IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2021 elections , New York City politics , New York politics , Ranked Choice Voting

Old 3rd July 2021, 07:36 PM   #41
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BrooklynBaby View Post
They "found" 135,000 test ballots had been included somehow so those were supposedly subtracted and Adams' lead went from significant to slim after the requisite ranked choice number crunching. Now they need to add over 100k absentee ballots.
Actually with the test ballots removed, nothing changed, the percentages ended exactly the same with the test ballots and without them. The change in Adam's lead after the first round was a result of the ballots from the eliminated candidates being redistributed based on the ranked choices of the ballot. This is exactly how the system works.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 3rd July 2021 at 07:38 PM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2021, 03:28 PM   #42
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Hmmm...now he's a "law and order candidate"? I thought he was going to eliminate police and jails. Make up your mind.
I think Adams was sort of sending diffrent signals to different audiences..a common failing among politicans.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2021, 03:46 PM   #43
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I think Adams was sort of sending diffrent signals to different audiences..a common failing among politicans.
I don't think an ex-cop ever told or implied to any audience that he was going to close jails and eliminate the police.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2021, 07:32 AM   #44
Donal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
That's a feature, not a bug
Old 13th July 2021, 01:56 PM   #45
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Donal View Post
That's a feature, not a bug
Politicans have been doing it since Democracy was born in Ancient Athens. I don't expect them to quit.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics