ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 2nd October 2018, 01:33 AM   #41
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,263
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Little-known fact:

Every few weeks, during the depths of winter, a hibernating bear rouses itself. Its body temperature rises. It's brain activity increases. As far as scientists can determine, this happens so that the bear can sleep.

When it's finished sleeping, the bear returns to hibernation.

This Fun and Metaphorically Relevant True Zoology Fact (it really is true, by the way) was brought to you by the 2018 Truth Movement.
Is anyone else buying this Official Story? Pah! Sheeple! This is obvious nonsense.

Will someone pleae give me $100,000 a year for the next 17 years, so that I can spend my time giving lectures in which I demand a new investigation be started, without actually starting a new investigation?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2018, 09:41 PM   #42
MicahJava
Master Poster
 
MicahJava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,855
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Is anyone else buying this Official Story? Pah! Sheeple! This is obvious nonsense.

Will someone pleae give me $100,000 a year for the next 17 years, so that I can spend my time giving lectures in which I demand a new investigation be started, without actually starting a new investigation?
There is not one Richard Gage presentation that doesn't contain enough objective hard fact to justify further investigative measures into the WTC destruction. Compare some of the basic things Gage points out with the NFPA 921 Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigations. It's the fault of the United States Government for not attending to the issue more.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 01:36 AM   #43
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,263
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
There is not one Richard Gage presentation that doesn't contain enough objective hard fact to justify further investigative measures into the WTC destruction. Compare some of the basic things Gage points out with the NFPA 921 Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigations. It's the fault of the United States Government for not attending to the issue more.



The point about the NFPA Guide has been repeatedly expained to you. To pretend this never happened is simply inexcusable.

As for the Gage presentations, OK then, amuse me: do please name one objective hard fact that would justify further investigation, and then explain why Gage and his follower(s?) have not done this themselves.
Still waiting for you to start that thread with all the evidence you must have proving an alternative to the common narrative. Beginning to wonder, though, if you actually have any evidence.....
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 01:54 AM   #44
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 27,721
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
The point about the NFPA Guide has been repeatedly expained to you. To pretend this never happened is simply inexcusable.
There's an old saying that a conversation is not two people alternately talking and listening, but two people alternately talking and waiting. This thread contains an excellent example.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 02:15 AM   #45
fagin
Philosopher
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 6,452
Bollocks.

ETA reply to MJ not Dave.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 02:59 AM   #46
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,234
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
There is not one Richard Gage presentation that doesn't contain enough objective hard fact to justify further investigative measures into the WTC destruction blatant and outright fraud that AE911Truth has been committing for more than a decade now. ...
FTFY
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 07:51 AM   #47
bknight
Muse
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 925
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
CITATION NEEDED
You expect MJ to provide real evidence?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 02:06 PM   #48
slowsmile
Critical Thinker
 
slowsmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Perigord Noir, France
Posts: 275
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
There is not one Richard Gage presentation that doesn't contain enough objective hard fact to justify further investigative measures into the WTC destruction.
Richard Gage? Seem to vaguely remember the name....had something to do with cardboard boxes IIRC.
slowsmile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 02:19 PM   #49
Elagabalus
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,126
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
There is not one Richard Gage presentation that doesn't contain enough objective hard fact to justify further investigative measures into the WTC destruction. Compare some of the basic things Gage points out with the NFPA 921 Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigations. It's the fault of the United States Government for not attending to the issue more.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


This is your brian ...
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 03:38 PM   #50
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,633
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
There is not one Richard Gage presentation that doesn't contain enough objective hard fact to justify further investigative measures into the WTC destruction. Compare some of the basic things Gage points out with the NFPA 921 Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigations. It's the fault of the United States Government for not attending to the issue more.
If you actually point out some of these "things" you will likely score more attention points...........just saying.
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 06:53 PM   #51
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 18,831
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
If you actually point out some of these "things" you will likely score more attention points...........just saying.
Well, since he's practically the only game in town... all the other gophers don't pop up as much any more in this subforum.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 07:03 PM   #52
JohnG
Pedantic Bore
 
JohnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Abandon All Hope
Posts: 6,802
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE


This is your brian ...

I thought his name is Trent?
__________________
Do not weep. Do not wax indignant. Understand. - Baruch Spinoza
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
JohnG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 08:29 PM   #53
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,418
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
Richard Gage? Seem to vaguely remember the name....had something to do with cardboard boxes IIRC.
That's the man. Heiwa dumbed down for kindergarten.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 08:37 PM   #54
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.
Moderator
 
Loss Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,800
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Because Gravy's correct, and you're not.

I haven't read the thread, but do want to say that Gravy was perhaps the best amateur debunker I've ever read. He had no reason to involve himself, but he chose to be the tip of the spear right from the beginning.

I am grateful for his contributions.
__________________
I have the honor to be
Your Obdt. St

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 09:54 PM   #55
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,059
17 years, no evidence, no facts,

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
There is not one Richard Gage presentation that ...
contains evidence to support the delusional claims.

Present the evidence. What is that you say?, you lost the evidence. darn, no Pulitzer for 911 truth.

17 years of complete failure, with humorous posts by gullible followers who believe Gage's lies.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 10:24 PM   #56
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,634
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
You expect MJ to provide real evidence?
Wow that seems harsh, liking demanding a cow sing Italian opera.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2018, 11:06 PM   #57
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,418
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Wow that seems harsh, liking demanding a cow sing Italian opera.
"moosic"?????


ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2018, 12:51 AM   #58
Georgio
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 472
Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
"moosic"?????
Fitz-cow-rraldo.
__________________
Violence is a weakness, not a strength. - Sylvester McCoy
Georgio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2018, 01:34 AM   #59
slowsmile
Critical Thinker
 
slowsmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Perigord Noir, France
Posts: 275
Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Wow that seems harsh, liking demanding a cow sing Italian opera.
Nessun Dormoo?
slowsmile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2018, 10:40 AM   #60
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,537
Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
There's an old saying that a conversation is not two people alternately talking and listening, but two people alternately talking and waiting. This thread contains an excellent example.

Dave
Hemingway said something similar. Here's another.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.
--STEPHEN R. COVEY


Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
"moosic"?????


O sole mooooo - ooooooh!
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2018, 06:40 AM   #61
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 18,831
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
This is your brian ...
I'm Brian! And so is my wife!
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 01:12 PM   #62
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 15,903
Btw, Brian, Ryan, Shmaian - anybody know what Ryan Mackey is up to after he fled this place in the aftermath of the indefensible WTC7 clownery "report"? Big NASA career or something? I might have to look it up myself if you folks aren't kind enough to clue us in.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 02:03 PM   #63
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,093
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Btw, Brian, Ryan, Shmaian - anybody know what Ryan Mackey is up to after he fled this place in the aftermath of the indefensible WTC7 clownery "report"? Big NASA career or something? I might have to look it up myself if you folks aren't kind enough to clue us in.
Who cares? 911 truth is dead. He moved on. Why can't you?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 05:28 PM   #64
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 15,903
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Who cares? 911 truth is dead. He moved on. Why can't you?

Your number of posts in this subforum in the last year: 31
My number of posts in this subforum in the last year: 13 (now 14)
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2018, 07:13 AM   #65
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,059
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Btw, Brian, Ryan, Shmaian - anybody know what Ryan Mackey is up to after he fled this place in the aftermath of the indefensible WTC7 clownery "report"? Big NASA career or something? I might have to look it up myself if you folks aren't kind enough to clue us in.
Yes.

Do you know where CIT nuts are now, after they made up lies dumber than dirt and fooled a fringe few? 9/11 truth was stillborn

counting posts, more research than 9/11 truth did in 17 years, that is a good sign
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2018, 07:28 AM   #66
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,093
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Your number of posts in this subforum in the last year: 31
My number of posts in this subforum in the last year: 13 (now 14)
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edit for rule 0 and rule 12
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...

Last edited by zooterkin; 16th October 2018 at 10:20 AM.
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2018, 11:44 AM   #67
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft
 
Childlike Empress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 15,903
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edit for rule 0 and rule 12

Of course it's your fault when you are caught with more than twice the post count of somebody you just accused of not being able to move on.

Last edited by zooterkin; 16th October 2018 at 10:21 AM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2018, 07:19 PM   #68
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,633
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Of course it's your fault when you are caught with more than twice the post count of somebody you just accused of not being able to move on.
The context of the post would be important in this case, would it not?

I find your point moot...............
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2018, 10:00 PM   #69
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,059
Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Of course it's your fault when you are caught with more than twice the post count of somebody you just accused of not being able to move on.
Topic is Mark, not Ryan, and not counting posts.

What happen to CIT with respect to Mark?

Mark debunked 9/11 truth. The best 9/11 truth has left - learning math.


9/11 truth has lots of evidence, it is listed by a 9/11 truth follower.
Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
-deleted-
case closed
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2018, 05:35 PM   #70
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 18,831
Credits to Cake:
Quote:
Reluctantly crouched at the starting line
Engines pumping and thumping in time
The green light flashes, the flags go up
Churning and burning, they yearn for the cup
They deftly maneuver and muscle for rank
Fuel burning fast on an empty tank
Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns
Their prowess is potent and secretly stern
As they speed through the finish, the flags go down
The fans get up and they get out of town
The arena is empty except for one man
Still driving and striving as fast as he can
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up
And long ago Ryan left with the cup
But CE is driving and striving and hugging the turns
And thinking of Ryan for whom they still burn
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.