ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 11th August 2009, 01:33 PM   #41
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by ImANiceGuy View Post
Gravy, it had more to do with underlying issue of legitimate 9/11 questions being washed in with Rowes and Averys. and DRGs, Jones, etc...

I remember a thread here of the same title which ran many pages deep. Legitimate questions do exist, and should not be met with hostility by close-minded skeptics who have painted everyone with the same brush.
Prominent 9/11 conspiracists have always been a subject of discussion here. You've chosen to "wash" your new topic in a thread about Korey Rowe, where your comments are unlikely to be seen after a day or two.

My suggestion: either join that thread you mentioned or start a new one, list the questions that you think are important, unanswered, and answerable, and put on ignore people who you don't think are replying civilly or rationally.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links

Last edited by Gravy; 11th August 2009 at 01:35 PM.
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2009, 05:46 PM   #42
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ImANiceGuy View Post
Gravy, it had more to do with underlying issue of legitimate 9/11 questions being washed in with Rowes and Averys. and DRGs, Jones, etc...

I remember a thread here of the same title which ran many pages deep. Legitimate questions do exist, and should not be met with hostility by close-minded skeptics who have painted everyone with the same brush.
Yes I created that thread.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=143280

Have at it.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2009, 09:11 PM   #43
Longfellow
St. Louis Cardinals Fanatic

I have an idea why, Scott.

Originally Posted by scott.in.taiwan View Post
Everytime I make a remark here, suddenly there's a pack of conspiracy theorists circling around me like a bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses on a Saturday afternoon. Go away. You are retards. You are the sick people I was referring to. I don't need your links. I don't want to see them.

What is it with theese guys? They can't convince scientists. They can't get enough names on a petition. As soon Bush is out of the WH, no one cares about 911 anymore. Why are they stalking me?
Emphasis mine: While I would never to pretend to know just what thoughts scurry through the dusty emptiness that make up the minds of most 'truthers', I think it is fairly clear from your first posts here that our resident tro -- erm -- ''truthers' do not believe you are who you say you are. And by that I mean they don't think that you are an objective, reasonable person who, upon being exposed to the 'movement' for the first time, thought to yourself (and I'm obviously paraphrasing -- if it's way off base let me know and I'll post a retraction and an apology) "what the **** is this ********? These people are ******* bat-guano insane to think this ****! They must be ******* nuts! (well, most of them seem to be but that's another thread)

I recall your first thread. It didn't take long for JihadeJane to say:
Quote:
You are very welcome to the cult but I suggest you work on your story a bit more if you don't want to appear like yet another old-hat propagandist posing as a naive newbie.
And allege (hell, blatantly accuse would be more like) that you were posing as a rationalist (and, as ever, a rationalist is someone who sees the attacks of 11 September, 2001 for exactly what they were: 19 religious extremists hijacked 4 passenger jets with the intent to commit mass murder. They succeeded). It seems to me that our resident -- 'truthers' -- can't stand the fact that normal, every-day people can clearly see their 'movement' for what it is. . .absolute bullocks. You just can't be who you claim to be. You must be one of the resident JREF debunkers' sock-puppets created in an effort to swell the 'debunker' ranks. What the 'truthers' don't seem to realize is that JREF debunkers are the John Holmes of rationality. They don't need to pad anything.

Originally Posted by scott.in.taiwan View Post
Just go away. I thought I had made it clear that I think Rowe should be in Levenworth and if you let me have 3 rounds with Avery, you won't recognize him anymore.
I couldn't have said that better myself and I agree wholeheartedly.

Ignore is a very helpful feature in keeping the ol' blood pressure down. Believe me, I know.
World Series wins: 1926, 1931, 1934, 1942, 1944, 1946, 1964, 1967, 1982, 2006, 2011
Longfellow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th August 2009, 11:52 PM   #44
JoeyDonuts
Frequencies Not Known To Normals

NPR had a very informative piece on the Taliban issues today. The journalist (name escapes me) doing the report seemed like he was in absolute awe of Gen. Patraeus' knowledge, restraint, and decisionmaking ability.

And, oh yeah...Korey Rowe is completely wrong.

Last edited by JoeyDonuts; 11th August 2009 at 11:53 PM.
JoeyDonuts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2009, 01:08 PM   #45
dudalb
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
LIHOP has the sole advantage of being less ridiculous. That's not the same as being not ridiculous.

Dave
It says something about the mentality of the Truthers that the MIHOPPERS so outnumber the LIHOPPERS in the Truth movement. LIHOP Is crazy, but MIHOP Is Batcrap Crazy. But the trust the twoofers to always choose the most insane choice....
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2009, 12:47 AM   #46
TruthersLie
This space for rent.

Lihop is the only version of da twoof that is even remotely possible.

The funny part is that da twoof take even the basic remote possibility and twist it so it becomes the rube goldberg of consipracies.

Is it possible that senior members of the US government had an idea that a large scale terrorists attack was going to happen, and then didn't LEAD or give orders to head it off?

I guess it is possible... (but there is no proof of it), and then the twoof have to run with it... NIST is fake. FEMA is fake, blah blah blah.

There would be NO NEED to fake NIST, not if the LET it happen...

so it goes from slightly plausible to completely massive government consipracy...
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th August 2009, 01:20 AM   #47
JoeyDonuts
Frequencies Not Known To Normals

There's evidence AFAIK that senior USG officials knew that a large-scale terrorist attack was being planned.

There is no evidence that senior USG officials knew the targets, locations, scope, people involved, methods, time/date, or any sort of specificity that would have enabled an effective countermeasure in time to avert the attack.

The "breadcrumbs" that would have quite possibly unraveled the entire plot were held in different offices in distant parts of the world by agencies that at the time, did not make it a practice to communicate with one another.

However, to a 9/11 "LIHOP" mentality, this is implausible and just flat out unacceptable. In this case, it is no different than any other ludicrous conspiracy theory in that it would have required the government to be completely in accord, and conscience-less murderers. If sufficient intelligence existed, where are the (dozens if not hundreds) individuals from the different agencies involved in the collection/analysis/dissemination of this intelligence? It doesn't just get magically beamed to Rumsfeld's Sooper Seekrit laptop like some kind of Bond Movie. It passes through enlisted/officer/civilian hands many times, quite a few of whom analyze it for relevance.

The intel community is made up of people who believe very strongly that their job is to prevent things like 9/11. Could you honestly expect people to stay quiet if they'd busted a hump to develop a time-critical threat-warning scenario only to have their government do absolutely nothing to further their own political ends?

Now the 9/11 "LIHOP"-ist falls back on the uncanny ability of "THEM" to frighten anybody into keeping their mouth shut. Hundreds of angry and indignant intelligence pros who saw their work disregarded, now threatened into silence by...well, nobody's ever been able to agree on who would have done the threatening, but we'll go with Halliburton because implicating Cheney is an absolute must with these sorts of things.

How come none of them have come forward since the change of administration?

Now the 9/11 "LIHOP"-ist is forced to inflate the scenario yet again so that the perpetrators were not merely the Bush Administration, but some shadowy group so powerful they could get away with it after the transfer of power.

LIHOP also fails the Inflationary Limit of Conspiracy Theories test. On its surface it may "seem" to be more plausible, but it also requires unrealistic layers of complexity added onto it for it to remain viable.

LIHOP - also fail.

Last edited by JoeyDonuts; 17th August 2009 at 01:22 AM.
JoeyDonuts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories