ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , lying charges , Russia conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Closed Thread
Old 22nd May 2018, 02:30 PM   #3401
logger
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,405
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Of which much was independently verified.



And have admitted to numerous counts of wrongdoing outside the alleged setup.



Which went through the approval process multiple times, and the dubious nature of the circumstances is yet to be evidenced.



You forgot to add "by the same people who were being investigated by them, and in many cases who appointed those leaders".



Facts? Who needs 'em?! You can prove anything that's even remotely true with facts!
The investigations are still ongoing. I know you want to ignore the things I posted. Youíll have to wait a bit longer.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 05:40 AM   #3402
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Somewhere between the central U.S. and Hades
Posts: 12,221
Originally Posted by logger View Post
The investigations are still ongoing. I know you want to ignore the things I posted. Youíll have to wait a bit longer.
So if that's the case, why do you continually post as if the investigation is over? And ignore the things that have been found so far?

You know, don't answer that, it'll simply be more bare denial and tu quoque, which seems to be all you can muster...much like the current administration.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 08:05 AM   #3403
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 66,870
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/998011773646196736
Quote:
So Trumpís effort to make a mountain out of the FBI molehill is crazy.
But sadly the number of people that are buying into the latest CT is growing.

Republican Congressman this morning on MSNBC is claiming Rosenstein is part of the deep state against Trump. Emails between the two FBI agents PROVES there is a deep state inside the FBI that are against Trump.

We are witnessing the nut-jobery of people like Alex Jones moving into the larger population.
__________________
"Why do people say 'grow some balls'? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding!" ó Betty White
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 08:08 AM   #3404
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 66,870
Originally Posted by beren View Post
Why?
Does the FBI has solid evidence his campaign is in contact with the Russians?
Because if they do, then they should do exactly that.
Notice also logger's language: Put an informant in. No spy or informant was ever put in Trump's campaign as far as the evidence shows.
__________________
"Why do people say 'grow some balls'? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding!" ó Betty White
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 08:18 AM   #3405
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,831
The Dossier MUST be fake, because it is exactly what Republicans would have done.
__________________
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!"
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 09:41 AM   #3406
logger
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,405
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
So if that's the case, why do you continually post as if the investigation is over?
Lol
Where did I ever say it was over, that is simply the way you took it.


Quote:
And ignore the things that have been found so far?
Iíve been posting exacting whatís been in the news to date, Iíve been doing exactly what you say Iím ignoring. If you have something different or new....post it!
Quote:
You know, don't answer that, it'll simply be more bare denial and tu quoque, which seems to be all you can muster...much like the current administration.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 09:43 AM   #3407
logger
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,405
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Notice also logger's language: Put an informant in. No spy or informant was ever put in Trump's campaign as far as the evidence shows.
Youíre in denial
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:15 AM   #3408
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 11,760
That is the problem with stupid, idiotic, lying conservatives.

Conservatives are simply incapable of knowing the truth when they see it which is why they will always be nothing but stupid, idiotic liars.
__________________
08 JAN 2018 > Trump says that he is "Like, Really Smart" and that he is "a Very Stable Genius".
11 JAN 2018 > During an Oval Office meeting, Trump asks "ďWhy are we having all these people from ****hole countries come here?Ē"

A man's best friend is his dogma.

Last edited by Crossbow; 23rd May 2018 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Typo correction
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:16 AM   #3409
logger
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,405
Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
That is the problem with stupid, idiotic, lying conservatives.

Conservatives are simply incapable of knowing the truth when they see it which is why they will always be nothing but stupid, idiotic liars.
Lol

Thatís why we own it all? Politically speaking.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:18 AM   #3410
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"
 
jimbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 17,634
Because they lied convincingly enough to come second in the popular vote.
__________________
OECD healthcare spending
Expenditure on healthcare
http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/health-data.htm
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:24 AM   #3411
logger
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,405
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Because they lied convincingly enough to come second in the popular vote.
If only the presidential election was the only thing we owned?

The left has nothing, theyíre deep in the wilderness, the country is deeply red. Thatís because not very many like democrats or the left.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:29 AM   #3412
Matthew Best
Philosopher
 
Matthew Best's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Leicester Square, London
Posts: 6,128
Originally Posted by logger View Post
The investigations are still ongoing. I know you want to ignore the things I posted. Youíll have to wait a bit longer.
I don't see why. I am quite happy to ignore the things you post right now.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:30 AM   #3413
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF
 
Shalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,212
Originally Posted by logger View Post
If only the presidential election was the only thing we owned?

The left has nothing, theyíre deep in the wilderness, the country is deeply red. Thatís because not very many like democrats or the left.
This is what is known as a falsehood. Or alternately, a lie.

You may wish it were so, and have a fascist one party state, but the country is not there yet.
__________________

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:30 AM   #3414
logger
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,405
Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
I don't see why. I am quite happy to ignore the things you post right now.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:32 AM   #3415
logger
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,405
Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
This is what is known as a falsehood. Or alternately, a lie.

You may wish it were so, and have a fascist one party state, but the country is not there yet.
Lol

Please tell how itís a lie?
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:37 AM   #3416
phiwum
Philosopher
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,763
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Lol

Please tell how itís a lie?
The simple fact that the popular vote for President went to Hillary makes it really, really implausible that the country as a whole rejects Democrats?

Honestly, that's kinda a giveaway.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 10:38 AM   #3417
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF
 
Shalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,212
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Lol

Please tell how itís a lie?
Because it is blatantly untrue.

Trump Approval.

Party approval.

While the GOP may have the majority now, Trump and the party are not looking favorable. Majorities are fleeting in the USA.
__________________

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 11:52 AM   #3418
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 28,863
Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
Because it is blatantly untrue.

Trump Approval.

Party approval.

While the GOP may have the majority now, Trump and the party are not looking favorable. Majorities are fleeting in the USA.
Ah, but you don't get it. Only Republican opinions matter, therefore the country hates Democrats.
__________________
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 02:00 PM   #3419
logger
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,405
Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
Because it is blatantly untrue.

Trump Approval.

Party approval.

While the GOP may have the majority now, Trump and the party are not looking favorable. Majorities are fleeting in the USA.
How is it untrue? By the way, we have the majority in EVERYTHING.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 02:01 PM   #3420
logger
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,405
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
The simple fact that the popular vote for President went to Hillary makes it really, really implausible that the country as a whole rejects Democrats?

Honestly, that's kinda a giveaway.
Google the color map of red and blue, youíll be amazed.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 02:03 PM   #3421
beren
Graduate Poster
 
beren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,097
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Google the color map of red and blue, youíll be amazed.
Ah yes.
Typical conservative.
You think grass matters more than human lives.
__________________
Drive-by snark artist.
Deep thinker as long as I can do it quickly with minimal effort.
Band wagon pile-oner
beren is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 02:06 PM   #3422
logger
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,405
Originally Posted by beren View Post
Ah yes.
Typical conservative.
You think grass matters more than human lives.
I really did just laugh out loud. Grass is green.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 02:29 PM   #3423
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF
 
Shalamar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,212
Originally Posted by logger View Post
How is it untrue? By the way, we have the majority in EVERYTHING.
And you've managed to do nothing with it. which is amazing.

Still, keep dreaming of your fascist state. Hasn't happened yet.
__________________

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 05:02 PM   #3424
quadraginta
Becoming Beth
 
quadraginta's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Vale of Humility
Posts: 21,199
Originally Posted by beren View Post
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Google the color map of red and blue, you’ll be amazed.
Ah yes.
Typical conservative.
You think grass matters more than human lives.

I expect that logger either hasn't seen or has chosen to ignore Red/Blue party maps which resize the states and counties in proportion to their populations.

The picture looks much different when viewed that way, which is how people vote, since (aside from the Electoral College) acreage doesn't (vote, that is).

This link has a good comparison of such maps compiled right after the 2016 election.

They show pretty clearly why the election was so close, and why the Electoral College made such a difference.

One of the maps at the end shows counties proportional by population, and also provides a gradient of color indicating the actual balance of Rep/Dem voters within the counties, and not just how the counties voted per party.

It is especially interesting, I think, because it gives a better idea of just how tenuous the Republican Party's grip really is.
__________________
"It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it."
***********************************************
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." - Saul Bellow
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 05:26 PM   #3425
phiwum
Philosopher
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,763
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Google the color map of red and blue, youíll be amazed.
Area isn't really quite as relevant as you think.

The fact is that your boy lost the popular vote. Now, of course, that doesn't make his election illegitimate, but it does strongly suggest that you're full of **** when you suggest that the entire country is opposed to Democrats. Because, after all, a plurality voted for Hillary.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 06:20 PM   #3426
logger
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,405
Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Area isn't really quite as relevant as you think.

The fact is that your boy lost the popular vote. Now, of course, that doesn't make his election illegitimate, but it does strongly suggest that you're full of **** when you suggest that the entire country is opposed to Democrats. Because, after all, a plurality voted for Hillary.
Actually....what it shows is how important the electoral college is. That way a few cities cannot dictate to the rest of the country. And we will never give it up. I’m just glad most libs love living in the city.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 06:23 PM   #3427
logger
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,405
Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
I expect that logger either hasn't seen or has chosen to ignore Red/Blue party maps which resize the states and counties in proportion to their populations.

The picture looks much different when viewed that way, which is how people vote, since (aside from the Electoral College) acreage doesn't (vote, that is).

This link has a good comparison of such maps compiled right after the 2016 election.

They show pretty clearly why the election was so close, and why the Electoral College made such a difference.

One of the maps at the end shows counties proportional by population, and also provides a gradient of color indicating the actual balance of Rep/Dem voters within the counties, and not just how the counties voted per party.

It is especially interesting, I think, because it gives a better idea of just how tenuous the Republican Party's grip really is.
Whatever helps you get by.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 06:51 PM   #3428
surrogate
Critical Thinker
 
surrogate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somewhere within the Orion Arm
Posts: 348
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Actually....what it shows is how important the electoral college is. That way a few cities cannot dictate to the rest of the country. And we will never give it up. Iím just glad most libs love living in the city.

surrogate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2018, 07:08 PM   #3429
phiwum
Philosopher
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,763
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Actually....what it shows is how important the electoral college is. That way a few cities cannot dictate to the rest of the country. And we will never give it up. Iím just glad most libs love living in the city.
Maybe it shows that, but you know what it doesn't show?

It doesn't show that "The left has nothing, theyíre deep in the wilderness, the country is deeply red. Thatís because not very many like democrats or the left."

Because, after all, the popular vote shows that more voters liked the Democratic presidential candidate than the Republican.

So, you just seem to have been full of **** when you wrote that.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM   #3430
kmortis
Biomechanoid
Director of IDIOCY (Region 13)
Deputy Admin
 
kmortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Texas (aka Southern Tier)
Posts: 30,166
Mod InfoDue to length, this thread has been closed. A continuation thread has been opened. http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=329520
Posted By:kmortis
__________________
-Aberhaten did it
- "Which gives us an answer to our question. Whatís the worst thing that can happen in a pressure cooker?" Randall Munroe
-Director of Independent Determining Inquisitor Of Crazy Yapping
- Aberhaten's Apothegmô - An Internet law that states that optimism is indistinguishable from sarcasm
kmortis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM   #3431
kmortis
Biomechanoid
Director of IDIOCY (Region 13)
Deputy Admin
 
kmortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Texas (aka Southern Tier)
Posts: 30,166
Mod InfoDue to length, this thread has been closed. A continuation thread has been opened. http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=329520
Posted By:kmortis
__________________
-Aberhaten did it
- "Which gives us an answer to our question. Whatís the worst thing that can happen in a pressure cooker?" Randall Munroe
-Director of Independent Determining Inquisitor Of Crazy Yapping
- Aberhaten's Apothegmô - An Internet law that states that optimism is indistinguishable from sarcasm
kmortis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:49 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.