ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 16th July 2017, 08:49 AM   #881
Johanabrahams
Banned

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
More ego stroking...
You mean stroking God's ego.

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
How about you deliver on your promise, Mr holy man?
You just do not see it. Let me enlighten you which is obviously teaching. You thought I was stroking my own ego. Now you learned it was not mine. You thought further that no human being can be "holy". You were taught by me that it is possible. Something else. What does holy mean. The undivided attention of the parents towards the kids.

Last edited by Johanabrahams; 16th July 2017 at 08:53 AM. Reason: clarify some
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 08:54 AM   #882
Zivan
Muse

Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
Tango Sierra Foxtrot Oscar
Originally Posted by Johanabrahams View Post
Interesting. Tell us more.
Interesting that a "god" does not understand what many posters write in this thread.

When you say, "Tell us more", what you mean is you have no understanding. Weird for a "god" not to understand.

Here, I will re-write it in a way you can understand:

Tango.........Sierra...

.........Foxtrot.......Oscar....

Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 09:30 AM   #883
Johanabrahams
Banned

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
What's the point of that nonsense?
You said that I am against the Bible. That proved that I am with it.

The Adam and Eve story never actually happened.
I was not going into the historical fact of existence but in the message. The message is that God is one. That is not good. Everyone wants a companion. So He created Adam to be that companion. But Adam never understood. So He provided for Adam. And He provided for Himself because after many ages some of us understand.
Johanabrahams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 09:58 AM   #884
Johanabrahams
Banned

Though I do miss my dead mother, I'm not looking to replace her with a penis wielding Joan Crawford.
This is not about a replacement. I had one too. She also died. And I had a father. He also died. And I had a wife. And nobody can replace them. What happens is rather an enlargement. Like when you have a brother. And then suddenly your parents tell you there is another one on its way. And the second one does not replace the first one. There is room for each. Enlargement of the heart. You will be amazed about the amount of people you can put there once you let go.
Old 16th July 2017, 10:26 AM   #885
Johanabrahams
Banned

There is when the mother has a penis.
God is a Father. That does not bother you? Meaning children is born from Him.

https://www.christianforums.com/thre...again.7994545/

ETA: I mean when you're just some random guy. I'm not referring to transgender people's fitness to parent.
Seems to me that you are in a corner here. Tell us more about the difference between me and them.

-----------------------------------
Let me help you out.

There is a big difference between spiritual Life and human being life. This is because God is central there. He creates by speaking. And His children is created by speaking. There is no penis involved. In fact it became irrelevant.

God is also the Creator of the heart. And He changes it for us to be able to accept Him as Father. And then He changes it for us to be able to accept our other brothers and sisters which are also children of Him. He does with the heart what is good. So He brings about this whole new family life. We see it is good and we allow Him to do the changes.

So what I am speaking about is already manifesting. Hearts are already changing. These Words coming to you have in itself the power to do that change because it is the Words of God coming in its Creating Power. And human beings are changed into godly beings. But only those opening their hearts. This is not forced. And when it happens you will know through whom you were born again. Me and God. The Words originated from Him and was given to you by me. By us you started living in a godly Life. And you will see your Father and mother of the God species. But you will still have your father and mother of the human species. No replacement but an enlargement.
Old 16th July 2017, 10:31 AM   #886
Johanabrahams
Banned

Originally Posted by Beady View Post
God hates God? Hoo-boy!

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Nope. I hated my human being life and allowed God to kill it and be born again as a godly being.
Old 16th July 2017, 11:20 AM   #887
Johanabrahams
Banned

You misunderstand. You're just one of three people here from South Africa who claim to speak for a god (though points for pretending to be one, that's kind of new).
We are three here from South Africa who witness about a God. A witness is somebody that has experienced God.

The observation was the if any of you were in direct contact with a god (none of you are but we'll let that alone for now) then only one of you can be correct because you all say different things.
So according to my experience with Him which is in line with the Bible all three of us are witnesses. We met Him. That is what a witness is. And that is the origin of your problem. You do not believe that He exists because you have not met Him. That is not proof that He does not exist. Only reason you have not met Him is because you have made up your mind that we are liars.

And we all witness the same thing. We met Him. The meeting was a pleasant one. We gave ourselves to be His children. The experience was of such magnitude that we want everyone to benefit.

Now the difference. God is the God of difference. Every tree is different. Every human being is different. And every meeting is different. What He do and say to everyone is different. So His children differ. But we love Him and we love one another and we are not a finished product yet but growing to understand and be more of the family He wants. So you see this struggle with us trying also to accept one another without letting go of our special experience with God.

So from the outside it looks as if we are not one. But I can assure you that we are. We are one family.

In growing we have to do away with our human differences while still finding the truth. So it is not easy. But to judge us from the outside is a big mistake. All you can really see is every one of us clinging to His experience of God and not easily accepting someone else and that person's experience because it differ.

We as humans growing now into gods (and I know many has a problem with saying it this way) have our human heritage clinging to us and being of a big hindrance. But we are growing and the future will show less misunderstanding and more family.

As for me I go everywhere and accepts everyone and what he/she believes. And I will go into a relationship and have interaction. Here we grow and understand more. Here also some get angry and irritated and those have to learn to overcome it and stay together. Some do it easily and some struggle. We are all of different age in God's family. Some know more and the struggle is against pride to allow those that know more to teach. This struggle is what you see and what is part of your hindrance.

But you can not throw away the child with the bath water.
Old 16th July 2017, 11:33 AM   #888
PartSkeptic
Master Poster

Old 16th July 2017, 11:44 AM   #889
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Let me help you out. The spiritual life is made up. It's not real. I have no spiritual mother because there are no gods and there are no spirits in the sense you're talking about.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 11:48 AM   #890
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

You said that I am against the Bible. That proved that I am with it.

I was not going into the historical fact of existence but in the message. The message is that God is one. That is not good. Everyone wants a companion. So He created Adam to be that companion. But Adam never understood. So He provided for Adam. And He provided for Himself because after many ages some of us understand.
I've never said you were against the Bible. I claim no expertise in the Bible so I have no idea if you're in compliance with it or not. I don't particularly care if you are or not. Gods don't exist; therefore texts claiming to speak for them are unimportant.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 11:51 AM   #891
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Interesting. Tell us more.
You're the god, figure it out.
Old 16th July 2017, 01:03 PM   #892
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

You're the god, figure it out.
Is that not the oddest thing? Claiming to be a "god" yet requiring that simple things be explained to him/her?
Old 16th July 2017, 02:03 PM   #893
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Is that not the oddest thing? Claiming to be a "god" yet requiring that simple things be explained to him/her?
Well, obviously it is. I mean if you're a god or all godly, go omniscient and sort it out.
Old 16th July 2017, 02:43 PM   #894
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Well, obviously it is. I mean if you're a god or all godly, go omniscient and sort it out.
Well, sure. Bethke claims to be an end time prophet appointed by god, PS claims to be able to read god's mind by means of Tarot, JA claims to be god.

These are mutually exclusive claims quite obviously.

Nevertheless, our three mutually exclusive protagonists close ranks. "We are all christians" they say. Their internal squabbles may somehow be parked until the doubters are eliminated.

Does JA accept that the universe is simply a simulation? Does Bethke accept it? Nope.

Does PS accept that JA is god? Nope.

Does Bethke accept JA as his god? Nope.

I could go on, but you get the point.
Old 16th July 2017, 02:45 PM   #895
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

But if scripture is to be trusted, it's clear that omniscience and omni this and omni that do not prevent god from being a passive aggressive dickwad, demanding that we do what is unnecessary and damning us if we get it wrong.

The poor believer runs in circles yelping and pleading and the god who has tied a firecracker to his tail laughs and laughs.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 06:31 PM   #896
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
But if scripture is to be trusted, it's clear that omniscience and omni this and omni that do not prevent god from being a passive aggressive dickwad, demanding that we do what is unnecessary and damning us if we get it wrong.

The poor believer runs in circles yelping and pleading and the god who has tied a firecracker to his tail laughs and laughs.
I wish I was a god, that would be so much fun. The tying a firecracker to a believer's tail part I mean.
Old 16th July 2017, 06:51 PM   #897
Beady
Philosopher

I wish I was a god, that would be so much fun. The tying a firecracker to a believer's tail part I mean.
Hell, why tie it to his *tail*?

Old 16th July 2017, 07:34 PM   #898
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Well, sure. Bethke claims to be an end time prophet appointed by god, PS claims to be able to read god's mind by means of Tarot, JA claims to be god.

These are mutually exclusive claims quite obviously.

Nevertheless, our three mutually exclusive protagonists close ranks. "We are all christians" they say. Their internal squabbles may somehow be parked until the doubters are eliminated.

Does JA accept that the universe is simply a simulation? Does Bethke accept it? Nope.

Does PS accept that JA is god? Nope.

Does Bethke accept JA as his god? Nope.

I could go on, but you get the point.
Don't forget Vixen and her viewpoints as some sort of theist who has a whole 'nother set of beliefs thrown in.

What's truly sad is the stunningly blatant signs of serious mental illness and possible harm to children that is given a free pass from the rest of the god-botherers. It's all okay as long as a person says god-this, and Jesus-that. Stuff that goes way beyond the general goes-to-church-on-Sunday I-believe-I-guess standard theist; we're talking Jim Jones level potentialities here.

As long as they pretend to some level of ultra-piousness, with "praise God" on their lips, hey, it's great! They send off the truly harmful ones with a standing ovation and see nothing wrong with continuing to spread vile, harmful — evil — into the world.

It's sad. It's wrong and it's sad. It sickens me in fact.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2017, 08:30 PM   #899
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
Don't forget Vixen and her viewpoints as some sort of theist who has a whole 'nother set of beliefs thrown in.

What's truly sad is the stunningly blatant signs of serious mental illness and possible harm to children that is given a free pass from the rest of the god-botherers. It's all okay as long as a person says god-this, and Jesus-that. Stuff that goes way beyond the general goes-to-church-on-Sunday I-believe-I-guess standard theist; we're talking Jim Jones level potentialities here.

As long as they pretend to some level of ultra-piousness, with "praise God" on their lips, hey, it's great! They send off the truly harmful ones with a standing ovation and see nothing wrong with continuing to spread vile, harmful — evil — into the world.

HaHaHaHa. It would be terribly funny if it were not for the context. Abuse your children? That's OK, you are a christian and jebus forgives you.

Beat your wife? That's OK, you are a christian and jebus forgives you.

Well, no. I do not think there really is any redemption for spousal and child abuse. Such folks can go die in a fire for all I care. In the case of my own two wee daughters, I would make sure that actually happened were anything untoward to ever occur. I have a fierce loyalty to mine.

That said, there exists a subset. A small one to be sure, but it exists. This subset thinks that they can slime their way into your kids panties having found it so easy to slime their way into their own kids panties. Sure, it is grotesque. Nevertheless it exists. In fact it is one of the very few things that will invoke violence in me.
Old 16th July 2017, 09:08 PM   #900
Steve
Illuminator

God hates God? Hoo-boy!

It's complicated.
Old 16th July 2017, 10:47 PM   #901
PartSkeptic
Master Poster

(snip)"We are all christians" they say. (snip)

Fake news.

Wrong right there in the simplest of facts. I never claimed to be a Christian on this site.
Old 17th July 2017, 03:33 AM   #902
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Hell, why tie it to his *tail*?

I think it's a metaphor. You can tie it where you like.
Old 17th July 2017, 06:49 AM   #903
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I find it amusing the alliances that form in a thread like this. Here we have two very religious persons posting, and one is cheering the other on, presumably because the enemy of your enemy is your friend. But under the surface, it seems likely that everything Johann believes is contrary to what PS believes, and that everything PS believes would be condescendingly dismissed in the confusing and incoherent ramblings of the other.

Aside from the obvious contemporary example of people who vote against their own interests and welfare for reasons of ideology, or who knowingly perpetuate corruption by voting for lying thieves because they're lying and thieving for the right side, I'm a bit reminded of adolescents who eagerly embrace the rantings of Ayn Rand, oblivious to the unfortunate reality that they're almost certainly the very sort who would be laughed out of the cadre of the elite, if not enslaved or shot outright.

Or for that matter, one is a reminded a little of the Tale of Jemima Puddle Duck, in which the foxy gentleman invites the naive duck to lunch - and would she be so kind as to bring some herbs and onions for the soup?

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 07:01 AM   #904
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Fake news.

Wrong right there in the simplest of facts. I never claimed to be a Christian on this site.
You may as well be.
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 07:37 AM   #905
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

You mean stroking God's ego.

You just do not see it. Let me enlighten you which is obviously teaching. You thought I was stroking my own ego. Now you learned it was not mine. You thought further that no human being can be "holy". You were taught by me that it is possible. Something else. What does holy mean. The undivided attention of the parents towards the kids.
Nope, sorry. More mental masturbation. I was not taught anything. All you have said is that you are holy and special and good and we should follow you. You have also claimed to love us like your children, but you do not know us, and you have never done anything for us. It's very easy to make grandiose claims if you never have to back them up.

That is not instruction, that is self-gratification.

You have nothing to teach. You only post vague nonsense because you have an inflated sense of self-importance.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 08:03 AM   #906
PartSkeptic
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
You may as well be.
Me: I am not an American.
You:You may as well be.

Me: I am not a Satanist

Me: I am not an atheist.

Me: I am not a female.

You have the answer to everything!
Old 17th July 2017, 10:48 AM   #907
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Me: I am not an American.
Errr no. We all know you to be an amusingly superstitious saffer. So that is a strawman.

Me: I am not a Satanist
Actually your claims align well with Satanism.

Me: I am not an atheist.
Well that is just wrong. Atheism is pure and simply a lack of belief in a deity. We have been telling you this for ages. Still you can't figure it out.

Me: I am not a female.
Why would gender matter a whit? Unless you are a misogynist. Are you?

You have the answer to everything!
And there is where you diverge from science.

Science makes no claim to have the answer to everything. Indeed, science revels in the very fact that it does not have all of the answers, or even most of them.

Religion, on the other hand, claims that it does have all the answers. All of them. Forever. That is your claim and unfounded belief and faith.
Old 17th July 2017, 11:28 AM   #908
Zivan
Muse

Fake news.

You have claimed christianity is "superior" to other religions.

You have claimed the teachings of jesus are "superior".

You have claimed christian morality is superior.

You rant on about the "end times" as per christianity.

You claimed that when using a dating site you specified that any woman responding must be a christian.

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...........
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 02:28 PM   #909
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Nope. I hated my human being life and allowed God to kill it and be born again as a godly being.
That rather proves my point. You failed at real life so you created a pretend god life.
Old 17th July 2017, 04:11 PM   #910
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

HaHaHaHa. It would be terribly funny if it were not for the context. Abuse your children? That's OK, you are a christian and jebus forgives you.

Beat your wife? That's OK, you are a christian and jebus forgives you.

Well, no. I do not think there really is any redemption for spousal and child abuse. Such folks can go die in a fire for all I care. In the case of my own two wee daughters, I would make sure that actually happened were anything untoward to ever occur. I have a fierce loyalty to mine.

That said, there exists a subset. A small one to be sure, but it exists. This subset thinks that they can slime their way into your kids panties having found it so easy to slime their way into their own kids panties. Sure, it is grotesque. Nevertheless it exists. In fact it is one of the very few things that will invoke violence in me.
One daughter here, but pretty much my thoughts too.

Fake news.

Interesting you qualify that with "...on this site." As if that matters, most especially taking the following in light:

You claimed that when using a dating site you specified that any woman responding must be a christian.

So, yeah. You're making a distinction without a difference.

I suppose if some self-proclaimed holy man molested your child, you'd probably just ignore it. After all, this is just a simulation, right? None of it's real, including a person's (or child's) suffering at the hands of the psycho-religious.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 04:25 PM   #911
Donn
Philosopher

Aye. Me too. I feel actual despair when I wade through the sewers of their posts.

I am here less and less often. I post fewer replies. It's getting to me.

Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2017, 10:11 PM   #912
PartSkeptic
Master Poster

Because I have views on rating various religions does that make me the one I rate as best?

If I was a scientist studying ducks and rating them, and I rated geese as superior would that make me a goose?

Lots of religions have end times. I just use a word most on this site are familiar with. I have said it is not the end but a great big change.

But otherwise you are fairly accurate about my views.
Old 17th July 2017, 10:17 PM   #913
PartSkeptic
Master Poster

(snip)

I suppose if some self-proclaimed holy man molested your child, you'd probably just ignore it. After all, this is just a simulation, right? None of it's real, including a person's (or child's) suffering at the hands of the psycho-religious.

I have no proof that this is a simulation/dream. Even if it is, I have a part to play. I would beat the hell out anyone who deserves it. I do not turn the other cheek despite being tolerant of others.

Because I think that we have souls that reincarnate does not mean I am indifferent to the suffering of others, unlike Hindus who seem to think that the person "earned" their suffering in a previous life.
Old 18th July 2017, 07:31 PM   #914
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

I have no proof that this is a simulation/dream. Even if it is, I have a part to play. I would beat the hell out anyone who deserves it. I do not turn the other cheek despite being tolerant of others.

Because I think that we have souls that reincarnate does not mean I am indifferent to the suffering of others, unlike Hindus who seem to think that the person "earned" their suffering in a previous life.
In your world view suffering doesn't amount to much, Afterall if I'm feeling too much torment all I have to do is off myself and get that lucky roll and be reincarnated as a millionaire.
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2017, 11:28 PM   #915
PartSkeptic
Master Poster

In your world view suffering doesn't amount to much, Afterall if I'm feeling too much torment all I have to do is off myself and get that lucky roll and be reincarnated as a millionaire.

Sorry to douse your hopes, but the Hindu random reincarnation is not logical.

As with many things in life, you have to work your way up the tree.

Besides, you are focusing only the material. Rather wish yourself reincarnated as a wise kind do-gooder.

Some suffering is good for the soul. I have had my share in this life. It gives one more empathy for others.

While I am not against suicide when one is a burden on others with no chance of change, suicide to escape suffering does not get you a better deal in the afterlife, although it may not make your chances worse.

I know this is not the Christian viewpoint, but then I am not an ardent follower of the faith.

Last edited by PartSkeptic; 18th July 2017 at 11:31 PM.
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2017, 12:11 AM   #916
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Besides, you are focusing only the material. Rather wish yourself reincarnated as a wise kind do-gooder.

Some suffering is good for the soul. I have had my share in this life. It gives one more empathy for others.

While I am not against suicide when one is a burden on others with no chance of change, suicide to escape suffering does not get you a better deal in the afterlife, although it may not make your chances worse.

I know this is not the Christian viewpoint, but then I am not an ardent follower of the faith.

Lucky I'm not a Hindu but a Pastafarian which guarantees millionaire reincarnation.
Old 19th July 2017, 03:03 AM   #917
PartSkeptic
Master Poster

Lucky I'm not a Hindu but a Pastafarian which guarantees millionaire reincarnation.
Do you buy your ticket with lots of money to the High Priest?
Old 19th July 2017, 03:39 AM   #918
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Do you buy your ticket with lots of money to the High Priest?
No, you just have to don the ceremonial colander.
Old 19th July 2017, 05:09 AM   #919
Border Reiver
Philosopher

It's not Christian at all.
Old 19th July 2017, 06:34 AM   #920
Beady
Philosopher

With strippers and beer!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy