ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 26th July 2010, 01:43 PM   #241
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Hmmmm--- not the first time my links have been corrupted--mox nix

here is the link url and the naked address to cut and poste if necessary

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Also Google "911 mural van police audio " and similar variations for additional links.
The url is working so cut and paste if necessary--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRWQx...ext=1&index=37
Thanks . working fine now.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2010, 08:06 PM   #242
Fonebone
persona non grata

repaired and working link appears to be broken again

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
Thanks . working fine now.
-Fonebone< could you try the working link again-Seems to be broken once again
Paranormal gremlins ?? Or JREF skullduggery ...
Cut and paste link to prove youtube link integrity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRWQx...ext=1&index=37

Truth once elicited never dies -Bancroft

twoofers versus twidiots , twaitors , twusters and boil-thuckers
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2010, 02:03 AM   #243
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
What are the finest examples of 9/ll Truther stupidity that you've ever encountered?
Bill Smith and Fonebone trying to figure out how to get a YouTube link working.

Keep it up guys, great skit!
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2010, 02:34 AM   #244
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
WRONG ! All of the UHAUL landscapes graphics had their brand red horizontal stripe
behind in the background of every scene used in the UHAUL entire graphic series of landscapes.
I cannot locate single truck without this broad stripe that spans the length of
the vehicles.
So the U-Haul New York mural would have had the New York Skyline, the Twin Towers, a non-descript airplane and a big red band.

What's your point here, Fonebone? You appear to be implying that the presence of a red band prevents one from drawing a picture of the Twin Towers and an airplane.

That's bloody retarded, even for a truther.

Quote:
This utube video with a nyc police radio/audio states the van with the WTC tower commercial jet mural
was filled with explosives and they requested the bomb squad.
The police officer states the van occupants fled but were captured .
Then the officer states the van exploded.
And where did this happen?
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 03:57 AM   #245
Furcifer

You know these guys have to think 9/11 was an inside job.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Furcifer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 04:47 AM   #246
Obviousman
Muse

I posted this earlier, but boy - you have to follow the thread through 10 pages and see how ant-Semitic Jim Fetzer is, how he just self-promotes himself, repeats what he thinks is right, ignores evidence that contradicts him, attacks anyone who disagrees with him, won't debate factors he's called on and... well, you name it, he does it.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/in...ic=16026&st=90

The guy is a grade A buffoon. Someone mentions that they like how he thinks outside the box. That may be admirable at times, but Fetzer is not just outside the box, he's left the planet and heading off into space.

Little White Lies.......
Obviousman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 05:09 AM   #247
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by Obviousman View Post
Someone mentions that they like how he thinks outside the box.
They like the fact that he thinks outside the box, or they like the way that he thinks outside the box?

Fetzer has got to be one of the most deluded people on the planet. How can someone who teaches critical thinking to our next generation of youth have such a slippery grasp of logic?

"You need a credit card to do that!!!!"

Sheesh.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 07:31 AM   #248
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Sometimes the 'box' is there for a reason.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 12:14 PM   #249
CompusMentus
Waiting for the Worms

Originally Posted by Obviousman View Post
.....Fetzer is not just outside the box, he's left the planet and heading off into space.

On one of his "radio" shows, I heard Fetzer interviewing Judy Wood. When asked by a caller during the phone-in section "why did the people jump" [from the WTC towers]? She answered that it was probably because they thought it was their best chance, that they thought they would be caught by nets on helicopters. Fetzer did not offer any alternative to counter this.

Also (it might have been the same show) another caller offered the scenario that the jumpers may have been thrown out by teams of "black ops". It's enough to know that Fetzer failed to castigate this caller for the idiocy.

I am on a yahoo mailing list that Fetzer regularly contributes to where he is often held to task about his views on 9/11. (FETZERclaimsDEBUNK@yahoogroups.com). He now tries to distance himself from his previous affiliations with Jones, Wood, Rosalee Grable et al. I must admit I have some fun reminding him of his previous endorsements of the more nutty aspects of those peoples "research". The mailing list is rather quiet at the moment but if anyone here would like to sign up just pop in and say hello.

Compus
Old 28th July 2010, 03:17 PM   #250
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

I just had a truther tell me that since I wasn't personally involved in the construction and subsequent investigation of WTC7 and it's collapse, then I am just taking NIST on "faith" and couldn't possible know what "really" happened!

No! Really! He thinks NIST and the entire engineering community is faith based!

But then he did mention that he had 1200 professionals to support his claims!

Oy vay!
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 05:03 PM   #251
Dog Town
Banned

Originally Posted by cantonear1968 View Post
I just had a truther tell me that since I wasn't personally involved in the construction and subsequent investigation of WTC7 and it's collapse, then I am just taking NIST on "faith" and couldn't possible know what "really" happened!
So...how would he/she know anything?
Dog Town is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 05:51 PM   #252
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
*Head asplodes*
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2010, 09:54 PM   #253
Obviousman
Muse

It's a train wreck, isn't it?

Little White Lies.......
Obviousman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2010, 10:13 PM   #254
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Response: "Oh! I didn't realize you were personally involved in the construction and investigation of WTC7. My bad."
Cl1mh4224rd is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2010, 03:39 AM   #255
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Dog Town View Post
Oh it's the ususal illogic. Everything he learns from some unsubstantiated truther website is obviously true and everything I learn from qualified scientific investigations supported by the engineering community means I'm a mindless govt-following sheep!

I'd point out the irony to him but then I would have to explain to him what irony means!
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2010, 05:00 AM   #256
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Oh it's the ususal illogic. Everything he learns from some unsubstantiated truther website is obviously true and everything I learn from qualified scientific investigations supported by the engineering community means I'm a mindless govt-following sheep!

I'd point out the irony to him but then I would have to explain to him what irony means!
I remember well when Gravy went to the Loose Change forums and made a post showing that there was just as much evidence that the space shuttle disaster was the result of a conspiracy as there was for 9/11.

The attempt at satire backfired, as all the truthers responded, "Hey, you're right! I never thought of that! The gubment DID blow up the space shuttle!"

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2010, 11:12 AM   #257
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by aggle-rithm View Post
I remember well when Gravy went to the Loose Change forums and made a post showing that there was just as much evidence that the space shuttle disaster was the result of a conspiracy as there was for 9/11.

The attempt at satire backfired, as all the truthers responded, "Hey, you're right! I never thought of that! The gubment DID blow up the space shuttle!"
many of them want to see conspiracies in everything.
Tinfoil Hater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2010, 11:54 AM   #258
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Titanic Explorer View Post
many of them want to see conspiracies in everything.
Bingo!

And if you look hard enough for anything (and suspend logical thought), you will find it!
Old 30th July 2010, 12:06 PM   #259
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

Bingo!

And if you look hard enough for anything (and suspend logical thought), you will find it!
I work with a Truther, and he recently went on and on on how 'the government deliberatly detonated the levies in New Orleans'. Apparently he felt the levies were deliberatly bombed during hurricane Katrina.

And your proof would be...? I asked.

His answer was 'It's obvious'.
Tinfoil Hater is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2010, 01:35 PM   #260
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

His answer was 'It's obvious'.
Ah! The truther school of scientific investigation!

"I don't need science to tell me what my preconceived bias can!"
Old 30th July 2010, 05:38 PM   #261
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

Bill Smith claiming that the Jref 911 sub-forum is the very "heart of the OCT propaganda machine". LMAO!!! Now that is a great example of 911 nutjob stupidity.

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2010, 06:02 PM   #262
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by The Platypus View Post
Bill Smith claiming that the Jref 911 sub-forum is the very "heart of the OCT propaganda machine". LMAO!!! Now that is a great example of 911 nutjob stupidity.
No,it is a great example of an attention seeking troll.Hasn't that sunk in yet?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2010, 10:16 PM   #263
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
No,it is a great example of an attention seeking troll.Hasn't that sunk in yet?
What makes you think he's not just another 911 drone?

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2010, 10:43 PM   #264
tuc0

What makes you think he's not just another 911 drone?
The two are not mutually exclusive. Quite the opposite.
tuc0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2010, 12:30 AM   #265
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Bill Smith and Fonebone trying to figure out how to get a YouTube link working.

Keep it up guys, great skit!
Monkeys/football.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2010, 06:11 AM   #266
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, JREF is the place where they will bring the entire NWO to a grinding halt!
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2010, 03:11 PM   #267
Miragememories
Banned

That is pure an utter bs.

MM
Miragememories is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2010, 03:41 PM   #268
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Miragememories View Post

MM
I've met Truthers who thought the Challenger and Columbia space shuttles were blown up by 'Zionists'. The tinfoil hatters hold many bizzare conspiracies close to their hearts
Old 31st July 2010, 06:04 PM   #269
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Miragememories View Post

MM
Bare assertion fallacy.

Argument from personal incredulity.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2010, 08:53 PM   #270
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Tanabear, the banned, banned and re-banned Last Child, Deep44 and RedIbis all take a hard turn into idiotsville in this old thread over their inability to grasp the subtle concept of "AND".

("Furi" wins the thread at post #18, IMO.)
Old 31st July 2010, 09:07 PM   #271
triforcharity
Banned

I think the "Realistice" (SP?) thread wins, hands down. Or anything posted by Stundie!
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2010, 09:15 PM   #272
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by triforcharity View Post
I think the "Realistice" (SP?) thread wins, hands down. Or anything posted by Stundie!
I think Jammy's unending no-planer rant in in class by itself..
Old 31st July 2010, 10:11 PM   #273
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Which appears to be turning "realistice" on its own.
Old 31st July 2010, 10:14 PM   #274
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

What a strange thread...
Old 31st July 2010, 10:34 PM   #275
Tinfoil Hater
Graduate Poster

This is my answer to Truthers everywhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Old 1st August 2010, 04:32 PM   #276
triforcharity
Banned

Oh yeah, this is very true. It's a whole different kind of retarded.

Did you ever get to experience P'doh? He was quite amusing.....
triforcharity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2010, 05:25 AM   #277
Obviousman
Muse

Unca Fetz can't even admit he is wrong about the Payne Stewart "20 minute intercept" nonsense. The best he can do is say that although the weight of evidence 'suggests' his memory is faulty, and that he finds it peculiar!

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/in...dpost&p=199896

Little White Lies.......
Old 6th August 2010, 05:55 AM   #278
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

I actually don't want this thread to stop. It's too much fun!

Just found another one:

"you can blab on about what truthers dont want to discuss, then tell me how gravity vaporizes half a steel building? And dont say it didnt vaporize because its obvious micro fine particals covered manhatten like a *********** volcano went off, and face it there was no large section of building left, the should of been WHOLE Floors left if it was gravity, THATS THE ONE THING YOU CLOWNS CANT EXPLAIN and is the only reason i know it was A NUCLEARS DEMO, please dont complain about radiation you ignat"

Yup! The building vapoized and there were no large pices found! Everything at Fresh Kills was simply a holographic image and everyone around GZ apparently died from radiation poisoning!

Oh wait! He added this:

"I never said it didnt give off any radiation just not that much"

I love stupid truthers who make things up on the fly! They make me smile!

Last edited by cantonear1968; 6th August 2010 at 05:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 6th August 2010, 06:03 AM   #279
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

I actually don't want this thread to stop. It's too much fun!

Just found another one:

"you can blab on about what truthers dont want to discuss, then tell me how gravity vaporizes half a steel building? And dont say it didnt vaporize because its obvious micro fine particals covered manhatten like a *********** volcano went off, and face it there was no large section of building left, the should of been WHOLE Floors left if it was gravity, THATS THE ONE THING YOU CLOWNS CANT EXPLAIN and is the only reason i know it was A NUCLEARS DEMO, please dont complain about radiation you ignat"

Yup! The building vapoized and there were no large pices found! Everything at Fresh Kills was simply a holographic image and everyone around GZ apparently died from radiation poisoning!

Oh wait! He added this:

"I never said it didnt give off any radiation just not that much"

I love stupid truthers who make things up on the fly! They make me smile!
Something they never seem to be able to grasp is that high-energy explosions are nothing like what they show in the movies, with the slowly expanding, billowing balls of flame that the heroes can easily outrun. A true explosion has a shock wave that moves with frightening speed.

No amount of links to videos of real explosions can make them understand the difference.

ETA: This guy must have assumed they used one of the small nukes from "Starship Troopers". The heroes DID outrun the blast from one of those, and were protected by ducking around a corner!

Last edited by aggle-rithm; 6th August 2010 at 06:05 AM.
Old 6th August 2010, 06:43 AM   #280
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Something they never seem to be able to grasp is that high-energy explosions are nothing like what they show in the movies, with the slowly expanding, billowing balls of flame that the heroes can easily outrun. A true explosion has a shock wave that moves with frightening speed.

No amount of links to videos of real explosions can make them understand the difference.

ETA: This guy must have assumed they used one of the small nukes from "Starship Troopers". The heroes DID outrun the blast from one of those, and were protected by ducking around a corner!
I haven't engaged this guy myself yet, but I plan on asking him how a buildings can be "vaporized" yet do little damage to the buildings surrounding it. I mean, someone more versed than I in nuclear yields can give an accurate account of the damage from this, but I would have to guess that the energy required to "vaporize" a bulding would have to reduce to rubble most of Lower Manhattan!

These guys! They throw around terms with no understanding of their meaning. "Vaporize"!!?? As in, pass through a solid to a liquid to a gaseous state! And no damage to surrounding buildings! And how, exactly, does a nuclear device destroy a building top down!!??

And Gage is no better! Not nuclear but conventional explosives "pulverized" the concrete in mid air! Do they have absolutley no concept of the energy required to do this and what it does to the area around it? How does a blast wave reach the outer most part of the buildings and stop?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories