ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 20th July 2010, 09:07 AM   #161
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Titanic Explorer View Post
From what i've seen, most Truthers are anti semite bastards
Who mentions Jews the most on the jref ? Debunkers or Truthers ?

Last edited by bill smith; 20th July 2010 at 09:14 AM.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2010, 11:08 AM   #162
ShadowSot
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
Who mentions Jews the most on the jref ? Debunkers or Truthers ?
Well since there are more "Debunkers" than "Truthers", and many Truthers do mention Jews, which prompt the Debunkers to mention them in response...

So... yeah.
ShadowSot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2010, 04:42 PM   #163
fess
Graduate Poster

Sure...be skeptical. But there is more than enough evidence there that tells you that the story is true.I never turned down a news source in my life by the way. I am usually able to tell what is what without rejecting an article by looking at the cover as seems to be the way in America.
Please B.S., stop trying to prove that you are dumber than a broken brick. Your imbecilic, half-witted statements have certainly convinced me.
You call me a skeptic and claim that I only looked at the “cover”; well that is just another lie from a proven ****off. I posted the link to the web site, why don’t you read it and report back to everyone about the content…
Old 20th July 2010, 04:54 PM   #164
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fess View Post
Please B.S., stop trying to prove that you are dumber than a broken brick. Your imbecilic, half-witted statements have certainly convinced me.
You call me a skeptic and claim that I only looked at the “cover”; well that is just another lie from a proven ****off. I posted the link to the web site, why don’t you read it and report back to everyone about the content…
Hmmm...I don't think I'll bother. You can post the links amd show people...if you dare of course. Watch this space folks.

Last edited by bill smith; 20th July 2010 at 04:58 PM.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2010, 06:02 PM   #165
triforcharity
Banned

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Claiming that no aircraft were involved is the most stupid thing I have seen anywhere!
Not supporting the stupid claim is the second most stupid thing.

Before making a claim like that you would think they would have their ducks in a line.
Not to take away from the stupidity of No Planers, but the VicSim report, I my opinion, takes the cake. Not only on stupidity, but on the repulsive value too.

It would be better to just watch Unsecured Coins' video on the VicSim report here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KypRnzVcGus

Warning, NSFW language.
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2010, 06:22 PM   #166
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

You probably don't even know that Bush and his pals were served with a murder writ in 2004 by among others 400 9/11 family members .
It's sad that you believe that actually happened.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2010, 08:03 PM   #167
TSR
Illuminator

Originally Posted by fess View Post
I posted the link to the web site, why don’t you read it and report back to everyone about the content…
You can post the links amd show people...if you dare of course. Watch this space folks.
BS: Read these two quotes and see if you can spot the problem...
TSR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2010, 08:22 PM   #168
babazaroni
Muse

There's a guy in an ongoing thread who says he is an engineer and claims that a YouTube video shows mathematically that the WTC towers should have taken a minimum of 42 seconds to collapse.

Here's the thread: http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/th...184#msg1219184

And here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_j1jAv1j3U

He's quite persistent. I'm sure the engineers here could have much fun with him.

Last edited by babazaroni; 20th July 2010 at 08:34 PM.
babazaroni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2010, 08:28 PM   #169
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

See hyperlink for 100% confirmation.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=135 hyperlink
All you have shown is 100% confirmation that you believe every nutjob with a nutjob story on the internet without question.

Of course from lurking and reading your posts on this forum, I already knew that about you.

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.

Last edited by The Platypus; 20th July 2010 at 08:30 PM.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2010, 10:11 PM   #170
triforcharity
Banned

Originally Posted by babazaroni View Post
There's a guy in an ongoing thread who says he is an engineer and claims that a YouTube video shows mathematically that the WTC towers should have taken a minimum of 42 seconds to collapse.

Here's the thread: http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/th...184#msg1219184

And here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_j1jAv1j3U

He's quite persistent. I'm sure the engineers here could have much fun with him.
Let me guess, "Clunkity-clunk?"
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2010, 11:18 PM   #171
fess
Graduate Poster

Hmmm...I don't think I'll bother. You can post the links amd show people...if you dare of course. Watch this space folks.
So, you will use a web site as a resource to prove that Bush is guilty of rape, but you won’t read the material on the site?
Hmmmm, yes, I think I do see a problem here… Thanks for proving that what I said about you is a fact!
Stay tuned folks, I'm sure he will prove me right again.

Last edited by fess; 20th July 2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Content
fess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 03:47 AM   #172
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by triforcharity View Post
Not to take away from the stupidity of No Planers, but the VicSim report, I my opinion, takes the cake. Not only on stupidity, but on the repulsive value too.

It would be better to just watch Unsecured Coins' video on the VicSim report here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KypRnzVcGus

Warning, NSFW language.
AAAAH! Why did you subject me to that?

Poking around the 'VicSim' sewage produced this gem
vicsim or mock vicsim
He argues that a police officer he knows to be real and killed at Ground Zero is in fact alive and living under a new identity somewhere along with his colleagues!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 04:05 AM   #173
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

I think Jim thinks that the Pentagon was a set up the same as I do. A honeypot to attract conspiracy theories. I think I read somewhere that he thinks there may have been a real 757 with explosives fitted to blow any of the large parts like the tail to pieces on impact.
Bill, is that your submission for the finest examples of truther stupidity that you've ever encountered?
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 04:26 AM   #174
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by cantonear1968 View Post
Bill, is that your submission for the finest examples of truther stupidity that you've ever encountered?
If it's not his, it's certainly one of mine. Hoffman's suggestion is that a Boeing 757 really did hit the Pentagon, but a missile was used to blow the tail off just before impact so that conspiracy theorists would note the absence of impact damage from the tail and thus deduce that something other than a Boeing 757 hit the Pentagon, and this would be used to discredit conspiracy theorists, because it was perfectly obvious all along that a Boeing 757 hit the Pentagon so nobody could possibly believe anything else. As a piece of convoluted illogic, it's so perfectly formed that it's almost impossible even to articulate it correctly and clearly. It's diamond-encrusted, platinum-plated 24-carat stupidity.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 05:51 AM   #175
bill smith
Philosopher

I think that they had planned to blow away all the conspiracy theories en bloc by suddenly comng out at the strategic moment with incontrovertible video of the 757 hitting the Pentagon.

But then they had two connected forced errors that made it pointless to bring out the Pentagon video. And as we all know by now there are well devveloped theories for all the 9/11 events. To show the plane now would have zero effect on any other theory and probably be completely counterproductive for the perps.

Especially now that more and more people are seeing the Pentagon for the set up that it is. And now we can have a better look at how we were conditioned and set up.

Last edited by bill smith; 21st July 2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 21st July 2010, 10:03 AM   #176
9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned

I think that they had planned to blow away all the conspiracy theories en bloc by suddenly comng out at the strategic moment with incontrovertible video of the 757 hitting the Pentagon.

But then they had two connected forced errors that made it pointless to bring out the Pentagon video. And as we all know by now there are well devveloped theories for all the 9/11 events. To show the plane now would have zero effect on any other theory and probably be completely counterproductive for the perps.

Especially now that more and more people are seeing the Pentagon for the set up that it is. And now we can have a better look at how we were conditioned and set up.
Why do you need a video of Flight 77 hitting the Pentagon when they picked up parts of the plane inside & out of the building? Unless you think they "planted" the parts, then you're not thinking outside the paranoid box.

Are you still not getting the big picture Billy?

We all know that you just come to JREF to get your jollies off. What's the big deal Bill? We all know you're paranoid just like the rest of the looney tunes at 9/11 Truth.

Last edited by 9/11 Chewy Defense; 21st July 2010 at 10:08 AM.
9/11 Chewy Defense is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 10:40 AM   #177
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

I think it's interesting that whenever there is a thread about stupid things that truthers say, several truthers always jump in and add more stupid things to the pile.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 12:06 PM   #178
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Arrgghhh!!!!

******** truthers!!!

I absolutely hate them!!

I'm having a debate and the guy tells me he can defeat my argument simply using NIST's own conclusions. So it's a mostly civil debate of quotes from NIST papers, mostly having to do with the UL tests and the SFRM "shot gun" tests, and I just get him to the point where I point out how he's misinterpreting the results, about how it's not one buck shot going through the buildings but millions of pieces in the debris path of the airplanes that is striking the fireproofed trusses and he comes back with this:

"Well, I would suggest you watch the impact videos of WTC 2 then... You state it was a million pieces yet we saw the planes winds (sic) go through the outer column like a hot knife through butter, and we saw the NOSE come out the other side, INTACT...

Where is that million pieces, I mean you can watch it and see that it is CGI edited
, no wonder it gives people like me who try to wake others up, then it gives people like you who, basically take orders, like a slave..."
(bolding mine)

What are the finest examples of 9/ll Truther stupidity that [I've] ever encountered?

No Planers!
Without a doubt!
Definitely No planers!
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 12:12 PM   #179
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Truthers are like Apollo Hoax Proponents. they see the whole thing as lots of isoleted items and facts. They latch on to one thing that only works if you disregard lots of other things.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 12:12 PM   #180
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
If it's not his, it's certainly one of mine. Hoffman's suggestion is that a Boeing 757 really did hit the Pentagon, but a missile was used to blow the tail off just before impact so that conspiracy theorists would note the absence of impact damage from the tail and thus deduce that something other than a Boeing 757 hit the Pentagon, and this would be used to discredit conspiracy theorists, because it was perfectly obvious all along that a Boeing 757 hit the Pentagon so nobody could possibly believe anything else. As a piece of convoluted illogic, it's so perfectly formed that it's almost impossible even to articulate it correctly and clearly. It's diamond-encrusted, platinum-plated 24-carat stupidity.

Dave
Obviously on the lower level of conspracy theories, even for delusional truthers, because I had never heard that one before.

And Bill, you support this conclusion!?

(I'd like to leave a laughing dog, but I don't feel I have earned that right since I haven't posted here very much yet!)
Old 21st July 2010, 12:24 PM   #181
KingMerv00
Penultimate Amazing

That's a very interesting minimum ten-minute delay between me deleting my post and you quoting the full text of it.

How would that work now with single poster-single reply ? It's odd isn't it ?

I can't imagine any normal poster taking ten minutes over such an inane reply either

Looks like I have another interesting anecdote for the future...
Holograms were probably involved.
KingMerv00 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 01:00 PM   #182
Fonebone
persona non grata

Step up to the plate - mano a mano

Arrgghhh!!!!

******** truthers!!!

I absolutely hate them!!

No Planers!
Without a doubt!
Definitely No planers!
Fonebone is a " truther " and a " No planer "

Fonebone says the WTC2 murder weapon was a cruise missile disguised a a Boeing 767.

Would you like to go " toe to toe" with Fonebone and his cruise missile evidence ?

An ass is still an ass even though he wears a lion's hide --Dryden

Truth once elicited never dies -Bancroft

twoofers versus twidiots , twaitors , twusters and boil-thuckers

Last edited by Fonebone; 21st July 2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: correct punctuation error
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 01:09 PM   #183
carlitos
"más divertido"

The Fonebone Theory of WTC2

Am I right?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 01:10 PM   #184
KingMerv00
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Fonebone says the WTC2 murder weapon was a cruise missile disguised a a Boeing 767.
Quick googling tells me a cruise missle is around 6 meters long...how long is a jumbo jet?
KingMerv00 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 01:16 PM   #185
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

Would you like to go " toe to toe" with Fonebone and his cruise missile evidence ?

any proof of a cruise missle?
Tinfoil Hater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 01:17 PM   #186
carlitos
"más divertido"

KingMerv00, You can see some of the theory here.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 01:17 PM   #187
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by KingMerv00 View Post
Quick googling tells me a cruise missle is around 6 meters long...how long is a jumbo jet?
You have to take relativity and Lorenz transformations into account.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 01:40 PM   #188
The Charnel Expanse
Muse

Anyone remember what used to be at http://www.stlouisrams.net ?
A guy claiming that one of the keys to understanding 9/11 was the propaganda psyop that occurred in Super Bowl XXXVI, which was clearly fixed in favor of the [gasp] Patriots [and he had the grainy, frame-by-frame gifs slowed down to ¼ their original rate and clearly showed calls blown by the refs in real time to prove it].
The Charnel Expanse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 01:48 PM   #189
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Platypus View Post
All you have shown is 100% confirmation that you believe every nutjob with a nutjob story on the internet without question.

Of course from lurking and reading your posts on this forum, I already knew that about you.
Either that of bill is just a Troll who gets his jollies out of getting a rise out of us..a very strong possibility.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 01:49 PM   #190
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Yes, fonebone. I absolutely would. Except I don't want to derail this thread, so please pick another place where you would like to discuss this.

Might I suggest Vienna? Birthplace of modern psychiatry?

BTW, how is Ace Baker after his "suicide" attempt?
Old 21st July 2010, 01:49 PM   #191
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Fonebone is crazy as hell.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 01:51 PM   #192
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Fonebone is crazy as hell.
I think our resident no planer Jammy wins that award
Tinfoil Hater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 02:03 PM   #193
carlitos
"más divertido"

I like Fonebone's posts. Always double-spaced, refers to his nickname in the 3rd person, generally ends them with a relevant quote, occasionally amusing use of inequality signs < >, and he has an actually affirmative hypothesis about what actually happened on 9/11. Bic?
Old 21st July 2010, 05:03 PM   #194
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

One chestnut of Truther stupidity that ranks up there with the no planers is the one that argue that the calls made from the planes were fake. Some Truthers do think the real people were on the phones, but some government agents had them at gunpoint reading a script. . Other Truthers suggest the calls were government fabricated robocalls. Someone on this board thinks Betty Ong's call was fake.

And their proof would be..........?

Plus Truthers argue it's impossible for cellphone calls to be made at a high altitude- last time I checked, all the planes were at a very low altitude when they crashed....

Have Truthers come up with anything they see as evidence to support their theories that the phone calls were fakes?

Last edited by Tinfoil Hater; 21st July 2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 21st July 2010, 10:31 PM   #195
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Have Truthers come up with anything they see as evidence to support their theories that the phone calls were fakes?
"Mom? This is Mark Bingham!"
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 10:35 PM   #196
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Bell View Post
His mother explained that was his usual greeting on the phone, as he was a professional and it was a habit. She took the tone as serious, but didn't find him saying his full name as being a first...
Old 21st July 2010, 11:14 PM   #197
Furcifer

FTW?
Furcifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2010, 01:06 AM   #198
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Obviously on the lower level of conspracy theories, even for delusional truthers, because I had never heard that one before.
I think Hoffman is rather highly regarded among the truther community, despite the sheer implausibility of his bizarre paranoid fantasies. I once wrote a critique of his Attack Scenario 404 (http://911research.wtc7.net/sept11/a...enario404.html), but in retrospect it wasn't really necessary; nobody sane could conceivably take it seriously. In particular, he says that the explosives in the WTC were placed by a team of three technicians over about four weeks; if you divide this by the amount of explosives he claims were used (which you need to search for elsewhere on the site), they had to be averaging about one 40lb charge each every ten seconds. For four weeks.

And that's one of the things I find most entertaining about the truth movement. The idiocy doesn't stem from the rank and file; it's the intellectual leaders of the movement that are the most originally stupid.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2010, 01:44 AM   #199
MikeW
Graduate Poster

One chestnut of Truther stupidity that ranks up there with the no planers is the one that argue that the calls made from the planes were fake. Some Truthers do think the real people were on the phones, but some government agents had them at gunpoint reading a script. . Other Truthers suggest the calls were government fabricated robocalls. Someone on this board thinks Betty Ong's call was fake.
And it gets worse. Another theory says the calls were part of an exercise: people called their relatives, acted a role, scared them, just because it was a part of some scheduled exercise.

Idiots. Still, I suppose you can't blame them: they just have to find ways to make those inconvenient calls go away.
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2010, 01:49 AM   #200
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

...Someone on this board thinks Betty Ong's call was fake.

And their proof would be..........?
Have been over this with my personal truther buddy. His proof is: She is not panicking.
He thinks she should be crying and screaming and uttering dramatic words, because
a) she is a woman
b) she is going to die

To which I reply:
a) flight attendants are trained to remain calm in emergency situations - that's their number one skill, long before pushing juice and closing overhead lockers
b) She did not know at the time that the hijackers intended to crash

To which he replied: I WILL NOT CONTINUE THIS DISCUSSION IF YOU DON'T RESPECT ME AND KEEP TWISTING DA TRUTH!!!
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories