IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags film , bigfoot , patterson gimlin

Closed Thread
Old 12th August 2007, 11:59 AM   #6961
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Crowlogic View Post
The time has come to stop thinking about this film as a few cowboys out to have some laughs.
I don't recall anyone here ever suggesting that was what they thought.

This piece of film was the culmination of years of work by Roger Patterson ..
Old 12th August 2007, 01:10 PM   #6962
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
I don't recall anyone here ever suggesting that was what they thought.

This piece of film was the culmination of years of work by Roger Patterson ..

Years of work, by someone. As for the quality of those years of work let's for comparison have a peek at our saviour Bob H decked out in his very own brand new Bigfoot suit. Here it is with all the bells and whistles of modern technology. Just another baggy also ran (or compliant gait as it were). I understand that the production where this still comes from has yet to be released and I'm not surprised. Could it be for more costume tweaking? Now one poster was kind enough to throw Star Trek into this party so while they're at let's see if anyone can find the Muguru (sp) you know the big white poisionous Ape that bites Kirk.
Crowlogic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th August 2007, 02:07 PM   #6963
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3...attyaw2.th.gif

Years of work, by someone. As for the quality of those years of work let's for comparison have a peek at our saviour Bob H decked out in his very own brand new Bigfoot suit. Here it is with all the bells and whistles of modern technology. Just another baggy also ran (or compliant gait as it were). I understand that the production where this still comes from has yet to be released and I'm not surprised. Could it be for more costume tweaking? Now one poster was kind enough to throw Star Trek into this party so while they're at let's see if anyone can find the Muguru (sp) you know the big white poisionous Ape that bites Kirk.
Your point ?

And how it relates to whether or not the Patterson film shows a non-human North American primate ?
Old 12th August 2007, 02:41 PM   #6964
mangler
Critical Thinker

Logic,

1. You might want to get the scale a bit closer.

2. The camera elevation and angle are not the same.

3. The subject is not walking the same heading relative to the cameras.

4. The subject is not striding-out in one of the clips which would put it's arms and legs in different positions.

5. It's not the same costume.

6. They are trying to compare a mans gait and stride when he is 36-38 years older.

7. One should never try to compare these bad pieces of film.

8. Why do I even bother with this?

m

mangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th August 2007, 03:45 PM   #6965
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by onyxraven1979 View Post
(snip)I also saw a documentary 'Ancient Mysteries: Bigfoot' where a gentleman stated none has ever found a dead Bigfoot (or skeleton) because animals eat them, as they do other animals. True enough. He also stated he knows of none who has found a skeleton of a bear in the woods. (snip)
I know someone who found at least a partial bear skeleton. We have friends who are commercial artists and who live in the Appalachians at the end of a dirt road. They do have electricity and plumbing, but they're pretty far off the beaten path. A few years back they were hiking out to a waterfall and found the desiccated remains of a medium-sized bear. They took the skull, cleaned it, and have used it as a prop in some of their paintings. They also have an alligator skull that a friend of theirs found in Florida--I'd imagine a 'gator skull would be an even rarer find than a bear's.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th August 2007, 04:08 PM   #6966
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

I was taking my lead from how magic tricks/trickery are exposed. Which is by duplicating the trick/effect. In the case of comparing these two objects A does not imply B any more than C implys B. Now I wonder if Randi himself could be prevailed upon himself to fund a real bulletproof cinamatic recreation of this film. Whoever is making the thing that put Bob H into or back into a Bigfoot suit needs a better costume person. If there are excellent pics of the Bob H in the new suit lets see them, we have after all seen the bad one. I do feel it is a rather pathetic thing to ask a man so many years older to recreate a physical feat accomplished in youth. But anybody could be in that suit and it still wouldn't look like PGF. We live in a world where there are 6 billion people, there isn't a shotage of potential suit wearers but make the suit first, with all of the little nitpicky details that are debated on both side of the issue. Find an actor fit enough to wear the suit and and on some sunny October afternoon send it across a forest creek bank with a preferably Kodak 16 mm camera rolling. If for no other reason than to understand an enigma of 40 years. Now that would be an act of pure science!

Again it seems harder to prove its fake than it is to prove its real.
Crowlogic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th August 2007, 04:51 PM   #6967
Skeptical Greg
Agave Wine Connoisseur

It's simple..
The people who could do it, don't care, and certainly don't want to spend the money ..

Surely you realize, relatively few people care about this at all ..
Old 12th August 2007, 05:39 PM   #6968
RayG
Master Poster

I don't see either side coming out ahead. Personally, I think this 40-year-old film is next to useless.

Where is the recent non-anecdotal evidence of bigfoot?

RayG
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th August 2007, 07:50 PM   #6969
tube
Muse

A related Pacific Northwest cryptid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKsNi37DtG4

(Bigfoot) evidence doesn't look better on deeper analysis, it looks worse. David Daegling

The Bigfoot hypothesis is tested daily.
tube is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 12th August 2007, 08:33 PM   #6970
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

Dracula meets the Wizard of OZ.
Old 13th August 2007, 05:21 AM   #6971
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Thank goodness only one of those choices requires any proof.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th August 2007, 05:30 AM   #6972
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Well, you can see Bob H in the suit anytime you want, according to quite a few people! Just watch the PGF.

Late October temperatures at Bluff Creek probably don't get above 60F, actually. You might sweat in the suit, but it's not like it would be 80 or 90 degrees.

As far as duplicating the event, as Diogenes said the people who can couldn't possibly care less about bigfoot, and the believers are afraid they'll actually do it if they really try. The skeptics see little need to prove it's fake, and rightly so, imo.

Now if you ask me, I don't know if the film is genuine or not.

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th August 2007, 07:39 PM   #6973
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Originally Posted by tube View Post
This thread is like the last scene in The Alternative Factor, where Lazarus and anti-Lazarus fight for eternity, locked within the confines of the negative magnetic corridor...

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...s_lazarus1.jpg
Originally Posted by Orthoptera View Post
I salute your, sir, for one of the finest uses of a ST reference I've seen: obscure without being trivial, yet wonderfully apt. Even the photo adds a sly nod to ST's to-a-budget FX department and its PGF connection.

It's as if you feel by laughing together at the topic, we can starve the entity of the negative energies it needs to thrive...

http://images1.wikia.com/memoryalpha...k%2C_Spock.jpg
I just dropped my lightsaber and spat my caf.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 13th August 2007, 07:51 PM   #6974
kitakaze

Originally Posted by Correa Neto View Post
What two cowboys were doing for three weeks in the woods if they just wanted to make a hoax?

Are you guys blind?

They were out for some "Brokeback Mountain", of course. Filming a bigfoot hoax to grab some cash was just an elaborate excuse. You know, prejudice, etc.

The above "theory" wraps neatly all the details, don't you think?

C'mon, making suppositions will not help anyone's point, since nothing can be proven...
I... I... I'm waaay ahead of you.

kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th August 2007, 08:33 AM   #6975
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon

Originally Posted by RayG View Post
I don't see either side coming out ahead. Personally, I think this 40-year-old film is next to useless.

Where is the recent non-anecdotal evidence of bigfoot?

RayG
This thread is like the energizer bunny...it just keeps going and going and...

I wholeheartedly agree with RayG and also would like to know where the recent non anecdotal evidence is. To my askew way of thinking every day that has passed since the CMF (Con Man's Flick) with no Bigfeetsus is just another nail in the Coffin of the Unusual Size for Stinky Bipedal North American Ape Men.

Everything and I do mean......Evvvvvvvvvverything since the CMF has been proven useless...The buttcast...the bison hair...the Memorial Day Footage...everything Freeman and Biscardi ever brought forth...all of it usesless and obvious BS...isn't it odd that as technology has advanced Bigfeetsus footage has gotten worse? We have gone from the CMF to...to what?? Bobby Clarke's pathetic excuse for a blobsquatch?!?! The Memorial Day Footage?!?! C'mon...this is pretty much a stone cold lead pipe lock...

Bigfeetsus is Bullscheize.

Melissa feel free to get over it already...oh....and for all that's right with democracy...

..move on with your life would ya!?!

The Mad Man
Mad Hom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th August 2007, 12:00 PM   #6976
Starthinker
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mad Hom View Post
This thread is like the energizer bunny...it just keeps going and going and...
Here is the simplified version:

"The PG film may or may not show a bigfoot."
"It does."
"It does not."
"Yes, it does."
"No, it does not."
"Does so."
"No, it doesn't."
"Yes, it does."
"No, it doesn't."
"Yes, it does."
"No, it doesn't."
"Yes, it does."
"No, it doesn't."
"You suck."
"No, you do."
"Yes, it does."
"No, it doesn't."
"Yes, it does."
"No, it doesn't."
"Yes, it does, infinity."
"No, it doesn't, infinity plus one."
"Yes, it does, infinity times two."
"No, it doesn't, infinity times infinity."

And so on and on.
Starthinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th August 2007, 12:03 PM   #6977
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Bigfoot, spam, and eggs...

Spam, Spam, Spam, bigfoot, and eggs...

Old 14th August 2007, 01:32 PM   #6978
Crowlogic
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Starthinker View Post
Here is the simplified version:

"The PG film may or may not show a bigfoot."
"It does."
"It does not."
"Yes, it does."
"No, it does not."
"Does so."
"No, it doesn't."
"Yes, it does."
"No, it doesn't."
"Yes, it does."
"No, it doesn't."
"Yes, it does."
"No, it doesn't."
"You suck."
"No, you do."
"Yes, it does."
"No, it doesn't."
"Yes, it does."
"No, it doesn't."
"Yes, it does, infinity."
"No, it doesn't, infinity plus one."
"Yes, it does, infinity times two."
"No, it doesn't, infinity times infinity."

And so on and on.
I hope that Flying Suacer Avitar you have is just poking fun at those poor souls that believe in THAT nonsense. By that clown in Scandanavia no less. Maybe use it to cook up some of that spam and eggs Sgt Shultz has been kind enough to furnish us with!
Old 14th August 2007, 02:55 PM   #6979
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Yep, and the evidence backing your claim is reliable.
Quote:
30th December 2006, 02:08 PM
Great minds think alike...

Or:
Cowboy 1: Dammit, three weeks looking for bigfoot and we found nothing... I'm drowning in debts!
Cowboy 2: Yeah, the closest thing we got were those test shots with the gorilla suit...
Cowboy 1: Hmm... I think I jus had a great idea...

Or:
Cowboy 1: OK, we're set. Lets go make a million dollars!
Cowboy 2: But do we have to stay there for three weeks?
Cowboy 1: C'mon, we've talked about this before... We need to find suitable places, make several shots to make sure we got things right and no one would believe we caught a bigfoot on film after three days in the wild!
Cowboy 2: Well... Maybe we could just say we were there for three weeks...
Cowboy 1: Nah, they may talk with our neighbours and find the truth. Don't worry, it'll be fun! We can hunt, fish, ride our horses...
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th August 2007, 03:11 PM   #6980
Melissa
Thinker

Originally Posted by Mad hom
Melissa feel free to get over it already...oh....and for all that's right with democracy...

..move on with your life would ya!?!
I did, apparently you did not (how many pages later did you post this?). *snicker*

Nice to see your still thinking about me though You take care and have a nice life yourself.. I have lots of fun reading this thread - you all seriously crack me up. I do thank you for that.

Glass houses, glass houses
Melissa is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th August 2007, 06:49 PM   #6981
LAL
Illuminator

Psst..............want some stones?

https://librarylu.wordpress.com/

Last edited by LAL; 14th August 2007 at 06:57 PM.
LAL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 14th August 2007, 09:47 PM   #6982
kitakaze

I hope that Flying Suacer Avitar you have is just poking fun at those poor souls that believe in THAT nonsense. By that clown in Scandanavia no less. Maybe use it to cook up some of that spam and eggs Sgt Shultz has been kind enough to furnish us with!
Crowlogic, considering the above comment on Starthinker's avatar maybe you can provide us with an explanation of how belief in bigfoot is based on better quality evidence than UFO's and alien visitation.

Old 14th August 2007, 10:31 PM   #6983
kitakaze

Interlude -

Were America's first inhabitant's Japanese fisherman?

Old 15th August 2007, 04:43 AM   #6984
Melissa
Thinker

Originally Posted by LAL View Post
*giggle*

No, but I appreciate the offer.
Melissa is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th August 2007, 06:26 AM   #6985
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/fremont-lion/

Just waiting for that Bigfoot-F350 collision...

Old 15th August 2007, 06:28 AM   #6986
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
To throw from the woods at a Moneymaker moneymaker?

Old 15th August 2007, 07:43 AM   #6987
kitakaze

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/fremont-lion/

Just waiting for that Bigfoot-F350 collision...
Let's trot out some bigfoot myth perpetuator's doofus excuses for no bigfoot roadkill.

From the BFRO:

Quote:
How come there's no bigfoot roadkill?

The short answer: Bigfoots are extremely rare and extremely cautious--so much so that the odds of a roadkill have not caught up with any yet.

The Roadkill Potential

Only a very small fraction of the thousands of credible sighting reports describe near-misses with vehicles. No substantiated reports describe a collision with a bigfoot.

Every other large mammal in North America is far more abundant than bigfoots. Hundreds of near-misses happen with other animals before an animal is hit. Some species are hit more often than others. Deer often get "dazzled in the headlights" and stand paralyzed in the paths of trucks. Bigfoots seem to be far more intelligent than that.

Those who have gotten closest to bigfoots say an analogy of "intelligent ape" is not as accurate as "hair-covered aboriginal man." Around humans their typical behavior is to flee or hide. They try to stay out of view or at least in the shadows when near people or moving vehicles.

Many roadside sightings describe them hanging back in the shadows of a tree line and waiting for a vehicle to pass before crossing the road. In almost all of those sightings a passenger spotted the figure first. Because of that, it's reasonable to extrapolate that a whole lot more lone drivers never notice when this behavior occurs, because a driver's attention is usually on the road ahead.

Waiting for a vehicle to pass before stepping out of the shadows to cross, merely demonstrates the same pattern of cautious behavior they exhibit in other encounters with humans.
Yes, that's right. They're very rare, you see. They do however live all across the continent maintaining viable breeding populations, though. For the bargain price of $300 you can join one of our expeditions which have made contact with sasquatches nearly every time all across the continent. Look for an upcoming expedition near to you.

Also, they're very cautious except for when they're rummaging through your belongings, throwing things at you, charging at you, abducting you, trying to mate with you, talking to you, harrassing you, etc.

Old 15th August 2007, 09:01 AM   #6988
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Four hundred plus years of European-derived inhabitance and exploration of North America has not produced any confirmatory evidence of this Bigfoot creature. We don't have bones, a body or even DNA. The native tribes that existed here for thousands of years prior don't have any retained or discovered Bigfoot biological artifacts to present. This kind of historical confirmatory bankruptcy is quite reasonably considered evidence for absence. Forget the foot and buttprints. We should have had some Bigfoot meat (dead or alive) by now. This thing has got to produce roadkill, get shot intentionally/accidentally by a hunter, get captured or somehow trapped (Bigfoot never falls in wells) or be found dead. The lack of that stuff starts to add up over time. Rational people would start to doubt that this huge creature could evade confirmation by way of skill (behavior) or chance. Smart people are going to wonder why we have not yet found this creature (in a comprehensive taxonomic way) after all this time and circumstance. Any person who has ever set foot in the PNW woods can simply happen upon a dead Bigfoot. But yet there is nothing. Nothing like a real animal ever. Does this beast not succumb to the same fates as any other primate?

Bigfoot is as elusive as any common ghost.
Old 15th August 2007, 03:08 PM   #6989
Teresa.Hall
Scholar

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
... and because I don't worry about the Bigfoot question, and tag along not knowing about Bigfoot and am uniformed about Bigfoot... I decided to create an internet radio show called "Let's Talk Bigfoot".

Maybe listening to the various words of different people will get us all to some sort of proof. Maybe not. The important thing is to just talk about Bigfoot because this is what we love and are addicted to. Our radio show is not set up to determine if Bigfoot is a myth. It's designed to give the microphone to those that want to talk. Talking about stuff is an intrinsically important thing for mortal beings to do that are eventually going to die and know it. You can talk about Bigfoot here. We understand.

Maybe Bigfoot is not a creature at all. Instead it's an abstract and unconfirmable entity that gives people strength and a reason to wake up each day and make some sort of soapbox stand against the evil skeptics and know-it-alls that want to take away my tomorrows. If my inner fortitude allows me to argue for Bigfoot today, then I can buy myself a tomorrow on nothing other than the need to rebut any rebuttals. Don't you see that the Bigfoot idea gives me a reason to stay alive and fight off the horrifying and very real blackness of a life that fizzles out from depression and social isolation. Bigfoot is my God. Is it yours too? Let's Talk Bigfoot.
Where did this quote come from? It looks like something Melissa said but I'd like to know where it was posted. Can you give me the url for that post please?

The Let's Talk Bigfoot show was a group endeavor and the reasons stated above have nothing to do with why I decided to do the show. What I've bolded doesn't even sound like anything I'd think Melissa would ever say.

I'm in NO way addicted to bigfoot. It is a mild interest for me, certainly no addiction. In my mind our show is absolutely geared to talk about whether bigfoot is a myth or not. I for one am not in the believer camp so I want to talk to skeptics as often as "believers."

Last edited by Teresa.Hall; 15th August 2007 at 03:18 PM.
Teresa.Hall is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th August 2007, 03:19 PM   #6990
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Those are all my own words.
Old 15th August 2007, 03:48 PM   #6991
Teresa.Hall
Scholar

May we leave the Let's Talk Bigfoot show out of the mix when taking Melissa to task? The show is an endeavor by Melissa, myself, and the producers, Bob and Kathy Strain. While it has by a wide margin been the stage for bigfoot proponents, I've strived to find skeptics willing to do the show with us. I welcome anyone from this forum to come on the show as a guest. It is not my intention as a host for the show to be only a venue for proponents but balanced in viewpoints. If anyone (William) would like to do the show please e.mail me at teresamhall @ starband.net. I am not a "pattycake" and the show is not geared toward proponents only. I guess what I'm trying to say is could we leave the show out of the arguments with Melissa since she's not the only person on the show?

I am quite serious about my offer to interview the skeptical viewpoint of this forum. To date Benjamin Radford is the only skeptic who has agreed to appear. I think that's unfortunate with so many knowledgeable people on this forum who can speak to the other side of the bigfoot issue.
Old 15th August 2007, 05:10 PM   #6992
Melissa
Thinker

No, that doesn't sound like anything I would ever say, have said or will ever say.

Looks to me like William Parcher is practicing his trolling skills, and poorly at that.

If this is what Critical thinking is - I am happy with who I am, and how I treat people. If this kind of thing is condoned by this board, I am really shocked. I re-read the posting guidelines, and it seems all opinions here are allowed. William Parcher seems to think only his opinion is allowed - say something he doesn't agree with, and he attacks you - personally.. Now thats a good critical thinker. Cant win your side of the discussion - hey, no problem make up lies and post them about your opponent, yeah thats the right thing to do.

If this kind of thing is allowed - then I think its time to change the guidelines of this website. Continue with your trolling William Parcher - your making me look better every time you post these lies and general BS.
Old 15th August 2007, 05:45 PM   #6993
mangler
Critical Thinker

I'll make this quick, then on with your regular programming. Does anyone here have an active account with JSTOR?

m
mangler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 15th August 2007, 09:53 PM   #6994
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
We should have had some Bigfoot meat (dead or alive) by now.
Tastes like chicken...

Old 15th August 2007, 09:55 PM   #6995
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
William Parcher seems to think only his opinion is allowed - say something he doesn't agree with, and he attacks you - personally.. Now thats a good critical thinker. Cant win your side of the discussion - hey, no problem make up lies and post them about your opponent, yeah thats the right thing to do.
Do you have the same evidence for those claims as you have for bigfoot?

I hope you have some better evidence...I'd hate to think you are a liar.

Old 16th August 2007, 02:46 AM   #6996
kitakaze

RCMP capture Manitoba bigfoot hoaxer.

Old 16th August 2007, 04:13 AM   #6997
Mad Hom
Loose Cannon

Poor frustrated researcher is my guess.... after a few years .....Ok..make that weeks of exhaustive fieldwork the poor chap was unable to convince science of what he and the rest of Bigfeet Nation have known for quite some time now...that Hairy Bipeds of Unusual Size roam freely and without a care in the world across the unexplored hinterlands of the North American Plain and have done so for nigh these many years constantly eluding capture (whether on film or otherwise) repeatedly evading hunters, continually sidestepping any calamity that may leave a body and leaving nothing more than prints of their feet...hands....and...arse's.

Ghostly Ape Men with the uncanny ability to blur cameras at critical moments,who apparently have invisible poo and no discernible DNA. Mysterious creatures who never shed a hair and who never show themselves to anyone other than to those who couldn't zoom in on the Lincoln Monument without making him look like a Blobsquatch if their lives and the lives of their family depended on it.

Creatures of mystery who's undocumented existence just needs a little embellishing to convince the huddled unwashed masses that they are real.

So he did what needed doing by Criminy...he procured a cheap Mighty Joe Young outfit at the five and dime and schlepped around the campgrounds and provincial parks of the great white north inspiring others to look closer at the forest....not to mention to look deeper into their hearts to find the ability to truly...Bleev that Bigfeetsus is real.

LOL

Last edited by Mad Hom; 16th August 2007 at 04:16 AM.
Mad Hom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th August 2007, 05:08 AM   #6998
kitakaze

No, no, no, Madness. Your sly Freeman reference is all wrong. We should be saying 'he's lucky he didn't get shot' and we should keep saying that until someone asks us why no bigfeet have been shot. Then we should do a total 180 and talk about stunned hunters or insufficient calibre or you know, whatever sounds good.

Old 16th August 2007, 05:25 AM   #6999
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Was the guy shot?
You know, people wearing gorilla suits out there in the woods are supposed to get shot...

Originally Posted by Mad Hom
...snip...
Ghostly Ape Men with the uncanny ability to blur cameras at critical moments,who apparently have invisible poo and no discernible DNA. Mysterious creatures who never shed a hair and who never show themselves to anyone other than to those who couldn't zoom in on the Lincoln Monument without making him look like a Blobsquatch if their lives and the lives of their family depended on it.
...snip...
Uhm... Not exactly.
-You know, cameras are hard to use, the sightings are too short and you've gotta have a camera ready on your hands, autofocus is a pain the woods, one get nervous when suddenly seeing a bigfoot and messes the shot, cameras are heavy, most people do not use cameras... Have you seen the bigfoot cell phone movie? It was made by a person from the First Nations! That's pedigree, isn't it?
- There are alleged bigfoot pieces of poo! And with unusual parasites, said to be from Asia. But its inconclusive when it comes to say it surely came from a bigfoot butt...
- There are DNA samples claimed to be from bigfeet and bigfeet-like critters, and they are labelled as unidentified DNA. But actually the samples either are too degraded to allow anything other than to say "it came from a mammal" or were contaminated by human DNA...
- There are alleged bigfeet hair samples. But they either look quite like human hair samples or are said to be contaminated by human hairs; and no, the folicles are not there to help us with the above item...

In sum...

WB, Mad Hom, but nothing has changed when it comes to evidence. You would have had some fun with some bigfoot trolls that were around for a while...
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th August 2007, 05:28 AM   #7000
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Dammit Kitakaze is faster than me at typing!
Second time, first was for nearly a year, this time, some minutes.
I'm getting closer at a stunning rate!
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal