IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Capitol riot , donald trump , protest incidents , Trump controversies , Washington DC incidents

Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM   #2681
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
From your link:
Quote:
Alex Lee, director of the Doc Edge International Documentary Film Festival, told RadioLIVE on Friday the Auckland screening of the film will go ahead, despite the possibility of more protests.
Yes, bomb threats are bad. But they apparently screened the film regardless. Who was the victim of “cancel culture” in this incident?
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM   #2682
johnny karate

No

It is when I either side do it to me.

And it is ****** up either way.
Do you think the boycotts of the American Civil Rights era are “****** up”?
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM   #2683
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Mod WarningDiscussion about the actual event seems to have tailed off. Please take discussions such as those about insulting and other terms to more appropriate threads.
Posted By:zooterkin
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:31 AM   #2684
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Last chance for most of these people is a Trump pardon. No Jan6 rioters were pardoned in the overnight list sent out by the outgoing Trump admin.

Barring a last minute miracle, these people are totally ******.

About 2 hrs left for the CHUDs looking at federal prison time.
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM   #2685
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I agree with the having to have a trendy new name for it.

It is turning into a mine field trying to have to work out the new acronyms on this and the trans thread alone, let alone your average person who doesn't bother.

Recent example. This chud thing.

I mean, hey it makes the poster in question feel hip, with the lingo and cool probably, but get over yourself.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Agree on that last. It's clear enough what people are referring to with "CHUD" and presumably it refers back to an old horror movie about creatures who lived in sewers, but I don't quite know why it was revived.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:42 AM   #2686
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
Mod WarningDiscussion about the actual event seems to have tailed off. Please take discussions such as those about insulting and other terms to more appropriate threads.
Posted By:zooterkin
New thread...

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=349092
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM   #2687
johnny karate

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
From your link:

Yes, bomb threats are bad. But they apparently screened the film regardless. Who was the victim of “cancel culture” in this incident?
Do you think the boycotts of the American Civil Rights era are “****** up”?
Taking this discussion here:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...7#post13367647
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #2688
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

And just like like, the Jan6 rioters have become soldiers of a lost cause.

Don't worry CHUDs, dear leader may have abandoned you, but the federal government has not forgotten you.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; Yesterday at 10:20 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM   #2689
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Joe Biggs, organizer of fascist Proud Boys, arrested for role in Jan 6 Capitol riot.

Biggs is notably charged with "impeding an official preceding", a charge that carries the potential for much more prison time than the "unlawful entry" charges we've seen for many of these people. He is also charged with unlawful entry.

Probable cause statement here: https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/fi...0Complaint.pdf

It points out that Biggs was photographed with an earpiece and was likely communicating with others in real time.
Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM   #2690
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Man seen trying to crush cop with door in famous video has been arrested and charged. He is charged with assaulting a police officer in addition to the other typical charges we see for unlawful entry into the capitol.

Emily Gorcenski points out that this is the first document from the feds that shows still shots from the Capitol building's security cameras.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1357246/download
Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM   #2691
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Man seen trying to crush cop with door in famous video has been arrested and charged. He is charged with assaulting a police officer in addition to the other typical charges we see for unlawful entry into the capitol.

Emily Gorcenski points out that this is the first document from the feds that shows still shots from the Capitol building's security cameras.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1357246/download
Oh, and they appear to be very clear.... augers well for identifying more of these CHUDS
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #2692
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

From your link:

You see cullennz? This is what you get when you post links without reading and understanding what they say... embarrassment.
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; Yesterday at 02:20 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #2693
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Man seen trying to crush cop with door in famous video has been arrested and charged.
Quote:
W-1 provided a cell phone number associated with MCCAUGHEY of 203-770- . Your affiant queried law enforcement database records and 203-770- appears to be registered to MCCAUGHEY’s mother and serviced by AT&T.
Anyone wanna bet he ain't living in mom's basement too?

Laughing my ass off as Trump's brown shirts are rounded up, one by one.

Last edited by AJM8125; Yesterday at 01:36 PM.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:48 PM   #2694
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
But, as has been said, propaganda played a significant role in the defeat of the Axis. Look at some of the US anti-Japanese material and you'll find worse than "CHUD".
Personally I rather like "Together we shall strangle Hitlerism", very applicable to today.
I refer you to my earlier response:

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Yes, buuuuut...

Part of the purpose of wartime propaganda is to dehumanise the enemy, so that your people won't feel so bad about killing them.

ETA: Also, we're not at war. Yet.
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #2695
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
A lot of scholars believe that a large part of why the KKK wnt into a significant dive in popularity in the 1940s was because a Superman radio series took the piss out of them.
it's quite a story.
A Journalist had gone underground and joined the Klan, and fed the writers of the Superman show inside information, like the Super Secret Klan password for that week.which was used on the Radio Show. That drove the Klan mad,having their ultra hush passwords broadcast for the whole world to hear.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:19 PM   #2696
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
You see cullennz? This is what you get when you post links without reading and understanding what they say... embarrassment.
I know they went ahead with it.

What difference does it make to me answering the point about an example of them acting illegally?

.......... embarrassing

2007 https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna16911044
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM   #2697
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Another cop nabbed -

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-find-n1254911

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1357336/download

AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM   #2698
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Last chance for most of these people is a Trump pardon. No Jan6 rioters were pardoned in the overnight list sent out by the outgoing Trump admin.

Barring a last minute miracle, these people are totally ******.

About 2 hrs left for the CHUDs looking at federal prison time.
Deadline's past, no pardons for all those people under the bus, Trump has to pretend he didn't instigate them, they did it on their own.
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #2699
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Oh my god, this is priceless.

The officer, Tam Phlam, first denies that he went into the Capitol, then when FBI finds deleted selfies on his phone, he says he went inside to look at the artwork.

Real conviction, these dildos have. Strong sense of righteousness in the Revolution.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM   #2700
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

I know they went ahead with it.

What difference does it make to me answering the point about an example of them acting illegally?

.......... embarrassing
Fail, but nice try though.

You were asked who or what was "cancelled". The answer in this case was, of course, no-one, as johnny karate pointed out.
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM   #2701
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
it's quite a story.
A Journalist had gone underground and joined the Klan, and fed the writers of the Superman show inside information, like the Super Secret Klan password for that week.which was used on the Radio Show. That drove the Klan mad,having their ultra hush passwords broadcast for the whole world to hear.
Wow, that's really interesting.
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #2702
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Oh my god, this is priceless.

The officer, Tam Phlam, first denies that he went into the Capitol, then when FBI finds deleted selfies on his phone, he says he went inside to look at the artwork.

Real conviction, these dildos have. Strong sense of righteousness in the Revolution.
Going over a toppled fence, around a barricade and through a broken down door, that is. It is the way of all art aficionados everywhere, I'm told.

Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #2703
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Additional arrests today:

Samuel Camargo

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1357291/download

Karl Dresch

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1357311/download

Jesus Rivera

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1357281/download

All screwed themselves on social media.

Last edited by AJM8125; Yesterday at 06:50 PM. Reason: One more!
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #2704
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

The poor petals. My heart bleeds.

Some QAnon followers lose hope after inauguration

Quote:
"I don't think this is supposed to happen," one QAnon follower posted as Joe Biden was sworn in.

Some QAnon conspiracy theorists, in public and private internet forums and chat rooms, were despondent Wednesday as their prophecy of an Inauguration Day coup to keep Donald Trump in power failed again as President Joe Biden was sworn into office.

The situation left some QAnon adherents with no choice but to write off the conspiracy theory entirely, but others continued to maintain that it was still developing.

QAnon supporters believed Wednesday's inauguration was an elaborate trap set by the former president, wherein Democrats would be rounded up and executed while Trump retained power. Various other doomsdays theorized by the QAnon community have also come and gone without incident.

But in contrast with the events of those days, Biden's inauguration leaves the community with little daylight. As their predictions failed to come true, radicalized QAnon members expressed their sense of betrayal on messaging apps like Telegram and forums named after their failed doomsday scenario, The Great Awakening.

While Biden took the oath, a top post on a QAnon forum read "I don't think this is supposed to happen" and wondered, "How long does it take the fed to run up the stairs and arrest him?"

Other users became immediately dejected, realizing that their dreams of a bloody coup were not going to be realized.

"Anyone else feeling beyond let down?" a top post on a popular QAnon forum read. "It's like being a kid and seeing the big gift under the tree thinking it is exactly what you want only to open it and realize it was a lump of coal."
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #2705
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Additional arrests today:

Samuel Camargo

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1357291/download

Karl Dresch

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1357311/download

Jesus Rivera

https://www.justice.gov/opa/page/file/1357281/download

All screwed themselves on social media.

In the eventual film about the Capitol Putsch, this rounding up of the participants by the FBI is going to be a montage set to a whimsically-ironic song choice.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #2706
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
In the eventual film about the Capitol Putsch, this rounding up of the participants by the FBI is going to be a montage set to a whimsically-ironic song choice.
YMCA?
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM   #2707
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Theme song from Rawhide...
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM   #2708
eerok
Quixoticist

QAnons will have the settle for The Great Fakening, which sums up all their ridiculous, dead-end fantasies.
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #2709
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Awwwww! Da poor widdle snowflakes. Their feelings must be sooooo hurt...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM   #2710
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Awwwww! Da poor widdle snowflakes. Their feelings must be sooooo hurt...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Might I suggest they cry into a My Pillow? I've heard they can be picked up on the cheap these days.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events