ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11 truthers , Frank Legge , Journal of 9/11 Studies , obituaries

Old 29th October 2016, 12:46 PM   #1
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Frank Legge has died

Frank M. Legge has died on October 20, 2016 "after a long and stoic struggle with skin cancer":
Obituary

He was a 9/11 Truther who has frequently published on the "Journal of 9/11 Studies". While he contributed to the general bunk with CD nonsense and his co-authorship on the Harrit et al 2009 "Active Thermitic Material..." hoax, he co-authered a few pieces that debunked the Pentagon no-plane silliness.

Too bad - he had once admitted that "of course" there are paint chips among the red/gray chips. I had thought of trying to contact him again and ask how he would distingish the paint chips from "thermitic" chips.
Old 29th October 2016, 01:16 PM   #2
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
".. he had once admitted that "of course" there are paint chips among the red/gray chips.."
Stating the obvious was an "admission"?
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2016, 01:25 PM   #3
kameelyun
Scholar

We at Truth and Shadows are flattered to know Oystein daily (hourly?) lurks there, where I made the announcement.

Last edited by kameelyun; 29th October 2016 at 02:05 PM.
kameelyun is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2016, 01:50 PM   #4
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Criteria View Post
Stating the obvious was an "admission"?
Let's please not start another thermite chip discussion in an unrelated thread when there are several others to choose from. Oystein's comment was for reference, not debate.

My limited knowledge on Frank Legge was that he was a true truther: someone who had questions, probably even conclusions, but would not ignore inconvenient facts or make up/spin data to fit his agenda. In the same vein as Gregory Ulrich. I'm sure others. Even forum member JSanderO could be described as such.

I offer my condolences for his passing.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2016, 02:44 PM   #5
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kameelyun View Post
We at Truth and Shadows are flattered to know Oystein daily (hourly?) lurks there, where I made the announcement.
Twice a week, roughly. Hi!

Kevin Ryan wrote an obituary about 10 hours ago on his digwithin blog.

ETA: You caught my announcement here much faster than I found yours there. Who is lurking harder?

Last edited by Oystein; 29th October 2016 at 02:51 PM.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2016, 08:57 PM   #6
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Sad to see someone capable of using physics/science die before he was able to debunk all 9/11 truth idiotic claims. He debunked the no-plane nuts and the nuts thinking the lampposts were planted. Frank Legge used science to debunk the NoC, and the fools who has no clue all the witnesses supported the south flight path, as depicted in the FDR, and Radar data. Frank Legge debunked the idiots who think the lampposts were staged, an insane claim.

RIP
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2016, 10:56 PM   #7
kameelyun
Scholar

ETA: You caught my announcement here much faster than I found yours there. Who is lurking harder?
We're both faster than 911blogger
kameelyun is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2017, 02:27 AM   #8
BCR
Master Poster

Sorry to hear the news. Lost touch with Frank after my "retirement", so thanks for the info.
Old 7th March 2017, 12:12 AM   #9
Playing Games
Thinker

Are you stalking those poor truthers again?
Playing Games is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories