ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11 conspiracy theories , Niels Harrit

Reply
Old 11th June 2009, 07:30 PM   #1
alienentity
Illuminator
 
alienentity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,325
The sad case of Niels Harrit

I came across a Danish interview of Niels Harrit today, from the program 'Good Morning Denmark' April 07, 2009.

I could not believe the total rubbish that he was putting out there. Starting with a complete denial that the plane impacts and fires had anything to do with the WTC tower collapses !?! he behaved like a person untouched by reality.

The most astonishing and disturbing statements he made were these: (according to the translation)

'There has never been a forensic investigation of this event. (9/11)

No evidence has been put forward. No one has been formally charged.

The police and FBI have not charged anyone, and no-one is 'wanted'.

So who is crazy here?' He asks in response to the interviewer's question.



He seems unaware of Khalid Shiek Mohammed, who I think was at the top of the FBI's most wanted list.

And oblivious to the trial of Zacharias Mousawi, the '20th hijacker'.

He seems oblivious to a great deal of truth and reality. Must be nice being a leader in the 9/11 truth movement - you can just say whatever you like without any real evidence, and the truther cult laps it up like warm milk.


There's not much truth in 9/11 truth it seems.

I've annotated the video with my usual snide comments. Enjoy:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by alienentity; 11th June 2009 at 07:31 PM.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 07:38 PM   #2
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man
 
1337m4n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,510
Is this the guy who invented (read:made up the term) "Nano-Thermite", or was that Jones?
__________________
http://forums.randi.org/imagehosting...2b728514ea.gif

"The evidence that the attacks of 9/11 were an inside job just keeps not coming in." --pomeroo
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 07:42 PM   #3
KDLarsen
Illuminator
 
KDLarsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,520
Originally Posted by 1337m4n View Post
Is this the guy who invented (read:made up the term) "Nano-Thermite", or was that Jones?
I think Jones came up with it, but Harrit has been peddling it for a while on the Danish 9/11 twoof trail. I did consider going to one of his "lectures" on WTC7, but somehow I always managed to find something more interesting to do.

Last edited by KDLarsen; 11th June 2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Spelling at 5 am, not god.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 07:43 PM   #4
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee
 
Juniversal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,971
Niels is just as inept as Jones. I love how Jones claimed he would send the paint chi...I mean "nano-Thermite" samples to an independent lab. But no suprise he goes around the world (i'm sure there's plenty of independent labs in the U.S.) and gets it into the hands of fellow Truther Harrit. What happened to objectivism?
Juniversal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 07:49 PM   #5
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,963
Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
I came across a Danish interview of Niels Harrit today, from the program 'Good Morning Denmark' April 07, 2009.

I could not believe the total rubbish that he was putting out there. Starting with a complete denial that the plane impacts and fires had anything to do with the WTC tower collapses !?! he behaved like a person untouched by reality.

The most astonishing and disturbing statements he made were these: (according to the translation)

'There has never been a forensic investigation of this event. (9/11)

No evidence has been put forward. No one has been formally charged.

The police and FBI have not charged anyone, and no-one is 'wanted'.

So who is crazy here?' He asks in response to the interviewer's question.



He seems unaware of Khalid Shiek Mohammed, who I think was at the top of the FBI's most wanted list.

And oblivious to the trial of Zacharias Mousawi, the '20th hijacker'.

He seems oblivious to a great deal of truth and reality. Must be nice being a leader in the 9/11 truth movement - you can just say whatever you like without any real evidence, and the truther cult laps it up like warm milk.


There's not much truth in 9/11 truth it seems.
Yes, it must have been when they told Khalid Shiek Mohammed that they had photos of him setting charges in WTC 7 that he must have finally broken down and admitted planning 911 from A to Z.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 07:50 PM   #6
oldhat
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 997
Is Neils Harrit tenured? Honest question, I'm wondering how he could stay employed at University of Copenhagen or wherever he teaches after that interview and the Bentham debacle.

Last edited by oldhat; 11th June 2009 at 07:51 PM.
oldhat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 07:53 PM   #7
R.Mackey
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,854
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Yes, it must have been when they told Khalid Sh[ei]k Mohammed that they had photos of him setting charges in WTC 7 that he must have finally broken down and admitted planning 911 from A to Z.
Sarcasm or meta-sarcasm? I can't tell.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 08:04 PM   #8
1337m4n
Alphanumeric Anonymous Stick Man
 
1337m4n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,510
Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
Sarcasm or meta-sarcasm? I can't tell.
Just check the posting history. It's the best way to avoid getting Poe'd.
__________________
http://forums.randi.org/imagehosting...2b728514ea.gif

"The evidence that the attacks of 9/11 were an inside job just keeps not coming in." --pomeroo
1337m4n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 08:19 PM   #9
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,661
Poor truthers are stuck with Harrit and Jones nano-evidence.

The "loaded gun diaper" super-nano-thermite paper misfires and the revolution has been delayed for stupidity. What would you expect with a vanity published pay journal article proved wrong on 911; the only paper I have seen refuted 7 years before it was published. Not the first time idiots have let their biases drive their delusional work.

Is nano-evidence visible to truthers?

Last edited by beachnut; 11th June 2009 at 08:21 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 08:23 PM   #10
R.Mackey
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,854
Originally Posted by 1337m4n View Post
Just check the posting history. It's the best way to avoid getting Poe'd.
See, that's just it. I know where Tony's coming from, he's relatively sane as Truthers go, and I still can't tell.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 10:01 PM   #11
alienentity
Illuminator
 
alienentity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,325
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Yes, it must have been when they told Khalid Shiek Mohammed that they had photos of him setting charges in WTC 7 that he must have finally broken down and admitted planning 911 from A to Z.
Hi Tony,

So do you also hold the opinion that no forensic investigation has been done, or that neither police or the FBI have charged anyone connected to the crimes of 9/11?

Don't you think Harrit is just a wee bit delusional? Maybe that's the norm for truthers, I don't know. Happily I don't know many of them personally
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 10:19 PM   #12
alienentity
Illuminator
 
alienentity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,325
Is it a coincidence that several other 'leaders' of 9/11 truth appear to be ******* crazy? Jim Fetzer and Judy Wood come to mind as prime suspects. Judging from a recent interview with Kevin Ryan he actually believes that several companies which worked on the NIST investigation are actually 9/11 perps! That's fairly standard truther paranoia, though, nothing special.

Steven Jones doesn't seem to know whether he's coming or going: He used to insist on sulphur and zinc being proof of thermite, now he's insisting that their absence is proof of nanothermite, but he still can't figure out how it would have been used in either case - did it melt steel laterally by some unknown but magic process or did it explode exactly like other high explosives but silently and without shockwaves?
Oh yeah, he lately posits that it might have been used merely as a detonator for conventional high explosives, and was painted onto something somehow. OK, sure, whatever....

There's so many holes, contradictions and deadends in his thinking that if he manages not to fade into complete obscurity fairly soon I'd be surprised. But he doesn't seem as loopy as Harrit.

If this is the best leadership 9/11 truth can come up with, I'd say times are very tough indeed.

To add to the misery, Bentham's has just been exposed as having very questionable 'peer review' as well.http://www.newscientist.com/article/...d-journal.html

Last edited by alienentity; 11th June 2009 at 10:22 PM.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 10:29 PM   #13
R.Mackey
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,854
New to this, eh?

That was the assessment I reached after running an experiment about two and a half years ago.

In the intervening time since I reached a verdict, no more intelligent or rational Truth Movement leaders have appeared. There have been isolated individuals who actually have good things to say, but all of them have grown apart from the Truth Movement. I speak of those like Gregory Urich, John Farmer, etc. -- those who the Truth Movement should be listening to, yet choose not to.

Hence why I have more interest in helping those who want it, than taunting those who don't. It's more productive.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2009, 11:52 PM   #14
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing
 
Brainster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 13,939
Originally Posted by alienentity View Post

To add to the misery, Bentham's has just been exposed as having very questionable 'peer review' as well.http://www.newscientist.com/article/...d-journal.html
Awesome find! Going up now on SLC as our lead post for Friday!
__________________
My new blog: Recent Reads.
1960s Comic Book Nostalgia
Visit the Screw Loose Change blog.

Last edited by Brainster; 12th June 2009 at 12:04 AM.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 12:02 AM   #15
progge
Thinker
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 170
Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
I came across a Danish interview of Niels Harrit today, from the program 'Good Morning Denmark' April 07, 2009.

I could not believe the total rubbish that he was putting out there. Starting with a complete denial that the plane impacts and fires had anything to do with the WTC tower collapses !?! he behaved like a person untouched by reality.

The most astonishing and disturbing statements he made were these: (according to the translation)

'There has never been a forensic investigation of this event. (9/11)

No evidence has been put forward. No one has been formally charged.

The police and FBI have not charged anyone, and no-one is 'wanted'.

So who is crazy here?' He asks in response to the interviewer's question.



He seems unaware of Khalid Shiek Mohammed, who I think was at the top of the FBI's most wanted list.

And oblivious to the trial of Zacharias Mousawi, the '20th hijacker'.

He seems oblivious to a great deal of truth and reality. Must be nice being a leader in the 9/11 truth movement - you can just say whatever you like without any real evidence, and the truther cult laps it up like warm milk.


There's not much truth in 9/11 truth it seems.

I've annotated the video with my usual snide comments. Enjoy:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Just for the record - Niels Harrit als believes that the Pentagon hole has a size of 4.6 x 5.5 meter and he recommends DRGs "New Pearl Harbor". Read his "9/11 - A roadblock or a shortcut to peace and democracy?" (can´t link it yet). In a german interview at gulli.com he also states that the bomb-sniffing dogs at WTC were removed two weeks before 9/11 and UL certified the WTC steel.
Clearly an archetypal truther with a bunch of strange ideas.
progge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 12:05 AM   #16
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster
 
Panoply_Prefect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
Harrit has also published himself on the Swedish site Newsmill.se. Its a respectable site, but it has an "Open Forum" where Harrit made is contribution. Here is the Google Translate version. Since Harrit mostly repost standard trutherism, I'd say you can fill in when Google does a poor job.

Funny thing, he and a swede named Fredrik Roswall has been posting articles about 911 in the Open Forum, but they have a problem with a antisemitic truther in the comment field whom agrees with them, but apparently not in a fashion they like.

And here Fredrik Roswall, again, writes a report on a lecture Harrit had in Malmö in the south of Sweden. Again Google translate.
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 12:15 AM   #17
alienentity
Illuminator
 
alienentity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,325
Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Awesome find! Going up now on SLC as our lead post for Friday!

I found it today in this post http://www.internationalskeptics.com...82#post4802182

I can only take credit for reading it
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 12:25 AM   #18
alienentity
Illuminator
 
alienentity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,325
Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
New to this, eh?

That was the assessment I reached after running an experiment about two and a half years ago.

In the intervening time since I reached a verdict, no more intelligent or rational Truth Movement leaders have appeared. There have been isolated individuals who actually have good things to say, but all of them have grown apart from the Truth Movement. I speak of those like Gregory Urich, John Farmer, etc. -- those who the Truth Movement should be listening to, yet choose not to.

Hence why I have more interest in helping those who want it, than taunting those who don't. It's more productive.
I guess I am relatively new to this... regarding tactics, some people like to play the Lone Ranger, others prefer Taunto, eh?

cheers
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 12:39 AM   #19
ref
Master Poster
 
ref's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,685
Originally Posted by Panoply_Prefect View Post
And here Fredrik Roswall, again, writes a report on a lecture Harrit had in Malmö in the south of Sweden. Again Google translate.

He STILL uses the Silverstein "pull it" -quote in his demonstration as confirmation of a demolition.

Sooooooo last season. Actually, so last last last last last last season. That claim was "invented" in 2003, was hot in 2004-2006 and went out of style in 2007. Almost nobody brought it up in 2008, but now Harrit in 2009.
__________________
9/11 Guide homepage

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro

Last edited by ref; 12th June 2009 at 12:43 AM.
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 01:36 AM   #20
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing
 
Brainster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 13,939
Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
I found it today in this post http://www.internationalskeptics.com...82#post4802182

I can only take credit for reading it
I'll give both you and Volatile credit then.
__________________
My new blog: Recent Reads.
1960s Comic Book Nostalgia
Visit the Screw Loose Change blog.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 04:07 AM   #21
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster
 
Panoply_Prefect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
Originally Posted by ref View Post
He STILL uses the Silverstein "pull it" -quote in his demonstration as confirmation of a demolition.

Sooooooo last season. Actually, so last last last last last last season. That claim was "invented" in 2003, was hot in 2004-2006 and went out of style in 2007. Almost nobody brought it up in 2008, but now Harrit in 2009.
Nothing new in the Truther World. Which is why it is soon appropriate to use their own prefix, for the movement:

9/11 Nanotruthmovement.
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 04:09 AM   #22
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,795
birds of a paranoid, idiotic, douchebag feather, flock together.

This explains how the paper came to have 9 authors.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 04:11 AM   #23
ref
Master Poster
 
ref's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,685
Here is a recent, somewhat sceptical interview with Harrit.

http://www.gulli.com/news/world-trad...on-2009-05-24/

Includes a couple of interesting remarks.

"Now, ain't it stupid to believe the official conspiracy theory without having been presented one single piece of evidence? Who are the fools?"

"There were two airliners, but three skyscrapers. You don't need a scientist to count to three."

"My major point: Everyone is lying, everyone is scared. So we have to trust ourselves, and it is not so hard."
__________________
9/11 Guide homepage

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 04:29 AM   #24
Panoply_Prefect
Graduate Poster
 
Panoply_Prefect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,075
Originally Posted by ref View Post
Here is a recent, somewhat sceptical interview with Harrit.

http://www.gulli.com/news/world-trad...on-2009-05-24/

Includes a couple of interesting remarks.

"Now, ain't it stupid to believe the official conspiracy theory without having been presented one single piece of evidence? Who are the fools?"

"There were two airliners, but three skyscrapers. You don't need a scientist to count to three."

"My major point: Everyone is lying, everyone is scared. So we have to trust ourselves, and it is not so hard."
He goes a long way of not answering:

Quote:
gulli.com: Ok then. Where, when and how exactly did you get the dust? How did you make sure its pure and original dust from 911? Were any officials present when you took the samples?
Dr. Niels Harrit: All this is accurately accounted for in the paper.
Ah well, I guess the answers then would be --- no, no officals were present, because "you" didn't take the samples did you? You didn't make sure they were pure and original dust, bar from saying "those people who sent them to us, said so"


A bit of the old racism (regarding nanothermite):


Quote:
It was not prepared in a cave in Afghanistan.
Duh. But apparently it could be manufactured in Copenhagen by a bunch of freelance scientists:


Quote:
gulli.com: Did you have other samples of Nano Thermite (not from the dust) to compare while you studied the dust? Just to make sure it is real Nano Thermite?
Dr. Niels Harrit: Yes. We have prepared it ourselves, since there have been some scientific publications and conference reports. It performs as expected. But it is not exactly the same variety as the stuff we have found in the WTC dust.
And it was the eeebil goverment that fired all them persecuted truth-seekers:


Quote:
gulli.com: Why did they lose their job? Linked to the work on 911? Who kicked them out then and why?
Dr. Niels Harrit: They lost their job because they are critical of the Official Conspiracy Theory. Steven E. Jones was forced into early retirement from Brigham Young University. Kevin Ryan was fired from Underwriters Laboratories, who were responsible for certification of the steel to the towers.
This is new though:


Quote:
Dr. Niels Harrit: Yes. A copy has actually been sent to FBI. I am not in a position to give a full account of the response, but as I recall, it was surprisingly receptive.
So, what did FBI say? Was it like the other standard reply that had the truthers in a frenzy some time ago?

Last edited by Panoply_Prefect; 12th June 2009 at 04:32 AM.
Panoply_Prefect is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 04:44 AM   #25
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,878
He gave a presentation in Switzerland a month ago. The introduction is german but he switches to english after a minute and (mostly) sticks to it. 102min video, embedding deactivated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjwPIsTEulg
__________________
The World is "Fake News"
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 09:58 AM   #26
Seymour Butz
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 868
So was Harritt a troofer before he examined these samples?

So does this yet again, like the troofer owned lab in the US, that the analysis was never done by a neutral party?
Seymour Butz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 10:06 AM   #27
ktesibios
Worthless Aging Hippie
 
ktesibios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,493
Originally Posted by progge View Post
Just for the record - Niels Harrit als believes that the Pentagon hole has a size of 4.6 x 5.5 meter and he recommends DRGs "New Pearl Harbor". Read his "9/11 - A roadblock or a shortcut to peace and democracy?" (can´t link it yet). In a german interview at gulli.com he also states that the bomb-sniffing dogs at WTC were removed two weeks before 9/11 and UL certified the WTC steel.
Clearly an archetypal truther with a bunch of strange ideas.
I've just realized- all the 9/11-related stuff is just misdirection aimed at concealing the real conspiracy.

Think about it- the fact that people like Harrit keep turning up spouting five-year-old claims as if they had just popped in from 2003 can have only one explanation. They really are imported from 2003.

Don't you see what this means?

Time travel exists and the NWO is covering it up!!!1111!
Wake up sheeple!!!
__________________
Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst, where there ain't no ten commandments and a man can raise a small, bristly mustache.
ktesibios is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 10:16 AM   #28
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 24,661
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
He gave a presentation in Switzerland a month ago. The introduction is german but he switches to english after a minute and (mostly) sticks to it. 102min video, embedding deactivated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjwPIsTEulg
There are dolts all over the world who believe this tripe. Good post; noteworthy were your comments on the video's content; right on the money.
[quote=Childlike Empress;4805574]... The introduction is german but he switches to english ...[/quote] Great insight into truther failure.

The guy is a pathetic idiot who spews lies. Why are all the dolts in this failed movement claiming nano-thermite?

What gets me he failed to state the impact energy, the heat of the fires in joules, the fact the insulation was compromised, the fact the fires were no fought, and the fact he has no evidence to support his moronic ideas. A video of an idiot and only a few nuts will believe his lies. He is a fake scientist? His biases speak for him instead of his science?

The dolt shows WTC7 fall but his version starts after the penthouse fell seconds earlier and destroyed the interior of the building. Keep your audience in the dark and feed them more manure. The followers are mushrooms feeding on the manure of 911 lies.

Last edited by beachnut; 12th June 2009 at 10:24 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 10:31 AM   #29
alienentity
Illuminator
 
alienentity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,325
Originally Posted by ref View Post

"My major point: Everyone is lying, everyone is scared. So we have to trust ourselves, and it is not so hard."
My God! That is a classic! 'Everyone is lying'....
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 10:59 AM   #30
bill smith
Philosopher
 
bill smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,408
Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
I came across a Danish interview of Niels Harrit today, from the program 'Good Morning Denmark' April 07, 2009.

I could not believe the total rubbish that he was putting out there. Starting with a complete denial that the plane impacts and fires had anything to do with the WTC tower collapses !?! he behaved like a person untouched by reality.

The most astonishing and disturbing statements he made were these: (according to the translation)

'There has never been a forensic investigation of this event. (9/11)

No evidence has been put forward. No one has been formally charged.

The police and FBI have not charged anyone, and no-one is 'wanted'.

So who is crazy here?' He asks in response to the interviewer's question.



He seems unaware of Khalid Shiek Mohammed, who I think was at the top of the FBI's most wanted list.

And oblivious to the trial of Zacharias Mousawi, the '20th hijacker'.

He seems oblivious to a great deal of truth and reality. Must be nice being a leader in the 9/11 truth movement - you can just say whatever you like without any real evidence, and the truther cult laps it up like warm milk.


There's not much truth in 9/11 truth it seems.

I've annotated the video with my usual snide comments. Enjoy:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Yes I thought those block texts were annoying. Appropriately named too. So...Neils is getting more media saavvy. Excellent.
__________________
*Think WTC7 - You cannot make the four corners of a table fall together unless you cut the four legs together
*A kitchen table judgement on a world scale is enough
* To Citizens: 'There comes a time when silence is betrayal'
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 11:16 AM   #31
Heiwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,148
Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
See, that's just it. I know where Tony's coming from, he's relatively sane as Truthers go, and I still can't tell.
Aha, there you are! Pls visit The Heiwa Challenge thread! Your followers have big trouble getting their act together; M one-way crushing multiple m! They need your moral support, if you have any left?
Heiwa is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 11:20 AM   #32
alienentity
Illuminator
 
alienentity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,325
Originally Posted by Heiwa View Post
Aha, there you are! Pls visit The Heiwa Challenge thread! Your followers have big trouble getting their act together; M one-way crushing multiple m! They need your moral support, if you have any left?
Heiwa, please go troll somewhere else. This thread isn't about you and your nutty crushdown, it's about Bentham's lack of proper peer review.

If you are feeling ignored and lonely on your thread, maybe you should find something relevant and interesting to say instead.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 11:26 AM   #33
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 13,878
Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
Heiwa, please go troll somewhere else. This thread isn't about you and your nutty crushdown, it's about Bentham's lack of proper peer review.

Oh, is it?
__________________
The World is "Fake News"
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 11:32 AM   #34
bill smith
Philosopher
 
bill smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,408
Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
Is Neils Harrit tenured? Honest question, I'm wondering how he could stay employed at University of Copenhagen or wherever he teaches after that interview and the Bentham debacle.
Isn't it obvious ? They BELIEVE him- that's why. Unless you can think of another reason ?
__________________
*Think WTC7 - You cannot make the four corners of a table fall together unless you cut the four legs together
*A kitchen table judgement on a world scale is enough
* To Citizens: 'There comes a time when silence is betrayal'
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 11:35 AM   #35
oldhat
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 997
Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
Isn't it obvious ? They BELIEVE him- that's why. Unless you can think of another reason ?
Being tenured. Do you know what that means?
oldhat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 11:41 AM   #36
bill smith
Philosopher
 
bill smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,408
Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
Is it a coincidence that several other 'leaders' of 9/11 truth appear to be ******* crazy? Jim Fetzer and Judy Wood come to mind as prime suspects. Judging from a recent interview with Kevin Ryan he actually believes that several companies which worked on the NIST investigation are actually 9/11 perps! That's fairly standard truther paranoia, though, nothing special.

Steven Jones doesn't seem to know whether he's coming or going: He used to insist on sulphur and zinc being proof of thermite, now he's insisting that their absence is proof of nanothermite, but he still can't figure out how it would have been used in either case - did it melt steel laterally by some unknown but magic process or did it explode exactly like other high explosives but silently and without shockwaves?
Oh yeah, he lately posits that it might have been used merely as a detonator for conventional high explosives, and was painted onto something somehow. OK, sure, whatever....

There's so many holes, contradictions and deadends in his thinking that if he manages not to fade into complete obscurity fairly soon I'd be surprised. But he doesn't seem as loopy as Harrit.

If this is the best leadership 9/11 truth can come up with, I'd say times are very tough indeed.

To add to the misery, Bentham's has just been exposed as having very questionable 'peer review' as well.http://www.newscientist.com/article/...d-journal.html
The fact of the matter is that Jones has reversed the burden of proof. He has written his paper, had it peer reviewed and published.

In the scientific world it is now up to you to disprove what he has established. Sniping and whining from the sidelines cuts no ice on this subject any more.

So accept what he says or try to rebutt it in in the traditional time-honoured way.
__________________
*Think WTC7 - You cannot make the four corners of a table fall together unless you cut the four legs together
*A kitchen table judgement on a world scale is enough
* To Citizens: 'There comes a time when silence is betrayal'

Last edited by bill smith; 12th June 2009 at 11:42 AM.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 11:44 AM   #37
oldhat
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 997
Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
The fact of the matter is that Jones has reversed the burden of proof. He has written his paper, had it peer reviewed and published.

In the scientific world it is now up to you to disprove what he has established. Sniping and whining from the sidelines cuts no ice on this subject any more.
Except that it wasn't peer reviewed. The editor of Bentham resigned when she found out it was published in the journal she was supposed to be editing without her approval. That's not peer review.

The burden of proof is never reversed in academic research. If Jones and Harrit make an argument that the crap they found is nano-thermite, it's up to them to prove it. They can start by publishing their research in an authentic peer reviewed publication (and since they're both reputable academics, they should have no objection to this -- right?).

Last edited by oldhat; 12th June 2009 at 11:46 AM.
oldhat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 11:48 AM   #38
bill smith
Philosopher
 
bill smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,408
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
He gave a presentation in Switzerland a month ago. The introduction is german but he switches to english after a minute and (mostly) sticks to it. 102min video, embedding deactivated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjwPIsTEulg
Fantastic. I'm listening and watching right now.
__________________
*Think WTC7 - You cannot make the four corners of a table fall together unless you cut the four legs together
*A kitchen table judgement on a world scale is enough
* To Citizens: 'There comes a time when silence is betrayal'
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 11:50 AM   #39
Minadin
Master Poster
 
Minadin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,469
Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
Sarcasm or meta-sarcasm? I can't tell.
Nano-
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th June 2009, 12:45 PM   #40
alienentity
Illuminator
 
alienentity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,325
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Oh, is it?
Oops! wrong thread. I should have written 'about Niels Harrit'. Sorry.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:22 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.