IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: Are you willing to work for free if the goods and services are free?
Yes 23 34.85%
No 29 43.94%
I don't know 14 21.21%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 11th April 2021, 12:37 PM   #2561
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,877
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Oh, by all means please ,cite what other "species like our" there is, let alone one that "choose a leader"?




Exactly, he told his apostles to be the one who used money for his ministry, instead of him. He had Peter catch a fish and get money from its mouth to pay the temple tax.

He had Judas be in charge of the money bag, that he embezzled from.

Just how "just" are those "words of justice" that bid others to do your 'sinning' (by using money) in your stead?
After his death Jesus told the apostles that he is God, then he replaced his Father. If you love money your master is the devil not Jesus or God. That's why you can't love Jesus.

Last edited by Gaetan; 11th April 2021 at 12:41 PM.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2021, 12:52 PM   #2562
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 15,280
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
They exist it is even proved that parallel worlds exist. It doesn't prove that because you don't see them they don't exist, electric or magnetic wave exist but you don't see them. The earth is over croudy of souls. there could be as many as a hundred souls in your house.
Um, light is the name of spectrum of electro-magnetic waves that we do actually see. We feel inferred, are affected by ultraviolet and communicate along a broad spectrum of various wavelengths of electro-magnetic waves.

No, it has not been "proved that parallel worlds exist". If the "earth is over croudy of souls" as you assert, then they better get back to their own homes instead of mooching off of us, hiding car keys, stealing one sock from a pair in the dryer (or wash), rearranging furniture in the middles of the night, eating that last bit of something that you knew was still in the fridge or cabinet, beating my high scores on the X-box, sucking up all that electricity (how the heck did we use 1.21 giga-watts last month?!?!?). Heck, at least make themselves useful, weed the garden, cut the grass, feed the dang pets, change the oil in the car, anything. Either they get a job or go back to school or they're just going to have to go out and get a parallel world of their own.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by The Man; 11th April 2021 at 01:09 PM. Reason: added missing "waves"
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2021, 12:55 PM   #2563
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,987
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
... there could be as many as a hundred souls in your house.
Unlikely. The invisible pink dragon living in my garage probably scares them away.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2021, 01:07 PM   #2564
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 15,280
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
After his death Jesus told the apostles that he is God, then he replaced his Father. If you love money your master is the devil not Jesus or God. That's why you can't love Jesus.
I have no love of money (if I did I wouldn't be spending so much of it) and heck, I might even love Jesus if he wasn't portrayed as such a hypocritical douche (narcissistic god incantation included). He didn't replace his father he was his own father, not to mention manifested an auditory sexual assault that resulted in a pregnancy.

So, as expected no citation of some other "species like our" that "choose a leader".
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2021, 01:35 PM   #2565
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,103
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
After his death Jesus told the apostles that he is God, then he replaced his Father. If you love money your master is the devil not Jesus or God. That's why you can't love Jesus.
Are you genuinely not understanding that we don't believe in god, or are you being deliberately obtuse?

We don't think god is real Gaetan. Souls aren't real. None of this is real.
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2021, 01:38 PM   #2566
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,103
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Some species like our choose a leader and this leader is God.
I don't understand what you mean by this. I

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Because he teaches words of justice and this is just justice he didn't use money and he tolld the apostles to do so.
Please provide evidence that Jesus was worth listening to. You are simply asserting your premise and demanding we accept it. We do not.

I think Jesus as presented in the bible was a vicious psychopth attempting to push nonsense ideas and belief in a ridiculous fantasy that he called "god" who, by his/her/it's own presentation in the bible was an even bigger monster. The bibilical god is not real, but if he WAS real he would be evil. Why should I care what a genocidal capricious wannabe dictator and archetypal abusive parent thinks is good?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2021, 04:39 AM   #2567
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 21,493
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
After his death Jesus told the apostles that he is God,
How do you know that?

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
then he replaced his Father.
Did he? Then your claim is that the bible is flat out wrong.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
If you love money your master is the devil not Jesus or God.
Wheee and hear those goalposts moving. No. Your claim was that using money was the problem. You do not get to suddenly switch horses.

Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
That's why you can't love Jesus.
I can't love jebus because there is no jebus. None at all. Nothing. You might as well claim that you love your childhood teddy bear as a comfort to yourself. It means nothing to anyone else.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2021, 07:01 PM   #2568
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,877
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
I have no love of money.
Yes you do
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 03:36 AM   #2569
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,103
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Yes you do
So you are now claiming to know our minds better than we do ourselves? Are you claiming to be psychic?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 03:38 AM   #2570
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,103
Also are you ever going to answer me?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 06:00 AM   #2571
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 15,280
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Yes you do
Nope, once again confirmed by my often carefree expenditures of such. If I loved money I'd want to keep it, just for the love of it, rather than spend it to get what I'd rather have than money. Heck, I just took a $1,300 chance to get a diagnostic tool for my motorcycle that is suppose to be only available to dealers. The unit I got didn't work but with some ingenuity I was to make it fully functional. Had I had to eat the cost, it would have just been the price for taking the risk in the first place.

You use money like me, though perhaps not as effectively or even, at times, as thriftlessly as me. So what specifically makes your use of money not some love of money?
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 06:06 AM   #2572
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 15,280
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
I have no love of money.
Yes you do
I strenuously caution you, you altered the quote form me to make it appear as though "I have no love of money." as a complete and entire sentence was something posted by me, it was not. Continuing such actions may result in moderator notification and action.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2021, 12:57 PM   #2573
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,483
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Jesus said that a person who likes money hate God
YOU, are still using (and serving) money. Why should we listen to you?
Leftus is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 09:36 AM   #2574
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,877
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
YOU, are still using (and serving) money. Why should we listen to you?
I use the system of money because the world use it, it is a collective decision to get rid of it not only one person.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 10:21 AM   #2575
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,483
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
I use the system of money because the world use it, it is a collective decision to get rid of it not only one person.
How many other teachings are for the collective and not the individual? Also, where is that distinction notated?

Also, you didn't answer the question. You are serving money, and thus the devil, by your standards. Why should we take your word for ... anything?

Last edited by Leftus; 16th April 2021 at 10:22 AM.
Leftus is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 10:22 AM   #2576
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a post-fact world
Posts: 92,309
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
Jesus said that a person who likes money hate God
And Yoda said that luminous being are we.

We're not in the religion subforum. We're talking about real things, not mythologies.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 10:25 AM   #2577
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a post-fact world
Posts: 92,309
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
They exist it is even proved that parallel worlds exist.
No they're not.

Now are you going to discuss money and inequalities, or religion?
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 10:31 AM   #2578
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 28,321
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
I use the system of money because the world use it, it is a collective decision to get rid of it not only one person.
So why don't you extend that argument to anyone but yourself?
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 11:28 AM   #2579
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,103
Welcome back Gaetan. Are you going to answer me yet? I mean, I only ask because my post it older than the one you just replied to and we wouldn't want anyone to think you were running away, would you?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 11:31 AM   #2580
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 21,493
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
I use the system of money because the world use it, it is a collective decision to get rid of it not only one person.
So far, you have recruited how many? None. None at all. You are an army of one against an entire world that thinks you are wrong.

Did the possibility that it is you who are wrong ever enter your head? Or were you happy to take the christian message and corrupt it to your own purposes?

What happened to the last person to corrupt the christian message? What happened to the most prominent person to corrupt the christian message?

Turns out that you, Gaetan, are a follower and promoter of Satan, Lucifer, the Dark Lord.

Funny enough, there are bible quotations I could give you to verify this fact, but they would mean nothing to you since you clearly have not read the stupid book in the first place.

Face it, you are the spawn of satan according to the book.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 12:45 PM   #2581
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,483
Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Welcome back Gaetan. Are you going to answer me yet? I mean, I only ask because my post it older than the one you just replied to and we wouldn't want anyone to think you were running away, would you?
Answering questions isn't his bag. He quotes people, ignores what they said, and repeats whatever claptrap he has already said. I could point out that there are already people living without currency. Granted, not living the high life, which is what Gaetan demands, but sacrifices will be made. Just not by him.
Leftus is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2021, 01:11 PM   #2582
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 21,493
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Answering questions isn't his bag. He quotes people, ignores what they said, and repeats whatever claptrap he has already said. I could point out that there are already people living without currency. Granted, not living the high life, which is what Gaetan demands, but sacrifices will be made. Just not by him.
Sure. At some level, Gaetan is aware that he must refuse any discussion as his ideas will fall under any serious scrutiny.

Why he avoids such scrutiny is left as an excercise for the reader, but we all know in that place we call reality that such ideas fail every time.

This seems to be a common theme in the various crackologues encountered.

"I cannot be wrong, therefore the universe is wrong". This has never worked as a proposal, yet everyone of the countless thousands that rock up here and on countless other sites fail without exception.

That said, let us return to Gaetan's claims in particular.

Suppose we banished money permanently today. What kind of world would we end up with? After all, there is no reason why we could not, given sufficient support.

Let us assume that we actually by global vote abandoned money lock, stock and barrel.

What is Gaetan's next move?

Anyone know?

Does gaetan know?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 07:34 AM   #2583
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 15,280
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Sure. At some level, Gaetan is aware that he must refuse any discussion as his ideas will fall under any serious scrutiny.

Why he avoids such scrutiny is left as an excercise for the reader, but we all know in that place we call reality that such ideas fail every time.

This seems to be a common theme in the various crackologues encountered.

"I cannot be wrong, therefore the universe is wrong". This has never worked as a proposal, yet everyone of the countless thousands that rock up here and on countless other sites fail without exception.

That said, let us return to Gaetan's claims in particular.

Suppose we banished money permanently today. What kind of world would we end up with? After all, there is no reason why we could not, given sufficient support.

Let us assume that we actually by global vote abandoned money lock, stock and barrel.

What is Gaetan's next move?

Anyone know?

Does gaetan know?
Generally his expectation is that most things would stay and work the same. Though experience has taught us that Gaetan simply doesn't actually understand how or why things currently work or his thinking of how and why things currently work is demonstrably and trivially wrong.

Further in his utopia fantasizing he ignores even his own counter indicators. For example, he asserts that people use money to screw each other over while ignoring that it is just as easy if not easier to screw each other over by simply taking possession of stuff in a "free world". He repeats assertions about shaming people as a controlling factor but if it were that simple you could just shame people out of screwing each other over for money.

He continues to equate investment with simply monetary investment and not the actual investment of materials and resources a simple monetary value actually represents. As such, the need for investments doesn't change but available resources and materials diminish and/or result in direct conflict.

Further in his utopia fantasizing he has people doing what they want while ignoring the convergence of talent, training and opportunity that actually make someone effective in a given position even if it ain't what they want or wanted. As such, production, service, arts and innovation will be mired by people more looking to fulfill a hobby or dream than being effectively productive at their tasks.

Finally, not only has he asserted that equity is out the window (there is no obligation that anyone get anything at all for working, let alone any kind of equity). He has also asserted that no one will be monitoring, coordinating or controlling what people are doing. As such, both quality and safety go out the window as well.

Fundamentally, Gaetan's next move is to allow to be enacted a dystopia orders of magnitude worse, in all aspects, than the one he fantasizes we currently live in.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 11:52 AM   #2584
Gaetan
Illuminator
 
Gaetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,877
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
So far, you have recruited how many? None. None at all. You are an army of one against an entire world that thinks you are wrong.
There are 23 answered yes, 29 no and 14 don't know, the figure show that i won the debate, for a new idea 23 yes is enormous.
Gaetan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 12:09 PM   #2585
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,987
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There are 23 answered yes, 29 no and 14 don't know, the figure show that i won the debate, for a new idea 23 yes is enormous.
That great news. You won. Now you and your 23 followers can leave money-based civilisation behind and set up a commune somewhere, where you can each contribute according to your abilities and each take whatever you need.

It would be good to check that the 23 are still keen on the idea of course. They don't seem to be contributing to this discussion. This might make them hard to find. Perhaps you could ask the souls and spirits you see. They might have special powers for finding people or something.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 12:09 PM   #2586
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 21,493
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There are 23 answered yes, 29 no and 14 don't know, the figure show that i won the debate, for a new idea 23 yes is enormous.
23. Of whom? In what context? Got a link? How many of those 23 said yes just to end your nonsense? Why does nobody here buy your ******** for a second? Why is everyone here able to point out the terminal flaws in your insane idea quite easily?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 12:16 PM   #2587
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 15,280
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There are 23 answered yes, 29 no and 14 don't know, the figure show that i won the debate, for a new idea 23 yes is enormous.

Seriously "new idea", you do need to get out more. Working in exchange for goods and services is perhaps one of the oldest ideas going. Heck, just in more recent times and a more modern/futuristic example would be the economy of the Stark Trek series.

Two problems, the economy of Star Trek is a post scarcity economy (replicators, automation and all that). Second, you are explicitly not offering working in exchange for goods and services. You assert specifically no obligation that people working for free will actually get anything for free, or at all. As I've already mentioned your question is deceptive, by not relating the very conditions you intend. People working for free and potentially getting no goods or services at all.

Finally, if "23 yes is enormous" then 29 is over one quarter more enormous than "enormous". Not to mention the unknows being over, well, half as enormous as "enormous".
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by The Man; 18th April 2021 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 12:17 PM   #2588
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming
 
MarkCorrigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 9,103
Gaetan?
__________________
Naturalism adjusts it's principles to fit with the observed data.
It's a god of the facts world view. -joobz

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 12:20 PM   #2589
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 15,280
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
23. Of whom? In what context? Got a link? How many of those 23 said yes just to end your nonsense? Why does nobody here buy your ******** for a second? Why is everyone here able to point out the terminal flaws in your insane idea quite easily?
He's talking about the respondents to the poll at the top of this thread .
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 12:22 PM   #2590
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
 
Jack by the hedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,987
Aw, come on guys. You can't argue with a victory on this scale surely? "Yes" was the second most popular answer after "No". Gaetan surged to almost 35% in his meaningless and weasel-worded poll. That overwhelming victory ought to be recognised for what it is.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 01:13 PM   #2591
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 21,493
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
He's talking about the respondents to the poll at the top of this thread .
Ah. I paid no heed to that. Crank polls tend to generate cranky responses just for the larf.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 03:11 PM   #2592
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 28,321
I see Gaetan has taken the example of his beloved ex president, and redefined winning to be losing. Well done.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 03:32 PM   #2593
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a post-fact world
Posts: 92,309
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I see Gaetan has taken the example of his beloved ex president, and redefined winning to be losing. Well done.
Gaetan can't possibly like Trump. Trump was all about money.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th April 2021, 04:45 PM   #2594
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 28,321
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Gaetan can't possibly like Trump. Trump was all about money.
And yet, I think if you look back in the thread, he does.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2021, 07:08 AM   #2595
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,483
Originally Posted by Gaetan View Post
There are 23 answered yes, 29 no and 14 don't know, the figure show that i won the debate, for a new idea 23 yes is enormous.
New idea? The people at Moneyless.org have been actually doing it since about 2013. You, on the other hand, embrace your devil.

I'm seeing a new problem. Basic math, 29 is more than 23. So not sure how this is "winning" when it's not the majority, and under your thinking, everyone would have to do it for it to work. Also, consider that the members of this small forum mostly ignored your poll. As I write this, there are 300 plus visitors to this site, and you've captured about 10% of that. I shouldn't have to mention that the population of this section of this site isn't representative of the site nor of the public in general.
Leftus is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.