ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Clinton controversies , hillary clinton

Old Yesterday, 12:54 AM   #881
Lambchops
Muse

Originally Posted by River View Post

I'm not a Trump fan.
Haha, sure...
Old Yesterday, 04:12 AM   #882
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I don't think the separation between political facade and true feeling is as clean as you hope.

Besides, all you can do is influence where you are. Me, for example. I'm going to the midterms with this idea in my head, that you think the American electorate is stupid and wrong, that half the country is deplorable racists, that anyone who doesn't vote progressive is an irredeemable monster. And if I *do* vote for Clinton, or Warren, or whoever? What's in it for me? Internet respect from someone who was just now happy to let me know how stupid they really think I am?

Boop to that. You want more Trump? Because that's how you get more Trump.
Wouldn't that prove that Segnosaur is right?
Old Yesterday, 05:08 AM   #883
The Great Zaganza
Philosopher

Originally Posted by River View Post
I'm not a Trump fan.
If you like Trump more than Clinton, you are by definition a fanatic.
Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM   #884
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Wouldn't that prove that Segnosaur is right?
Segnosaur made up his mind about me long before Trump came on the scene.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM   #885
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

If I *do* vote for Clinton, or Warren, or whoever? What's in it for me?

Well, you'll get to pay higher taxes, wear one of those really cool pussy hats, and receive an official Antifa membership card -- other than that, nothing at all.

The Left: An Unhinged Mob
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM   #886
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
If you like Trump more than Clinton, you are by definition a fanatic.
It is true. I read it in the "'Is' means... The Big Book of Clinton Definitions," One Cigar Publishing Company, Whitewater Ark. 304227
Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM   #887
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
It is true. I read it in the "'Is' means... The Big Book of Clinton Definitions," One Cigar Publishing Company, Whitewater Ark. 304227

Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM   #888
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Segnosaur made up his mind about me long before Trump came on the scene.
Calling Trump voters stupid won't change their minds, of course, but who cares; apparently, nothing will. I mean the part about how calling Trump voters stupid is supposed to create more Trump voters. Is that really how you would expect smart people to react? "I'll show you who's stupid!"

Last edited by WilliamSeger; Yesterday at 08:15 AM.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM   #889
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
//Slight hijack//

If you had asked me in...2000 or so to put folding money on the table as to whether we'd see a female President or a black President first... I would have put the money on female. Not sure if I can put a finger on why, just a gut feeling.
Because white women rank above black men on the social scale?
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM   #890
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Calling Trump voters stupid won't change their minds, of course, but who cares; apparently, nothing will. I mean the part about how calling Trump voters stupid is supposed to create more Trump voters. Is that really how you would expect smart people to react? "I'll show you who's stupid!"
When will libtards understand that they can't win by insulting voters? They need to do more to get the vote of the racists and bigots, like republicans do.
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM   #891
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
Because white women rank above black men on the social scale?

That's right.

That's why it only took half a century after black men were given the right to vote before women were given the right to vote.

It could have been much longer.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM   #892
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
When will libtards understand that they can't win by insulting voters? They need to do more to get the vote of the racists and bigots, like republicans do.

Insulting voters seems to have worked pretty well for the Republicans.

I guess that's why they're dialing it up to 11 now.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #893
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Will Hillary take the #2 slot if Avenatti offers it to her? Just spitballin'..."

-- Dennis Miller (Oct 21, 2018)

If Avenatti offers it to her, she'll say yes. But why on earth would he want to sully his good name and reputation with the taint of Clinton?

Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM   #894
Bob001
Philosopher

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
The problem is that the Trumpers see statements of plain facts that conflict with their worldview as insults. The "libtards" observe accurately that coal is a declining industry around the world and propose expanding the alternative energy business; Trump says "We're gonna give you back the mines!" and his cultists lap it up. Etc.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #895
The Great Zaganza
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Slings and Arrows View Post
If Avenatti offers it to her, she'll say yes. But why on earth would he want to sully his good name and reputation with the taint of Clinton?
willing to put a bet on Clinton or Avenatti running?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics