ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 5th January 2015, 08:34 AM   #161
steenkh
Philosopher
 
steenkh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 5,037
I cannot accept the POTATOCAR theory until I have seen some youtube videos demonstrating it.
__________________
Steen

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2015, 09:19 AM   #162
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,842
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Ugly facts have a remarkable ability to kill beautiful theories. Best avoid them.
I can't begin to tell you the beautiful theories I have had over time, and these even fit the facts I had available to me at the time (unlike jeffreyw's theory), only to have the entire theory killed by one or two new facts that were inconsistent with my theory. But then, my membership in the scientific conspiracy required me to kill it.

I once heard as a joke, that when asked about the controls to their experiments, a scientist says, "Controls? No way! I've had my ideas ruined by controls too often in the past!"
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2015, 04:47 PM   #163
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 19,809
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
Here I have published the notion that our solar system has origins from different parts of the galaxy. ...very invalid essay snipped...
Sorry, jeffreyw, but since that essay contains a fantasy about the proto-planetary disk, nebular hypothesis model for solar system formation being falsified "extensively", you have wanted your time posting it.
There is a lot of evidence for the standard model of solar system formation including looking at soar systems being formed !

Last edited by Reality Check; 5th January 2015 at 05:12 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2015, 04:53 PM   #164
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 19,809
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
I think the damnation of the stellar evolution models rests in their assumption that young stars are in local thermodynamic equilibrium.

This outright contradicts basic thermodynamics, because stars radiate.
Whoops, jeffreyw: this is basically wrong. An object being in thermal equilibrium does not stop energy from being radiated from its surface - you are (roughly!) in thermal equilibrium and you have a temperature!
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2015, 04:59 PM   #165
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 19,809
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
...Here I have made a video showing who made the discovery of the first exoplanet. Hint: ....
You are wrong, jeffreyw, because it is impossible to see an exoplanet with the naked eye and the discoveries of exoplanets have been written down .
Exoplanet History - From Intuition to Discovery
Quote:
The first true extrasolar planet discovery came in 1994, when Dr. Alexander Wolszczan, a radio astronomer at Pennsylvania State University, reported what he called "unambiguous proof" of extrasolar planetary systems
This is an academic who had probably access to thousands of dollars of grant money. He spoke English since he worked at Pennsylvania State University. He wrote down what he found.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2015, 05:00 PM   #166
MG1962
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,252
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Sorry, jeffreyw, but since that essay contains a fantasy about the
proto-planetary disk, nebular hypothesis model for solar system formation being falsified "extensively", you have wanted your time posting it.
There is a lot of evidence for the standard model of solar system formation including looking at soar systems being formed !
I fear you might be talking to yourself. Jeffery seems to have abandoned his unsupported musings on all things stellar.
MG1962 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2015, 05:03 PM   #167
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 19,809
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
I am a subscriber to uniformitarianism of stellar evolution. ...
In this universe, jeffreyw, stars are seen to explode and the remains of those explosions are studied.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2015, 05:10 PM   #168
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 19,809
Originally Posted by Kid Eager View Post
Score update:
Maybe you should add a score of the number of times jeffreyw cites cranks as if he cannot understand that they are cranks!
I can see a couple
* A Mr. Charles Nunno with a vixra.org upload.
* Bill Gaede with his ropy unified theory.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2015, 05:15 PM   #169
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 19,809
Originally Posted by MG1962 View Post
I fear you might be talking to yourself. Jeffery seems to have abandoned his unsupported musings on all things stellar.
I know - judging by his inability to respond to any poster in this thread so far, I fear that jeffreyw is just spamming the forum.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th January 2015, 10:45 AM   #170
tsig
a carbon based life-form
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 39,049
Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
I can't begin to tell you the beautiful theories I have had over time, and these even fit the facts I had available to me at the time (unlike jeffreyw's theory), only to have the entire theory killed by one or two new facts that were inconsistent with my theory. But then, my membership in the scientific conspiracy required me to kill it.

I once heard as a joke, that when asked about the controls to their experiments, a scientist says, "Controls? No way! I've had my ideas ruined by controls too often in the past!"
I have had any number of my elegant ideas shot down because someone had the effrontery to think of them before I did (sometimes centuries before).

tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 02:25 PM   #171
jeffreyw
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Posts: 275
New Video made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axwxPbrE5Yk

Here I have made a new video outlining why no protoplanetary disk is needed. It is called, "How Are Planets Formed".
jeffreyw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 02:39 PM   #172
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 19,076
Originally Posted by MG1962 View Post
I fear you might be talking to yourself. Jeffery seems to have abandoned his unsupported musings on all things stellar.
Nah he's been peddling his nonsense for a while, he's just moved on from here.
__________________
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 02:49 PM   #173
Lennart Hyland
Muse
 
Lennart Hyland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 547
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axwxPbrE5Yk

Here I have made a new video outlining why no protoplanetary disk is needed. It is called, "How Are Planets Formed".
So how can I get the last 2 min of my life back?

Seriously..do you have any evidence for your claims? (Ofcourse not)
__________________
L.H 1919 - 1993 R.I.P

Unfortunately the 911truth movement web site does not allow any opinions contrary to their own, or I would have presented my views. David Scott - CTBUH Chairman
Lennart Hyland is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 03:14 PM   #174
Kid Eager
Philosopher
 
Kid Eager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,138
Originally Posted by catsmate1 View Post
Nah he's been peddling his nonsense for a while, he's just moved on from here.
The master plan appears to be to create a multitude of websites, forum postings and blogs, all showing and saying the same thing in the hope, apparently, that quantity will win over quality (sample below):

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/fo...area=showposts
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252814
http://www.creativitypool.com/viewtopic.php?t=12112
http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/p...98c57a17c58e2a
http://worldnpa.org/tag/stellar-metamorphosis/
https://plus.google.com/108042940443906408148/posts
http://stellar-metamorphosis.blogspot.com.au
https://fr-fr.facebook.com/Suspiciou...43281255803123
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrWolynski
http://vixra.org/author/jeffrey_joseph_wolynski
http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthre...-Metamorphosis
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2763556/pg1 (the repeated bumping of his post is a bit sad and desperate)
http://jandeane81.com/threads/3649-T...Star-Sciences?
http://stellarmetamorphosis.tumblr.com/
http://www.metaresearch.org/msgboard...?TOPIC_ID=2822
http://www.physicsdiscussionforum.or...osis-t163.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/space/commen...ebular_theory/
https://stellarmetamorphosis.wordpress.com/
__________________
What do Narwhals, Magnets and Apollo 13 have in common? Think about it....

Last edited by Kid Eager; 14th January 2015 at 04:50 PM.
Kid Eager is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 04:25 PM   #175
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 19,809
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
Here I have made a new video outlining why no protoplanetary disk is needed. It is called, "How Are Planets Formed".
Wrong jeffreyw: That is a video containing an ignorant fantasy about how planets were formed.
The ignorance of asserting that planets are "older stars" is obvious - stars are much more massive than stars, e.g. the Sun is 333,000 Earth masses !
The video contains
  1. Not understanding the meaning of the word "believed" is bad. In science a theory is believed in when it has evidence supporting it. This is not a "belief" as in a religious belief. This is not that the theory has been shown to be true - it is that there is no evidence showing it to be false!
  2. There is a lie about stars cooling ,shrinking and combining elements into molecules "forming what are called planets".
  3. The Hertzsprung–Russell diagram does not have a time axis that goes from left to right as you seem to think, jeffreyw. A "time line" on that diagram could go from the main sequence to red giants to white dwarfs. Or from the main sequence to white dwarfs.
  4. Fantasies about gas and liquid stars - stars are plasma or degenerate matter (white dwarfs).
  5. The delusion that a graphic showing the various planets in the Solar System is a depiction of a fantasy about gas giants (e.g. Jupiter) cooling and shrinking to form rocky planets (e.g. Earth).
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 04:30 PM   #176
Wolrab
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,936
I am not watching his video. Of you brave souls that did, does he explain how all these starplanets all end up orbiting in a plane around a central sun?
__________________
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th January 2015, 05:21 PM   #177
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 19,809
Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
Of you brave souls that did, does he explain how all these starplanets all end up orbiting in a plane around a central sun?
He totally ignores this, Wolrab.
His fantasy would have also stars of various ages magically sorting themselves into the order of rock then gas planets we have in the solar system around a young Sun!
And what about asteroids and even comets ?
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 07:02 AM   #178
Lennart Hyland
Muse
 
Lennart Hyland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 547
Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
I am not watching his video. Of you brave souls that did, does he explain how all these starplanets all end up orbiting in a plane around a central sun?
He didnt explain anything in that video just claiming a bunch of nonsense that been so well pointed out by Reality Check.
__________________
L.H 1919 - 1993 R.I.P

Unfortunately the 911truth movement web site does not allow any opinions contrary to their own, or I would have presented my views. David Scott - CTBUH Chairman
Lennart Hyland is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 10:21 AM   #179
phunk
Illuminator
 
phunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,483
I don't want to read the whole thread or watch his videos, did he try to explain away the fact that we've directly observed protoplanetary disks, or is he unaware or ignoring that?
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 10:57 AM   #180
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,842
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I don't want to read the whole thread or watch his videos, did he try to explain away the fact that we've directly observed protoplanetary disks, or is he unaware or ignoring that?
My view is that the shear number of factual observations that he must ignore so as to propose his theory makes it not worth arguing. It is as if someone proposed that there is no such thing as gravity (in fact I think we have a poster who has proposed just this). If you make up an idea completely at odds with reality, it is not worth pointing out any specific details. Especially if the poster doesn't appear to answer or change any of his theory when the facts are pointed out to him, and focuses instead that the rejection of his ideas, in essence, proves their worth.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 11:39 AM   #181
MG1962
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 17,252
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I don't want to read the whole thread or watch his videos, did he try to explain away the fact that we've directly observed protoplanetary disks, or is he unaware or ignoring that?
Believe it or not, that is the least of his problems. He has ignored data requests for mass transfer, has not considered angular momentum. Nor has he been able to explain the existence of things like T Tauri stars
MG1962 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 12:04 PM   #182
Rincewind
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ankh Morpork/Plymouth, UK
Posts: 7,476
Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
My view is that the shear number of factual observations that he must ignore so as to propose his theory makes it not worth arguing. It is as if someone proposed that there is no such thing as gravity (in fact I think we have a poster who has proposed just this). If you make up an idea completely at odds with reality, it is not worth pointing out any specific details. Especially if the poster doesn't appear to answer or change any of his theory when the facts are pointed out to him, and focuses instead that the rejection of his ideas, in essence, proves their worth.
He probably needs help from Wogoga...
Rincewind is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 04:12 PM   #183
jeffreyw
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Posts: 275
The Truth About the Habitable Zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOw6...v1oioyaevzbo04

Here, I have made a quick video outlining why the habitable zone hypothesis (invented in the 1950's and currently outdated) is only half-baked.

In the bottom video I go over the irony of needing to go to creationist websites (albeit not the big bang creationists of modern mythology) just to get a straight answer on Uranus and Neptune's formation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmNe...w&spfreload=10
__________________
Planets are not formed from disks, that would be in violation of the conservation of angular momentum.

A "planet" is just an ancient star. They were never mutually exclusive.

http://vixra.org/abs/1205.0107
jeffreyw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 04:19 PM   #184
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 19,809
The Fantasy About the Habitable Zone "Hypothesis"

Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
Here, I have made a quick video outlining why the habitable zone hypothesis (invented in the 1950's and currently outdated) is only half-baked.
We know that video is completely unbaked because there is no habitable zone "hypothesis", jeffreyw .
There is the fact that around a star (e.g. the Sun!) there can be a region where liquid water can exist and that is defined as the habitable zone.

Of course if habitable zones did not exist then we would not exist !
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th January 2015, 04:22 PM   #185
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 19,809
Formation and evolution of the Solar System

Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
In the bottom video I go over the irony of needing to go to creationist websites (albeit not the big bang creationists of modern mythology) just to get a straight answer on Uranus and Neptune's formation.
You really think that creationist web sites are valid sources of science, jeffreyw ?
You seem to be ignorant that the science is Uranus and Neptune formed with the rest of the planets and the Solar System. This is a straight answer than any one with basic research skills can find.

Last edited by Reality Check; 15th January 2015 at 04:24 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2015, 05:34 AM   #186
Wolrab
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,936
The gut is the first thing formed in multi cellular organisms, thus Uranus.
__________________
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2015, 09:48 AM   #187
Nonpareil
The Terrible Trivium
 
Nonpareil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nethescurial
Posts: 7,996
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOw6...v1oioyaevzbo04

Here, I have made a quick video outlining why the habitable zone hypothesis (invented in the 1950's and currently outdated) is only half-baked.
No, you don't.

You spend a long time talking about things that are irrelevant to the point you are trying to make (such as criticizing an artist's conception - that is, a drawing - of a planet), and eventually say that the Goldilocks zone idea is flawed because it doesn't determine whether or not the planet has a protective magnetic field.

That in no way shows a flaw with the idea of the Goldilocks zone. It is only concerned with whether or not liquid water could exist on the planet's surface. "It's the ionizing radiation that takes away the water, not the temperature" is incorrect. Even without bothering to work out whether or not ionizing radiation could do what you say it does, we know it is incorrect, because we know that there is only a certain temperature range at which liquid water could exist, and there is a certain zone around any given star at which that temperature can be maintained.

The Goldilocks zone exists. That it doesn't detect something it doesn't claim to detect is a problem for no one except you.

And no, planets are still not stars.
__________________
"The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly worth the effort."
- Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
Nonpareil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2015, 10:40 AM   #188
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...
 
turingtest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,629
Any scientific theory needs consilience of evidence to make it a valid one, multiple lines converging to support a conclusion. Aside from the blatant non-sequitur-ish creationist tactic of "your theory is wrong, which automatically makes mine right," Jeffrey's method violates this principle- his whole method seems to be a linear process of building his conclusion from a series of assertions that have no evidence to support them, only the necessity for each to be true for the next to be true, and for the conclusion at the end to be right. I picture consilience as a spider's web, where each strand not only supports the theory at the center, but also cross-braces and supports other strands. Jeffrey has a chain which is only as strong as any one of its links.

And then, of course, there's the whole "I don't need no math!" and "scientists are brainwashed!" attitude; these, too, are assertions from necessity. You might say they're the most important links in his chain.
__________________
I'm tired of the bombs, tired of the bullets, tired of the crazies on TV;
I'm the aviator, a dream's a dream whatever it seems
Deep Purple- "The Aviator"

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2015, 10:49 AM   #189
ben m
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,387
You've been scooped, Wolynski. Not only did these experts figure it all out, they've published their results on television and YouTube. And the scientific community is paying attention.

http://time.com/3670647/qvc-moon-planet-or-star/
ben m is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th January 2015, 01:13 PM   #190
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 15,387
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOw6...v1oioyaevzbo04

Here, I have made a quick video outlining why the habitable zone hypothesis (invented in the 1950's and currently outdated) is only half-baked.

In the bottom video I go over the irony of needing to go to creationist websites (albeit not the big bang creationists of modern mythology) just to get a straight answer on Uranus and Neptune's formation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmNe...w&spfreload=10
Rejected. I refuse to follow blind links to YooBoob videos which are proof of nothing. If you have a valid theory to present on a discussion board, then present those notions on said discussion board in YOUR OWN WORDS and discuss them.

I propose a new dictum. Call it Abaddon's dictum if you will.

Quote:
If a proponent of a new idea is incapable of explaining their idea in the written word but must resort to endless citations of youtube, then that proponent is automatically a crackpot.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2015, 05:37 AM   #191
catsmate
No longer the 1
 
catsmate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 19,076
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOw6...v1oioyaevzbo04

Here, I have made a quick video outlining why the habitable zone hypothesis (invented in the 1950's and currently outdated) is only half-baked.

In the bottom video I go over the irony of needing to go to creationist websites (albeit not the big bang creationists of modern mythology) just to get a straight answer on Uranus and Neptune's formation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmNe...w&spfreload=10
Instead of wasting people's time with silly videos state your "theory" clearly and with citations of supporting evidence.
__________________
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2015, 08:35 AM   #192
jeffreyw
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Posts: 275
Do Neptune and Uranus Exist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmNec3VdZqw

Creationists tell the truth! Go figure!
__________________
Planets are not formed from disks, that would be in violation of the conservation of angular momentum.

A "planet" is just an ancient star. They were never mutually exclusive.

http://vixra.org/abs/1205.0107
jeffreyw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2015, 08:58 AM   #193
Nonpareil
The Terrible Trivium
 
Nonpareil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nethescurial
Posts: 7,996
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmNec3VdZqw

Creationists tell the truth! Go figure!
Originally Posted by That Video
Psst... astronomers who model the formation of the solar system have a dirty little secret: Uranus and Neptune don't exist.
I'm afraid that we have conclusive proof that Uranus and Neptune exist, jeffrey.

My sides are currently orbiting them.
__________________
"The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly worth the effort."
- Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
Nonpareil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2015, 09:11 AM   #194
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,842
My kids watched some TV when they were very young, but by age 5 they were learning to interpret printed words and letters and, after that, got most of their information by reading. This was especially true for how they acquired scientific facts. Perhaps jeffreyw could present the evidence for his theories in writing, at least for them (and for us)?
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2015, 09:13 AM   #195
jeffreyw
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Cocoa Beach, FL
Posts: 275
Is the Sun a Perpetual Energy Machine?

I'll show my viewers that one simple dire mistake was made in the equations of stellar structure of the Sun, which in essence makes the Sun a perpetual energy machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6fGZ0aS7Ik

They assume too much to force fit math equations. (Shhhh some mathematicians might what to argue that point so be careful.)
__________________
Planets are not formed from disks, that would be in violation of the conservation of angular momentum.

A "planet" is just an ancient star. They were never mutually exclusive.

http://vixra.org/abs/1205.0107
jeffreyw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2015, 09:35 AM   #196
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,842
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
I'll show my viewers that one simple dire mistake was made in the equations of stellar structure of the Sun, which in essence makes the Sun a perpetual energy machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6fGZ0aS7Ik

They assume too much to force fit math equations. (Shhhh some mathematicians might what to argue that point so be careful.)
Another youtube? Can you provide any evidence in writing?
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2015, 09:58 AM   #197
Nonpareil
The Terrible Trivium
 
Nonpareil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nethescurial
Posts: 7,996
Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Another youtube? Can you provide any evidence in writing?
The funniest thing about all of this? It's not even original content. It's literally just him opening up various "creation science" web pages and reading them aloud.

Jeffrey, you beautiful man. Never change.
__________________
"The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly worth the effort."
- Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
Nonpareil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2015, 01:35 PM   #198
Kid Eager
Philosopher
 
Kid Eager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,138
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
I'll show my viewers that one simple dire mistake was made in the equations of stellar structure of the Sun, which in essence makes the Sun a perpetual energy machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6fGZ0aS7Ik

They assume too much to force fit math equations. (Shhhh some mathematicians might what to argue that point so be careful.)
Both unoriginal AND wrong!

Just as well we've got some watchdog non-mathematicians around to show us where those pesky mathematicians got it wrong - all without using any actual math....

I'm going to go down to my local hosptial and tell the naughty surgeons where their surgical technique is lacking, by using Play-Doh.
__________________
What do Narwhals, Magnets and Apollo 13 have in common? Think about it....

Last edited by Kid Eager; 17th January 2015 at 01:36 PM.
Kid Eager is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2015, 07:04 AM   #199
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 15,387
Originally Posted by jeffreyw View Post
I'll show my viewers that one simple dire mistake was made in the equations of stellar structure of the Sun, which in essence makes the Sun a perpetual energy machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6fGZ0aS7Ik

They assume too much to force fit math equations. (Shhhh some mathematicians might what to argue that point so be careful.)
What's a "dorf"? Or an "orange dorf" even?

What does "thermonamic" mean?

What does "equilum" mean?

How much did the narrator have to drink before recording this video?

How much did you pay him?

What was the intention behind having a clearly inebriated individual narrate your video?

Was the incoherence an intentional part of the script provided to the narrator or an unintentional result of the narrators obvious intoxication?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th January 2015, 08:59 AM   #200
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing
 
Gord_in_Toronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,647
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
What's a "dorf"? Or an "orange dorf" even?

What does "thermonamic" mean?

What does "equilum" mean?

How much did the narrator have to drink before recording this video?

How much did you pay him?

What was the intention behind having a clearly inebriated individual narrate your video?

Was the incoherence an intentional part of the script provided to the narrator or an unintentional result of the narrators obvious intoxication?
You mean you actually watched the video?

You are a much, much better person than I am.
__________________
"Reality is what's left when you cease to believe." Philip K. Dick
Gord_in_Toronto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.