ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11 conspiracy theories , Niels Harrit

Old 4th March 2010, 12:32 PM   #161
tfk
Illuminator

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
For what it's worth, it seems like Niels Harrit has grown frustrated with the Danish newspapers not accepting the Twoof, so he filed a complaint against two major daily newspapers with the Danish Press Council (independent, public tribunal which deals with complaints about the mass media).

The answer came back pretty swiftly: 'Complaint is baseless'.
KD,

Do you have a link to this story? I looked & couldn't find it.

Thanks.

Tom
tfk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2010, 06:19 AM   #162
chran
Muse

Here you go, from the Danish Press Council's homepage (in Danish):

http://www.pressenaevnet.dk/Kendelser/2010.aspx

It's case number 2010-6-0944 (Politiken - full text) and 2010-6-0943 (Jyllands-Posten - full text). You can use Google Translate.

They're both very precious. I accidently discovered that Niels Harrit had a lecture in my city last Sunday, so I'm kinda bummed I missed that.

Last edited by chran; 5th March 2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: links to full text
chran is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2010, 12:09 PM   #163
alienentity
Illuminator

Translations of Danish Text

Originally Posted by chran View Post

It's case number 2010-6-0944 (Politiken - full text) and 2010-6-0943 (Jyllands-Posten - full text). You can use Google Translate.

They're both very precious. I accidently discovered that Niels Harrit had a lecture in my city last Sunday, so I'm kinda bummed I missed that.
Press Board order in Case No. 2010-6-0944

Summary

Appeals - a person - complained that the policy had not put the Complainant's chronicle.

Press Board Chairman said:

In accordance with the general principle of the editor's right to edit media editor is entitled to decide what they will bring in the newspaper. The newspaper is not obliged to bring [K] 's feature article. Dismissal then as manifestly unfounded, see Media Liability Act § 43 paragraph. 2, No 1

[K] has complained to the Press Board, as he believes that politics has acted in breach of good press ethics by refusing to compromise his chronicle.

[K] sent on 15 January 2010 an article entitled "World Trade Center 7" Politiken. Kronikken referred to the collapse of World Trade Center and the particular reason that the third tower, tower seven collapsed, although it is not, as the other two towers were hit by an airplane. [K] specifies, inter alia, that the collapse of tower 7 may be explained by the fact that the tower was torn down intentionally and not, as the official explanation was that the building collapsed because of a fire.

On 2 February 2010 announced policy [K] refusal to bring Kronikken the following reasons:

"Dear [K]

Thank you for reading your feature article proposals.

We should be the last to complain of us to get as many good ideas for Chronicle which we attach much importance. But the offers are so many and so good that every day we have to say no to a variety of article offers some good articles, because we now even have only space for a feature article every day "

It appears from the information that Information, 25 July 2007 brought a chronicle of [K], entitled "The Seventh Tower".

[K] In particular, stated that the newspaper's refusal Kronikken contrary to good press ethics, since Kronikken contains essential information about understanding the events of 11 September 2001, in particular, whether the cause of building collapse Syv (Seven). A majority of the Danish population has never heard of Syv (Seven) building collapse, due to the leading media - including Politiken - editorial choice. Apart from the Complainant's own chronicle of Information complaints are not aware that the view previously put forward in the media.

In accordance with the general principle of the editor's right to edit media editor is entitled to decide what they will bring in the newspaper. The newspaper is not obliged to bring [K] 's feature article. Dismissal then as manifestly unfounded, see Media Liability Act § 43 paragraph. 2, No 1

Settled on 12 February 2010

Press Board order in Case No. 2010-6-0943

Summary

Appeals - a person - complained that The Times had not put the Complainant's chronicle.

In accordance with the general principle of the editor's right to edit media editor is entitled to decide what they will bring in the newspaper. The newspaper is not obliged to bring [K] 's feature article. Dismissal then as manifestly unfounded, see Media Liability Act § 43 paragraph. 2, No. 1

[K] has complained to the Press Board, as he believes that Jyllands-Posten has acted in breach of good press ethics by refusing to compromise his chronicle.

[K] sent on 30 December 2009 an article entitled "World Trade Center 7" Jyllands-Posten. Kronikken referred to the collapse of World Trade Center and the particular reason that the third tower, tower seven collapsed, although it is not, as the other two towers were hit by an airplane. [K] specifies, inter alia, that the collapse of tower 7 may be explained by the fact that the tower was torn down intentionally and not, as the official explanation was that the building collapsed because of a fire.

On 13 January 2010 informed the Jyllands-Posten [K] refusal to bring Kronikken the following reasons:

"Dear [K]

I ordered a feature article with you and have you supplied. Thank you very much. However, I must disappoint you - we do not want to press on. The background is that I subsequently found that the idea is not new but has been raised several times in different contexts. I must regret that I did not initially aware of it.

Our normal fee chronicle is DKK 1,500, you will receive £ 2000 as a small patch on the wound. "

It appears from the information that Information, 25 July 2007 brought a chronicle of [K]. under the heading "The Seventh Tower".

[K] In particular, stated that the newspaper's refusal on 13 January 2010 by Kronikken contrary to good press ethics, since Kronikken contains essential information about understanding the events of 11 September 2001, in particular, whether the cause of building collapse Syv(seven). A majority of the Danish population has never heard of Syv(seven) building collapse, due to the leading media - including Jyllands-Posten - editorial choice. Apart from the Complainant's own chronicle of Information complaints are not aware that the view previously put forward in the media.

Settled on 12 February 2010

Last edited by alienentity; 5th March 2010 at 12:11 PM.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th March 2010, 01:31 PM   #164
Josarhus
Thinker

Originally Posted by chran View Post

At that "lecture" last Sunday in Aarhus, some 315 people attended, so far that has given the truth movement exactly 1 new member in all (more joined, but a few also left the movement in the same period) The total number of members are now at 456, one more than on Sunday night.

They have also been awfully quite about the rejections from the Danish Press Board.
Josarhus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 01:57 AM   #165
steveDK
New Blood

DEBATE: Niels Harrit debated physicist Per Hedegaard at the University of Copenhagen. See a report of the debate here, in English, at the following site: universitypost.dk/article/911-cover-or-crazy-conspiracy which includes comments by truthers and others. In recent lectures Harrit has downgraded his view on nanothermite, explaining that it was used in a mixture with other explosives. Since I have also attend Harrit's lectures, I can also add that Harrit's reply to the two major questions 1) how could they plant the explosives, and 2) why havent any witnesses come forward, are as follows 1) they could wheel in a few hundred kilos of explosives on carts without being noticed (which in my opinion is certainly plausible), and 2) who would want to admit that they participated in the murder of 3000 people (can't argue with that). Steve S
steveDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 02:33 AM   #166
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by steveDK View Post
DEBATE: Niels Harrit debated physicist Per Hedegaard at the University of Copenhagen. See a report of the debate here, in English, at the following site: universitypost.dk/article/911-cover-or-crazy-conspiracy which includes comments by truthers and others. In recent lectures Harrit has downgraded his view on nanothermite, explaining that it was used in a mixture with other explosives. Since I have also attend Harrit's lectures, I can also add that Harrit's reply to the two major questions 1) how could they plant the explosives, and 2) why havent any witnesses come forward, are as follows 1) they could wheel in a few hundred kilos of explosives on carts without being noticed (which in my opinion is certainly plausible), and 2) who would want to admit that they participated in the murder of 3000 people (can't argue with that). Steve S
Who is "they"?

You really think that "a few hundred kilos of explosives on carts" could bring down an office tower yet an airliner impact and uncontrolled fires could not?
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 03:15 AM   #167
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

1) they could wheel in a few hundred kilos of explosives on carts without being noticed (which in my opinion is certainly plausible)
... Just wheel them in? No attaching the explosives to supporting beams? No attaching detonators? No planting them where they would be effective?

Quote:
, and 2) who would want to admit that they participated in the murder of 3000 people (can't argue with that). Steve S
You do know that a witness doesn't have to participate in the crime right? Actually, put that aside for a moment, for what you are talking about to work you would have to have (using a very conservative estimate) 50 people to prepare, carry in and set the charges. 100 firemen to ignore the fact that the buildings shouldn't have collapsed. 300 more firemen that weren't on the "team" but are afraid to say anything. 100 people that could in the city of New York, at one of it's most popular landmarks, make sure that no one with any experience with HE charges that could tell the difference them and explosions that just happen in a fire. 2-3,000 people to make sure that none of the cameras/mics in the area got evidence that they took the building down with nanothermite and CD charges...

That's just off the top of my head and I'm sure that I missed some angles.
Old 19th March 2010, 05:05 AM   #168
Josarhus
Thinker

I have also asked Niels Harrit the same question about getting the explosives into the WTC, and he also gave me the answer that nobody would notice it coming in, since the WTC daily received several truck loads of supplies, and a few pallets with explosives wouldn’t get noticed, especially if they where labelled “office supplies”

I then replied that any kind of conventional explosives would get notices by the bomb sniffing dogs, even people handling it would get noticed by the dogs. To that he replied that the bomb sniffing dogs were removed 2 weeks prior to 9/11.

I then told him, that it was about a week before 9/11 that the number of bomb sniffing dogs was returned to normal, not removed and that one of the dogs died under one of the towers on 9/11. After that he refused to comment further.

In the same debate he also answered the following (Google translation!), when I asked him if high rise buildings like WTC often get hit by high speed commercial airliners:

Originally Posted by Niels Harrit
No, for the simple reason that it is not possible to hit a building in size and similar construction that WTC1 and 2 with a manually controlled aircraft with the size and speed. Especially if the pilot is an amateur.
Another Dane replied when he was told of this answer, that the main runway at Copenhagen Airport is much narrower than the WTC 1 and 2 and pilots don’t seem to have a problem hitting that. No response from Harrit….
Josarhus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 06:00 AM   #169
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

Quote:
No, for the simple reason that it is not possible to hit a building in size and similar construction that WTC1 and 2 with a manually controlled aircraft with the size and speed. Especially if the pilot is an amateur.
How could the "construction" of the building have anything to do with how hard or easy it would be to hit it????????
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 06:07 AM   #170
ref
Master Poster

I can also add that Harrit's reply to the two major questions 1) how could they plant the explosives, are as follows 1) they could wheel in a few hundred kilos of explosives on carts without being noticed (which in my opinion is certainly plausible),
Last time I heard he said there were tens of tons of explosives/thermite, not just a few hundred kilos.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 06:12 AM   #171
carlitos
"más divertido"

This thread title is apt.
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 07:16 AM   #172
KDLarsen
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ref View Post
Last time I heard he said there were tens of tons of explosives/thermite, not just a few hundred kilos.
On Russia Today he proclaimed "they" had used 100 tonnes of conventional explosives.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 08:17 AM   #173
BigAl
Philosopher

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
On Russia Today he proclaimed "they" had used 100 tonnes of conventional explosives.
Hush-A-boom can hardly be described as conventional.
Dept of Redundancy Dept.
BigAl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 08:54 AM   #174
alienentity
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Josarhus View Post
I then replied that any kind of conventional explosives would get notices by the bomb sniffing dogs, even people handling it would get noticed by the dogs. To that he replied that the bomb sniffing dogs were removed 2 weeks prior to 9/11.

I then told him, that it was about a week before 9/11 that the number of bomb sniffing dogs was returned to normal, not removed and that one of the dogs died under one of the towers on 9/11. After that he refused to comment further.

In the same debate he also answered the following (Google translation!), when I asked him if high rise buildings like WTC often get hit by high speed commercial airliners:

Another Dane replied when he was told of this answer, that the main runway at Copenhagen Airport is much narrower than the WTC 1 and 2 and pilots don’t seem to have a problem hitting that. No response from Harrit….
His irreducible delusions prove highly resistant to smacks upside the head by reality.

Funny how a guy who gets a commercial pilot's license is referred to as an 'amateur'.
What's Harrit's background in nanothermite? Oh, right...he's actually an amateur.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 09:36 AM   #175
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Josarhus View Post
I have also asked Niels Harrit the same question about getting the explosives into the WTC, and he also gave me the answer that nobody would notice it coming in, since the WTC daily received several truck loads of supplies, and a few pallets with explosives wouldn’t get noticed, especially if they where labelled “office supplies”
Staples is in on it!
Old 19th March 2010, 09:42 AM   #176
TheDaver
hairy farting brute

who would want to admit that they participated in the murder of 3000 people (can't argue with that).
Sure you can. For starters, such a conspirator would be able to sleep well at night knowing he had brought justice down on the major players in the conspiracy. And he would almost certainly not be severely punished himself; he could make a plea bargain.
Old 19th March 2010, 10:35 AM   #177
TruthersLie
This space for rent.

Steve.

1. After 1993, the wtc towers increased security. This claim that people would just roll in a few carts full of explosives w/out being noticed is incredibly ignorant of building security and what has to be done in controlled demoltions.

After 1993, they installed higher security including bomb sniffing dogs. There were higher levels than normal (extra shifts, and extra dogs) for sevearl months before 9/11 and there were 2 bomb sniffing dogs on duty on 911
explosives have to be put directly on load bearing columns. not near them. So you have people who would have to remove all the sheetrock, drywall, etc and have them accessing load bearing columns.

All of that without anyone noticing in three huge office buildings.

I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way.

2. So you mean to tell me that not one person has (in 8 years) bragged to friends, confessed to a priest, told their shrink, been busted and rolled on anyone?

EVER?

It would be operational security of an unheard of level for anything. Yet anothr argument from ignorance and incredulity. Do me a favor. Look up organized crime. Now go and look how many people get busted because people brag, confess, get pinched and roll on their fellows.
"There are submissions to the Journal of 9/11 Studies, but that's about as convincing as submissions to the Journal of Intelligent Design Studies." –Noam Chomsky (and this can be said of ANY and all twoof papers)

Last edited by TruthersLie; 19th March 2010 at 10:40 AM.
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 10:37 AM   #178
TruthersLie
This space for rent.

Originally Posted by sheeplesnshills View Post
How could the "construction" of the building have anything to do with how hard or easy it would be to hit it????????
Of course.

the taller and more slender the building, the more likely it is that it could just sway out of the way.

You know, intelligent buildings which dodge airliners are very common in twoofland.
"There are submissions to the Journal of 9/11 Studies, but that's about as convincing as submissions to the Journal of Intelligent Design Studies." –Noam Chomsky (and this can be said of ANY and all twoof papers)
TruthersLie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 10:50 AM   #179
Edx
Philosopher

Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Actually they believe in hushabombs when they want to and loud explosions when they want to, the problem is when they claim people were thrown around by these loud explosives (yet not have any injuries consistent with explosives) and then say that during the collapse heavy explosives flung steel around but was quiet cuz they used thermite.
Edx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 10:54 AM   #180
KDLarsen
Illuminator

Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Nah, but that interview was after he realised that therm*te doesn't do rule10, so he had to bring in the conventional explosives to actually do the damage
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2010, 11:36 AM   #181
Josarhus
Thinker

Originally Posted by sheeplesnshills View Post

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by Josarhus; 19th March 2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 23rd March 2010, 07:51 AM   #182
newton3376
The Truth Movement.....still not at 1%

Originally Posted by Alferd_Packer View Post
Staples is in on it!

Wow....that was freaking funny alferd...

i was scrolling down innocently reading the thread.....and then i saw this....

fortunately i had already swallowed the tea i was drinking otherwise it would now be on my screen...

Old 23rd March 2010, 09:44 AM   #183
sheeplesnshills
Illuminator

Quote:
The fact of the matter is that Jones has reversed the burden of proof. He has written his paper, had it peer reviewed and published.
No it was not peer reviewed and it was published in a vanity press jornal that will publish even spoof "crap" papers.

Quote:
In the scientific world it is now up to you to disprove what he has established. Sniping and whining from the sidelines cuts no ice on this subject any more.
Wrong again. If the findings of a paper cannot be reproduced it has no value.
The paper has so many methodology errors it does not reach the level of having proved anything so what would another researcher disprove in any case?

Quote:
So accept what he says or try to rebutt it in in the traditional time-honoured way.
Why would anyone do that? I could say Mars is made on red cheese with as much authority as Jones can claim Thermite in the WTC dust. he is delusional on other subjects (Pre Columbian horses) has a long history of being wrong and not realising it (cold fusion) is not a chemistry professor so is untrained in the field in question and made elementary errors in his testing (no control testing, use of MEK and igniting his "thermite in air etc etc)

The other names in the paper are largely even less qualified than he is and took no meaningful part in the testing in any case so cannot comment on what he is supposed to have tested or the results of those tests.
sheeplesnshills is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2010, 08:53 PM   #184
TruthMakesPeace
Banned

Dr. Niels Harrit has 56 studies published in scientific journals, NielsHarrit.org

Dr. Niels Harrit has 56 studies published in peer reviewed scientific journals. He is a tenured professor of chemistry at one of Europe's most prestigious universities. He would not jeopardize his reputation or career if he was not confident in the accurace of his experiment. He urges others to follow his research and see for themselves. It is a sad case that those who do not read scientific journals or fully understand the scientific method, are among his loudest detractors. Publish even 1 study in a scientific journal, then let us hear from you.
TruthMakesPeace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2010, 09:00 PM   #185
TruthMakesPeace
Banned

ACE Elevator Company of New Jersey won the world's largest elevator "upgrade" project in history, and were at work for about 9 months up to 9/11/2001. Presumably they got paid along the way, and were very successful. They had complete access to the elevator shafts of the WTCs, and could plant explosives, perhaps disguised as "elevator safety devices" and coat the elevator shafts wtih nano-thermite gel. What is highly suspicious is that we don't see ACE Elevator employees being interviewed on TV. Also, they did not stay to help the firemen. The company disappeared.
TruthMakesPeace is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2010, 09:02 PM   #186
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by cicorp View Post
Dr. Niels Harrit has 56 studies published in peer reviewed scientific journals. He is a tenured professor of chemistry at one of Europe's most prestigious universities. He would not jeopardize his reputation or career if he was not confident in the accurace of his experiment. He urges others to follow his research and see for themselves. It is a sad case that those who do not read scientific journals or fully understand the scientific method, are among his loudest detractors. Publish even 1 study in a scientific journal, then let us hear from you.
appeal to authority. which is a logical fallacy, he wont subject his paper to peer review in established recognized journals. like the ones he publiashed in the past, do you know why? because he is agenda driven and knows his paper is bunk and will not pass peer review.

dismissed
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2010, 09:03 PM   #187
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

You don't get a free pass no matter how many papers you published, or your credentials; if you understood the scientific method you would know this. Stop making excuses.
Old 8th September 2010, 09:06 PM   #188
grandmastershek
Graduate Poster

ACE Elevator Company of New Jersey won the world's largest elevator "upgrade" project in history, and were at work for about 9 months up to 9/11/2001. Presumably they got paid along the way, and were very successful. They had complete access to the elevator shafts of the WTCs, and could plant explosives, perhaps disguised as "elevator safety devices" and coat the elevator shafts wtih nano-thermite gel. What is highly suspicious is that we don't see ACE Elevator employees being interviewed on TV. Also, they did not stay to help the firemen. The company disappeared.

Could of would of should of. See burden of proof and stop accusing people without evidence. Your speculation is not that.

And stop lying.

http://www.aceelevatorcompany.com/

Friggin truther vomit.
Old 8th September 2010, 11:47 PM   #189
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Dr. Niels Harrit has 56 studies published in peer reviewed scientific journals. He is a tenured professor of chemistry at one of Europe's most prestigious universities.
in othwer words, Harrit was experienced and knew how the system worked, yet he still found himself unable to get his paper published so he cheated to get it into a vanity pay-for-play rag like Bentham. Harrit is personally and directly responsible for the harm done to his own reputation.

Quote:
He would not jeopardize his reputation or career if he was not confident in the accurace of his experiment.
The same way OJ Simpson, a respected athlete and movie star wouldn't jeopardize his own reputation by stabbing two people to death?

Quote:
He urges others to follow his research and see for themselves.
You mean not do the one test that would have proved it was thermite they way Harrit failed to do?

Quote:
It is a sad case that those who do not read scientific journals or fully understand the scientific method, are among his loudest detractors.
Neither, apparently, do any of his supporters.

Quote:
Publish even 1 study in a scientific journal, then let us hear from you.
You first. Your side is still at zero.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2010, 11:50 PM   #190
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

ACE Elevator Company of New Jersey won the world's largest elevator "upgrade" project in history, and were at work for about 9 months up to 9/11/2001. Presumably they got paid along the way, and were very successful. They had complete access to the elevator shafts of the WTCs, and could plant explosives, perhaps disguised as "elevator safety devices" and coat the elevator shafts wtih nano-thermite gel.
The cores of both towers remained standing several seconds after the collapses. There wasn't anything in the elevator shafts.

Try again.

What is highly suspicious is that we don't see ACE Elevator employees being interviewed on TV. Also, they did not stay to help the firemen.
Civilians getting out of the way of the firefighters and paramedics is not suspicious.

Next time you're near a burning building, go in and try to help the firefighters and see where that gets you.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 12:26 AM   #191
R.Mackey
Philosopher

Quite an amusing claim, seeing how he has jeopardized his reputation by publishing a nonsense, easily falsified, conspiracy-mongering paper in a vanity journal. Guess you overestimated him.

I have 25 papers to my name -- none of them in rags like Bentham -- and I say the man is crackpot. You have now heard from me.

His findings are also directly contradicted by over 200 journal articles and four full-scale investigations, from over a dozen different countries, from some of the world's most eminent and highly published researchers. If reputation is all you have to judge by, you'd be even more critical of Dr. Harrit than we are.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 12:41 AM   #192
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Originally Posted by R.Mackey View Post
Quite an amusing claim, seeing how he has jeopardized his reputation by publishing a nonsense, easily falsified, conspiracy-mongering paper in a vanity journal. Guess you overestimated him.

I have 25 papers to my name -- none of them in rags like Bentham -- and I say the man is crackpot. You have now heard from me.

His findings are also directly contradicted by over 200 journal articles and four full-scale investigations, from over a dozen different countries, from some of the world's most eminent and highly published researchers. If reputation is all you have to judge by, you'd be even more critical of Dr. Harrit than we are.
This seems a bit much coming from someone who, due to his insistence on blindly following the NIST report, made serious and proven errors in our debate concerning the factor of safety of the central core columns and the amount of tilt in WTC 1 before it descended.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 9th September 2010 at 12:44 AM.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 04:18 AM   #193
Scott Jurgenson
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by TruthersLie View Post
Steve.

1. After 1993, the wtc towers increased security. This claim that people would just roll in a few carts full of explosives w/out being noticed is incredibly ignorant of building security and what has to be done in controlled demoltions.

After 1993, they installed higher security including bomb sniffing dogs. There were higher levels than normal (extra shifts, and extra dogs) for sevearl months before 9/11 and there were 2 bomb sniffing dogs on duty on 911
explosives have to be put directly on load bearing columns. not near them. So you have people who would have to remove all the sheetrock, drywall, etc and have them accessing load bearing columns.

All of that without anyone noticing in three huge office buildings.

I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way.

2. So you mean to tell me that not one person has (in 8 years) bragged to friends, confessed to a priest, told their shrink, been busted and rolled on anyone?

EVER?

It would be operational security of an unheard of level for anything. Yet anothr argument from ignorance and incredulity. Do me a favor. Look up organized crime. Now go and look how many people get busted because people brag, confess, get pinched and roll on their fellows.
Even if he's right and no one wants to admit to killing 3000 people, it still wouldn't matter. Someone who maybe feels really guilty would go to a police station asking for full immunity, witness protection & others and say "Have I got a strory for you..."
Scott Jurgenson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 04:21 AM   #194
Scott Jurgenson
Critical Thinker

*Queef Noise*

This is comical, there is no way that an outside company who has access to the elevator shafts would be able to sneak bombs past the port authority...wait truther logic coming...now I'm told they're in on it too....right?
Scott Jurgenson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 05:30 AM   #195
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Scott Jurgenson View Post
Even if he's right and no one wants to admit to killing 3000 people, it still wouldn't matter. Someone who maybe feels really guilty would go to a police station asking for full immunity, witness protection & others and say "Have I got a strory for you..."
They could go to the Wall Street Journal. They could go to Al Djazeera. They coukd go to all of these at the same time. And the police, too. They could sell the story and get filthy rich.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 06:41 AM   #196
The Almond
Graduate Poster

Dr. Niels Harrit has 56 studies published in peer reviewed scientific journals.
Amazingly, Harrit is a well respected researcher in semiconductors and materials science, but he has no relevant experience in forensic microanalysis. He has never conducted a forensic study of dust from a fire, and he's never published data on nano-thermite. What makes him qualified to make such claims or to conduct such a study?
Quote:
He is a tenured professor of chemistry at one of Europe's most prestigious universities. He would not jeopardize his reputation or career if he was not confident in the accurace of his experiment.
What's so embarrassing is that his research showed 6th grade science fair level flaws. He had no control sample, he didn't do a random sample of the material, he didn't analyze enough material, he didn't do the microanalysis properly, he misidentified materials and he made wild, errant claims that were not supported by the evidence. For shame!
Quote:
He urges others to follow his research and see for themselves. It is a sad case that those who do not read scientific journals or fully understand the scientific method, are among his loudest detractors. Publish even 1 study in a scientific journal, then let us hear from you.
I'm not a Ryan Mackey, but I've got 6 first author publications to my name, not including my master's thesis, and I've actually done microanalytical research on dust and ash. What's more, I've actually published in for-real peer-reviewed journals that I didn't have to pay to publish in.
Old 9th September 2010, 07:14 AM   #197
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by The Almond View Post
I'm not a Ryan Mackey, but I've got 6 first author publications to my name, not including my master's thesis, and I've actually done microanalytical research on dust and ash. What's more, I've actually published in for-real peer-reviewed journals that I didn't have to pay to publish in.
That's the sound of one Dr. Niels Harrit getting rather cleanly owned by someone with a duck patch for an avatar. Gotta smart a little.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2010, 03:17 PM   #198
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

In the case of most heavy-duty twoofers, we can usually find some religious or political aggenda or mental disorder driving them. (Think of S. Jones, A. Jones or Judy Woo-woo.) Or they are grifters out to make a buck like little Dickie the Box Boy.

Does Harrit belong to any extremist political organizations that anyone knows of?
Old 13th September 2010, 12:06 AM   #199
steveDK
New Blood

More on Niels Harrit

I live in Denmark, am studying the truthers as an anthropologist, have attended Harrit's lectures in Copenhagen, translated some materials about him and about the Bentham journal, and I have spoken with him several times. Harrit is a chemist, assoc. prof. at the university, an accomplished saxophonist, and has clear leftist sympathies in line with most European academics, which means a virulent anti-Americanism of the character "love the people, hate the government". He can get emotional about his topic, as do all truthers (most recently on the radio broadcast from New Mexico in August, see screwloosechange), and dogmatic in arguments, but he ain't crazy. Of more importance is that from September 1st, Harrit has been pensioned off from the university, age 64. In Denmark, univ. teachers can choose to work many years longer, but there are also budget constraints, esp. at the natural science faculties, in which entire units can lose grants and be closed down. Harrit may have been affected here. This means that I am unable to determine if Harrit was forced out, eased out, or received a retirement package he couldn't refuse. Since most truther experts (Griffin, Fetzer, Jones) are retired academics -- who else has the time to do all this nanothermite stuff or comb the net for more smoking guns -- we can probably expect to hear more from Harrit in the future. Harrit himself intimidated this in a recent talk, that he won't be muzzled by his job as a civil servant. Regarding Bentham and open access, Harrit paid the publication fee from his university research account. But the real scandal is the editor of the journal who apparently was not aware of what she was publishing. For what its worth, all of us are being increasingly compelled to publish only in open access journals, with necessary payment stipulations. But we all need to make sure that open acess doesnt come to mean more drivel out there...steve s
steveDK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2010, 01:08 AM   #200
alienentity
Illuminator

Thanks Steve.

btw I think you mean 'Harrit himself intimated this in a recent talk'

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories