ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags "Conspiracy of Silence" , Satanism conspiracies

Old 28th October 2019, 05:47 PM   #1
Armitage72
Illuminator

Finders

Heading down the rabbit hole ...

According to someone on another forum, the 1980s Satanic Panic was actually a coverup for real Satanic abuse and child sex slavery, involving multiple federal agencies.

Quote:
so the Finders thing, basically the FBI declassified a report on what they describe as a 'White slavery child sex abduction cult' that implicates US intelligence in their activities and covering up of their crimes. There's multiple cases in which Satanic elements are described, pentagrams being left at sites, and tunnels beneath elementary schools where abused kids were made to sacrifice animals. ****'s absolutely insane, and all of it took place at the same time the media was making concerned Americans into a laughing stock with the 'Satanic Panic' libel. Interestingly, it also details how the cult had classified documents on underground tunnel networks in DC they were presumably operating in, which regardless of the veracity of the whole thing, was something central to the whole Pizzagate "conspiracy theory".

They linked to a Youtube video, but it's almost four hours long, and I couldn't bring myself to watch it. It looks like an archive of a live stream, so it's probably insane rambling.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2019, 06:07 PM   #2
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

What you will likely find in that video are references to a documentary called "Conspiracy of Silence" which I just tried to locate for you on youtube, which wasn't easy in the first attempt, only with the second one when I included the magic word "Franklin", as in "Franklin cover-up". This isn't something to mock, and it isn't something you would want to watch if you don't think you can handle if it turns out to be not something to mock.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 29th October 2019, 11:43 AM   #3
Elagabalus
Philosopher

There's actually only one real Finder and that's on OS X. Bow before the greatness of OS X!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2019, 02:21 PM   #4
Axxman300
Illuminator

1. The Satanic Panic of the 80's has been proved to be a series mentally-ill religious moron-driven CT's.

Proved false. Absence of evidence. Admissions of lying under oath.

2. There is still ZERO PROOF today.

3. Satanists aren't into little kids. Christian cultists, on on the other hand, are into little kids.

4. Bored teenagers with a can of spray paint and no talent will usually draw genitals or a pentagram on a wall.

5. Real practitioners of the black arts who conduct rituals in publicly accessible areas don't leave evidence of their presence behind (because they want to come back and do it again).

6. Where are the tunnels? Were is the evidence that there at least WAS a tunnel? To be called a tunnel there needs to be an entrance and an exit. Where are they?

7. If you're only source of information is a Youtube video you've already lost the argument.
Old 29th October 2019, 04:27 PM   #5
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
3. Satanists aren't into little kids.

How come you think you are in a position to make that claim (picking one out of a very strange lot)?
Old 29th October 2019, 08:21 PM   #6
Myriad
Hyperthetical

"If you're not a witch then you can't possibly know what nefarious deeds witches really do. And if you are a witch, you're lying to cover it up."

Oh, sorry, did I say witch? I meant Jew.

No, wait, that's not it. I meant Communist.

Freemason.

Hold on, I'm still catching up. It's Satanist. That's what we're talking about, right?

No, wait, it can't be Satanist; that's still 20th century. This is 2019, so my chrono-journal says the silent conspirators du jour should be either MRAs or Russian troll bots. In another year or two, it'll be ecofascists.

Last edited by Myriad; 29th October 2019 at 08:23 PM.
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 01:36 PM   #7
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Michael Clarke Duncan was a goddamn American treasure. They couldn't go on without him.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 02:56 PM   #8
Axxman300
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
How come you think you are in a position to make that claim (picking one out of a very strange lot)?
What makes you think I'm not?

I'm been a ghost hunter for 30 years. I've met Satanists in the course of my work. A few are even friends. I'm not talking about teenagers who wear pentagrams because it's cool, I'm talking about people who've made a commitment to other spiritual options. It's about power without guilt. The chief commandment is: Do what thou wilt, but do none harm.

My question for you is how can you start threads on the 9-11 board advancing CT's advancing the theory that 9-11 was an inside job with the goal of using fear to advance a right-wing agenda, while not being able to see that the Satanic Panic WAS A CT MADE UP BY THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT TO SCARE PEOPLE INTO THEIR LINE OF THINKING?

Pick a side already.
Old 30th October 2019, 03:09 PM   #9
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

What makes you think I'm not?

I'm been a ghost hunter for 30 years. I've met Satanists in the course of my work. A few are even friends. I'm not talking about teenagers who wear pentagrams because it's cool, I'm talking about people who've made a commitment to other spiritual options. It's about power without guilt. The chief commandment is: Do what thou wilt, but do none harm.

My question for you is how can you start threads on the 9-11 board advancing CT's advancing the theory that 9-11 was an inside job with the goal of using fear to advance a right-wing agenda, while not being able to see that the Satanic Panic WAS A CT MADE UP BY THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT TO SCARE PEOPLE INTO THEIR LINE OF THINKING?

Pick a side already.

Oh, aha. That is a good answer. You're a satanist (of the douchebag Christian mirror hahaha kind) buddy but not into little kids. I suspected that. I'm a disciple of Robert Anton Wilson who was a Crowley apologist, so you shouldn't mistake me for some Christian fundamentalist or whatever.

As to your question, the "goal" you think you know I have couldn't be further from the real goal, and the judgement you think you are able to make about it is as bizarre as the judgements you make in your list. This is just worthless junk going on inside your head with no connection to real world events. You are in no position to make the claims you make and screaming just makes it more obvious.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 30th October 2019 at 03:11 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2019, 11:00 PM   #10
Axxman300
Illuminator

No screaming. The facts speak for themselves. There were never child sacrifices committed in underground lairs by Satanists.

There were, however, lots of kids molested by Catholic clergy, Baptist ministers, and other branches of Christianity in the US.

(And Al Qaeda did 9-11)
Old 31st October 2019, 12:46 AM   #11
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Heading down the rabbit hole ...

According to someone on another forum, the 1980s Satanic Panic was actually a coverup for real Satanic abuse and child sex slavery, involving multiple federal agencies.

I AGREE

Quote:
so the Finders thing, basically the FBI declassified a report on what they describe as a 'White slavery child sex abduction cult'

Explosive declassified FBI reports are generally on the internet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 2.36.56 AM.jpg (20.4 KB, 9 views)
"We are enjoined, no matter how uncomfortable it might be, to consider ourselves and our cultural institutions scientifically — not to accept uncritically whatever we’re told; to surmount as best we can our hopes, conceits, and unexamined beliefs; to view ourselves as we really are." - Carl Sagan

Last edited by kellyb; 31st October 2019 at 12:53 AM.
kellyb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st October 2019, 02:07 AM   #12
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
Explosive declassified FBI reports are generally on the internet.

The FBI release is here.
I'm struggling to find a description of the actual content that isn't on a conspiracy theory site, beyond "a Tallahassee child abuse case".

Last edited by Armitage72; 31st October 2019 at 04:00 AM.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:19 AM   #13
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

I would recommend that anyone interested in the subject natter watch the HBO movie Indictment:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indict...McMartin_Trial

It's a fictional depiction that stays pretty close to the facts, but you do get a clear view of the nonsense that went on in the prosecution.

The stuff that went down related to the prosecutor not providing Brady evidence to the defense should have caused heads to roll, but didn't.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2019, 10:20 AM   #14
Belz...
Fiend God

Keepers.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th November 2019, 05:46 PM   #15
Nakani
Muse

No screaming. The facts speak for themselves. There were never child sacrifices committed in underground lairs by Satanists.
Not one person ever thought killing a baby or child would make the devil happy, therefore making them eligible to recieve favors or powers.

I taught martial arts long ago and one of my students was an ex-satanic cult member. I was told never to ask him about it, I didn't, he always seemed scary to me. The boss told me one of the reasons he left was the baby sacrifices. Members would get pregnant just for that reason.

I was wondering where you got your facts? Seems like something that would be hard to keep track of.
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2019, 01:37 AM   #16
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Nakani View Post
Not one person ever thought killing a baby or child would make the devil happy, therefore making them eligible to recieve favors or powers.

I taught martial arts long ago and one of my students was an ex-satanic cult member. I was told never to ask him about it, I didn't, he always seemed scary to me. The boss told me one of the reasons he left was the baby sacrifices. Members would get pregnant just for that reason.

I was wondering where you got your facts? Seems like something that would be hard to keep track of.
Cool story, bro.
Old 20th November 2019, 04:58 AM   #17
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Cool story, bro.

It reminds me of an article I read, maybe in an early issue of Skeptical Inquirer, talking about an "ex-witch" who claimed that record companies used to bring her coven into the factories to bind demons into the heavy metal records they were pressing.
Old 20th November 2019, 11:51 AM   #18
Nakani
Muse

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Cool story, bro.
Awe shucks, it's more of an anecdote really. Most of it can't even be proven. It was intended for Axxman3000, I wanted to convey that I too have met a Satanist and he wasn't an enlightened soul fighting the good fight.

Religion attracts all kinds, especially selfish idiots. People believe they can buy their way into heaven with praise and deeds. I was curious as to how it became a fact that some Satanists don't do this.
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2019, 12:29 PM   #19
Axxman300
Illuminator

1. You should have asked him about it.

2. The Devil can't give you powers or favors. Devil worship frees one from whatever moral obligations might be imposed by religions in order to go to their heavens.

3. Unless you live in the sticks, someone's going to ask about missing babies.

4. Somebody ALWAYS TALKS, somebody ALWAYS HAS EVIDENCE.

Your story is typical third-hand gossip and standard for this subject. You should have asked the guy about it. Now if he told you directly, or took you along to this version of a Black Mass and you witnessed human sacrifice you'd have case to make.

How did your boss know what he told you?
Old 20th November 2019, 01:14 PM   #20
Armitage72
Illuminator

There was an episode of Criminal Minds in which the FBI team was called in to investigate what appeared to be a Satanic ritual killing (Spoiler: It wasn't). The local sheriff said to the head agent "You must see this sort of thing all the time ... (noticing his questioning look) ... Satanic killings?' The agent casually responded "Not really. No." and walked away.
Old 20th November 2019, 01:49 PM   #21
Nakani
Muse

1. You should have asked him about it.
What I had already heard was enough. Plus apparently he feared for his life, as these people didn't trust quitters. I was under the impression that asking questions might raise paranoid suspicions detrimental to my health.

Quote:
2. The Devil can't give you powers or favors. Devil worship frees one from whatever moral obligations might be imposed by religions in order to go to their heavens.
You felt the need to tell me 'The devil can't give powers or favors', so, do you think maybe not everyone knows this? Alluding to the possibility that somewhere a baby has been sacrificed to satan.

Quote:
3. Unless you live in the sticks, someone's going to ask about missing babies.
Right. Should keep that on the DL.

Quote:
4. Somebody ALWAYS TALKS, somebody ALWAYS HAS EVIDENCE.
Like my student.

Quote:
Your story is typical third-hand gossip and standard for this subject. You should have asked the guy about it. Now if he told you directly, or took you along to this version of a Black Mass and you witnessed human sacrifice you'd have case to make.

How did your boss know what he told you?
Boss told me, he told me, same thing.

The studio, as we called it, was a bit of a cult in itself. To be fully a member, took years, then there was a lengthy process designed to examine ones character and intent. It came out during a peer review.
Old 20th November 2019, 02:02 PM   #22
isissxn
Rough Around the Edges

One of the reasons he left was the baby sacrifices? I think they were ******* with you, man.

Even if it were true, I doubt it would be casual do jang gossip.
isissxn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th November 2019, 03:39 PM   #23
Nakani
Muse

Originally Posted by isissxn View Post
One of the reasons he left was the baby sacrifices? I think they were ******* with you, man.

Even if it were true, I doubt it would be casual do jang gossip.
Yes, that was one of the reasons. It wasn't casual gossip, it was told to me in confidence, because we were helping someone with PTSD. You had to be focused when teaching Mr. X. There were signs to look out for, when he got frustrated with something or someone was out sparring him. That would lead to scary anger. He would usually catch himself and go on a time out but it was best to change his mind before it got that far.
Old 21st November 2019, 07:45 AM   #24
carlitos
"más divertido"

Yes, that was one of the reasons. It wasn't casual gossip, it was told to me in confidence, because we were helping someone with PTSD. You had to be focused when teaching Mr. X. There were signs to look out for, when he got frustrated with something or someone was out sparring him. That would lead to scary anger. He would usually catch himself and go on a time out but it was best to change his mind before it got that far.
Mundane possibilities:
- Your student was schizophrenic or otherwise delusional
- You are lying
- You are mis-remembering
- They were messing with you
- A baby got killed somewhere, sometime and rumors started floating around, part of the overall "satanic panic" delusion in the 80s.
- Etc.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2019, 07:54 AM   #25
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Pretty much with carlitos on this one. There's never been a case of this (satanic ritual abuse) ever proven in the U.S., but there were a lot of unethical "recovered memory" psychologists who made patients remember these things.

My suspicion would be it falls into that second category. Likely someone was hypnotized to recover lost memories, and got this whole set implanted. And implanted memories feel real to the individual, so it wouldn't be surprising if it led to therapy or PTSD later (caused not by actual occurrences, but the very real memories of those).
Old 21st November 2019, 08:09 AM   #26
ahhell
Master Poster

I'm pretty sure that Nakani was just tying to point out that we can't actually say, "there never were child sacrifices conducted in underground lairs by satanist" which is true in the same sense that we can't say, "there isn't an incorporeal invisible dragon in my garage." I could be wrong and its a pretty worthless point. I can certainly say such things with a high degree of certainty.

There was a small industry built around the Satanic Panic. The previously mentioned therapists and the speaking circuit among fundy churches, to a lesser degree secular schools and more liberal minded churches. I remember getting a flier in public highschool with the signs of potential satanic cults.

Edit, I agree with with Carlitos, I my money would be on, his boss was ***** with them.

Last edited by ahhell; 21st November 2019 at 08:14 AM.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2019, 09:12 AM   #27
Nakani
Muse

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Mundane possibilities:
- Your student was schizophrenic or otherwise delusional
Maybe
Quote:
- You are lying
Never!!
Quote:
- You are mis-remembering
Not that much to mis-remember, not likely.
Quote:
- They were messing with you
Maybe
Quote:
- A baby got killed somewhere, sometime and rumors started floating around, part of the overall "satanic panic" delusion in the 80s.
He was from the US somewhere, came to Canada to start a new life. So unlikely.
Old 21st November 2019, 09:17 AM   #28
Nakani
Muse

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
I'm pretty sure that Nakani was just tying to point out that we can't actually say, "there never were child sacrifices conducted in underground lairs by satanist" which is true in the same sense that we can't say, "there isn't an incorporeal invisible dragon in my garage." I could be wrong and its a pretty worthless point. I can certainly say such things with a high degree of certainty.
Yes, that was all I was saying. Next time, no cool story to accompany my point.
Old 21st November 2019, 01:36 PM   #29
Axxman300
Illuminator

I'm sure you're telling an honest story. The problem is that the information you received was third-hand at best. What most people don't understand is that the FBI seriously INVESTIGATED EVERY SERIOUS CLAIM. FBI agents are just regular people and most have families and the idea of some group of people killing babies is on that gets them out of bed early and keeps them up late at night. As I recall the served search warrants on many locations across the country chasing down evidence to prove this kind of thing was going on.

Then there are the local law enforcement agencies and District Attorneys who bought into this claims of Satanic Abuse - all based on "Recovered Memory Syndrome" where bad psychological manipulation was used as evidence. Innocent people went to prison on charges of child molestation in states like Florida but no Satanic Cult was ever brought into the daylight and prosecuted.

I'll give you an out.

Mass murder on a near industrial scale is possible. Unlike believers in Satanic Cults I won't post a Youtube video so you'll just have to settle for an old fashioned news paper...

I give you the "Speed Freak Killers":

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/2...alifornia-well

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/2...emains-resumes

Quote:
Using crude maps Shermantine hand-drew in his Death Row cell, investigators have dug up three sites since Thursday that have yielded human remains.

The site of the biggest find is an abandoned well outside the city of Stockton, near the town of Linden, that produced hundreds of human bones, purses, shoes, jewelry and other evidence over the weekend. That raised Joan Shelley's hopes that her 16-year-old daughter JoAnn Hobson will be found.

"I feel they are going to find her," a tearful Shelley told The Associated Press in a phone interview from her Manteca home. JoAnn disappeared in 1985, and investigators have long suspected Shermantine and Herzog in the girl's abduction and murder. But they never had enough evidence to charge them.

Padilla said Shermantine calls the well "Herzog's boneyard," and pins all the bodies that will be found there on Herzog. That's nothing new. Beyond steadfastly refusing to disclose the location of bodies, the childhood friends have also maintained that the other single-handedly did all the killing.
Then there are the growing number of stories of women being held captive in homes across the country.

My point is that unlike the Satanic Panic we know about them because law enforcement stumbled upon them. Based on the scale of what believers tell you about Satanic sacrifice being conducted on a regular basis logic dictates we would have found a few sites by now.
Old 22nd November 2019, 03:44 AM   #30
dann
Philosopher

5. Real practitioners of the black arts who conduct rituals in publicly accessible areas don't leave evidence of their presence behind (because they want to come back and do it again).

Real practitioners of the black arts??! Really?!
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2019, 04:09 AM   #31
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by dann View Post

He's been "a ghost hunter for 30 years". See #8.
Old 22nd November 2019, 06:56 AM   #32
carlitos
"más divertido"

When I think of the black arts, I think of something like this.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2019, 12:32 PM   #33
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
When I think of the black arts, I think of something like this.
Nope it is black no shades.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2019, 12:36 PM   #34
Axxman300
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dann View Post
We have, or used to have a group that held ceremonies in Big Sur whose members were an interesting mix of educate folk from a variety of professions. Santa Cruz had a few, and San Francisco had the Church of Satan which technically started everything which followed after the 1960's.

A lot of people confuse or conflate Satanism with Witchcraft. The problem with both is they are based on Catholic Theology of what the devil is and what witches are thought to be. Witchcraft was anything outside of Christianity and people who held onto cultural concepts of religion prior to the arrival of the Holy Roman Church were accused of being witches and eliminated. Full on Satan worship has always been covert. They don't advertise. The only reason I knew about the Big Sur sect was because I crossed paths with a member, often at a bookstore where I bought my Woo books, and later would work next door to this person.

So yes, serious practitioners. Not to be confused with bored teens getting high in the woods with a copy of the Necronomicon.

The age old argument of angels dancing on the head of a pin thing.
Old 22nd November 2019, 12:37 PM   #35
Axxman300
Illuminator

He's been "a ghost hunter for 30 years". See #8.
Said the person who thinks World Trade Center #7 was brought down by controlled demolition.
Old 22nd November 2019, 01:45 PM   #36
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Said the person who thinks World Trade Center #7 was brought down by controlled demolition.

Says the person who is so far out to make claims that there are no satanists that abuse children because he's a ghost hunter for 30 years and friends with some random satanists who claim that they aren't into little kids.

And someone like this rants against obvious technical facts? Quelle surprise. Sounds quite satanic to me, though.
Old 22nd November 2019, 02:08 PM   #37
bknight
Graduate Poster

Says the person who is so far out to make claims that there are no satanists that abuse children because he's a ghost hunter for 30 years and friends with some random satanists who claim that they aren't into little kids.

And someone like this rants against obvious technical facts? Quelle surprise. Sounds quite satanic to me, though.
So what do you believe happened in WTC 7?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2019, 03:53 PM   #38
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
It reminds me of an article I read, maybe in an early issue of Skeptical Inquirer, talking about an "ex-witch" who claimed that record companies used to bring her coven into the factories to bind demons into the heavy metal records they were pressing.
I wouldn't put it past some record company execs, but they'd be advertising it.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2019, 07:13 PM   #39
Axxman300
Illuminator

I have bad news for you, there is no hierarchy for crazy beliefs. There is no difference between 9-11 conspiracy theories and people who believe in ghosts.

None, nada, zip.

I don't believe in ghosts any more because I've done the work, I've spent time in "haunted place", and I have come up with zero evidence proving their existence. What I have found is that - some people - see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe and that those beliefs taint what they think they see and have seen. For example a highrise building collapsing after burning for eight hours and after receiving unknown structural damage is a straight forward event, but for those prone to conspiratorial thinking it has to be controlled demolition regardless of what the mountain of facts are in that case.

There is no difference between a 9-11 Truther or a JFK CTists and the people who post threads up on the paranormal section of this board claiming ghosts and spirits and Bigfoot and UFO's are real.

And no, I don't mind people my credibility or credentials when it comes to something THAT DOESN'T EXIST.
Old 28th November 2019, 05:46 PM   #40
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
There's actually only one real Finder and that's on OS X. Bow before the greatness of OS X!

Finder SUCKS!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories