uniting to protect democracy. No, unfortunately, I don't agree that that's underway.

Quote:
Because he shouldn’t have announced it publicly. How do you not understand this?
That's just re-stating the assertion, not explaining how it "covers his ass".

In what way did publicly announcing the existence of the Clinton investigation "cover his ass" and protect him from his own incompetence?
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 12:32 AM   #116
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,263
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Yeah sure, when the top leadership of the FBI is fired demoted or reassigned?
When the Inspector General is finishing up a year long report specifically about the politization of these agencies?

Sure nothing to see. LOL
If your hypothesis is that the existence of an investigation implies the truth behind what is being investigated, then you must believe that Trump conspired with Russia to win the election, given that there have been so many guilty pleas and indictments, and that this investigation isn't finishing up yet and has been going on for 2 years.

Or, of course, if you don't believe that, then you are proving you think the line of reasoning above is bollocks.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 02:45 AM   #117
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
If your hypothesis is that the existence of an investigation implies the truth behind what is being investigated, then you must believe that Trump conspired with Russia to win the election, given that there have been so many guilty pleas and indictments, and that this investigation isn't finishing up yet and has been going on for 2 years.

Or, of course, if you don't believe that, then you are proving you think the line of reasoning above is bollocks.
The investigation is just about over, we’re already getting the results.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 02:47 AM   #118
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,263
In what way did publicly announcing the existence of the Clinton investigation "cover [Comey's] ass" and protect him from his own incompetence?
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 03:12 AM   #119
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
In what way did publicly announcing the existence of the Clinton investigation "cover [Comey's] ass" and protect him from his own incompetence?
By annoucing the reopening of the investigation, so more damaging information wouldn’t come out, I’d say is incompetence and corrupt. It also looks like he was covering for Lynch and Hillary too.

Where are those 650 thousand very damaging emails squeegee beckenheim?



https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e/#more-148094
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 03:20 AM   #120
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,263
Originally Posted by logger View Post
The investigation is just about over, we’re already getting the results.
And the Mueller investigation still has a ways to go, and we've already had results.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.