ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 19th June 2020, 03:12 AM   #121
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Dog whistle? I don't understand why it'd be so in this instance, but then I wasn't aware of the word "juneteenth" until yesterday.
If you had to organize a big event in a town and had to pick a date - wouldn't you google first what else is going on that day?

Maybe the Trump Campaign had no one who knew about Juneteenth before they started looking, but they did for certain when they chose the 19th. and didn't care - or were delighted by the signal it would send.
Old 19th June 2020, 03:17 AM   #122
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
It was painfully obvious that guy was there for Trump to lean on. Trump even tells him part way down to keep next to him, and he jumps into position.

He is not used to walking on anything but level ground for more than a hundred steps. The most exercise he has had recently was that cross-country run from 1600 over the road to the church and back. It took a whole pack of Adderall to keep him going the whole way. He had to lie down for the rest of the day.
Don't make things up, he just had to go and check his bedroom for the next few hours.
Old 19th June 2020, 03:18 AM   #123
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
It's that for real? He already has a conservative majority, doesn't he?
And as ever he has to make it about himself.
Old 19th June 2020, 03:21 AM   #124
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Nah. There's no way even the Republicans would let him get away with trying that. Besides, what's he going to do? Send the police to drag one of the Justices away from the Supreme Court Building?
Don't forget at this "level" resignation and sacking are pretty much synonymous, I'm presuming a judge is allowed to resign?
Old 19th June 2020, 03:22 AM   #125
Lurch
Graduate Poster

Okay well the camera's a bit shaky so it's not quite obvious to me either way. I thought it could have been slippery from dew or previous rain.

What's established about it? When you walk, one of your legs is on the ground, and that one isn't supposed to be moving. On the video, that leg seemed to be slightly slipping downwards, which is why I said it was possible.
Any "slipping" seemed to me to be due to deliberate, careful, small-step shuffling. It looked like he was barely lifting his feet, and putting only one foot forward. Caution and feeble infirmity combined.
Lurch is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 03:26 AM   #126
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Some more bad polling results for Stubby McBonespurs...

Former Vice President Joe Biden has opened up a 12 point lead over President Trump in the latest Fox News national poll...

Back when it was CNN giving similar results, Trump got his own pollster to write a critique and demanded they retract their reporting of the results. I wonder if we are going to see the same sort of temper tantrum this time. (I know Trump occasionally complains about Fox, but its still his most important supporter.)
Trump is all about the now, doesn't matter if the network executives had had to murder their first borns to support him yesterday, say something bad about him now and you are dead to him. (Until you say something good about him.)
Old 19th June 2020, 03:27 AM   #127
Lurch
Graduate Poster

Dog whistle? I don't understand why it'd be so in this instance, but then I wasn't aware of the word "juneteenth" until yesterday.
With that White Supremacist wankstain Stephen Miller anywhere near the scene, there'll be dog whistles none of us will see coming.
Lurch is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 04:00 AM   #128
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
I'd go far far left... judges that would make Ginsberg seem like a republican by comparison. As a way for the democrats to say "We tried to be reasonable and meet you half way with Garland. You acted like dickheads. No sense in us trying to play nice. Enjoy your commie-loving judges."

That should be their plan for everything they do. **** bipartisanship, if they get the power, every "consultation" with the Republicans should be the Congressional equivalent of "Because **** you, that's why!"

This is how the Republicans want to play the game. It's time to give them what they think they want, good and hard.
Old 19th June 2020, 04:21 AM   #129
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
If you had to organize a big event in a town and had to pick a date - wouldn't you google first what else is going on that day?

Maybe the Trump Campaign had no one who knew about Juneteenth before they started looking, but they did for certain when they chose the 19th. and didn't care - or were delighted by the signal it would send.
I can't be bothered to look it up, but from the comments made at the time I got the impression that the Trump campaign deliberately chose the date to "ride on the coat tails", so to speak, of the anniversary. They genuinely thought it would be sending a positive message to hold the rally on the same day, and were surprised to learn it was actually crassly insensitive.
Old 19th June 2020, 04:38 AM   #130
Belz...
Fiend God

Look, I have no idea what we're talking about here. What other event?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 04:42 AM   #131
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I can't be bothered to look it up, but from the comments made at the time I got the impression that the Trump campaign deliberately chose the date to "ride on the coat tails", so to speak, of the anniversary. They genuinely thought it would be sending a positive message to hold the rally on the same day, and were surprised to learn it was actually crassly insensitive.
Since when does the GOP want to send a positive message about race?

There's absolutely nothing coincidental or mistaken about it. If it's not enough "coincidence," the RNC just happened to move their convention to Jacksonville, Florida in time for the 60th anniversary of Ax Handle Saturday, in which the KKK (with police assistance) attacked a group of civil rights protestors:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ax_Handle_Saturday

I'm not comfortable just blaming Miller. I'll do that for Trump's occasional ultra-racist tweet. This **** had to go all the way up and down the chain of command, and there's no way it wasn't raised as an issue and everyone made aware of it.

Last edited by Beelzebuddy; 19th June 2020 at 04:47 AM.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 04:59 AM   #132
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post

There's absolutely nothing coincidental or mistaken about it. If it's not enough "coincidence," the RNC just happened to move their convention to Jacksonville, Florida in time for the 60th anniversary of Ax Handle Saturday, in which the KKK (with police assistance) attacked a group of civil rights protestors:

I'm not comfortable just blaming Miller. I'll do that for Trump's occasional ultra-racist tweet. This **** had to go all the way up and down the chain of command, and there's no way it wasn't raised as an issue and everyone made aware of it.
Many Republicans truly believe that most African Americans are ideologically much closer to the GOP than the Democrats.
They are not entirely wrong - many aspects of the Conservative Platform do align with a majority of Black voters, especially when it comes to Religion.

But of course Blacks can see that what Republicans say and what they do is entirely without overlap: the GOP claims to be devoid of racial politics, but that is only because they can't (or won't) see the casual racism most of their policies are based on.

If Conservatives would just practice what they preach, they might get plenty of votes from non-whites.
Old 19th June 2020, 05:03 AM   #133
slyjoe
Master Poster

The annual missives on Juneteenth from the White House didn't write themselves.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 05:06 AM   #134
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
And yet, here you are, posting in a thread which is nothing but pure politics. Odd, that.

Me thinks he doth protesteth too much.
I don't come here for politics. I come as an observer and commentator on political fanaticism which is common to all the political parties.

This thread is not just pure politics. It's filled with hypocrisy and contradiction coming from all sides. I sometimes watch and sometimes speak. My history of posting in the politics forum probably looks something like, "this guy doesn't even do politics."
Old 19th June 2020, 05:13 AM   #135
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

If Conservatives would just practice what they preach, they might get plenty of votes from non-whites.
Does this mean that if they actually build the wall then they might get plenty of votes from non-whites?
Old 19th June 2020, 05:38 AM   #136
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

They are not entirely wrong - many aspects of the Conservative Platform do align with a majority of Black voters, especially when it comes to Religion.

I'm not sure I agree with that part. There might be some superficial resemblance because they all claim to be Christians, but in behavior, a lot of the predominantly-white churches that the GOP panders to seem quite different from those of predominantly-black churches. While black churches seem to be an overall positive influence on their communities and society at large, the white churches seem to spend a lot more of their time on exclusionary, "culture wars" type things, that underlie a whole lot of the problems we're dealing with today.

If a white atheist in Canada can see that, I'm pretty sure a lot of black Christians in the US can see it as well.
Old 19th June 2020, 06:00 AM   #137
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Does this mean that if they actually build the wall then they might get plenty of votes from non-whites?
the Wall is a Trump, not a Conservative policy.

If you take a 2008 or 2012 Party Platform, you will find a lot more sanity than what Trump has foisted on the GOP.

But yeah, it requires a ludicrous degree of ignorance to think that Trump's policies would appeal to Black voters.
The Trump Campaign knows this, which is why they hire actors from minorities to stand behind him at the Rallies, in best view of the cameras.
Old 19th June 2020, 06:20 AM   #138
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets.

@FoxNews is out with another of their phony polls, done by the same group of haters that got it even more wrong in 2016. Watch what happens in November. Fox is terrible!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 06:23 AM   #139
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweeted

The Supreme Court asked us to resubmit on DACA, nothing was lost or won. They “punted”, much like in a football game (where hopefully they would stand for our great American Flag). We will be submitting enhanced papers shortly in order to properly fulfil the Supreme Court’s.....

...ruling & request of yesterday. I have wanted to take care of DACA recipients better than the Do Nothing Democrats, but for two years they refused to negotiate - They have abandoned DACA. Based on the decision the Dems can’t make DACA citizens. They gained nothing!
@DHSgov
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 06:23 AM   #140
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I'm legit surprised he hasn't tried to start his own propaganda channel by this point.

But maybe that's what he considers his Twitter Feed.
Old 19th June 2020, 06:41 AM   #141
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!
Old 19th June 2020, 06:49 AM   #142
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!
no ****.
they will all be at your rally.
Old 19th June 2020, 06:56 AM   #143
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post

But is anyone who wrote any of them still there?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 07:02 AM   #144
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

I don't come here for politics. I come as an observer and commentator on political fanaticism which is common to all the political parties.

This thread is not just pure politics. It's filled with hypocrisy and contradiction coming from all sides. I sometimes watch and sometimes speak. My history of posting in the politics forum probably looks something like, "this guy doesn't even do politics."
Even guys who don't do politics are capable of citing reputable sources. As opposed to citing rubbish sources. Constantly.
Old 19th June 2020, 07:04 AM   #145
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

"I don't do politics" is the single most disingenuous lie someone can tell in a world where everything, up to and including base concepts like "There are facts" is politicized.
Old 19th June 2020, 07:05 AM   #146
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Trump campaign bought Facebook ads with Nazi symbols for "liberals."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cal-prisoners/
Don't you understand? They did that on purpose because they knew they would get banned, and therefore they can use it to show that even Facebook is censoring the President.

You are too many dimensions behind.
Old 19th June 2020, 07:06 AM   #147
Paul2
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Any "slipping" seemed to me to be due to deliberate, careful, small-step shuffling. It looked like he was barely lifting his feet, and putting only one foot forward. Caution and feeble infirmity combined.
It was his right leg that he wasn't putting forward past where his left leg had wound up, and it was his right hand that needed help from the left one when drinking from the glass. Both weaknesses on one side. However, he hasn't been drooling out of one side of his mouth (more than usual).

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 07:06 AM   #148
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

A succinct admission that peaceful protesters are bad people who deserve to be tear gassed and beaten. As if there's lingering doubt after Layfayette Square.
Old 19th June 2020, 07:07 AM   #149
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Trump Tweeted

The Supreme Court asked us to resubmit on DACA, nothing was lost or won. They “punted”, much like in a football game (where hopefully they would stand for our great American Flag). We will be submitting enhanced papers shortly in order to properly fulfil the Supreme Court’s.....

Okay, seriously, who did he think needed this explanation? This just reeks of "Of course, fellow hu-man, we are of course knowledgeable of the ground acquisition game of "foot-ball", that features two teams, and a ball, and has features such as the "forward pass" and "cheerleaders"!"
Old 19th June 2020, 07:08 AM   #150
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Contradiction and hypocrisy are to be found in all political fanatics. Trump is that, and so are the ISF political fanatics regardless of what party they support.

Same thing happens here at ISF. I post articles from the Daily Mail. ISF members almost universally call it Daily Fail and describe it as junk, or even politically biased junk.

But they don't say that about Daily Mail when I post an article that they like or support or want others to know about.

It's only the Daily Fail when it's "failure" is important to the fanatic. When an article from them isn't a "failure" for the fanatic and is instead supportive of the fanatic then this media outlet is called Daily Mail.

Trump is a fickle bastard with his NYT is bad and then NYT is good. That behavior is pretty common on ISF with the political fanatacists.
True, everyone is more critical of whatever doesn't agree with them, to a degree, so

None of us are anywhere close to Trump, though. With Trump, I doubt it's a genuine like or dislike, it's more of a CTer "everyone who agrees with me are trustworthy sources, whoever disagrees with me is deluded or a shill", or a banana republic dictator. If you agree with or support Trump, he embraces you. If you oppose him, all of a sudden you're failing, a loser, or fake news.

I don't know if I've met anyone outside of CT-land with that degree of disconnect from reality.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 07:12 AM   #151
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
A succinct admission that peaceful protesters are bad people who deserve to be tear gassed and beaten. As if there's lingering doubt after Layfayette Square.
If he knows about Kent State, he probably considers it not a travesty, but a model for how to handle commie feminazi libtard protesters. He probably salivates at the thought of National Guardsmen gunning down teenagers.

Even if he doesn't, his repeated statements supporting violence against protesters make a Kent State-type scenario more likely. Not to mention it encourages thugs and loose cannon policemen to rough up political opponents and "fake news enemy of the people journalists".
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"I cannot say is is suffering from a pathological narcissistic personality disorder, but I think it is clear he is doing a perfect impersonation of someone who is." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 07:17 AM   #152
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
If he knows about Kent State, he probably considers it not a travesty, but a model for how to handle commie feminazi libtard protesters. He probably salivates at the thought of National Guardsmen gunning down teenagers.

Even if he doesn't, his repeated statements supporting violence against protesters make a Kent State-type scenario more likely. Not to mention it encourages thugs and loose cannon policemen to rough up political opponents and "fake news enemy of the people journalists".
I think you mean loose-cannon police organisations. When entire SWAT units resign over the treatment of police

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ts-good-start/

Quote:
In fact, at times, the annual number of people killed by its police department has nearly equaled the number of murders in the city. (Nationally, the ratio over the past few years has been about 15 murders for every killing by police.) Hallandale Beach is about 80 percent white, but a 2015 Broward/Palm Beach New Times investigation found that 33 of the 38 no-knock raids the city’s SWAT team carried out over a decade were done in a single square mile enclave that is mostly black. The other five were within a quarter-mile of the enclave. None turned up a major stash of illegal drugs.
Many police unions also need utterly disbanding.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 07:20 AM   #153
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post

Why would it have to go up and down the chain of command? Trump says something and expects everyone to do it unquestioningly. Why would the assistant director of such-and-such say, “June 19th! Someone needs to tell the president there is a problem with a media-event decision he made”? And the director of such-and-such is almost certainly going to ask himself “how long is it going to take to get our stable genius to understand why this is important enough to talk about?”

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
There are tweets from Trump under his own name that were not written by him. It is not hard to believe that neither Trump nor his inner circle knew there were annual missives.
According to Director of the White House Presidential Personnel Office, Trump’s hiring process is based on (among other things) how loyal you will be, how telegenic you are (including hairline), whether you have ever said anything bad about Trump on television, and how his friends and family view you.

I’m not insisting what I am describing is true. I could be 100% wrong. I’m just saying it is possible that this was simply a bad decision.
Old 19th June 2020, 07:22 AM   #154
Mader Levap
Muse

I don't come here for politics.
You know no one is buying that, right?

And again, anyone whining "all sides are equally baaad" is from side with a lot of skeletons in their closet.
Old 19th June 2020, 07:29 AM   #155
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Many police unions also need utterly disbanding.
Yeah but right now "The Left" is the one on the anti-police side and the Left loves Unions the way Smithers loves Mr. Burns.

Sure they'll try to make the "Oh that just means there are good and bad unions" distinction now but since they have never made that distinction in the past and have been full on "Unions are awesome, working man working" that ain't going to sell well in Peoria.

The Right won't side against cops, the Left won't side against a union. There's no path to victory here within the two political dynasties.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 19th June 2020 at 07:32 AM.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 07:34 AM   #156
Paul2
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
That should be their plan for everything they do. **** bipartisanship, if they get the power, every "consultation" with the Republicans should be the Congressional equivalent of "Because **** you, that's why!"

This is how the Republicans want to play the game. It's time to give them what they think they want, good and hard.
The only problem with this is that the Repubs will have then won the meta-game: they will have turned both major parties into **** you parties, and no one will be left to try to bring things together. The problem for the Dems is how to penalize the Repubs for what they've done - they must be penalized - and yet still offer a path to a form of bi-partisanship in which the norms that used to be respected are at least glanced at.

One solution is an approach to the iterated form of the prisoner's dilemma (successive rounds are performed with no end in sight) in which one side that seeks to cooperate promises to penalize the other if the other takes the option best for the other, and the original side promises to reward the other if the other cooperates as well. I may not have that right, my pathetically brief research didn't reveal anything so I'm working off my memory, which is just about a guarantee of missing something.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 07:40 AM   #157
Belz...
Fiend God

Trump Tweets

ANY protester?

Be compliant or be beat up, eh?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 07:50 AM   #158
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Okay well the camera's a bit shaky so it's not quite obvious to me either way. I thought it could have been slippery from dew or previous rain.
That is reasonable based on what Trump said afterwards. Not your fault. But, it ignores the fact that everyone else at the event said it was a dry day, not a cool moist morning. He lied. No one else has even tried to corroborate that lie because it was so obviously a lie. But, on the face the lie leaves an impression that is believable if you don't dig too much. It is why he lies about everything, it is effective. He is to blame here, not you. Don't take the harsh corrections personally, it is just tiresome that every utterance of his requires an article at CNN to unravel the layers of lies and hypocrisy.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2020, 07:56 AM   #159
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

There are reports that Captain Queeg Bunker Boy is worked up over who leaked his visit to the bunker.
Old 19th June 2020, 08:10 AM   #160
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I grew up in Texas, which is the birthplace of Juneteenth, and have always been aware of the annual parades and picnics. I've known the story for as long as I can remember. I understand that other parts of the US celebrated emancipation at different times of the year over the course of history, some on January 1, the date of signing. But, over time Juneteenth spread. This article in the LA times describes one activist in LA who helped to move the celebrations there to the June holiday.

Even with all of that background, I was surprised when I took my first "real job" that every black member of our staff took the day off. It was a point of pride for them that our company allowed for one floating "holiday" that could be used as wanted and they all took it on the 'Teenth.

I'm not here to claim that the holiday is as popular as the Fourth of July, but it is very well known among a large percentage of the population. That is why the White House has sent out commemorative missives every year that Trump has been in office.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics