IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , Bob McIlvaine , Drew DePalma , media criticism , new york times , nist

Reply
Old 1st December 2021, 03:33 PM   #41
Robin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,274
Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
No, it's not a digital billboard.

I still think it's stupid and exploitative, but it's not digital.
And ironic since the AE911Truth folk are the ones lying about how their children died.
__________________
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:55 PM   #42
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,489
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
And ironic since the AE911Truth folk are the ones lying about how their children died.
For the record, how are they indicating their children died? In a building collapse, most definitely so what is their alleged problem? The current accepted narrative or some off the wall fantasy?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2021, 07:00 AM   #43
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17,233
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
For the record, how are they indicating their children died? In a building collapse, most definitely so what is their alleged problem? The current accepted narrative or some off the wall fantasy?
McIlvaine believes his son died when he was about to enter the North Tower lobby as explosives inside turned the windows to shards and peppered him with shrapnel wounds, and additionally, the explosions shot some large object and obliterated much of Bobby's head. He believes this happened at very nearly the same time the first plane crashed, at 8:46. That Bobby was one of the first victims brought to the morge, before the first collapse even.

None if this is true.

Tragically, McIlvaine has forgotten all the important facts and replaced them in his sad head with the AE lies. In reality, Bobby had to be on the 106th floor well before 8:30, and thus could not have approached the lobby after 8:45. However, the nature of his appointment would have allowed him to leave aroujd 8:30.
Fact is, Bobby's body was found 2 days later, on the "perimeter" of the World Trade Center complex - most likely on or near West St, for his office was across West St in the WFC.
His wounds are consistent with him facing a collapsing tower and getting hit with large and small debris with blunt force (no penetration from fast or sharp shrapnel).
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2021, 07:16 AM   #44
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,185
Father wants to blame the USG... and has been exploited by Gage for years. Sad.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2021, 11:24 AM   #45
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,953
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
The billboard is constructed of vinyl impregnated fabric and tied to the building wall with grommets and elastic cordage tied to metal tie-downs
clamps fastened into the building masonry brickwork. The images and words are ink-jet printed onto the fabric and cured with Ultra Violet Light
to fix the colors images and text from sunlight and weather.



https://www.ultraflexx.com/billboard-material/
And so does that mean it really did cost $17,000?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2021, 02:13 PM   #46
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 24,047
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
And so does that mean it really did cost $17,000?
That does not sound unreasonable for a small-ish billboard in midtown Manhattan.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2021, 01:43 PM   #47
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 827
Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
That's nice. What are you going to do about it?

https://www.americanheritage.com/wel...ng-do-about-it
Tammany Hall's Richard Croker..
[excerpt] His response to muckrakers who confronted him with details of police corruption was....
“Well, and what are you going to do about it?”
It was a question uttered more in curiosity than in anger. [/excerpt]
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2021, 02:21 PM   #48
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 20,112
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Father wants to blame the USG... and has been exploited by Gage for years. Sad.
Grifting off the victim's family... not just sad, vile!
__________________
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
Those who agree with me may not always be right, but nonetheless, I admire their astuteness.
Cullen Hightower
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2021, 04:26 PM   #49
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 39,940
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
McIlvaine believes his son died when he was about to enter the North Tower lobby as explosives inside turned the windows to shards and peppered him with shrapnel wounds, and additionally, the explosions shot some large object and obliterated much of Bobby's head. He believes this happened at very nearly the same time the first plane crashed, at 8:46. That Bobby was one of the first victims brought to the morge, before the first collapse even.

None if this is true.

Tragically, McIlvaine has forgotten all the important facts and replaced them in his sad head with the AE lies. In reality, Bobby had to be on the 106th floor well before 8:30, and thus could not have approached the lobby after 8:45. However, the nature of his appointment would have allowed him to leave aroujd 8:30.
Fact is, Bobby's body was found 2 days later, on the "perimeter" of the World Trade Center complex - most likely on or near West St, for his office was across West St in the WFC.
His wounds are consistent with him facing a collapsing tower and getting hit with large and small debris with blunt force (no penetration from fast or sharp shrapnel).

I'd love it if you could talk to McIlvaine one day.
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2021, 04:27 PM   #50
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 39,940
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
https://www.americanheritage.com/wel...ng-do-about-it
Tammany Hall's Richard Croker..
[excerpt] His response to muckrakers who confronted him with details of police corruption was....
“Well, and what are you going to do about it?”
It was a question uttered more in curiosity than in anger. [/excerpt]

What's your point?
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2021, 05:08 PM   #51
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,489
Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
I'd love it if you could talk to McIlvaine one day.
It might be just like posting to the nutters who believe in CDs, no planes and any number of other CTs out there.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2021, 05:09 PM   #52
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,489
Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
What's your point?
He has no point since he is a troll.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2021, 07:37 AM   #53
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,953
Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
What's your point?
None, I think.
Hastily-googled quote, with minimal relevance and the usual borked formatting.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2021, 03:26 PM   #54
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17,233
Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
I'd love it if you could talk to McIlvaine one day.
Jennifer Senior, who wrote the big piece on McIlvaine in this September' The Atlantic talked to him at length, and she found some of the facts I mentioned, and confronted him with them. Facts don't matter any longer to this poor soul, who is on a quasi-religious horror trip, thanks to the poisonous "drugs" AE and Gage kept feeding him for years. Senior knew the McIlvaines in 2001 - Bobby was her brother's roommate and best friend. She had already written about it in an article published before September 2001 was over:
https://nymag.com/nymetro/news/sept11/features/5180/
Originally Posted by Jennifer Senior
The fact that his body – mostly intact, with his wallet to identify him – had been recovered less than 48 hours after the collapse of Tower One
McIlvaine, years later, came to believe - falsely - that Bobby was found and taken to the morgue the day he died:
https://truthandshadows.com/2016/09/...ed-demolition/
Originally Posted by Craig McKee
...McIlvaine says. “That’s why he was picked up so quickly, because the EMTs came down there so quickly. Someone had gotten him out of there and to the morgue before the towers came down.”
McIlvaine bellieves that his son had an appointment in Windows of the World at 9 am and was therefore walking in at 8:46 when he was struck by an explosion. But the fact is, Bobby's chore that morning was to help a colleague set up a presentation, the first presentation of the day which was scheduled for 8:40 - and so the setting-up would have been done before 8:30. Jennifer Senior has the story:
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...lvaine/619490/
Originally Posted by Jennifer Senior
He [McIlvaine] rejects this explanation. “My theory is he was walking into the building at the time, because he had the conference up there.”
“I thought his conference started at 8:30?” I ask. The first plane hit at 8:46 a.m. That would have meant Bobby was arriving late.
“I thought it started at 9,” Bob Sr. says.
“Isn’t there a way to find out?” I ask.
“You know, to tell you the truth, I never …”
He’d never checked.
The 9/11 Memorial & Museum still has the brochure for that conferece - and thus the proof it started at 8:30, with the Merryll Lynch guy to speak at 8:40. See page 2:
https://collection.911memorial.org/Detail/objects/24521

Senior goes on:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Senior
My brother also tells me that he still has the note Bob Sr. left for him on his kitchen table on Thursday, September 13. It said that an investigator with the New York City Police Department, Joe Gagliardi, had just come by to drop off the wallet they’d pulled from Bobby’s pocket. One line in particular stood out. He was found on the perimeter. Not near the lobby.

“Was he really?” Bob Sr. says when I phone him and ask him about the note. He’d completely forgotten that he’d written it. “If that’s true, that’s great.” He thinks for a moment. “Though the perimeter—he still could have been 10 feet away. He certainly wasn’t 100 feet from the building.”
I then tell him about the conference schedule, which actually did leave open the possibility that he was 100 feet from the building. If he’d left before his colleague started speaking—or the opening remarks—he could have been quite close to his office at Merrill Lynch, a five-minute walk away. Bob Sr. takes it all in. He repeats that he finds Bobby’s injuries too extreme, too savage, to be caused by flying debris. “But you know what?” he finally says. “That’s no longer relevant to me. My whole thing is who did it and why. It’s been 20 years and I still can’t get any answers.”
Those last remarks by McIlvaine reveal the whole tragedy: He is no longer about facts, he is about "Truth", and he seeks it where no truth can be found (at the "9/11 Truth Movement"), and thus ensures he'll never reach closure.

And Mrs. Senior believes that is the point of the excercise: McIlvaine sr. does not want closure. He wants to keep the wound open, for suffering from it is the meaning of his post-2001 life.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2021, 03:50 PM   #55
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,185
Sr fell into a cult and he can't find... nor does he want to... the way out. It's sad how he is exploiting the death of his son.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2021, 06:26 PM   #56
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,489
Nice report Oystein.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2021, 06:38 PM   #57
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 39,940
Yes, excellent post, Oystein.
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2021, 06:41 PM   #58
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 39,940
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Sr fell into a cult and he can't find... nor does he want to... the way out. It's sad how he is exploiting the death of his son.
It's a mutual delusional loop - McIlvaine and AE911Truth.
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2021, 09:19 AM   #59
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,489
Does the forensic evaluation of the body indicate a direction of movement just prior to being impacted?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2021, 09:41 AM   #60
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,185
The circumstances of JR's death has nothing to do with the event. It appears to be directly related to the plane strike and falling debris.
Gage et al make the absurd claim it was from bombs in the lobby area. The steel of the trees was 5" plate... and the core was 2+" thick. Placing CD down there would require massive amounts of explosives... This is just hooie.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2021, 10:01 AM   #61
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 24,047
Thanks Oystein.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2021, 10:29 AM   #62
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,489
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
The circumstances of JR's death has nothing to do with the event. It appears to be directly related to the plane strike and falling debris.
Gage et al make the absurd claim it was from bombs in the lobby area. The steel of the trees was 5" plate... and the core was 2+" thick. Placing CD down there would require massive amounts of explosives... This is just hooie.
I understand that the event was caused by planes slamming into the Towers.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2021, 08:34 AM   #63
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,953
So after this monumental "effort" by AE911T, has there been any tangible result?
Have the Evil Them been shamed or scared into admitting their Evil Plot? I mean, look at the size of that billboard. It's TERRIFYING!
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2021, 01:57 PM   #64
Robin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 13,274
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
So after this monumental "effort" by AE911T, has there been any tangible result?
Have the Evil Them been shamed or scared into admitting their Evil Plot? I mean, look at the size of that billboard. It's TERRIFYING!
I guess more donations is the result they are looking for.

I guess they will get a few of those.
__________________
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2021, 03:05 PM   #65
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 26,314
Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
No, it's not a digital billboard.

I still think it's stupid and exploitative, but it's not digital.
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
My mistake.
It is, I believe, a vinyl sheet billboard. Average US cost should be around ten dollars per square metre, depending on size and thickness.
__________________
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2021, 07:17 PM   #66
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 827
Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
It is, I believe, a vinyl sheet billboard. Average US cost should be around ten dollars per square metre, depending on size and thickness.

Billboard vinyl front-lit

https://www.ultraflexx.com/billboard-vinyl/
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2021, 04:59 AM   #67
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 23,885
Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
It is, I believe, a vinyl sheet billboard. Average US cost should be around ten dollars per square metre, depending on size and thickness.
I expect there will be a price for a prominent place to hang it, far in excess of the cost of the billboard itself.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2021, 07:43 AM   #68
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 24,047
Yeah, I looked for a few minutes, but I don't see what media company is responsible for the location. There are very few locations where someone can just hang a giant billboard on a building without being zoned as an advertising sign. Usually, the media company has some identification on the frame or artwork itself. For example, Clear Channel now owns a ton of outdoor ad locations. On the bottom of their billboards, you will see a Clear Channel logo and a unit number to verify the location identity for advertisers.

Maybe it's independently owned, and an exception to the rule.

If not, the cost of hanging it could easily be $20 - 50K per month.

Last edited by carlitos; 8th December 2021 at 07:44 AM. Reason: link - clear channel
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2021, 08:14 AM   #69
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,953
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Yeah, I looked for a few minutes, but I don't see what media company is responsible for the location. There are very few locations where someone can just hang a giant billboard on a building without being zoned as an advertising sign. Usually, the media company has some identification on the frame or artwork itself. For example, Clear Channel now owns a ton of outdoor ad locations. On the bottom of their billboards, you will see a Clear Channel logo and a unit number to verify the location identity for advertisers.

Maybe it's independently owned, and an exception to the rule.

If not, the cost of hanging it could easily be $20 - 50K per month.
Strange that the Evil Them allowed this to be put up in the first place. I thought all the plucky whistleblowers and truth-seekers were censored or terminated?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2021, 08:55 AM   #70
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 827
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
So after this monumental "effort" by AE911T, has there been any tangible result?
Have the Evil Them been shamed or scared into admitting their Evil Plot? I mean, look at the size of that billboard. It's TERRIFYING!
A journey of a thousand mile starts with but a step __ Chinese proverb

The erection of the billboard across the street from the New York Times
building prompted the daughter of one of the victims to pen a letter to two
employees of the newspaper, published under the banner...
"All the News That's Fit to Print."

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nyti...cials/contest/

was an open letter addressed to Julia Jacobs and Reggie Ugwu.
The letter was made public by the AE911truth website.



https://www.ae911truth.org/news/795-...C0VKKW8-xeUc9I

[excerpt]Your, along with many other journalists', use of the words “conspiracy theorists” and “debunked” has played a part
in the silencing and censorship of many people who have concerns about the future welfare of our country
and the world. You are allowed your views and we are allowed ours. Yet yours get headlines and ours get omitted.
Why is this?[/excerpt]
--and--
[excerpt]My father was murdered on 9/11 and I am reminded of that every single day. Families of 9/11 victims continue since
day one to fight for federal investigations into this crime and the truth has yet to see the light of day.
Shame on you for your contribution to the silencing.[/excerpt]
Neither Julia nor Reggie have replied !
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2021, 10:55 AM   #71
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 24,047
Julia Jacobs is in Chicago reporting on the Jussie Smollett trial and Reggie Ugwu is a pop culture reporter. If either of them did reply to this letter, nothing anywhere in the world would change.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2021, 01:46 PM   #72
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 20,112
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
A journey of a thousand mile starts with but a step
That single step was made over 20 years ago. Since then....

- no progress whatsoever has been made.
- no irrefutable evidence has been shown.
- the 9/11 twoof movement has not grown, it has shrunk.
- 9/11 twoofers looked like a bunch of ignorant morons back then and, and they still look like a bunch of ignorant morons to this day.


The facts are that the 9/11 attacks were conceived by Arab terrorists with the blessing and under the auspices of OBL, they were planned by Arab terrorists, and there were executed by 19 Arab terrorists, and all without any active help from anyone outside OBL's group of terrorists.

The facts are that the only thing the US Government should be held accountable for is negligence... they were asleep at the wheel; caught with their trousers down like they were at Pearl Harbour 80 years ago Tuesday. They had warning after warning after warning that a major attack was coming.. they, in effect, twiddled their thumbs... there were also red flags; how on earth do Arab flight students wanting to know how to fly airliners but say they don't need to learn how to land or take not raise a huge, blindingly obvious red flag for US security bosses?
__________________
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
Those who agree with me may not always be right, but nonetheless, I admire their astuteness.
Cullen Hightower

Last edited by smartcooky; 8th December 2021 at 02:24 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2021, 02:32 PM   #73
Axxman300
Philosopher
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 5,899
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
A journey of a thousand mile starts with but a step __ Chinese proverb

The erection of the billboard across the street from the New York Times
building prompted the daughter of one of the victims to pen a letter to two
employees of the newspaper, published under the banner...
"All the News That's Fit to Print."

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nyti...cials/contest/

was an open letter addressed to Julia Jacobs and Reggie Ugwu.
The letter was made public by the AE911truth website.



https://www.ae911truth.org/news/795-...C0VKKW8-xeUc9I

[excerpt]Your, along with many other journalists', use of the words “conspiracy theorists” and “debunked” has played a part
in the silencing and censorship of many people who have concerns about the future welfare of our country
and the world. You are allowed your views and we are allowed ours. Yet yours get headlines and ours get omitted.
Why is this?[/excerpt]
--and--
[excerpt]My father was murdered on 9/11 and I am reminded of that every single day. Families of 9/11 victims continue since
day one to fight for federal investigations into this crime and the truth has yet to see the light of day.
Shame on you for your contribution to the silencing.[/excerpt]
Neither Julia nor Reggie have replied !
Whelp...here's the problem, Scooter, it was Federally investigated. On top of the 911 Commission there was the FBI (internal and external investigations), the CIA's IG investigation, FEMA, ATF, and the FAA all had independent investigations. New York City and state also had their investigations which included sub-investigations by the Port Authority, NYPD, and FDNY.

On top of that NYC is home to the NYTimes, NY Post, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, and CNN news headquarters, and all continue to look into the events of 9-11-2001.

Just because some family member doesn't like the answers doesn't mean she's been lied to.

The truth is Al Qaeda hijacked four jets and flew three of them into buildings.

The truth is A&E Truth are low-level scam artists, who have raised enough money to conduct five well-financed investigations, but never once went looking for the "truth" in any way. An honest person would ask why?
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2021, 04:51 PM   #74
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,185
Perhaps after all these years the most interesting thing is to explain the dumb of so many people... which is the same sort of "science denial" seem today in the anti vax crowd... with the main reasons being:

don't believe / trust government
it's a deep state conspiracy
media always lies
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2021, 05:04 PM   #75
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,489
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
That single step was made over 20 years ago. Since then....

- no progress whatsoever has been made.
- no irrefutable evidence has been shown.
- the 9/11 twoof movement has not grown, it has shrunk.
- 9/11 twoofers looked like a bunch of ignorant morons back then and, and they still look like a bunch of ignorant morons to this day.


The facts are that the 9/11 attacks were conceived by Arab terrorists with the blessing and under the auspices of OBL, they were planned by Arab terrorists, and there were executed by 19 Arab terrorists, and all without any active help from anyone outside OBL's group of terrorists.

The facts are that the only thing the US Government should be held accountable for is negligence... they were asleep at the wheel; caught with their trousers down like they were at Pearl Harbour 80 years ago Tuesday. They had warning after warning after warning that a major attack was coming.. they, in effect, twiddled their thumbs... there were also red flags; how on earth do Arab flight students wanting to know how to fly airliners but say they don't need to learn how to land or take not raise a huge, blindingly obvious red flag for US security bosses?
What the man said.^^^^^^^
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2021, 08:58 AM   #76
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,953
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
was an open letter addressed to Julia Jacobs and Reggie Ugwu.
The letter was made public by the AE911truth website.



https://www.ae911truth.org/news/795-...C0VKKW8-xeUc9I
The "evidence" in that letter includes
Quote:
Larry Silverstein was recorded saying he told the FDNY to “pull” WTC 7, a term used for controlled demolitions.


There's also a claim that 'body parts were found on top of adjacent buildings'. That's actually new to me. Anyone know what that's about?
(The linked video in the article talks about bone fragments found on top of the Deutsche Bank building).
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2021, 09:12 AM   #77
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 23,885
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
The "evidence" in that letter includes



There's also a claim that 'body parts were found on top of adjacent buildings'. That's actually new to me. Anyone know what that's about?
(The linked video in the article talks about bone fragments found on top of the Deutsche Bank building).
Yes, body parts and plane parts were found on adjacent buildings. Uhh, which is, sorta, rather solid evidence that the building was hit by a plane full of people. And yes, some of those parts were identified as parts of passengers and crew of the plane in question.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2021, 09:16 AM   #78
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 23,885
Oh and, I'm willing to believe it's a typo, but:

Quote:
There are thousands of individuals, including scientists, engineers, architects (all with high-level degrees, I might add), first responders and victims’ family members who support taking another look at all of the evidence that has been compiled over the years. Much more than 100 hours of research. We are a bunch of good people, many volunteering their time, in the pursuit of truth and understanding as to what exactly happened to their sons, mother, father, friends, etc. And yet people like you that spread misinformation negatively label us.
That's not a lot of research.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2021, 09:28 AM   #79
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,185
The evidence for hijacked planes hitting the towers and the collapse of the 3 buildings essentially due to the effect of heated steel from unfought fires is compelling and not other explanation makes sense. There has been no evidence of CD devices found and no CD "plan" has been explained. It's all hooie for the Qanon crowd and those who hate and distrust gov and media. That fringe is here to stay and will be bitching forever. They have nothing going for them.... and then there are grifters like Gage who show up to make things worse.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2021, 09:35 AM   #80
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing
 
MRC_Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 23,885
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
The evidence for hijacked planes hitting the towers and the collapse of the 3 buildings essentially due to the effect of heated steel from unfought fires is compelling and not other explanation makes sense. There has been no evidence of CD devices found and no CD "plan" has been explained. It's all hooie for the Qanon crowd and those who hate and distrust gov and media. That fringe is here to stay and will be bitching forever. They have nothing going for them.... and then there are grifters like Gage who show up to make things worse.
Quite, and I wouldn't give a damn about them except for them keeping mourning relatives in continuous pain of not being able to accept the facts.

Hans
__________________
Experience is an excellent teacher, but she sends large bills.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:58 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.