ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags shroud of turin

Old 8th March 2017, 07:30 AM   #241
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by meccanoman View Post
Zeke has not enhanced the Presidents. But look what it's done to the mountain faces in the background, top left and top right, making them look less like heaps of cow dollop, more like real rock faces.

How's it done that?
Badly. All that was done is make the monument look crappy.
Old 8th March 2017, 07:44 AM   #242
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Badly. All that was done is make the monument look crappy.
The Hollywood meme of "Enhance" has a lot to answer for. It has resulted in a whole slew of people who think they can "enhance" any image by simply pushing sliders around.
Old 8th March 2017, 07:51 AM   #243
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
How and why the image was produced is certainly intriguing, but I would venture to suggest that most peoples' interest in the object is due to the possibility of its being genuine. Having established that it isn't, the motivation to spend more than an idle hour speculating and experimenting to discover more is a bit of a puzzle to me. It's not like there's any real possibility of establishing either the how or the why with any certainty, unless someone invents a time machine. Though I suppose there are worse hobbies.
In my case, I have worked with certain products of the Maillard reaction for more than 30 years. I don't think the shroud is genuine, but the chemistry of how it was made interests me.
Old 8th March 2017, 07:55 AM   #244
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

[quote=meccanoman;11744356Time now to get my head round those mass spec' fragments, starting with m/e 131, allegedly hydroxyproline (?) and then seeking out those multiples of 14 in sequences that were mentioned yesterday. Hugh will know what I'm talking about. Hugh always knows what I'm talking about. Shame there aren't more Hughs in sindonology![/QUOTE]

If it is hydroxyproline, would you care to speculate on its origin?
Old 8th March 2017, 08:57 AM   #245
meccanoman
Thinker

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
You have one strand to your argument which may or may not be really interesting and plausible (the baked flour stuff). The other, imaging, is utter bollocks. You put at risk any interest you might generate in the former by sticking doggedly to the latter. Only the worst kind of cranks would give any credence whatever to your imaging nonsense..........do you really want to put yourself in with "life on Mars" nutters?
But there was scarcely any interest in my Model 10 (flour imprinting) subsequent to the closure of Dan Porter's shroudstory site in December 2015. Thus the decision to return to this site, after an absence of some years, if only to improve search-engine listings (Stateside especially).

The Zeke discovery occurred AFTER coming back to this ferocious idea-dismantling site, under a new username (honest, having forgotten previous ID and password!).

Given my particular forte is reporting ongoing Shroud research in real time (i.e. as soon as ideas enter my head), as I've been doing these last 5 years or so, I opted to share my newly discovered Zeke tool with folks here first within hours of realizing its potential. Nope, it's not just any old bit of free internet photoediting software. I say it's an open sesame to the real nature of the Shroud body image (and blood too), revealing the biphasic nature of both, thanks to its ability to promote texture over background.

Yup, terminal neck appendage with age-degraded cranial contents has admittedly been stuck out a bit with Zeke. But rarely have I been more convinced in a lifetime of scientific research of being RIGHT.

Gut feeling plays a part too. Not everyone knows that where scientific research is concerned - but please don't tell anyone I said so.
Old 8th March 2017, 09:14 AM   #246
fagin
Illuminator

...Given my particular forte is reporting ongoing Shroud research in real time (i.e. as soon as ideas enter my head), as I've been doing these last 5 years or so,...
You should get a hobby. Or a puppy.
Old 8th March 2017, 09:32 AM   #247
meccanoman
Thinker

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
You should get a hobby. Or a puppy.
I have a sizeable number of other research interests in addition to the Shroud. Enter sciencebuzz into your search engine, maybe with additional keywords (e.g. heavy carbon dioxide, Stonehenge, Silbury Hill, sky burial, resistant starch).

Personally, I prefer to focus on one topic at a time. Scientific research requires FOCUS.
Old 8th March 2017, 09:47 AM   #248
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

......But rarely have I been more convinced in a lifetime of scientific research of being RIGHT.......
You have no right to be. You clearly know nothing of the subject, and ignore those of us who have decades of experience in the area. This is confirmation bias at work, and you really should be ashamed to call this science.

At least get someone who knows what they are doing to do a neutral critique of your work before you make a fool of yourself with it, and, FFS, use some proper programmes not ridiculous freebies. (Says me after spending 2 hours on Photoshop earning my living).

Last edited by MikeG; 8th March 2017 at 10:06 AM.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2017, 09:57 AM   #249
fagin
Illuminator

I'd go with the puppy. Or a kitten. Very cute.
Old 8th March 2017, 10:14 AM   #250
meccanoman
Thinker

You have no right to be. You clearly know nothing of the subject, and ignore those of us who have decades of experience in the area. This is confirmation bias at work, and you really should be ashamed to call this science.

At least get someone who knows what they are doing to do a neutral critique of your work before you make a fool of yourself with it, and, FFS, use some proper programmes not ridiculous freebies. (Says me after spending 2 hours on Photoshop earning my living).
Bring on the "neutral critique" I say. The sooner the better.
Old 8th March 2017, 10:21 AM   #251
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Well you've had one already. What I meant was "another neutral critique". Find someone you know who uses Photoshop professionally, and show him your stuff.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2017, 10:33 AM   #252
meccanoman
Thinker

Well you've had one already. What I meant was "another neutral critique". Find someone you know who uses Photoshop professionally, and show him your stuff.
Apols. I hadn't realized that close acquaintance with a particular software package made one a scientist, capable of evaluating the worth of new scientific thinking, arrived at (partially) with a different software package.

Oh well, we live and we learn...
Old 8th March 2017, 10:38 AM   #253
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

Apols. I hadn't realized that close acquaintance with a particular software package made one a scientist, capable of evaluating the worth of new scientific thinking, arrived at (partially) with a different software package.

Oh well, we live and we learn...
If someone who professionally uses professional image editing software isn't enough of an expert for you, then why would you expect that an amateur haphazardly using a crappy free program knows what he's doing?
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2017, 10:40 AM   #254
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
If someone who professionally uses professional image editing software isn't enough of an expert for you, then why would you expect that an amateur haphazardly using a crappy free program knows what he's doing?
...because "science", I guess.
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2017, 10:55 AM   #255
meccanoman
Thinker

"Crappy free program" is being put through its paces as we speak - with two 'before-and-after' shots posted here already with the message that it accentuates what is already present- as distinct from invents what is not, with provisional ideas as to how it works.

Many moons ago, I was accused of playing around with things I did not understand (contrast adjustment on images as it happens). My reply? Playing around with things one doesn't understand has a name (when done critically and systematically). It's called science...
Old 8th March 2017, 11:11 AM   #256
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

"Crappy free program" is being put through its paces as we speak - with two 'before-and-after' shots posted here already with the message that it accentuates what is already present- as distinct from invents what is not, with provisional ideas as to how it works.

Many moons ago, I was accused of playing around with things I did not understand (contrast adjustment on images as it happens). My reply? Playing around with things one doesn't understand has a name (when done critically and systematically). It's called science...
Not when you ignore people who use such tools in a professional capacity for decades.

How about you respond to my posts on the subject?
Old 8th March 2017, 11:26 AM   #257
meccanoman
Thinker

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Not when you ignore people who use such tools in a professional capacity for decades.

How about you respond to my posts on the subject?
I'll respond to anything relevant to the science that is being proposed, notably the key issue of what the Zeke filter does (or does not?) reveal about the Shroud.

Kindly do not ask me to respond to irrelevancies regarding entirely different software, unless or until it has been deployed in Shroud research.

It's a question of FOCUS and RELEVANCE. It's those two that separate focused science from so much of tedious, point-scoring internet discourse.
Old 8th March 2017, 11:40 AM   #258
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

This is not primarily about subjective aspects of colour perception, since I show before and after photos, and invite folk here to spot the obvious objective differences, arguably not so much in colour (though that may assist) so much as CONTRAST. The particles to which I refer are visible for the most part in BOTH before and after images, especially in the contrast-enhanced Shroud Scope pictures, so are NOT artefacts of the Zeke makeover.
Actually, it is very relevant. On the test provided, I get a perfect score. Why? Decades of experience. You don't know what algorithms were applied to your image, nor why, nor how much. You have jumped colour space at least three times, resolution at least twice and applied image compression algorithms at least twice and again, you have no idea which algorithms or why or under what conditions.

Firstly, each of these alone is capable of introducing artefacts and secondly, were you actually doing science, you would have meticulously documented your procedures in excruciating detail. Instead, you have a vague claim that you twiddled knobs until you got a result you found personally pleasing. That is most definitely NOT SCIENCE.

Nope, I did not use your more 'professional' PhotoShop, but Microsoft Office Picture Manager instead, reporting results almost 5 years ago under the title: "Shroud Scope 10: my very own gallery of 20 close-up views of the Shroud all lightly photo-edited for optimised colour-differentiation".
Ask yourself. Why is Microsoft Office Picture Manager never used for professional image manipulation? There is a very good reason.

That is one of my most frequently visited postings, its main advantage over unedited Shroud Scope being that it differentiates between blood and body image, entirely by contrast and coincidental colour, blood being more purplish, body image more tan coloured.
Fourth colour space jump. You still have no idea what you did, nor what your results indicate.

Now you may consider MS Office to be less "professional" than PhotoShop, but that term "professional" can be misleading if you don't mind my saying in the context of science where one takes nothing at face value, and where in my case one supplements one's findings by trying to find precisely what the software is doing to produce its useful discrimination between one image and another, e.g. blood/body image, and now particulate/non-particulate.
You do not discover what is actually happening by twiddling sliders and guessing. All of these algorithms are public domain. You do not need to guess.

To cite just one example, I reported a later RGB analysis to find precisely how changes in contrast were able to produce useful colour changes, real or not, that made for better discrimination.
That simple statement contains at least two leaps of colour space. Identify them (and any others deployed) and justify their application in this case.

Two main conclusions emerged. First, when you alter contrast on a colour image, you (coincidentally) alter the balance between yellow and blue, analogous to white/black for a B/W only image (yellow being the additive mix of red and green).
Wrong. To illustrate, if you mix red and green paint, what colour paint do you get? Yellow? This is why colour spaces matter.

Second, I realized on analysing the washed-out looking Shroud Scope images with their unhelpful purplish-hue that someone must have taken the Shroud Scope image from Durante (2002) and purposely REDUCED contrast to make them look the way they did. I put that suggestion directly to Mario Latendresse, the Canadian IT specialist/sindonologist who created Shroud Scope. He denied having done that himself, but volunteered no further comment.
You are doing that very thing. You are applying a seemingly endless sequence of steps that you do not understand, have not documented and likely couldn't ACCURATELY repeat.

While penning this comment, I've had an idea. In the next few days, I'll go back to my June 2012 posting with the 20 contrast-enhanced images, and give each a Zeke makeover, adding the result as an appendix. Nope, I don't expect to suddenly morph into a colour "professional" and will no doubt attract further flak for my choice of software. I'm content to be seen as a Shroud researcher who chooses what he considers the simplest, appropriate tools for making a valid scientific point, preferably tools that are available to anyone and everyone online, making it possible for them to check out and hopefully reproduce my findings.
You can bet on the flak part. You have no clue what the Zeke toy is actually doing.

I have a new term to suggest for the Shroud body image. It's "biphasic". It's either particulate (read "crud"), or non-particulate (yellow background stain) or a mixture of the two, depending on which image fibres one happens to sample and detach for microscopic and chemical study. McCrone only saw the crud, and interpreted it as inorganic iron oxides etc. Di Lazzaro only sees the superficial stain and interprets it as a radiation scorch. I see the end result of imprinting and baking thousands of oil/flour microcakes on linen in situ!
Or you are seeing artefacts introduced by your image fumblings.
Old 8th March 2017, 11:49 AM   #259
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I'll respond to anything relevant to the science that is being proposed, notably the key issue of what the Zeke filter does (or does not?) reveal about the Shroud.
Zeke is a primitive HSB model image filter which doesn't provide the full range nor even separate HSB sliders, just one honking great single slider.

Kindly do not ask me to respond to irrelevancies regarding entirely different software, unless or until it has been deployed in Shroud research.
I am asking you if you actually know what the hell you are doing in any way. Zeke is not some magic, in fact it is fairly useless.

It's a question of FOCUS and RELEVANCE. It's those two that separate focused science from so much of tedious, point-scoring internet discourse.
It is not a matter of internet point scoring. Your subject matter ignorance has simply trod in the landmine of one of my areas of expertise, and it makes you uncomfortable.
Old 8th March 2017, 12:00 PM   #260
meccanoman
Thinker

"Wrong. To illustrate, if you mix red and green paint, what colour paint do you get? Yellow? This is why colour spaces matter."

Oh dear. Our resident expert on all things related to IT and colour does not even understand the difference between additive mixing of colours (pixels, computer screens) and subtractive colour mixing (paints).

I shall retire now to add a Zeke appendix to my 2012 'contrast-enhanced' (or rather contrast-RESTORED ) Shroud gallery.

I may be gone a while (science, real science, can be very time-consuming).
Old 8th March 2017, 12:15 PM   #261
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

"Wrong. To illustrate, if you mix red and green paint, what colour paint do you get? Yellow? This is why colour spaces matter."

Oh dear. Our resident expert on all things related to IT and colour does not even understand the difference between additive mixing of colours (pixels, computer screens) and subtractive colour mixing (paints).

I shall retire now to add a Zeke appendix to my 2012 'contrast-enhanced' (or rather contrast-RESTORED ) Shroud gallery.

Ironic to hear you complain about point scoring while you try to find something trivial to dismiss someone who know more than you with, because it hurts your ego
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2017, 12:16 PM   #262
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Wrong. I am pointing out that both that you don't nor why it is important. Is the shroud a result of additive or subtractive mixing? Is transferring it to a computer screen changing that model? That is a change of colour space and it has consequences of which you seem blissfully unaware. To illustrate, please give me the representation of silver on the computer monitor RGB colour space. You cannot. Because there is no such thing. All you will get is an approximation using whites and greys. Try doing the same with the subtractive CMYK model. Can't do that either. Now you could prove me to be wrong quite easily by presenting either. But you wont because it simply is not possible to do so.

Pointless effort. It is meaningless. You have no clue what Zeke actually does.

Really? You are retreating while waving the white flag of victory?

Three times now I have critiqued your methods, if such they can be called and you are simply doing your level best to hide from that. If you cared in the slightest about your so-called science, you would be eager to step up to robust criticism. That is how peer review works in science. If it turns out that your ideas actually withstand critical scrutiny, then they become actual science. If not, then they are dismissed.
Old 8th March 2017, 12:53 PM   #263
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Apols. I hadn't realized that close acquaintance with a particular software package made one a scientist,
I'm married to a scientist*, and have a scientist daughter. You know, I don't think I've heard either of them say "I'm going to just stick this data into this freebie programme that I don't know anything about, slide a control or two around manually and randomly, and see what pops out of the other end". Is that the sort of conversation you often have? 'coz I'm loving the thought of you trying to get a paper published on the basis of MS Office and Zeke set to work by a rank amateur on a just-about-pixilated image. Sorry, did you mention you were a scientist?

You know what, some scientists, when given a new bit of kit by a technician, would ask some questions: how is it calibrated? What are the limits of its effectiveness? What errors is it likely to generate? That sort of thing. Clearly you take the view that scientists should only speak to scientists and no-one else could possibly have any sort of expertise. I mean, what on earth could someone who uses a far superior form of the software for a living ever know about the pitfalls of doing what you are trying to do?

Obviously it's really sciency to bring a crappy image into a crappy programme and slide a slider to the right until you see what you want to see. Obviously scientists wouldn't bother looking up the expert advice on image handling, or even getting a professional to do it for them. No, no.........just slide that slider to the right for the first time in your life and Coral Draw Zeke pops up the answer to a 600 year old mystery just like that. It's got to be good.

But do go on. Feel free. It isn't my reputation you'll be shredding.

*Now teaching, no longer practising.

Last edited by MikeG; 8th March 2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 8th March 2017, 12:56 PM   #264
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

........(science, real science, can be very time-consuming).
Why, do you know a scientist?
Old 8th March 2017, 01:00 PM   #265
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
......Zeke is not some magic, in fact it is fairly useless......
Did you notice that the image first went through Microsoft Office Picture Manager first? Anyone who knew what they were doing would have mentioned the file format, too. I'm guessing Jpeg.

Hilarious.
Old 8th March 2017, 01:03 PM   #266
meccanoman
Thinker

I've now done a 'Zeke makeover' on the first 10 of my previously contrast-enhanced Shroud Scope images (from head to toe of Man on the Shroud), added today as appendix to a 2012 posting (see tail end).

Nope, I won't insert a link for reasons previously stated. Simply enter (own gallery shroud turin) into your search engine and look for the WordPress site, probably first in the list of returns, with Shroud Scope in the title.

Can anyone seriously doubt that the Zeke pix are superior to the 'as is' Shroud Scope ones, viewing the two side-by-side? But then I knew years ago that the Scope pictures has been doctored so as to destroy contrast (and detail) - and said as much!

The final 10 Zeke-enhanced images will be added tomorrow.
Old 8th March 2017, 01:07 PM   #267
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

So wait a minute......

You're taking in doctored images? Seriously, could this be any funnier. Doctored images into MS Office, zoomed until they're pixilated, crappy filter applied........the result? Science!! Da dah.
Old 8th March 2017, 01:12 PM   #268
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Did you notice that the image first went through Microsoft Office Picture Manager first? Anyone who knew what they were doing would have mentioned the file format, too. I'm guessing Jpeg.

Hilarious.
Noted in my detailed critique, twice. It does appear to be jpeg, but mecannoman ain't saying. Who can say? If he is able to identify what it is that he did precisely, which I doubt, I could directly critique that in such a way to make nonsense of it, but he wont because he is aware that I can. And that I have standing to do so.

Effectively, this is no different than the Obama birth cert crap that we comprehensively debunked. Layers my butt.
Old 8th March 2017, 01:16 PM   #269
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

This is a new variation on GIGO (AKA as SISO or crap in crap out). Because it isn't crap in to a perfectly good piece of software and crap coming out of the far end. It is crap in, crap process, crap out, crap conclusions.
Old 8th March 2017, 01:30 PM   #270
carlitos
"ms divertido"

Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
...because "science", I guess.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cargo_c...o_cult_science
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2017, 01:31 PM   #271
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Oooh look. Look what I found. It's amazing. It's all sciency and stuff. You know the old sideways badge thing? Yeah this one:

Well, it's really made of lava. Look, just one little filter and you can honestly see it. Really. Look, it's so clear:

And if you use another filter, the head disappears. That just proves that Meccanoman is right, and the head was added in afterwards as a bas relief, obviously. Well done Meccanoman:

But the piece de resistance..........look at all the hidden detail revealed here:

And here's a close up of the head. From this it is obvious that it was carved by a left handed bearded lady using a piece of onyx then cooked at Gas mark 5 for 2 hours:

Wow!! It's amazing what hidden details suddenly become obvious when you just apply a filter.

Last edited by MikeG; 8th March 2017 at 01:37 PM.
Old 8th March 2017, 01:44 PM   #272
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster

Wow, ever thought of looking for cities on Mars? I bet you could find some with this technique.

And I've been told that if you use a certain Snapchat filter on the Shroud, you find out that Jesus was actually a dog that's sticking out its tongue.
Old 8th March 2017, 02:07 PM   #273
meccanoman
Thinker

Which of these two is the more informative image?

Is there anything in the more informative image that is totally absent (or barely discernible) in the less informative image?

One is a Zeke-enhanced version of the other, needless to say, posted in attempt to curb all those fevered speculations about rampant artefacts. Nope, none that I can see...

Zeke has a minimal effect on that RGB colour chart I showed earlier. So why suggest it would produce hideous artefacts when quite clearly, all it does is to accentuate existing detail?

Zeke is simply a contrast-enhancing tool that fortuitously happens to work well on the Durante 2002 images that we plebs have been 'privileged' to receive as Shroud Scope.

There have been whispers about higher resolution pictures being available, but which have yet to be released into the public domain. Why not, one wonders?
Old 8th March 2017, 02:10 PM   #274
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Just popped in to say that unequivocally that there are no "acts of faith" in science. Period.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2017, 02:12 PM   #275
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...

<snip>
Absent provenance, neither is "informative". That's one of the ways science works...
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th March 2017, 02:13 PM   #276
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

......rampant artefacts. Nope, none that I can see...

........So why suggest it would produce hideous artefacts when quite clearly, all it does is to accentuate existing detail?........
The very fact that you ask this question reveals your extreme ignorance of the subject. "Accentuating existing detail" absolutely includes enhancing existing artifacts. If you think that taking an image in Microsoft Office and zooming it doesn't produce artifacts, then how about you actually contact the manufacturers of the programme and ask them? That would be the scientific thing to do, wouldn't you say?

Quite clearly........says the novice user of a crappy bit of freebie software. You're not really in a good position to tell, are you. Mark one eyeball and all that.

Last edited by MikeG; 8th March 2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 8th March 2017, 02:16 PM   #277
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Wow, ever thought of looking for cities on Mars? I bet you could find some with this technique......
Zoom and filter........you can find anything you like in any image you like with this foolproof technique.
Old 8th March 2017, 02:34 PM   #278
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Zoom and filter........you can find anything you like in any image you like with this foolproof technique.
Well, I tried. I gave freely of my expertise to no avail. It appears that our protagonist cares for nothing except his own bizarre interpretation.
Old 8th March 2017, 02:43 PM   #279
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Yeah, we both did, and the pity of it is that it isn't impossible he is on to something with his baked flour thing. Unfortunately for him, if you are a woo-monger in one field, no-one is going to take you in the slightest bit seriously in another.
Old 8th March 2017, 02:50 PM   #280
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

https://shroudofturinwithoutallthehy...-post-zeke.png

Is there anything in the more informative image that is totally absent (or barely discernible) in the less informative image?
No. No way on any known planet. Which part of this escapes you?

One is a Zeke-enhanced version of the other, needless to say, posted in attempt to curb all those fevered speculations about rampant artefacts. Nope, none that I can see...
No. Please identify the image with which you started. If you cannot, everything thereafter is useless. If you cannot tell why that is then you have no idea what you are talking about.

Zeke has a minimal effect on that RGB colour chart I showed earlier.
Wrong. The Zeke example You provided demonstrates the exact opposite.

So why suggest it would produce hideous artefacts when quite clearly, all it does is to accentuate existing detail?
Because it produces hideous artefacts as a matter of direct observation.

Zeke is simply a contrast-enhancing tool
Wrong.

that fortuitously happens to work well on the Durante 2002 images
Wrong.

that we plebs have been 'privileged' to receive as Shroud Scope.
Wrong.

There have been whispers about higher resolution pictures being available, but which have yet to be released into the public domain. Why not, one wonders?
Because they do not exist and it does not matter.

Which source image did you take as your starting point? You refuse to say and I know exactly why that is. You realise that I will take it to pieces, that's why.

Consider your bridges well and truly burned. While I may have offered an analysis, I am certainly not the first and I would simply be yet another in the trail of rejected analyses. Your interest is not in truth, but in the propagation of your belief at all cost, even if truth is the cost.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy