ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 16th July 2017, 08:49 AM   #881
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
More ego stroking...
You mean stroking God's ego.


Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
How about you deliver on your promise, Mr holy man?
You just do not see it. Let me enlighten you which is obviously teaching. You thought I was stroking my own ego. Now you learned it was not mine. You thought further that no human being can be "holy". You were taught by me that it is possible. Something else. What does holy mean. The undivided attention of the parents towards the kids.

Last edited by Johanabrahams; 16th July 2017 at 08:53 AM. Reason: clarify some
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 08:54 AM   #882
Zivan
Muse
 
Zivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 658
Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
Tango Sierra Foxtrot Oscar
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Interesting. Tell us more.
Interesting that a "god" does not understand what many posters write in this thread.

When you say, "Tell us more", what you mean is you have no understanding. Weird for a "god" not to understand.

Here, I will re-write it in a way you can understand:

Tango.........Sierra...

.........Foxtrot.......Oscar....

.........
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 09:30 AM   #883
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
What's the point of that nonsense?
You said that I am against the Bible. That proved that I am with it.


Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The Adam and Eve story never actually happened.
I was not going into the historical fact of existence but in the message. The message is that God is one. That is not good. Everyone wants a companion. So He created Adam to be that companion. But Adam never understood. So He provided for Adam. And He provided for Himself because after many ages some of us understand.
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 09:58 AM   #884
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Though I do miss my dead mother, I'm not looking to replace her with a penis wielding Joan Crawford.
This is not about a replacement. I had one too. She also died. And I had a father. He also died. And I had a wife. And nobody can replace them. What happens is rather an enlargement. Like when you have a brother. And then suddenly your parents tell you there is another one on its way. And the second one does not replace the first one. There is room for each. Enlargement of the heart. You will be amazed about the amount of people you can put there once you let go.
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 10:26 AM   #885
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
There is when the mother has a penis.
God is a Father. That does not bother you? Meaning children is born from Him.

https://www.christianforums.com/thre...again.7994545/

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
ETA: I mean when you're just some random guy. I'm not referring to transgender people's fitness to parent.
Seems to me that you are in a corner here. Tell us more about the difference between me and them.

-----------------------------------
Let me help you out.

There is a big difference between spiritual Life and human being life. This is because God is central there. He creates by speaking. And His children is created by speaking. There is no penis involved. In fact it became irrelevant.

God is also the Creator of the heart. And He changes it for us to be able to accept Him as Father. And then He changes it for us to be able to accept our other brothers and sisters which are also children of Him. He does with the heart what is good. So He brings about this whole new family life. We see it is good and we allow Him to do the changes.

So what I am speaking about is already manifesting. Hearts are already changing. These Words coming to you have in itself the power to do that change because it is the Words of God coming in its Creating Power. And human beings are changed into godly beings. But only those opening their hearts. This is not forced. And when it happens you will know through whom you were born again. Me and God. The Words originated from Him and was given to you by me. By us you started living in a godly Life. And you will see your Father and mother of the God species. But you will still have your father and mother of the human species. No replacement but an enlargement.
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 10:31 AM   #886
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Beady View Post
God hates God? Hoo-boy!

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Nope. I hated my human being life and allowed God to kill it and be born again as a godly being.
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 11:20 AM   #887
Johanabrahams
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 994
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
You misunderstand. You're just one of three people here from South Africa who claim to speak for a god (though points for pretending to be one, that's kind of new).
We are three here from South Africa who witness about a God. A witness is somebody that has experienced God.

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The observation was the if any of you were in direct contact with a god (none of you are but we'll let that alone for now) then only one of you can be correct because you all say different things.
So according to my experience with Him which is in line with the Bible all three of us are witnesses. We met Him. That is what a witness is. And that is the origin of your problem. You do not believe that He exists because you have not met Him. That is not proof that He does not exist. Only reason you have not met Him is because you have made up your mind that we are liars.

And we all witness the same thing. We met Him. The meeting was a pleasant one. We gave ourselves to be His children. The experience was of such magnitude that we want everyone to benefit.

Now the difference. God is the God of difference. Every tree is different. Every human being is different. And every meeting is different. What He do and say to everyone is different. So His children differ. But we love Him and we love one another and we are not a finished product yet but growing to understand and be more of the family He wants. So you see this struggle with us trying also to accept one another without letting go of our special experience with God.

So from the outside it looks as if we are not one. But I can assure you that we are. We are one family.

In growing we have to do away with our human differences while still finding the truth. So it is not easy. But to judge us from the outside is a big mistake. All you can really see is every one of us clinging to His experience of God and not easily accepting someone else and that person's experience because it differ.

We as humans growing now into gods (and I know many has a problem with saying it this way) have our human heritage clinging to us and being of a big hindrance. But we are growing and the future will show less misunderstanding and more family.

As for me I go everywhere and accepts everyone and what he/she believes. And I will go into a relationship and have interaction. Here we grow and understand more. Here also some get angry and irritated and those have to learn to overcome it and stay together. Some do it easily and some struggle. We are all of different age in God's family. Some know more and the struggle is against pride to allow those that know more to teach. This struggle is what you see and what is part of your hindrance.

But you can not throw away the child with the bath water.
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 11:33 AM   #888
PartSkeptic
Master Poster
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 2,357
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 11:44 AM   #889
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,810
Let me help you out. The spiritual life is made up. It's not real. I have no spiritual mother because there are no gods and there are no spirits in the sense you're talking about.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 11:48 AM   #890
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,810
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
You said that I am against the Bible. That proved that I am with it.




I was not going into the historical fact of existence but in the message. The message is that God is one. That is not good. Everyone wants a companion. So He created Adam to be that companion. But Adam never understood. So He provided for Adam. And He provided for Himself because after many ages some of us understand.
I've never said you were against the Bible. I claim no expertise in the Bible so I have no idea if you're in compliance with it or not. I don't particularly care if you are or not. Gods don't exist; therefore texts claiming to speak for them are unimportant.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 11:51 AM   #891
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,810
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Interesting. Tell us more.
You're the god, figure it out.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 01:03 PM   #892
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,889
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
You're the god, figure it out.
Is that not the oddest thing? Claiming to be a "god" yet requiring that simple things be explained to him/her?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 02:03 PM   #893
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,810
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Is that not the oddest thing? Claiming to be a "god" yet requiring that simple things be explained to him/her?
Well, obviously it is. I mean if you're a god or all godly, go omniscient and sort it out.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 02:43 PM   #894
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,889
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Well, obviously it is. I mean if you're a god or all godly, go omniscient and sort it out.
Well, sure. Bethke claims to be an end time prophet appointed by god, PS claims to be able to read god's mind by means of Tarot, JA claims to be god.

These are mutually exclusive claims quite obviously.

Nevertheless, our three mutually exclusive protagonists close ranks. "We are all christians" they say. Their internal squabbles may somehow be parked until the doubters are eliminated.

Does JA accept that the universe is simply a simulation? Does Bethke accept it? Nope.

Does PS accept that JA is god? Nope.

Does Bethke accept JA as his god? Nope.

I could go on, but you get the point.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 02:45 PM   #895
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 21,696
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Well, obviously it is. I mean if you're a god or all godly, go omniscient and sort it out.
But if scripture is to be trusted, it's clear that omniscience and omni this and omni that do not prevent god from being a passive aggressive dickwad, demanding that we do what is unnecessary and damning us if we get it wrong.

The poor believer runs in circles yelping and pleading and the god who has tied a firecracker to his tail laughs and laughs.
__________________
Sir, I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding. (Samuel Johnson)

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 06:31 PM   #896
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,810
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
But if scripture is to be trusted, it's clear that omniscience and omni this and omni that do not prevent god from being a passive aggressive dickwad, demanding that we do what is unnecessary and damning us if we get it wrong.

The poor believer runs in circles yelping and pleading and the god who has tied a firecracker to his tail laughs and laughs.
I wish I was a god, that would be so much fun. The tying a firecracker to a believer's tail part I mean.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 06:51 PM   #897
Beady
Philosopher
 
Beady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 42d 45'23.3"N, 84d 35' 10.8'W, 840'>MSL
Posts: 6,882
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I wish I was a god, that would be so much fun. The tying a firecracker to a believer's tail part I mean.
Hell, why tie it to his *tail*?

This signature is intended to irritate people.
__________________
I don't care what you do to the women and children,
leave me alone!
Beady is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 07:34 PM   #898
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly
 
The Norseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,893
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Well, sure. Bethke claims to be an end time prophet appointed by god, PS claims to be able to read god's mind by means of Tarot, JA claims to be god.

These are mutually exclusive claims quite obviously.

Nevertheless, our three mutually exclusive protagonists close ranks. "We are all christians" they say. Their internal squabbles may somehow be parked until the doubters are eliminated.

Does JA accept that the universe is simply a simulation? Does Bethke accept it? Nope.

Does PS accept that JA is god? Nope.

Does Bethke accept JA as his god? Nope.

I could go on, but you get the point.
Don't forget Vixen and her viewpoints as some sort of theist who has a whole 'nother set of beliefs thrown in.

What's truly sad is the stunningly blatant signs of serious mental illness and possible harm to children that is given a free pass from the rest of the god-botherers. It's all okay as long as a person says god-this, and Jesus-that. Stuff that goes way beyond the general goes-to-church-on-Sunday I-believe-I-guess standard theist; we're talking Jim Jones level potentialities here.

As long as they pretend to some level of ultra-piousness, with "praise God" on their lips, hey, it's great! They send off the truly harmful ones with a standing ovation and see nothing wrong with continuing to spread vile, harmful — evil — into the world.

It's sad. It's wrong and it's sad. It sickens me in fact.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 08:30 PM   #899
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,889
Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
Don't forget Vixen and her viewpoints as some sort of theist who has a whole 'nother set of beliefs thrown in.

What's truly sad is the stunningly blatant signs of serious mental illness and possible harm to children that is given a free pass from the rest of the god-botherers. It's all okay as long as a person says god-this, and Jesus-that. Stuff that goes way beyond the general goes-to-church-on-Sunday I-believe-I-guess standard theist; we're talking Jim Jones level potentialities here.

As long as they pretend to some level of ultra-piousness, with "praise God" on their lips, hey, it's great! They send off the truly harmful ones with a standing ovation and see nothing wrong with continuing to spread vile, harmful — evil — into the world.

It's sad. It's wrong and it's sad. It sickens me in fact.
HaHaHaHa. It would be terribly funny if it were not for the context. Abuse your children? That's OK, you are a christian and jebus forgives you.

Beat your wife? That's OK, you are a christian and jebus forgives you.

Well, no. I do not think there really is any redemption for spousal and child abuse. Such folks can go die in a fire for all I care. In the case of my own two wee daughters, I would make sure that actually happened were anything untoward to ever occur. I have a fierce loyalty to mine.

That said, there exists a subset. A small one to be sure, but it exists. This subset thinks that they can slime their way into your kids panties having found it so easy to slime their way into their own kids panties. Sure, it is grotesque. Nevertheless it exists. In fact it is one of the very few things that will invoke violence in me.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 09:08 PM   #900
Steve
Illuminator
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,039
Originally Posted by Beady View Post
God hates God? Hoo-boy!

This signature is intended to irritate people.
It's complicated.
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 10:47 PM   #901
PartSkeptic
Master Poster
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 2,357
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
(snip)"We are all christians" they say. (snip)

Fake news.

Wrong right there in the simplest of facts. I never claimed to be a Christian on this site.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 03:33 AM   #902
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,810
Originally Posted by Beady View Post
Hell, why tie it to his *tail*?

This signature is intended to irritate people.
I think it's a metaphor. You can tie it where you like.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 06:49 AM   #903
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 21,696
I find it amusing the alliances that form in a thread like this. Here we have two very religious persons posting, and one is cheering the other on, presumably because the enemy of your enemy is your friend. But under the surface, it seems likely that everything Johann believes is contrary to what PS believes, and that everything PS believes would be condescendingly dismissed in the confusing and incoherent ramblings of the other.

Aside from the obvious contemporary example of people who vote against their own interests and welfare for reasons of ideology, or who knowingly perpetuate corruption by voting for lying thieves because they're lying and thieving for the right side, I'm a bit reminded of adolescents who eagerly embrace the rantings of Ayn Rand, oblivious to the unfortunate reality that they're almost certainly the very sort who would be laughed out of the cadre of the elite, if not enslaved or shot outright.

Or for that matter, one is a reminded a little of the Tale of Jemima Puddle Duck, in which the foxy gentleman invites the naive duck to lunch - and would she be so kind as to bring some herbs and onions for the soup?
__________________
Sir, I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an understanding. (Samuel Johnson)

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 07:01 AM   #904
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,351
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Fake news.

Wrong right there in the simplest of facts. I never claimed to be a Christian on this site.
You may as well be.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
----------------------------------------------
Proud woo denier
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 07:37 AM   #905
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator
 
Porpoise of Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,253
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
You mean stroking God's ego.




You just do not see it. Let me enlighten you which is obviously teaching. You thought I was stroking my own ego. Now you learned it was not mine. You thought further that no human being can be "holy". You were taught by me that it is possible. Something else. What does holy mean. The undivided attention of the parents towards the kids.
Nope, sorry. More mental masturbation. I was not taught anything. All you have said is that you are holy and special and good and we should follow you. You have also claimed to love us like your children, but you do not know us, and you have never done anything for us. It's very easy to make grandiose claims if you never have to back them up.

That is not instruction, that is self-gratification.

You have nothing to teach. You only post vague nonsense because you have an inflated sense of self-importance.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 08:03 AM   #906
PartSkeptic
Master Poster
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 2,357
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
You may as well be.
Me: I am not an American.
You:You may as well be.

Me: I am not a Satanist
You:You may as well be.

Me: I am not an atheist.
You:You may as well be.

Me: I am not a female.
You:You may as well be.

You have the answer to everything!
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 10:48 AM   #907
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,889
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Me: I am not an American.
You:You may as well be.
Errr no. We all know you to be an amusingly superstitious saffer. So that is a strawman.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Me: I am not a Satanist
You:You may as well be.
Actually your claims align well with Satanism.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Me: I am not an atheist.
You:You may as well be.
Well that is just wrong. Atheism is pure and simply a lack of belief in a deity. We have been telling you this for ages. Still you can't figure it out.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Me: I am not a female.
You:You may as well be.
Why would gender matter a whit? Unless you are a misogynist. Are you?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
You have the answer to everything!
And there is where you diverge from science.

Science makes no claim to have the answer to everything. Indeed, science revels in the very fact that it does not have all of the answers, or even most of them.

Religion, on the other hand, claims that it does have all the answers. All of them. Forever. That is your claim and unfounded belief and faith.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 11:28 AM   #908
Zivan
Muse
 
Zivan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 658
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Fake news.

Wrong right there in the simplest of facts. I never claimed to be a Christian on this site.
You have claimed christianity is "superior" to other religions.

You have claimed the teachings of jesus are "superior".

You have claimed christian morality is superior.

You rant on about the "end times" as per christianity.

You claimed that when using a dating site you specified that any woman responding must be a christian.

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...........
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 02:28 PM   #909
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Next door to Florida Man, world's worst superhero.
Posts: 14,810
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Nope. I hated my human being life and allowed God to kill it and be born again as a godly being.
That rather proves my point. You failed at real life so you created a pretend god life.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 04:11 PM   #910
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly
 
The Norseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,893
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
HaHaHaHa. It would be terribly funny if it were not for the context. Abuse your children? That's OK, you are a christian and jebus forgives you.

Beat your wife? That's OK, you are a christian and jebus forgives you.

Well, no. I do not think there really is any redemption for spousal and child abuse. Such folks can go die in a fire for all I care. In the case of my own two wee daughters, I would make sure that actually happened were anything untoward to ever occur. I have a fierce loyalty to mine.

That said, there exists a subset. A small one to be sure, but it exists. This subset thinks that they can slime their way into your kids panties having found it so easy to slime their way into their own kids panties. Sure, it is grotesque. Nevertheless it exists. In fact it is one of the very few things that will invoke violence in me.
One daughter here, but pretty much my thoughts too.





Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Fake news.

Wrong right there in the simplest of facts. I never claimed to be a Christian on this site.
Interesting you qualify that with "...on this site." As if that matters, most especially taking the following in light:
Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
You have claimed christianity is "superior" to other religions.

You have claimed the teachings of jesus are "superior".

You have claimed christian morality is superior.

You rant on about the "end times" as per christianity.

You claimed that when using a dating site you specified that any woman responding must be a christian.

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...........
So, yeah. You're making a distinction without a difference.

I suppose if some self-proclaimed holy man molested your child, you'd probably just ignore it. After all, this is just a simulation, right? None of it's real, including a person's (or child's) suffering at the hands of the psycho-religious.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 04:25 PM   #911
Donn
Philosopher
 
Donn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In my head.
Posts: 7,687
Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
As long as they pretend to some level of ultra-piousness, with "praise God" on their lips, hey, it's great! They send off the truly harmful ones with a standing ovation and see nothing wrong with continuing to spread vile, harmful — evil — into the world.

It's sad. It's wrong and it's sad. It sickens me in fact.
Aye. Me too. I feel actual despair when I wade through the sewers of their posts.

I am here less and less often. I post fewer replies. It's getting to me.

__________________
"If I hadn't believed it with my own mind, I would never have seen it." - thanks sackett
"If you stand on a piece of paper, you are indeed closer to the moon." - MRC_Hans
"I was a believer. Until I saw it." - Magrat
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 10:11 PM   #912
PartSkeptic
Master Poster
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 2,357
Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
You have claimed christianity is "superior" to other religions.

You have claimed the teachings of jesus are "superior".

You have claimed christian morality is superior.

You rant on about the "end times" as per christianity.

You claimed that when using a dating site you specified that any woman responding must be a christian.

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...........

Because I have views on rating various religions does that make me the one I rate as best?

If I was a scientist studying ducks and rating them, and I rated geese as superior would that make me a goose?

Lots of religions have end times. I just use a word most on this site are familiar with. I have said it is not the end but a great big change.

But otherwise you are fairly accurate about my views.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 10:17 PM   #913
PartSkeptic
Master Poster
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 2,357
Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
(snip)

I suppose if some self-proclaimed holy man molested your child, you'd probably just ignore it. After all, this is just a simulation, right? None of it's real, including a person's (or child's) suffering at the hands of the psycho-religious.

I have no proof that this is a simulation/dream. Even if it is, I have a part to play. I would beat the hell out anyone who deserves it. I do not turn the other cheek despite being tolerant of others.

Because I think that we have souls that reincarnate does not mean I am indifferent to the suffering of others, unlike Hindus who seem to think that the person "earned" their suffering in a previous life.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 07:31 PM   #914
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,351
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I have no proof that this is a simulation/dream. Even if it is, I have a part to play. I would beat the hell out anyone who deserves it. I do not turn the other cheek despite being tolerant of others.

Because I think that we have souls that reincarnate does not mean I am indifferent to the suffering of others, unlike Hindus who seem to think that the person "earned" their suffering in a previous life.
In your world view suffering doesn't amount to much, Afterall if I'm feeling too much torment all I have to do is off myself and get that lucky roll and be reincarnated as a millionaire.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
----------------------------------------------
Proud woo denier
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 11:28 PM   #915
PartSkeptic
Master Poster
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 2,357
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
In your world view suffering doesn't amount to much, Afterall if I'm feeling too much torment all I have to do is off myself and get that lucky roll and be reincarnated as a millionaire.

Sorry to douse your hopes, but the Hindu random reincarnation is not logical.

As with many things in life, you have to work your way up the tree.

Besides, you are focusing only the material. Rather wish yourself reincarnated as a wise kind do-gooder.

Some suffering is good for the soul. I have had my share in this life. It gives one more empathy for others.

While I am not against suicide when one is a burden on others with no chance of change, suicide to escape suffering does not get you a better deal in the afterlife, although it may not make your chances worse.

I know this is not the Christian viewpoint, but then I am not an ardent follower of the faith.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**

Last edited by PartSkeptic; 18th July 2017 at 11:31 PM.
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2017, 12:11 AM   #916
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,351
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Sorry to douse your hopes, but the Hindu random reincarnation is not logical.

As with many things in life, you have to work your way up the tree.

Besides, you are focusing only the material. Rather wish yourself reincarnated as a wise kind do-gooder.

Some suffering is good for the soul. I have had my share in this life. It gives one more empathy for others.

While I am not against suicide when one is a burden on others with no chance of change, suicide to escape suffering does not get you a better deal in the afterlife, although it may not make your chances worse.

I know this is not the Christian viewpoint, but then I am not an ardent follower of the faith.

Lucky I'm not a Hindu but a Pastafarian which guarantees millionaire reincarnation.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
----------------------------------------------
Proud woo denier
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2017, 03:03 AM   #917
PartSkeptic
Master Poster
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 2,357
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Lucky I'm not a Hindu but a Pastafarian which guarantees millionaire reincarnation.
Do you buy your ticket with lots of money to the High Priest?
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2017, 03:39 AM   #918
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,889
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Do you buy your ticket with lots of money to the High Priest?
No, you just have to don the ceremonial colander.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2017, 05:09 AM   #919
Border Reiver
Philosopher
 
Border Reiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,072
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Sorry to douse your hopes, but the Hindu random reincarnation is not logical.

As with many things in life, you have to work your way up the tree.

Besides, you are focusing only the material. Rather wish yourself reincarnated as a wise kind do-gooder.

Some suffering is good for the soul. I have had my share in this life. It gives one more empathy for others.

While I am not against suicide when one is a burden on others with no chance of change, suicide to escape suffering does not get you a better deal in the afterlife, although it may not make your chances worse.

I know this is not the Christian viewpoint, but then I am not an ardent follower of the faith.
It's not Christian at all.
__________________
Questions, comments, queries, bitches, complaints, rude gestures and/or remarks?
Border Reiver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2017, 06:34 AM   #920
Beady
Philosopher
 
Beady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 42d 45'23.3"N, 84d 35' 10.8'W, 840'>MSL
Posts: 6,882
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Lucky I'm not a Hindu but a Pastafarian which guarantees millionaire reincarnation.
With strippers and beer!

This signature is intended to irritate people.
__________________
I don't care what you do to the women and children,
leave me alone!
Beady is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:12 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2014, TribeTech AB. All Rights Reserved.
This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.