ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 19th April 2015, 05:28 PM   #361
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
As well, the magnetic fields of stars diminish considerably as the star cools and dies.

1. Young stars have varying magnetic fields, and a much weaker global magnetic field, like the Sun

2. Middle aged stars like Jupiter/Saturn have very strong global magnetic fields.

3. Old stars like Earth have global magnetic fields which have weakened considerably.

4. Dead stars like Venus, Mercury and Mars, to not have strong global magnetic fields, as their interiors have solidified to the point of not being able to produce a global magnetic field.

Thus as the star evolves, so does the uniform nature of its magnetic field and also if it even produces a field at all.

This means Venus, Mercury and Mars are probably vastly older than Earth, and the other stars are probably much younger as their magnetic fields are much larger. The Sun being the youngest of the bunch.
You simply cannot be serious. This is so wrong it is impossible to explain how wrong it is.

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2015, 05:32 PM   #362
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

I assure the debunkers/skeptics of JREF/INternational skeptics forum that nothing in the entire internet overviews this basic understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uERPJPDt6Zc

The root assumption of geophysics and geology is the assumption (without evidence, or at least misinterpreted evidence which is no surprise), that Earth was always solid/liquid structure during its evolution, without an atmosphere and without water.

This is heinous reasoning and needs to be replaced immediately if we are to prevent our future generations from learning false knowledge. False knowledge is more dangerous than ignorance, because it parades as true information, but is actually nonsense.

False knowledge gets taught in university and hundreds of thousands of students teach this false knowledge, that the Earth was always solid/liquid structure.
There is indeed appallingly abject ignorance here. It is not on the part of those you claim it is.

Wash this space!

fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2015, 05:39 PM   #363
Elind
Philosopher

This thread is nuts.
Elind is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2015, 05:45 PM   #364
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

That is just a Birkeland current. Electrical current is flowing inside of a giant river of plasma. That's like saying an explosion is required to make a river of water.

Besides, your scientists can not explain how planets are formed. This means their credibility for other matters is shot. What good is a PhD in astrophysics when you can't even explain how planets are formed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrMvZ_B4mWE

What is shocking to me is that they call stars which have lost their visible spectrum "planets". That's like saying puppies are not young dogs, or babies are not young humans. A "star" is a young planet.

Don't worry though, I have already called out hundreds of astronomers and astrophysicists. They believe a star is mutually exclusive of planet. I published that paper on General Science Journal. Modern astronomers don't even know the basics.

http://gsjournal.net/Science-Journals/Essays/View/4569

It is the gravest mistake in all of astronomy/astrophysics and geophysics.
WOW!!!! You got your paper published on an online pseudo journal that has no specialty, no requirements, no checking by real scientists in the field(s) the paper is about, no real proofs required beyond the author's words and no lab results/observational results required.....Just WOW!!!

Wash this space!

Old 19th April 2015, 06:16 PM   #365
jonesdave116
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Elind View Post
This thread is nuts.
<SNIP>
Edited by jsfisher:  Rule 12 violation removed. Address the argument, not the arguer.

Last edited by jsfisher; 22nd April 2015 at 05:05 PM.
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2015, 11:16 PM   #366
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post
<Snip>
Edited by jsfisher:  Moderated content removed.

I am so glad they prevented anyone here from being carded.

Wash this space!

Last edited by jsfisher; 22nd April 2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 20th April 2015, 09:52 AM   #367
jeffreyw
Critical Thinker

Sharing with Bill Gaede

At first I was skeptical of the discovery so I didn't share with anybody. I brooded over it for about a month, then I started to really come to terms with what it meant.

It frightened me. I didn't know what to do. I tried emailing hundreds of professors at colleges around the world, most didn't respond, the ones that did just ridiculed and asked if it was some kind of sick joke. So I got frustrated.

I started looking up ideas like, "Einstein was wrong", and "modern science is backwards" and other simple statements like that on google and stumbled upon Bill Gaede's youtube videos.

I told him the theory, at least, not as developed as it is now (so there are still ideas in this presentation which are incorrect as of current progress), but it is the first video that was really presented on the web concerning stellar metamorphosis.

Since then I've never really looked back. I have grown much more experienced in dealing with ridiculers online and have learned about human nature and how nasty scientists really are towards each other. It is ruthless. Good thing I was in the Marines so the treatment I get I can ignore quite easily. Most academics are wet tissue paper when it comes to ridicule. Not me.

My cup was empty, if I was conditioned with prior belief I would have never figured this out.

Anyways, here is the original video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fINLrXi54zA

A "planet" is just an ancient star. They were never mutually exclusive.

http://vixra.org/abs/1205.0107
jeffreyw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2015, 11:23 AM   #368
Wolrab
Illuminator

Don't post worthless videos. Show us the math. Without math, you have nothing.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2015, 11:55 AM   #369
ben m
Philosopher

At first I was skeptical of the discovery
Yay! You were off to a good start.

Quote:
so I didn't share with anybody. I brooded over it for about a month,
That was your first mistake. Science can't be done by "brooding". Science is done by studying. Brooding is easy and you can "brood" your way to any conclusion you can imagine. Studying is hard and it involves listening, reading, and cross-checking.

Quote:
It frightened me. I didn't know what to do. I tried emailing hundreds of professors at colleges around the world, most didn't respond, the ones that did just ridiculed and asked if it was some kind of sick joke. So I got frustrated.
That was your second mistake. In science, when someone tells you they think you're wrong, it is not supposed to get you angry and defensive. It means you need to learn something. (Even if you were in fact right, when you fail to convince someone it tells you that your arguments are not solid or clear enough.)

Quote:
I started looking up ideas like, "Einstein was wrong", and "modern science is backwards" and other simple statements like that on google and stumbled upon Bill Gaede's youtube videos.
That was your third mistake. Instead of looking for people who could help you do science, you went and found people to help you do crackpottery.
ben m is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2015, 12:26 PM   #370
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Clearly a skill he learned well.

Wash this space!

Old 20th April 2015, 12:37 PM   #371
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

It sounds like JW did science, as a methodology, all wrong from the very get-go. He began by seeking simple confirmation of his ideas, first by authorities in the field; when he didn't get it, he scorned the authority and went looking for the confirmation where he knew he would find it. Science is based on the necessity for the possibility your idea can be refuted, not simply confirmed. You can't use science as a way to just bull your way to a right conclusion.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King

Last edited by turingtest; 20th April 2015 at 01:28 PM. Reason: remove redundant word
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2015, 12:47 PM   #372
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
WOW!!!! You got your paper published on an online pseudo journal that has no specialty, no requirements, no checking by real scientists in the field(s) the paper is about, no real proofs required beyond the author's words and no lab results/observational results required.....Just WOW!!!
Sorry, forgot to ask how much they charged to publish your screed. So, how much did they charge? I'm thinking of submitting one on the relationship between god's farts and black holes and how they relate to the Heat Death of the universe!!!!!

Wash this space!

Old 20th April 2015, 12:51 PM   #373
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
It sounds like JW did science, as a methodology, all wrong from the very get-go. He began by seeking seeking simple confirmation of his ideas, first by authorities in the field; when he didn't get it, he scorned the authority and went looking for the confirmation where he knew he would find it. Science is based on the necessity for the possibility your idea can be refuted, not simply confirmed. You can't use science as a way to just bull your way to a right conclusion.
Well, if you are a real scientist with real knowledge, real research and experiments and real ability in the subject you can't. Otherwise you can do whatever crap you want and call it science. I hope no one here would ever stoop to doing that though.

Wash this space!

Old 20th April 2015, 12:57 PM   #374
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

By the by, as to the planets thing - we/scientists have known for quite a while exactly how planets are initially formed and how the initial formation is added to and subtracted from by various collisions and internal developments/activities.. Feel free to watch the many DVD's out there which show the process wonderfully and accurately.

Wash this space!

Old 20th April 2015, 01:01 PM   #375
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Well I can simplify things very easily for the crowd so that there is no confusion.

I have made discovery of stellar evolution/planet formation which differs greatly than establishment science AND electric universe.

I can break all three down very easily:

1. Establishment science has planets formed as left overs from stars' formation

2. Electric universe has planets being ejected from stars.

3. Stellar metamorphosis (this theory) has stars cooling and dying becoming the old star (planet)

If you shall notice both electric universe and establishment science are under the same interpretation, stars and planets are mutually exclusive. Stellar metamorphosis is different than both. I hold that when a star dies, it loses mass to solar radiation, solar flares and solar wind over many billions of years, eventually forming a little ball of matter in its center called a "planet", as it cools and dies.

To recap:

1. Establishment science: stars are not planets

2. Electric universe: stars are not planets

3. Stellar metamorphosis: stars are new planets, and planets are evolving/old/dead stars

I have outlined a great majority of the conclusions of this discovery on vixra.org, as I do not have major connections inside of universities, nor do I have the money to publish vast amounts of material to be edited by outside entities.

All I have is a simple understanding which contradicts both establishment science and electric universe (which hold the same assumption). This discovery flatly denies that stars are fusion reactors and planets inert balls of gas and rocks. It states clearly that the "star" cools and dies becoming the "planet". This means that the majority of star science needs to be corrected immediately.

Google: stellar metamorphosis

I have made a great majority of ideas which contradict establishment available on vixra.org.
Oh add on- Electric Universe is the delusions of certain persons who are either frauds or mentally incompetent (I kn0w, I know - that's what the Secret Masters of the Universe want people to think) (NOT!!!!!)

Wash this space!

Old 20th April 2015, 02:39 PM   #376
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

Jeffrey, I'm going to do you a favour and sciency up your idea.

In science a theory makes predictions, which means it tells us what we should see if it's right, and also what observations would prove it wrong.

So, Jeffrey, what predictions does your theory make? If the solar system is populated by several old stellar remnants and one young star then what would it have looked like when the solar system was young and all of those planets were stars? I merely ask, because we should be able to see such systems in the sky.

Also, what observations do you think would prove your theory wrong?
What data would falsify Stellar Metamorphosis?

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2015, 02:43 PM   #377
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

ONe crank sharing with an even bigger crank (Bill Gaede)

...sniped everything except science....
Which leaves nothing relevant, jeffreyw.
For everyone's information, Bill Gaede, is an even worse crank than jeffreyw. He thinks that he can replace mathematics in science with cartoons containing ropes !
For example his "model" of an electromagnetic interaction between atoms is a couple of "pulsating atoms" with a twisted rope between them (Atoms and Ropes video).

jeffreyw has borrowed Gaede's delusion that YouTube videos are science !
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2015, 02:56 PM   #378
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Okay, if I understand this correctly:
- become fixated on a conclusion, so look for evidence
- test the conclusion and evidence against subject-matter experts and get told you're wrong
- find somebody who's not a subject matter expert and conclude that you're right because your conclusions are in the same general ballpark of somebody who's incompetent in the same field
- ignore any contrary evidence
- treat your own assertions as if they are evidence
- post videos that don't actually support your position, but you think they do
- refuse to demonstrate testable elements of the hypothesis
- rage against the mainstream
- Victory!!!
Old 20th April 2015, 06:28 PM   #379
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Kid Eager View Post
- test the conclusion and evidence against subject-matter experts and get told you're wrong
- find somebody who's not a subject matter expert and conclude that you're right because your conclusions are in the same general ballpark of somebody who's incompetent in the same field
- Victory!!!
This apparently the entire group of persons (as covered by NPR a bit over a year/two ago)who have decided E=MC^2 is wrong - most seem to be engineers who seem to think that because they are engineers they know better than an actual physicist whose discoveries are part of why engineers can now produce many interesting devices (GPS just for one) that really work.

But wouldn't if what the physicists did was still unknown/uncalculated.

In other words, knuckle-draggers who do not recognize their betters.

Wash this space!

Old 20th April 2015, 06:31 PM   #380
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Kid Eager View Post
- Victory!!!
Yep, that's about it. Except for the part where they stop to pick ticks off each other.

Wash this space!

Old 20th April 2015, 09:52 PM   #381
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Bill Gaede

Most people may not know this, but Bill Gaede has actually invented a new genre of music: “Batsh*t Crazy”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99T7d_OYOw8
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2015, 03:31 AM   #382
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by Slings and Arrows View Post
Most people may not know this, but Bill Gaede has actually invented a new genre of music: “Batsh*t Crazy”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99T7d_OYOw8
His "science" is not even wrong and his music is Not. Even. Music.

turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2015, 06:27 AM   #383
jeffreyw
Critical Thinker

thread still alive?

I thought it would have been locked by now like they do on the cosmoquest forum. Design the rules to favor censorship, then claim the people violate the rules. Its so transparent!

Good on you international skeptics! At least you haven't stooped to their level!

jeffreyw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2015, 06:48 AM   #384
steenkh
Philosopher

Why on Earth should they close your thread? Nonsense and ignorance of the laws of physics is not a crime, and is not a threat to anybody. You seem to behave yourself and stay within the rules, so you should be safe.

But why do you never address the criticism that we present? In our eyes, that makes you look bad, and we strongly suspect that you are aware that you do not understand physics at all, but you close your eyes and stride boldly forward into nothing.

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2015, 08:42 AM   #385
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

So Jeffrey, any predictions or potential falsifying observations for your theory?

Anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2015, 08:58 AM   #386
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

I thought it would have been locked by now like they do on the cosmoquest forum. Design the rules to favor censorship, then claim the people violate the rules. Its so transparent!

Good on you international skeptics! At least you haven't stooped to their level!
And too bad for you- you haven't risen to the level of this one. Keep trying though; once you've understood the concept of "evidence," you're getting there.

Old 23rd April 2015, 09:22 AM   #387
phunk
Illuminator

Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
Why on Earth should they close your thread?
IIRC, that forum requires people who post threads in their "against the mainstream" subforum to actual stay and participate in the thread, answer the questions that are asked, etc.
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:17 AM   #388
grmcdorman
Graduate Poster

Which, based on behaviour here, jefferyw doesn't want to do; he appears to be preaching, not discussing.
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:57 PM   #389
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
But why do you never address the criticism that we present? In our eyes, that makes you look bad, and we strongly suspect that you are aware that you do not understand physics at all, but you close your eyes and stride boldly forward into nothing.

Cut Professor Wolynski a little slack, the man is still very busy analyzing the flood of “time stamped documents” he received:

"Electric Universe Challenge"
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=289203

Oh and by the way, here is Jeffrey’s all time favorite video -- featuring Bill Gaede and Stephen Crothers; his two hero’s – which explains why Jeffrey is so hopelessly confused:

"Crothers/Gaede: What is Physics?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voXNBs6ls7Q

Last edited by Slings and Arrows; 23rd April 2015 at 02:56 PM.
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2015, 02:38 PM   #390
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by phunk View Post
IIRC, that forum requires people who post threads in their "against the mainstream" subforum to actual stay and participate in the thread, answer the questions that are asked, etc.
Which on the one hand is fine, but on the other the "questions" and other participants are generally quite derisive, and no effort is made to keep their behavior in check. So the net impression is that they're grade-A jerks.

Don't worry, jeff. We take the approach that even the crankiest of ideas at least deserve a listen to*, and are often more entertaining to read than some of our established members' attempts at "humor."

*Although it's important to note that "deserve a listen to" does not in any way imply that we will listen respectfully, or take your ideas seriously. You can say what you want (within the limits of the MA), but so can we. Some people get that confused.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2015, 03:27 PM   #391
ben m
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
Which on the one hand is fine, but on the other the "questions" and other participants are generally quite derisive, and no effort is made to keep their behavior in check. So the net impression is that they're grade-A jerks.
I think that's sort of by design. Cosmoquest does not exist for the promotion of your crackpot theory. It does not exist to host the interminable arguments between unteachable, borderline-troll crackpot crown and the "someone was wrong on the internet" crowd that enjoys arguing with them.

It exists for mainstream astronomers, amateur mainstream astronomers, and fans thereof to talk about mainstream astronomy.

If you have a crackpot theory you want to draw attention to, argue about, etc., Cosmoquest is informally telling you to take it somewhere else. Therefore, I think the "Against The Mainstream" forum is useless almost by design, both to make sure that the crackpots get the hint and go away (or to make their shooing-away easier on the moderators), and to discourage the argue-with-the-troll-for-fun crowd from drawing out the threads forever. So yeah, it's a little purgatory with strict rules and only three or four derisive posters. It ought to be a big sign saying "don't post your crackpot theory here" and I don't know why people keep posting.
ben m is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2015, 03:45 PM   #392
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

I thought it would have been locked by now like they do on the cosmoquest forum.
Different forum, different rules, jeffreyw.
Cosmoquest has a specific section for strange ideas called "Against The Mainstream". The rules are simple and rational. They are based on the simple and widely used principle that the proposer of an idea has to be able (and willing!) to defend their idea coherently. Basically the advocate of the idea
* has to present the idea in the thread.
* needs to answer questions that they are asked.
* has 30 days to defend their idea but at any time can ask the thread to be suspended while they research the answers.

ETA: Advice for ATM Idea Advocates - Read before posting in ATM

Last edited by Reality Check; 23rd April 2015 at 03:49 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2015, 01:36 AM   #393
Kid Eager
Philosopher

Huh? Is this Argument by Martyrdom?
Old 4th May 2015, 06:48 AM   #394
jeffreyw
Critical Thinker

The "Impossible Planet", Kepler 78b

Here I have made a video overviewing the "impossible planet", Kepler 78b.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bwK2EYVfa0

It is not "impossible". It just means they don't understand stellar evolution or "planet formation". They have yet to understand the "planet" is the evolving/evolved star, they were never mutually exclusive. Or put in other words, the "star" is the young, hot planet.

I'm guessing its going to take another 50 years before they realize it.

Old 4th May 2015, 06:52 AM   #395
jeffreyw
Critical Thinker

Gliese 433 System

I needed to buy markers which had more juice in them, I think I'll re-do this video, but anyways. The Gliese 433 system and its two evolving/older stars called "planets" can be accurately placed inside of the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram.

They are normal stars in normal stages of evolution, not "planets" as per establishment dogma formed in "disks".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQCbg3cPyzM

Old 4th May 2015, 06:55 AM   #396
jeffreyw
Critical Thinker

Oh I forgot to post the two physical vapor deposition presentations!

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR-heDZqXjQ

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7chDcQF0twU

It is how stars begin core formation when they are very young. Of course establishment dogma will ridicule this and call it "pseudoscience" but the fact is that this process is widely used in industry, and is happening in young, evolving stars. They form their iron/nickel composite cores as they age.

Old 4th May 2015, 08:38 AM   #397
The Man
Scourge, of the supernatural

It is how stars begin core formation when they are very young. Of course establishment dogma will ridicule this and call it "pseudoscience" but the fact is that this process is widely used in industry, and is happening in young, evolving stars. They form their iron/nickel composite cores as they age.
There is an "industry" that uses vapor deposition to make stellar cores?
Old 4th May 2015, 10:22 AM   #398
Wolrab
Illuminator

Sorry but you're pet imaginings will never even be recognized as pseudoscience.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th May 2015, 10:55 AM   #399
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

I needed to buy markers which had more juice in them...

Jeffrey, spend your money instead on an introductory physics textbook. Focus on plausibility before legibility.
Old 4th May 2015, 11:54 AM   #400
ben m
Philosopher

Of course establishment dogma will ridicule this
Sorry, you were misinformed. Establishment dogma is not watching your YouTube videos. They are too busy watching a video of a baby turtle eating a raspberry. (It's cute!)

Truth be told, it's really hard to get ridiculed by "establishment dogma". Robitaille and/or Crothers came to the APS April meeting---that's old-school, hard core, shoe leather ridicule-hunting---and I didn't see anyone so much as snicker at their poster. It's a crowded field.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology