IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 5th April 2017, 09:26 AM   #361
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
Funny. Blackburn was there -- he's the author of The Beast of Boggy Creek. Jerry Halstead was there, as was Kathy Strain. I talked briefly with Lyle and Loren and they were kind enough to autograph my copy of Lyle's book. (Loren wrote the introduction).

A few things I learned:

-- Lyle seemed sincere, but too gullible. When he arrived at the Monster Mart, an employee told him that someone wanting to remain anonymous had come into the store a couple of days earlier with a sighting story on a nearby road that had had previous monster encounter stories based there. When we all went to this road later, wooded forest on one side and heavy brush on the other, Lyle mentioned the sightings there, including the one he just heard about. What's worse, within the week he published this unvetted sighting story on his web page as the most current encounter.

-- The Legend of Boggy Creek movie seems to be responsible for a lot of folks interest in Bigfoot. The climax of the film was the Ford Family Incident: two families in a rental house in Fouke were terrorized one night by a hairy intruder, as based on press clippings of the event. The location portrayed in the film seemed spookily remote. Our tour finished up at the location, although the house no longer stands. To my surprise, the house was located a football pass (by Brett Favre) distance from the main high-way. And not near any body of water that would draw in an alleged monster.

-- As a bonus, we visited (the now late) Smokey Crabtree's home, where he had a trailer bookstore and an exhibit of the skeletal remains of some large animal discovered in the woods between Fouke and Shreveport. Smokey was pawning off the remains as possibly from the Fouke Monster itself and charging a modest fee to view the exhibit. The funny thing is, I once tangled with Strain (Hairy Man) at BFF over the issue of Crabtree's profit motive in promoting monster lore in Fouke and mentioned the skeleton exhibit (btw, the remains are that of a tiger, minus its head). Strain assured BFF that she had visited Crabtree previously, viewed the skeleton exhibit uncharged, and that Smokey was a straight up guy. That day in Fouke, I wondered what Kathy was thinking when Smokey mentioned the remains and the fee to see it.
Lyle seems like a definite believer to me, well maybe a touch of wryness to his belief, but I don't have too much trouble imagining him genuinely looking under his bed before he goes to sleep.

I've followed some of his stuff on Cryptomundo (which is a shockingly poor website full of merchandise and nonsense) and it's easy to see that he likely jots down all of these random stories passed along to him and publishes them asap, making it seem like these are stories he's gathered over many years.

Nothing that that bunch of odd-jobs does really surprises me, as it's mostly all for profit. One look on Cryptomundo confirms that these people are all about patting each other on the back, recommending each others books and then trying to reap any kind of reward that they possibly can.

That Adam Davies bloke is a true example of an absolute wally who has finally gathered enough money from selling toys on Ebay, saving his Grandma's inheritance, quitting his job at Tesco and then travelling the world pretending to be Indiana Jones.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2017, 07:40 PM   #362
The Shrike
Philosopher

Okay, advice time: Next week is our student chapter of The Wildlife Society's annual "beast feast" fundraiser. Students prepare meals of the game they've hunted over the past year and there's a big potluck dinner and judging on the best dishes. All the student chapters do them and it's a fun tradition - about 30 years ago, my girlfriend cooked up a pretty nice stew from a beaver carcass that one of our classmates gave her. So I married her . . .

Anyway I don't hunt but I had a thought that I should prepare something and claim that it's bigfoot meat they're eating (Sassbury Steak, perhaps?) My wife suggested that I do that but make it vegan for all the hippies. (I might not go vegan, but I'm okay with going meatless via some textured veg protein or some such I can doctor up.)

So - give me your best ideas! I need your real imitation bigfoot meat recipes. Go:
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2017, 07:58 PM   #363
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Did the beaver taste like wood?
Old 5th April 2017, 08:10 PM   #364
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Did the beaver taste like wood?
No man, that was the chicken.

Hudson Bay Co. trappers of old would be appalled that we didn't cook the tail. Instead - with only the dull knives we swiped from the dining hall - she managed to flay some backstrap and hindquarter meat into the stew. It was good - much more like beef than I expected based on my experience with squirrel that I find quite chickenlike.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2017, 09:14 PM   #365
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Next week is our student chapter of The Wildlife Society's annual "beast feast" fundraiser. Students prepare meals of the game they've hunted
. . . but make it vegan for all the hippies.
Does not compute.
Quote:
So - give me your best ideas! I need your real imitation bigfoot meat recipes. Go:
Take a large Tupperware bowl with cover.
Fill it with Good and Plenty.
Cover.

Serve as "leftovers", since this is the only evidence of BF to date.

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 01:09 AM   #366
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Amazing. No matter how bizarre the concept, there's always something out the on the net.
Allow me to present:

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/reci...squatch-burger

http://www.bigfootresearchnews.com/2...er-recipe.html
(This one is quite funny, and not really a recipe)/

http://beefjerkyrecipes.com/news/jer...squatch-jerky/
(A gift, but I think there's a recipe in there somewhere).

And so I say unto you, in the words of my uncle, "Allez cuisine!"

Bring Back the Yak! P.J. Denyer
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 04:47 AM   #367
Drewbot
Philosopher

Sasquatch-Turd Chili.

Just have an empty crock pot on the table.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 06:17 AM   #368
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

It's more the style than the substance that matters here, I think. I would go with simple ground beef -- properly spiced -- and some basic veggies (potatoes, carrots, onions) cooked in an aluminum foil packet on a campfire.
Old 6th April 2017, 06:50 AM   #369
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster

There are some who believe sasquatch to be feral human.
A homeless person should suffice as a meat substitute.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 07:35 AM   #370
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Tom Biscardi is back and Bigfoot appears on the stock market.

http://www.einnews.com/pr_news/37380...bigfoot-bounty
Old 6th April 2017, 09:07 AM   #371
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Okay, advice time: Next week is our student chapter of The Wildlife Society's annual "beast feast" fundraiser. Students prepare meals of the game they've hunted over the past year and there's a big potluck dinner and judging on the best dishes. All the student chapters do them and it's a fun tradition - about 30 years ago, my girlfriend cooked up a pretty nice stew from a beaver carcass that one of our classmates gave her. So I married her . . .

Anyway I don't hunt but I had a thought that I should prepare something and claim that it's bigfoot meat they're eating (Sassbury Steak, perhaps?) My wife suggested that I do that but make it vegan for all the hippies. (I might not go vegan, but I'm okay with going meatless via some textured veg protein or some such I can doctor up.)

Just serve up a plate with nothing on it. That would in the very least be more accurate of a real-life Bigfoot dish!

"Bigfoot, we cook it so rare that it's non-existent!" Bon Appetite!

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 10:52 AM   #372
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
Just serve up a plate with nothing on it. That would in the very least be more accurate of a real-life Bigfoot dish!

"Bigfoot, we cook it so rare that it's non-existent!" Bon Appetite!
Whatever you make be sure to add some fingers from a gorilla costume.
Old 7th April 2017, 08:08 PM   #373
The Shrike
Philosopher

Some good suggestions there. On a dessert theme I love this bundt cake idea, but this one is closer to my speed.
Old 10th April 2017, 06:26 PM   #374
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.chronline.com/news/bigfoo...fd487ec7b.html

Bigfoot Enthusiast to Offer New Spring Class at Centralia College
‘The Old Ones, the First Americans’: Course Builds on his Bigfoot Research, Incorporates Stones He Found Depicting the Creature

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2017, 07:02 PM   #375
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I think Mitchel Townsend is that Jonny Dagger guy.
Old 10th April 2017, 07:15 PM   #376
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Yes.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2017, 11:10 AM   #377
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

$1M is being offered for capture of Bigfoot

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com...ure-of-bigfoot

Bigfoot Project Investments, Inc. is offering the chance to win a $1 million 'Bigfoot Bounty' in exchange for "information leading to the capture or delivery of a bona fide Bigfoot." - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com....6BrptL8v.dpuf

Area X are sitting on a cool million dollars...but will never claim the prize. Remember, Footers aren't interested in money, apart from when they're asking people who join their groups to donate it by the bucket-load and pay silly fees to go on trips where all they'll encounter is midges and fat guys wearing caps.

Old 12th April 2017, 02:27 PM   #378
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Bigfoot Project Investments, Inc. is offering the chance to win a $1 million 'Bigfoot Bounty' in exchange for "information leading to the capture or delivery of a bona fide Bigfoot." - See more at: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com....6BrptL8v.dpuf

Area X are sitting on a cool million dollars...but will never claim the prize. Remember, Footers aren't interested in money, apart from when they're asking people who join their groups to donate it by the bucket-load and pay silly fees to go on trips where all they'll encounter is midges and fat guys wearing caps.
A mildo is a bit light in comparison to the money the Bigfoot Project Investments, Inc. would make off an actual footie. I bet they get all rights to the story and the body.

Like your bet with NL though, ain't no footer gonna collect anything but ticks in 2017. Or any other year.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2017, 05:20 PM   #379
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
A mildo is a bit light in comparison to the money the Bigfoot Project Investments, Inc. would make off an actual footie. I bet they get all rights to the story and the body.

Like your bet with NL though, ain't no footer gonna collect anything but ticks in 2017. Or any other year.
Took me a while to figure out what you meant by "mildo." In the meantime I kept trying to find the context for its more obvious meaning. I still prefer that meaning, and I am certain that someone here can fit it into the milieu.
Old 13th April 2017, 11:37 AM   #380
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Which is a paltry sum now and even insulting given there's already been a $10 million bounty from Spike TV. And still nothing. The new offer needed to be $50 million if he wanted some actual press.

This Biscardi dude has some serious mental issues. Several years ago he was on the Coast to Coast radio show all excited that "he and his team" had actually caught (yes caught) a Bigfoot and was telling George all about how he had a "respected veterinarian" studying it as they spoke but that it was 3 states away in a secret location and he (Biscardi) was still trying to make his way there to go see it. If he could just quit doing live radio shows long enough to do it. Then alas, a few days later there was a call with some devastating news, the beast had "escaped" from its veterinarian approved cage never to be seen again. He was immediately banned from Coast to Coast for life.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 12:35 PM   #381
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
This Biscardi dude has some serious mental issues. Several years ago he was on the Coast to Coast radio show all excited that "he and his team" had actually caught (yes caught) a Bigfoot and was telling George all about how he had a "respected veterinarian" studying it as they spoke but that it was 3 states away in a secret location and he (Biscardi) was still trying to make his way there to go see it. If he could just quit doing live radio shows long enough to do it. Then alas, a few days later there was a call with some devastating news, the beast had "escaped" from its veterinarian approved cage never to be seen again. He was immediately banned from Coast to Coast for life.
Was that the Daisy in a Box thingee? I get 'em confused.

WS
Old 13th April 2017, 12:54 PM   #382
Drewbot
Philosopher

He has been trying to outdo Neil Burgstahler's invisible Bigfoot being studied at UC Berkely under the supervision of Stephen Hawking, and they had it in a containment vessel, but it would escape and bzzzt around the building.

Biscardi is no Burgstahler.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2017, 05:26 PM   #383
The Shrike
Philosopher

I went with this bigfoot cake design for the Beast Feast. 'Twas super easy and a big hit. Carry on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 10.16.38 PM.jpg (39.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 13th April 2017, 05:33 PM   #384
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Mid-tarsal bake.
Old 13th April 2017, 05:47 PM   #385
The Shrike
Philosopher

^Well done, sir.
Old 13th April 2017, 08:26 PM   #386
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Was that the Daisy in a Box thingee? I get 'em confused.
Actually I don't think so, but I can't keep them straight either, so maybe. I remember that particular incident in general as I was actually listening to the show that night, but the real specifics have become a bit blurry.

I went with this bigfoot cake design for the Beast Feast. 'Twas super easy and a big hit. Carry on.
It's even more appropriate than your students know. Or do they?

Mid-tarsal bake.
The funniest part is in the esoteric Bigfoot knowledge that joke requires to "get it".
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2017, 02:05 PM   #387
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

The "Daisy In A Box" thingee:

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.mx/2...-captured.html
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2017, 02:56 PM   #388
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
A bigfoot hoax by any other name . . .

WS
Old 18th April 2017, 03:45 PM   #389
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

U.S. Special Forces Hunt 'Killer Bigfoot' Group in Western North Carolina

Quote:
“In the early 90s, I was with the 'Teams' in the Navy. We were sanctioned by an alphabet government agency to put a stop to several aggressive Sasquatch in the high country in western North Carolina. We all thought it was a joke at the mission briefing but it was no joke. My partner (in our team of twelve) was my swim buddy. He was Native American. This man wasn't scared of anything. Before we were ordered to go out, during the briefing, all of these agents were showing us slides of what these creatures did to people; adults and children alike, as well as the damage done to vehicles and homes. Anyway, my buddy turned white with sheer fear. He told me, 'This is bad. Really bad.'....

http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2...r-bigfoot.html
Old 18th April 2017, 04:41 PM   #390
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

http://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2...r-bigfoot.html
Quote:
Why couldnt this be true? People are so quick to say "fake" or call people liars or crazy. Sasquatch Chronicles has hundreds of interviews with actual witnesses to these creatures. Interviews with Judges, with Doctors, with Lawyers...Police officers. People considered upstanding citizens in their communities they live in. Are they all telling lies.
Pretty much.

WS
Old 18th April 2017, 05:08 PM   #391
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Sam Elliott is going to be starring in a Godwined Bigfoot movie...

Originally Posted by DeadlineDotCom
It’s a curious title and a bit of a mouthful, but John Sayles is executive producing and Sam Elliott has come aboard to star in writer/director Robert Krzykowski’s The Man Who Killed Hitler and then The Bigfoot.

The story follows a legendary American war veteran named Calvin Barr (Elliott) who, decades after serving in WWII and assassinating Adolf Hitler, must now hunt down the fabled Bigfoot. Living a peaceful life in New England, the former veteran is contacted by the FBI and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to lead the charge as the creature is carrying a deadly plague and is hidden deep inside the Canadian wilderness...

http://deadline.com/2017/04/john-say...oot-1202068721
Old 19th April 2017, 01:37 AM   #392
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
Which is a paltry sum now and even insulting given there's already been a $10 million bounty from Spike TV. And still nothing. The new offer needed to be $50 million if he wanted some actual press.

Are you sure that wasn't Donald Trump?
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2017, 07:41 PM   #393
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Now I'll have to eat crow.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

PhD's "Astounded" by Sasquatch videos and Proof of Bigfoot

WS
Old 20th April 2017, 03:30 AM   #394
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Are you sure that wasn't Donald Trump?
The Donald "has escaped from his veterinarian approved cage never to be seen again"? I wish!
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 03:08 PM   #395
EHocking
Philosopher

Now I'll have to eat crow.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

PhD's "Astounded" by Sasquatch videos and Proof of Bigfoot
TDDW*

* Too Dumb Didn't Watch.
Help me establish this as a new BF meme!

A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2017, 06:41 PM   #396
The Shrike
Philosopher

"Roger, that's a Special Forces' tattoo."
Old 21st April 2017, 12:09 AM   #397
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

https://squatchdetective.wordpress.c...heir-mouth-is/
Quote:
But according to their latest SEC filing “all their resources,” according to their spread sheets, as of January 31st, 2017 is, wait for it…. $36K and change. Not even “Fifty Large.”

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2017, 04:54 AM   #398
Drewbot
Philosopher

Is it coincidental that LongtabberPE was from North Carolina, and was also special forces?
Old 21st April 2017, 05:06 AM   #399
Drewbot
Philosopher

Bigfooters have been searching for the Big Feller for many years.
They have not gotten even 1 clear video. There are thousands of Bigfoots living across this continent, in semi-rural areas, crossing highways, raiding trailer homes and casino parking lots.

This guy goes out in the Florida woods and gets clear footage of one of the rarest large predators in the world.

Oh, and he wasn't even looking for this species.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a7a_1492738981
Old 22nd April 2017, 02:08 PM   #400
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Is it coincidental that LongtabberPE was from North Carolina, and was also special forces (whenever he was on a forum)?
FTFY

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal