ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags assassinations , JFK assassination , John F. Kennedy , Kennedy conspiracies

Reply
Old 12th March 2019, 10:23 AM   #2921
Whip
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,323
they used an x-ray machine to x-ray something!!!!!221!@1!111!!!

Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 10:27 AM   #2922
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,856
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
MJ is just throwing stuff out to see if anything sticks to the walls.
Possibly waiting for the return of his "master snipers and Olympic snipers" to weigh in.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 12:37 PM   #2923
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,674
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Dr. James Humes in 1977: “I would like to explain one thing. These films, these x-rays were taken solely for the purpose of finding what at that time was thought to be a bullet that had entered the body and had not exited. If we were looking for fine bone detail, the type of diagnostic exquisite detail we want in life, we could have taken the x-rays in the x-ray department, made the films there, but we felt that the portable x ray equipment was adequate for the purpose; i.e., locating a metallic fragment.

And the resolution wasn't that much better as those machines at Bethesda were easily ten years old in 1963...because it was an Army hospital, and the military never gets the best stuff, just the cheapest stuff.

Plus, nobody outside of a handful of people have seen ALL the x-rays, so you can't comment on their quality on way or the other.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 03:23 PM   #2924
bknight
Graduate Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,239
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Dr. James Humes in 1977: “I would like to explain one thing. These films, these x-rays were taken solely for the purpose of finding what at that time was thought to be a bullet that had entered the body and had not exited. If we were looking for fine bone detail, the type of diagnostic exquisite detail we want in life, we could have taken the x-rays in the x-ray department, made the films there, but we felt that the portable x ray equipment was adequate for the purpose; i.e., locating a metallic fragment.

Again you question the Drs and we have asked for your medical experience, and training especially when dealing with forensics. Why have you not answered those questions?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 03:34 PM   #2925
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 10,799
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Dr. James Humes in 1977: “... we felt that the portable x ray equipment was adequate for the purpose....
End of story!
__________________
#THEYAREUS “Islamophobia is a word created by fascists, and used by cowards, to manipulate morons.” - Andrew Cummins

Last edited by smartcooky; 12th March 2019 at 03:37 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 04:02 PM   #2926
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,802
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Dr. James Humes in 1977: “...we felt that the portable x ray equipment was adequate for the purpose...
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
End of story!
MicahJava cautions others to read and comprehend, but I never fail to be surprised when far too often he posts the information that blows his own arguments out of the water.

I probably shouldn't be surprised after all this time how often he does that.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 04:17 PM   #2927
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,674
They had the body in the room. They took x-rays, looked at the x-rays, and used them to find bullet fragments in the skull, AND to confirm there was no missile in the body from the wound in the back. This was the least complicated part of the autopsy, and MJ blows his interpretation.

Note the conversation has moved away from the chest tube nonsense into the non-issue of the x-ray machine.

I wonder why.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 04:22 PM   #2928
bknight
Graduate Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,239
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
They had the body in the room. They took x-rays, looked at the x-rays, and used them to find bullet fragments in the skull, AND to confirm there was no missile in the body from the wound in the back. This was the least complicated part of the autopsy, and MJ blows his interpretation.

Note the conversation has moved away from the chest tube nonsense into the non-issue of the x-ray machine.

I wonder why.
MJ has no interpretation, other than what he reads in CT books.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 04:49 PM   #2929
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 43,346
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
MJ has no interpretation, other than what he reads in CT books.
Because only people who write the CT books are not "in on it".
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 05:04 PM   #2930
bknight
Graduate Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,239
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Because only people who write the CT books are not "in on it".
Indeed
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 10:15 AM   #2931
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,799
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
MicahJava cautions others to read and comprehend, but I never fail to be surprised when far too often he posts the information that blows his own arguments out of the water.

I probably shouldn't be surprised after all this time how often he does that.

Hank
I don't think you're actually suppose to READ the links. I believe MJ has 'linkism'. I see it in archaeology CT's a lot they associate real research with statements followed by cites and links but have never figured out that people actually read them because THEY never do.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 10:30 AM   #2932
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,802
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I don't think you're actually suppose to READ the links. I believe MJ has 'linkism'. I see it in archaeology CT's a lot they associate real research with statements followed by cites and links but have never figured out that people actually read them because THEY never do.
Yeah, he once actually said he believed a claim because it was cited. So for a while, I was citing every sentence I wrote.1

Hank
___________

1 Like this.
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 10:45 AM   #2933
bknight
Graduate Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,239
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
Yeah, he once actually said he believed a claim because it was cited. So for a while, I was citing every sentence I wrote.1

Hank
___________

1 Like this.
What a pain, reminds me of the reports I wrote in school.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 11:04 AM   #2934
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,802
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
What a pain, reminds me of the reports I wrote in school.
Citations are the easiest part1

Hank
____________

1 Especially if your teacher doesn't read the citations.
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 14th March 2019 at 11:39 AM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 11:27 AM   #2935
bknight
Graduate Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,239
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
Citations are the easiest part 1

Hank
____________

1 Especially if your teacher doesn't read the citations.
Mine were strict in the use of them, including the requirement of their usage when stating information/concepts in the report.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 11:43 AM   #2936
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,802
Let me help you out.

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Mine were strict in the use of them, including the requirement of their usage when stating information/concepts in the report.1

1 Ibid.


Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 14th March 2019 at 01:34 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 11:59 AM   #2937
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,965
So Hank, why aren't you more active on the Education Forum? There's more people there who know more about this murder mystery, surely you would function better there than on a forum where 0% of the users understand how complicated this case is? Maybe it's not "complicated" per say, but if there were ever a debate about ancient Egypt on the internet, you would seldom see a user link to the original papyrus with a direct translation. You can read 1960's English, right?
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 12:04 PM   #2938
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 29,594
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
So Hank, why aren't you more active on the Education Forum?
He gets plenty of practice educating you.
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 12:10 PM   #2939
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,965
Originally Posted by HSienzant View Post
Humes point is that the X-Ray equipment in his area was good enough for the dead. And they didn't need to use the better equipment that was elsewhere and reserved for the living. Your expertise for second-guessing his decision is what exactly?

And your point is what?

That we should dig up Humes and ask him where the wound in the back of thè head is once more (didn't you insist previously that wound was bound to be indeterminate as long as the original autopsy doctors were dead)?

That we should go back in time and insist they use better equipment to satisfy your morbid curiosity?

That we should disregard all the conclusions of the expert forensic pathologists from three different panels as well as those of the three pathologists who examined the body on the night of the assassination because they didn't use the very tippy-top of the best equipment?

What is your point? What should be done to remedy this, in your opinion?

Or does this fall under the category of water under the bridge, and it's much ado by you about nothing?

Tell us your point.

Hank

Ps: While this is the only point you raised that you've deigned to try to defend, there were plenty of other points you raised that were rebutted, and you're now ignoring. Are we supposed to forget about those you can't defend?
You're not perusing the point. Modern X-ray equipment could give a clearer view of a gunshot wound victim than WW2-wra portable X-ray equipment could provide. The fact that JFK's autopsy x-rays were created using WW2-era portable X-ray equipment shows that any SMALL wound can not be perfectly identified. The entire case of a lone-assassin TODAY rests on the HSCA's identification of a "radiographic shadow" 4-5 inches above the EOP. There is no proof on the X-rays, nor the scalp photographs, that an entry wound existed 4-5 inches above the EOP, only that a small hole existed 4-5 inches above the EOP. The only point of "proof" you could possible argue, for an entry wound 4-5 inches above the EOP, is the skull photographs. You know that I have made posts about the skull photographs before. Those photographs are possibly the most difficult-to-interpret images in forensic science history. If you can't argue the scalp photographs, skull photographs, or skull x-rays, you have no evidence of any entry wound besides the one reported by about ten autopsy participants: the one right next to the EOP. And that wound is TOO LOW to correspond with an ordinary 6.5 round fired from the Sixth Floor. The only thing you could have is a PET THEORY. A pet that has been abused, considering the fact that Dr. James Humes was intimidated by the HSCA (and he still didn't 100% concede to the point that it looked like an entry wound. What we are talking about here is several times more detailed than what we know behind the death of any Egyption pharaoh.

Last edited by MicahJava; 14th March 2019 at 12:14 PM.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 12:21 PM   #2940
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,965
I can't believe that the whole official story of the President's assassination 50 years ago rests on these skull photographs, and there still hasn't been a team of modern anatomists to view and discuss them.


Last edited by MicahJava; 14th March 2019 at 12:23 PM.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 12:31 PM   #2941
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,674
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
You're not perusing the point. Modern X-ray equipment could give a clearer view of a gunshot wound victim than WW2-wra portable X-ray equipment could provide. The fact that JFK's autopsy x-rays were created using WW2-era portable X-ray equipment shows that any SMALL wound can not be perfectly identified. The entire case of a lone-assassin TODAY rests on the HSCA's identification of a "radiographic shadow" 4-5 inches above the EOP. There is no proof on the X-rays, nor the scalp photographs, that an entry wound existed 4-5 inches above the EOP, only that a small hole existed 4-5 inches above the EOP. The only point of "proof" you could possible argue, for an entry wound 4-5 inches above the EOP, is the skull photographs. You know that I have made posts about the skull photographs before. Those photographs are possibly the most difficult-to-interpret images in forensic science history. If you can't argue the scalp photographs, skull photographs, or skull x-rays, you have no evidence of any entry wound besides the one reported by about ten autopsy participants: the one right next to the EOP. And that wound is TOO LOW to correspond with an ordinary 6.5 round fired from the Sixth Floor. The only thing you could have is a PET THEORY. A pet that has been abused, considering the fact that Dr. James Humes was intimidated by the HSCA (and he still didn't 100% concede to the point that it looked like an entry wound. What we are talking about here is several times more detailed than what we know behind the death of any Egyption pharaoh.
WWII ended in 1945, the autopsy occurred in 1963, so you're talking an 18 year old machine that still worked.

They HAD THE BODY. THEY REMOVED THE BRAIN. There was only one gunshot wound to the head. The missing skull fragments come from the area of the exit wound, not the entry point.

Both wounds to Kennedy corresponded with a rifle shot heard by EVERYONE, with one shot, likely the first, not striking the vehicle. The rifle firing those shots was recovered on the 6th floor of the TSBD along with 3 spent casings. The rifle was a 6.5x52mm Carcano, the rounds are proprietary to that rifle, and are powerful enough to do the damage seen in both victims.

There was no second gunshot wound to the head. This FACT is confirmed by three different home movies, and all of the eye-witnesses in Dealey Plaza.

You continue to fail.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 12:37 PM   #2942
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,674
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
So Hank, why aren't you more active on the Education Forum? There's more people there who know more about this murder mystery, surely you would function better there than on a forum where 0% of the users understand how complicated this case is? Maybe it's not "complicated" per say, but if there were ever a debate about ancient Egypt on the internet, you would seldom see a user link to the original papyrus with a direct translation. You can read 1960's English, right?
You're asking Hank why he doesn't hang out on a JFK-CT nut-barn forum? Probably for the same reason he doesn't wander into a Hell's Angels bar and engage in a debate about the evils of drug trafficking.

The JFK Assassination is not complicated. JFK-CT's are complicated because they're built on lies to make new lies.

And yes, on this forum, if a debate about Ancient Egypt breaks out links to the material will be provided with their translations. It's how things are done here.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 12:40 PM   #2943
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,802
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
So Hank, why aren't you more active on the Education Forum?
There's a line in Platoon (by Oliver Stone) where Bunny is asked about going home. His response is good enough. He says something along the lines of "Heck, I like it here. Nobody messes with you, you get to do what you want. Why would I leave?"1


Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
There's more people there who know more about this murder mystery,
Three problems here:

1. It's not a mystery. A gun with a gun and a grudge stuck a rifle out a window and shot another guy going by in an open car. He was caught less than two hours later. His rifle was recovered before he was.

2. As a CT, the more you know, the less you know. Someone who knows only point one above knows more about the case than CTs whose have a vast knowledge base of CT nonsense.

3. Know more than whom? You?


Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
surely you would function better there than on a forum where 0% of the users understand how complicated this case is?
It's not complicated, except for those who don't like evidence. I function just fine, thank you.


Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Maybe it's not "complicated" per say,
Per se?


Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
but if there were ever a debate about ancient Egypt on the internet, you would seldom see a user link to the original papyrus with a direct translation.
Not sure of your point, unless this is some kind of CT dig for me citing the actual testimony so frequently.


Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
You can read 1960's English, right?
My native tongue is 1950s English, "per say". (See Jane. See Spot. See Jane see Spot).2 I'm guessing this is another attempt at a dig by you.

Your entire post comes off as weak, ineffectual, and disjointed. It's got nothing to do with the JFK assassination whatsoever.

Hank

_____________

1 Language has been cleaned up.
2 Plot could use some work.
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 14th March 2019 at 12:44 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 12:41 PM   #2944
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,674
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I can't believe that the whole official story of the President's assassination 50 years ago rests on these skull photographs, and there still hasn't been a team of modern anatomists to view and discuss them.

I can. The case is solved.

Also, the great thing about the United States of America is that medical professionals have over 240 years of experience with gunshot wounds. Not much more expertise has been gained between 1963, 1966, 1977, and today.

Now that USSOCOM has adopted the 6.5 as their go-to caliber for snipers the round will become less mysterious.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 12:53 PM   #2945
bknight
Graduate Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,239
[quote=MicahJava;12632471]You're not perusing the point. Modern X-ray equipment could give a clearer view of a gunshot wound victim than WW2-wra portable X-ray equipment could provide.[/quote[

Explain exactly your expertise in X-ray analysis. Bonus question modern in 1962 in relation to mid 40's. Exactly how many improvements had been made to the machines in those 20 some odd years. Axmann300 has posted that the only improvements were radiation emissions:
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Because I was bored I killed 20 minutes looking into the history of the x-ray machine. Most of the changes between the 30's and the 70's had to do with radiation emissions, and not image clarity.

Go figure.
Do you have anything further other than your opinion?
Quote:

The fact that JFK's autopsy x-rays were created using WW2-era portable X-ray equipment shows that any SMALL wound can not be perfectly identified.
And your experience in forensic pathology is?
Quote:

The entire case of a lone-assassin TODAY rests on the HSCA's identification of a "radiographic shadow" 4-5 inches above the EOP.
You and your CT buddies have not seen all of the X-rays, so you shouldn't speculate on them.
Quote:
There is no proof on the X-rays, nor the scalp photographs, that an entry wound existed 4-5 inches above the EOP, only that a small hole existed 4-5 inches above the EOP.
Same comment as I made earlier.
Quote:
The only point of "proof" you could possible argue, for an entry wound 4-5 inches above the EOP, is the skull photographs. You know that I have made posts about the skull photographs before. Those photographs are possibly the most difficult-to-interpret images in forensic science history. If you can't argue the scalp photographs, skull photographs, or skull x-rays, you have no evidence of any entry wound besides the one reported by about ten autopsy participants: the one right next to the EOP. And that wound is TOO LOW to correspond with an ordinary 6.5 round fired from the Sixth Floor. The only thing you could have is a PET THEORY. A pet that has been abused, considering the fact that Dr. James Humes was intimidated by the HSCA (and he still didn't 100% concede to the point that it looked like an entry wound. What we are talking about here is several times more detailed than what we know behind the death of any Egyption pharaoh.
Give it up the autopsy was completed with doctors that had the evidence in their hands. One shot to the back of the head, One in the back, both have been tied to the weapon on the 6th floor of the TSBD, the one with LHO prints on it.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 12:59 PM   #2946
RoboTimbo
Hostile Nanobacon
 
RoboTimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springwood, NJ
Posts: 29,594
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I can't believe that...
Do you know what the fallacy that you're employing here is called?
RoboTimbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 01:06 PM   #2947
Steve
Illuminator
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,656
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Do you know what the fallacy that you're employing here is called?
Stupidity?
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 01:20 PM   #2948
bknight
Graduate Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,239
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
So Hank, why aren't you more active on the Education Forum? There's more people there who know more about this murder mystery, surely you would function better there than on a forum where 0% of the users understand how complicated this case is? Maybe it's not "complicated" per say, but if there were ever a debate about ancient Egypt on the internet, you would seldom see a user link to the original papyrus with a direct translation. You can read 1960's English, right?
The question is why aren't you on the Education Forum with all your CT buddies? Then you wouldn't have to run away from answering non-CT questions.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 01:30 PM   #2949
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,802
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I can't believe that the whole official story of the President's assassination 50 years ago rests on these skull photographs, and there still hasn't been a team of modern anatomists to view and discuss them.
As Harry Truman would say, "what a load of horse manure".

Seriously.

The President's assassination rests on far more than playing 'hunt the anomaly' in a few photos.

I seem to remember vaguely something about a rifle being found in the building from where numerous witnesses on the street saw a rifle or a man with a rifle... can you help me out here?

I think there was also something about three shells recovered from what became known as the sniper's nest window. And something about a bullet recovered at a hospital somewhere? And two large bullet fragments being recovered from the floor of the limousine the President was riding in? Recall anything the rest?

How about the guy who was arrested about 80 minutes later for killing a police officer in a different part of town - totally independently of the assassination - later turning out to be an employee in the building from where the shots were seen fired. Recall anything about that? I seem to recall it vaguely. Help me out here, since you know so much about the case.

How about the rifle found in the building... I can't seem to recall whether the authorities ever traced it to the guy arrested for killing the cop. Do you remember their conclusion there? Did they ever find any physical evidence linking him to the rifle? Like a paper trail, or fingerprints on the weapon, or a paper bag he could have used to smuggle the rifle into the building? Or photographs of him with the rifle?

Was that guy a clerk or something in that Texas School Book Suppository building?

Help me out here. Isn't there plenty of evidence pointing to one guy?

Isn't your claim the assassination rests solely on a few photos a false one, and a great example of the bellwether fallacy?

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 14th March 2019 at 01:58 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 03:38 PM   #2950
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,802
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I can't believe that ...
Originally Posted by RoboTimbo View Post
Do you know what the fallacy that you're employing here is called?
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Stupidity?
Close. We'll give you half-credit.

It's an appeal to ignorance. Also called an argument from ignorance...

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...from-Ignorance

Argument from Ignorance
ad ignorantiam

(also known as: appeal to ignorance)

Description: The assumption of a conclusion or fact based primarily on lack of evidence to the contrary. Usually best described by, “absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

Logical Forms:

X is true because you cannot prove that X is false.

X is false because you cannot prove that X is true.

Example #1:

Although we have proven that the moon is not made of spare ribs, we have not proven that its core cannot be filled with them; therefore, the moon’s core is filled with spare ribs.

Explanation: There is an infinity of things we cannot prove -- the moon being filled with spare ribs is one of them. Now you might expect that any “reasonable” person would know that the moon can’t be filled with spare ribs, but you would be expecting too much. People make wild claims, and get away with them, simply on the fact that the converse cannot otherwise be proven.

Example #2:

To this very day (at the time of this writing), science has been unable to create life from non-life; therefore, life must be a result of divine intervention.

My favorite example is "I can't believe those lights in the sky are anything but alien visitors. What else could they be?"

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 14th March 2019 at 04:29 PM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 05:50 PM   #2951
Wolrab
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,431
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I can't believe that the whole official story of the President's assassination 50 years ago rests on these skull photographs, and there still hasn't been a team of modern anatomists to view and discuss them.

Nixon was assassinated?
__________________
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 05:58 PM   #2952
Steve
Illuminator
 
Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,656
Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
Nixon was assassinated?
It's another one of those conspiracies. The CT's will move on to that once they are done with JFK.
__________________
Caption from and old New Yorker cartoon - Why am I shouting? Because I'm wrong!"
Steve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 06:03 PM   #2953
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,674
Here's the bottom line on X-rays:

They are a non-invasive way to look inside the human body.

The only things better are a scalpel and a bone saw.

Guess what, all three were used in the autopsy. A better quality x-ray might - MIGHT - have helped with the neck wound, but because the pathologists believed the wound to the front of the throat to be a tracheotomy they still wouldn't have taken those films. (The body was gone by the time they made the call to Parkland.)

They cut JFK open. They removed his brain and while they didn't segment it they did work on it. There was no guess work. The body spoke for itself.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 06:39 PM   #2954
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,674
Again, I'm happy to point out that you can still have a conspiracy with Oswald as the lone gunman. And you can keep all of those sexy CT elements like the CIA, anti-Castro Cubans, the Maffia, Hoover, and most of the rest.

Oswald as the action arm of a conspiracy is largely unexplored as a CT, mostly because it involves real work to investigate. It means going to Dallas, New Orleans, Miami, and Mexico City. It means long hours in city libraries looking a microfilm from newspapers, county records, and conducting interviews.

Needless to say, I'm holding my breath.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 07:14 PM   #2955
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,802
Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
Nixon was assassinated?
LOL!

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2019, 03:06 AM   #2956
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,568
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
So Hank, why aren't you more active on the Education Forum? There's more people there who know more about this murder mystery, surely you would function better there than on a forum where 0% of the users understand how complicated this case is? Maybe it's not "complicated" per say, but if there were ever a debate about ancient Egypt on the internet, you would seldom see a user link to the original papyrus with a direct translation. You can read 1960's English, right?
Nice of you to admit that you don't understand how complicated this case is.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2019, 09:39 AM   #2957
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,965
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Nice of you to admit that you don't understand how complicated this case is.
"0.0000000000001%" would be too complicated for the users on this thread.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2019, 10:02 AM   #2958
bknight
Graduate Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,239
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
"0.0000000000001%" would be too complicated for the users on this thread.
That still leaves you wondering what really happened on that fateful day.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2019, 10:07 AM   #2959
HSienzant
Illuminator
 
HSienzant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,802
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
"0.0000000000001%" would be too complicated for the users on this thread.
File above response under "Missing the Point". That would include you as a user. Decimal notation is too complicated for you, and yet you use it. I see the disconnect. Logic eludes you.

Hank
__________________
I have never ”refused” to provide evidence. I provide evidence if requested to do so in a specific and relevant manner.

Hanks ”method” [of requesting evidence] is not going to [get me to] provide any evidence since it has a completely different purpose. To create the the illusion of me not providing evidence when requested to do so.
- Manifesto

Last edited by HSienzant; 15th March 2019 at 10:09 AM.
HSienzant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2019, 11:27 AM   #2960
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,674
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
"0.0000000000001%" would be too complicated for the users on this thread.
If you can understand 6.5x52mm, 160 grains, moving at 2,700 feet per second you can solve the case in two minutes.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.