ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Diana Falzone , donald trump , fox news , media criticism , national enquirer

Old 14th March 2019, 08:45 AM   #121
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
But...why? I mean they're obvious, cheap photoshopping jobs. What was the intended effect, if they didn't even intend it as a joke?

Because their target audience don't see that they're "obvious, cheap photoshopping jobs".

How many times have James O'Keefe and Jacob Wohl been caught in hilariously ridiculous lies, only for those lies to end up as mainstream GOP talking points?

There's a hard core of idiots in the Republican Party that will believe just about anything they're told if it reinforces their beliefs, no matter how obvious or ridiculous the lies are.
Old 14th March 2019, 08:53 AM   #122
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Because their target audience don't see that they're "obvious, cheap photoshopping jobs".
I suppose that's possible*, but if you want to make people look ugly for... I don't know what the purpose is but... if you want to do that, at least hire people who can photoshop properly.

*: And as I mentioned earlier in some thread or another, Paul Joseph Watson of Infowars fame posted a looped and at some point reversed video of Hillary showing her nodding in a weird way, to prove that she was mentally ill. Apparently his viewers were too stupid to notice the obvious video editing.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 08:58 AM   #123
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The Clinton grifter who “exposed” the fact that Tucker Carlson was on the radio turns out to be a total piece of ****.

Cannot wait for the outrage machine in this thread to get outraged

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/12/a...es-dont-apply/
Once again, The Big Dog wants to play fetch, but we have to chase the ball.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 09:10 AM   #124
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I suppose that's possible*, but if you want to make people look ugly for... I don't know what the purpose is but... if you want to do that, at least hire people who can photoshop properly.

But that would require actually paying a fair wage to some hippie artist-type, and they're constitutionally incapable of doing that
Old 14th March 2019, 10:06 AM   #125
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
You are "just asking questions" now. Please continue in the CT forum if you like.
Thanks for providing your expertise and answering my question.

Oh wait. You didn't.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 10:50 AM   #126
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And, BTW, Fox News is NOT part of the Newhouse corporations deal with Disney.Rupert will keep that.
I bet The Mouse is sort of happy not to have deal with all the baggage that would have come with Fox News.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 11:21 AM   #127
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Thanks for providing your expertise and answering my question.

Oh wait. You didn't.
I'm sorry, that was rude of me. I have a short CT fuse these days, and I apologize.

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander
What is to stop Fox installing a couple hundred of their cable boxes in a warehouse and tuning them to Fox and Friends and Hannity and all those guys they want to promote 24x7 on repeat? They are rich so they can afford it. Each repeat may count as another view count.

Technically possible?
Theoretically, it would be possible, but in the real world, no.
  • Thousands not hundreds would be needed to affect things, IMO.
  • They would have to somehow link all of the boxes in that warehouse to real billing addresses for a cable company or satellite provider. This is probably the biggest problem. By coincidence, Nielsen actually syndicates business addresses (separate from TV ratings - totally different business), and a warehouse would show up on that database. Cable or satellite company would want to charge them the higher "business rate" if they were showing television as part of their business.
  • Cable or satellite provider would notice that this wasn't a residence when they showed up to install / deliver the equipment. "Please install 2,000 boxes in this warehouse" isn't going to go without notice. Sales people, incentive pay, bonuses, management would notice such a thing right away.
  • In my time, we didn't have streaming services, so I'm not positive, maybe they could buy hundreds of smartphones and pay interns to turn them on, run around and open up the Hulu app on each, watching Fox News streaming all day. But even then, they would have to create fake ID and residential addresses for Hulu, because that service, like all streaming services, has to respect real residential addresses for network media markets and sports blackout restrictions.
  • Even if this happened, in order to do it at scale, they would need some of their fake addresses to receive diaries, too. Not to mention how Nielsen would cross-check and find out that, oh, 450% of people in x city are watching Fox News. That would raise a red flag, and they would start checking census and other population data. All of this data is meant to fit together to understand the marketplace, TV ratings aren't in a vaccuum. For instance, Nielsen not only has business intelligence, but household panel data that they integrate into their other products.

Best option - have Trump build them a fake skyscraper and create thousands of addresses in that building, all for the purposes of inflating TV ratings.

Like other conspiracy theories, in the real world, you have to keep inflating the number of entities "in on it" for it to work practically. Fox can pull all of the shady nonsense they want on their airwaves, but the ratings are the ratings.

Last edited by carlitos; 14th March 2019 at 11:23 AM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 05:46 PM   #128
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Tucker Carlson’s Very Bad Week Leads to Huge Drop in Advertisers

Quote:
Paid advertisements for “Tucker Carlson Tonight” have dropped to 39 percent of what it was before liberal group Media Matters for America unearthed old recordings in which Carlson made disparaging comments about women and minorities, a new analysis shows.

According to data company Samba TV, the show went from 36 advertisers on the Monday before the release of the tapes to 14 advertisers the day after.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2019, 06:24 PM   #129
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

I'm sorry, that was rude of me. I have a short CT fuse these days, and I apologize.
No probs.

Quote:
Theoretically, it would be possible, but in the real world, no.
  • Thousands not hundreds would be needed to affect things, IMO.
  • They would have to somehow link all of the boxes in that warehouse to real billing addresses for a cable company or satellite provider. This is probably the biggest problem. By coincidence, Nielsen actually syndicates business addresses (separate from TV ratings - totally different business), and a warehouse would show up on that database. Cable or satellite company would want to charge them the higher "business rate" if they were showing television as part of their business.
  • Cable or satellite provider would notice that this wasn't a residence when they showed up to install / deliver the equipment. "Please install 2,000 boxes in this warehouse" isn't going to go without notice. Sales people, incentive pay, bonuses, management would notice such a thing right away.
  • In my time, we didn't have streaming services, so I'm not positive, maybe they could buy hundreds of smartphones and pay interns to turn them on, run around and open up the Hulu app on each, watching Fox News streaming all day. But even then, they would have to create fake ID and residential addresses for Hulu, because that service, like all streaming services, has to respect real residential addresses for network media markets and sports blackout restrictions.
  • Even if this happened, in order to do it at scale, they would need some of their fake addresses to receive diaries, too. Not to mention how Nielsen would cross-check and find out that, oh, 450% of people in x city are watching Fox News. That would raise a red flag, and they would start checking census and other population data. All of this data is meant to fit together to understand the marketplace, TV ratings aren't in a vaccuum. For instance, Nielsen not only has business intelligence, but household panel data that they integrate into their other products.

Best option - have Trump build them a fake skyscraper and create thousands of addresses in that building, all for the purposes of inflating TV ratings.

Like other conspiracy theories, in the real world, you have to keep inflating the number of entities "in on it" for it to work practically. Fox can pull all of the shady nonsense they want on their airwaves, but the ratings are the ratings.
I agree this idea of gaming the stats using physical inflation would all be thoroughly impractical and probably very expensive for very little real gain. Which is why I said it was theoretical at the start. But it was a start.

The underlying idea of that design would have been to virtualise the viewers. The next step is obvious and more achievable - virtualise the cable boxes. That way, indeed hundreds of thousands of extra "viewers" could be created at little cost. They would be simply software blobs emulating cable boxes, churning away pretending to watch whatever they were coded to watch at any time. Add some smart parameters to make this crowd simulate the behaviour of real viewers - they change channels, turn off at different times, etc, etc, and they would be hard to distinguish from "real' viewers.

In the IT world we do this sort of thing all the time when we stress-test internet applications and servers, network equipment, SAN loads, media feeds, etc. It's pretty standard stuff and has been around for years, and a single cheap test source can be quite "smart' in creating simulated load of many thousands of users doing any kind of work. Even back in the days of ASCII terminals (yeah, I'm old) we had "terminal simulators" firing away pretending to be whole buildings full of users.

Being virtual, they would not be on any of the satellite provider systems at all. No physical addresses, no reason for techies or salespeople to be involved. Diaries can be addressed to PO boxes or businesses. And now that they are collecting electronic data instead, it's even easier.

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/ne...market-diaries

Again, I'm not saying this IS being done. But in the race for the humungous advertising dollars, if it is cost-effective and possible, I would not put it past Fox to get it done.

https://it.slashdot.org/story/18/12/...of-it-actually
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2019, 08:24 AM   #130
carlitos
"más divertido"

N

Being virtual, they would not be on any of the satellite provider systems at all. No physical addresses, no reason for techies or salespeople to be involved. Diaries can be addressed to PO boxes or businesses.
Problem. As I noted above, a physical address is part of the deal for cable / satellite / streaming. You have to live somewhere, so that they know your media market for the purposes of advertising, ratings, local programming and sports blackout rules with the leagues. If diaries are going to businesses, that would be a business address. I know it's only a hypothetical, but as the system works, I don't see how this could circumvent it.

And, again, if you have fake people and fake addresses at any level of scale, they will exceed the local population and alarms will start going off. Even at the ZIP code level.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2019, 09:04 AM   #131
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Well, now it's a challenge: How To Pull This Off.

The idea of an apartment building with fake addresses in it has promise.

So, build a 50-storey tower with 20 units per floor. That's 1000 real units. Include an extra "utilities" suite on each floor.

During building, call in every local cable supplier to pre-wire the building. Tell them we want each unit to have a choice in who their supplier is, so they don't get suspicious if they notice other hook-ups in place. Around here, I can get TV service 3 ways: Rogers Cable, Bell Fiber, or Satellite, so that gives us 3000 potential hook-ups.

1000 of them will eventually be real hook-ups, but we can re-route the other 2000 to the utilities suite, where they connect to our fake boxes. Create addresses for each one, starting the numbering of fake units on each floor at 21, so no one in the building will accidentally get real mail sent to the fake address. Set up on-line billing for each account, so no mail is expected to arrive at all.

Gradually bring the fakes online, so no one at the cable companies notices a sudden spike in subscribers. Every cable company only gets the number of subscribers equal to the number of lines they put in, so no flags there. Spread out over time, and they might not even notice that they have an apparent 100% take-up in that building. Maybe restrict ourselves to only an 80 or 90% fake rate to cover the possibility of them noticing anyways.

So, now we have a real building, with real tenants, who really subscribe to some TV providers, but with fake units outnumbering real ones about 2-to-1.

Now, how much would that cost us in monthly subscriptions, and how many such buildings would we need to build to affect the ratings enough to matter?
Old 15th March 2019, 11:16 AM   #132
carlitos
"más divertido"

We should pre-wire the whole building for demolition with nano-thermite, just in case we need to get rid of the evidence someday.

Good thinking on the numbering; I was going to inflate the number of floors. Fake units on each floor would be much easier.
Old 15th March 2019, 03:50 PM   #133
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Good thinking on the numbering; I was going to inflate the number of floors. Fake units on each floor would be much easier.

I was thinking we might need mailboxes for each unit though, which causes a complication. How do we arrange them so that no one living there notices there's three times as many boxes as needed?

We might need to build this as some sort of multi-tower complex with a central lobby area with the mailboxes. Lay it out as some kind of maze so you can't see all the boxes at once, and most people will never notice the extras. Anyone who does notice that there are a lot more boxes than they'd expect from their own tower will then chalk it up to the other towers having more units than their own.

The post office will have no way of knowing most are fake, because none of their employees will live in the building.
Old 15th March 2019, 05:31 PM   #134
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Well, now it's a challenge: How To Pull This Off.

The idea of an apartment building with fake addresses in it has promise.
Why bother building it.... put a unit in every room of every floor of every Trump hotel. Have the units permanently switched on and tuned to Faux News 24/7/365

(I'm sure Donny would go along with efforts to boost his Propaganda Arm's ratings).
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2019, 05:35 PM   #135
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
What kind of ratings does Tucker get?
It could be the Glenn Beck scenario: Beck lost most of his advertisers early on, but his ratings..at least for the first couple of years, were high, and Fox felt he attracted viewers who stuck around for other showsa,and were willing to accept the low revenues from Beck because he benefited the network as a whole.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2019, 05:42 PM   #136
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

As of Wenesday, I can watch the Fox Network, Fox Movie channel and my local Fox affiliate without feeling guilty that is some way I am helping Fox News by watching them.One good thing from the Fox Disney deal.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 17th March 2019, 05:49 AM   #137
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/sta...59885840236544

Quote:
Something's up. @JudgeJeanine's show was scheduled to air tonight, for the first time since she attacked @IlhanMN, but now the show has been replaced by a documentary rerun. Fox told @bristei "we're not commenting on internal scheduling matters."
Article embedded in tweet.
Old 17th March 2019, 08:24 AM   #138
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Sources are now reporting that she's been suspended. Trump is not taking the loss of this political advisor well.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2019, 10:46 AM   #139
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Rule number 2 at Fox News: Don't make Trump look bad.
Rule number 1: Don't make Fox News look bad.
Old 17th March 2019, 11:32 AM   #140
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I think Trump's attacks on Fox News is the classic case of the Monster turning on it's creator.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 17th March 2019, 12:51 PM   #141
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Sources are now reporting that she's been suspended. Trump is not taking the loss of this political advisor well.
What happened to Steve Miller? Did he get laryngitis?
Old 17th March 2019, 02:33 PM   #142
Garrison
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
As of Wenesday, I can watch the Fox Network, Fox Movie channel and my local Fox affiliate without feeling guilty that is some way I am helping Fox News by watching them.One good thing from the Fox Disney deal.
Kind of a shame they didn't acquire FOX news as well, if only to hear the howling of the Trumpistas.
Old 17th March 2019, 02:53 PM   #143
mgidm86
Philosopher

How many times have James O'Keefe and Jacob Wohl been caught in hilariously ridiculous lies, only for those lies to end up as mainstream GOP talking points?

There's a hard core of idiots in the Republican Party that will believe just about anything they're told if it reinforces their beliefs, no matter how obvious or ridiculous the lies are.

Ya, thankfully that only happens with Republicans and conservatives.
Old 17th March 2019, 03:19 PM   #144
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
What happened to Steve Miller? Did he get laryngitis?
Or John Miller? Trump probably listens to him just as much.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2019, 03:32 PM   #145
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Re: Judge Jeannine Pirro...
Sources are now reporting that she's been suspended.
Guess its not too surprising. Granted, Fox news is a pro-Trump propaganda source, but even Fox can sometimes act against its own hosts to stave off bad publicity, especially if it threatens profits. (And having multiple advertisers pull their ads from her show would do that.)

I guess the question now is... why did Fox do it. Options are:

- She really did 'cross a line'. Granted, they can be as racist as they want, but fox anchors have to keep their racism with a veneer of respectibility

- Fox may be changing its editorial stance. MSNBC is doing better in the ratings lately, and some days challenges Fox News. Maybe they realize being the 24/7 Neo-nazi/Trump love-in channel may be bad for business and have decided to pull back slightly on their rhetoric

- She was a sacrificial lamb. They have no problem with what she said, but realized that they already had plenty of bigotry from Carlson and Hannity, and to keep THEM on the air, they needed to make an example of her

Of course, she is only suspended. She may be back.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2019, 09:13 PM   #146
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Or John Miller? Trump probably listens to him just as much.
Who the hell is left who can put up with his stupid antics in the White House any more?? They would have to be certified themselves, wouldn't they?
Old 17th March 2019, 09:41 PM   #147
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump is becoming more pain than he's worth for Murdoch.
Old 17th March 2019, 10:04 PM   #148
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Re: Judge Jeannine Pirro...

Guess its not too surprising. Granted, Fox news is a pro-Trump propaganda source, but even Fox can sometimes act against its own hosts to stave off bad publicity, especially if it threatens profits. (And having multiple advertisers pull their ads from her show would do that.)

I guess the question now is... why did Fox do it. Options are:

- She really did 'cross a line'. Granted, they can be as racist as they want, but fox anchors have to keep their racism with a veneer of respectibility

- Fox may be changing its editorial stance. MSNBC is doing better in the ratings lately, and some days challenges Fox News. Maybe they realize being the 24/7 Neo-nazi/Trump love-in channel may be bad for business and have decided to pull back slightly on their rhetoric

- She was a sacrificial lamb. They have no problem with what she said, but realized that they already had plenty of bigotry from Carlson and Hannity, and to keep THEM on the air, they needed to make an example of her

Of course, she is only suspended. She may be back.
I would like to add a 4th possibility

- They saw how Carlson's show lost nearly 40% of its sponsors. By suspending her, they have in effect headed the angry sponsors off at the pass.... "look, we punished her. No need to pull your sponsorship; she's off the air for two weeks, and when she comes back on she will issue a contrite mea-culpa and apology and we can all be friends again"
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2019, 10:05 PM   #149
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Trump is becoming more pain than he's worth for Murdoch.
Everyone has a breaking point... I wonder what his is?
Old 18th March 2019, 01:25 AM   #150
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Couldn't happen to a more deserving person. What a nasty, hate filled, sad excuse for a human being she is.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2019, 03:22 AM   #151
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Anyone keeping score?
The right wing media is shedding its gods at the same rate the center/left is adding them.
Looks like hate doesn't sell as well as expected.
Old 18th March 2019, 03:57 AM   #152
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Couldn't happen to a more deserving person. What a nasty, hate filled, sad excuse for a human being she is.
And she was an actual judge.

And she has exhibited a clear racial bias.

Some of the cases she has adjudicated might need to be examined closely.
Old 18th March 2019, 06:23 AM   #153
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
It's ironic that the best local news program is on Fox (i.e. just reporting the news, truly fair and balanced), when I can't watch any of their nationally broadcast stuff.
Old 18th March 2019, 09:29 PM   #154
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

*: And as I mentioned earlier in some thread or another, Paul Joseph Watson of Infowars fame posted a looped and at some point reversed video of Hillary showing her nodding in a weird way, to prove that she was mentally ill. Apparently his viewers were too stupid to notice the obvious video editing.

Part of the right wing propaganda machine is the notion that conservatives are beautiful, attractive people and liberals are ugly and undesirable. This manifests in all sorts of weird ways like how Trump is always portrayed as buffed in their political cartoons and how they always find the most unappealing pictures of anyone to use in their onscreen graphics for TV.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 03:23 AM   #155
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Part of the right wing propaganda machine is the notion that conservatives are beautiful, attractive people and liberals are ugly and undesirable. This manifests in all sorts of weird ways like how Trump is always portrayed as buffed in their political cartoons and how they always find the most unappealing pictures of anyone to use in their onscreen graphics for TV.
Like when they Photoshop reporters pictures to make them look more like Jewish caricature from Nazi Germany.

https://www.businessinsider.com/2008...hop-you-decide
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fox-news-we-photoshop-you-decide.jpg (19.6 KB, 91 views)
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 04:56 AM   #156
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
i saw a meme the other day where someone on the right-wing had collected all the best-looking pictures of the best-looking Republican commentators and all the worst-looking pictures of the worst-looking Liberal commentators and politicians with a caption along the lines of "what does this tell you?" Someone else had replied "that Liberals care more about the substance of what someone says than what they look like?"

And that's the thing I don't get about this narrative - how can the Republicans who push it not see how much of an own-goal it is?
Old 19th March 2019, 04:58 AM   #157
Belz...
Fiend God

i saw a meme the other day where someone on the right-wing had collected all the best-looking pictures of the best-looking Republican commentators and all the worst-looking pictures of the worst-looking Liberal commentators and politicians with a caption along the lines of "what does this tell you?" Someone else had replied "that Liberals care more about the substance of what someone says than what they look like?"

And that's the thing I don't get about this narrative - how can the Republicans who push it not see how much of an own-goal it is?
What it does tell you about the people doing it is that they are completely committed to the idea that the other side is not just in disagreement; they are instead the enemy, and must be destroyed.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 08:12 AM   #158
Zambo
Thinker

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Everyone has a breaking point... I wonder what his is?
Profit. He must expect that Trump will be re-elected and everything continues as now. But if that looks unlikley he will drop Trump and Tucker Carlson etc. and run towards news and credibility.
Zambo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 08:34 AM   #159
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Paul Ryan joins Fox's board of directors
Old 19th March 2019, 08:35 AM   #160
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

no doubt he'll push the "Fiscal Conservative" narrative - after having inflated the debt like never before.
Toad.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics