ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags mormonism

Reply
Old 29th March 2017, 09:56 PM   #1
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Using TOBS to Get Relief from Chronic Pain / Q&A

Refer to my former thread in this forum entitled "Can TOBS Defeat Radical Islamic Terrorists?" for the explanation of what TOBS (the Theory of Body Signals) is. Briefly, God communicates with us, his children, in many different ways. These include the scriptures, prophets, prayer, the Holy Ghost, etc.

I have discovered that God has another subtle method of letting us know his will. TOBS manifests as itches, muscular twitches, pains and cramps. See the former thread for a more complete discussion of this phenomenon as it relates to getting radical Islamists to stop justifying jihads.

Sometimes we are confused, uncertain, mistaken, or in error about spiritual truths, and God teaches us through the body signal system how to correct our mistakes.

An example: Sven has been in a quandary about how to discipline his unruly child. Whenever he loses patience and threatens to spank her, Sven gets a muscular twitch on his left arm. If Sven repeatedly swats his child in an impatient manner and develops a pattern of child abuse, he will get pains in his left shoulder blade, and possibly his left leg and other places. After a while he starts to justify his abuse, and the BS's get more and more painful and persistent.

So how does TOBS get Sven out of pain and back on track? There are no easy answers for him--Jesus said that he who offends a little one would be better off with a millstone tied around his neck and dropped into the sea. So Sven must repent of his abuse and endure the consequences of his actions. As he repents over time, the BS's will guide him and get his life turned around. Understanding how God's Justice, Mercy and grace work is fundamental to getting relief from chronic pain and ultimately forgiveness of our sins.

Any questions or comments?

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2017, 10:47 PM   #2
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,270
No, Just no.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
----------------------------------------------
Proud woo denier
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2017, 10:53 PM   #3
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 19,322
I wonder if TOBS can be used to diagnose mental illness? It seems to be the answer to everything else according to its inventor, so why not?
__________________
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2017, 11:23 PM   #4
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeBentley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 7,541
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
I wonder if TOBS can be used to diagnose mental illness?
Yeah ask people if they believe it works. Probably a pretty good indicator.
__________________
Hemingway once wrote that "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
JoeBentley is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2017, 11:28 PM   #5
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,699
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post

An example: Sven has been in a quandary about how to discipline his unruly child. Whenever he loses patience and threatens to spank her, Sven gets a muscular twitch on his left arm. If Sven repeatedly swats his child in an impatient manner and develops a pattern of child abuse, he will get pains in his left shoulder blade, and possibly his left leg and other places. After a while he starts to justify his abuse, and the BS's get more and more painful and persistent.

So how does TOBS get Sven out of pain and back on track? There are no easy answers for him--Jesus said that he who offends a little one would be better off with a millstone tied around his neck and dropped into the sea. So Sven must repent of his abuse and endure the consequences of his actions. As he repents over time, the BS's will guide him and get his life turned around. Understanding how God's Justice, Mercy and grace work is fundamental to getting relief from chronic pain and ultimately forgiveness of our sins.

Any questions or comments?

bb
Yes. Can you get Sven to join the forum, so we can ask him directly about how this god of yours is communicating with him via muscular twitches?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2017, 11:37 PM   #6
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,989
BS is an apt abbreviation.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2017, 11:46 PM   #7
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Yes. Can you get Sven to join the forum, so we can ask him directly about how this god of yours is communicating with him via muscular twitches?
Sven is a fictional construct. I'm extrapolating the BS's he is likely to incur (greatly simplified for clarity).

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2017, 11:51 PM   #8
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 19,322
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
Sven is a fictional construct. I'm extrapolating the BS's he is likely to incur (greatly simplified for clarity) making up **** to support my nonsensical theory........
FTFY
__________________
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2017, 11:59 PM   #9
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
FTFY
What specifically is nonsensical about TOBS?

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:05 AM   #10
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 19,322
Any claim of a link between skin itches and muscle twitches on one hand and god/s is nonsensical unproven bilge. Any claim of a link between god/s and individual health is nonsensical unproven makie-uppie bilge. Skin itches and muscle twitches are nothing more than skin itches and muscle twitches, and the fact that you are the only one of the 7 billion people on the planet who thinks otherwise should tell you and everyone else all that one needs to know about the sheer bollocks that is you ludicrous claim.

Does that help?
__________________
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:10 AM   #11
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Any claim of a link between skin itches and muscle twitches on one hand and god/s is nonsensical unproven bilge. Any claim of a link between god/s and individual health is nonsensical unproven makie-uppie bilge. Skin itches and muscle twitches are nothing more than skin itches and muscle twitches, and the fact that you are the only one of the 7 billion people on the planet who thinks otherwise should tell you and everyone else all that one needs to know about the sheer bollocks that is you ludicrous claim.

Does that help?
Why don't you think that an all-powerful God can make a muscle twitch?

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:21 AM   #12
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 19,322
An all powerful god doesn't exist. No gods exist. If gods did exist, any god that was only able to communicate by making muscles twitch in such a way that only one person in all human history was able to receive the message is too pathetic and puny a power to be bothered with.
__________________
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:23 AM   #13
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeBentley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 7,541
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
Why don't you think that an all-powerful God can make a muscle twitch?
1. No because I don't think there is a God.

2. No because why would he need to? Why would the all-powerful God need such a convoluted process? Why would the all-powerful God need "processes" at all?
__________________
Hemingway once wrote that "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
JoeBentley is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:32 AM   #14
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi
 
Hlafordlaes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: State of Flux
Posts: 5,670
Neuropathy has often been confused with witchcraft and voodoo, as the sudden pains are hard to explain and often feel like someone is stabbing you with a pin or knife, or burning with a match. Luckily, today we have science.

Nothing to see here.
__________________
Driftwood on an empty shore of the sea of meaninglessness. Irrelevant, weightless, inconsequential moment of existential hubris on the fast track to oblivion. Spends that time videogaming.
Hlafordlaes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:37 AM   #15
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,989
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
Why don't you think that an all-powerful God can make a muscle twitch?

bb
If he's all-powerful, he could also NOT do it. You don't need evidence that he could, you need evidence that he IS doing it.

Your story in the OP is just that, a story. It has no basis in reality.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:40 AM   #16
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
An all powerful god doesn't exist. No gods exist.
bollocks, just your unproven opinion

Quote:
If gods did exist, any god that was only able to communicate by making muscles twitch in such a way that only one person in all human history was able to receive the message is too pathetic and puny a power to be bothered with.
straw man, I never said God's only way of communicating was the body signals. By small and simple means, great things are brought to pass.

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:42 AM   #17
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,699
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
Sven is a fictional construct. I'm extrapolating the BS's he is likely to incur (greatly simplified for clarity).

bb
So you're using made-up evidence to support your theory about how a made-up god is communicating with a made-up person. On a skeptics forum.

Is this an approach you think is likely to be successful for you?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:43 AM   #18
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by JoeBentley View Post
1. No because I don't think there is a God.

2. No because why would he need to? Why would the all-powerful God need such a convoluted process? Why would the all-powerful God need "processes" at all?
It isn't convoluted; it's quite simple.

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:46 AM   #19
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi
 
Hlafordlaes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: State of Flux
Posts: 5,670
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
bollocks, just your unproven opinion



straw man, I never said God's only way of communicating was the body signals. By small and simple means, great things are brought to pass.

bb
Stop right there. Prior to debating proof, please state what you consider proof to be. What method of proof are you advocating for considering the affirmation of the existence of God a truth statement?
__________________
Driftwood on an empty shore of the sea of meaninglessness. Irrelevant, weightless, inconsequential moment of existential hubris on the fast track to oblivion. Spends that time videogaming.
Hlafordlaes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:47 AM   #20
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
So you're using made-up evidence to support your theory about how a made-up god is communicating with a made-up person. On a skeptics forum.

Is this an approach you think is likely to be successful for you?
Predicted case studies are useful in explaining an unfamiliar process.

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:50 AM   #21
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,989
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
Predicted case studies are useful in explaining an unfamiliar process.

bb
No.
Actual case studies are useful. Made up stories full of 'what ifs' are not.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:52 AM   #22
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by Hlafordlaes View Post
Stop right there. Prior to debating proof, please state what you consider proof to be. What method of proof are you advocating for considering the affirmation of the existence of God a truth statement?
MikeG is the person making the assertion that there is no God. I'm merely asking him to prove this. The burden of proof is on him.

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:54 AM   #23
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
No.
Actual case studies are useful. Made up stories full of 'what ifs' are not.
Made-up stories are good for teaching children and atheists ....

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:56 AM   #24
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 1,699
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
Predicted case studies are useful in explaining an unfamiliar process.

bb
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
MikeG is the person making the assertion that there is no God. I'm merely asking him to prove this. The burden of proof is on him.

bb
Would it be OK with you if MikeG used made-up evidence to support his claim?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:57 AM   #25
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeBentley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 7,541
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
MikeG is the person making the assertion that there is no God. I'm merely asking him to prove this. The burden of proof is on him.
*Shrugs* A bunch of random muscle twitches told him.
__________________
Hemingway once wrote that "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
JoeBentley is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 12:59 AM   #26
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Would it be OK with you if MikeG used made-up evidence to support his claim?
sure

ETA: it probably wouldn't convince me, but it would give me something to pick apart.

bb

Last edited by Billy Baxter; 30th March 2017 at 01:18 AM.
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 01:18 AM   #27
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by JoeBentley View Post
*Shrugs* A bunch of random muscle twitches told him.
lol straw man

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 01:55 AM   #28
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Anyway, I know how to stop virtually any pain that is manifesting as a body signal--if not permanently, then at least temporarily.

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 02:14 AM   #29
fagin
Illuminator
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 4,366
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
MikeG is the person making the assertion that there is no God. I'm merely asking him to prove this. The burden of proof is on him.

bb
I said jesus *********** christ out loud, which I believe is a 'sin' and wasn't struck by holy lightning, so that's enough proof for me.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 02:14 AM   #30
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 15,962
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
Why don't you think that an all-powerful God can make a muscle twitch?

bb
a: The bible explicitly teaches that your god is not all powerful
b: There is no evidence that any such entity exists.

Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
Anyway, I know how to stop virtually any pain that is manifesting as a body signal--if not permanently, then at least temporarily.

bb
Pain has a vital function. Leprosy causes the loss of fingers, toes, etc. Not because the disease itself makes that happen, but because the loss of a sense of pain in the extremities causes an unawareness of injuries received.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 02:38 AM   #31
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
A couple of examples:

1. Griff has a stiffness and a pain constantly in his neck, and it's driving him crazy. If Griff understood the gospel of Jesus Christ and how TOBS works with it, he could be free of the pain in a relatively quick period of time. It would take repentance and obedience to the gospel's commandments. It might not be easy, but it would be worth it. Griff repents of his sins and the pain eventually goes away.

2. Susan has awful pain in her right knee, and it keeps her up at night. According to TOBS, the knee symbolizes intentions, so by figuring out what intention she has that is causing this body signal to manifest, she fulfills it and the pain soon goes away. She also must repent to gain forgiveness and an end to pain.

...and so on.

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 02:45 AM   #32
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,332
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
A couple of examples:

1. Griff has a stiffness and a pain constantly in his neck, and it's driving him crazy. If Griff understood the gospel of Jesus Christ and how TOBS works with it, he could be free of the pain in a relatively quick period of time. It would take repentance and obedience to the gospel's commandments. It might not be easy, but it would be worth it. Griff repents of his sins and the pain eventually goes away.

2. Susan has awful pain in her right knee, and it keeps her up at night. According to TOBS, the knee symbolizes intentions, so by figuring out what intention she has that is causing this body signal to manifest, she fulfills it and the pain soon goes away. She also must repent to gain forgiveness and an end to pain.

...and so on.

bb
Have you done the experiment discussed in the last thread yet?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 02:51 AM   #33
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
a: The bible explicitly teaches that your god is not all powerful
b: There is no evidence that any such entity exists.
Can you prove conclusively that God doesn't exist?

Quote:
Pain has a vital function. Leprosy causes the loss of fingers, toes, etc. Not because the disease itself makes that happen, but because the loss of a sense of pain in the extremities causes an unawareness of injuries received.
Pain is also a motivation to repent, although other motivators are better (such as love for God and for others, duty, a good cause, etc.)

bb

Last edited by Billy Baxter; 30th March 2017 at 02:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 02:52 AM   #34
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Have you done the experiment discussed in the last thread yet?
no, I have no one to do it with.

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 02:53 AM   #35
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,332
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
no, I have no one to do it with.

bb
Then why are you here talking about this?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 02:53 AM   #36
Porpoise of Life
Master Poster
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,989
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
A couple of examples:

1. Griff has a stiffness and a pain constantly in his neck, and it's driving him crazy. If Griff understood the gospel of Jesus Christ and how TOBS works with it, he could be free of the pain in a relatively quick period of time. It would take repentance and obedience to the gospel's commandments. It might not be easy, but it would be worth it. Griff repents of his sins and the pain eventually goes away.

2. Susan has awful pain in her right knee, and it keeps her up at night. According to TOBS, the knee symbolizes intentions, so by figuring out what intention she has that is causing this body signal to manifest, she fulfills it and the pain soon goes away. She also must repent to gain forgiveness and an end to pain.

...and so on.

bb
Those aren't examples. Those are things you made up. There is no Griff and there is no Susan. You are not describing cases, you are making up stories.

If that's the standard of evidence you require I'll prove you wrong right now:

Griff has a stiffness and a pain constantly in his neck, and it's driving him crazy. If Griff understood the gospel of Jesus Christ and how TOBS works with it, nothing would change. There is nothing in the Gospel about pain management and TOBS is nonsense. It might not be easy, but it would be worth it. Griff visits a doctor because there's no such thing as sin, and there is nothing in the Bible about sin producing cramps, making believers in TOBS heretics who would burn in Hell if Hell were real.

BOOM, no TOBS. My 'predicted anecdote' beats yours. Why, you ask? Well, I've got an anecdote that proves it.

Also, Harry Potter is evidence that wizards exist.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 02:57 AM   #37
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Then why are you here talking about this?
I want to contribute my part to society.

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 02:57 AM   #38
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,332
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
I want to contribute my part to society.

bb
Through dishonesty?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 03:00 AM   #39
Billy Baxter
Muse
 
Billy Baxter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 706
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Those aren't examples. Those are things you made up. There is no Griff and there is no Susan. You are not describing cases, you are making up stories.

If that's the standard of evidence you require I'll prove you wrong right now:

Griff has a stiffness and a pain constantly in his neck, and it's driving him crazy. If Griff understood the gospel of Jesus Christ and how TOBS works with it, nothing would change. There is nothing in the Gospel about pain management and TOBS is nonsense. It might not be easy, but it would be worth it. Griff visits a doctor because there's no such thing as sin, and there is nothing in the Bible about sin producing cramps, making believers in TOBS heretics who would burn in Hell if Hell were real.

BOOM, no TOBS. My 'predicted anecdote' beats yours. Why, you ask? Well, I've got an anecdote that proves it.

Also, Harry Potter is evidence that wizards exist.
My anecdotes aren't meant to prove anything, but to illustrate a point.

don't you be dissin harry potter!

bb
Billy Baxter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 03:02 AM   #40
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,332
Originally Posted by Billy Baxter View Post
My anecdotes aren't meant to prove anything, but to illustrate a point.

don't you be dissin harry potter!

bb
I think he was "dissin" you.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:51 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.