ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 16th April 2018, 03:26 AM   #121
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,252
Originally Posted by logger View Post
By annoucing the reopening of the investigation, so more damaging information wouldn’t come out, I’d say is incompetence and corrupt.
What damaging information do you believe was prevented from coming out, and how do you imagine publicly announcing the re-opening of the investigation prevented it from coming out?

Quote:
It also looks like he was covering for Lynch and Hillary too.
How so?

Quote:
Where are those 650 thousand very damaging emails squeegee beckenheim?
What do you mean where are they? They were found on Weiner's laptop, investigated, and found to contain no more information than the FBI already had on Clinton.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/08/u...bi-emails.html
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 03:54 AM   #122
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
What damaging information do you believe was prevented from coming out,

What do you mean where are they?
In Comeys book

“Had it become public, the unverified material would undoubtedly have been used by political opponents to cast serious doubt on the attorney general’s independence in connection with the Clinton investigation,” Comey writes, according to ABC. He calls the material a “development still unknown to the American public to this day.”
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 04:09 AM   #123
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,252
Originally Posted by logger View Post
In Comeys book

“Had it become public, the unverified material would undoubtedly have been used by political opponents to cast serious doubt on the attorney general’s independence in connection with the Clinton investigation,” Comey writes, according to ABC. He calls the material a “development still unknown to the American public to this day.”
Your belief is that Comey has authored a book in which he destroys the only thing that was "covering his ass", and is thereby deliberately telling the world he is incompetent? Why do you suppose he would have done that?
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 04:19 AM   #124
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Your belief is that Comey has authored a book in which he destroys the only thing that was "covering his ass", and is thereby deliberately telling the world he is incompetent? Why do you suppose he would have done that?
What do you think this damaging information is that has yet to come out?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 04:37 AM   #125
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,252
Originally Posted by logger View Post
What do you think this damaging information is that has yet to come out?
What do you think it is, and how do you think announcing the existence of the Clinton investigation hides it and thereby Comey's incompetence?
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 05:06 AM   #126
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
What do you think it is, and how do you think announcing the existence of the Clinton investigation hides it and thereby Comey's incompetence?
In Comeys book he talks about damaging things that have yet to come out. What do you think those are?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 05:09 AM   #127
fuelair
Suspended
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 57,679
Worse stuff about trumpf that will finally destroy it. Which would be fine by me as trumpf needs wiping.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 05:55 AM   #128
Cleon
King of the Pod People
 
Cleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 25,655
Originally Posted by logger View Post
In Comeys book he talks about damaging things that have yet to come out. What do you think those are?
When did you get a chance to read it?
__________________
"People like me are what stand between us and Auschwitz." - Newt Gingrich
Cleon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:05 AM   #129
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,252
Originally Posted by logger View Post
In Comeys book he talks about damaging things that have yet to come out. What do you think those are?
What I'm presently trying to get to the bottom of is how you think that Comey announcing the re-opening of the investigation into Hillary Clinton "covered his ass". That's a claim you made a page or two back, and you've yet to explain how it even makes sense.

Let's get to the bottom of that before getting into discussing the minutiae of a passage of a book which neither of us have read, which discusses information that is not in the public domain, or whether your characterisation of that passage is fair.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:16 AM   #130
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 24,875
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
What I'm presently trying to get to the bottom of is how you think that Comey announcing the re-opening of the investigation into Hillary Clinton "covered his ass". That's a claim you made a page or two back, and you've yet to explain how it even makes sense.

Let's get to the bottom of that before getting into discussing the minutiae of a passage of a book which neither of us have read, which discusses information that is not in the public domain, or whether your characterisation of that passage is fair.
Because Congress had discovered that McCabe was sitting on the Weiner laptop, and therefore in order to avoid being exposed by Congress he announced the reopening of the investigation.

He did not do it voluntarily he did it because his hand was forced
__________________
Timely reminder: "Please, Please Stop Sharing Seth Abramson’s Very Bad Tweets" Not once, not ever
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:25 AM   #131
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 30,724
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Here’s a good summary of this scandal that has it all. With the added bonus of the Clintons.

https://www.investorvillage.com/smbd...g&mid=18186731
This is a phenomenon I like to call "I done my research."

"I done my research" has nothing to do with learning everything one can about a topic from a creditable source. Instead, it means searching the darkest corners fo the internet to find a source, usually an anonymous blog, that confirms the position one wants to be true and, having found it on the internet, one becomes convinced that it shows they were correct all along.

The corollary is "If you done your research..." wherein one believes that others would naturally come to the same opinion that they have if only they would arbitrarily cherry-pick sources from the darkest corners fo the internet in the same way, not realizing that the sources are cherry-picked based on the desired conclusion not the reliability of the sources. If someone comes to a different conclusion, they clearly have not "done their research".
__________________
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." -- Sherlock Holmes.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain, maybe.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:26 AM   #132
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 11,889
Originally Posted by logger View Post
In Comeys book he talks about damaging things that have yet to come out. What do you think those are?
Since the book has not even been published yet, then it is difficult for one to determine what is in the book.

__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:31 AM   #133
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
What I'm presently trying to get to the bottom of is how you think that Comey announcing the re-opening of the investigation into Hillary Clinton "covered his ass". That's a claim you made a page or two back, and you've yet to explain how it even makes sense.

Let's get to the bottom of that before getting into discussing the minutiae of a passage of a book which neither of us have read, which discusses information that is not in the public domain, or whether your characterisation of that passage is fair.
I think it’s easy to see how incompetent Comey is and that covering his ass was usually a priority. But it’s also irrelevant to the current news.

I’d rather discuss what is currently going on with this DOJ/FBI scandal that you seem to think doesn’t exist.

For instance, this
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...andrew-mccabe/

Were you able to find time to read this? You said the NY Times has already explained to us what the 650 thousand emails were about, yet Comey talks about something explosive that the american people don’t even know yet.

Do you think Lynch with her tarmac meeting and now this revelation that she used leverage against the NYPD to drop the Weiner laptop email bombshell, was covering for Clinton?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:32 AM   #134
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,252
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Because Congress had discovered that McCabe was sitting on the Weiner laptop, and therefore in order to avoid being exposed by Congress he announced the reopening of the investigation.

He did not do it voluntarily he did it because his hand was forced
You seem to be talking about McCabe here, not Comey.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:33 AM   #135
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Since the book has not even been published yet, then it is difficult for one to determine what is in the book.

You can check the transcript from ABC news?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:35 AM   #136
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
This is a phenomenon I like to call "I done my research."

"I done my research" has nothing to do with learning everything one can about a topic from a creditable source. Instead, it means searching the darkest corners fo the internet to find a source, usually an anonymous blog, that confirms the position one wants to be true and, having found it on the internet, one becomes convinced that it shows they were correct all along.

The corollary is "If you done your research..." wherein one believes that others would naturally come to the same opinion that they have if only they would arbitrarily cherry-pick sources from the darkest corners fo the internet in the same way, not realizing that the sources are cherry-picked based on the desired conclusion not the reliability of the sources. If someone comes to a different conclusion, they clearly have not "done their research".
Instead of complaining about my links. Put something up that agrees or counters it. That’s how a discussion works.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:36 AM   #137
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 11,889
Originally Posted by logger View Post
You can check the transcript from ABC news?
And the transcript of an interview is not the same thing as the book.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:37 AM   #138
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
You seem to be talking about McCabe here, not Comey.
No, he’s clearly talking about Comey. Comey obviously was also concerned about Clinton being exposed by the NYPD.

Do you agree with that?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:38 AM   #139
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
And the transcript of an interview is not the same thing as the book.
Correct, it is Comey’s actual words talking about his book, Oh my!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:41 AM   #140
lomiller
Philosopher
 
lomiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,034
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Because Congress had discovered that McCabe was sitting on the Weiner laptop, and therefore in order to avoid being exposed by Congress he announced the reopening of the investigation.

He did not do it voluntarily he did it because his hand was forced
Except we now know that, much like the rest of the investigation, nothing of substance came from the laptop. None of it was anything more political rhetoric to Republicans are using to control the sheep.
__________________
"Anything's possible, but only a few things actually happen"
lomiller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:42 AM   #141
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by lomiller View Post
Except we now know that, much like the rest of the investigation, nothing of substance came from the laptop. None of it was anything more political rhetoric to Republicans are using to control the sheep.
You only know it from the left wing contemptible NY times.

Try this
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...andrew-mccabe/
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:46 AM   #142
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,705
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
This is a phenomenon I like to call "I done my research."

"I done my research" has nothing to do with learning everything one can about a topic from a creditable source. Instead, it means searching the darkest corners fo the internet to find a source, usually an anonymous blog, that confirms the position one wants to be true and, having found it on the internet, one becomes convinced that it shows they were correct all along.

The corollary is "If you done your research..." wherein one believes that others would naturally come to the same opinion that they have if only they would arbitrarily cherry-pick sources from the darkest corners fo the internet in the same way, not realizing that the sources are cherry-picked based on the desired conclusion not the reliability of the sources. If someone comes to a different conclusion, they clearly have not "done their research".
This needs to be a thing.
__________________
Before you say something stupid about climate change, check this list.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:47 AM   #143
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 11,889
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Correct, it is Comey’s actual words talking about his book, Oh my!
And talking about a book is not the same thing as the book itself.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:57 AM   #144
lomiller
Philosopher
 
lomiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,034
Originally Posted by logger View Post
You only know it from the left wing contemptible NY times.
You do realize that calling someone “left wing” doesn’t make them guilty of anything, even of they are actually left wing, which in this case they are not. Demanding criminal prosecution based on political labels, however, is about as Anti-democracy, Anti-Constitution and by extension Anti-American as it gets. (You should consider emerging to Russia, it seems more your speed)
__________________
"Anything's possible, but only a few things actually happen"
lomiller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 06:59 AM   #145
Random
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 2,944
Originally Posted by logger View Post
In Comeys book

“Had it become public, the unverified material would undoubtedly have been used by political opponents to cast serious doubt on the attorney general’s independence in connection with the Clinton investigation,” Comey writes, according to ABC. He calls the material a “development still unknown to the American public to this day.”
You know, he doesn't actually say that the material is damaging, just that it would be used by political opponents. Considering the unicorn fart Uranium One scandal, it seems quite possible that we are talking about something insignificant, but which could be twisted into apparent significance. Not to mention the whole "unverified" aspect.

The fact that the Trumpies have not seen to its leaking out on their own would tend to indicate that.
__________________
"...Am I actually watching Big Bird argue with the Egyptian God of the Dead? Is PBS sending some kind of weird religious message here?"
Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 07:08 AM   #146
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 30,724
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Instead of complaining about my links. Put something up that agrees or counters it. That’s how a discussion works.
Counters what? There is no actual argument to counter or agree, just innuendo and JAQ'ing off. That's the point. It doesn't actually put anything together, just piles random things into a lump.
__________________
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." -- Sherlock Holmes.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain, maybe.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 07:32 AM   #147
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by lomiller View Post
You do realize that calling someone “left wing” doesn’t make them guilty of anything, even of they are actually left wing, which in this case they are not. Demanding criminal prosecution based on political labels, however, is about as Anti-democracy, Anti-Constitution and by extension Anti-American as it gets. (You should consider emerging to Russia, it seems more your speed)
Demanding criminal prosecution? Lol

Calling them left wing shows their bias so their reporting obviously can’t be trusted when telling us, “nothing to see here move along”
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 07:34 AM   #148
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Counters what? There is no actual argument to counter or agree, just innuendo and JAQ'ing off. That's the point. It doesn't actually put anything together, just piles random things into a lump.
We’re discussing the DOJ/FBI scandal, if you feel there is nothing to counter or discuss, that’s fine by me. I on the other hand do like discussing it.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 07:36 AM   #149
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 11,889
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Demanding criminal prosecution? Lol

Calling them left wing shows their bias so their reporting obviously can’t be trusted when telling us, “nothing to see here move along”
It that is the case, then since you are so very biased yourself, therefore none of us should believe you either.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 07:37 AM   #150
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 24,875
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
You seem to be talking about McCabe here, not Comey.
i am talking about Comey! Not McCabe

Originally Posted by lomiller View Post
Except we now know that, much like the rest of the investigation, nothing of substance came from the laptop. None of it was anything more political rhetoric to Republicans are using to control the sheep.
Comey claimed that "nothing of substance" came from the laptop, which we know is false for the simple reason that the laptop contained emails containing classified materials. Talking about using rhetoric to control the sheep....
__________________
Timely reminder: "Please, Please Stop Sharing Seth Abramson’s Very Bad Tweets" Not once, not ever

Last edited by The Big Dog; 16th April 2018 at 07:48 AM. Reason: typed the wrong person's name like a goof
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 07:40 AM   #151
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 30,724
Originally Posted by logger View Post
We’re discussing the DOJ/FBI scandal
Can you articulate what exactly that scandal is? The blog post you linked/copied didn't actually do that.
__________________
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." -- Sherlock Holmes.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain, maybe.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 07:49 AM   #152
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
It that is the case, then since you are so very biased yourself, therefore none of us should believe you either.
Lol

I’ve never asked you to believe me, which is why I put up the links to discuss!
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 07:54 AM   #153
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Can you articulate what exactly that scandal is? The blog post you linked/copied didn't actually do that.
Yes, the politization of the DOJ/FBI

Why is it that you couldn’t figure that out? Have you not been following this? Did you know there’s been a year long investigation by the Inspector General? Who has had two outside prosecutors assigned to the case? Did you know he has started to release those findings, starting with the lies of Andrew McCabe?

I think you need to start here.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com.../the-big-ugly/
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 08:05 AM   #154
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 11,889
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Lol

I’ve never asked you to believe me, which is why I put up the links to discuss!
Well then, you do not have anything to worry about since virtually no one here does believe any of your various statements.
__________________
On 28 JUN 2018 'yuno44907' said: "I am god and you have to help me."
On 03 JUL 2018 'yuno44907' got banned from the Forum.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 08:13 AM   #155
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,355
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Yes, the politization of the DOJ/FBI

Why is it that you couldn’t figure that out? Have you not been following this? Did you know there’s been a year long investigation by the Inspector General? Who has had two outside prosecutors assigned to the case? Did you know he has started to release those findings, starting with the lies of Andrew McCabe?

I think you need to start here.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com.../the-big-ugly/
This is a quote, with some naming of the speakers, from the Atlantic

Quote:
“McCabe’s disclosure was an attempt to make himself look good by making senior department leadership … look bad,” the report reads. The disclosure “may have served McCabe’s personal interests” because it rebutted public allegations, reported in the Journal days before, that he tried to slow-walk the investigation. But “it did so at the expense of undermining public confidence in the Department as a whole,” the IG said.
McCabe's had nothing to do with politicization. He lied (allegedly) about a leak that pointed out he wasn't acting politically and he did it for personal interest.

That report does not support the idea that the organisation is politicised.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 08:22 AM   #156
Stacko
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,647
A year and a half is a long time:
Astonished by the all-out assault on Comey by Team Clinton. Suggesting he is a partisan interfering with the election is dangerous & unfair.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 08:38 AM   #157
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy
 
Upchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 30,724
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Yes, the politization of the DOJ/FBI

Why is it that you couldn’t figure that out? Have you not been following this? Did you know there’s been a year long investigation by the Inspector General? Who has had two outside prosecutors assigned to the case? Did you know he has started to release those findings, starting with the lies of Andrew McCabe?
Okay, you asked a lot of questions, but you didn't actually articulate what the scandal is. Can you?

Originally Posted by logger View Post
You're response is to link to another anonymous blog and telling me to do my research?
__________________
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact." -- Sherlock Holmes.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." -- Mark Twain, maybe.
Upchurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 08:51 AM   #158
logger
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,145
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Okay, you asked a lot of questions, but you didn't actually articulate what the scandal is. Can you?


You're response is to link to another anonymous blog and telling me to do my research?
It would be a good place for you to start since there is so much.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 08:53 AM   #159
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,252
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
i am talking about Comey! Not McCabe
You used the word "McCabe". Or is the contention now that Comey wasn't covering his own "ass", he was covering McCabe's?
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2018, 08:54 AM   #160
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20,252
Originally Posted by logger View Post
No, he’s clearly talking about Comey. Comey obviously was also concerned about Clinton being exposed by the NYPD.
You asserted that Comey was covering his own "ass". I'm trying to get you to explain how you think his actions would have done that.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:42 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.