IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd April 2017, 09:03 AM   #1881
Emily's Cat
Rarely prone to hissy-fits

Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
...and that paperboy is looking more like capitalist swine every day...
Clearly there's no bias on your part, hmm?
Old 3rd April 2017, 09:06 AM   #1882
Emily's Cat

Are you under the misconception that I support the rioters? No way. But I support truth, warts and all. People see what happened in Orange County and assume it is the bad old anarchists being evil. They don't see the reporting that is right in front of their eyes, that the marchers were unabashedly aggressive. Pretty soon, it becomes any protest is 'those bad old anarchists' again...gently sliding towards 'those bad old Leftists' again. The goodthink scares me more than any anarchist.
Given that in this and other threads, you've taken the position that you find preemptive violence against certain beliefs to be acceptable, and believe it should be sufficient to excuse some of those violent actors from the law, yes, I am under the impression that you support the rioters.

In regards to your now repeated "goodthink" comments... you seem to be willfully overlooking that fact that some people are using violence and aggression in an attempt to control beliefs - they're trying to intimidate other people into not thinking things that they (the intimidators) have deemed unacceptable thoughts. Maybe you should go back and review the basis of "goodthink" before you bury yourself in an argument that doesn't support you.

Last edited by Emily's Cat; 3rd April 2017 at 09:08 AM.
Emily's Cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:57 AM   #1883
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post
I'm pretty sure that was meant tongue-in-cheek.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2017, 04:22 PM   #1884
caveman1917
Philosopher

Piling all sorts of empty rhetorical appeals to emotion on top of antisocial behavior doesn't justify it.
feel free to defend these accusations of "antisocial" without empty rhetorical appeals to emotion.
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2017, 04:23 PM   #1885
caveman1917
Philosopher

they're trying to intimidate other people into not thinking things that they (the intimidators) have deemed unacceptable thoughts.
Really? That's amazing, I eagerly await your evidence for this.
caveman1917 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2017, 07:50 PM   #1886
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Piling all sorts of empty rhetorical appeals to emotion on top of antisocial behavior doesn't justify it.
What exactly was the empty rhetoric, appeal to emotion, or antisocial behavior of the Orange county protesters? According to reports linked upthread, ten or twelve protesters formed the Wall of DoomTM and were promptly shoved out of the way (assaulted and battered) by the pro-Trump marchers. Another pro-Trump marcher attacked a journalist and a protestor sprayed him with pepper spray to defend against his violence. I guess you mean the pro-Trump marchers' empty rhetoric and antisocial behavior?
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2017, 07:58 PM   #1887
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, you pro-underage-independent-contractor advocates are all the same. Can't you see the insidious nature of these adolescent bourgeoisie? Hurling their Lugenpresse propaganda on the porch everyday like a Molotov? I would have taken mine out long ago if not that the vile little creature of the night gets up before me. One day, capitalist swine...one day...
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th April 2017, 08:10 PM   #1888
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Given that in this and other threads, you've taken the position that you find preemptive violence against certain beliefs to be acceptable, and believe it should be sufficient to excuse some of those violent actors from the law, yes, I am under the impression that you support the rioters.
Then you have forgotten to read this and other threads.

Quote:
In regards to your now repeated "goodthink" comments... you seem to be willfully overlooking that fact that some people are using violence and aggression in an attempt to control beliefs - they're trying to intimidate other people into not thinking things that they (the intimidators) have deemed unacceptable thoughts. Maybe you should go back and review the basis of "goodthink" before you bury yourself in an argument that doesn't support you.
Bravo, you are absolutely right. The pro-Trump marchers indeed used violence and aggression to intimidate and try to control the thoughts of the protesters. You amassed insight on that one like a greedy, entrepreneurial paperboy hoarding his untaxed tips.
Old 5th April 2017, 08:36 AM   #1889
Emily's Cat

What exactly was the empty rhetoric, appeal to emotion...
I was addressing your empty rhetoric and appeal to emotion. Specifically... "Goodthink", "advancing fascism", etc.
Old 5th April 2017, 12:44 PM   #1890
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
What an odd comment.... you just quoted my post saying they wanted to "physically" stop the march, and ask me where the "willingly" and "force" part comes into play?

What do you think "physically stop" something means?

What an odd series of posts this has been.
"Odd" is one way to put it.

Agreed. Using "force" would include deliberately blocking someones path whether you touch them or not. "Force" was mentioned as being part of the definition of battery, I believe. Deliberately block my path on the sidewalk and see how long it takes for me to push through you.

The "wall" people were looking for exactly what they got - a physical confrontation that they could try and exploit in the media. They are, once again, the agitators. They are the soccer players who roll on the ground after tripping over their own shoelaces, hoping for a penalty.

I guess I love banging my head against walls.

Last edited by mgidm86; 5th April 2017 at 12:47 PM.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2017, 02:09 PM   #1891
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Originally Posted by caveman1917 View Post
feel free to defend these accusations of "antisocial" without empty rhetorical appeals to emotion.
an·ti·so·cial

/ˌan(t)ēˈsōSHəl,ˌanˌtīˈsōSHəl/

adjective

adjective: antisocial; adjective: anti-social

1. Contrary to the laws and customs of society; devoid of or antagonistic to sociable instincts or practices.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2017, 09:59 PM   #1892
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
The "wall" people were looking for exactly what they got - a physical confrontation that they could try and exploit in the media. They are, once again, the agitators. They are the soccer players who roll on the ground after tripping over their own shoelaces, hoping for a penalty.
Indeed.

In what I'll call BlocTards Vs. TrumpTards: Huntington Beach Edition, You can clearly see who the instigators are. Should the TrumpTards have kept cooler heads and taken the high road? Sure, but They're TrumpTards who've been exposed the media hype and as such are ready to fight at the slightest provocation. Good thing the BlocTards didn't disappoint. In this pic we see a person who I'll call BlocTard #1, retaliating against a Trumptard after their wall was breached. This led to the first scuffle where the TrumpTard Event Organizer was pepper sprayed.

As the second scuffle starts to develop, we see BlocTard #2, pepper spray already in hand, moving into position.

Back to BlocTard #1 (center left with red garment in hand), having struck one TrumpTard, is ready to have a go at another, this time wisely picking one roughly twice her size.

Notice BlocTard #3 entering the frame at foreground left, pepper spray in hand. BlocTard #2 is still holding station in the background.

BlocTard #1 strikes the TrumpTard as BlocTard #3 (foreground) prepares to spray.

[/url]

Predictably, BlocTard #1 is knocked on her ass.

With BlocTard #1 on her ass and the TrumpTard moving off:

[/url]

And a second TrumpTard reigning in his colleague:

[/url]

BlocTards #2 and #3 strike.

No need to show the outcome, which we know has BlocTard #3 tackled and released while BlocTard #2 attempting an escape only to be clotheslined and subjected to a barrage of girly punches at the hands of another TrumpTard.

Preponderance of the evidence shows:

While it's true the TrumpTards did in fact push through the BlocTard wall and in doing so they very likely initiated hostilities, the record shows that the BlocTards acted in retaliation rather than in self defense. This is confirmed by the actions of BlocTard #1, who is seen as the aggressor at least twice during the incident. Additionally it is noted that BlocTards #2 and #3, who weren't physically engaged with any TrumpTard, used their pepper spray in retaliation for BlocTard #1 getting knocked on her ass. This I believe is an illegal use of pepper spray under California law.

OC authorities filed no charges, FWIW.

Verdict:

Everyone's a 'tard here, especially me for posting this **** like it'll make a flying **** of a difference.
Old 5th April 2017, 11:53 PM   #1893
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Indeed.

In what I'll call BlocTards Vs. TrumpTards: Huntington Beach Edition, You can clearly see who the instigators are. Should the TrumpTards have kept cooler heads and taken the high road? Sure, but They're TrumpTards who've been exposed the media hype and as such are ready to fight at the slightest provocation. Good thing the BlocTards didn't disappoint. In this pic we see a person who I'll call BlocTard #1, retaliating against a Trumptard after their wall was breached. This led to the first scuffle where the TrumpTard Event Organizer was pepper sprayed.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...BlocTard14.jpg

As the second scuffle starts to develop, we see BlocTard #2, pepper spray already in hand, moving into position.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...BlocTard13.jpg

Back to BlocTard #1 (center left with red garment in hand), having struck one TrumpTard, is ready to have a go at another, this time wisely picking one roughly twice her size.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/.../BlocTard2.jpg

Notice BlocTard #3 entering the frame at foreground left, pepper spray in hand. BlocTard #2 is still holding station in the background.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/.../BlocTard3.jpg

BlocTard #1 strikes the TrumpTard as BlocTard #3 (foreground) prepares to spray.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/.../BlocTard5.jpg[/url]

Predictably, BlocTard #1 is knocked on her ass.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/.../BlocTard8.jpg

With BlocTard #1 on her ass and the TrumpTard moving off:

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...BlocTard10.jpg[/url]

And a second TrumpTard reigning in his colleague:

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...BlocTard11.jpg[/url]

BlocTards #2 and #3 strike.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...BlocTard12.jpg

No need to show the outcome, which we know has BlocTard #3 tackled and released while BlocTard #2 attempting an escape only to be clotheslined and subjected to a barrage of girly punches at the hands of another TrumpTard.

Preponderance of the evidence shows:

While it's true the TrumpTards did in fact push through the BlocTard wall and in doing so they very likely initiated hostilities, the record shows that the BlocTards acted in retaliation rather than in self defense. This is confirmed by the actions of BlocTard #1, who is seen as the aggressor at least twice during the incident. Additionally it is noted that BlocTards #2 and #3, who weren't physically engaged with any TrumpTard, used their pepper spray in retaliation for BlocTard #1 getting knocked on her ass. This I believe is an illegal use of pepper spray under California law.

OC authorities filed no charges, FWIW.

Verdict:

Everyone's a 'tard here, especially me for posting this **** like it'll make a flying **** of a difference.
Do you have a link for the vid that you pulled the stills from? I found the first (ANTIFA rocked), but not the second. Your narrative contains quite a bit of info not pictured, for instance that the protesters were retaliating and that these events were related to the Wall of Doom (they took place at different times and places). From what I can see, the stills are from the immediate aftermath of the pro-Trump attack that ended in the pepper spraying.
Old 6th April 2017, 05:53 AM   #1894
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Do you have a link for the vid that you pulled the stills from? I found the first (ANTIFA rocked), but not the second. Your narrative contains quite a bit of info not pictured, for instance that the protesters were retaliating and that these events were related to the Wall of Doom (they took place at different times and places). From what I can see, the stills are from the immediate aftermath of the pro-Trump attack that ended in the pepper spraying.
Sure.

The grabs are from the video you link to in this post:

Another reporting from The Mercury News, regarding the Menacing Wall of Doom:

More confirmation that The Wall did happen...but was utterly inconsequential and apparently unrelated to the violence that the Trump supporters were filmed as delivering to the protesters...and photographers...and journalists...

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/03/2...o-trump-rally/
Which was a direct consequence and entirely related to the provocation by the BlocTard's attempt to interfere with the TrumpTard's rally. The Trumptards, their feeble little egos fueled up on media fed BS like the wannabe "anarchist" attack at UC Berkeley, were spoiling for a fight and the BlocTards willingly obliged simply by showing up.

Nobody can claim self defense here and there was aggression on both sides especially when we can see BlocTard #1 going out of her way to slap two people and the illegal use of pepper spray that followed in retaliation.

They're all a bunch of idiots.
Old 6th April 2017, 07:17 AM   #1895
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Sure.

The grabs are from the video you link to in this post:
Thanks, thought it might be but needed clarification to further comment.

Originally Posted by AJM8125
Which was a direct consequence and entirely related to the provocation by the BlocTard's attempt to interfere with the TrumpTard's rally. The Trumptards, their feeble little egos fueled up on media fed BS like the wannabe "anarchist" attack at UC Berkeley, were spoiling for a fight and the BlocTards willingly obliged simply by showing up.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...where did you get the hilited? The OCWeekly video clearly (and I mean clearly) captures the preceding events. The pro-Trump marcher (using your nomenclature, let's call him Trumptard 0) is filmed calmly walking up to a photographer and attacking him, then turning his attack on a protester, who could easily claim he was acting in defense of the photographer. The other Blocktards pepper spray, evidently in defense against the attacks of Trumptard 0.

This is important: nowhere in the reporting or videos is it claimed that this was retaliatory, and the full video and reporting consistently show defense against Trumptard 0.

You somehow claim it was in retaliation for The Menacing Wall of DoomTM. Reporting on the MWoD is, from Mercury:

Originally Posted by Mercury News
At one point, about 10 organizers stood across the bike path, creating a human wall to stop the march. The marchers either pushed through or walked around them.
Note that reporting does not say when or where the MWoD took place, or which Blocktards were involved, and certainly nothing about the retaliatory motivations your narrative relies on.

Are you relying on other reporting here that asserts that the Blocktards who made the MWoD are the same as the pepper sprayers, or even knew about the MWoD (plausibly another group and out of sight of the peppers), and most importantly, that they were motivated by retaliation as opposed to defense, as the OCWeekly video shows?

Nobody can claim self defense here and there was aggression on both sides especially when we can see BlocTard #1 going out of her way to slap two people and the illegal use of pepper spray that followed in retaliation.

They're all a bunch of idiots.
The peppers can absolutely claim justifiable defense of another, using Cali-legal spray. Yes, one Blocktard slapped a Trumptard, and I'm pretty sure there was some of that going around on both sides (after all, the opening battery may well have been the Trumptards shoving through the Blocktards). The use of pepper spray is in no sense illegal when used in defense of another, here defending against Trumptard 0.

Last edited by Thermal; 6th April 2017 at 07:19 AM.
Old 6th April 2017, 07:37 AM   #1896
Meadmaker

But it was informative.

And somewhat amusing.

A pox on both their houses.

Maybe it all would have worked out better if someone had just brought some Pepsi.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 08:40 AM   #1897
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Maybe it all would have worked out better if someone had just brought some Pepsi.
Are you crazy? Do you know how many people died in the last Cola War?
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 08:55 AM   #1898
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
Are you crazy? Do you know how many people died in the last Cola War?
On the fronts or in the Pepsico internment camps?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 09:00 AM   #1899
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
On the fronts or in the Pepsico internment camps?
Actually, more people died in the Royal Crown famine, but it didn't get much press, and there were so few survivors the memorials aren't big.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th April 2017, 04:58 PM   #1900
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Whoa, whoa, whoa...<snip>
Well if I'm wrong about it being related to the wall o' doom then I stand corrected but my point still stands and that is both sides are idiots.

The peppers can absolutely claim justifiable defense of another, using Cali-legal spray. Yes, one Blocktard slapped a Trumptard, and I'm pretty sure there was some of that going around on both sides (after all, the opening battery may well have been the Trumptards shoving through the Blocktards). The use of pepper spray is in no sense illegal when used in defense of another, here defending against Trumptard 0.
Sorry, no. In California you're allowed to use pepper spray ONLY for SELF defense. You're not allowed to use it in defense of others. The only legal use observed in the OC video was when BlocTard #2 was pinned down on the beach and being beaten by the Trumptard. Everything else was illegal and the BlocTards doing the spraying are lucky they weren't brought up on charges.
Old 6th April 2017, 06:29 PM   #1901
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Well if I'm wrong about it being related to the wall o' doom then I stand corrected but my point still stands and that is both sides are idiots.
Agreed, nitwits around. Especially, IIRC, Cali is a CCW state, and things could have gotten a whole lot more serious very quickly.

Sorry, no. In California you're allowed to use pepper spray ONLY for SELF defense. You're not allowed to use it in defense of others. The only legal use observed in the OC video was when BlocTard #2 was pinned down on the beach and being beaten by the Trumptard. Everything else was illegal and the BlocTards doing the spraying are lucky they weren't brought up on charges.
That's weird. Self-defense laws normally incorporate defense of others as well as the self. From the Los Angeles County Bar Association:

Originally Posted by LACBA
It is important that if you use tear gas or pepper spray, you use it lawfully, only when necessary for self-defense, or for the defense of another person.
How is defense of another excluded? Is it some kind of anti-vigilante provision?
Old 7th April 2017, 05:03 AM   #1902
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Forgot link for above reference to LAC Bar Assn:

https://www.smartlaw.org/index.cfm?f...03&PanelID=415
Old 7th April 2017, 07:01 AM   #1903
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Agreed, nitwits around. Especially, IIRC, Cali is a CCW state, and things could have gotten a whole lot more serious very quickly.
No. California is decidedly NOT a state where a CCL can be easily obtained. Rules for issue vary by county but the majority of them require the applicant to show "good cause" for the CCL. Self defense, for most counties, is not good cause. Some Rural counties will issue but for instance where I live ( San Francisco Bay Area) it's all but impossible.

That's weird. Self-defense laws normally incorporate defense of others as well as the self. From the Los Angeles County Bar Association:
The law in California is fairly straightforward. Penal Code 22810:

Quote:
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, any person may purchase, possess, or use tear gas or any tear gas weapon for the projection or release of tear gas if the tear gas or tear gas weapon is used solely for self-defense purposes, subject to the following requirements: <snip>

(g) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who uses tear gas or any tear gas weapon except in self-defense is guilty of a public offense and is punishable by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170 for 16 months, or two or three years or in a county jail not to exceed one year or by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment.
(2) If the use is against a peace officer, as defined in Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2, engaged in the performance of official duties and the person committing the offense knows or reasonably should know that the victim is a peace officer, the offense is punishable by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170 for 16 months or two or three years or by a fine of one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment.

How is defense of another excluded? Is it some kind of anti-vigilante provision?
Defense of another person must be within reason. Say you're walking on the beach with a companion and one of you is suddenly assaulted, it is reasonable to assume that the other other person is just as much danger as the one being attacked so yes, pepper spray may be used in an act of self defense with the added benefit of defending another person.

Say you're walking on the beach watching your friend slap TrumpTards?

You get the idea.
Old 7th April 2017, 08:39 AM   #1904
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

No. California is decidedly NOT a state where a CCL can be easily obtained. Rules for issue vary by county but the majority of them require the applicant to show "good cause" for the CCL. Self defense, for most counties, is not good cause. Some Rural counties will issue but for instance where I live ( San Francisco Bay Area) it's all but impossible.
I wouldn't think it's easy in any urban area, but a CCL is county issued and Statewide valid, with exceptions. Trump supporters could plausibly live in rural counties and drive to Huntington for the march.

The law in California is fairly straightforward. Penal Code 22810:

Defense of another person must be within reason. Say you're walking on the beach with a companion and one of you is suddenly assaulted, it is reasonable to assume that the other other person is just as much danger as the one being attacked so yes, pepper spray may be used in an act of self defense with the added benefit of defending another person.

Say you're walking on the beach watching your friend slap TrumpTards?

You get the idea.
Cali self-defense instruction for jurors:

Originally Posted by CALCRIM 3470
The defendant is not guilty of <insert crime(s) charged> if (he/she) used force against the other person in lawful (self-defense/ [or] defense of another). The defendant acted in lawful (self-defense/ [or] defense of another) if:

1. The defendant reasonably believed that (he/she/ [or] someone else/ [or] <insert name of third party>) was in imminent danger of suffering bodily injury [or was in imminent danger of being touched unlawfully];

2. The defendant reasonably believed that the immediate use of force was necessary to defend against that danger;

AND

3. The defendant used no more force than was reasonably necessary to defend against that danger.
More of a self-defense question, but Blocktard #1 (el Slappo) did not pose a credible threat to Trumptard #1 (the guy she probably slapped right after Trumptard 0 attacked others). She was guilty of battery, but I don't think his counterattack could be claimed self-defense as she was posing no danger that needed to be met with violence. So maybe Blocktard #2 could claim reasonable defense of another, as she was coming around the crowd from the other side and may only have caught Bloctard #1 being dropped.

But as you say, knuckleheads all. Thirty or less protesters getting rowdy with two thousand marchers is just poor judgement. Attacking a small group of protesters so violently shows equal hubris, although they did seem to get away with it.

ETA: One of the marchers interviewed and videoed, I think his name was Travis Guenther(?) was openly and repeatedly striking a retreating protester with a Trump flagpole. Boggles my mind how he was not charged.

https://www.justia.com/criminal/docs...3400/3470.html

Last edited by Thermal; 7th April 2017 at 08:56 AM.
Old 15th April 2017, 04:04 PM   #1905
mgidm86
Philosopher

More fun at Berkeley today. Arrests, beatings, pepper spray, all kinds of good stuff.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/15/us/ber...ump/index.html

http://kron4.com/2017/04/15/berkeley...lent-protests/

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...415-story.html

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/vid...erkeley-rally/

One good thing: the rest of the country is not like Berkeley. I don't mean the protests, I mean everything that happens there. It lives in its own little world or something.
Old 15th April 2017, 06:45 PM   #1906
Stout
Philosopher

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
More fun at Berkeley today. Arrests, beatings, pepper spray, all kinds of good stuff.
That's hilarious

Antifa storm troopers show up at someone else's rally looking for a fight and gets their asses kicked. YouTube link
Stout is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2017, 06:54 PM   #1907
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Can someone explain who is who? And I loved the guy in the hi-vis jacket with the slogan "Jesus will judge you" getting a few kicks in the guy who was bring beaten on the pavement.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2017, 08:24 PM   #1908
Stout
Philosopher

We've got one I.D. so far, that white woman with the "culturally appropriated" dreads.
Stout is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2017, 08:31 PM   #1909
sadhatter
Philosopher

Two groups of violent idiots drowning out the voices of the majority of people that actually want to act civilized.

You know who I would actually root for? A group who went to places these waring factions of immaturity are going to show up and placed a couple crates of loaded firearms between them. Let nature sort it out.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2017, 08:36 PM   #1910
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stout View Post
We've got one I.D. so far, that white woman with the "culturally appropriated" dreads.
The guy who punched her is Nathan Damigo. Founder of neo-nazi group "Identity Europa" and already served out a 5 year prison sentence for violent hate crime against a muslim cab driver.

Last edited by caveman1917; 15th April 2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 15th April 2017, 08:39 PM   #1911
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Can someone explain who is who? And I loved the guy in the hi-vis jacket with the slogan "Jesus will judge you" getting a few kicks in the guy who was bring beaten on the pavement.
The usual, fascists vs antifa. As the posts above and below yours show, the fascists are getting really desperate if all they have is video of a neo-nazi punching a woman and a couple of cherry-picked minutes in a side street where they actually managed to advance a couple hundred yards for a moment.

Last edited by caveman1917; 15th April 2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 15th April 2017, 08:53 PM   #1912
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sadhatter View Post
Two groups of violent idiots drowning out the voices of the majority of people that actually want to act civilized.
What voices? I didn't hear any.
Old 15th April 2017, 09:02 PM   #1913
Stout
Philosopher

We're not getting blown away with insightful and intelligent anitfa commentary surrounding this event now are we ?
Old 15th April 2017, 09:39 PM   #1914
sadhatter
Philosopher

What voices? I didn't hear any.
You do understand the irony in saying that, as you are replying to someone voicing that opinion.

If not, my god, the school system has failed us.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th April 2017, 10:05 PM   #1915
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Having watched the video footage of the fight, I think this settles the Vegan vs Meat Eating debate.
Old 16th April 2017, 09:20 AM   #1916
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sadhatter View Post
You know who I would actually root for?
This guy:

Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th April 2017, 09:35 AM   #1917
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

The usual, fascists vs antifa.
When did this become "usual"?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Old 16th April 2017, 09:58 AM   #1918
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

I can't think of anything that would make Trump supporters more sympathetic than what these antifa kooks are doing.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Old 16th April 2017, 10:23 AM   #1919
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stout View Post
We're not getting blown away with insightful and intelligent anitfa commentary surrounding this event now are we ?
In fairness, the links presented tell us very little about what happened at this gig, as far as who instigated what violence. We have a clear video of a fascist/nazi/Trumper/whatever punching a woman in the face, no run-up as far as what happened immediately before, so just a clear battery delivered by the Trump side. Actually, another clash where the pro-Trump marchers are aggressive (shades of Orange County).
Old 16th April 2017, 10:48 AM   #1920
Dani
Master Poster

Who won the debate? The ninjas or the Captain Americas?
Dani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics