IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 1st June 2017, 06:25 PM   #481
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

How can it be a safe camp with bigfoot around?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2017, 10:20 PM   #482
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
How can it be a safe camp with bigfoot around?
So far, the most ferocious attacks seem to involve tossing pebbles and Good-N-Plenties. And sometimes pinecones. Okay, and some pigs, but not in the general direction of humans.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2017, 05:29 AM   #483
Drewbot
Philosopher

As I mentioned in the other thread, "BAD AIM" is the trait that has allowed them to survive in North America. As younglings, if the Bigfoot had good aim, he would hit someone or break a window, and get shot, running off to die in the woods before being able to pass on his 'GOOD AIM' genes.

Those with bad aim were left to pass on their genes.

Nobody has proven this, but I think all the Bigfoots that are left in North America are cross-eyed. Prove me wrong.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2017, 09:08 AM   #484
dmaker
Graduate Poster

I just learned today that President Obama issued a secret memo dealing with bigfoot during the Ketchum study. I think the gist of it had something to do with making it a violation to declare relict hominid DNA. Or something like that. It's all very secret and it would cost me thousands of dollars in a bet for the claimant to actually produce any evidence of this memo.

How can you not love bigfootery sometimes? It's always good for a laugh.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2017, 09:53 AM   #485
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
So far, the most ferocious attacks seem to involve tossing pebbles...
Fruity pebbles or chocolate?

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2017, 11:27 AM   #486
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
Fruity pebbles or chocolate?
Depends on the expiration date.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2017, 11:38 AM   #487
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
I just learned today that President Obama issued a secret memo dealing with bigfoot during the Ketchum study. I think the gist of it had something to do with making it a violation to declare relict hominid DNA. Or something like that. It's all very secret and it would cost me thousands of dollars in a bet for the claimant to actually produce any evidence of this memo.

How can you not love bigfootery sometimes? It's always good for a laugh.
That Branco has more stories than Jodie's family, but I guess he doesn't realize that not everyone is as credulous as the footers he is accustomed to bull ********.

He is yet another bigfoot entrepreneur:
https://www.amazon.com/Southern-Bigf.../dp/B01AYBR6HO

WS
Old 2nd June 2017, 12:38 PM   #488
dmaker
Graduate Poster

I had no idea he also published bigfoot fantasy fiction.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2017, 12:39 PM   #489
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

If you can tell a story, you can sell a story.
Old 5th June 2017, 06:11 AM   #490
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Want to see pictures of a Bigfoot bed?

http://bigfootforums.com/topic/56089...update/?page=7

I guess any sort of irregularity in the forest floor could be a bed. But those would be anywhere and everywhere. It's unlikely to be the bed or even resting place of any animal.

Let your inner pareidolia run free. For Bigfoot!
Old 5th June 2017, 07:17 AM   #491
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Want to see pictures of a Bigfoot bed?

http://bigfootforums.com/topic/56089...update/?page=7

I guess any sort of irregularity in the forest floor could be a bed. But those would be anywhere and everywhere. It's unlikely to be the bed or even resting place of any animal.

Let your inner pareidolia run free. For Bigfoot!
This is the reality of bigfoot evidence in general. It's horse ****. Looking at who proposes and defends that horse **** in that thread tells you all you need to know about bigfootery. It takes very little to fool a bigfooter, as anyone who fools them could tell you.

WS
Old 5th June 2017, 07:34 AM   #492
GT/CS
Illuminator

Those folks make me sad. At least they have internet bigfoot to fill their empty lives.
Old 5th June 2017, 07:36 AM   #493
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Branco, Sasfooty, FarArcher....the endless list Internet attention whoring on epic levels.
The part I find fascinating is what do they get out of it?
At BFF it's much more about acceptance as opposed to some of the behaviour (trollish) we see on this fourm?
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2017, 08:47 AM   #494
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Those folks make me sad. At least they have internet bigfoot to fill their empty lives.
Some of these folks claim they get afield; what's wrong with doing a little camping, fishing, hunting or birding all on its own? Why is it necessary to include a nonexistent entity into the mix? If they want real outdoors danger, I have some suggestions.

WS
Old 5th June 2017, 10:01 AM   #495
GT/CS
Illuminator

Is Sweaty still around?
Old 5th June 2017, 10:24 AM   #496
dmaker
Graduate Poster

He's around the BFF in the PGF threads. Mostly to ask Kit the same question over and over and over again.
Old 5th June 2017, 12:08 PM   #497
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

This is the reality of bigfoot evidence in general. It's horse ****. Looking at who proposes and defends that horse **** in that thread tells you all you need to know about bigfootery. It takes very little to fool a bigfooter, as anyone who fools them could tell you.
I'm not even sure if that thing qualifies as a depression in the forest litter. It seems way too small to be a Bigfoot bed so maybe it's a crib for an infant.

I'll tell you what it really looks like. I think that an alien fell out of a spaceship onto his butt right there.
Old 5th June 2017, 12:15 PM   #498
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I'm not even sure if that thing qualifies as a depression in the forest litter. It seems way too small to be a Bigfoot bed so maybe it's a crib for an infant.

I'll tell you what it really looks like. I think that an alien fell out of a spaceship onto his butt right there.
You have to read Branco's indignant butt-hurt reply:
Quote:
Yes Sir, I Know the bed was made by a Bigfoot. Anyone with and ounce of common sense, normal eyesight, an inquiring mind, but without an pompous, ego driven belief that he/she knows everything, would have concluded the same thing. Your disagreement with the facts are as immaterial and pointless as a buffalo gnat 's attempt to copulate with a turkey buzzard.

Let me clue you in; there was in fact supporting physical evidence that a Bigfoot had not only carefully made the pile of duff shown in the photo, but had also lain on the original duff under it at some time in the past. The foot print sizes and shape, and the indentations left in the ground by the animal's weight is physical evidence that no human or other animals made those tracks.

The sizes of the parcels of duff that were lifted from the ground by something with two forearms and hands that were slid along the ground's surface were generally two feet long and nearly that wide in some cases. It was obvious that the length of the forearms plus the hands that lifted the duff parcels were not those of typical humans.

The fact that the ground and rotted duff left exposed when the top layers of the duff had been lifted were later carefully covered by duff gathered in hands-full from nearby high-ground, absolutely shows the entire actions were performed by a highly intelligent animal.

It may have been impossible for you to make these determinations, but no surprise there.
Liars sure get out of shape when they get caught lying. He surely can't believe the stupid he is typing.

Or can he?

WS
Old 5th June 2017, 12:27 PM   #499
dmaker
Graduate Poster

He sure don't like me much. FarArcher has joined the fray and they are both enjoying burning me in effigy. DWA is happy to fan the flames. He'll side with anyone if he thinks it will support his point and discredit a skeptic. I've even seen him side with Sasfooty in the past.

The thing is that I'm not even being antagonistic or unreasonable. I'm simply pointing out that without supporting physical evidence one must consider all the more reasonable sources. But what do I know? I mean any one in full charge of their wits, has decent eyesight and is not a know it all, can clearly see that lump of leaves was made by a bigfoot. Sheesh.
Old 5th June 2017, 12:33 PM   #500
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Quote:
pointless as a buffalo gnat's attempt to copulate with a turkey buzzard.
That's not pointless at all and it results in a fertile hybrid species. It's known as the Buffnat Tuzzard.
Old 5th June 2017, 12:37 PM   #501
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Buffnat Tuzzard. Love it. I hear their favorite food is covfefe.
Old 5th June 2017, 12:38 PM   #502
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

FarArcher has joined the fray and they are both enjoying burning me in effigy.
He wants you to wear a chicken drumsticks and porkchop necklace while tied to a tree. But because he doesn't really believe that Bigfoot exists, he forget to suggest poisoning the meats.
Old 5th June 2017, 12:40 PM   #503
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Buffnat Tuzzard. Love it. I hear their favorite food is covfefe.
Yeah, and the Turkey Buzzard is already a hybrid itself. So much for pointless copulations.
Old 5th June 2017, 12:47 PM   #504
dmaker
Graduate Poster

If he is so positive that his meat necklace is the way to go to bring in a bigfoot, why doesn't he just tie a pigtail around his neck, hug some bark and then bag one when they approach?

Oh, yeah bigfoot is not real, and he knows it. It's just a stage for him to live out his fantasies.

Last edited by dmaker; 5th June 2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 5th June 2017, 12:49 PM   #505
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Not leaving any hair behind after having slept on the forest floor - bigfoot amazing talent number 127.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2017, 12:53 PM   #506
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

If he is so positive that his meat necklace is the way to go to bring in a bigfoot, why doesn't he just tie a pigtail around his neck, hug some bark and then bag one when they approach?

Oh, yeah bigfoot is not real, and he knows it. It's just a stage for him to live out his fantasies.
I wonder what dragged him out of the woodwork? His kickstarter is stuck and he hasn't BLAARGed recently about his seekrit mountainside footie lair . . . is it just the attention?

Does anyone know if he's tried to sell his bull **** story somewhere else?

WS

Last edited by Resume; 5th June 2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 5th June 2017, 01:04 PM   #507
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

The way I figure it, these aggressive blowhards are what we should have in Bigfootery. It makes sense and is good for business. A person who is "curious" about the Bigfoot thing gets to see these guys right off the bat. The front lines of the World of Bigfoot Belief. Rational people will run away screaming.

They insure that Bigfootery stays crazy as can be. Bigfootery should either be batcrap wacko or totally non-existent.

Intelligent Bigfoot belief is an oxymoron. It's like an Anchovy Bear which truly is a pointless copulation because it doesn't work.
Old 5th June 2017, 01:05 PM   #508
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Okay, so far I think:

FarArcher = BLAARGer
Branco = Ditto
DWA = Credule
MiB = Ditto
OS = Dunno

WS
Old 5th June 2017, 01:08 PM   #509
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

FarArcher is talking about "here in the West", but he is supposed to live in Florida. I can't keep it straight.
Old 5th June 2017, 01:12 PM   #510
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

FarArcher is talking about "here in the West", but he is supposed to live in Florida. I can't keep it straight.
I don't think he'd keeping track.

Hey FarArcher, sign on up over here and let's discuss your extensive footie knowledge. I'll even kick in a few $$ to your kickstarter for the pleasure.

ETA: This goes for DWA too. I'd get him a juice box.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 5th June 2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 6th June 2017, 05:17 AM   #511
Drewbot
Philosopher

The way I figure it, these aggressive blowhards are what we should have in Bigfootery. It makes sense and is good for business. A person who is "curious" about the Bigfoot thing gets to see these guys right off the bat. The front lines of the World of Bigfoot Belief. Rational people will run away screaming.

They insure that Bigfootery stays crazy as can be. Bigfootery should either be batcrap wacko or totally non-existent.

Intelligent Bigfoot belief is an oxymoron. It's like an Anchovy Bear which truly is a pointless copulation because it doesn't work.
Yes, this is Bigfootry in a nutshell.

The Expeditions are a bunch of whacked out Bigfooters getting together, and they are trying to out Cuckoo each other, but at the same time try to give the illusion that they are the calm, scientific one.

A hypothetical example:

Setting: A Bigfoot expedition somewhere in North America

SUBJECT 1
Quote:
It was coming right for me through the bushes, it was the big grey one, with the twisted right incisor, (you know, the one that chased Wendy into Deer tick valley, and she twisted her ankle in the Wood-ape's pit-trap?) so I reached for my Scoped, Flash-suppressing M-14, but got my foot tangled in the chair, as I was falling, I got off three- 7.62 mike-mike rounds at center-torso... well, lets call it Just left of center torso, I hit the ground, and was paralyzed by some infra-sound wave for a few seconds, right after that, I called y'all on the Two-Dub. Thanks for getting here so fast...
SUBJECT 2 (Team Leader)
Quote:
"OMG are you OK? David! break out the BOOK OF SIGHTINGS, we must enter forth this information."
SUBJECT 3 (The Sciencey Team Member)
Quote:
Hmmm... this individual specimen has been very active lately, we've recorded him in the last month; Smearing feces on our sleeping bags, while they dried on the line, Chucking small rocks at our sleeping accommodations, Knocking down old, ant-eaten trees during windy days, We also know he stole Betsy's 12-pack of Blueberry pop-tarts when she set it out next to the fire-pit. This aggressive charge today is an escalation, we shall have to be supremely vigilant when this feller is around. We should probably come up with a name for him. I'm thinking "WOOD APE G194Z".
SUBJECT 2 (Team Leader)
Quote:
No 'WOOD APE G194Z' is not scientific enough for our standards, how about... "Big Grey"?
All (in unison)
Quote:
Yes! BIG GREY
<< END SCENE>>

<<<ALL AT BFF APPLAUD WITH GUSTO>>>
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2017, 01:47 PM   #512
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Okay, so far I think:

FarArcher = BLAARGer
Branco = Ditto
DWA = Credule
MiB = Ditto
OS = Dunno
Is ass-hat also an option? If so, I'd have the "ass-hat" box ticked next to all of their names.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2017, 01:52 PM   #513
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Is ass-hat also an option? If so, I'd have the "ass-hat" box ticked next to all of their names.
It's implied.

WS
Old 6th June 2017, 02:15 PM   #514
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

It's implied.
Bigfoot: The Ass-Hat Implication.

Old 6th June 2017, 06:41 PM   #515
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Bigfoot: The Ass-Hat Implication.
More asshattery:
http://bigfootforums.com/topic/55716...lled-2/?page=4

Quote:
My book has nothing to do with bigfoot, biology, or anything similar. If you were to enjoy the most basic fundamentals of reading comprehension, you'd realize that rather that blowing things out your nether region that have nothing to do with what we're discussing.

I've never told any "spooky stories," so you're a lying fabricator on that point. Hate to be that blunt - but if that's what you must resort to - you must be desperate to strike out at something - having nothing of substance.

I don't peddle these things off as real. In fact I've said more than once - I wish I'd never had my little meeting engagement - so once again - you're a fabricating liar. Once I ever meet a liar - one who resorts to lies and fabrications - it's a bad habit of mine - but I will never believe anything they say again. Your credibility is zero. Actually, worse. I prefer stone-cold killers - who are honest - than a liar or a thief.

I never try to fool anyone - but you try to fool people with your obsessive denials and refusals of any evidence other member feel is substantial enough to discuss. Anyone from outside that wishes to visit this site out of curiosity, or to perhaps learn more about the topic of these cavemen - you just gotta show how tough and smart you are with arbitrary marker posts of what you have determined is acceptable evidence and what is not.

Let's be bluntly honest. People like me, MIB, Branco, and others just **** you off because we are absolutely certain you are wrong. I mean, we know it. We know and have experienced things you never have, and are completely ignorant of. We are absolutely positive with zero degree of error of what we experienced. And you didn't experience diddly squat. Isn't that frustrating. Worse - I didn't want the experience. Wish I'd never had it, a thousand times over.

But too sorry to get off your butt and go spend time in remote areas to find out for yourself. You won't because of your fear, your inadequacy, your lack of skills, lack of determination, lack of overall capability, lack of basic woodcraft, total lack of tracking skills - basically, you're just not up to it. And it grates you. The only way you can compensate is to attack others who spent time, invested in hardship locations that gave results, and men who can do the things necessary to engage these things - and the truth.

Angry compensation for personal shortcomings. That's why you live here.
Bigfootery operates at a 12-year-old's level.

WS
Old 6th June 2017, 06:54 PM   #516
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Quote:
But too sorry to get off your butt and go spend time in remote areas to find out for yourself. You won't because of your fear, your inadequacy, your lack of skills, lack of determination, lack of overall capability, lack of basic woodcraft, total lack of tracking skills - basically, you're just not up to it. And it grates you.
And you have small hands.

Quote:
I prefer stone-cold killers - who are honest - than a liar or a thief.
I don't always drink beer. But when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
Old 6th June 2017, 07:04 PM   #517
dmaker
Graduate Poster

I've never really understood the proponent accusation that I'm too lazy to go and do "field research" of my own. Or too scared, in this case.

This makes no sense to me at all. What? I should be more like SWWASAS (or whatever his name is) and park my car at the trailhead, stomp off a few meters and start declaring everything (including stumps) evidence of bigfoot? What would possess me to do that?

This FarArcher fella sure likes to make it personal, though. He does not like it one bit of you challenge his little campfire stories.
Old 6th June 2017, 07:24 PM   #518
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I've never really understood the proponent accusation that I'm too lazy to go and do "field research" of my own. Or too scared, in this case.
Bigfooters don't understand (or refuse to acknowledge) that all kinds of people do all kinds of things out in the "field" and have been doing so for tens of thousands of years. Sort of kills their narrative about a giant monkey wandering undiscovered in N.A.
Quote:
This makes no sense to me at all. What? I should be more like SWWASAS (or whatever his name is) and park my car at the trailhead, stomp off a few meters and start declaring everything (including stumps) evidence of bigfoot? What would possess me to do that?
We've seen enough car-camping adventurers engaging in confirmation bias at every tossed candy to understand what's going on.
Quote:
This FarArcher fella sure likes to make it personal, though. He does not like it one bit of you challenge his little campfire stories.
Liars don't enjoy getting caught out.

WS
Old 6th June 2017, 09:14 PM   #519
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I guess we forgot to include liar as an option. Actually, I no longer think lying is optional; it's just what these folks do. Some of them believe the bull **** they're shoveling, but it's still bull ****. The only ones that get off the hook are those in need of help.

WS
Old 7th June 2017, 03:28 AM   #520
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

More asshattery:
http://bigfootforums.com/topic/55716...lled-2/?page=4

Once I ever meet a liar - one who resorts to lies and fabrications - it's a bad habit of mine - but I will never believe anything they say again. Your credibility is zero. Actually, worse. I prefer stone-cold killers - who are honest - than a liar or a thief.

Bigfootery operates at a 12-year-old's level.
So much could be marveled at in the therapist's chair with this guy. It takes some kind of weird sexual fetish to brazenly call people "fabricating liars" when you're getting your jollies by actively fabricating lies. What's really creepy is that these people aren't 12. Something is genuinely wrong with most of these people, of that I'm certain.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal