IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Florida politics , Matt Gaetz , newsmax

Old 4th May 2022, 05:09 PM   #1121
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
And they are only revealing their narrowmindedness to those of us who already recognize it and are paying attention. Ask a random Fox-viewing Republican voter who Gaetz or MTG are and you are likely to get a blank stare. I do every time. Not exaggerating at all.
I read that Fox is actually trying to ignore them as much as possible since neither is a good look for the GOP.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2022, 10:27 AM   #1122
Ranb
Penultimate Amazing

Career prosecutors recommend no charges for Gaetz in sex-trafficking probe

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...x-trafficking/
Quote:
Career prosecutors have recommended against charging Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) in a long-running sex-trafficking investigation — telling Justice Department superiors that a conviction is unlikely in part because of credibility questions with the two central witnesses, according to people familiar with the matter.
New evidence could change the decision if they find any.

Ranb
Ranb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2022, 10:52 AM   #1123
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Gosh that other system of justice looks nice to be a part of. Is the prosecutor going to send him a gift basket with a written letter of apology next?
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:00 AM   #1124
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
I'd be in the slammer right now if I did what he did.
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:51 PM   #1125
plague311
Great minds think...

Yeah, I was fairly disappointed to read that news. At least it'll hang over his head for awhile.
“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd September 2022, 03:45 PM   #1126
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ranb View Post
Career prosecutors recommend no charges for Gaetz in sex-trafficking probe

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...x-trafficking/
Career prosecutors have recommended against charging Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) in a long-running sex-trafficking investigation — telling Justice Department superiors that a conviction is unlikely in part because of credibility questions with the two central witnesses
Curious... I thought the case would hinge not on witnesses but on documents... what was her birthday, when did she travel, and who paid for the tickets.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics