IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 6th January 2017, 01:26 PM   #41
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
Because I'm not one of the three owners of the SRA group and it's not mine to send. How about this? As I said earlier, I do have a conference call with all three next Tuesday so I will ask them if they have any objection to me forwarding it to you. If not, I will be happy to send it your way.
Okay. I note, however, that this is different from your original response to me in which you indicated you would supply it were I to say I were more likely to come. There was no indication of it not being yours to share as the reason for not sharing it.

Last edited by Garrette; 6th January 2017 at 01:27 PM.
Garrette is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 01:40 PM   #42
Drewbot
Philosopher

Oh boy, this Peter Caine guy is great.

Sasquatch Dens in Beaver dam State Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3x4yU8Us8E
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 01:52 PM   #43
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Oh boy, this Peter Caine guy is great.

Sasquatch Dens in Beaver dam State Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3x4yU8Us8E
He was doig training.

I truly hope this guy doesn't really own guns, but I think he does.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 02:03 PM   #44
Drewbot
Philosopher

If you watch his videos, you can tell he's doing a comedy routine. Making fun of Bigfooters. It's really hilarious.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 03:47 PM   #45
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

If you watch his videos, you can tell he's doing a comedy routine. Making fun of Bigfooters. It's really hilarious.
My favorite.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

NSFA

I wonder if we can get DWA to fall for this?

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 04:14 PM   #46
The Shrike
Philosopher

It's really hilarious.
Agreed - he stays in character at least as well as Stephen Colbert and he's intentionally pronouncing sasquatch the way Moneymaker does. This guy is good.

I think that video of the mama sasquatch and her cub is legit, but why does she live in his bathroom?

ETA: I had to look up his exact location 'cause I've been through Beaver Dams a couple of times. He's on the county road (off the state highway) though, so I've been close but not quite past his house. That's Coon Hollow State Forest behind him in the videos, so I guess that's where all the bigfoots come from. I wonder if they sit up on the hills to watch the racing at Watkins Glen?

Last edited by The Shrike; 6th January 2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: had possibly been there
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 04:33 PM   #47
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

This one looks just like that stupid Matilda footie from the Erickson project nonsense. The footers are gathering up the torches for this guy.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 6th January 2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 6th January 2017, 04:43 PM   #48
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
I AGREE

This one looks just like that stupid Matilda footie from the Erickson project nonsense. The footers are gathering up the torches for this guy.
For reference.
I AGREE

The Face of Matilda The Sleeping Bigfoot

The best bigfoot evidence is indistinguishable from a hoax.

WS
Old 6th January 2017, 06:51 PM   #49
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

The resemblance to Matilda is enough to make me wonder about a connection.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th January 2017, 08:55 PM   #50
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Warning: NSFW language. Might just be closing in on winning our bet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft7nBx9oRl4
If I've told Bigfoot once I've told him a million times, stay away from freezers! It's a lesson he should've learned from the Rick Dyer Incident™. Dyer's part of a little known consortium called Big Freeze and they're very serious about freezing. So serious they're freezing their asses off.

Going way back, they're the faceless organization responsible for the "Plus FREE FREEZER!" exclamations in my favorite old "Joe's Credit Beef - Call For Cutting Times" commercials.

You can't make this stuff up.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 05:46 AM   #51
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Okay. I note, however, that this is different from your original response to me in which you indicated you would supply it were I to say I were more likely to come. There was no indication of it not being yours to share as the reason for not sharing it.
As you should....this is classic footer bob and weave when called out.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 09:47 AM   #52
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

He is funny, and much more so if you pay attention to Bigfootery. There is so much to like with all of his videos. He has a charming habit of calling out Bigfooters as a-holes. ROFL!

His videos don't really have many views. They also can't get much mainstream promotion because they are too vulgar.
Old 7th January 2017, 11:58 AM   #53
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Therefore I will ask directly: What is your reasoning for not sharing the NDA now?
If I recall correctly we dug a copy up a while back. The gist was that you were not allowed to say anything except what was released in writing by the hoax organizer.

In terms of why play this game - it is the same game a 12 year old girl plays when she says to a friend "you should have heard what Sally said about you..."

Baiting people. Look at me - I know something you don't know and hide it from you while you try to look at it... The one thing you can know about a person who does this is that it isn't some isolated thing where they act normally all day long except when they are BLAARGing.

Can you imagine working with a person like this or having to serve with them on a committee?
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 12:19 PM   #54
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Warning: NSFW language. Might just be closing in on winning our bet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft7nBx9oRl4
Not seen it yet, will let you know when I do. Here's hoping it's legit, although I won't hold my breath! lol.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 12:25 PM   #55
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Yes, the only way I can win the bet is for the scientific world to accept the existence of Sasquatch and not because of some knucklehead on YouTube. The clock is ticking and runs out at midnight on December 31st this year.
I didn't watch the whole video, as the guy didn't half drone on! But I skipped to the unveiling of the paper mache foot...And it's a paper mache foot!

The clock is ticking and runs out at midnight on December 31st this year.
Yep. It is!

How much will you owe me again?

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2017, 12:28 PM   #56
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

I didn't watch his act, but after reading a bit about him, I may give his sketches another go!

There's so much room for comedy skits in the world of Bigfootin'.

Old 7th January 2017, 04:24 PM   #57
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Just caught ten minutes of something called 'Alaska Monsters'
It seemed to involve a gang of men looking like spec ops in combat gear armed with rifles and shotguns wandering around in a dark forest. Their leader looks like Grizzly Adams grandad with a huge white beard.
They were claiming to be surrounded by a whole clan of Bigfoots led by an 'Alpha Clan Leader' they called 'Red Devil'. Lots of whooping and growling 'Ape noises' in the darkness and sound of tree trunks being pounded.
It was filmed in green light, I assume to mimic a night scope of some kind.
They were shouting in a panicked way about 'incoming' and the Devils were 'in the trees throwing rocks at them and that they were surrounded. Lots of crouching, aiming guns and one of them starts shooting randomly in to the trees with his pump shotgun and then some of the others had a shoot as well.
Next morning there was no sign of any 'creature'. They set up a 'bed of nails' trap that looked lethal to any thing or anyone stepping in it and that's where I stopped watching, it was time for the pub.

It all looks great fun.

Last edited by Andy_Ross; 7th January 2017 at 04:26 PM.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th January 2017, 02:33 PM   #58
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Another example footers doing the opposite of what actual researchers do.
http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/...iences/&page=5

Quote:
Aye, I've heard one roar - he must have been a couple hundred feet above us - and that was enough to make my hair stand up. We called it a night and uneasily crawled into our tents. Never head a scream - just a long, curved roar. If I'd been any closer, it probably would have parted my hair!
Aye, I understand that this is **** he just made up, but don't any of the footers there wonder why he needs a gofundme for 14 k to get some photos of ole foo when he was close enough to a footie that its howl "parted his hair." It was a hundred feet away, couldn't Cap'n Crunch use some of his spec ops sniper skills to bag the bigfoot? How dumb are bffers to buy into this crap?

WS
Old 10th January 2017, 04:23 AM   #59
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Another example footers doing the opposite of what actual researchers do.
http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/...iences/&page=5

Aye, I understand that this is **** he just made up, but don't any of the footers there wonder why he needs a gofundme for 14 k to get some photos of ole foo when he was close enough to a footie that its howl "parted his hair." It was a hundred feet away, couldn't Cap'n Crunch use some of his spec ops sniper skills to bag the bigfoot? How dumb are bffers to buy into this crap?
He was sleepy, though
Old 10th January 2017, 08:15 PM   #60
Northern Lights
Muse

Check your PM. I put it there for you to read.
Old 10th January 2017, 08:34 PM   #61
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

**** just got tense!

Edited by Locknar:  Edited, breach of rule 10; please do not attempt to avoid Otto (the autocensor) by attempting to mask or otherwise disguise swear words.

Last edited by Locknar; 11th January 2017 at 05:04 AM.
Old 11th January 2017, 02:35 AM   #62
Greebo
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Just caught ten minutes of something called 'Alaska Monsters'
It seemed to involve a gang of men looking like spec ops in combat gear armed with rifles and shotguns wandering around in a dark forest. Their leader looks like Grizzly Adams grandad with a huge white beard.
They were claiming to be surrounded by a whole clan of Bigfoots led by an 'Alpha Clan Leader' they called 'Red Devil'. Lots of whooping and growling 'Ape noises' in the darkness and sound of tree trunks being pounded.
It was filmed in green light, I assume to mimic a night scope of some kind.
They were shouting in a panicked way about 'incoming' and the Devils were 'in the trees throwing rocks at them and that they were surrounded. Lots of crouching, aiming guns and one of them starts shooting randomly in to the trees with his pump shotgun and then some of the others had a shoot as well.
Next morning there was no sign of any 'creature'. They set up a 'bed of nails' trap that looked lethal to any thing or anyone stepping in it and that's where I stopped watching, it was time for the pub.

It all looks great fun.
And in comparison to this a new species of gibbon has been found. From the link:-
"It's difficult to get into the reserve. You have to hike up to above 2,500m to find the gibbons. That's where the good quality forest usually starts - everywhere below there has been logged."
"Then you have to wake up really early in the morning and you listen out for the haunting song of the gibbons, which carries in the forest canopy."
"And when you hear it, you rush through the mud and the mist, and run for hundreds of metres to try and catch up with these gibbons."

Bit different eh?
Greebo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 04:32 AM   #63
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
**** just got tense! [edit]Moderated content removed.[/edit]
Really?

Last edited by Locknar; 11th January 2017 at 05:04 AM.
Garrette is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 04:33 AM   #64
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Thank you. Comments on it to come later.

As I have signed no NDA nor made any express or implied statements in regard to revealing the NDA itself, I may post the text in this thread to make commenting easier. I'll let you have an opportunity first, though, to object if you like and perhaps convince me otherwise.
Old 11th January 2017, 05:14 AM   #65
Northern Lights
Muse

Thank you. Comments on it to come later.

As I have signed no NDA nor made any express or implied statements in regard to revealing the NDA itself, I may post the text in this thread to make commenting easier. I'll let you have an opportunity first, though, to object if you like and perhaps convince me otherwise.
Thank you but I don't think that's necessary. Feel free to post away.
Old 11th January 2017, 06:05 AM   #66
Drewbot
Philosopher

NDA Text:
If you tell anyone about the location of the State owned land, which we have decided is our own personal Bigfoot hunting ground, we will sue you.

SUMMATION OF POTENTIAL DAMAGES
We are planning to find a Bigfoot at this location, and if you give away the location, hundreds of Footers will show up, ruining it for us. This is potentially MILLIONS of dollars of revenue that we would be losing if you give this info away.
Old 11th January 2017, 06:08 AM   #67
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

NDA Text:
If you tell anyone about the location of the State owned land, which we have decided is our own personal Bigfoot hunting ground, we will sue you.

SUMMATION OF POTENTIAL DAMAGES
We are planning to find a Bigfoot at this location, and if you give away the location, hundreds of Footers will show up, ruining it for us. This is potentially MILLIONS of dollars of revenue that we would be losing if you give this info away.
Not too far off, but the specifics matter here.
Old 11th January 2017, 06:14 AM   #68
Drewbot
Philosopher

Not really, because a judge is going to ask them to prove damages.

It's the same as a non-compete agreement. The plaintiff would have to show that the former employee is actually causing them to lose business, or compete with them.

Except the judge would be expecting some evidence that there is a Bigfoot out there, and The GOOD & PLENTY story isn't going to cut it.
Old 11th January 2017, 06:27 AM   #69
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

It's the same as a non-compete agreement. The plaintiff would have to show that the former employee is actually causing them to lose business, or compete with them.

Except the judge would be expecting some evidence that there is a Bigfoot out there, and The GOOD & PLENTY story isn't going to cut it.
Which gets to what I think is my biggest issue with the NDA. A bit busy this morning, but I'll try to post some comments with the actual NDA later.
Old 11th January 2017, 06:37 AM   #70
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I AGREE

More Yellowstone footies!

Perfect example of Feynman's warning about fooling oneself.

WS
Old 11th January 2017, 07:00 AM   #71
Northern Lights
Muse

There is more to this than just the location. We require everyone attending to provide us with emergency contact information for at least two people not attending. Additionally, we gather other personal information such as email, cell phones, etc. and the NDA protects from that information being distributed too.

If Garrett attends, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want his personal cell phone number splashed on the internet for all to see. It goes both ways.

Also Garrett, I forgot to add that there is a liability waiver that is required. I will be more than happy to provide that if you would like to read through it.
Old 11th January 2017, 07:01 AM   #72
Castro
Muse

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
If I recall correctly we dug a copy up a while back. The gist was that you were not allowed to say anything except what was released in writing by the hoax organizer...
I think that it was the BFRO NDA form which is available here: http://www.bfro.net/docs/nda.htm
Castro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 08:12 AM   #73
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Castro View Post
I think that it was the BFRO NDA form which is available here: http://www.bfro.net/docs/nda.htm
No. See next post.
Old 11th January 2017, 08:13 AM   #74
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

SRA Non-Disclosure Agreement as provided by Northern Lights via pm to me. Formatting is slightly different for clarity, but otherwise identical:

Quote:
SRA Non-Disclosure Agreement

This is an agreement between the Sasquatch Research Association LLC (SRA) and You (“You”, “I”, and “Me” referring to the signer of this agreement), where-by the SRA will disclose Confidential Information to You. Confidential Information means any geographic locations, research plans, inventions, and names and personal information of SRA members and contacts made through the SRA. Confidential Information does not include information that is approved by the SRA, in writing, for release.

• I agree not to disclose any Confidential Information (as defined above) to parties outside the SRA, including but not limit the public portions of the SRA website.
Initials:______

• I will promptly return any materials or equipment that have been furnished by the SRA during expeditions or in the course of conducting SRA business before the end of the last official day of the expedition or when required of me by the SRA. If necessary, I will pay for any required costs to return, repair, and/or replace any materials and equipment I borrow, unless other arrangements are made in writing before I take the equipment from the SRA. Initials:______

• This agreement shall last for a period of five years after the end of the expedition or the termination of the relationship between the parties (as applicable).

• Failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any term hereof.

• This agreement shall be governed by and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota and shall be binding upon the Recipient in the United States and worldwide.

I agree that any violation or threatened violation will cause irreparable injury, both financial and strategic, to the SRA and in addition to any and all remedies that may be available, in law, in equity or otherwise, the SRA shall be entitled to injunctive relief against the threatened breach of this Agreement by Me.

Expedition Name (if applicable):__________________________
Expedition Date (if applicable):__________________
Signature:________________________________________ _______ Date:________________________
Full Name (Print):__________________________________________ ________
Address:
Street:___________________________________________ City:___________________________________ State/Provence:________________________________
Postal Code:_____________________________ Country:______________________________________
Phone Number:__________________________________
E-Mail Address:__________________________________________

Last edited by Garrette; 11th January 2017 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11th January 2017, 08:16 AM   #75
Northern Lights
Muse

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
NL would you be willing to disclose the name of the public land the Bigfoots are located.
Having been down this road before with Chris, I'd love to know if it's a national/state park that I have not visited and may have other interest of mine, if I made the trip.
Sorry, I must have missed this earlier.

I'm not willing to disclose any of the exact locations but I will say that if we use public land, we go to state forests and not state parks. State forests allow for dispersed camping whereas state parks tend to require camping in designated locations. No permit is needed and the "leave no trace" courtesy expected.

We have explored State Wildlife Refuge sites, but camping does require permission from the land manager ahead of time and with so many other sites open, we haven't found it necessary to pursue that.

If I remember correctly, you had an NDA with Chris. Right?
Old 11th January 2017, 08:17 AM   #76
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Here is the NDA again but in sections with my comments.

Quote:
SRA Non-Disclosure Agreement

This is an agreement between the Sasquatch Research Association LLC (SRA) and You (“You”, “I”, and “Me” referring to the signer of this agreement), where-by the SRA will disclose Confidential Information to You. Confidential Information means any geographic locations, research plans, inventions, and names and personal information of SRA members and contacts made through the SRA. Confidential Information does not include information that is approved by the SRA, in writing, for release.
The geographic locations bit concerns me, not because I want to reveal their research location but because it isn’t limited to that. It becomes more clear if we remove the other items:

“Confidential Information means any geographic locations of SRA members…”

Read literally, it means I would be prohibited from revealing where I met an SRA member outside the limits of the expedition.

Quote:
• I agree not to disclose any Confidential Information (as defined above) to parties outside the SRA, including but not limit the public portions of the SRA website.
Typo. Not egregious, and I understand the intent, but if one is asking me to sign away broad rights and agree proactively that a violation constitutes “irreparable injury,” then I think a bit more rigorous proof-reading is in order.

Quote:
• I will promptly return any materials or equipment that have been furnished by the SRA during expeditions or in the course of conducting SRA business before the end of the last official day of the expedition or when required of me by the SRA. If necessary, I will pay for any required costs to return, repair, and/or replace any materials and equipment I borrow, unless other arrangements are made in writing before I take the equipment from the SRA.
There is no clarification of who determines if something is necessary. There is no apparent allowance for prior condition or fair wear and tear.

Quote:
• This agreement shall last for a period of five years after the end of the expedition or the termination of the relationship between the parties (as applicable).
This needs a clear definition of both “end of the expedition” and “termination of the relationship.”

Quote:
• This agreement shall be governed by and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota and shall be binding upon the Recipient in the United States and worldwide.
This is the first and only time that the term “the Recipient” is used in the NDA. It is not used at the start of the document in defining terms that refer to the signer of the document.

Quote:
I agree that any violation or threatened violation will cause irreparable injury, both financial and strategic, to the SRA and in addition to any and all remedies that may be available, in law, in equity or otherwise, the SRA shall be entitled to injunctive relief against the threatened breach of this Agreement by Me.
A “threatened violation” will cause “irreparable injury?” No. I doubt an actual violation would cause “irreparable injury.” Moreover, as has been pointed out, the extent of injury or damage is traditionally left to the courts to determine. Finally, what is meant by “strategic” injury?

My summarized take:

It is amateurishly put together as if pulled off a DIY legal site and then modified without having a lawyer look at it. As a result of the amateurishness – or possibly intentionally – the proscriptions on the signer of the agreement are both ill-defined and far too broad, not to mention that they stretch into the arena normally left to the determination of a court upon complaint of a breach.

There is more to this than just the location. We require everyone attending to provide us with emergency contact information for at least two people not attending. Additionally, we gather other personal information such as email, cell phones, etc. and the NDA protects from that information being distributed too.
No. The NDA does not provide such protection for the signer.

Originally Posted by Northern Lights
If Garrett attends, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want his personal cell phone number splashed on the internet for all to see. It goes both ways.
Even without an NDA I would not make personal information or contact information public, but the NDA does not provide that protection for me.

And “Garrette” has an “e” on the end.

Originally Posted by Northern Lights
Also Garrett, I forgot to add that there is a liability waiver that is required. I will be more than happy to provide that if you would like to read through it.
Yes, please.

To your knowledge, would the research group be willing to sign both an NDA and a liability waiver in return?

Last edited by Garrette; 11th January 2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11th January 2017, 09:59 AM   #77
Castro
Muse

No. See next post.
I was answering ABP's post. I think ABP alluded to this: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=809 and mixed up BFRO NDA with SRA NDA.
Castro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th January 2017, 10:04 AM   #78
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Castro View Post
I was answering ABP's post. I think ABP alluded to this: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=809 and mixed up BFRO NDA with SRA NDA.
Okay. Sorry about that.
Old 11th January 2017, 10:09 AM   #79
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not willing to disclose any of the exact locations but I will say that if we use public land, we go to state forests and not state parks. State forests allow for dispersed camping whereas state parks tend to require camping in designated locations. No permit is needed and the "leave no trace" courtesy expected.

We have explored State Wildlife Refuge sites, but camping does require permission from the land manager ahead of time and with so many other sites open, we haven't found it necessary to pursue that.

He did, and that was at a national park, not a forest (state or otherwise). Mammoth Cave National Park has designated camping areas, though some of them are primitive back country sites.

And in case you ask, Cervelo did not reveal the location. Deducing it was not at all hard given the posts about it, including posts by ChrisBFRPKY, particularly those who have been there repeatedly, as I have.
Old 11th January 2017, 12:02 PM   #80
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Not asking for exact locations....other than the name of the public property, something along the lines of "Bigfoot Valley Wildlife Refuge/NP/State Park or whatever" is where the good n plenty contest will be held. That way just as with Chris I could make plans to visit other areas, such as Mammoth Cave NP, which I did while I visited with Chris.
Yes I did sign an NDA with Chris.
But hey it's your gig and you can play it however you like.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal