ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags larry silverstein , wtc

Old 22nd May 2009, 07:32 AM   #41
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns

Originally Posted by RedIbis View Post
I don't see any "filthy Jew" type comment in what he posted. Do you?
Nice attempt to flee from the topic at hand, where you have been roundly pumped again.

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 07:34 AM   #42
RedIbis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by funk de fino View Post
Nice attempt to flee from the topic at hand, where you have been roundly pumped again.
Pardalis asked me a direct question, I answered it.
Old 22nd May 2009, 07:53 AM   #43
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Whatever... I don't really care whether he was associating that devil comment with the "government" or teh "j0000z" the same thought line originating from the intentional misrepresentation of a single quote Silverstein made, which clearly from its context had nothing to do with demolition is the same. Teh "j000000z" handle just lends as a bonus for the antisemites that love using that handle to implicate him more than just the government inside job crap.
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:04 AM   #44
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Proving once again that it's almost always debunkers who use this kind of langauge. And no, I don't care if you think you were being sarcastic.
And I don't see where Larry Silverstein said "I blew up WTC7 for the insurance money". Nor do I see where anyone who witnessed the collapse of WTC7 said "It was a controlled demolition". But that doesn't stop you, and other Truthers, from parsing their statements within inches of their lives in order to torture some sinister inference from them.

Why the double standard?

While I don't necessarily believe you are an anti-Semite, I've yet to see you offer a reason why you despise Larry Silverstain so much, or of what precisely you think he is guilty. So I see no problem with attributing anti-Semitism to someone who has an unexplained, irrational hatred of a Jewish person.

If this is problematic for you, you can either offer a reasonable explanation for your opinion of Silverstein, or at the very least, stop behaving like such a pompous hypocrite.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:06 AM   #45
RedIbis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
And I don't see where Larry Silverstein said "I blew up WTC7 for the insurance money". Nor do I see where anyone who witnessed the collapse of WTC7 said "It was a controlled demolition". But that doesn't stop you, and other Truthers, from parsing their statements within inches of their lives in order to torture some sinister inference from them.

Why the double standard?

While I don't necessarily believe you are an anti-Semite, I've yet to see you offer a reason why you despise Larry Silverstain so much, or of what precisely you think he is guilty. So I see no problem with attributing anti-Semitism to someone who has an unexplained, irrational hatred of a Jewish person.

If this is problematic for you, you can either offer a reasonable explanation for your opinion of Silverstein, or at the very least, stop behaving like such a pompous hypocrite.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised to get such comedy from a clown.
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:13 AM   #46
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Okay.

That settles that..
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:17 AM   #47
RedIbis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Okay.

That settles that..
From the articles that have been posted, have you gained new insight into Larry's reluctance to invest any of his own money into the rebuilding of the towers, relying entirely on public money and outside investments?

Or do you still think he'll go broke attempting to rebuild the towers?
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:25 AM   #48
johnny karate

And I'm not at all surprised to get such evasion from an intellectual coward.

Since you aren't able to mount any kind of argument regarding the actual topic of this thread, please continue derailing it into oblivion with your tedious semantic argument. Your colossal failure to ever say anything of substance is a constant source of amusement.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:30 AM   #49
RedIbis
Philosopher

And I'm not at all surprised to get such evasion from an intellectual coward.

Since you aren't able to mount any kind of argument regarding the actual topic of this thread, please continue derailing it into oblivion with your tedious semantic argument. Your colossal failure to ever say anything of substance is a constant source of amusement.
I think the post just above yours is right on point. I know you prefer vitriol to discourse, but you might attempt to address the question I asked.
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:31 AM   #50
johnny karate

From the articles that have been posted, have you gained new insight into Larry's reluctance to invest any of his own money into the rebuilding of the towers, relying entirely on public money and outside investments?
Why do insist on lying about things you've already been caught lying about? (And in the same thread no less!)
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:37 AM   #51
johnny karate

I think the post just above yours is right on point. I know you prefer vitriol to discourse, but you might attempt to address the question I asked.
I already did. Twice.

Here:
Larry Silverstein owes the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey $10 million a month in rent.

Without new buildings on the site from which to lease office space, Silverstein has no way to recoup that $10 million a month.

$10 million per month X an indeterminate amount of time = eventually broke.

And here:
Will Silverstein be destitute and on the street? Probably not.

But he does stand to take a huge loss on WTC, which makes his involvement in any conspiracy to destroy those buidlings patently absurd. Which is the point of this thread.

But as per your usual modus operandi, you ignore answers and just keep asking the same questions over and over. The issue of Silverstein literally "going broke" has been addressed. Now how about you address the actual topic of the thread?

I know you prefer vitriol to discourse

Last edited by johnny karate; 22nd May 2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:39 AM   #52
RedIbis
Philosopher

Why do insist on lying about things you've already been caught lying about? (And in the same thread no less!)
So Bloomberg is lying too?
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:51 AM   #53
funk de fino
Dreaming of unicorns

Yes, we all notice when you pick and choose which direct questions to answer and which to flee from. Hence the attempt to stay OT.

Stundie - Avoided like the plaque, its a scottish turn of phrase.
funk de fino is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:58 AM   #54
johnny karate

So Bloomberg is lying too?
Nope. Just you.

What you said:

The truth:
Quote:
The agreement will bring to about $4.55 billion the total insurance proceeds Silverstein and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey will receive.

Silverstein, the leaseholder on the World Trade Center, had battled with insurance companies in federal court since a month after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks over how much the policies were worth. The settlement gives the developer and the Port Authority, the site's owner, the cash to help rebuild the 16- acre property.
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:01 AM   #55
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Cl1mh4224rd View Post
It's a little disturbing watching RedIbis smear his mind-bogglingly irrational disgust for Silverstein all over the place. Like a monkey that's got nothing to play with except his own poo...

He's a "filthy Jew". He has all the money in the world.
I see that Kreel chimed in right on cue just as you said. Post #35

"Give that man a million!"
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:03 AM   #56
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Kreel:

"Larry will never go broke. He sold his soul to the devil.

Oh, yeah, he may look down and out, living in the gutter, barfing on his loafers. Don't worry. Larry is just waiting. "

You see nothing wrong with this comment?
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 01:22 PM   #57
ULTIMA1
Banned

Originally Posted by 16.5 View Post
Now, now, now Silverstein doid not "pull" the buildings.

He told the FDNY to pull the buildings.
Silverstein had no authority to do anything that day.

The Fire commander and emergency incident command decided to pull building 7.
ULTIMA1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 01:26 PM   #58
dtugg
Banned

Originally Posted by ULTIMA1 View Post
Ah yes, the mythical fire commander that wasn't part of FDNY, correct?
dtugg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 01:40 PM   #59
johnny karate

Can you provide a pretend NSA document to confirm this imaginary event?
Old 22nd May 2009, 01:59 PM   #60
ULTIMA1
Banned

Can you provide a pretend NSA document to confirm this imaginary event?
NO, Since i am not pretend NSA.

But since i am real NSA i can provide several statements from the fire chiefs and fire commander that support my statement.
ULTIMA1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:04 PM   #61
dtugg
Banned

But since i am real NSA i can provide several statements from the fire chiefs and fire commander that support my statement.
No you can't, liar.
dtugg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:07 PM   #62
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Fine. What is your GSA job title and badge number?
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:07 PM   #63
doobiedoright
Critical Thinker

Evidence please!!!!!!!!!!!
doobiedoright is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:15 PM   #64
johnny karate

Actually, all you can provide are your interpretations of these statements. The evidence that the "pulling" of WTC7 actually took place, along with the explanation for why everyone involved decided to lie about it, is as non-existent as your NSA analyst credentials.
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:17 PM   #65
JimBenArm
Based on a true story!

I think Silverstein must have evicted the lot of them for non-payment at some point, and this is their pathetic attempt at retribution.
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:18 PM   #66
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Proving once again that it's almost always debunkers who use this kind of langauge. And no, I don't care if you think you were being sarcastic.
Which actually is totally off the subject that you have made it apparent that you believe, against all reason and evidence, that Silverstein actually confessed to having his own buildings blown up on 911. Rational people perplexed by this position sometimes suggest antisemitism may be involved. They may be wrong, they may be right, they may be wrong about some truthers and right about others.

Either way, there's got to be SOME reason you, a probably otherwise intelligent person, would buy into that ludicrous theory.
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:20 PM   #67
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Where did they pull it to, and with what did they pull it with?

Is this in another CRITIC of talk from the NSA?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:20 PM   #68
BenBurch
Gatekeeper of The Left

Oh, and do you know Dr. Brenner?
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:29 PM   #69
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by twinstead View Post
Which actually is totally off the subject that you have made it apparent that you believe, against all reason and evidence, that Silverstein actually confessed to having his own buildings blown up on 911. Rational people perplexed by this position sometimes suggest antisemitism may be involved. They may be wrong, they may be right, they may be wrong about some truthers and right about others.

Either way, there's got to be SOME reason you, a probably otherwise intelligent person, would buy into that ludicrous theory.
Cant be antisemitism in Redibis case. It's self loathing.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:45 PM   #70
apathoid

Then why don't you go ahead and do that!!
apathoid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 02:54 PM   #71
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by apathoid View Post
Then why don't you go ahead and do that!!
Yea. I'm all ears as well. Come on U1! Put us in our places
Old 22nd May 2009, 03:14 PM   #72
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Really? The fire and incident commander made the decision to blow up WTC7?

You are saying the decision was made on that day (there's no incident commander until there is an incident).

The 23 story Hudson building in Detroit was taken by a 20 man crew after 7 months of preparations.

So 7 months times 20 working days per month, times 10 hours per day times 20 men equals twenty-eight THOUSAND man-hours of labor to take down that building.

But WTC7 is twice the height of JL Hudson so the real figure to take down WTC7 is fifty-six thousand man hours.

So here you are on 9/11, it's early afternoon, you have two hours "warning" in which you need to fully prep a 47 story building. To do 56,000 man-hours of work in just two hours you need 28,000 men.

You are basically saying the NWO or the MIB or the ASPCA or the Harper Valley PTA or whoever had 28,000 men standing around outside WTC7 ready to charge in and plant demo-packs.

And you wonder why we think you people are stupid and insane?
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 03:31 PM   #73
johnny karate

I don't think he's insane.
Old 22nd May 2009, 03:38 PM   #74
Gavron
Muse

... i can provide several statements from the fire chiefs and fire commander that support my statement.
But you cannot show one single instance before of after 9/11 of a fire dept "pulling" a still burning 40+ story building.

Please, show us your sources for this, Roger.

ULTIMA1 - "NO they collapsed becasue the buildings fell on them, not becasue of debris."
ULTIMA1 - "DNA is NOT physical evidence"
Gavron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 05:12 PM   #75
FineWine

No, you hopeless ****, it is not possible to "pull" a 47-story building. The term has nothing to do with explosives, as conceivably even you know.
The fire chiefs decided to "pull" their men, "pull" being a term used by firefighters, not demolition experts.
FineWine is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 05:21 PM   #76
FineWine

You complimented me on asking a sincere question. Unfortunately, you refused to answer it and ran away.
Assuming you are not an anti-Semite, what accounts for your bizarre obsession with Larry Silverstein? You characterized his matter-of-fact agreement with a fire chief's assessment as "nonsensical" and "dishonest." I fail to see how his statement could be either. What do you think Silverstein did?
FineWine is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 07:06 PM   #77
Bobert
Illuminator

I mean Larry is a jew afterall!
Bobert is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 07:22 PM   #78
Thunder
Banned

Back to Silverstein.

How much money has he lost since 9-11, by not collecting rent and other fees from the WTC?

Does anyone know?
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 07:31 PM   #79
Unsecured Coins
Hoku-maniac

Originally Posted by parky76 View Post
Back to Silverstein.

How much money has he lost since 9-11, by not collecting rent and other fees from the WTC?

Does anyone know?
4 and a half metric tons
Unsecured Coins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2009, 07:39 PM   #80
ULTIMA1
Banned

Originally Posted by FineWine View Post
The fire chiefs decided to "pull" their men, "pull" being a term used by firefighters, not demolition experts.
Wrong again.

Fire chiefs and later fire commander stated firefighters were out of the building BEFORE the call to Silverstein.

How could the fire chiefs pull the firefighters if they were already out of the buidling as they all stated?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories