IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags part 2 , loose change , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 10th June 2006, 09:52 AM   #2321
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by aggle-rithm View Post
I think the CT's believe that if a theory IS falsifiable, it is a weakness, when it is actually a strength. All the conspiracy theories are bulletproof because no matter what new evidence becomes available, they can invalidate it by pulling some ad hoc explanation from the nether end of their digestive tracts.

So, in the magical realm of CT thought, the only theory that CAN'T be true is...the truth.
Sorry aggle, you got me even more confused here. Guess I really don't understand the CT mind.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th June 2006, 10:26 AM   #2322
Sentinel
Banned

Dancing on American Graves is more like it !!!

Yes I have a major problem with that action.
There are 364 other days in the year to debate off consigrated holy ground, but too sit there trying to distract people with the issue of 9-11 to bring attention to yourself is obviously a different matter entirely.

Dylan used to post alot back in the day during 2003 on the lgf board. Now don't get me wrong I'm just pointion out inconsistancies, Like people who write that he is part of a zionist clique and then theres the little jew-bashing he allegedly pulled in 2003 and so on.

He had me fooled because he said he was doing a 9-11 doc but didn't say that jason was with him when we did the interview. Then after he renigged on our agreement to send me the proof that the wingtv article was false and slander he then began his slander campain on me. He then banned me from lc board and so.

The slander is the wingtv American Free press article that was quoted on the lower thread before this one. These people need to be seriously investigated because it seems their story and background doesn't jive.

My feelings on 9-11 is totally seperate from the matter of our little cointel friends coming to the memorial to get famous. This has nothing to do with finding the truth. Its a distraction.

GOD BLESS

Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th June 2006, 10:29 AM   #2323
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Er...okay.
Old 10th June 2006, 10:34 AM   #2324
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

???

"Sign post up ahead..."
Old 10th June 2006, 10:43 AM   #2325
Axiom_Blade

Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
My feelings on 9-11 is totally seperate from the matter of our little cointel friends coming to the memorial to get famous. This has nothing to do with finding the truth. Its a distraction.
You mean it's like a puzzle wrapped in an enigma, buried under a mystery, surrounded by a conundrum?
Axiom_Blade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th June 2006, 10:45 AM   #2326
Sentinel
Banned

I can always learn to write better...Get your head out of your *ss Iminent collapse !

I'd like to point out something put out by JustDanny from lgd on 6-28-2003 04:28PM PST

"If you're interested in getting involved with SF Indymedia, whether as a reporter on the streets or a staffer in the space, this orientation is for you. Come learn a bit about how to become part of the SF/IMC Collective, how to make both media and trouble, and why all volunteer news reporting is so much more fun. If not now when?"

Question 1 - What is making media?

Question 2- What is making trouble?

Someone ask Dylan since he was writing on behalf of SF/IMC when he alledgedly made the hate crime statements on lgf.

Have a nice day

Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th June 2006, 10:47 AM   #2327
Sentinel
Banned

Indy Borg ?

What is it ?

Sentinel
Old 10th June 2006, 10:51 AM   #2328
Sentinel
Banned

Making trouble ?

Thank you Pat from SLC.

"Loosers threaten copyright lawyer"

Is this making trouble to make media anyway you can?

Sentinel
Old 10th June 2006, 11:02 AM   #2329
Pangea
New Blood

Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
Bascailly he tries to bring a camera into places where cameras aren't allowed. Like he tries to go into a subway with a camera..THREATEN WITH ARREST. He goes to another area with no camera, THREATEN WITH ARREST ROFLCOPTER

This is his evidence that our country has turn into a police state.
He says several times he was "nearly arrested" then shows footage of police asking him not to film and to leave the area. I have several family members in law enforcement. That was not nearly arrested.
I also like how he claims that some person said "X" then show an online news story that doesn't support his claim, or he gets part of someone's quote right, and adds a few extra words to fit his agenda.
My husband said over and over last night that Jones reminded him of an evangelical minister preaching about the end of the world.
Pangea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th June 2006, 11:10 AM   #2330
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Hey Sentinel,

I'm at a loss of what you are talking about. Could you provide a link perhaps?

Thanks,

RandFan
Old 10th June 2006, 11:13 AM   #2331
bob_kark
Person of Hench

Dear Sentinel,

Please take your medication.

Your friends,

The JREF Forum
Old 10th June 2006, 12:47 PM   #2332
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Sentinel tends to post in short bursts.

Sentinel, if you are out there, you may have missed my questions from yesterday:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=2271
Old 10th June 2006, 12:56 PM   #2333
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by RandFan View Post
Hey Sentinel,

I'm at a loss of what you are talking about. Could you provide a link perhaps?

Thanks,

RandFan
Sentinel only replies to the voices in his head.
Old 10th June 2006, 01:41 PM   #2334
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

For more mind-blowing stupidity, check out this thread. Claiming that the plane hitting the Pentagon was a 737 drone and the real plane went to Canada. When Payt posted photos of the compressor part found in the rubble, along w/ that same part in the factory, our "tolerant" buddy DJRunaway suspended him for a month.

DJRunaway, what a pathetic loser. Oh yeah, also a coward and a hypocrite and a liar.
Old 10th June 2006, 01:59 PM   #2335
XXX
Thinker

What a total joke. Notice that (as far as I can see on the Skeptics and investigate 9/11 forums) not ONE person over there has brought up the fact that DJ ran away from the debate with Gravy after talking all that smack.

And they (Mr DJ man) ban Payt after posting pictures of Pentagon wreakage and arguing about what they were...and they banned him for what?

"No with his constant Moon fights, and comments with no substance, and his attitude...he was just getting annoying and not helping the forum at all."

So it was because he actually believes we went to the moon, and dared to argue about what the facts are regarding the Pentagon wreakage.

Good job "truth seekers"!

"The truth has power for the simple reason that it is the truth. Wouldn't you prefer your truth like that?"
XXX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th June 2006, 02:16 PM   #2336
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by XXX View Post
So it was because he actually believes we went to the moon, and dared to argue about what the facts are regarding the Pentagon wreakage.

Good job "truth seekers"!
You cannot let the facts get in the way of THE TRUTH™.
Old 10th June 2006, 02:18 PM   #2337
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Originally Posted by WildCat View Post
Sentinel only replies to the voices in his head.
Dan Quayle was right,

Quote:
What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is.
Who knew?
Old 10th June 2006, 02:19 PM   #2338
XXX
Thinker

You cannot let the facts get in the way of THE TRUTH™.
What was it Homer Simpson said? You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.

"The truth has power for the simple reason that it is the truth. Wouldn't you prefer your truth like that?"
XXX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th June 2006, 02:37 PM   #2339
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
...Or these guys.
Oh yeah, I remember that. What was the end result of all that brouhaha?
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th June 2006, 02:57 PM   #2340
Mr. Skinny
Alien Cryogenic Engineer

Originally Posted by RandFan View Post
???

"Sign post up ahead..."
"Antelope Drive 1/128 Mile" ??
"Deities do not organize, they command." - Hokulele
Mr. Skinny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th June 2006, 04:07 PM   #2341
kalen
Your Daddy

Unskilled and Unaware of It

I think this directly applies to the CTers regarding their opinion about controlled demolition, how hot a particular fire burns, plane crashes, etc., etc.

Unskilled and Unaware of It

Quote:
When asked, most individuals will describe themselves as better-than-average in areas such as leadership, social skills, written expression, or just about any flavor of savvy where the individual has an interest. This tendency of the average person to believe he or she is better-than-average is known as the "above-average effect," and it flies in the face of logic…

The more incompetent someone is in a particular area, the less qualified that person is to assess anyone's skill in that space, including their own.

He makes a reference to a Cornell study.
Old 10th June 2006, 04:11 PM   #2342
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Originally Posted by Mr. Skinny View Post
"Antelope Drive 1/128 Mile" ??
Twilight Zone.
Old 10th June 2006, 04:39 PM   #2343
Polaris
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
He was.
I was thinking of Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman. Whew, deal with these names long enough and you can sorta understand how the CTs think the hijackers are still alive.
Polaris is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th June 2006, 05:57 PM   #2344
hellaeon
Graduate Poster

well im suspended now for telling them to stop worrying about things over here they dont agree with. Im not suprised, but I am sick of them already. The parents of those children should show them more attention. It was really a pointless excercise, mostly to see how their minds comprehend things.

Jenabell, jessica and charliesheen if your reading this, you guys should worry about your grade 5 homework, not about things you simply cannot comprehend.

The funny thing about the thread where i got suspended is that the comment that annoyed them the most from here is the most truthful about them, that they profit from the misery. Thats the bit when they tell their friends about it that they dont want to hear. Not only are they wrong but they are just @ssholes to boot.

I did have one or two half decent convos but the level of discussion is far below the average crap board out there. Its truly a well of paranoia and idiocy, but as they would be reading I'd like to thank them for a few laughs

Last edited by hellaeon; 10th June 2006 at 06:05 PM.
hellaeon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th June 2006, 08:05 PM   #2345
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

It IS fascinating to contemplate where these CTs might be, intellectually, in a year or two or three. Who will have dropped out of the movement in disgust, what new rationalizations will CTs have created as safe havens, will they actually be stupid enough to try to camp out in Washington, D.C. in 2007 "until something is done," who will be the first to compare Dylan Avery to Martin Luther King Jr., will a Naudet brother get to treat Les Raphael to a "Buzz Aldrin handshake," will any CT ever attempt to communicate with any 9/11 investigator, will the "pod/missile" theory be resurrected as the "missile/pod" theory, will the "911 Truth Movement" be legally required to change its name to the "911 We Don't Know Sh** from Shinola Movement," will "disinfotainment" enter the lexicon, will the opening of the Ground Zero Memorial be accompanied by the largest meeting of jackasses since the Nuremburg Rallies, will I finally be free to discuss what I came to this forum to discuss: what would happen if a bigfoot mated with a unicorn?
Old 10th June 2006, 08:18 PM   #2346
milesalpha
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
, will I finally be free to discuss what I came to this forum to discuss: what would happen if a bigfoot mated with a unicorn?
A horny dilemna....

(runs for cover)
milesalpha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th June 2006, 09:44 PM   #2347
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

For more mind-blowing stupidity, check out this thread. Claiming that the plane hitting the Pentagon was a 737 drone and the real plane went to Canada. When Payt posted photos of the compressor part found in the rubble, along w/ that same part in the factory, our "tolerant" buddy DJRunaway suspended him for a month.

DJRunaway, what a pathetic loser. Oh yeah, also a coward and a hypocrite and a liar.
But...but he's a disc jockey! Surely that places him among the intellectual pantheon.
Old 10th June 2006, 10:39 PM   #2348
DavidJames
Penultimate Amazing

When Payt posted photos of the compressor part found in the rubble, along w/ that same part in the factory, our "tolerant" buddy DJRunaway suspended him for a month.
My response to his post banning payt

Hey DJLegacy2k1, why haven't you returned to the JREF forum after you promised you would. You posted over 75 times, never once providing a single comment refuting Gravy's document. Then when Gravy showed up you disappeared.

Your "cousin" then showed up (with your ID), and claimed you were busy and weren't using your computer. Meanwhile you're found posting on this forum.

If you have something to refute Gravy's work, please return to the debate thread.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ad.php?t=58104

Also, why do you ban people when they show evidence which refutes your theories. Why are you afraid of an honest debate.

Let's see how long it lasts
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...&#entry5218395
For 15 years I never put anyone on ignore. I felt it important to see everyone's view point. Finally I realized the value of some views can be measured in negative terms and were personally destructive.
DavidJames is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2006, 07:38 AM   #2349
60hzxtl
Muse

Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
Your "cousin" then showed up (with your ID), and claimed you were busy and weren't using your computer. Meanwhile you're found posting on this forum.

]
Don't pick on DJLegacy2k1 - he was out helping a close friend who was involved in a terrible and near fatal turntable accident.

signed-

his mother.
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2006, 07:53 AM   #2350
PopeTom
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by 60hzxtl View Post
Don't pick on DJLegacy2k1 - he was out helping a close friend who was involved in a terrible and near fatal turntable accident.

signed-

his mother.
I'm sorry, but I do not think anyone will be able to acknowledge this as acceptable evidence unless you can link to a video of the original note being read by Juan Epstein.

-PopeTom

PS
PopeTom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2006, 07:58 AM   #2351
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

OMG, what a great letter! "We're investigating 9-11 and were wondering if you'd care to admit that you made modifications to certain aircraft that resulted in the deaths of thousands of people. Oh, and by the way do you know what happened to the 'decoys'?"
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2006, 11:07 AM   #2352
Apollyon
Muse

Originally Posted by DavidJames View Post
That thread is a riot.

It's ironic that the Loosers spend half their time trying to explain away things in clear photographs that people can plainly see, and the other half trying to explain how grainy, artifacted photos and stills show things that nobody but them can see.
Apollyon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2006, 12:15 PM   #2353
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by bob_kark View Post
Official?

Which of the hundreds of 9/11 CTs are you referring to?
Why, bob! You didn't get kicked out of Ninja school, did you ??

Or did you just get behind on sock-counting ????

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2006, 12:17 PM   #2354
steve s
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Apollyon
That thread is a riot.
From that same thread, Valis wrote in regard to the planes being loaded with explosives:

Quote:
I am unfamiliar with that particular theory, but yes, if you include the term "remote detonation." There is reason to believe that perhaps hundereds of Boeing 737s have been modified in this fashion, and are currently in circulation.
A while back I wrote that these guys were beginning to slip over the edge. Slippage is complete.

Steve S.
steve s is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2006, 12:23 PM   #2355
Pardalis
Banned

Oh my lord!
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2006, 12:36 PM   #2356
Belz...
Fiend God

Woah. From that thread:

Originally Posted by valis
That is debatable. Very debatable indeed, on the s9/11t forum; pages and pages worth. I do agree that a 757 is highly unlikely. That said, many of the 9/11 planes appears to have been modified Boeing 737s with incindiaries, possibly solid rocket fuel, (ther consistency of a pencil eraser) concealed within the airplanes themselves that were remotely detonated through the Iridium satallite network.
Ooohh... very likely!

ETA: Removed second quote. Already covered.

Last edited by Belz...; 11th June 2006 at 12:40 PM.
Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2006, 12:42 PM   #2357
Belz...
Fiend God

This is his "reason" for banning payt:

"No with his constant Moon fights, and comments with no substance, and his attitude...he was just getting annoying and not helping the forum at all. "

"He wasn't agreeing with me".

Old 11th June 2006, 12:43 PM   #2358
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

With 9/11 CTs becoming epidemic, I expect there will be more and more people whose family and love relationships get strained over this.

I've read several disturbing posts on the LC forums about people commiserating about spouses or significant others or other loved ones who "refuse to listen" or "get angry when I talk about the truth" or the like.

These loved ones need a support system. They need a place where they can arm themselves with facts and talk with others in similar situations.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2006, 12:49 PM   #2359
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

From the You've Become What You're Fighting Against department:
Originally Posted by LondonEye
Don't worry nesNYC...

All these types of folks [folks such as MarkyX and Gravy] are being "clocked" and I would expect them to be properly scrutinised when 9/11 Truth finally comes out.

This is not saying it's unhealthy to be sceptical, asking questions and demanding answers. Just the blatant anti 9/11 truth propagandists

http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=5231546
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 11th June 2006, 12:59 PM   #2360
MarkyX
Master Poster

Deleted

Last edited by MarkyX; 11th June 2006 at 01:21 PM.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories