ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 26th April 2017, 12:27 AM   #361
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 20,403
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Have you seen God.........
No one has. It's a figment of the imagination of some Arab goat herders in the bronze age middle east.
__________________
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 12:30 AM   #362
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Which one is the real one? This is a rhetorical question, We all know it's FSM.
You mean . . . you . . .as for "we all" . . .obviously a mistake from your side . . .but do not worry . . .God died for your sins so that we all that believe that can forgive you . . together with Him . . .and accept you with us . . .the forgiving ones. We . . . .the helping ones . . including also God obviously . . .will just help you with your mistakes. Thus you will grow . .into Gods life . . . and become more and more Him . . .till you can look Him in the eyes . . .fully grown.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 12:33 AM   #363
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Mangled the quote function again did we?
yep . . .but . . .feels good to see that you see. Love in action. To see and understand and not condemn for trying and falling. But sticking out a helping hand . . .as God is helper.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 12:36 AM   #364
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
God is a concept by which we measure our pain
Too you . . but to me . .. my Father.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 12:41 AM   #365
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
That's what I said.
Every theist in history has "known" that their god existed, and yet you'd agree that they were all wrong except those who worshipped your god...
no I would not as they were not wrong. They were growing . . .to understand better.


Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
how do you know that they're wrong and you're right if your method is the exact same as theirs?
My method is not to know . . .but to be.
and I am here for you to see . . . me.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 12:43 AM   #366
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
My God just kicked the ass of your God.

Therefore, my God is a better god than your God.
Nope my God turns the other cheek . . . so tell your god he can kick again.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 12:53 AM   #367
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
To me this always poses a contradiction.

A truly loving god would not need a religion, after all, it would love it's creation and therefore anything we do is good and thus there is no need for any of the trappings of the many earthly religions.
So if you truly believe god is good and loving, there is no need to preach, no need to convert, no need to convince and certainly no need to proscribe things, as god loves all.

On the other hand, the 'love' described in the torah, bible and koran (and maybe other religions, but I don't know those that well), to me always comes across as the love of an abusive, drunk parent. Sure, that parent loves you, provided you follow all the rules and meekly accept getting beaten if she/he is drunk and angry so they can forgive you for bruising their fists the next day. And those that preach this 'love' always come across as the older siblings that have just accepted this state of being and now tell the rest how to get beaten as little as possible.
Well said . . .my Father has no rules and no religion . . .and therefor we cannot do anything wrong. But for others He did create direction . . . for those rejecting Him as Father to know something of living correctly. Those that preach like that obviously are those that has not accepted Him as Father and are guided by the other way of . . . .putting your hand in a fire . . feel the burn . .and keep away from the fire. . . .but there was a law that told them not to put their hand in the fire in the first place.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 01:00 AM   #368
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Ah, it's a classic:

http://i.imgur.com/zsH6T1D.jpg
Well actually God did not sent his son to die while He was enjoying life. He died himself.

And He did die for you to have a better life. But if you do not want it . . sure you can stay in your bad one . . .which compared to His good one is hell.

So it is not what is said in the picture . . that something worse will happen if you do not open . . .nope . . .everything will just stay the same . . .for you.

No force . . you choose.

But for you to be able to choose . . .there has to be two options . . and for two options there has to be someone that tell you about the other option.

So if you want to be wise . . .listen carefully to the second option.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 01:38 AM   #369
fagin
Illuminator
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 4,850
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
.....
http://johanabrahams.pnyhost.com/New%20Revelations.html
(Go there to Worthy Christian Forums - the latest one and the best captured by me)
Finally, the point.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 01:42 AM   #370
Thor 2
Master Poster
 
Thor 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Brisbane, Aust.
Posts: 2,958
Is there ever going to be and end to this drivel?

Seven posts in a row ending in "Love Johan" but non of them addressing questions put.

Just a load of meaningless preaching.
__________________
There are billions of gods. One or more in the mind of every theist.
Thor 2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 01:44 AM   #371
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 20,403
About 20 unanswered posts, too. When does this count as "flooding"?
__________________
The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place. The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 02:04 AM   #372
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Maff(ia) love.
Glad you can see it . . . .that is not the real Jesus.
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 02:09 AM   #373
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
In her fantastic monologue "Letting Go Of God" about her journey from devoted Catholic to atheist, Julia Sweeney says that while she was in the middle of having her doubts she started to think for the first time about Jesus atoning for everybody's sins and it occurred to her that a lot of people on Earth have suffered a lot more than he did - she cites her brother's long battle with cancer. She came to the conclusion that Jesus "had a bad weekend for our sins".
Well we were not there . . . but if she was speaking about what we read about it in the Bible . . .then obviously that can not be described as " a bad weekend"
But that is what "doubt" do . . .and we have all experienced "doubt" . .. but do not worry . . God does not doubt . . .He is the solution to that bad experience which even attack your thinking capabilities it seems.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 02:18 AM   #374
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by fagin View Post
I'm sure I saw a documentary recently with him doing a bit of fighting. It was called Thor if you're interested.
Nope . . that is another one. . . . one of those humans created

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
According to this he was a bit of a knob.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon

Managed to wreck the whole kingdom? Sounds like his ability to judge was a bit rubbish, quite frankly.
But you missed the very important fact stated there . . .that it was after he turned his back on the God who gave him his gift. But do not worry . . .God will not judge you for it as He died for your lack of "seeing" and therefor you are forgiven. But I am helper as God is my Father and Helper . . .and will open your eyes . . .by the gift of Jesus.

Love Johan

Last edited by Johanabrahams; 26th April 2017 at 02:19 AM. Reason: messed up the quotation funktion
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 02:22 AM   #375
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
I asked you to make sense and you throw a self-contradictory post at me.

If humans are doing it, then they have the ability to do so.
nope they do not have the ability . . .because if you have it you will not make mistakes. They try because the have heard about it. . . and saw it being done. But how it really works . . .they do not know.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 02:32 AM   #376
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
But that's not what you said earlier, was it?
Give me a link.

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
And what did you actually say here anyway? To say God does not fight is to say nothing except that God is God. A god that can destroy cities and cause plagues and flood the earth does not need to fight, of course.
yep . . God is God . . .well said.

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
And if there's only one god, then obviously he does not have to fight his equals, for there are none.
yep . . .good seeing.

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
When I spray a hornets' nest with insecticide I'm not exactly fighting either, but that does not make me the good guy (at least from a hornet's standpoint).
yep ... there are two sides to the story.

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
And by the way, not to be too nitpicky, but the singular of "species" is "species."
Thanks . . .learning English is not a bad idea. . .but I agree with you . . .it is not that important and you could have skipped it as it is not too important for the understanding of what I am trying to bring. But as you are "helper" (helping me with quotes and English)you are welcome.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 02:34 AM   #377
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
The Bible is not a history book.
Interesting . . .I would like to see your argument.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 02:37 AM   #378
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Well, you are quite wrong.

Humans do have an excellent ability to judge and that is a big part of the reason why you are able to say otherwise now.
You are welcome to think you are "excellent" in it . . can you give me perhaps an example . . .

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 02:43 AM   #379
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
He was a human. Therefore humans have that ability.
you missed the fact that I said . . .it was given him as a gift from God. Meaning he didn't have it.

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Second contradiction.
Because you missed a very important fact you judge wrongly given evidence to your inability to judge.

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
In fact, I'd say, based on your "history book" (snicker) that humans are actually better at judgment than god.
Tell us more.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 02:48 AM   #380
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
As an opening bid, you have failed to demonstrate that "every specie[sic]" (I will be charitable, and assume you mean 'species') "fight".
Well you know about "charitable" so you have to do it . . .if you want to be "good"

So where does peace resides?

Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
Even the "specie[sic]" that do fight, only have the capacity for "fighting" because they do, in fact, demonstrably exist.
yep

Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
Whether you believe your 'god' "fights" is immaterial, unless and until you demonstrate, with concrete, practical, testable, objective, non-anecdotal evidence, that your 'god' actually exists.
I am here . . .and I exist . . .

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 02:50 AM   #381
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
If you think you've given any sort of argument or reason to believe in god, then you have no idea what those words mean.
Well . . as you obviously knows . . tell us.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 02:51 AM   #382
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
You have yet to post a single thing that might even charitably be considered objective, non-anecdotal, empirical evidence for the existence of your 'god'...
here I am.
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 02:56 AM   #383
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Incest? The bible is full of it.

But happily something I've managed to avoid, being a godless atheist.
Actually I am speaking about the correct one . . .and you missed it. But do not worry . . as I said already . . .human beings cannot judge and your misjudgment is forgiven because God died for your sins. But I am here to help you as God is helper . .and so am I - like Father like child.

Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 03:00 AM   #384
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 9,849
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Interesting . . .I would like to see your argument.
The Bible is a collection of stories by many authors. Some are a reasonably accurate account of actual events, some are a very distorted and inaccurate account of actual events, and many are pure myth. Some of the stories are directly contradicted by archaeological evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_the_Bible
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 03:00 AM   #385
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Oh shucks!

I thought that you were speaking of "hot monkey love".
Why do you "snip" my post. Because when you do it . . it is not mine anymore . . but yours . . .wrong judgment again . .. .but as I said already human beings cannot judge . . .only God . . .but you are forgiven as God died for your sins and therefor I do not need to be angry, irritated or anything human beings suffer off because of their lack of ability to forgive.

As for "hot money love" . . no problem. You are a human being. They do not see. Jesus has to open their eyes first.


Love Johan
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 03:45 AM   #386
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy
 
Slowvehicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Posts: 17,348
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Only once.
Your demonstrated practice denies this.

Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
you made a mistake . . .but do not worry . . .God died for your mistakes . . so that I can accept it and correct you . . .with the evidence of the opposite.
Here, you would need to define, and demonstrate, the "mistake" you claim I have made before you could honestly claim to be "correcting" it. Further, you would need to demonstrate the mere existence of this 'god' of yours before you might honestly claim that it died for my mistakes.

I eagerly await your doing so.

Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
well it should not be a problem . . .as lack of understanding has an obvious remedy.

Love Johan
The "obvious remedy" for your lack of understanding of the meaning of the word, "screed" (as with your lack of understanding of the meaning of the word, "superstition") is for you to understand how, and why, the words are being used. That is a remedy you, and only you, can undertake.
__________________
"They want to make their molehills equal to the mountains by cutting the mountains down." -turingtest
"The universe did not come from nothing, it came from 'We don't know'." -Dancing David
"Cry, booga, booga, booga! and let slip the Hamsters of Silly!" -JFDHintze
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 03:50 AM   #387
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy
 
Slowvehicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Posts: 17,348
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
You should allow me to finish my argument . . .only then can you judge it. Speaking before that will have you blunder like you did. . .But do not worry . . God died for all your blunders . . .so no problem . .that is to me . . I will just help you with it . . .as God is helper.

Love Johan
You continue to make unsupported assertions about the behaviour (and nature) of a 'god', for the existence of which you have offered not the least bit of evidence.

When do you intend to offer actual, practical, empirical, objective, non-anecdotal, testable evidence for the mere existence (to say nothing of the puissance) of this 'god' of yours?
__________________
"They want to make their molehills equal to the mountains by cutting the mountains down." -turingtest
"The universe did not come from nothing, it came from 'We don't know'." -Dancing David
"Cry, booga, booga, booga! and let slip the Hamsters of Silly!" -JFDHintze
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 03:52 AM   #388
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy
 
Slowvehicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Posts: 17,348
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
You, missing it, can not judge it . . but do not worry . . God died for your sins so that I can forgive you . . .and obviously Him too. You are forgiven!

Love Johan
You continue to make assertions about the actions and nature of a 'god' for which you continue to fail to offer the least bit of evidence.

When do you intend to rectify this omission?

Save your "forgiveness", and make with the evidence instead.
__________________
"They want to make their molehills equal to the mountains by cutting the mountains down." -turingtest
"The universe did not come from nothing, it came from 'We don't know'." -Dancing David
"Cry, booga, booga, booga! and let slip the Hamsters of Silly!" -JFDHintze
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 03:54 AM   #389
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy
 
Slowvehicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Posts: 17,348
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Have you seen God fighting?

Love Johan
This is a false dichotomy.

Further, one cannot "see" something that has not been demonstrated to exist failing to do something...
__________________
"They want to make their molehills equal to the mountains by cutting the mountains down." -turingtest
"The universe did not come from nothing, it came from 'We don't know'." -Dancing David
"Cry, booga, booga, booga! and let slip the Hamsters of Silly!" -JFDHintze
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 03:59 AM   #390
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy
 
Slowvehicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Posts: 17,348
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Interesting . . .I would like to see your argument.

Love Johan
1. There is no independent evidence of the "exodus" story--history does not record that Egypt was ever raped and plundered as the "bible" claims.

2. There is no evidence at all for the "flood" story, a tale about a cataclysm that would, had it have happened, inevitable have left a flood of evidences.

3. There is no independent historical record of the "conquest" of Canaan.

4. There is no independent historical record of the events of the "nativity" (including, for instance, the "Slaughter of the Innocents".

...and so forth. The "bible" cannot, in any way, be said to be an historically accurate record.
__________________
"They want to make their molehills equal to the mountains by cutting the mountains down." -turingtest
"The universe did not come from nothing, it came from 'We don't know'." -Dancing David
"Cry, booga, booga, booga! and let slip the Hamsters of Silly!" -JFDHintze
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 04:10 AM   #391
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy
 
Slowvehicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Posts: 17,348
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Well you know about "charitable" so you have to do it . . .if you want to be "good"

So where does peace resides?

yep

I am here . . .and I exist . . .

Love Johan
You have failed even to address, much less answer, the question. How can such a dishonest evasion be considered an act of "love"?
__________________
"They want to make their molehills equal to the mountains by cutting the mountains down." -turingtest
"The universe did not come from nothing, it came from 'We don't know'." -Dancing David
"Cry, booga, booga, booga! and let slip the Hamsters of Silly!" -JFDHintze
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 04:12 AM   #392
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy
 
Slowvehicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Posts: 17,348
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
here I am.
In what way does this comprise actual, practical, empirical, non-anecdotal, objective evidence for the existence (to say nothing of the puissance) of the 'god' of which you prattle?
__________________
"They want to make their molehills equal to the mountains by cutting the mountains down." -turingtest
"The universe did not come from nothing, it came from 'We don't know'." -Dancing David
"Cry, booga, booga, booga! and let slip the Hamsters of Silly!" -JFDHintze
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 04:26 AM   #393
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 68,333
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
To whom is interested.
I'm very interested. The prospect of living forever is very appealing.

Quote:
Firstly . . brother because the God of love included everyone . . .yep . . you too . . .but do not worry . . .you can exclude yourself.
Are you now trying to present evidence for god? Because this isn't it.

Your post is just a long love letter to the sky daddy. If you want to convince me, and you should, given the stakes, you'll have to tell me something I've never heard before, because I heard it all and there's nothing that points to the existence of any god, or the supernatural, so far.

Quote:
Ok . .I have started . . .but obviously there are lots more but not wanting to give too much again . . .
You really haven't.

Tell you what, start with this: present one thing in our reality that CANNOT be explained physically; that requires supernatural intervention, and you'll have a start.
__________________
渦巻く暗雲天を殺し 現る凶事のうなりか

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 04:28 AM   #394
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 68,333
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
no I would not as they were not wrong. They were growing . . .to understand better.
They weren't wrong? The Egyptians believed in multiple gods, one of which created a whole race of men with his semen. What does it take for you to call them wrong?

Quote:
My method is not to know . . .but to be.
Twaddle.
__________________
渦巻く暗雲天を殺し 現る凶事のうなりか

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 04:30 AM   #395
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 68,333
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
you missed the fact that I said . . .it was given him as a gift from God.
So you claim, but I'm yet to see anything beyond a claim. But the point is that humans CAN do this by your own admission.

ADVICE: Please stop flooding the thread with dozens of small posts answering everybody you lay your eyes on. It disrupts the flow of the thread. Group your replies together and try not to repeat yourself.

Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
You, missing it, can not judge it . . but do not worry . . God died for your sins so that I can forgive you . . .and obviously Him too. You are forgiven!
God didn't die. Even in the story he doesn't actually die. He's immortal. He just make-believe died to convince himself to change his own rules. Does that make sense to you?
__________________
渦巻く暗雲天を殺し 現る凶事のうなりか


Last edited by Argumemnon; 26th April 2017 at 04:31 AM.
Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 06:46 AM   #396
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF
 
Shalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,016
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Ok so you created everything. Good .. .maybe you can restore for us some of the things we messed up
Sorry. Free will and all that. YOU mess up, YOU fix it. You lot are pretty good at screwing things up, but not so good at putting it all back.


Quote:
So . . .was I wrong about your thoughts?
You are wrong about a great many things.


Quote:
Yep . . .I tried and gave up . . but there were some . . .not you . . that gave me a helping hand . . .you can learn from them.

But I am not angry . . .I forgive you.

Love Johan
You may forgive me, but that's your prerogative. I gave you life and free will, and if this is how you choose to spend it, well, perhaps other people will do better.

Bacon is Love.
__________________

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 06:47 AM   #397
Argumemnon
World Maker
 
Argumemnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the thick of things
Posts: 68,333
Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
Bacon is Love.
It sure is.
__________________
渦巻く暗雲天を殺し 現る凶事のうなりか

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 06:50 AM   #398
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy
 
Slowvehicle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Posts: 17,348
Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post

Bacon is Love.
I'm a vegetarian...but I am ba-curious.
__________________
"They want to make their molehills equal to the mountains by cutting the mountains down." -turingtest
"The universe did not come from nothing, it came from 'We don't know'." -Dancing David
"Cry, booga, booga, booga! and let slip the Hamsters of Silly!" -JFDHintze
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 07:09 AM   #399
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 11,185
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
You are welcome to think you are "excellent" in it . . can you give me perhaps an example . . .

Love Johan
I provide yourself as an example of the excellent judgement of humans.

After all, it is due to the excellent judgement of humans that you are able make your various pronouncements to everyone on the Forum within seconds of making such pronouncements.
__________________
On 16 MAY 2017 Paul Bethke discussed some of the sexual prohibitions of his god regarding man-to-man sex acts and woman-to-woman sex acts: "So not only lesbian acts but also anal sex.."
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0#post11840580

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th April 2017, 07:20 AM   #400
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 21,703
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Give me a link.



yep . . God is God . . .well said.



yep . . .good seeing.



yep ... there are two sides to the story.





Thanks . . .learning English is not a bad idea. . .but I agree with you . . .it is not that important and you could have skipped it as it is not too important for the understanding of what I am trying to bring. But as you are "helper" (helping me with quotes and English)you are welcome.

Love Johan
In post 228 you state that "Only human beings fight."

In post 252 I asked when that alteration of nature had occurred.

Post 321 is the one to which you are responding now.

In post 335 you responded to my post 252 with a reply that to me makes no sense at all as it does not relate to the question asked.

In post 346 I responded to your 335.

If I were you I would not worry about my English, which is not bad, but about whether I am making sense. It is, undoubtedly, confusing and time consuming to try to respond to so many things at once. When you step into a hornets' nest, you get a lot of hornets! I think as Argumemnon suggests, you'd do better to stop and get organized, rather than trying to address all comers one at a time. That way, perhaps, you can spend more time explaining and less correcting.

edit to add: in case you had not noticed, when you use the "quote" function in a reply, the quoted message at the top includes the name of the person quoted, and a little arrow that directs you to the post that's being quoted. If you use that arrow, it takes you back, and if that post is a quoted response, you'll get another quote box with another arrow in it, and so forth. Thus, if you're ever in doubt about how a statement came to be, you can backtrack through those links. It can be time consuming, but it allows you to reconstruct a thread, and if something has gone awry or been misunderstood, it can give you an idea of where.
__________________
Sir, I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding. (Samuel Johnson)

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Last edited by bruto; 26th April 2017 at 07:25 AM.
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:41 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.