ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Greece incidents , Greece issues

Old 13th September 2019, 12:31 PM   #81
Thermal
Philosopher

In the US, it goes more often like so:

MOVE, in the ironically named Philadelphia, PA: You can't tell us what to do!
Police: burns entire block to ground
USA: ...wait, what happened?

Also, anyone looking so much as sideways at a cop:
Police: BANG BANG BANG BANG
USA: you guys hear something?
Old 13th September 2019, 12:48 PM   #82
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Also, anyone looking so much as sideways at a cop:
Police: BANG BANG BANG BANG
USA: you guys hear something?
That happened once in Exarchia on 6 December 2008, where the cops executed 15 year old Alexandros Grigoropoulos. Led to generalized insurrection across Greece ("over 300 banks and luxury shops had burned and parliament had been besieged" from some post above) as well as solidarity riots in 70 cities all over the world.

Every year since a memorial service has been held on 6 december. One part, during the day, a demonstration at the place he was killed. The other part, during the night, consisting of "raining fire" on the MAT forces stationed at the perimeter of the district (where they used to be before the recent occupation) to remind them of what happens if they do that again. They haven't shot anyone since.

Just a couple weeks ago the cop who killed Alexis was released, even though he was sentenced to life, leading to more tensions:
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin

Last edited by caveman1917; 13th September 2019 at 01:00 PM.
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2019, 02:01 PM   #83
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by caveman1917 View Post
That happened once in Exarchia on 6 December 2008, where the cops executed 15 year old Alexandros Grigoropoulos. Led to generalized insurrection across Greece ("over 300 banks and luxury shops had burned and parliament had been besieged" from some post above) as well as solidarity riots in 70 cities all over the world.

Every year since a memorial service has been held on 6 december. One part, during the day, a demonstration at the place he was killed. The other part, during the night, consisting of "raining fire" on the MAT forces stationed at the perimeter of the district (where they used to be before the recent occupation) to remind them of what happens if they do that again. They haven't shot anyone since.

Just a couple weeks ago the cop who killed Alexis was released, even though he was sentenced to life, leading to more tensions:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
And in the States, police kling people doesn't even warrant headlines. Seems we like it. Or are not outraged beyond a Facebook like, anyway
Old 13th September 2019, 02:26 PM   #84
caveman1917
Philosopher

And in the States, police kling people doesn't even warrant headlines. Seems we like it. Or are not outraged beyond a Facebook like, anyway
It only doesn't warrant headlines because it happens so often, which begs the question, why do you let it happen so often? I think the answer is lack of class consciousness.
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2019, 02:29 PM   #85
Thermal
Philosopher

It only doesn't warrant headlines because it happens so often, which begs the question, why do you let it happen so often? I think the answer is lack of class consciousness.
That, or there is some truth to the maxim that people don't mind being slaves if they are fat and entertained.
Old 13th September 2019, 02:44 PM   #86
caveman1917
Philosopher

That, or there is some truth to the maxim that people don't mind being slaves if they are fat and entertained.
There certainly is some truth to that, but poverty and inequality increases even in the US, and Aristotle also had a point:

As did Diogenes when he told the emperor to get out of his damn sunlight already (told MAT forces to get out of their damn neighbourhood already, in the modern version).
Old 13th September 2019, 03:33 PM   #87
Thermal
Philosopher

True. The poor in America can be fat and entertained, though, but impoverished in the more substantial ways. Even our poor are cheering their football teams and have a McDonald's around the corner.

I think the difference here is that we are...used to...a boot calling the shots. Its so ingrained in the culture that it's like the sun rising in the east. I mean, we have concentration camps now, with people tut tutting, but no open revolt at the implications.

Eta: I always thought a lack of a sense of community (and maybe more importantly, commonality) was the base problem with our tolerance of what happens to 'others'

Last edited by Thermal; 13th September 2019 at 03:42 PM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2019, 05:18 PM   #88
caveman1917
Philosopher

True. The poor in America can be fat and entertained, though, but impoverished in the more substantial ways. Even our poor are cheering their football teams and have a McDonald's around the corner.
Nothing wrong with cheering for football teams. Seems though that in the US the football teams are all right-wing (liberal-nationalist to far-right nationalist) given their use of symbols during the events (national flag, national anthem, etc). You don't really see left-wing teams much, like this:
I AGREE

(the above is from Liège in Belgium, which incidentally has a self-managed social center that was going to be evicted last Tuesday, but a mobilization of over a hundred people who showed up in front of the squat made the cops decide it would be too much of a bother and they went away again. Resistance works )

Quote:
I think the difference here is that we are...used to...a boot calling the shots. Its so ingrained in the culture that it's like the sun rising in the east. I mean, we have concentration camps now, with people tut tutting, but no open revolt at the implications.
That's the thing about this whole Exarchia thing as well, it's basically just the government capturing migrants to throw them into concentration camps for no real reason whatsoever.

Quote:
Eta: I always thought a lack of a sense of community (and maybe more importantly, commonality) was the base problem with our tolerance of what happens to 'others'
I think the problem is too much of a sense of community, which includes the ruling class, as opposed to a sense of class consciousness. That commonality is not found in community but in shared class interest.
Old 14th September 2019, 08:53 AM   #89
caveman1917
Philosopher

A demonstration of 4000-7000 people against the State repression took place near parliament in Athens. (from the facebook page of K*Vox). The demonstration ended in Exarchia where some minor clashes took place with the MAT occupation forces. Yesterday the cops have removed all the garbage containers from Exarchia, which are usually the material barricades are made out of. Presumably to attempt to sabotage the solidarity from the neighbourhood's residents since now the only real barricade material left is the cars, and people don't really like it if you use their car for a barricade.
Old 14th September 2019, 10:34 AM   #90
caveman1917
Philosopher

While we're discussing political philosophy for a moment anyway:

they have no actual right to be in anyway
What you're missing is that property rights are a spook.
Originally Posted by Max Stirner
Whoever knows how to take, to defend, the thing, to him belongs property.
(I'll bet you a crate of beer that you'll find the above Stirner quote written on the walls of Exarchia as well. It is a literate neighbourhood after all, no wonder the liberals and the fash want its writings removed)

Last edited by caveman1917; 14th September 2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 14th September 2019, 04:44 PM   #91
caveman1917
Philosopher

A demonstration of 4000-7000 people against the State repression took place near parliament in Athens.
In Nantes, France as well at the same time. Video
Originally Posted by Nantes Révoltée
Saturday 14 September in Nantes, in a few numbers:

- 30° in the shade
- 2 military tanks
- 1 stolen lobster
- 11 preventive arrest
- 4000 protesters
- about 1000 law forces
- dozens of umbrellas
- two forced gendarmes blocks
- the matraqueurs in free wheel
- at least 33 arrest
- hundreds of grenades fired
- 1 Ultra-violent and liar prefect, who closed the only street he claimed to allow
ETA: Here's the story of the stolen lobster (yes that was not a mistranslation)
Originally Posted by Nantes Révoltée
Mind-blowing: Police trap to capture a giant lobster!

This is a barely credible event that took place today in nantes. A funny, sad, and scary information. But real. A huge trap organized by the police to steal a paper lobster.

{...}

Last edited by caveman1917; 14th September 2019 at 06:09 PM.
Old 15th September 2019, 09:09 AM   #92
Thermal
Philosopher

While we're discussing political philosophy for a moment anyway:

What you're missing is that property rights are a spook.

(I'll bet you a crate of beer that you'll find the above Stirner quote written on the walls of Exarchia as well. It is a literate neighbourhood after all, no wonder the liberals and the fash want its writings removed)

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d244ea0565.jpg
The problem is, that is the rationale of the thief or the rapist. If that philosophy is accepted (that we can just declare our own beliefs upon others), then there is no logical objection to the State dropping the hammer. That's their belief, and anyone's belief is valid, right?

Also, I'd disagree with Max on property. When you squat property, you are also stealing the fruits of a life's work. In essence, stealing his life at the threat of violence. Someone else shares that philosophy.

Last edited by Thermal; 15th September 2019 at 09:16 AM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2019, 10:16 AM   #93
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

I once had a housemate idiot claim "all property is theft" at me when I objected to his grabbing my last tin of tomatoes from the kitchen cupboard.

Next morning I drove his car round the corner and told him I'd sold it and donated the money to Oxfam. Man ... the swearing singed even my ears.
Old 15th September 2019, 10:21 AM   #94
caveman1917
Philosopher

The problem is, that is the rationale of the thief or the rapist.
True, that is also the rationale of the bourgeoisie and its State.

But then of course, it is also the rationale behind some of the squats being free clinics (nobody goes without free healthcare in Exarchia, not even refugees who are denied access to healthcare by the State) and some of them being community kitchens (nobody goes hungry in Exarchia, not even refugees), etc. If I were in Exarchia it would be in my interest to get free healthcare if needed, and it's also in the interest of the other people there, so we come together and make it happen.

Quote:
If that philosophy is accepted (that we can just declare our own beliefs upon others), then there is no logical objection to the State dropping the hammer.
Obviously, the objection isn't logical but physical. There is no logical way to go from an ought to an is, objections are not, in the final analysis, logical. This holds true just as much for the bourgeoisie and its State btw, it has no logical objection to the working and underclass dropping the hammer, all it has is an application of its might (MAT in particular in this case).

Just to be clear, those objections don't necessarily need to take the form of throwing Molotov cocktails on State forces, but also things like labour strikes and stuff like that. The point is that it's not a battle of ideas but one of political might.

Quote:
That's their belief, and anyone's belief is valid, right?
No idea where you got that conclusion from, this isn't about beliefs being valid or not. Fundamentally the struggle isn't fought in the so-called marketplace of ideas (which, as the name already suggests, is structured so as to reinforce ideas which are profitable to capital) but on the streets and in the workplaces. There may be many people in Greece watching their TV's and believing all that government BS about the illegals bringing drugs and stuff, but they're mostly not going to come out in the streets to actually contest the point.

How idiotic it would be to choose to fight in disadvantageous terrain.

Quote:
Also, I'd disagree with Max on property. When you squat property, you are also stealing the fruits of a life's work. In essence, stealing his life at the threat of violence. Someone else shares that philosophy.
The bourgeoisie doesn't work, by definition. Your vulgar interpretation is also slightly ridiculous, as if people are going to squat granma's little apartment. Consider, on the other hand, the rich businessman who has bought 100 apartments in Exarchia to turn them into luxury AirBnb's and is now petitioning the government to "clean up" Exarchia so his investment pays off well (buy low, get the government to help increase the pricing, rent out high...profit!). Suppose 98 of them get squatted and turned into social centers, refugee accommodations, etc. That still leaves everyone with at least two apartments in the neighbourhood.

Now suppose that granma's apartment isn't just left alone, but that granma, when she has a health problem, can visit the local free clinic. When her pension has been slashed or unpaid and she's having financial problems she can eat at the local community kitchen. Even suppose that, when granma needs surgery, some corrupt doctor demands a bribe she can't pay with her small pension, and somehow a bunch of people show up at the doctor's office to tell him what's up.

At this point it should be noted that the particular philosophy you're disagreeing with does not include normative claims, you can be as altruistic as you want.[*] The point is that you're being altruistic because you want to, not because you're serving some higher ideal of your own creation, as if you're enslaved to an idea that only exists in your head anyway ("I'm being altruistic because I'm serving God's will", "I'm being altruistic because I'm serving a moral code", etc).

But even if we accept your vulgar interpretation, then your reasoning is still ridiculous. Which do you think will be the better option:

- Squatting granma's apartment and getting everyone against you and nobody helps you out when you get evicted and thrown in camps.

- Squatting the rich businessman's apartments.

- Squatting the rich businessman's apartments as well as everything in the paragraphs above about granma getting free healthcare etc. Note that this taking care of granma, even in purely amoral power terms, also means yet another door in the neighbourhood that opens for insurgents and closes again for the cops (how do you think those groups of neighbourhood residents who've attacked MAT positions simply "disappear" again into the streets without getting caught? Remember that physics tells us that there is no such thing as actual disappearance.)

Come to think of it, maybe that's another reason that the liberals and fash want the writings removed, since the trivially correct solution to the underlying social problems tends to quickly get published in Exarchia. Or at least a better solution than the State's "If we throw random migrants into concentration camps then that will solve everything, because reasons":

[*] See for example here:
Originally Posted by John Beverley Robinson
In brief, egoism in its modern interpretation, is the antithesis, not of altruism, but of idealism. The ordinary person — the idealist — subordinates their interests to the interests of their ideals, and usually suffers for it. The egoist is fooled by no ideals: she/he discards them or uses them, as may suit his own interest. If he/she likes to be altruistic, they will sacrifice themselves for others; but only because they like to do so; they demand no gratitude nor glory in return

Last edited by caveman1917; 15th September 2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 15th September 2019, 10:26 AM   #95
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
I once had a housemate idiot claim "all property is theft" at me when I objected to his grabbing my last tin of tomatoes from the kitchen cupboard.

Next morning I drove his car round the corner and told him I'd sold it and donated the money to Oxfam. Man ... the swearing singed even my ears.
Wait, he didn't just nod and then went ahead to sell your furniture and buy a new car with it? Sounds like you've had some weird housemates.

Last edited by caveman1917; 15th September 2019 at 10:29 AM.
Old 15th September 2019, 10:29 AM   #96
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Wait, he didn't just nod and then went ahead to sell your furniture and buy a new car with it?
Him and what army?

And why the rigamarole with the furniture? Why not just take the car?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th September 2019, 10:32 AM   #97
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Him and what army?

And why the rigamarole with the furniture? Why not just take the car?
He was told that the car was sold off. This implies that no army would be needed to sell each other's things off, as GlennB had sold his car off. It is hence to be expected to be within his power to sell GlennB's furniture off (or other valuables, not necessarily furniture) until he regained sufficient funds to buy a new car. The point is, why did he choose to just make a fuss about it rather than do something about it? Protest doesn't work, resistance does. I agree that GlennB's housemate was an idiot, no idea why GlennB found it necessary to bring it up.

Last edited by caveman1917; 15th September 2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 15th September 2019, 10:56 AM   #98
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

So what's this anecdote supposed to prove?
Old 15th September 2019, 11:34 AM   #99
GlennB

Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
So what's this anecdote supposed to prove?
That the ownership of personal property is a reasonable concept. That appropriating the property of others by (for example) squatting in their houses is not reasonable. In fact the reasonable course of action, in such a case, is to vacate when asked.
Old 15th September 2019, 11:39 AM   #100
caveman1917
Philosopher

That the ownership of personal property is a reasonable concept. That appropriating the property of others by (for example) squatting in their houses is not reasonable. In fact the reasonable course of action, in such a case, is to vacate when asked.
And yet still, in the end, your housemate got your tin of tomatoes but you didn't get his car. Your appeals to so-called "reasonableness" make one wonder who, in the final analysis, was the most idiotic of the two in your anecdote. ETA: and it's patently obvious that your use of the term "reasonable" doesn't denote rational or logical thought but merely whatever you choose to believe.

Last edited by caveman1917; 15th September 2019 at 11:41 AM.
Old 15th September 2019, 12:14 PM   #101
GlennB

And yet still, in the end, your housemate got your tin of tomatoes but you didn't get his car.
He stopped stealing things from the others in the house when he realised his stuff was just as much 'property' as anyone else's, and subject to the same dumb rationalisation for theft arbitrary appropriation.
Old 15th September 2019, 12:16 PM   #102
caveman1917
Philosopher

Fundamentally, here's the problem: Why should I care that you find it "reasonable" for some rich dude to buy hundreds of premises and push for a social cleansing of the neighbourhood? I'm not some rich dude with hundreds of premises. ETA: How is it in my interest to adopt that belief as my own?

Also, why didn't you just respond in your anecdote like normal people would:

Him: "Property is theft." (while taking a tin of tomatoes out of the cupboard)

You: "Yes exactly, property is theft, as I'm demonstrating to you right now." (while taking the tin of tomatoes from his hands)

You wouldn't have lost the tin of tomatoes that way. Sure, your housemate's an idiot, I agree. But that doesn't mean one has to be an even bigger idiot in response.

Last edited by caveman1917; 15th September 2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 16th September 2019, 11:15 AM   #103
caveman1917
Philosopher

The first night hasn't even passed yet, it's a bit early to tell who's asserting what
Property rights were asserted last night over ruling party offices, banks, and ND youth offices in various neighbourhoods in Athens. 20 people arrested.
Old 16th September 2019, 11:27 AM   #104
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Don't waste your time here, this is a love-fest for folks that buy into the philosophy of socialism/communism/anarchism/syndicalism but want to ignore the side-effects.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2019, 12:00 PM   #105
Thermal
Philosopher

Caveman1917: just curious on your take on this:

Buddy of mine had a father who started with +/- nothing, became an engineer and was able to leave an inheritance for my buddy. At my advice, he bought a broken down house that I rehabbed for him and we made a nice little assisted income rental.

Is he a fat cat bourgeois? Am I? He put blood and sweat in the rehab too, and pays the bill when things need repair. Should he have to physically fight off squatters?

This is all besides the obvious point that your system wouldn't exist without capitalists feeding into it.
Old 16th September 2019, 12:15 PM   #106
caveman1917
Philosopher

Caveman1917: just curious on your take on this:

Buddy of mine had a father who started with +/- nothing, became an engineer and was able to leave an inheritance for my buddy. At my advice, he bought a broken down house that I rehabbed for him and we made a nice little assisted income rental.

Is he a fat cat bourgeois? Am I? He put blood and sweat in the rehab too, and pays the bill when things need repair. Should he have to physically fight off squatters?
When did he have to fight off squatters? How many squatters were there? What were the squatters saying? You'll need to be a bit more informative here.

Quote:
This is all besides the obvious point that your system wouldn't exist without capitalists feeding into it.
What system? Capitalism? Yes that obviously wouldn't exist without capitalists feeding off it. I wouldn't exactly call it my system though, just the one that happens to be around at this particular point in space and time.
Old 16th September 2019, 12:17 PM   #107
Thermal
Philosopher

I see we have done away with all pretense of discussion. Good talk.
Old 17th September 2019, 08:37 AM   #108
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Don't waste your time here, this is a love-fest for folks that buy into the philosophy of socialism/communism/anarchism/syndicalism but want to ignore the side-effects.
Nah you're just projecting. While there have been some digressions into politics and philosophy those have been prompted by others (GlennB, erwinl, Thermal) initiating discussion of those topics. I started this thread to simply report on events (as in making neutral, factual statements about the world, not making judgments about them) which is what I've mostly done.

I thought some people might be interested in how Exarchia ends up, given that you've been getting Christmas greetings from there almost every year. Also because theprestige indicated in another thread that he doesn't really understand anarchism, so I figured I'd just show him, hence the "It has begun" part of the thread title as I knew this eviction on 26 August would set a whole chain of events in motion.

Last edited by caveman1917; 17th September 2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 17th September 2019, 01:20 PM   #109
caveman1917
Philosopher

The first night hasn't even passed yet, it's a bit early to tell who's asserting what
Property rights were asserted over the Greek consulate in Venice, Italy.
Old 17th September 2019, 03:01 PM   #110
Thermal
Philosopher

Property rights were asserted over the Greek consulate in Venice, Italy.
So what exactly happened? The pic shows some docile paint splattering photographed in 2016. I assert more property rights on an average Halloween. Wha happen?
Old 17th September 2019, 03:11 PM   #111
caveman1917
Philosopher

So what exactly happened? The pic shows some docile paint splattering photographed in 2016.
No idea, the claim just said "vandalism."

Quote:
I assert more property rights on an average Halloween.
Good for you. Would you like a medal?
Old 17th September 2019, 03:25 PM   #112
Thermal
Philosopher

No idea, the claim just said "vandalism."
We're just posting random claims having no idea what they are? Cool. Should be a blast.

Quote:
Good for you. Would you like a medal?
Evidently I rate a news story and discussion post.

My turn: Thermal drew a dick with soap on his neighbors window. Call the AP!
Old 17th September 2019, 03:42 PM   #113
caveman1917
Philosopher

We're just posting random claims having no idea what they are? Cool. Should be a blast.

Quote:
Evidently I rate a news story and discussion post.
And evidently I don't care about your "ratings."

Quote:
Sounds off-topic. Is your neighbour a Greek consulate? Is the dick some sort of symbol for a solidarity action with the subject of this thread? If not, then perhaps try another thread? Good luck with it though, I'm sure it'll be as interesting as your "ratings."

Last edited by caveman1917; 17th September 2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 17th September 2019, 03:56 PM   #114
caveman1917
Philosopher

Though if you want to draw a huge dick on your local Greek consulate then I'd say go for it! Report back afterwards and it'll be "your turn" for the "asserting property rights" section of the thread - a section, I remind you, which was prompted by your obsession with "asserting property rights" in the first place.
Old 17th September 2019, 04:54 PM   #115
Thermal
Philosopher

And evidently I don't care about your "ratings."
Well that just hurts my feelings.

Quote:
Sounds off-topic. Is your neighbour a Greek consulate?
Sure is! In the sense that the Greek consulate had property rights asserted on it by...what happened again? Oh, that's right...we don't care!

Quote:
Is the dick some sort of symbol for a solidarity action with the subject of this thread?
Sure is!The workers at my neighbors house keep using my hose and outside power outlet. Didn't even ask. So they are asserting property rights, if I follow you. So in solidarity with my real estate challenged brethren, I assert counter-property-rights in phallic form. Which is what they are being by not asking first. Viva la revolution!

Quote:
If not, then perhaps try another thread? Good luck with it though, I'm sure it'll be as interesting as your "ratings."
My dick counter-property-assertion is way more interesting than a couple lame paint smears. I drew little squirts and everything.

No, this is definitely the thread for not having an honest discussion and playing word games like a freaking 12 year old rather than discuss the topic and the issues it brings up. I have found my intellectual asylum.
Old 17th September 2019, 05:00 PM   #116
Thermal
Philosopher

Though if you want to draw a huge dick on your local Greek consulate then I'd say go for it! Report back afterwards and it'll be "your turn" for the "asserting property rights" section of the thread - a section, I remind you, which was prompted by your obsession with "asserting property rights" in the first place.
My obsession? I asked one question, once. Honest question which was on-topic. And you respond with the 12 year old thing.

Come on, hommes. You are considered the authority on these matters here. Think you could discuss them like a grown up? Cuz you don't hold a candle to me for childish BS. I wrote the book while you were getting potty trained.

If you'll excuse me, I've had a few adult beverages and am going to urinate in my neighbors' mailbox in solidarity with the thread topic, which is fast becoming 'taking the piss'
Old 17th September 2019, 05:15 PM   #117
caveman1917
Philosopher

I wrote the book while you were getting potty trained.
And yet Exarchia still stands. Over 2 months after the government announced it would "end" it in a month, and almost a month after the government took 4 squats out of 23 saying they'd be done by the end of the week (which was already a month late of their promise when coming to power).

That book of yours that you wrote, what results have you achieved with it so far? That is, other than urinating in your neighbour's mailbox.

Last edited by caveman1917; 17th September 2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 17th September 2019, 05:36 PM   #118
caveman1917
Philosopher

My dick counter-property-assertion is way more interesting than a couple lame paint smears. I drew little squirts and everything.
Like I said, I fully support you on this one. Go forth and be-penis your local Greek consulate!

And if you find some things lame then there are always other options, such as firebombing your local Greek consulate. Or firebombing your national riot police HQ for that matter.
I AGREE

Don't forget to report back and let us know how it went. Until then, I'm going with the principle that actual events in the real world are more interesting than things that only exist in your imagination.
Old 17th September 2019, 05:48 PM   #119
Thermal
Philosopher

And yet Exarchia still stands. Over 2 months after the government announced it would "end" it in a month, and almost a month after the government took 4 squats out of 23 saying they'd be done by the end of the week (which was already a month late of their promise when coming to power).

That book of yours that you wrote, what results have you achieved with it so far? That is, other than urinating in your neighbour's mailbox.
Pissed him off
Old 17th September 2019, 05:58 PM   #120
caveman1917
Philosopher

Pissed him off
Pissing people off is easy though. What's hard is pissing off the right people (ie those in power) in the right way (so that you get to keep your squats). And even a speck of paint thrown at a consulate in Italy helps infinitely more with that than you pissing in your neighbour's mailbox, assuming that's even actually true rather than just another thing that only exists in your imagination such as your brother-in-law having to physically fight of squatters in his home.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events