ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth

View Poll Results: When will the AE911 petition reach juggernaut strength of 1%?
20 years 2 0.93%
50 years 2 0.93%
Never 79 36.57%
Who cares?….it's retarded anyway..... 133 61.57%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th April 2012, 08:59 AM   #201
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
...That's all. Oh, and abusing the voluneer effort of a handful disciples...
I haven't raised the quandary of that inner circle so far. Recall that the Gage outfit is really only Gage and his inner circle cronies. The people making up his thousands of signatures have essentially a one off minimal contact. Then the fan club of attendees - who are probably the same people or a lot of overlap with the petition signers.

But the inner circle of cronies must be aware of the scam which means that they are either intellectually or ethically limited. Deluded probably fits in there somehow.

...eco, I am not sure Iran is such a big problem for this political fringe. Enemy of my enemy etc.
Yes - my previous comments focused only on commercial pragmatism.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2012, 01:35 PM   #202
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

A fundraiser has ended today - time to check the stats at AE911twoof again:

Update at the end of the month:

1. Architects & Engineers

feb 28: 1671
mar 31: 1,678

2. Other Supporters:

feb 28: 14,439
mar 31: 14,555
4. Fundraiser "Eleven-City Canada Tour"

Mar 31: Raised $975 of the target $3,200 (30%), with 22 contributions ($44.32 per contribution, $34.82 per day). Started mar 03, ends apr 08. At this pace, with 8 days to go, they'll end up 61% short of their target.
A&E:
apr 08: 1,681
3 new in 8 days = 8.5% annual growth

apr 08: 14,585
30 new in 8 days = 9.9% annual growth

Fundraiser "Eleven-City Canada Tour"
Mar 31: Raised $975 of the target $3,200 (30%), with 22 contributions
Apr 08: Raised $1,255 of the target $3,200 (39%), with 278 contributions. Ended today, apr 08, after 36 days. That's $34.86 / day, and $44.82 / contributor.

For comparison:
  • Fundraiser "BFT Digital Distribution": mar 03 - mar 24, raised $41.86 per day, $58.60 per contributor
  • Fundraiser "Edit/Mktg AE911Truth DVDs" ca. dec 08 - feb 14, raised ca. $148 / day, $106.15 / contributor

I predict that the next fundraiser will have an even more modest target (<$2,500), and raise less than $30 / day, less thanb $40 / contributor.
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2012, 05:47 PM   #203
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Scott Sommers View Post
his dealings with NOI.
If you tried the bean pies, you would know about NOI truth.

I predict that the next fundraiser will have an even more modest target (<$2,500), and raise less than $30 / day, less thanb $40 / contributor.
Beats working, I guess.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2012, 06:08 PM   #204
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
If you tried the bean pies, you would know about NOI truth.

Beats working, I guess.
Just a thought.
Instead of selling pies and papers why don't NoI and Jehovah Witnesses take all those nonpaid street volunteers and start a business with no labor costs. The profits would be huge.
There's a disconnect between producing something of consumer value and religion.

Why doesn't AE911T take the 400K per year and the many volunteer engineers and produce something of engineering value. There's a disconnect between producing something of engineering value and religion.
AE911T produces Gage income not engineering value.
It's not about producing something of engineering value, it's about producing religious self-satisfaction.
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.

Last edited by BasqueArch; 8th April 2012 at 06:24 PM.
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2012, 01:27 AM   #205
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
$30 to $40 a day isn't going to keep Richard in food, let alone tours.

Old 15th April 2012, 03:27 PM   #206
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Halfway through the month of april, a quick mini-update:

A&E: 1,684 - 6 new in 15 day (0.4/day)
Others: 14,607 - 52 new in 15 days (3.47/day)

Professionals so far doong twice as well as last months

Last edited by Oystein; 15th April 2012 at 03:29 PM.
Oystein is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2012, 04:46 PM   #207
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

Love your perseverance Oystein

Keep up the good work.
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2012, 02:59 AM   #208
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

A fundraiser has ended today ...

Fundraiser "Eleven-City Canada Tour"
Mar 31: Raised $975 of the target $3,200 (30%), with 22 contributions
Apr 08: Raised $1,255 of the target $3,200 (39%), with 278 contributions. Ended today, apr 08, after 36 days. That's $34.86 / day, and $44.82 / contributor.

For comparison:
  • Fundraiser "BFT Digital Distribution": mar 03 - mar 24, raised $41.86 per day, $58.60 per contributor
  • Fundraiser "Edit/Mktg AE911Truth DVDs" ca. dec 08 - feb 14, raised ca. $148 / day, $106.15 / contributor

Ah a new fundraiser is on the starting page of ae911twoof:
http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/5e2c34580aa60847
  • Fundraiser "ESO Fnl Ed World Premiere": apr 24 - may 24, raised $200 so far (2 contributors) towards a goal of US$ 8,400 to "Fund mktg/venue costs for multi-city cross-country tour for the final edition"
Sooo I was wrong with my first prediction
They want to raise $8,400 in 30 days or $280/day. I say the'll not even make $1,000.

And while we are at it, just for the kicks:
Halfway through the month of april, a quick mini-update:

[apr 15]
A&E: 1,684 - 6 new in 15 day (0.4/day)
Others: 14,607 - 52 new in 15 days (3.47/day)

Professionals so far doong twice as well as last months
apr 26
A&E: 1,683 - 1 lost in 11 days (-0.09/day)!
Others: 14,639 - 32 new in 11 days (2.9/day)

Both figures are on a pace to set a new record for lowest growth rate over the course of the calender month. After the last month (march) already broke both records with clear margins, I didn't expect to see 2 new records this month - there has always been some short-term up and down despite the overall downward trend - but it seems possible now that they are even losing professional signatures over a substantial number of days.
Old 26th April 2012, 03:26 AM   #209
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

As the resident expert on AE9/11T funding, do you have any opinions on this?
Originally Posted by cantonear1968 View Post
I just wanted to add something that I don't believe has been mentioned here, and that is the option on AE911T's website for an automatic monthly donation charged to a person's credit card. This may get more into the psychology of trutherism that you are interested in, Scott. Looking at the numbers, it would only take 100 donors at $50 to raise $5000/month; a small amount for someone wishing to support "The Cause". 250 donors is $12,500/month. There could be some, a handful, who could donate much more; $100....$250 per month as their contribution. In the heyday of "Inside Job" fanaticism I could easily see quite a number of people signing up for these monthly donations.

And then we get into the psychology of someone wishing to discontinue these donations; would that be an admission on their part of the failure of trutherism, ie. their own time wasted? This may be a hard hurdle for someone to overcome. Also, it raises the question of how one would actually get these donations stopped; can you simply call visa or would you have to request AE911T to stop processing the donation? If the latter, for some, that may be a very hard phone call to make. And for those that can bring themselves to make the request, I'm sure AE911T have a very good deflection plan in place to talk people out of this. A lot could be played on the minds of these people about "how close we are to exposing the truth!".

So, like you Scott, I very much thought that AE911T was on the financial decline. Their special projects fundraising are good evidence of this. That's why I was so shocked to learn of their $400K in donations through 2010. I just didn't see the evidence of people continuing their support of this organization, and these monthly donations may be the answer. I think 2011, which will hopefully be filed in a few months, and 2012 will be very telling of the survivability of Gage and AE911T. We already see them branching into other areas and I don't think shilling for Iran is any crazier than appealing to The Nation of Islam!
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2012, 03:33 AM   #210
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

Another fund raiser? Really? My goodness Gage is really trying to squeeze all he can before his followers abandon him..

apr 26
HA!

Needed something to cheer me up. Wow. I wonder what Gage would say..

Again, great work Oystein.
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2012, 06:02 AM   #211
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

As the resident expert on AE9/11T funding, do you have any opinions on this?
My reply is over there

Originally Posted by cjnewson88 View Post
Another fund raiser? Really? My goodness Gage is really trying to squeeze all he can before his followers abandon him..
Yep. I am out on a limb with my prediction of further declining returns on these fundraisers, after having tracked only 3, which is far from a valid statistical basis, but in conjunction with some reasonable assumptions like a positive correlation between new signers and new funds, and a waning of effectiveness of milking the cow that's already failing targets, I feel rather safe.

HA!

Needed something to cheer me up. Wow. I wonder what Gage would say..

Again, great work Oystein.
It's not the first time that a signer has been taken off of the list. For example, in April 2011 they had 279 Professional Engineers. By February 2012, ca. 30 new ones had signed up, but a handful (around 5) were dropped. It's also not the first time they haven't had any new A&E signatures over a course of more than 10 days. This could simply reflect a temporary inaction of Gage's backoffice which checks signatures before they are added to the number and published.

Remember Brian Romanoff, who used to be in charge of managing the list and verifying licenses, has left them, and perhaps whoever does hos job now just didn't get around to checking licenses for a week.

Remember also that sometime last year I filled out their petition form where I clearly stated that I did not support it and only tested whether they actually check newbees, and it took a while (weeks) until I got a friendly reply from Brian that I was rejected.
Old 27th April 2012, 12:20 AM   #212
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

• Fundraiser "ESO Fnl Ed World Premiere": apr 24 - may 24, raised $200 so far (2 contributors) towards a goal of US$ 8,400 to "Fund mktg/venue costs for multi-city cross-country tour for the final edition"
apr 26
Others: 14,639 - 32 new in 11 days (2.9/day)
A day later, apr 27, I am smiling:

Fundraiser: raised $309.11 so far (3 contributors) - so one single contrib was $109.11. Oooh the symbolism! Pathetic

A&E: 1,682 - 1 more lost in 1 days
Others: 14,641 - 2 new in 1 day
Old 27th April 2012, 01:19 AM   #213
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Fundraiser: raised $309.11 so far (3 contributors) - so one single contrib was $109.11. Oooh the symbolism! Pathetic

Also, it appears as if someone is keeping a tally in the absence of Brian Romanoff, since the list of names is being edited.
Old 27th April 2012, 01:48 AM   #214
slowsmile
Critical Thinker

Meanwhile over at AE911truth they've prepared a letter for the believers to send out;

http://www.ae911truth.org/en/news-se...-it-today.html

which describes AE911 truth as "fast growing"

http://ae911truth.org/downloads/AE911Truth-Intro.pdf

And they describe Europe as a country...............
slowsmile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2012, 10:09 AM   #215
Allen773
Muse

argumentem ad 1 percentem
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th April 2012, 12:58 PM   #216
Nick Terry
Master Poster

I'm going to be a curmudgeon and predict that Gage will be able to make a bit of a living off this scam for a little while longer. That's because I was just reminded of figures regarding the Institute for Historical Review, which has been essentially a pure 'news feed' site since 2002, and is thus quite comparable in terms of 'output' to AE911Truth.

ae911truth.org currently has an Alexa ranking of 278,000. ihr.org has an Alexa ranking of about 440,000.

You can read the IRS990's for the IHR by downloading them from this blog. They indicate a steady decline in earnings for the IHR between 2005-2009. In 2005, there were $400,000 in donations; in 2009, $140,000.

The mystery, as with AE911Truth, is where the money is coming from. The IHR won a major settlement in the 1990s which ought to have meant it received up to $7 million in an inheritance, but it is really unclear whether this was ever paid over. So it's possible that the $1.2 million earned from 2005-2009 came from a carefully managed inheritance fund, but the steady decline isn't suggestive of lump sums being paid over in instalments.

The IHR also runs an extremely crappy online store selling books and videos, which earned it $230,000 from 2005-2009; they made a $7,000 loss (or invented one for accounting purposes) on selling $18,000 worth of merch in 2009. As with the Truth movement, the poor performance selling merch probably reflects the culture of Free that is endemic to web 2.0.

What makes the IHR rather comparable is it's now essentially a one man operation, like AE911Truth. Mark Weber is the IHR director, and he still pens crappy articles for his news site, does podcasts and appears on a small handful of radio shows. But the IHR has done next to nothing to promote Holocaust denial systematically in recent years, and simply maintains an archive of online books and articles, most of which can be read elsewhere.

The difference is that the IHR could branch out (into news commentary and routine anti-Zionist horsehockey) because its name isn't 100% inextricably linked with the Holocaust, whereas AE911Truth is. Rebranding isn't a realistic option for Gage.

Has anyone really broken down the most recent form 990 for AE911Truth? The impression I'm getting is that they are 'selling' quite a lot, somehow, somewhere, but the sales appear to disappear when you look at other pages.

Everytime one asks you holocaust deniers for positive evidence you just put your finger in the ears, dance around and sing lalala - Kevin Silbstedt

Last edited by Nick Terry; 28th April 2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: scam with an s
Nick Terry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2012, 02:49 AM   #217
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Interesting post, Nick! What you describe there as IHR as trickling out without completely dying is quite what I would expect for Gage. It may remain a source of supplementary income for a while to come, but I predict he won't be able to live off of it beyond the end of this year.
Has Mark Weber ever made a living from IHR? What's he doing today to pay his bills?
(Actually, I predict that Gage will "close shop" in 2013. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean closing of the website. A website is cheap to maintain. Maybe I should clarify this as "will stop to produce new sales items and to tour to promote them").

I have looked at the items of Gage's 990, but found it difficult and speculative to parse.
Old 30th April 2012, 03:28 AM   #218
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Update at the end of the month:

1. Architects & Engineers

apr 30: 1,683
5 signatures in 30 days, which is 1 new A&E professional convinced by every one of the already existing A&E once every 27.1 years. This rate is very close now to the rate at which architecture and engineering graduates enter (and leave) the work force, assuming an average professional career lasts something like 35 years. That's nearly a stall then.
The exponential growth rate of 3.69% is the worst value for a single month on record yet for ae911t. To compare to recent months, as far as I have data:

Apr 2012: 3.69% (mar 31 - apr 30)
Mar 2012: 4.89% (feb 28 - mar 31)
Feb 2012: 8.37% (jan 29 - feb 28)
Jan 2012: 12.17% (jan 04 - jan 29)
Dec 2011: 6.97% (dec 02 - jan 04)
Nov 2011: 6.07% (oct 25 - dec 02)
Oct 2011: 22.38% (sep 27 - oct 25)
All the time before that, growth rate 20% and more.

2. Other Supporters:

apr 30: 14,643
88 new signatures in 30 days, which is 1 new Other Supporter convinced by every one of the already existing OS once every 13.1 years
The exponential growth rate of 7.61% is the worst value for a single month on record yet for ae911t. To compare to recent months, as far as I have data:

Apr 2012: 7.61% (mar 31 - apr 30)
Mar 2012: 9.56% (feb 28 - mar 31))
Feb 2012: 13.65% (jan 29 - feb 28)
Jan 2012: 11.84% (jan 04 - jan 29)
Dec 2011: 16.47% (dec 02 - jan 04)
Nov 2011: 30.22% (oct 25 - dec 02)
Oct 2011: 34.28% (sep 27 - oct 25)

3. Fundraiser "ESO Fnl Ed World Premiere"

Apr 30: Raised $534.11 of the target $8,400 (6%), with 7 contributions ($76.30 per contribution, $89.02 per day). Started apr 24 , ends may 24. At this pace, with 24 days to go, they'll end up 68% short of their target.

The last fundraisers attracted less than $50 per day in donations. So this one has started relatively well, despite being on pace to yet another clearly failed target.
Old 30th April 2012, 04:00 AM   #219
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

I wonder if someone was to contact all the A&E who signed the petition and asked them if their position still stands, how many would remove themselves from the list..
Old 30th April 2012, 04:30 AM   #220
ref
Master Poster

http://www.ae911truth.org/en/news-se...an-impact.html

No need for commentary.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th April 2012, 05:05 AM   #221
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder if someone was to contact all the A&E who signed the petition and asked them if their position still stands, how many would remove themselves from the list..
3 years ago already, when they had only yet 550 or so signatures, someone apparently phoned like a dozend signers and recorded the conversations. It seems these people really ARE mostly nutbags. Also, since it is unlikely that many of them have gone to any length at all to educate themselves objectively on the subject since sincing up, I wouldn't expect many to have changed their minds.

Originally Posted by ref View Post
Correct. A-ma-zing! And he (I'd guess Justin Keogh?) apparently doesn't even get all the irony!
How can someone in 2012 still mention Luke Rudkowski like he's one of the good guys?? Didn't Luke run away with the WAC money and has all but abandonded the twoof?
Old 30th April 2012, 05:35 AM   #222
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

By the way, the full stats for the Canada tour are in:
http://www.ae911truth.org/en/news-se...tour-2012.html

Not sure if the Moncton, NB, gig was cancelled or if numbers are just unavailable.

In total, they had 955 visitors in 12 stops, 80% of whom (759) already believed in CD before the show.
Averages per show:

Attendees79.6100%
OCT before2.32.8%
CD before63.379.5%
undecided before14.117.7%
net converted to CD11.314.1%

This over the course of 2 weeks. In this time, Gage may have payed himself a salary of ca. $250 per gig (2/52th of an annual $80,000, distributed on 12 shows). He incurred further daily expenses just for himself on the order of
$100: hotel
$40: modest dining
$150: rent for locations
$100: gas or plane ticket

So each show cost something like US$ 640, and it bought him on average 11 converts - over $55 per convert.
They had a fundraiser for this tour which raised $1255 or $9.30 per convertee - they had asked for $3200.

Since the day after the road trip ended, april 8th (22 days ago), only 4 architects or engineers signed the petition, and 2 were deleted for a net gain of 2, the worst showing they have ever had. Also, 58 "other supporters" signed - 2.6 per day in that category is also the worst showing they have ever had.

The total measurable impact of that highly publicised promotion tour is lousy. They talk as if they are making world history, but in reality they are preaching to a very small choir of the already faithful and fail to convince any significant number of people into doing more than raise a hand.
Old 30th April 2012, 10:22 AM   #223
Nick Terry
Master Poster

Interesting post, Nick! What you describe there as IHR as trickling out without completely dying is quite what I would expect for Gage. It may remain a source of supplementary income for a while to come, but I predict he won't be able to live off of it beyond the end of this year.
Has Mark Weber ever made a living from IHR? What's he doing today to pay his bills?
(Actually, I predict that Gage will "close shop" in 2013. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean closing of the website. A website is cheap to maintain. Maybe I should clarify this as "will stop to produce new sales items and to tour to promote them").

I have looked at the items of Gage's 990, but found it difficult and speculative to parse.
Predictions of AE911T 'closing shop' in 2013 seem premature. I would however expect that there will be fewer tours since they will become uneconomical. However, what is not clear is whether the 800 or so Truthers who attended the shows bought merchandise and if so, how much. Or if they then ordered merchandise from the website.

Gage offers a wide variety of DVDs, CDs, books, t-shirts and other crap for sale. The production costs are offset in the accounts, one sees them show up in the 990s along with IT costs (= web hosting and other IT requirements).

What one also notices with the IHR is the value of merchandise can be offset as an asset; the IHR has listed $100,000 worth of merchandise and good as assets separate from property, which means, copies of their DVDs, books etc. The costs of manufacturing were paid for long ago; they now need only be housed in a not very big stock room and mailed out when purchased.

Thus, one sees on the 2010 AE911T 990 a significant rise in assets from $16,000 to $100,000 in that FY. But this shows up as 'cash' - $94,000 - on the assets page, whereas inventories are not listed at all. Which is strange

Sales of material netted $145,000 in FY2010, or $119,000 if one ignores 'program revenue' and 'reimbursmenets'. Costs of sales production, plus postage, plus credit card merchant fees, virtually equaled sales revenue.

This is odd, because I would expect these guys to burn 100 or 1000 DVDs in one go or get them burned in batches, waiting to be sold. Current prices charge sometimes $15 to sell a DVD from the AE911T store, and they sell DRG books for $20 (after buying them from the publisher, one assumes).

So sales of $119,000 would equal about 8,000 DVDs or 6,000 DRG books or 4,000 DVDs and 3,000 DRG books; or 4,000 DVDs, 1500 DRG books and 1500 t-shirts.

I mean, they did sell something, according to their accounts, in FY2010.

One other thing: as a 501c, donations to AE911T are tax-deductible.
http://www.ae911truth.org/home/68-co...e911truth.html

And let's put it another way: a total of 16,326 people have signed petitions for AE911T, which compared to total income of $434,000 in FY2010, means an average of $26 per supporter for that year. Not so much, actually...

Now, that will not be shared evenly among all 16,000 people, because of drop-out rates, which means that there must be supporters who buy merchandise and also donate, to a higher level.

There was a ratio of about 1: 2 for merchandise to donations.

Everytime one asks you holocaust deniers for positive evidence you just put your finger in the ears, dance around and sing lalala - Kevin Silbstedt
Nick Terry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:16 AM   #224
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Those advertisements for their fundraisers really are advertisement for funding for advertisement to sell marketing items to raise funding for yet more marketing activity.

That's all they are reduced to these days: Advertisement for advertisement for advertisement. No product. No goal beyond mere marketing.

Look at the pathetic language with which they praise their advertisement wares (from today's frontpage of ae911t.org):
Quote:
The timeless documentary that exploded onto the 9/11 Truth scene in 2007 to expose the truth about the WTC skyscraper demolitions is finally available for download and viewing online in nine languages. ... you now have an excellent opportunity to share the scientific forensic evidence of the destruction of the three WTC skyscrapers on 9/11 with your community and watch AE911Truth’s groundbreaking presentation in your native language. ... AE911Truth Founder Richard Gage, AIA, recently completed a very successful cross-Canada tour ... The unprecedented two-week tour started on March 24 in Vancouver and ended on April 7 in Montreal. It was organized by volunteers all across the country and led by James MacDonald, David Long and others, with support from lead AE911Truth coordinator Wayne Coste. The tour was done to support the strategic campaign by 9/11 Justice Canada ... A new and remarkably effective AE911Truth letter is ready for your use to introduce the most compelling evidence of the WTC controlled demolition to VIPs, associates and friends. It is now available for download in .PDF format as well as .doc format on our website. Signed by AE911Truth founder Richard Gage, AIA, this letter concisely presents the key facts in a compelling short-form manner. This is one of the best tools to enlighten anyone who hasn’t yet been exposed to the evidence.
Those big words of self-praise get lame quickly, don't they?
Old 2nd May 2012, 01:14 AM   #225
ref
Master Poster

A new and remarkably effective AE911Truth letter is ready for your use to introduce the most compelling evidence of the WTC controlled demolition to VIPs, associates and friends. It is now available for download in .PDF format as well as .doc format on our website. Signed by AE911Truth founder Richard Gage, AIA, this letter concisely presents the key facts in a compelling short-form manner. This is one of the best tools to enlighten anyone who hasn’t yet been exposed to the evidence.
One factoid regarding that topic.

Their "letter of most compelling evidence" spam is nothing new. They have done it all before. I covered a similar spam effort back in 2008.

The link to the letter in that thread leads to the new 2012 letter, but below I have an archived link that leads to the old original letter.

You can compare the 2012 letter:
http://www.ae911truth.org/downloads/...ruth-Intro.pdf

and the original letter:
http://web.archive.org/web/200901172...nce_letter.pdf

... to see that they are exactly the same, they have only made some modifications to the letter they wrote 4 years ago. They are using the same tactics, nothing new. They use the same video from back in 2007, they only translate it to other languages, and make shorter copies of the same video. It's all about recycling, because they have had nothing new, ever.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2012, 01:35 AM   #226
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Originally Posted by ref View Post
I can't help but comment.

He's spoken alongside UFO nutters, Grand High Anti-Vaxxer Andrew Wakefield, and Farrakhan. This is pretty much a step up... from the bottom of a very deep pit of ill-repute.

What's next? Speaking at prisons?
Old 2nd May 2012, 03:09 AM   #227
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post

He's spoken alongside UFO nutters, Grand High Anti-Vaxxer Andrew Wakefield, and Farrakhan. This is pretty much a step up... from the bottom of a very deep pit of ill-repute.

Funny you should say this...Craig Fitzgerald, the main name one used to hear in We Are Change - New York, has said in an interview that he first heard about the New World Order and what's really going in while he was in prison. I don't know what it was for, but a noticeable number of Truther boys seem to have done time for drug-related offenses or even public mischief sorts of things, like fighting or public drunkenness.
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd May 2012, 03:17 AM   #228
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

The first group are in ill repute for believing irrational woo.

Prisoners are a whole nuther category. There's certainly something that went wrong in their lives, but irrational believes are not the common denominator. It can be argued that some criminal behaviour is highly rational.
Old 2nd May 2012, 03:29 AM   #229
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Funny you should say this...Craig Fitzgerald, the main name one used to hear in We Are Change - New York, has said in an interview that he first heard about the New World Order and what's really going in while he was in prison. I don't know what it was for, but a noticeable number of Truther boys seem to have done time for drug-related offenses or even public mischief sorts of things, like fighting or public drunkenness.
Yep, plus do a tag search for "truther violence".

The first group are in ill repute for believing irrational woo.

Prisoners are a whole nuther category. There's certainly something that went wrong in their lives, but irrational believes are not the common denominator. It can be argued that some criminal behaviour is highly rational.
Yes, some. Speaking at prisons is on a par with speaking at churches when it comes to logic. He's already scraped the bottom of the barrel, unless he speaks to Holocaust deniers, so he's looking at dodgy audiences who may not be the dodgiest. As his new customers increasingly dwindle.
Old 3rd May 2012, 01:37 PM   #230
Lenbrazil
Muse

Does this look like the WAC jobber?

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Sout...erald/details/

OR one of these?

http://mugshots.com/search.html?x=16...aig+Fitzgerald
http://www.arrestcentral.com/craig-f...ald-talley-jr/

Last edited by Lenbrazil; 3rd May 2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: typo
Lenbrazil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2012, 10:24 AM   #231
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

For some reason I never thought of running ae911truth.org through the way-back machine, but I did today, extracting historical signature numbers for most months since may 2007.

And made new graphics:

A) Architects and engineers:

A1) Number of signatures, month by month

A2) Linear growth rate (new signatures per 100 days), quarter by quarter (the average for each quarter is plotted at the end of the period)

A3) Exponential annual growth rate, quarter by quarter (the average for each quarter is plotted at the end of the period)

A4) Growth rates year by year (from june to may)

B) Other Supporters:

B1) Number of signatures, month by month

B2) Linear growth rate (new signatures per 100 days), quarter by quarter (the average for each quarter is plotted at the end of the period)

B3) Exponential annual growth rate, quarter by quarter (the average for each quarter is plotted at the end of the period)

B4) Growth rates year by year (from june to may)

As I had expected, their strongest period was from mid-2009 to the first quarter of 2010, and since the last quarte of 2011 they are reaching for ever newer lows. The 1600+ they have had since last september convince fewer peers each month than the 230 they had at the end of 2007. This development is much worse among the professionals than among the amateurs. Very telling!

For all who want to play with data, here are the raw numbers:

DateA&EOthers
05/30/20078338
06/26/200710788
07/30/2007138309
08/20/2007140309
09/29/2007185474
10/31/2007207502
11/28/2007220546
12/25/2007231609
01/24/2008244809
02/23/2008277998
03/31/20083011217
04/27/20083161340
05/25/20083831481
06/24/20084001631
08/28/20084392249
09/28/20084862505
10/30/20085212685
11/27/20085392851
12/25/20085573000
01/31/20095673204
02/28/20096143158
03/31/20096263360
04/28/20096423565
05/25/20096613605
06/24/20097103845
10/3/20098994999
11/3/20099525387
12/2/20099725457
12/26/20099855897
01/29/201010206331
02/26/201010656985
03/31/201011497728
07/1/201012188776
08/3/201012368910
08/30/201012709165
10/5/201013299951
10/30/2010134610145
11/28/2010137310331
12/31/2010140210730
01/29/2011142511172
02/28/2011145111359
03/31/2011147411538
04/30/2011149211839
05/31/2011150312169
06/30/2011151712394
07/18/2011152112479
09/27/2011160213302
10/25/2011162713606
12/2/2011163713985
01/4/2012164714179
01/29/2012166014288
02/28/2012167114439
03/31/2012167814555
04/30/2012168314643
Old 5th May 2012, 05:21 PM   #232
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Lovely graphs, Oystein!

They show A&E911T's decline in full colour.
Old 5th May 2012, 05:32 PM   #233
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Another telling graph is from Alexa

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/ae911truth.org

Maximum history search:

Past 6 months:

The "truth movement" is growing!

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 5th May 2012 at 05:34 PM.
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2012, 05:45 PM   #234
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Nice, DGM.

I was just Googling the value of ae911truth.org and found this:

http://www.websitelooker.com/search....ae911truth.org

Quote:
Statistics Summary for ae911truth.org Ae911truth.org's three-month global Alexa traffic rank is 77,601. Compared with all internet users, the site's audience tends to be users who browse from home; they are also disproportionately less affluent men over the age of 35 who are not college graduates. Visitors to this site view an average of 2.3 unique pages per day. While we estimate that 44% of Ae911truth.org's visitors are in the US, where it is ranked #17,667, it is also popular in Denmark, where it is ranked #6,242. Search engines refer approximately 19% of visits to the site.
Old 5th May 2012, 05:48 PM   #235
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Not that the coffin needs another nail:

Page views:

Estimated daily unique pageviews per user for ae911truth.org:
Pageviews/User Change
1 month 1.7 -20%
3 month 1.9 -4%

Basically, new viewers are not reading more than a page or (in some instances) two.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2012, 05:58 PM   #236
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Nice, DGM.

I was just Googling the value of ae911truth.org and found this:

http://www.websitelooker.com/search....ae911truth.org
It's worse than that, After updating the data for that page:

Quote:
Statistics Summary for ae911truth.org Ae911truth.org's three-month global Alexa traffic rank is 261,958. Compared with all internet users, the site's audience tends to be between the ages of 45 and 65; they are also disproportionately less affluent, childless men browsing from home and school who are not college graduates. Visitors to this site view an average of 1.9 unique pages per day. While we estimate that 57% of Ae911truth.org's visitors are in the US, where it is ranked #79,969, it is also popular in Canada, where it is ranked #78,288. Search engines refer approximately 10% of visits to the site.
http://www.websitelooker.com/www/ae911truth.org

Can you say "free fall speed"?

Last edited by DGM; 5th May 2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 5th May 2012, 06:24 PM   #237
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Another telling graph is from Alexa

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/ae911truth.org

Maximum history search:

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/...mwood/max1.png

Past 6 months:

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/...mwood/max2.png

The "truth movement" is growing!

At an inverse relation with time.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th May 2012, 09:57 PM   #238
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Hehe all very interesting!

But I read at another board the other day that the same demographics (less educated single males) sometimes show for randi.org...
Old 5th May 2012, 10:59 PM   #239
Orphia Nay
Tagger

Hehe all very interesting!

But I read at another board the other day that the same demographics (less educated single males) sometimes show for randi.org...
Nothing about that at this site both before and after an update.

Quote:
Statistics Summary for randi.org There are 38,314 sites with a better three-month global Alexa traffic rank than Randi.org. The site's visitors view 3.9 unique pages each day on average. The site has been online for at least sixteen years. Randi.org is relatively popular among users in the city of Uppsala (where it is ranked #425). The site is located in the US.
http://www.websitelooker.com/search.php?site=randi.org
Old 5th May 2012, 11:05 PM   #240
Orphia Nay
Tagger

This site says the average readers of randi.org are male, middle income, no kids, college graduates.

http://www.quantcast.com/randi.org

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories