IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , mental illness issues , psychiatry incidents , psychiatry issues , Trump controversies

Old 7th September 2022, 04:37 PM   #2201
xjx388

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I disagree 100%. It doesn't matter that she's family, or that she is involved in a lawsuit with him. She does not hide those facts. When she gives her opinions...not diagnosis... she supports them with evidence. There is no evidence that her opinions are incorrect as many mental health officials agree with her.

We will have to agree to disagree, as usual.
Old 7th September 2022, 07:03 PM   #2202
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
We will have to agree to disagree, as usual.
I can agree to that.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2022, 07:19 PM   #2203
xjx388

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I can agree to that.

Yay! We agree on something!

To be fair, we also agree that Trump sucks, so there’s that.
Old 7th September 2022, 10:54 PM   #2204
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
Yay! We agree on something!

To be fair, we also agree that Trump sucks, so there’s that.
True dat, true dat.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2022, 04:42 AM   #2205
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
So everyone agrees Trump is a mental menace and the argument arises when professionals make that assessment without some level of direct interactive contact with him?
Old 8th September 2022, 01:41 PM   #2206
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
So everyone agrees Trump is a mental menace
Pretty much so except for the MAGA crowd. Although I'd use "off his ***** rocker".

Quote:
and the argument arises when professionals make that assessment without some level of direct interactive contact with him?
Yes.
Old 15th September 2022, 05:59 AM   #2207
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...lasser-divider

Trump chief of staff used book on president’s mental health as White House guide
John Kelly secretly consulted The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump
Old 15th September 2022, 11:10 AM   #2208
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post

Trump chief of staff used book on president’s mental health as White House guide
I can see why.

The contributors to that book weren't wrong: Trump was and remains a danger to this country.
Old 15th September 2022, 06:45 PM   #2209
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post

He probably wasn't the only person with a copy of the book. From your link:
Quote:
The authors report that Kelly’s view was shared by unnamed senior officials, quoting one as saying: “I think there’s something wrong with [Trump]. He doesn’t listen to anybody, and he feels like he shouldn’t. He just doesn’t care what other people say and think. I’ve never seen anything like it.”
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2022, 09:51 AM   #2210
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Two new interviews with Dr. Trump:
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-enablers.html
https://www.salon.com/2022/09/12/mar...tment_partner/
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2022, 12:02 PM   #2211
ZiprHead
Muse

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
I heard she's a Trekkie.

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2022, 12:07 PM   #2212
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Interesting reads.
Old 19th September 2022, 01:18 PM   #2213
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Trump openly embraces Qanon.
Quote:
On Tuesday, using his Truth Social platform, the Republican former president reposted an image of himself wearing a Q lapel pin overlaid with the words “The Storm is Coming." In QAnon lore, the “storm” refers to Trump's final victory, when supposedly he will regain power and his opponents will be tried, and potentially executed, on live television.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bc-us...b082746be99f3a

Quote:
Donald Trump made one of his highest-profile embraces to date of the extremist conspiracy group QAnon at a political rally in Ohio on Saturday, making the apparently deliberate choice to play music that is virtually indistinguishable from the cult organization’s adopted anthem.

Dozens of the former president’s supporters in Youngstown engaged in raised-arm salutes as Trump delivered a fiery address to the background of a song his team insisted was a royalty-free tune from the internet, but to many ears it was nearly identical to the 2020 instrumental track Wwg1wga.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...deo-ohio-vance
Old 19th September 2022, 01:35 PM   #2214
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
They've gone beyond saying the quiet part out loud, now they're just screaming it.
Old 19th September 2022, 04:21 PM   #2215
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Donald, Donald über alles, über alles in der Welt!

Last edited by Stacyhs; 19th September 2022 at 04:23 PM.
Old 19th September 2022, 10:13 PM   #2216
stanfr
Master Poster

If anybody needs proof that T is completely off the deep end--there it is!

and its not 'nearly identical'--the song played at Trump rallies (as the crowd holds up one finger) is IDENTICAL to the Qanon self-proclaimed theme song wws1wga by 'Richard Feelgood' I know cause I listened to both tunes on Youtube, and there is *zero* difference. You dont need to do a spectral analysis to figure that one out.

The only puzzle is why the original composer (?) of 'Mirrors'--the song the Trump team claims it actually is, has not sued Feelgood. There are several possible reasons, from the composer being the same, to the fact that the music is royalty free and so there is no financial incentive.

But wow, to blatantly play a well-known Qanon song and then claim it isn't--that is beyond bonkers.
stanfr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th September 2022, 05:04 AM   #2217
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

I wonder why it took so long for Trump to publicly get behind the theory that he will be returned to power on a blaze of glory with his enemies being tried for crimes before being executed.

It’s clear he has fantasized about it since Nov 2020.
Old 22nd September 2022, 11:55 PM   #2218
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Michael Cohen weighs in:
Quote:
"There's something very different about Donald Trump today than the Donald Trump I remember at the Trump Organization," Cohen said.

"I think cognitively there's something seriously going on. He's so worried about what's going on, not just in this case but in all of the cases, that I really do believe that cognitively there's something going on there because nobody, even Donald -- he's not stupid enough to believe that you can mentally declassify documents," Cohen explained.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/oth...6550aea82df59f

Cohen has known Trump for 16 years.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics