IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags film , bigfoot , patterson gimlin

Closed Thread
Old 17th September 2007, 02:08 PM   #7601
manofthesea
2wu4u

Cryptid Hunter Vehicle

Check this out. The other forum has a thread for trucks and stuff. Here's mine. (got a truck, too though)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM001175.JPG (72.6 KB, 11 views)
manofthesea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th September 2007, 09:17 PM   #7602
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Originally Posted by manofthesea View Post
Check this out. The other forum has a thread for trucks and stuff. Here's mine. (got a truck, too though)

Bah, next you will be telling us all about that the "Big Cat" in Olinda on Maui.

Old 17th September 2007, 09:58 PM   #7603
manofthesea
2wu4u

Howzit?

Bah? Ah, come on. It's a panther.
manofthesea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th September 2007, 03:12 AM   #7604
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

As the regulars here will know, I've eagerly been awaiting some word on the BFRO's lastest Wn'W adventure on my home island of Vancouver Island which was from September 13-16th. Here is the the thread on it at their board:

Vancouver Island 2007.

Highlights:

Quote:
Aaron did a series of three moans. He raidioed back and said that a rock had just hit him in the chest and asked what he should do? Robert told him to moan again.
After I continued moaning bigfoot improved his aim and beaned me upside the head and then hit me in the nads with a pinecone. It was the best US $300 I ever spent.

Quote:
Alex was in the middle of his next suggestion to head back towards the van when a big rock about the size of base ball landed right behind him!! Well..He screamed really loud (sorry Alex ) and started running down the road!
We found Alex a couple hours later hiding in one of the members' SUVs clutching a can of OFF! and a lighter. I didn't have the heart to tell him I threw the rock.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 18th September 2007 at 03:16 AM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th September 2007, 03:39 AM   #7605
Hokulele
Deleterious Slab of Damnation

Bah? Ah, come on. It's a panther.

Umm, not very likely.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../ln/ln14a.html
Old 18th September 2007, 04:54 AM   #7606
Drewbot
Philosopher

Was Alex huffing the OFF?

Couldn't he hear you laughing after the rock plugged him in the chest? Or was the laughter attributed to SAMURAI! Chatter?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th September 2007, 05:08 AM   #7607
Correa Neto
Philosopher

"Explanation" for Patty's pillow-butt...

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo...f-steatopygia/

Ever considered how many problems that poor creature had?
Hernia, blisters, etc. No wonder P&G managed to track it for 3 miles...

Poor Patty!

But I must wonder why an animal with so many problems was not captured or shot...
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th September 2007, 05:32 AM   #7608
kitakaze

Post for Bobbie Short.

Hey Bobbie, I was just wondering if you have seen this thread started by admin Blackdog over at Bigfoot Discussions concerning your discussions with us at the JREF, specifically your relating to us the story concerning Rick Noll bringing the Skookum Cast to Rene Dahinden's funeral (mis-spelling thread starter's):

Bobbie Short, Rick Noll, and the Skookom Cast

In the last post member Gerry J. Matthew... disputes your account citing confident information from a source present at the time:

Quote:
My source, who did attend Dahinden's funeral, unequivocally states that the SK was not there!
There was a reproduction of the heel [?] imprint which was seen by some ..later, but it is not even known for sure that it was Rick Noll who brought it up from the states!
Was Bobbie Short even at the funeral???

Bobbie goes on to say...

The imagination, the mind itself if you will is an amazing ally, a grand associate to support one's intent....but one must reign in that imagination, stick with the facts and cautiously proceed onward looking for the truth.

Is this not a perfect case in point for the use of such caution, Bobbie????
Also of note are mentions of your support of Janice Coy/Mary Green claims and your personal sighting claim.

Those unfamiliar with the JC/MG claims can find information at Bobbie's site. Some links:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/igor.htm

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/biology/manimal.htm

http://www.bigfootlady.net/fiftyyears.html

The claims essentially involve the habituation of a clan of talking bigfoots on a Tenessee farm but do get far more bizarre.

Blackdog, if there is confusion at your forum of our praise for Bobbie's site or not taking issue with Bobbie's bigfoot beliefs then maybe I can offer an explanation. Bobbie Short is a long-time bigfoot believer and chronicler and has created a site that we, you, and many frequently reference regarding bigfootery information. It goes without saying that we here are in disagreement with her position on the existence of bigfoot. That said, I for one have no expectation for a bigfoot skeptic to have put together a site so comprehensive over such a long period of time.

In adding the SC and MDF to the hoaxes and rumours section of her website, some of us here consider it a significant treatment of bigfootery claims. Try to keep in mind what irrelevance those particular claims have outside bigfootery. Their failure as reliable evidence was promptly recognized long ago. I for one find it more productive to first acknowledge forthrightness with specific dubious claims before expecting it or being critical of its lack elsewhere. Call it a certain type of pragmatism but I do not expect people such as Bobbie Short or others so deeply involved in Woods and Wildmen to abandon belief so easily.

Blackdog, I do have one question for you. Can you tell me if and how any of the regular contributers here at the JREF's bigfoot threads qualify as skeptical extremists?

Also, since some of the members of your board also post at the BFF where Noll is currently participating, maybe one them could take up the issue there. I would mention this also to our Diogenes or RayG who post here and at the BFF.

And back to Bobbie, in fairness, given the complete ridiculousness of JC/MG's claims, why have you not moved them to the hoax section?

Also, are you quite certain you did in fact have a bigfoot sighting? If so, why?

Last edited by kitakaze; 18th September 2007 at 05:36 AM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th September 2007, 05:50 AM   #7609
kitakaze

Originally Posted by Correa Neto View Post

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo...f-steatopygia/

Ever considered how many problems that poor creature had?
Hernia, blisters, etc. No wonder P&G managed to track it for 3 miles...

Poor Patty!

But I must wonder why an animal with so many problems was not captured or shot...
...Or how Lyle Laverty and his crew of Forest Service workers camped in the area since early summer had missed Big Mama. Or why she was never seen again. I'm sure the likely footer answer includes the words 'remote' and 'elusive'.

Old 18th September 2007, 07:53 AM   #7610
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
No wonder she was so slow getting away!

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th September 2007, 08:11 AM   #7611
Drewbot
Philosopher

1. I can't believe he put that on his website

2. Patty's got a diaper butt, because some female bushmen have large d'errieres? is that the connection we are supposed to make?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th September 2007, 08:12 AM   #7612
manofthesea
2wu4u

Hokulele, panthers are real. You can't dispute that. Come back with photos, hair, etc. to either prove or disprove that there is one on Maui.
Back to bigfoot. I see some of the legends have bothered to show up.
I have a great question for Kitakaze. It would be enlightening for believers and skeptics alike. During which particular thread did you convert from believer to skeptic? Was it a moment of clarity, or a simple realisation of your apparent folly? Thanks, man. It may provide a period of reflection for many.
(that other guy with the devil avatar is great, too) And you even invoked Diogenes. Can't wait for this.
Old 18th September 2007, 08:18 AM   #7613
kitakaze

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Was Alex huffing the OFF?

Couldn't he hear you laughing after the rock plugged him in the chest? Or was the laughter attributed to SAMURAI! Chatter?
Well, let's just take a bit of a closer look at Jeanne's WnW experience from my earlier post.

Jeann says:
Quote:
As for me I was just thrilled to death to actually have had an experience like that! I know there is no other explanation for what happened becuse I saw it and heard it myself!
Let's have a look at what Jeanne saw and heard (bolding mine):
Quote:
(snip)...we shut off all our lights and opened the windows to listen for knocks (didn't hear any) and drove slowly up the road in the dark.
Quote:
We all sensed that they were very close and heard steps in the woods close by. I had a "feeling" they were near the side of the van but couldn't see anything. Then a car came from up the road and blew our cover!
Quote:
Arron moaned...we waited..he monaed again...we waited...then again and waited, listening very quietly. Nothing happened.
Of course there's the rocking throwing which I mentioned before.

So to sum it up, what Jeanne saw and heard was some apparent footsteps in the woods and some rocks being chucked. Yet Jeanne tells us there is no other explanation for her experience. Apparently she can't fathom being scammed by the BFRO.

Old 18th September 2007, 09:38 AM   #7614
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
It was pouring rain and very dark already by the time we ventured out.
They heard steps in the woods in the pouring rain?

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th September 2007, 09:54 AM   #7615
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Option 1:
*splouch splouch*

Option 2:
Its night and it is raining. A 4X4 car is stopped at an unpaved road, all lights turned off... There is thick forest at both road sides... BFRO expedition members are inside the car... A woman is dozing...
Camera shows a bigfoot footprint filled with water...
*THUD*
Ripples form in the water
Dozing expedition member awakes
*THUD*
-Wide-eyed expedition member asks "What was that?"
*THUD*

Scary, eh?
Sould be 300 bucks- worthy
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:

Last edited by Correa Neto; 18th September 2007 at 09:58 AM. Reason: drama!
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th September 2007, 11:23 AM   #7616
Drewbot
Philosopher

I guess the really funny thing about the Cryptomundo Diaper butt article is that in order for the diaper butt on Patty to be connected to a trait also present in 'Hippy' African Bushwomen, then they must concede that Patty has a 'diaper butt'. Which, from what I remember, isn't a concession most PGF proponents are willing to make.
Old 18th September 2007, 12:04 PM   #7617
Correa Neto
Philosopher

If you found the article funny, the comments will make you ROTFLYAOL...

This sort of things really don't help the footers' cause...
Old 18th September 2007, 12:23 PM   #7618
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by kitakaze
Blackdog, if there is confusion at your forum of our praise for Bobbie's site or not taking issue with Bobbie's bigfoot beliefs then maybe I can offer an explanation. Bobbie Short is a long-time bigfoot believer and chronicler and has created a site that we, you, and many frequently reference regarding bigfootery information. It goes without saying that we here are in disagreement with her position on the existence of bigfoot. That said, I for one have no expectation for a bigfoot skeptic to have put together a site so comprehensive over such a long period of time.

In adding the SC and MDF to the hoaxes and rumours section of her website, some of us here consider it a significant treatment of bigfootery claims. Try to keep in mind what irrelevance those particular claims have outside bigfootery. Their failure as reliable evidence was promptly recognized long ago. I for one find it more productive to first acknowledge forthrightness with specific dubious claims before expecting it or being critical of its lack elsewhere. Call it a certain type of pragmatism but I do not expect people such as Bobbie Short or others so deeply involved in Woods and Wildmen to abandon belief so easily.

Blackdog, I do have one question for you. Can you tell me if and how any of the regular contributers here at the JREF's bigfoot threads qualify as skeptical extremists?Also, since some of the members of your board also post at the BFF where Noll is currently participating, maybe one them could take up the issue there. I would mention this also to our Diogenes or RayG who post here and at the BFF.

And back to Bobbie, in fairness, given the complete ridiculousness of JC/MG's claims, why have you not moved them to the hoax section?

Also, are you quite certain you did in fact have a bigfoot sighting? If so, why?
Nope no confusion, did you think there was? I honestly don't care why you care about (or praise) any website, including the one I post on, maybe you give yourself too much credit for having an influence on other people. I just posted Bobbies account of Noll bringing the SC to the funeral because I wanted to find out if it were true. If she had posted it elsewhere I would have linked there.

First question. Anyone who resorts to making up cute names for people they disagree with doesn't get a lot of respect from me, whether it's Roger Knights' names like scoftic, suitnik or the names thrown around here. I think that is an extremist position and a bit ad hom. It takes away from your stance by stooping to a level of intolerance and an unwillingness to try to understand your opposition's POV. There are extremists here and there are extremists on the other side. I honestly don't believe an intelligent person such as yourself believes otherwise.
But this is your forum and knock yourselves out, that's what you're here for. I haven't seen you on BFD telling us how we can, or should, talk over there. You asked and I'm responding to your question.
I like to maintain a middle of the road position and anyone who checks my posting history will know I've stepped on more than a few toes in the "bigfoot community" (I still hate that phrase). In fact I'm not even allowed to freely post at BFF without moderator review. I'm hardly what you would refer to as a "Woo".

Second question. I don't care who takes the subject over to BFF, or even is anyone does, maybe that's something you could take care of since you brought it up.

Third question. What would you like me to move to the hoaxing section on BFD? A thread that isn't there? Can you point it out to me? I must be missing something. Maybe I should start one to make you happy and then move it. OK?

Fourth question. Are you quite certain you had a "Blackdog sighting account" sighting?
I've never had a bigfoot sighting, have never claimed to and I highly doubt I ever will. It's just an interest of mine. I assume that's OK with you and that you will maintain the high level of tolerance for individual thought that you normally exhibit.

You're welcome to join BFD anytime and ask questions there, that's probably the best place to ask them if you really care about an answer. I know you are a member over at Melissa's forum. Is it that she's just cuter than me or do you prefer to address your questions about BFD here where you have support?
Maybe you just missed me but I have a feeling I'm being baited for something.
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th September 2007, 12:24 PM   #7619
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

[Edit.. multiple posts]

Last edited by Blackdog; 18th September 2007 at 12:48 PM.
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th September 2007, 12:25 PM   #7620
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

[Edit... Multiple posts]

Last edited by Blackdog; 18th September 2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 18th September 2007, 12:53 PM   #7621
kitakaze

Blackdog, before I waste time on a longer post can you please take a good look at my post #7608 so as to discern what was addressed to Bobbie and what was addressed to you. That would take care of the obvious confusion you had.

Old 18th September 2007, 01:13 PM   #7622
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

I see it now. You were jumping back and forth between comments and questions for me and Bobbie.
This sentence confooseled me;
Quote:
I assumed you were talking to me in reference to Bobbie. Bobbie has supported the JC/MG claims in the past and it looked to me like you were asking me to move a discussion about it on BFD to hoaxes, where it most certainly belongs.
Old 18th September 2007, 01:16 PM   #7623
kitakaze

Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
Nope no confusion, did you think there was?
Obviously there was, Blackdog.
Quote:
I honestly don't care why you care about (or praise) any website, including the one I post on, maybe you give yourself too much credit for having an influence on other people.
Nice. And What exactly are you talking about? People in the thread you started weren't confused by our interaction with Bobbie?
Quote:
I just posted Bobbies account of Noll bringing the SC to the funeral because I wanted to find out if it were true.
So that would make the second question reference nonsensical.

Quote:
First question. Anyone who resorts to making up cute names for people they disagree with doesn't get a lot of respect from me, whether it's Roger Knights' names like scoftic, suitnik or the names thrown around here. I think that is an extremist position and a bit ad hom. It takes away from your stance by stooping to a level of intolerance and an unwillingness to try to understand your opposition's POV. There are extremists here and there are extremists on the other side. I honestly don't believe an intelligent person such as yourself believes otherwise.
But this is your forum and knock yourselves out, that's what you're here for. I haven't seen you on BFD telling us how we can, or should, talk over there. You asked and I'm responding to your question.
I like to maintain a middle of the road position and anyone who checks my posting history will know I've stepped on more than a few toes in the "bigfoot community" (I still hate that phrase). In fact I'm not even allowed to freely post at BFF without moderator review. I'm hardly what you would refer to as a "Woo".
Per my bolding I actually do know otherwise. In your long self-referential response and speech about labeling you ironically seemed to neglect qualifying your 'extremist' comment. Go figure.

Quote:
Second question. I don't care who takes the subject over to BFF, or even is anyone does, maybe that's something you could take care of since you brought it up.
Well, as I pointed out since all you want is to get to the truth of the matter...

Quote:
Third question. What would you like me to move to the hoaxing section on BFD? A thread that isn't there? Can you point it out to me? I must be missing something. Maybe I should start one to make you happy and then move it. OK?

Fourth question. Are you quite certain you had a "Blackdog sighting account" sighting?
I've never had a bigfoot sighting, have never claimed to and I highly doubt I ever will. It's just an interest of mine. I assume that's OK with you and that you will maintain the high level of tolerance for individual thought that you normally exhibit.

You're welcome to join BFD anytime and ask questions there, that's probably the best place to ask them if you really care about an answer. I know you are a member over at Melissa's forum. Is it that she's just cuter than me or do you prefer to address your questions about BFD here where you have support?
Maybe you just missed me but I have a feeling I'm being baited for something.
You see now that you were confused, yes?

Old 18th September 2007, 01:23 PM   #7624
kitakaze

I see it now. You were jumping back and forth between comments and questions for me and Bobbie.

I assumed you were talking to me in reference to Bobbie. Bobbie has supported the JC/MG claims in the past and it looked to me like you were asking me to move a discussion about it on BFD to hoaxes, where it most certainly belongs.
My apologies. This post came up while I proceeded to go ahead and fully respond to your prior post. I will not delete it because it does contain points unanswered. Make no mistake, I agree with your intention of getting to the bottom of the issue and I agree with others' observations in that thread. Stacy, in particular.

Old 18th September 2007, 02:12 PM   #7625
kitakaze

Quote:
Ah yes, BD. I can see how you might have interpreted it that way now. Maybe I should have bolded Bobbie again. Does BFD have a hoax section? I don't know, I've spent probably 15 minutes total reading the board.

Old 18th September 2007, 02:57 PM   #7626
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Obviously there was, Blackdog.Nice. And What exactly are you talking about? People in the thread you started weren't confused by our interaction with Bobbie?
I guess you would have to ask them. I was only answering for myself and I don't think that you dragged Bobbie over here kicking and screaming so there was no confusion on my part concerning your interaction with her. Your question would have better asked to the members at BFD who seemed confused. Like I said you can register there anytime and explain your position to them yourself if you're concerned about it. That seems fair doesn't it?

Quote:
So that would make the second question reference nonsensical.
I don't post at the BFF anymore because I am on mod review, I seem to have trouble playing nice with one of the moderators there. I suppose I could have tried posting it there but they don't allow or encourage cross posting there and I doubt that it would have been allowed considering that all my posts are reviewed. I could have posted it on every BF board on the net but I only post on BFD. You made the suggestion that it be posted elsewhere;
Quote:
Also, since some of the members of your board also post at the BFF where Noll is currently participating, maybe one them could take up the issue there.
My suggestion would be that you do so, you know what they say, "If you want something done..."

Besides I got an answer in fairly short order considering the low amount of traffic there. It appears that it is just gossip. If Bobbie wants this to be believed she will have to site sources. Understand that I am in no way sticking up for Noll, he has his own agenda and we don't see eye to eye.

Quote:
Per my bolding I actually do know otherwise. In your long self-referential response and speech about labeling you ironically seemed to neglect qualifying your 'extremist' comment. Go figure.
You don't believe that there are extremists here? OK, we'll have to disagree. I'm not going to name names and get into that mess. (let the name calling begin)

Again, I don't understand why, if you have questions for me, or anyone else on BFD, why you don't register and ask them there. That really would be the polite and most expedient way to get answers. We don't have any rules against cross posting so feel free.

Quote:
Does BFD have a hoax section? I don't know, I've spent probably 15 minutes total reading the board.
Just enough time to see me referencing JREF and Bobbie's post there.

Really, I'm not such a bad guy and maybe we're getting off on the wrong foot. You might even like the way I approach the subject.
Old 18th September 2007, 05:02 PM   #7627
RayG
Master Poster

Welcome BD, nice to see ya.

Anyone who resorts to making up cute names for people they disagree with doesn't get a lot of respect from me, whether it's Roger Knights' names like scoftic, suitnik or the names thrown around here. I think that is an extremist position and a bit ad hom. It takes away from your stance by stooping to a level of intolerance and an unwillingness to try to understand your opposition's POV.
I agree 100% and have said so a number of times here and on the BFF.

Quote:
Heh, I feel like I'm thought of as too skeptical on the BFF and not skeptical enough over here. Stepping on toes happens, and sometimes the stepee sticks around and argues their position, sometimes they take their toys and go home. I didn't realize you were on mod review. For what?

Quote:
You might even like the way I approach the subject.
I know I do.

RayG
RayG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th September 2007, 10:19 PM   #7628
kitakaze

I guess you would have to ask them. I was only answering for myself and I don't think that you dragged Bobbie over here kicking and screaming so there was no confusion on my part concerning your interaction with her. Your question would have better asked to the members at BFD who seemed confused. Like I said you can register there anytime and explain your position to them yourself if you're concerned about it. That seems fair doesn't it?
Fair enough.
Quote:
I don't post at the BFF anymore because I am on mod review, I seem to have trouble playing nice with one of the moderators there. I suppose I could have tried posting it there but they don't allow or encourage cross posting there and I doubt that it would have been allowed considering that all my posts are reviewed. I could have posted it on every BF board on the net but I only post on BFD. You made the suggestion that it be posted elsewhere;

Quote:
Also, since some of the members of your board also post at the BFF where Noll is currently participating, maybe one them could take up the issue there.
My suggestion would be that you do so, you know what they say, "If you want something done..."

Besides I got an answer in fairly short order considering the low amount of traffic there. It appears that it is just gossip. If Bobbie wants this to be believed she will have to site sources. Understand that I am in no way sticking up for Noll, he has his own agenda and we don't see eye to eye.
I think for either of us to show up at the BFF with a 'Did Noll Bring the SC to Dahinden's Funeral?" thread at the BFF it would be considered trolling. You, the trouble maker guy or me, the rabid skeptic guy.
Quote:
You don't believe that there are extremists here? OK, we'll have to disagree. I'm not going to name names and get into that mess. (let the name calling begin)
That's cool, I understand. I just wasn't sure how to interpret your characterization of 'extremism'. Back when I first joined I used to butt heads with people who would come into the thread and flatly state that anyone who believed in bigfoot was an idiot. It's been a long time since we've had anyone like that. That would be a judgement I would label ignorant and extreme.
Quote:
Just enough time to see me referencing JREF and Bobbie's post there.
Yup. Someone else spotted it an PMed me. I barely even pay attention to the BF proponent board where I am registered.
Quote:
Really, I'm not such a bad guy and maybe we're getting off on the wrong foot. You might even like the way I approach the subject.
You might be right. I certainly agreed with much of what you said from that thread.

Old 19th September 2007, 10:43 AM   #7629
kitakaze

Hokulele, panthers are real. You can't dispute that. Come back with photos, hair, etc. to either prove or disprove that there is one on Maui.
Back to bigfoot. I see some of the legends have bothered to show up.
I have a great question for Kitakaze. It would be enlightening for believers and skeptics alike. During which particular thread did you convert from believer to skeptic? Was it a moment of clarity, or a simple realisation of your apparent folly? Thanks, man. It may provide a period of reflection for many.
(that other guy with the devil avatar is great, too) And you even invoked Diogenes. Can't wait for this.
What? Story time? Oh fine. For the kids, I guess. BTW, you have to sit at the back for pulling a reversal of the burden of proof on Hokulele.

Let's see... Where to start? Ah yes.

There I was some years ago in the deep wilds of Vancouver Island, nearing dusk on a late summer evening. I had just finished a brisk round of stumping knocking with no reply and my hands were a bit numb. I had begun my usual call cycle of a series of moans, wails, grunts, cackling, loud sobbing, and spirited Chinese poetry readings in hopes of establishing contact. I was not far from my recently finished Mobile Observatory for Hominoid Apes In Recloose (MOHAIR). She was a mobile blood donation facility that I had sold my house and drained most of my life savings purchasing and converting into a fully outfitted base for my research purposes complete with state of the art military grade surveillance equipment. I called her Susan.

I was wearing my favourite fatigues, ascot, and fidora with spiritual raven feather. I also wore a pheromone chip necklace, a jumbo size bag of Act II popcorn strapped to my belt, and had a couple of fresh deer livers in my pockets. I had just given myself a fresh spray of urine from a female gibbon in estrus that I had 'acquired' through a connection down in San Diego. I suddenly became aware that though I had started with some verses by legendary Tang Dynasty poet Fenggan (AKA Big Stick), I had prematurely gone to the loud sobbing which I thought was odd considering it was not my intention. At first I tried giving myself the feeble explanation that it was the monkey piss making my eyes sting but in my heart I knew the truth... I was a sad, spent soul chasing nonexistent manbeasts in hopes of retrieving lost dreams. I had a head full of nonsense and a pocket full of ungulate innards.

I sold Susan to an organization in Kentucky for half of what I put into her and proceeded to move to the largest megacity on Earth, Tokyo, where I would be free from the cursed forests. Oddly, I had found my knowledge of Chinese poetry to be a blessing when I met my now wife, Wu Pi. We were both in the same Japanese language course. She laughed wildly when I mentioned the Chinese yeren to her and I loved her. Through her vicious hatred of Feng Shui she introduced me to the JREF where I am now one of the bigfoot skeptic legends feared far and wide. In honour of my epiphany Wu Pi calls us The Big Sticks, Pummelers of Bigfootery.

Old 19th September 2007, 10:51 AM   #7630
Drewbot
Philosopher

Jesus Kitakaze this has the makings of a Christopher Guest mockumentary all OVER it.
I think you should send him a screenplay detailing it. Be sure to include the montage sequence, with an Ace Frehley song overlaid, of you outfitting your Bigfoot-Mobile TM.
Old 19th September 2007, 02:44 PM   #7631
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Kit, bigfoot apparently only responds to the sound of a Kodak K-100...

You should have had a pig with you, too. Bigfoot loves to throw pigs, and I like to hear about hairy pig throwing bipeds.
You might have captivated me with tales of porcine flight records.

Last edited by LTC8K6; 19th September 2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 19th September 2007, 06:39 PM   #7632
manofthesea
2wu4u

to my dear hoku

Sorry man, I was just playing (in a sense). I was remarking to my son the other evening about how cool it is to get paid chasing an unknown monkey, and he replied to me "they have that panther on Maui". He is working with OISC, and the monkey at Hoomaluhia is ongoing. They even had to survey the perimeter of the reservoir. I used to take my Bronco up to Peacock Flats, what a blast. Waiting for my wife to get a little more comfortable on her dirt bike before we ride up there.
Old 19th September 2007, 06:42 PM   #7633
TjW
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Kit, bigfoot apparently only responds to the sound of a Kodak K-100...

You should have had a pig with you, too. Bigfoot loves to throw pigs, and I like to hear about hairy pig throwing bipeds.
You might have captivated me with tales of porcine flight records.
How do you know they're throwing them? Perhaps the pigs are simply choosing that moment to fly.
TjW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th September 2007, 06:54 PM   #7634
manofthesea
2wu4u

Kitakaze, my man

I knew there was more to you than just a simple WnW reference (brilliant). Man, that story is very insightful. Thank you.
Read mine at BFF. It's all true.
I think that I have a more reasonable answer to my quest, albeit I've only started this online bigfooters' thing a few months ago. It was just something that I lived with. Not unlike dodging a few bullets here and there. My remark about the know-it-all computer is true, in a sense also. I have received more than I could have imagined by way of references, sources, and just plain truth. However, the mystery is still alive for me. Whoopee.
And again, thank you for your personal story. My wife is Japanese (!), but usually her advice is straight to the point: waving her fist in front of me and saying "punch your face".
To all: if you ever have a question or remark about anything I've said here or at BFF, feel free to post it. I stand by my remarks. All of them. I've learned alot in the past few months, thanks mostly to skeptics, so some of my 'angles' may seem to have changed. Also, I may be naive as I was not aware that the PGF was the Turin shroud of bigfootery. I assumed the belief was mostly based on experiences that people had out in the woods with a real creature. Now I realise that most of the animosity towards me may be due to the fact that in one of my first posts, I expressed doubt about the integrity of the PGF film. So, I get it from both sides, believers mostly.
Old 20th September 2007, 12:00 AM   #7635
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
How do you know they're throwing them?
Well, it's true that I lack first hand knowledge. Very unfortunate.

Kitakaze's report would have been impressive. You can just tell, can't you?

When calculating the distance, bounces and rolls are to be included btw.

Old 20th September 2007, 02:23 AM   #7636
carcharodon
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
...Or how Lyle Laverty and his crew of Forest Service workers camped in the area since early summer had missed Big Mama.
Well gee, Laverty and crew also missed all those gazillions of tracks on Onion Mountain and Blue Creek Mountain that same summer...even though they were everywhere and were around for a long time and plenty of other people saw them too.

How about that???? So your point is what exactly?

P.S) Don't answer that. Just a flying visit. I'm really not interested in any answer of yours.LOL.
carcharodon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th September 2007, 04:53 AM   #7637
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

There were hardly any tracks at all, of course. Missing those is nothing compared to missing Patty, especially when we know Patty was in the area and Titmus had met her already.

Old 20th September 2007, 06:16 AM   #7638
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I've always wondered about a couple things concerning the Laverty & Company (his co-workers) presence at Bluff Creek in relation to the PGF.

It is commonly stated that they worked the area (by way of the logging road) regularly and had not seen any Bigfoot tracks prior to finding them a few days after October 20th (the given date of the filming). The underlying assumption is that the tracks simply weren't there until Oct. 20. It is further assumed that if there were any tracks, these guys would have seen them. Is that really something we must assume? Are they certain to see any tracks in the sandbar area by simply riding past in their truck? Did they systematically exit the truck and inspect the surrounding ground as some routine activity as they slowly make their way along the road? Or, were these tracks visible from inside the truck? Why and how did they find the P/G/Patty tracks in the first place?

I also wonder (and previously had this question unanswered) if Laverty & Co should have seen the PG encampment at Louse Camp. Is LC visible from the logging road, or is it some place that Laverty & Co simply never visited? The reason the question is asked is because Laverty never mentions seeing their camp in spite of it supposidly being there for many days or weeks.
Old 20th September 2007, 07:08 AM   #7639
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Anyone heard this interview?

Quote:
In a message dated 7/29/2004 Daniel Perez writes:

Editor: With regard to Kal K. Korff's article, "Exposing Roger Patterson's 1967 Bigfoot Film Hoax," as published in your Skeptical Inquirer, July/August 2004 it should be clear to all who engage in the business of science that Greg Long's thesis (the subject in the Patterson-Gimlin
movie is a costumed man) is a testable one, yet no one to date, be it CSICOP, science or Hollywood has been able to duplicate that movie and they have had almost 37 years to do so.

Furthermore, the picture of the "footprint allegedly found at Bluff Creek site," as shown on page 38, there is nothing alleged about it. It is a fact. It was photographed by Lyle Laverty, a timber management assistant with the United States Forest Service on October 21st, completely independent of the late Roger Patterson and his friend, Bob Gimlin. I have a taped interview of Mr. Laverty made in 1992, so I am no stranger when it comes to a detailed and engaging discussion about the P-G film. And finally, that alleged footprint was cast by the late Bob Titmus just before the close of October 1967, a trained taxidermist very familiar with animals of the Pacific Northwest and he reported there was never any indication of fakery.
Daniel Perez
Norwalk, California

Old 20th September 2007, 07:14 AM   #7640
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Laverty said he passed by the film site on the 19th or the 20th. Presumably he saw no tracks.

He took the picture on the 23rd.

P & G said there were no tracks when they first got up there as well. The rain had mostly removed the tracks they had come to see.

Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal