ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING!

Reply
Old 5th February 2018, 03:19 AM   #441
hurdygurdy
Critical Thinker
 
hurdygurdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 314
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Iranian and Arab countries live close to the teachings of the false Torah and the false Injils.

In contrast, the Western world is living closer to the Qur'an's teachings.
I guess that when you say "the Western World" you really mean "inside my head".
hurdygurdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 01:10 PM   #442
Thor 2
Philosopher
 
Thor 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Brisbane, Aust.
Posts: 6,339
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Iranian and Arab countries live close to the teachings of the false Torah and the false Injils.

In contrast, the Western world is living closer to the Qur'an's teachings.

OK so the Western World, where the influence of the Quran is minimal, manages to live closer to it's teachings, than parts of the World where the influence of the Quran is highest???

The influence of the Quran and the prophet Muhammad is negative ....... yes?
__________________
Thinking is a faith hazard.
Thor 2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 01:29 PM   #443
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
وَالْأَرْضَ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ دَحَاهَا

Can anyone other that Emre read Arabic? If so please translate the above.
It is the Quran surah 79.30
I just used a translator to translate the above verse and it said.

"and the earth after that spread" (notice the word egg does not appear)

http://www.etranslator.ro/arabic-eng...translator.php
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 01:53 PM   #444
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
The following is a list of forty translations of the Quran surah 79.30

http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/79/30/default.htm

As can be seen most of them say the same approximate thing as the translator I used in my last post 443. Only a few cranky translation use the word egg. The Rashad Kalifa translation is known to be full of falsehood, and the other translations that use the word egg are probably just as distorted or falsified.

In other word verse 79.30 simply confirms all the other verses that speak of the earth and they say it is FLAT. (spread out)
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 02:50 PM   #445
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
30- He made the earth egg-shaped
(79- The Snatchers, 30)

The Arabic word “dahw” means rotundity like that of the ostrich’s egg. The above verse was also interpreted to refer to the shaping of the earth in the form of an ostrich egg. Prof. Dr. Süleyman Ateş, former head of Religious Affairs in Turkey, gives the following definition of the word, based on the famous Arabic dictionary Lisan u’l Arab: “The word ‘dahw’ means to spread out, giving (something) a round shape.” Derived from the same stem, the word “medahi” referred to round stones. Despite the meaning of rotundity concealed in words derived from the word “dahw” there have been translators for whom a spherical earth was difficult to conceive, who had to translate it as “to spread out.” The actual shape of the earth does have the shape of an ostrich egg. Thus the shape of the earth is spheroid with depressions at the poles. The exact figure of the earth which had posed a problem throughout history was pointed out by the Quran, 1400 years ago.

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...-of-the-world/

***

And:

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...oat-in-orbits/

Regards

30- He made the earth egg-shaped
(79- The Snatchers, 30)

That's the truth.


It doesn't matter what people write.


The Qur'an says the world is shaped like an egg.


He also says it's not a rajm penalty.


Bring millions of wrong translations. It doesn't matter.


When you look at the original verses in Arabic, you see the truth.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 03:06 PM   #446
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
30- He made the earth egg-shaped
(79- The Snatchers, 30)

That's the truth.


It doesn't matter what people write.


The Qur'an says the world is shaped like an egg.


He also says it's not a rajm penalty.


Bring millions of wrong translations. It doesn't matter.


When you look at the original verses in Arabic, you see the truth.
The word you posted 'dahw' does not appear in Arabic transliteration.
It does not translate to 'egg'

I am beginning to think you are a liar, and you know full well the Quran says the earth is flat.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 03:15 PM   #447
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
OK so the Western World,

?
No, It's the exact opposite.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 03:22 PM   #448
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
Here is the word 'dahw' and it translates a 'spread out', not egg.

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Dahw_al-Ard
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 03:33 PM   #449
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
30- He made the earth egg-shaped
(79- The Snatchers, 30)

That's the truth.


It doesn't matter what people write.


The Qur'an says the world is shaped like an egg.


He also says it's not a rajm penalty.


Bring millions of wrong translations. It doesn't matter.


When you look at the original verses in Arabic, you see the truth.

http://www.speed-light.info/miracles_of_quran/earth.htm


Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12.

Last edited by zooterkin; 6th February 2018 at 05:10 AM.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 03:40 PM   #450
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 775
And, ask people whose native language is Arabic.

You can easily reach the truth.

Last edited by Emre_1974tr; 5th February 2018 at 03:41 PM.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 03:40 PM   #451
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12.
Here are two more pages of Arabic translations that say the verse does not use the word egg, but says the earth is spread out.



http://quranx.com/Tafsirs/79.30


http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.j...er=79&verse=30
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy

Last edited by zooterkin; 6th February 2018 at 05:11 AM.
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 03:43 PM   #452
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
And, Ask people whose native language is Arabic.
If you are a native Arabic speaker you must know from my last posts that the Arabic for 79.30 does not use the word egg.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 03:47 PM   #453
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,947
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
And, ask people whose native language is Arabic.
I work with 3 native Arabic speakers who say you are wrong (One Saudi, 2 Qatari). Are you a native Arabic speaker yourself?
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 03:48 PM   #454
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
30- He made the earth egg-shaped
(79- The Snatchers, 30)

The Arabic word “dahw” means rotundity like that of the ostrich’s egg. The above verse was also interpreted to refer to the shaping of the earth in the form of an ostrich egg. Prof. Dr. Süleyman Ateş, former head of Religious Affairs in Turkey, gives the following definition of the word, based on the famous Arabic dictionary Lisan u’l Arab: “The word ‘dahw’ means to spread out, giving (something) a round shape.” Derived from the same stem, the word “medahi” referred to round stones. Despite the meaning of rotundity concealed in words derived from the word “dahw” there have been translators for whom a spherical earth was difficult to conceive, who had to translate it as “to spread out.” The actual shape of the earth does have the shape of an ostrich egg. Thus the shape of the earth is spheroid with depressions at the poles. The exact figure of the earth which had posed a problem throughout history was pointed out by the Quran, 1400 years ago.

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...-of-the-world/

***

And:

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...oat-in-orbits/

And

http://www.speed-light.info/miracles_of_quran/earth.htm

Regards
And:

https://lampofislam.wordpress.com/20...omment-page-1/
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 03:55 PM   #455
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
Just exactly how does a word you now admit says 'to spread out' , give something a round shape?

Here is a line from your post 454
“The word ‘dahw’ means to spread out, giving (something) a round shape.”
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 04:00 PM   #456
Thor 2
Philosopher
 
Thor 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Brisbane, Aust.
Posts: 6,339
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
No, It's the exact opposite.

But that is what you said:

Quote:
In contrast, the Western world is living closer to the Qur'an's teachings.
__________________
Thinking is a faith hazard.
Thor 2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 04:13 PM   #457
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
Verse (79:30), Word 4 - Quranic Grammar
The fourth word of verse (79:30) is divided into 2 morphological segments. A verb and object pronoun. The perfect verb (فعل ماض) is third person masculine singular. The verb's triliteral root is dāl ḥā wāw (د ح و). The attached object pronoun is third person feminine singular.


Chapter (79) sūrat l-nāziʿāt (Those who Pull Out)

(79:30:4)
daḥāhā
He spread it.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 04:44 PM   #458
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
I work with 3 native Arabic speakers who say you are wrong (One Saudi, 2 Qatari). Are you a native Arabic speaker yourself?
I'm talking with more people.


Ask them the following paragraphs:

"The Arabic word “dahw” means rotundity like that of the ostrich’s egg. The above verse was also interpreted to refer to the shaping of the earth in the form of an ostrich egg. Prof. Dr. Süleyman Ateş, former head of Religious Affairs in Turkey, gives the following definition of the word, based on the famous Arabic dictionary Lisan u’l Arab: “The word ‘dahw’ means to spread out, giving (something) a round shape.” Derived from the same stem, the word “medahi” referred to round stones. Despite the meaning of rotundity concealed in words derived from the word “dahw” there have been translators for whom a spherical earth was difficult to conceive, who had to translate it as “to spread out.” The actual shape of the earth does have the shape of an ostrich egg. Thus the shape of the earth is spheroid with depressions at the poles. The exact figure of the earth which had posed a problem throughout history was pointed out by the Quran, 1400 years ago."

and:

"Now, in the above, the verb daḥā – which literally means spread out, unfolded or unrolled – shares common origin with its cognates, like dahw (to unroll), dahraja (to roll), midhan (roller), dahya (egg), dahaha (ostrich-egg), udhiya (ostrich-nest), dahal (marble) and almadahi (round stone, round object). All these undertones of ‘daḥā’, all indicating some rolling or roundness of a spheroid or a rounded egg, make some exegetists perceive the word as a reference to the actual geo-spherical shape of the Earth – an oblate spheroid with slightly squished poles, i.e. an almost perfect sphere. While the Earth originated as a ‘cosmic egg’ shooting out probably from a spinning, solar nebula, even in its present state it is ellipsoid (oval) in form, loosely resembling a rounded egg. Moreover, structurally similar to a rounded egg, made of three layers (shell, white and yolk), the Earth itself is made of three geological layers (crust, mantle and core)."

And:

https://lampofislam.wordpress.com/20...omment-page-1/
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 04:52 PM   #459
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
But that is what you said:
Yes. Shall I repeat all my writings again?

Iran and the Arab countries are in many respects the most distant countries in the Qur'an and therefore suffer.

If you read all my writings together, you'll see what I tell you.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 05:08 PM   #460
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,947
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Ask them the following paragraphs:
No, I don't need to bother them with this anymore.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 05:17 PM   #461
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
No, I don't need to bother them with this anymore.
Why, don't your imaginary friends come back?
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 06:46 PM   #462
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,820
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Why, don't your imaginary friends come back?
You tell me you're the one praying to an invisible sky genie.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
If you see a Nazi. Egg them
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 08:59 PM   #463
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,947
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Why, don't your imaginary friends come back?
Different reason than the reason your friends don't even exist.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 5th February 2018 at 09:02 PM.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2018, 10:19 PM   #464
Thor 2
Philosopher
 
Thor 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Brisbane, Aust.
Posts: 6,339
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Yes. Shall I repeat all my writings again?

Iran and the Arab countries are in many respects the most distant countries in the Qur'an and therefore suffer.

If you read all my writings together, you'll see what I tell you.

Oh I see. Although you said:

Quote:
In contrast, the Western world is living closer to the Qur'an's teachings.
In a recent posting, you said something else earlier on, so I should ignore this and look at what you said then. Silly me.
__________________
Thinking is a faith hazard.
Thor 2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 12:06 AM   #465
hurdygurdy
Critical Thinker
 
hurdygurdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 314
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
30- He made the earth egg-shaped
(79- The Snatchers, 30)

That's the truth.


It doesn't matter what people write.


The Qur'an says the world is shaped like an egg.

It doesn't matter what you think the Qur'an says.

- Fact number one: the Earth is not shaped like an egg.
- Fact number two: Eratosthenes proved the real shape of the Earth nine centuries before the Qur'an was written.

Last edited by hurdygurdy; 6th February 2018 at 12:08 AM.
hurdygurdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 12:39 AM   #466
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
(79:30:1)
wal-arḍa
And the earth CONJ – prefixed conjunction wa (and)
N – accusative feminine noun → Earth
الواو عاطفة
اسم منصوب

(79:30:2)
baʿda
after T – accusative time adverb
ظرف زمان منصوب

(79:30:3)
dhālika
that DEM – masculine singular demonstrative pronoun
اسم اشارة

(79:30:4)
daḥāhā
He spread it. V – 3rd person masculine singular perfect verb
PRON – 3rd person feminine singular object pronoun
فعل ماض و«ها» ضمير متصل في محل نصب مفعول به
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 01:01 AM   #467
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
according to the google translator, the following is the Arabic for egg, and it does not appear in verse 79.30

بيضة
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 01:05 AM   #468
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
The Arabic below is quran verse 79.30

وَالْأَرْضَ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ دَحَاهَا
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 01:21 AM   #469
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
http://www.etranslator.ro/arabic-eng...translator.php

the above translator gives the following for the Arabic verse in post 468

And the earth after that spread
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 01:28 AM   #470
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
I'm talking with more people.


Ask them the following paragraphs:

"The Arabic word “dahw” means rotundity like that of the ostrich’s egg. The above verse was also interpreted to refer to the shaping of the earth in the form of an ostrich egg. Prof. Dr. Süleyman Ateş, former head of Religious Affairs in Turkey, gives the following definition of the word, based on the famous Arabic dictionary Lisan u’l Arab: “The word ‘dahw’ means to spread out, giving (something) a round shape.” Derived from the same stem, the word “medahi” referred to round stones. Despite the meaning of rotundity concealed in words derived from the word “dahw” there have been translators for whom a spherical earth was difficult to conceive, who had to translate it as “to spread out.” The actual shape of the earth does have the shape of an ostrich egg. Thus the shape of the earth is spheroid with depressions at the poles. The exact figure of the earth which had posed a problem throughout history was pointed out by the Quran, 1400 years ago."

and:

"Now, in the above, the verb daḥā – which literally means spread out, unfolded or unrolled – shares common origin with its cognates, like dahw (to unroll), dahraja (to roll), midhan (roller), dahya (egg), dahaha (ostrich-egg), udhiya (ostrich-nest), dahal (marble) and almadahi (round stone, round object). All these undertones of ‘daḥā’, all indicating some rolling or roundness of a spheroid or a rounded egg, make some exegetists perceive the word as a reference to the actual geo-spherical shape of the Earth – an oblate spheroid with slightly squished poles, i.e. an almost perfect sphere. While the Earth originated as a ‘cosmic egg’ shooting out probably from a spinning, solar nebula, even in its present state it is ellipsoid (oval) in form, loosely resembling a rounded egg. Moreover, structurally similar to a rounded egg, made of three layers (shell, white and yolk), the Earth itself is made of three geological layers (crust, mantle and core)."

And:

https://lampofislam.wordpress.com/20...omment-page-1/
The above text says ' it has been interpreted'. But it was probably interpreted by some quack. It also says 'he word ‘dahw’ means to spread out'

Which does not mean it is round. In any case there is nothing about ostrich eggs in the text of 79.30
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 03:30 AM   #471
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
30- He made the earth egg-shaped
(79- The Snatchers, 30)

The Arabic word “dahw” means rotundity like that of the ostrich’s egg. The above verse was also interpreted to refer to the shaping of the earth in the form of an ostrich egg. Prof. Dr. Süleyman Ateş, former head of Religious Affairs in Turkey, gives the following definition of the word, based on the famous Arabic dictionary Lisan u’l Arab: “The word ‘dahw’ means to spread out, giving (something) a round shape.” Derived from the same stem, the word “medahi” referred to round stones. Despite the meaning of rotundity concealed in words derived from the word “dahw” there have been translators for whom a spherical earth was difficult to conceive, who had to translate it as “to spread out.” The actual shape of the earth does have the shape of an ostrich egg. Thus the shape of the earth is spheroid with depressions at the poles. The exact figure of the earth which had posed a problem throughout history was pointed out by the Quran, 1400 years ago.

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...-of-the-world/

***

And:

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...oat-in-orbits/

Regards
The Qur'an clearly says the Earth is the sphere.

Why are there mistakes in the some translations? Because interpreters often believe in the teachings of Hadith, sect and Sufism. And these teachings are also influenced by the false Torah and the False Injil.


Looking at the original verses, you see the truth.


The fake Injils and the false Torah say the world is flat.


The Quran says it is a sphere/egg form.

Therefore, do not deceive yourself with translations and interpretations that are made according to the hadith and sectarian religions on the Internet.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 03:36 AM   #472
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 775
Not only about the shape of the world, but in many subjects, interpreters have made erroneous translations in the influence of the hadith, sect and Sufism teachings.



Rajm, headscarf, circumcising children, believing in the straight /flat Earth, staying away from wealth, beliefs to holy people, souls from false Torah and false Injils.

But the effects of the hadith and sectarian religions translate them as if they existed in Islam in the Internet world.

The Qur'an tells the opposite.

https://lampofislam.wordpress.com/20...omment-page-1/

Last edited by Emre_1974tr; 6th February 2018 at 03:51 AM.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 03:47 AM   #473
hurdygurdy
Critical Thinker
 
hurdygurdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 314
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
The Qur'an clearly says the Earth is the sphere.

Why are there mistakes in the some translations? Because interpreters often believe in the teachings of Hadith, sect and Sufism. And these teachings are also influenced by the false Torah and the False Injil.


Looking at the original verses, you see the truth.


The fake Injils and the false Torah say the world is flat.


The Quran says it is a sphere/egg form.

Therefore, do not deceive yourself with translations and interpretations that are made according to the hadith and sectarian religions on the Internet.


Last edited by hurdygurdy; 6th February 2018 at 03:50 AM.
hurdygurdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 07:56 AM   #474
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
The Qur'an clearly says the Earth is the sphere.
Looking at the original verses, you see the truth.
You have completely ignored the contents of my last few posts, which clearly show the Arabic of verse 79.30 does not mention the word 'egg'
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 08:04 AM   #475
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10,259
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
Why are you still yammering on about the shape of the Earth? You've already proven the Koran is WRONG about the shape of the Earth. You've even demonstrated it gets the shape of the Earth wrong in different ways in various passages.

We get it. Muhammad knew jack squat about the shape of the Earth. Do you really need to keep preaching about the various ways Muhammad got it wrong?
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 08:13 AM   #476
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,335
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Why are you still yammering on about the shape of the Earth? You've already proven the Koran is WRONG about the shape of the Earth. You've even demonstrated it gets the shape of the Earth wrong in different ways in various passages.

We get it. Muhammad knew jack squat about the shape of the Earth. Do you really need to keep preaching about the various ways Muhammad got it wrong?
Emre is stuck with trying to defend his position. Which is he either lies deliberately about what the Quran says about the shape of the earth. Or he has brought into the lies of Imams who certainly know the Quran says the earth is spread out, meaning it is flat. But they cannot admit such things because the Quran is supposed to be the perfect words of God.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 01:07 PM   #477
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,947
Originally Posted by hurdygurdy View Post
- Fact number two: Eratosthenes proved the real shape of the Earth nine centuries before the Qur'an was written.
Close enough for this thread, but actually Eratosthenes didn't prove that. It was known before his time and we don't actually know who first figured out that Earth was a sphere. That doesn't help Emre though.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 01:15 PM   #478
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
You have completely ignored the contents of my last few posts, which clearly sh
On the contrary, I answered and prove it. You're ignoring it. You're repeating your lies like a Robot. There's no other choice to take your salary, of course.

We once repeat, the Qur'an says the world is shaped like a sphere/egg.

30- He made the earth egg-shaped
(79- The Snatchers, 30)

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...-of-the-world/
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 01:16 PM   #479
Emre_1974tr
Muse
 
Emre_1974tr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 775
Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
But that is what you said:
Yes, I said.
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2018, 01:25 PM   #480
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 10,259
Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
There's no other choice to take your salary, of course.
What are you talking about?

Are you drunk again?
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.