IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 12th June 2018, 01:27 PM   #1241
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

In his latest post he claims to have made inquiries in the past but won't reveal the outcome of those....duh...that's surprising. Now he's going to be less direct about it, whatever the heck that means, but as he states...it's time and the HIFLIER is on it!!! The arrogance of this doofus is astounding LMAO!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2018, 10:39 AM   #1242
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

He (hiflier) explained the less direct approach in the last few days. He's cherry-picking points of interest/evidence that he feels are important to his cause (that BF is real).

Next he chooses a person of interest in the academic world and asks about said point of interest without any mention of bigfoot whatsoever. He alleges that he did this with the 'meganthropus tooth' and the response given was that it was a human molar.

Next in line will likely be an arborist, to whom he will ask vague questions about stick structures. Again -- no mention of BF to be made in his line of inquiry. Is this trolling? Sure it's trolling, but he is likely to get honest answers by excluding big hairy woodapes. He might even educate himself as to the absurdity of 'bigfoot evidence' in the process.

The problem is I see is with hiflier's character in general. Will he accept mundane answers to his questions? Or will he have a typical hiflier reaction; lose control of his emotions and go full-blown conspiracy theorist?

I wonder if he (hiflier) is using his full name in these emails. If so, it will only take one 'academic' to do a quick google search to learn that he is the author of a 'sasquatch field guide' and all his cards will be on the table.
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2018, 02:08 PM   #1243
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Squatchy McSquatch View Post
He (hiflier) explained the less direct approach in the last few days. He's cherry-picking points of interest/evidence that he feels are important to his cause (that BF is real).

Next he chooses a person of interest in the academic world and asks about said point of interest without any mention of bigfoot whatsoever. He alleges that he did this with the 'meganthropus tooth' and the response given was that it was a human molar.

Next in line will likely be an arborist, to whom he will ask vague questions about stick structures. Again -- no mention of BF to be made in his line of inquiry. Is this trolling? Sure it's trolling, but he is likely to get honest answers by excluding big hairy woodapes. He might even educate himself as to the absurdity of 'bigfoot evidence' in the process.

The problem is I see is with hiflier's character in general. Will he accept mundane answers to his questions? Or will he have a typical hiflier reaction; lose control of his emotions and go full-blown conspiracy theorist?

I wonder if he (hiflier) is using his full name in these emails. If so, it will only take one 'academic' to do a quick google search to learn that he is the author of a 'sasquatch field guide' and all his cards will be on the table.
These idiots keep getting it wrong, it's Feeled Guide™. For instance take this weird passage from Meldrum's Sasquatch "Field" Guide: "Sasquatch finally feeled me that night, but I didn't care. It was ecstasy! As glorious and majestic as any of heaven's promises. And afterwards we both wept, and then we slept."

Amazing(ly funny) how so many field guides can be written about a beast that's basically never even had its picture taken. Another passage from the guide: "When you're out there, always try to identify the target using the images provided herein as your expert guide. For example, if you take a look at image #37 on page 64, you'll see where a picture of Sasquatch would be if we had any pictures. Of Sasquatch. Nevermind."

But seriously, for Hiflier, **** him! He needs a new hobby.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2018, 05:03 PM   #1244
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Squatchy McSquatch View Post

Where is Hifliers field guide published? As if the world needs two field guides to a creature no one has ever seen.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2018, 02:57 AM   #1245
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

It's amusing the way bigfoot enthusiasts attempt to bull **** footie into existence, then whine and moan when they get called on this obvious ploy. The myth they've created is a 6 to 9-ft monkey man wandering about the length and breadth of NA, but leaving no hide nor hair behind. They've screwed themselves into a corner and there's no way to get out of it, so they blame science and meaney skeptics/scofftics for their failure of their silly myth.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2018, 05:36 AM   #1246
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Opps wrong thread

Last edited by Cervelo; 16th June 2018 at 06:12 AM.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2018, 05:28 AM   #1247
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by dmaker on BFF
There is no chance that picture is not Todd Standing in makeup.
I think this is CGI rather than a person in makeup. I would say the same about my avatar.
Old 26th June 2018, 07:28 AM   #1248
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

http://bigfootforums.com/topic/60312...ience/?page=15

Poor HIFILER having a typical footer meltdown when he is temporarily out of his Bigfooty delusional state, lashing out at the skeptics.
How is it that skeptics should go out and find evidence for Bigfoot, as I've pointed out many times, in my outdoor experience I've seen and experienced every claimed Bigfoot evidence and it all is a product of ones imagination or complete lack of/or ignorance of the outdoor world.
Hey BFF footers come here and be healed of your sickness!
Old 26th June 2018, 09:37 AM   #1249
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post

Poor HIFILER having a typical footer meltdown when he is temporarily out of his Bigfooty delusional state, lashing out at the skeptics.
How is it that skeptics should go out and find evidence for Bigfoot, as I've pointed out many times, in my outdoor experience I've seen and experienced every claimed Bigfoot evidence and it all is a product of ones imagination or complete lack of/or ignorance of the outdoor world.
I would assume that HIFLIER, conspiracist that he is, fantasizes skeptics as gummint disinfo agents trying to keep footie down because . . . reasons. He should be happy to have skeptics nosing around his threads, because that board, and bigfootery itself is pretty much a near-death experience at this point. It would be nice if one of the scientists he is allegedly contacting would explain cargo-cult nature of bigfoot evidence and why the response to that evidence is nothing more than a yawning dog.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 26th June 2018 at 09:38 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2018, 11:49 AM   #1250
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
I would assume that HIFLIER, conspiracist that he is, fantasizes skeptics as gummint disinfo agents trying to keep footie down because . . . reasons. He should be happy to have skeptics nosing around his threads, because that board, and bigfootery itself is pretty much a near-death experience at this point. It would be nice if one of the scientists he is allegedly contacting would explain cargo-cult nature of bigfoot evidence and why the response to that evidence is nothing more than a yawning dog.
The funny part is it's so predictable, same poop just a different mouth that it's coming out of. HIFLIER is like many of the passive aggressive types that I've dealt with at BFF and here, once they've run out of lameo logic, they start trolling in order to distract from the failure/exposure of their argument.
Old 26th June 2018, 01:03 PM   #1251
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

It's like a warehouse of comedy over there. There seems to be an unusual amount of interest in the Louis CK Thread Wrecker section.

Originally Posted by Hiflier
Oh. but I do get it, Twist. The picture is very clear. If skeptics are not here to help with something positive then just why are they around and why around for so long basically saying the same thing over and over and over for YEARS here.
Because I get it.
And the [skeptics] agenda, for whatever reason it exists, creates constant disruption and diversion from any thread's topic. This thread is about an extremely important and sensitive issue and what it has ended up being is chaos.
I fully understand what you are saying. But it has nothing to do with the methodology of skeptics coming onto a thread and breaking it...Disrupting dialogue.
But according to the skeptics I am the only one who is not getting it. I see them for what they are and what they consistently do which is wreck threads. The more critical the subject the worse the problem becomes.
This kind of thing happens no matter what the topic of discussion starts out to be. It always gets diverted in this manner. I rest my case.
That last quote was solely in response to this question: "Why can’t a single one of you back up your claims with proof?"
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2018, 01:08 PM   #1252
dmaker
Graduate Poster

I have no idea what drives hiflier to believe the lack of scientific interest in bigfoot stems, not from the crappy evidence available, but somehow from the approach of amateurs to date.

Yeah, that's what has been lacking. Inboxes filled with questions from yokels asking "Is this bigfoot evidence?"

When the inevitable lackluster response is met, hiflier gets to go all a flutter with conspiracy theory nonsense.

Last edited by dmaker; 26th June 2018 at 01:10 PM.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2018, 02:12 PM   #1253
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

HIFLIER wants skeptics to be positive and not derail his delusions with reality.
Translation...."agree with me or go away, don't you evil skeptics understand this is the BFF (Bigfoot Fantasy w/Friends), we create our own reality!"
Old 26th June 2018, 03:05 PM   #1254
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by HIFLIER
... And for a nice clue, hair doen not have to go to a DNA lab. It can go to someone who studies hair morphology. Any decisions after that can be theirs!
Yes, why run a DNA analysis when you can do a much more subjective morphology interpretation. Bigfooters do not like objective evaluations of bigfoot evidence because it harshes their bigfoot fantasy mellow. Much preferred are the endless unverifiable, unfalsifiable anecdotes, and the blurier the photos and video, the better.

Bigfooters know that the only way to establish their fantasy monkey as a taxon is through a type specimen; I'm confident many bigfoot enthusiasts understand that will never happen, and are perfectly content in that knowledge.

WS
Old 13th July 2018, 10:25 AM   #1255
DennyT
Illuminator

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
That is fantastic.

" I am not a scientists "

"And because I have done my research and homework I understand better how to be specific those questions word wise."
Just the other day I was remarking on whether it is possible to have actually personally attended and completed an undergraduate degree from the Wharton School of Business and yet never, in spite of such a good program and a supposed genius IQ, learned what types of words should not be capitalized in a tweet.
DennyT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2018, 10:39 AM   #1256
DennyT
Illuminator

Financial Folly

A recent Bigfoot folly involved the inestimable Tom Biscardi and his publicly traded company Bigfoot Investments. I am not an expert but it seems his idea was to obtain a motel and restaurant in East Glacier MT for the price of some stock in his company, a promise to build a Bigfoot museum and hotel and some magic beans.
The deal fell through when (I would guess) the owner of the real estate googled “Tom Biscardi,” “value of Bigfoot Investments stock” or “assets of Bigfoot Investments”. Of course I could be completely mistaken.
https://flatheadbeacon.com/2017/10/22/sasquatch-hunters-build-bigfoot-museum-hotel-east-glacier-park/
https://flatheadbeacon.com/2018/02/17/plans-east-glacier-park-bigfoot-museum-canceled/

Last edited by DennyT; 16th July 2018 at 10:48 AM.
DennyT is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2018, 10:55 AM   #1257
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Biscardi said last fall he had found evidence of Bigfoot on the Blackfeet Reservation, including a “Bigfoot burial cave.”

“We still haven’t been able to find the exact location of the burial cave,” she said. “But it’s there.”

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 16th July 2018 at 10:57 AM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2018, 11:07 AM   #1258
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Biscardi said last fall he had found evidence of Bigfoot on the Blackfeet Reservation, including a “Bigfoot burial cave.”

“We still haven’t been able to find the exact location of the burial cave,” she said. “But it’s there.”
I have an undisclosed gold mine on my property, as well. Haven't been able to find it, but I know it's there. Would anyone like to buy some of the gold from it now? Get in on the ground floor!

Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2018, 02:50 PM   #1259
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

The funny part is it's so predictable, same poop just a different mouth that it's coming out of. HIFLIER is like many of the passive aggressive types that I've dealt with at BFF and here, once they've run out of lameo logic, they start trolling in order to distract from the failure/exposure of their argument.
Well the whole thing is an alternate reality game and the quintessential element that makes it so is never acknowledging it is an alternate reality game. So what choice do they have.

The alternate reality carries so many attractive things to a Dark Triad type personality: you're a scientist and real scientists are stupid. You are adventurous, inquisitive, a mind burning for discovery of truth...

Duper's Delight is rampant in our culture, with Santa Clause the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and whatnot. The difference here is you don't see people opening college courses in the existence of Santa Clause. You don't see millions of dollars in grants for finding the Tooth Fairy. You do see a Santa Clause House, we have one not far from me, and they even answer mail for kids asking Santa for toys.

When the kids figure out Santa is a Live Action Alternate Reality Game, what do the parents, the dupers, say in response? They admit it, and the game ends. The parents do not emotionally abuse their kids for the next ten years insisting they must uphold his real existence.

Rather, we should say if such parents exist, then they're pretty screwed up psychologically. A personality disorder of some kind.

Like, say, a Dark Triad.

Personality typing is far more important to Bigfoot than the physical science.

You've used the term passive-aggressive here Cervelo and I think the term is good because of its widespread use and common understanding.

But a more accurate term I think for skeptics is covert aggressive. The covert part means it's underhanded, deceitful, and it is kept secret what they are really up to. Not a belief in Bigfoot but a thrill for trolling.

When you combine covert with aggressive, then you have someone who is out actively seeking to troll, baiting people into an exchange by making absurd claims. You set them up with the absurd claim of bigfoot, then use selective attention, evasion, diversion, playing the victim, feigning outrage, shaming, guilt-tripping, etc. to toy with them.

It takes a lack of scruples to do that, not a lack of scientific knowledge.

I had occasion to meet such a person a few months ago, but he was playing the Jesus card. He approached me at a pool and asked if I had "Heard the Good News". I had no idea what he meant, so I asked what good news, and from that point on he was the most outrageous ******* I have met in years.

All of it cloaked behind Jesus and God's unflinching love for me. He had a girl about 20 years younger than him, that he met on the internet and this was their in-person meet to satisfy immigration. I didn't realize it was the girl sitting at a table close by at that time.

You learn a set of stock malicious rhetorical questions, retorts, straw men, come-backs, put-downs, etc. in this Alternate Reality Gaming and it doesn't matter whether it is Bigfoot, Aliens, or Jesus. Without evidence and reason you are only left with manipulation. My God how puerile: if you believe in Jesus you won't die.

Well this guy accidentally fell in the pool with his clothes on, in front of his fiance. I saw the whole thing and it was strange how he lost his balance that way. The next day, I saw the girl again, and being such a hottie I had to see what kind of paperwork she was busy with.

It was immigration paperwork. She explained having met a guy on the internet and that they were doing the application for the visa, now that they had met in person as per the requirements.

Then who should arrive on the scene? "Have you heard the good news?" He did not recognize me! I responded that I was surprise nobody had flattened his face yet today. He said "you're the karate guy!" as he turned and hurried away. I can't say why he would identify me in that way.

It struck me that this girl before me was his fiance and she was such a lovely, sweet thing that I couldn't conscience my silence to what I was seeing. So I told her that if she married this guy it would be the worst mistake of her life. There's plenty of decent men.

Surficially bigfoot is a soft, fuzzy, and romantic notion. These follies likewise are surficially Keystone Cops antics of well-meaning but misguided people. But when you scratch beneath the surface, it's dark - and by that we mean Dark Triad personalities.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2018, 05:50 PM   #1260
showmevegas
Scholar

It is a hoot. I really miss the posts by FarArcher 1% of 1% military guy. PBeaton' apostrophe guy is pretty funny. I can not recall the day tripper that packs his .454

I think Norseman just leads them on
showmevegas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 07:35 PM   #1261
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by showmevegas View Post
It is a hoot. I really miss the posts by FarArcher 1% of 1% military guy. PBeaton' apostrophe guy is pretty funny. I can not recall the day tripper that packs his .454

I think Norseman just leads them on
You're in luck, he's back!
http://bigfootforums.com/topic/59997...attern/?page=4

Quote:
Agreed.

If one shows itself - especially in the open more or less - it's for purposes of misdirection.

If an approach by horseback were all that was required for putting the sneak on BF, then there should be all kinds of sighting - especially by those who tend to spend lots of time in the saddle.

But they don't.

They don't see squat - because being on horseback is not a factor.

As for camo, it works against many animals and humans pretty well.

But it won't work for these things. They see different. Any critter that can hunt deer - at night - he can see different, and visual camo won't help as deer in thick stuff has a very effective natural camo - and they still get taken. At night. When it's hard enough to see deer being still in any thick stuff during the daylight hours.

Camo in blacks and greys seem most effective to me. Bark, ground detritus, shadows, and brush aren't really all that green. Best I've seen so far is South African Gray (no longer produced and banned in Africa), which is black and gray, and then there's Kryptek Typhon which is really good - works day and night - if one holds to shadows and low areas close to the ground - rather up in the top of a pine tree.
Who's next, DWA?

WS
Old 18th July 2018, 08:44 PM   #1262
BayWatcher
Scholar

So, which ones at the BFF are the blaargers and which are the ones with mental limitations?
BayWatcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 09:11 PM   #1263
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by BayWatcher View Post
So, which ones at the BFF are the blaargers and which are the ones with mental limitations?
They are not mutually exclusive.

WS
Old 20th July 2018, 10:56 AM   #1264
The Shrike
Philosopher

Colleague of mine retired a few years ago and is discovering all manner of interesting ways to spend his time. The dude is a mammalogist and wildlife biologist with a long, productive career, encyclopedic knowledge, veteran of years off the grid studying animals in the field, and very well connected.

He came to see me yesterday to talk bigfoot. Seems he's been hunting around on "bigfoot websites" to learn more about believers' claims. He's most interested in Cripplefoot: evidently Krantz's support is still powerful enough to draw scientists to bigfootery.

Anyway, it was fun for me to really talk bigfoot with a guy who knows anatomy, fossils, behavior, life histories, etc. Here is yet another scientist actually spending time to learn more about bigfoots.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2018, 11:10 AM   #1265
carlitos
"más divertido"

Lol. Camouflage clothing is banned or discouraged in many African nations for obvious reasons. I don’t think that the South African gray variety was anything special. Unless he means the parrot.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2018, 09:36 AM   #1266
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
I have an undisclosed gold mine on my property, as well. Haven't been able to find it, but I know it's there. Would anyone like to buy some of the gold from it now? Get in on the ground floor!

I will pay you the generous sum US $1,000,000 x 10^-7 for all of the gold produced by your undisclosed mine. I think that all will agree that this is well over the expected market value of that gold, but I am a bold speculator

Last edited by CORed; 23rd July 2018 at 09:40 AM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2018, 09:04 AM   #1267
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Article posted on the BFF.
https://alumni.berkeley.edu/californ...arch-sasquatch

Quote:
So if history shows that science can potentially benefit from examining cryptozoological findings, why is that so many scientists are still adamantly against the practice? Berkeley graduate Grover Krantz, the first scientist to publicly dedicate his life and career to the search for Bigfoot (and whom we profile here and here) thought the problem for many of his colleagues is their hurt pride—they can’t bear the idea of having to admit a colossal creature like Sasquatch was right under their noses all this time.
Or they realize there is no bigfoot.

Thoughts?

WS
Old 26th July 2018, 11:17 PM   #1268
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

Thoughts?
Yeah, the "hurt pride" accusation is emotional abuse, not an argument.

And it is just one of many childish antisocial taunts that unfortunately transfers from blaarging to other human interactions.

Krantz didn't believe in bigfoot any more than PT Barnum believed in a lizard-boy side show. Nobody knows better than Krantz how outrageous his statement is, and that's the whole point of duper's delight.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 09:21 AM   #1269
The Shrike
Philosopher

<hurt pride>

Thoughts?
BS from people with no understanding of the motivations of scientists. If there's something to be discovered then your pride (already a value-laden accusation, i.e., that scientists are motivated by something most folks consider to be a vice, or if you prefer, one of the seven deadly sins) only takes a hit if you let someone else make the discovery. If there's a bigfoot to be found, there'd be a veritable arms race of scientists trying to be the first one to find it. That's how you cement your place in history.

Whatever lack of interest there might be among rank and file scientists in seriously looking for bigfoot stems from one thing: the realization that there is no bigfoot to be found.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 01:12 PM   #1270
DennyT
Illuminator

I don’t know if this the right thread in which to discuss the whacky NAWAC bunch.
i recall a shooting episode in which one of their supposedly responsibly gun toters emptied his shotgun at something walking through the woods. On the property at that moment were two kids who thought they were being shot at. They dropped their lemonade, then damaged their vehicle trying to get away. Upon inspection of the shooting scene, no blood, fat, hair or other traces of gunshot wounds were found. However, a day or two later, the bunch found drops of something on rocks in a nearby streambed. They somehow convinced themselves this was blood, and thus, they reasoned, probably dripped from a wounded Sasquatch. Well, they collected these rocks but fiddled and diddled and finally sent them to “a lab”. As I recall, months after the incident they had to admit that the lab reported that the drops were not blood. I seem to recall that The Shrike opined that these drops may well have been rodent urine. That stuck in my mind. I can now support that idea, from my multiple observations of the excretory products of squirrels, loosed with great abandon on the cushions (thankfully Scotchguarded) of our patio furniture. SCIENCE!!

Last edited by DennyT; 29th July 2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 29th July 2018, 02:56 PM   #1271
DennyT
Illuminator

I found this on their website: another shooting episode, this even more scary:
“...Lawrence was positioned in a tent – with a gun that had a thermal imaging scope. The thermal imaging technology, which is used by rescue workers in the search for missing persons, makes it possible to see creatures in absolute darkness.
Alton Higgins was located near Lawrence in another tent. It served as a kind of bait to attract the interest of wood apes. At about 4 o’clock he awakened. Then he slid the zipper on the tent door to create noise to attract the interest of any lurking primates. Lawrence recalls what happened next: “Suddenly I saw a shining figure [illuminated and visible in the thermal scope] near Alton’s tent. I only saw the upper body, the lower part was hidden by bushes. The figure was tall, had a pointed head and powerful trapezius muscles. For me it was clear what I saw.” Within seconds Lawrence directed the crosshairs on the creature’s head and pulled the trigger. “I thought it was done.”
But disappointment came quickly. Despite an intensive search, they found no corpse. What they did find, where Lawrence had seen the creature, were several branches with damage. “The projectile was deflected significantly,” says Lawrence. He would have made the world a fascinating puzzle poorer, but science a sensational discovery richer.”
Old 29th July 2018, 10:22 PM   #1272
DennyT
Illuminator

Virginia Democrat is accusing her Republican opponent of being a “devotee of Bigfoot erotica” based on screenshots he appeared to have posted of a Bigfoot with a large penis.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mediaite.com/weird/democrat-congressional-candidate-calls-out-gop-republican-denver-riggleman-bigfoot-erotica-tweets/amp/

Last edited by DennyT; 29th July 2018 at 10:40 PM.
Old 30th July 2018, 04:48 AM   #1273
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
Virginia Democrat is accusing her Republican opponent of being a “devotee of Bigfoot erotica” based on screenshots he appeared to have posted of a Bigfoot with a large penis.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.med...ca-tweets/amp/
Probably a bad move on the part of the Democrat, In one Tweet, she made her opponent go from a White Supremacist Hitler Guy, to a guy with a goofy Bigfoot Fetish.

Sounds an awful lot like the Access Hollywood tape.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2018, 05:16 AM   #1274
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

"i don't even wait . . . I go right in and grab 'em by their big bigfoot schlong."

WS

Last edited by Resume; 30th July 2018 at 05:34 AM.
Old 30th July 2018, 05:34 AM   #1275
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

http://bigfootforums.com/topic/61060...schleyer-case/

Quote:
I’m not going to say Bigfoot did it. But Im going to say its weird.
I'm not going to say it was bigfoot, but it was bigfoot.

From the link:

Quote:
The teeth in the skull enabled identification of the remains as being Schleyer. There wasn't much more of his body found. Since there was quite a bit of Grizzly excrement in the area it fuelled speculation that Schleyer had been unexpectedly killed and eaten by a bear . . .
Seems more likely than a magic monkey.

WS
Old 30th July 2018, 10:44 AM   #1276
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

http://bigfootforums.com/topic/61060...schleyer-case/

I'm not going to say it was bigfoot, but it was bigfoot.

From the link:

Seems more likely than a magic monkey.
That story was previously posted on BFF by FarArcher. I researched it back then and found that original news articles and reports don't describe the found evidence the same as contemporary stories which are generally directed at "mystery enthusiasts" and Bigfoot believers.
Old 30th July 2018, 11:13 AM   #1277
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
That story was previously posted on BFF by FarArcher. I researched it back then and found that original news articles and reports don't describe the found evidence the same as contemporary stories which are generally directed at "mystery enthusiasts" and Bigfoot believers.
Just the other day, I ran across a random YouTube about safety and situational awareness in brown bear country. Hosted by two elk hunting outfitters with decades of experience, they described their encounters with ole griz as if in a car wreck where there is little or no time to react. I don't know why these bigfoot folks (especially that Norse fella) find it so hard to believe that an experienced outdoorsperson could be surprised and killed by a griz, his body consumed by the bear and other scavengers. When you read some of the replies in then new thread, the victim is described as a "bad ass" elk guide, as if that would somehow protect him from a grizzly intent on eating him for supper.

Which is obviously what happened.

WS
Old 30th July 2018, 11:30 AM   #1278
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

The camouflage pants were found "torn up", but later stories often describe the pants as being intact and inside-out.

Here is one of the early news articles. https://www.akfatal.net/Schleyer%2009-14-04.htm
Old 30th July 2018, 11:40 AM   #1279
Drewbot
Philosopher

Human history is loaded with stories of animals that attempt to be superior to men.

They assign a supernatural quality to these animals.

Humans have become so secure, that they have to make up legends in order to have something that keeps humans in check.

The Leopard of Rudraprayag evaded soldiers, Ghurkas and professional hunters for 8 years before Corbett was able to kill it.

The Man Eaters of Tsavo, were considered to be ghosts by the locals.

The Lions of Njombe were claimed to be controlled by the witch doctor of a local tribe.

Two Toed Tom was a supposed man eating alligator who was possessed by a demon.

The sloth bear of Mysore sounds incredibly like many Bigfoot legends. Some even said it was a male bear who took a human girl as it's mate. Sound familiar?

Humans have basically run almost all potential man eaters to the brink of extinction, the threat is basically gone. Do we create new mythical beasts to keep our egos in check?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2018, 11:50 AM   #1280
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.med...ca-tweets/amp/
You beat me to it. Bizarre.

https://splinternews.com/bigfoots-di...ini-1827971808
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal